Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest Prices Paid

Comments

• quest132kquest132k Member Posts: 17
    If you are looking for a 2004 Quest, supply should not be a problem (unless you are looking for certain colors in a fully loaded SE).
    NOTE NOTE NOTE - the prices quoted at the manu site are all listed at MSRP - you should not be thinking of paying anywhere near that!!
    Do the research first, use Edmunds to determine the TMV selling prices in your area, then go visit your local dealers and find out who is competitive. Decide what you want and what you are willing to pay before you negotiate with anyone. Only after you determine what is considered a good deal in your area, can you tell whether a better deal is available elsewhere.
    DON'T go driving 3 hours just on a whim (or a promise in a radio ad) until you are armed with good data. Otherwise, you are at 2 disadvantages: (1) after investing time and effort to get there, you may be too willing to talk yourself into believing something to convince yourself it was all worthwhile. (2) You may get a lot of pressure to make a deal that's "only good for today" because they know that once you leave, you probably won't be back.
    There's plenty more good advice online - get educated before you buy - and don't rule out anything. Last summer, there were a number of reports on the Honda Odyssey board from people who flew from Phoenix to Houston to pick up their Ody - and reported saving $$1000's even after paying one-way airfare!
  • gg2k2segg2k2se Member Posts: 109
    I was going to pick up my located van tomorrow and the dealer called and told me that Nissan just offered 1.9%.

As for negotiating, I always (for 5 vehicles since 1990) start with invoice and work up from there. I figure what I think is a reasonable profit for the dealers effort relative to what the market is offering. With this Quest purchase, I used Carmax as a baseline (they are offering invoice price) and settled on $500 over invoice. I read quest123k got $200 over invoice so you can see where the market is. Tell the sales guy you've read up on invoice and market price so they don't give you the old-fashioned sales pitch.

One vehicle I bought 300 miles away because he was willing to deal and my local dealer was clueless. But my 3 recent vehicles (2 Maximas and this Quest) I bought from my local Binghamton guy because he understood my position and didn't haggle.
  • gatornichgatornich Member Posts: 1
    I bought my new Quest SE on December 9th and managed to get a 4.09% finance rate, but today I see the ad in the paper for the 1.9% deal. I called the dealership, but they said the 1.9% did not take effect until December 12th. They also said my other finance contract has finalized and it would take about $500 to break it. I offered to use some of my savings to finance a Extended Warranty through them (to encourage them to help me), but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Do you think the dealer should help me out, or am I just stuck with the higher rate? So much for the early bird getting the worm. I could have saved $20-$25 a month.
  • acfisher4acfisher4 Member Posts: 2
    I just closed the deal on an SL w/leather, DVD, premium pkg, seat pkg, mats and splash guards for invoice ($28,850). Still need to decide whether to lease (4.4% money factor) or finance (1.9% either 4 or 5 yr). Either way I think that the dealer's are looking to move for the end of the year!
  • johncaccjohncacc Member Posts: 1
    Just got a new SL in Smoke color with Seat Package, SL Upgrade Package, Cargo Cover, Micro Filter, Mats, and Splash Guards. Invoice, not including splash guards since I could not find price for them, is 26,152. I paid invoice (26,160) plus tax, tags, title. The 26,160 price was inclusive of all fees. It helped to take an approach of talking about out the door prices, since the fees varied greatly by dealer.

To get to this price, I contacted dealers within 100 miles. I used various methods including on-line services, email direct to dealers, and direct phone calls. Through follow-up phone calls, I quickly narrowed the list down to those dealers who were serious about selling a van.

I ended up with a little more than an hour drive to Greenville, SC but saved close to $500 by doing so. The dealer is Crown Nissan for those who are in that area. They have only been open a month but their processes were fairly smooth and I suspect will get even better.

I also ended up with the 1.9% financing deal for 5 years. Can't beat that rate.
  • ravi4questseravi4questse Member Posts: 1
    We are struggling to buy between a Quest SL w/ all packages or a SE w/ DVD-1. Ofcourse, if we get a good prices, we would go w/ a SE, but we seem to have a lot of trouble w/ the local dealers about market adjustment, MSRP, Dealer Stickers, etc. Not one whom I've talked is talking anywhere close to Invoice. I hear in this board folks always saying Invoice+500 max is what you would want to go with but I'm not even coming close. Can anyone PLEASE help me with your experiences with regards to pricing in the South Eeast Virginia area? Thanks in advance!
  • acfisher4acfisher4 Member Posts: 2
    As I stated in a previous post the other day I did get a loaded (all but running boards and NAV) for invoice+dealer fees of $289 (shopped 3 different dealers and fees were w/in $50.

