Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest Prices Paid

Comments

• mstanfieldmstanfield Member Posts: 2
    I am so bummed. According to what I've just read in the prior posts, this is NOT the time to be trying to buy a Quest. This goes against everything I have ever heard about buying a car. We have been looking at new and used '08's. I just had a clown try to sell me an S for $33,000, and then get offended when I told him the MSRP was only 27k for that vehicle. I have to say, I'm getting so frustrated. I have seen at least 10+ listings for S models, which are NOT S models, just base. It looks like three months ago I could have bought a brand new base model for 17K, that is what Used ones with 17,000+ miles are going for now. What is going on????? Did I really just miss out and why is Nissan offering LESS incentives now than they did just three months ago. It seems that they would offer more incentives now to clear out all '08 models. Sorry for the rant, frustration speaking.
  • joebertjoebert Member Posts: 22
    The best time to buy an 08 Quest certainly has past (although a few dealerships are definitely still holding on to them). I think that it is a unique minivan, and if you have the means, and you want one (or an 09) than go ahead and buy one. However, if you can wait, wait for their bottom line sales event at the end of the summer.

If you need a van now, check around. Like I've written above, some of the dealerships still have 07s on their lot, and now they will have 08s...it is tough to get rid of them once the manuf incentives are done.
  • JasonWJasonW Member Posts: 8
    Hi all,

Out of necessity (due to growing family, large dog, and the increasing amount of accessorries/stuff we find ourselves needing to travel with), I'm looking into a minivan purchase.

And as I really like the styling and certain features of the Quest, I'm considering the purchase of a 2004 SE model (in the 70,000 to 100,000 KM range). However, having scoured the web and reading many reviews and comparisons, I'm finding myself skeptical about the 04' model particularly.

There seems to be some significant potential problem areas with the 2004-07 models, notably involving the transmission, water leaks, brakes, A/C (not working), and cold-starting issues. Many of which can be pricey to fix.

Also, I've heard the instruments/controls are awkward to use. If so, is it a big deal? Or more of a minor annoyance?

The other thing I've noticed the Quest criticized for is ride quality ...that it is compromised due to interior rattles and noises and being generally quite loud (at least in comparison to the Sienna and Odyssey).

I'm also looking at Sienna's and Odyssey's, which seem to be rated quite a bit better than the Quest (in the 04' model year, but also in general over the years). They are a bit pricier for the same sort of mileage and features, and I'm not nearly as impressed by their styling. That said, reliability is of huge importance to me and I'm willing to sacrifice having a "cooler" minivan like the Quest if the Sienna/Odyssey is superior for reliability and longevity.

Any insight or personal experience anyone can offer for the Quest would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
  • KakkuncarKakkuncar Member Posts: 1
    At the end of 2008, I purchased a 2009 Quest SL with almost fully option loaded was so impressed with a good price. (May be because of 2009 model is the last Quest and the dealer don't want to have many in their inventory?)

The vehicle was MSRP $36,965, including options such as Skyview Package, DVD Entertainment, Leather Package and so almost being SE model) became $31,600 for me ($34,567.29 with Tax, Reg and other fees) after the discount negotiation. Then, Nissan Cash rebate $2,000 was applied also. (Now it's increased at $2,500 cash back, though.)

In addition to the already-good deal, they gave a fabulous trade-in value on my Odyssey 2006 EX with $16,000 (typically $13,000 - $13,500 at several neighborhood dealers and buyers). Although I had never thought about that I could afford such a fully loaded (hereby so expensive) mini-van, I could made it eventually. Isn't it hard to come by a purchasing deal?

Kakkun
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    I own a 2004 Quest S. I'm not sure I would purchase a 2004 Quest used. So many problems the first model year. :sick: I escaped many of these problems except the door rattles which the dealer simply cannot fix. The main reason is mine was considered the base model. I don't have many bells and whistles. I'm not sure I would take a chance when you have the Sienna which has been more reliable available or the Grand Caravan which is surely cheaper. I don't know about the "cool" factor either. It is still a minivan.

Your post had me thinking of a broader question: would I buy a used minivan? If you follow any threads devoted to minivans, you'll see that all minivans have some issues along the way. I would highly recommend having your own personal mechanic check over the vehicle before you purchase it.
  • JasonWJasonW Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the info.