Anyway back to you....while I was shopping on the net I came about a website (CARMAX.com) that's in the DC/Baltimore area that's selling vehicles under invoice!!! I live in CT and I was actually thinking of flying down there one way to pick it up... fees were only about $125 too!
    If they don't have it in stock they said they can order and get it w/in a week!

Good Luck!
  • ronoboyronoboy Member Posts: 32
    Purchased a 2004 Nissan Quest S with S upgrade package, seat package, microfilter and mud guards for $24,637, or approx 2% over invoice price of $24,140 (MSRP is $26,170) - this was in Champaign, IL...
  • jehall1jehall1 Member Posts: 2
    Yesterday we purchased the SL with DVD, Seat Pkg, Floor mats, Cargo Cover, microfilter and mud flaps. MSRP-$2,500.00. (About 116.00 over invoice I believe - not sure on invoice for mud flaps) Got the 1.9% financing as well. Will pick up on 01/01/04 (signed documents for this date for our tax purposes) Excellent buying experience in Louisville, KY. No pressure sale, salesman followed through with what we were told on phone. We were offered almost nothing for our trade, and basically we were told we were driving a piece of junk (97 Merc. villager), so we kept it, we may sell it on our own or use it as an extra vehicle.
  • polaricepolarice Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2004 Quest SL in Smoke on Saturday. Got the single DVD, upgrade pkg, seat pkg, micro filter, cargo cover yada, yada.

I'm in the North Bay of California and paid 27250 which is right at or below invoice (w/DVD). Used the carsdirect.com price as a baseline and the dealer didn't even flinch. He actually went down from that price. So... I'm pretty happy.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    I purchased a 2004 Quest S (Mats, Seat package, microfilter, DVD, paint sealant) this afternoon. Considering the excess baggage i was briging to this deal, I was very please with the overall experieince.

I traded two cars, 2001 Malibu LS (35,500 miles and in the middle of a 5 yr. loan) and a 1996 Ford explorer (V8 with 146,300 miles and a badly dented tailgate). They gave me $8100 for the Malibe LS which was a gift considering Kelly Blue book had the trade in value at $6,600 and $1500 for the Explorer "as-is". Plus they discounted the car $1900. The trade took care of my payoff which accomplished what I wanted One car payment. Now I have to buy my buddy's car to get me through the next couple of years.

Overall a very good experieince. I purchased from Cooper Nissan of Lehigh Valley (Easton, PA). They are looking to move cars there. Let me know if anyone int he area is looking and I can pass on a terrific salesman to you. Very low key, no pressure.
  • gmiller_vagmiller_va Member Posts: 3
    We bought a Smoke SE (w DVD) on 12/1 and I've been meaning to post a note here since then, but have been too busy watching DVDs in the garage. :-)

I'd like to thank everyone who shared their experiences here and in the Problems board, especially the prolific "regulars." I read the discussions here pretty religiously before buying, and feel like it made me a much more savvy shopper. We narrowed it down to the Ody and the Quest; I was leaning toward the Honda as the more conservative choice, but my wife fell in love with the nontraditional styling of the Quest. Reading about some of issues on the Problems board spooked me a little, but I convinced myself that most of the problems experienced were cosmetic (rattles), and that the number of postings wasn't indicative of an inordinate number of problems (more likely, the large number of people who are NOT having problems don't post on the Problems board - duh).

Anyway, we went ahead and got the Quest, and at 1000 miles now are very happy with it (no rattles either). Our only complaint is that it's a tight squeeze getting into the garage, but we expected that before we bought it. Nothing exciting to report about our buying experience, mostly because I'm lucky enough to qualify for the VPP program through my employer. The sales guy was funny when I mentioned VPP to him after the test drive when it was apparent that we were seriously interested. He joked that we wouldn't get to do any of the fun part (negotiating).

The one significant thing that I wanted to share is that I went back today to buy the extended warranty and got some potentially useful info. I reviewed the previous postings here to get an idea of what others were paying. I should mention up front that I'm a notoriously bad negotiator - confrontation isn't my thing. So, I walked into the dealer expecting some pain, but walked out less than 10 mins later completely satisfied.

I told the very pleasant F&I person that I had bought the car earlier this month, that I had been shopping around on warranties, and wanted to compare the plans she had to offer. She went and got "the book" and showed me what the dealer's cost was for the various plans, and then said she'd need to make a little money on whatever I chose. I scribbled down a couple of the numbers (dealer's cost):

Gold Preferred 84/100k $0 deductible - $1328
    Gold Preferred 84/100k $50 deductible - $1063

She offered me the Gold Preferred 84/100k with $50 deductible for $1095 + 4.5% VA sales tax. She offered the $0 deductible for $1350. This seemed to be a good deal to me compared to what others had reported of prices in the $1300 range. She said she was giving me a deal because I bought the car from them and then came back to them for the warranty. I don't know if today being 12/31 (last day of the month, last day of the year) had anything to do with it, but I did shop today intentionally. I was comfortable with quote she gave me, so I didn't quibble and went with $50 ded. for $1095 (I did mention that I'm not much of a negotiator).

The dealer is Brown's Sterling Nissan in northern VA. All my experiences with them have been positive; I'd recommend them to anyone in the area. I forgot to mention that they were able to locate a Smoke SE for us within 24 hours, which appears to have been a bit of a feat given the popularity of this color/model combination.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

Happy New Year!
  • cablekccablekc Member Posts: 54
    If I get a Quest, I would want to get the latest model with all the fixes of the "bugs". I am unfamiliar with when the "new" models come out.

Has the 2004 models for Quest come out yet?

If so, how long has the 2004 Quest been out?

If not, when does it come out?
    The 2004 Quests have been out for 4-5 months now. So far the biggest issues have been leaking on the skyview sunroofs and rattles in the sliding doors and in the rear. And they have a fix for these issues already. So far so good. I

I purchased mine last Tuesday. Thought I had the rattling problem but it turned out to be my son's car seat. Lov the space and the ride. The engine moves the vehicle effortlessly.
  • cablekccablekc Member Posts: 54
    What are the most common problems with the Quest?

From what I can tell, there is the leaking skyroof and the creaky door. Anything else?

Its more that I would want to know what else to look for in the car when ( and if ) I get the Quest.

Also, when does the 2005 model come out?
  • mitsub01mitsub01 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a Quest SE in early October at Brown's Nissan in Fairfax, VA using a United Buying Service (UBS) certificate available at many local Washington, DC, credit unions, as follows:

Options: DVD (single), NAV system, Seat Package, floor mats, splash guards, and cargo cover (not including taxes, title, and tags):

MSRP: $37,320
    Invoice: $34,006

UBS delivered price: $34,166

Other available options, some of which I selected:
    Appearance package (from dealer) including wheel locks, pin striping, and door edge guards: $428

Exterior paint sealant, leather sealant, and undercoating: $599

Protection Gold Plus Plan: 6 years/75,000 miles: $909

Lojack System with Early Warning option: $995

I am picking up the vehicle tomorrow and will report my driving experience in one of other Quest forums.

I had a good buying experience at this dealership and would recommend them.
  • shenkarshenkar Member Posts: 159
    Great deal, congrats. Any idea why it took so long for them to deliver your vehicle (almost 3 months). Seems like they made you wait a lonnnng for a very standard SE (aside from the dealer installed accessories).
    The leaking sunroof and rattles are the two most common things. Deals can be had on this vehicle as Nissan is trying to get as many on the road as possible without using rebates (thank goodness).
  • frittobfrittob Member Posts: 52
    Nice Deal .. Congrats and Enjoy