As for the cool factor, I suppose I'm trying to keep somewhat optimistic as I begrudgingly move into this minivan phase of my life ;(
    Minivans aren't bad plus they keep you grounded. I'm not trying to scare you but do your research. Read the other forums. I haven't seen one minivan that did not have issues. Unfortunately the Quest has more issues than most. The Odyssey was the only van I found, at the time, that equaled the driving dynamics of the Quest. The Honda dealerships acted like they had the only minivan on the market and would not deal. The Sienna was new and very limited availability. Thank goodness I didn't buy a Freestar (read their forum).

it's the one time i would recommend buying a extended warranty.
  • Best_ShotBest_Shot Member Posts: 8
    I bought a Nissan Quest SL last August 2008 after finding out that besides from the regular customer cash back for $3,500, some dealerships are giving away additional rebate of around $7,000. I asked around (I from Michigan), and at that time, no dealerships here in MI were giving away that extra rebate. I called Nissan dealerships in Chicago, and found some, but not the trim level I was looking for. Then I found one in Ohio (around 180 miles from home), they exactly have the trim level I want (base SL, and nothing else - I was just after the rear view camera). The MSRP was just above $31,000, and I told them that I was willing to buy it for $22K. After few minutes, they called me and told me they would give it to me for that price - overall OTD pricing was ~ $22,750. They actually gave me the $7000 rebate plus the $3,500 cust cash back. Not bad, eh.
  • JJamiJJami Member Posts: 8
    Hey guys.. I am in CT and was looking to buy a Base or little better model of 2008 Quest.. brand new one.. I went to the dealer and the best they are giving me for the base model is $20,500 OTD.. is this a good deal for base model in New England Area.. or there are better deals out there ? Because I saw many people here getting base models for around $16k OTD in other states... shall I wait or should I try to bargain with them for the lowest price.
    This dealer said they only have one 2008 model left... I dont know if thats true or not.
    It seems like Nissan was running a special back in August to unload all the 2008 Quests. As you can see from the post before yours, it was in the neighborhood of $7000. I don't hink Nissan is doing that anymore.

$20,500 OTD (I'm assuming that is tax,registration, fees and car) seems like a great deal to me.
  • delthekingdeltheking Member Posts: 1,152
    My sincere non biased opinion-- I am both a New `07 Honda Odyssey owner and a used `04 quest owner- I sold the Odyssey with barely 800 miles and I got the `04 Quest for a very good deal[ in a color i like-Gray] after trading in my Ford SUV.
    Frankly, I bought the Quest b`cos I got a great deal.If I could get the Sienna for that price I would have bought it.
    If reliability is a factor -- hands down the Sienna.I had the Sienna for a day from Toyota dealer for 1 day.Toyota has rent a car program-- pay about 100 and rent a sienna for 1 day.
    The Sienna is the most reliable van- it is extremely quiet,great smooth ride and the loaded versions are luxurious.A used one will be a bargain.The Odyssey rides very rough,and the road and wind noises are horrible.And relative to the Sienna it rattles a lot more.At first the steering wheel feels taut and sporty,,but drive it everyday and it hurts.A first test drive with Odyssey is great-- where I made my mistake- but u drive it regularly,it becomes a real chore-- feeling every bump,extremely noisy- it can get very tiring.Drive it on a coarse pavement and it is really terrible.
    The main purpose of a minivan is practicality,comfort and ride,,not sporty handling or rough ride or road noise.This is where the Odysseys fails miserably.And , a used Odyssey is more costly than Sienna.
    The Quest is the 3rd choice without any doubt.Unless u are getting a great deal,stick with the Sienna.I have had my used `04 Quest-SL for about 10 days now .It is just OK- minor rattles etc.I hope the reliability keeps up.Plus its tires are expensive.
    But if u want a very reliable ,safe,affordable ,great comfortable ride plus extra features-- Go with the Sienna.You just can`t go wrong.And as u have indicated- as reliability is a very big factor for u- Your best option is Sienna.Hassle free minivan.
    Hope this helps--my personal opinion.
  • heather22heather22 Member Posts: 1
    Is $21,995 a good deal to buy a Nissan Quest 2009 3.5 basic? It's 0% APR and 0 down payment with $2500 rebate. The total ends up with $24000. Anybody knows the invoice price of this trim? I need to make the decision today. Thank you!
    24k OTD for a quest is not worth it.It has minor rattles,brake problems,electrical problems. etc.
    Plus it depreciates like crazy.Also,I think a totally new redesigned Quest is due this year,so that drives trade in value down horribly.Essentially u would be buying a 04-09 version-- a 5 year old model.
    Get a used-if possible certified Sienna instead--much much infinitely better.U can get 07 Siennas for 14k and 08 siennas for 17-18k.U save a lot plus get a better minivan.