Curious about the pinstriping ... Could you give us more details?
  • smithco83smithco83 Member Posts: 3
    Got our Quest SE on Dec 19 for $200 over invoice and 1.9% financing at Sisson Motors, Washington PA. Hassle free transaction. We had already test driven the Quest and some other minivans a few times and knew what we wanted. Saw the SE (red - w/out dvd & running boards) on the Nisson dealer website and sent an email asking for best price over invoice. The dealer called my wife and suggested we come down and drive it, to which my wife responded that we were ready to buy and needed to know that the price would make the trip worthwhile(about 50 miles), he asked what price we had in mind and she responded $200 over invoice as we could get that price or better via CarMax (albeit 300 miles away). The saleman went to talk to his manager and came back 2 minutes later and said OK. Drove down the next day and signed the deal, he showed us the invoice which matched the numbers I already had, explained their dealer services and the van's features and off we went. Couldn't have asked for a better experience and in fact I originally was willing to even pay a little more as they had what we wanted in stock and were closer to home than CarMax. I think the end of the year and the fact that they had a good supply of Quest's instock helped as other dealers we had previously talked with were more evasive on pricing and made it sound like they weren't going to negotiate real far.
  • wwtpkidwwtpkid Member Posts: 1
    About three week's ago i used your internet service to locate a nissan dealers in my area,well your site supply me with four dealers.Two of the dealers i made a trip to to see their va's,but they did not have the se with dual dvd,navagation ,seat pkg.But said they could located withend a few day's,and gave me price fo what it would cost.SO I starded sending the prices to other two dealers.Well I end up with two dealers sloane nissan and metro nissan. sloane sent me a price of 34,363, so isent this to metro and he email me back a price of 34,163 so I email this back to sloane and he call me and said no way he could beat that price and good luck if i could get it.So on 12/13/03 I when to metro sign a contract and put down deposit o f $500.OO DOLLARS, AND THEY ALLSO DID A CREDIT REPORT I HAD 745 SCORE.They allso told me it would be three day to find the van.Well two week's when by and no van,no call or email,so I call them they said they could not locate a se for me with what I WHATED, so in when back on the enternet and found four dealers in a 30 mile area,that had the van ,SO I call them again and gave them dealers names and telephone no.NOW THEY TELL ME NO ONE WILL TRADE WITH THEM.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HALEY- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&- gt;>>
    Okay...so go back to Sloan and buy your van. $200 on a $34k van isn't the end of the world, and you can get your satisfaction from telling people to avoid Metro.
  • mitsub01mitsub01 Member Posts: 2
    "Any idea why it took so long for them to deliver your vehicle (almost 3 months). Seems like they made you wait a lonnnng for a very standard SE (aside from the dealer installed accessories)."

The reason I had to order the SE is because to get the UBS pricing I had to special order it from the factory and NOT from the dealer's stock. I could have got the UBS pricing on an in-stock S or SL but I wanted the SE and was willing to wait the 3 months.

"Curious about the pinstriping ... Could you give us more details?"

In this case, pinstriping consisted of dual contrasting color (in my case, gold stripes on autumn red body) running the entire length of the Quest on each side. Not needed of course, but looks pretty cool!
  • rickpctrickpct Member Posts: 71
    In looking at the board recently I noticed lots of people are getting the Quest at about 300-600 above invoice. I am planning to get a new minivan in early March. I qualify for VPP - which is 3% UNDER invoice. Was thinking about trying to negotiate better than that, instead of walking in and saying I qualify for VPP - maybe too greedy???

thanks.
  • actdactd Member Posts: 12
    I bought and picked up my SL on Dec 31, 2003. It was exactly $911 below invoice. Of course, that was the last day of the year so the dealer insisted the van must be delivered the same day to qualify for that price. I didn't even use the VPP discount or apply for finance.
  • themdtnthemdtn Member Posts: 18
    I also bought an SL at the end of last year at $200 below invoice. It's Santa Cruz Nissan. Most other dealers around and North of San Jose area asked for $300-400 above invoice.
  • tobleronetoblerone Member Posts: 19
    Hey Dave, I am working a deal right now for $573 below invoice. 5% tax and $90 tag transfer are the only additional fees. But, I was wondering about your trade. I am trading a 2001 Full Size Mitsu. Monteron Ltd. It has 63,000 miles on it. It has hitch, running boards, sunroof visor, window visors, hood visor. It also has the rear air. I am being offered a pretty consistant $12,500 from dealers and Carmax. Could you let me know what you got for yours and how many miles you had. Thanks
  • bad1550bad1550 Member Posts: 27
    My buying experience involved 2 local dealers. My first dealer offered a $29,500 MSRP SL for $20,000 (A One Pay 48 month Lease) which included taxes, etc. and a $1,500 trade in for my 98 Voyager. Total outlay would have been $18,500.

So I went to another dealer and for the same 48 month one pay lease he offered $17,000 less $2,500 for my trade in so I jumped on it.

My total cash outlay was $14,500 for a 48 month lease with a Purchase option of $14,400 at lease end.

I hope I made a good decision.

Bob
  • happydave_cthappydave_ct Member Posts: 6
    My 2001 Mitsu Montero LTD (silver with black leather) had 41k miles and didn't have your add-ons, though I did have rear air and sunroof. I had an aftermarket 12 CD installed (factory in-dash CD changer kept locking up on burned CD-Rs). It was in between "Good" to "Excellent" shape as defined by Kelley Blue Book. I traded it in early November, and got $16,200. I had been quoted anywhere from $13,000 to $15,500 from other dealers (and being told I would have to pay sticker for the SE).

A few things I learned when looking to trade-in that car: a) dealers are reluctant to take the Montero because Mitsubishi has been greatly discounting new ones (and offering crazy financing), making used ones less desirable, b) depends on where you live regarding marketability. I live in an area of CT where most people are less likely to buy a used Montero -- they'd be more apt to buy a used Lexus or Land Rover for an SUV. I ultimately went outside my immediate area where I think my car was a bit more desirable.

If you check out Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com -- however, most dealers use a resource called Galves because it is lower), you will find your car is probably worth between 12,500 and 13,300 as a trade depending on it's condition. Good news for you -- winter time = higher demand for 4WD.

Hope this helps! Good luck.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Dealers use whatever book is lower at the moment :-)

Unless they need a high value to show to the bank to float a big loan for a buyer, in which case they grab the book in the other drawer.

What is the "Kelley Blue Book" Price?

Steve, Host
    Yeah, whatever is best for the dealer. We all know that! So, you think $12,500 and $573 below invoice on an SE w/ 2 DVD screens and Nav is pretty good?
    We all know that!

Yeah, I forget I'm preaching to the choir sometimes. If y'all weren't educated consumers, you wouldn't be here.

Live by the book, die by the book.

I think whatever the TMV says is golden. And hopefully you beat that :-)

Steve, Host
    Just picked up my Grean Tea SE with NAV and Double DVD tonight. Had to drive it home in the slushy, icy snow. Did OK until I got home. I live on a steep driveway. Had to plow a little before I could get up.

The dealer I was working with said that they would beat any deal. But, when it came down to it they changed their toon. Then they started to lay on the guilt about how we test drove their vehicle and kept them late a couple nights. Then they started to lie about things. Said Carmax charged $400 to sell them your car. I called them, they don't charge a dime. Anyway, we bolted out of there as fast as we could.

We had a fantastic experience from the dealer we purchased from. They didn't play any games and evey other dealer I called said that there was no way they were going to honor what they quoted. Well, they did.

I got the loaded SE (which, by the way, they had to get from another dealer. There was only 1 in my area that was the correct color / option combination.)for $573 below invoice. I paid $33,800 plus 5% tax and $107 to transfer my tags. PERIOD! Nothing else! I financed for 5 years at 1.9%. They also gave me $100 more than the highest quote I got on my trade. They are no-nonsense. I would recommend them to anyone.

In fact, we are going back Monday night to buy a SL Altima, also below invoice! Can't pass it up at .9% interest and below invoice!
  • esteemesteem Member Posts: 5
    yesterday morning test drove SE at this Nissan dealer near my house. the salesman started from 34 something plus all the fees, taxes etc and store manager came down to like 31,400 saying that its 100 above invoice. I still feel that Honda and Toyota are a better choice, but I could be wrong. Liked the SE we drove but .....

anyway, I was offered 1.9 APR for 60 months as well. so the prices are coming down and I could have gotten this van for under 30 for sure, if I wanted. I was not sure abt the edmunds price, so did not make any offers also. but I like Odyssey better, so anyway, was not too interested in negotiating.....

Also, the saleman, could not show us how to fold the middle row seats and open it up and also some of the functions on the dashboard.
    esteem, the sense I get from your post is that it does not matter what kind of offer or incentive you get on an '04 Quest...and no matter what kind of objective data you are presented with demonstrating the superiority of the Quest (if any), you are not predisposed to buy a Quest. Furthermore, I strongly suspect that if you were to purchase a Quest, in the frame of mind you display, you would be an unhappy, and ultimately disgruntled owner.

Clearly, you should buy a different brand of van. That's OK. Different strokes for different folks. They are all excellent choices, and the Quests will all find loving homes, I'm sure. So just buy the one you love, so there will be no regrets, and inordinant faultfinding later.
  • juliziojulizio Member Posts: 18
    toblerone,
    if you went to carmax, I'm close to your area. if you don't mind sharing the dealer you purchased from we'd might give them a try.

I tried carmax, the price on the new van is great, but the trade-in on my existing car wasn't even valued at fair according to kbb.

thanks.

homer
    I called EVERY dealer in MD. We bought from VOB in Rockville. He quoted me a price. I asked a few questions. He said he could go $400-500 below invoice. I only got 1 dealer to match that price.....Bel Air Nissan. But, they were getting the van from the same place Rockville was (Silver Spring) and they had $100 processing fee that VOB did not. So, I saw no point in driving to Bel Air which was further for me anyway! I got 2 dealers to offer invoice (Nissan West in Ellicott City and Rosenthal in Rockville). Our buying experience was GREAT! We are going back tonight to trade our '98 Civic in on an Altima!