24k for a quest is just not worth it.Check any reviews,read edmunds forums- there will be a lot of buyers remorse later.Do not make a hasty snap decision today.
    Just MHO.
  • abby14abby14 Member Posts: 1
    Don't people buy a Nissan Quest? This forum is so quiet.
    I want to buy S with Powerpackage, but many dealers just trying to cheating me.
    Anybody, please recommend a good dealer in Morris Town, New Jersey . Thanks.
  • rockmobilerockmobile Member Posts: 115
    I have a 99 Quest that has been reasonably good but that model was discontinued. The newer model is larger and seems to have a lot more problems, which is a good reason not to buy another one.
  • mstanfieldmstanfield Member Posts: 2
    I don't know who the Quest Basher was, but I LOVE my Quest. I previously had a Dodge Grand Caravan and the Quest is better all the way around. I checked out the Sienna and it just wasn't for me. I bought my '07Quest used with 24k miles on it. It's an SL, has back up sensors, a DVD player and auto open doors and hatchback. We got it for about 15k. I don't know anything about dealers in New Jersey, I'm in Texas but we got huge HUGE runarounds with at least 10 dealers before finding the perfect Quest for us! One dealer tried selling us an S model for 36k ! USED ! Thank goodness I had done my homework ! Several dealers tried selling me a base model as an S model. Once again research is worth it. I would name off all of the upgrades that an S model had on it and leave them stumbling around, then walk out.

Anyway, the interior of the Quest is the roomiest you will find! The engine is powerful and it gets great gas mileage for a minivan (I average 25mpg on the highway and have gotten up to 26.5). The only negative things I can say is it has a large blindspot (but the sideview mirrors make up for that), has a large turning radius(hello it's a minivan). And the air conditioner compressor went out half way to San Antonio, it was fixed within a day at no cost(still under warranty). So, let no one dissuade you from a Quest... it is the best vehicle for my family ! (three rather large adults and twin boys) I would happily buy another one if the newer models rate with this one.
  • naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    Im in tampa fl, we bought our sl brand new 08 for 21k we bought it a year ago july 2008, only thing added was tax and title we transfered tag.

this is our first van but if you are compairing a sienna its hands down to quest, you cannot get the rear camera and auto door in sienna unless you to to their top of the line. you also get a dual control for audio with an aux for mp3 palyers, we never use the 3rd row and there's a weather tec for quest to include the whole area with 3rd row flipped down, ride is very smooth since it sits very low to the ground, we used to have a murano and this is almost as smooth. the only thing i wished it had was the smooth transmission of the murano.

hope this helps
  • imariquinnimariquinn Member Posts: 96
    I am just checking in because I saw a question about the Quests. I bought my 2008 S in Sarasota, FL with seat package and power package: dual doors, back up sensors, etc., exactly one year ago (August) when Nissan was giving away their vans, SUVs and trucks. I just hit 10000 miles on my van last week. I have had no problems with the van except for a loose wire in my dash, steering wheel area that was making a clanging noise and that was promptly fixed and was probably caused by my DVD installation by Circuit City. I recommend the vehicle. It is roomy, I love the automatic rear hatch. The sound system is great the chairs are comfortable. I love the van! It is sexy. I paid $17100 new and I am so happy that I did not buy the Odyssey for double the price. If you can find one, get it. The gas mileage is not as good as my 2006 Odyssey but it is not terrible either, about 22-23 MPG all local non-highway driving. It goes up to about 27 MPG on the highway trips.
    I have a used 04 Nissan Quest and the reason I bought it was b`cos I got a really good deal.A new Quest is not worth it in my opinion especially compared to the Odyssey or Sienna.Check out CR for the reliability ratings.
    Once Quests start hitting 30k miles -all problems start..Rotors warp easily,brakes are horrible,numerous electrical and hardware problems and there is a steering wheel shake that is present in a lot of models..Also there are numerous squeaks and rattles--it feels like u are driving a van with 125k miles and not 25k miles.The quality of materials is subpar with lots of cheap plastic and fit and finish is poor. Again CR reflects all these ratings.
    Folks can check Edmunds forums for the 04+ Quest problems before planning to buy one..Nissan CEO himself accepted that Quest have lots of quality issues.
    And these depreciate horribly..So a used can be a great bargain.
    But there are much much better choices out there.
    Just MHO.
  • dsmguydsmguy Member Posts: 23
    I'm looking at a fully loaded 2008 Quest SE (4500 miles)-DVD/Nav/. Pretty much has everything on it. Including the run flat tires which I don't like. It was purchased at a nissan fleet auction.