We started dealing with Frederick Nissan, formerly Jenkins, but they refused to match price even thought we told them we WANTED to buy from them. Once we told them we were buying from Rockville if they couldn't match the price, they started with a guilt trip. That put the last nail in their coffin. I would not recommend them!
  • shuedshued Member Posts: 107
    ads for $3,000 off MSRP and 1.9 financial for 3 year deal already.
  • guffguff Member Posts: 2
    I see several deals mentioned here for loaded SE's for reasonable amounts over invoice - seems like $500 is around average.

Why then does Edmunds TMV show actual prices at about 99% of MSRP, or $3000+ over invoice.

What am I missing? Is the TMV calculation not accurate, or are there so few people making good deals that the TMV data washes out the small number of good deals?

Anyone from the Houston area with a positive dealer experience?

Guff
    TMV reflects what the typical buyer is paying.

Town Hall members are so exceptionally well educated in the ins and outs of car buying that they consistently beat the average.

And my tongue is only half in cheek!

Steve, Host
  • guffguff Member Posts: 2
    Well, after posting my message I contacted 4 local dealers via email - and got one offer under invoice, and three for within a few hundred over.

So.....I guess my question was not well considered, and the tongue half in cheek comment is correct - while TMV may show actual pricing, the folks here are beating that down to +/- invoice. Now to get one of the dealers to follow thru on their internet promises - but with 4 to play off each other it should work well.

Thanks.
    Everyones competitive on these vans now. You should have no trouble getting them to stand behind their internet offers. Just don't take any guff (:^)) Sorry...I just couldn't resist.
  • papamoosepapamoose Member Posts: 7
    I am amazed at the amount of info I've gotten from here. I believe I heard earlier that the 1.9% was ending Feb 2? Does anyone have info on waht will be running after that if anything or if that date is correct?

I won't be able to buy until first week in february and I hate to lose the 1.9% by a couple of days....thanks in advance
    Manufacturers tend to be pretty secretive about future incentives. If the Feb. rate was going to be zero, lots of people would stay away from the dealer now.

You might ask the dealer if you can lock in the rate now (with a deposit maybe?) and close after it expires. The lender probably doesn't permit it but it doesn't cost anything to ask.

Steve, Host
    Thanks I'll give it a shot!
    Anyone know how to get around the "document fee" that dealer's like to charge?

With taxes, tags, and (destination and doc) fees they want me to pay $1200...is this reasonable?
    Anyone know where I can find him?

I live in Hampton Roads as well and wanted to know if he found someone to deal with that was reasonable around here.

Anyway to email him?
    Focus on the out the door price and don't focus so much on the line items like the doc fee (it's hard not to focus on the taxes though).

The idea is you don't care what the doc fee is so long as you still write the check for the van for your bottom line price. Let the dealer worry about how to allocate the money you are going to give them.

And there's no way to email another member when their address isn't marked public in their profile. Maybe Ravi will see your post though.

Steve, Host
  • mama10mama10 Member Posts: 10
    having tested many suvs and vans i have narrowed it down between quest and expedition. i am being quoted under invoice for the sl. after reading power door horrors wonder if the s with upgrade pkg. i s a better choice? wonder if certain build dates are better then others i.e. is the prob corrected? any help appreciated.
  • plashenickplashenick Member Posts: 165
    Bought the SL with DVD, SL Seat package and Upgrade, Mats, cargo Cover, splashgaurds and microfilter for 27750. While the price is not the lowest, I did get them to take an Infigiti QX4 with 11 payments left on the lease ($23600) at no cost to me and made them take it as a trade-in, not a seperate deal.

Paid in cash so there was no bank finders fee for them as well. I will say the design is a good one, better then Honda and Toyota we have had quite a few eletrical problems; Sliding door required a rplacment of latch mechanism and the overhead console switches had to be replaced as well as the entire radio. After replacing the radio the unit quit again. We will be "dealing" with Customer Affairs and service again tomorrow. One more radio failure and the car qualifies as a NJ Lemon. Be warned I have read of many cases of door failures (NHTSA and bulletin boards) and this is a serious issue. More important then Radio, wipers and leaking sun roof.

There is a thread running through these boards that these issues should be [almost] accepted with a new line of cars, but that is just consumer ignorance. No car should have major defects like that in any year. Manuf have wind tunnels and cold rooms so they can pout these cars through the same environemntal hazards we all face.