Dealer is asking 31,900 but did come down to 30,100. When I told the dealer that it was too high considering they probably bought it around 25000 from the auction. I said that I was ok with them making a profit, it was how much of a profit that was in question. Basically asked how much over the auction price of 25000 where they willing to sell it for?

The sales guy said that no way did they buy it at 25000 and that the 30,100 was a "pretty firm" number. Again, he was haggling. But looking at the edmunds tmv pricing, trade in is 23,200 and retail is 28,700. I should be able to get somewhere inbetween at 26000? Especially in this market climate, right? But they didn't budge at all so I walked out.

Is there something I'm missing on this deal? I mean, 30100 seems to be a lot. What would have been a good offer?? Any advise would help. thanks in advance.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If you don't need the nav/dvd [you don't] you can buy a brand new honda odyssey exl for a few grand more. There is no way you should even touch that nissan. It is a huge rip. avg deal on a 2010 exl is 31600. Check edmunds--truecar and others. Went to overstock.com and got a local guaranteed price of 31210 for a 2010. Get busy.
  • dsmguydsmguy Member Posts: 23
    Jayrider - thanks for the reply. I figured it was way too high of an asking price. I was just shocked they allowed me to walk out of the showroom. Especially when I look around and see all the sales guys sitting around with no customers. It's after 5pm when most people are doing their car shopping...at that's my assumption.

Definitely wouldn't buy it for 30,100 but might reconsider if the offer was more around the 25-26K range.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Brand new ex for 28k -- lx for 25k. They won't come down on the nissan -- have too much in it. The vw routan sel -- leather etc -- 10k off msrp. Free maintenence for 3 years.
    Dsmguy, See my post 687. the Nissan Quest has horrible reliability with pathetic resale value. Infact it was the worst vehicle in 2004 as per CR. As a current 04 Quest owner,my advice to you would be to buy a Sienna or Odyssey.Sienna-plush,comfy quiet ride.Odyssey-firm taut ride, road noise,more of a driver`s vehicle with good agility.
    But never buy the Quest .Especially for 25k plus. Most horrible vehicle with a plethora of problems like-brakes,rattles,electrical,A/C,vibrations,shimmys. :sick: You name it, you have it. Worst vehicle choice. Much better options out there. :)
  • pmannymoepmannymoe Member Posts: 24
    I am considering a 2009 SL with DVD, leather, and seat package. I am trying to find the money factor and/or deprec rate on a 39 month lease with 15k miles/yr. I have been quoted $639 (including tax) a month with $1200 down. Can anyone tell me if they think this is a good or a bad deal. There aren't many of these cars in my area.

Would like to take advantage of potential year end deals and the slow season for them. Thanks so much for any help.
  • naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    not sure if this will help but here you go

I bought a Quest last year July 2008 for a 2008 SL no leather and no DVD but with a seat package price is 21k

i think they have a huge mark ups o these vans they were selling 5 of the same load in the dealership when i bought it and its not a manager used vehicle

location St Petersburg FL
    that does not seem like a good deal to me for a lease. Basically you are paying $24,921 to RENT a minivan for 3+ years. Honestly, you can pay a bit more and OWN a Grand Caravan/Town & Country or Kia Sedona/Hyundai Entourage.

I would shop some of the other minivans and compare owning versus leasing. If you still want to lease, I bet you can find better deals.
  • snooks2snooks2 Member Posts: 2
    Im not sure if you ended up buying that quest or if you are waiting a bit to maybe find a cheaper one. just in case....i have a 2007 nissan quest and i have had problem after problem with it! my transmission started slipping in oct 2007 (i bought it in april of 2007). nissan gave me the run around and would never fix the transmission and even wrote it off as a bad motor mount and supposedly replaced the motor mount! i kept taking it back to nissan time and time again and they never would fix it. now as i sit here in april of 2010, i am now replacing a transmission ($3500 worth) out of my own pocket. nissan said they just have a sensitive transmission. "sensitive" or not i should not have to be replacing my transmission on a van barely 3 years old and way less than a 100,000 miles on it. then to top it off, my mechanic who is fixing my transmission, calls my husband and says my motor mount is cracked and i have a bad bearing. we call nissan and they said they never replaced my motor mount (which they were supposed to) and they said they replaced my alternator. THEY DIDNT REPLACE MY ALTERNATOR---NOTHING WAS EVER WRONG WITH MY ALTERNATOR AND THEY CLAIM THEY HAVE NO RECORDS OF REPLACING MY MOTOR MOUNT!! it brings me to tears thinking that i have spent 30,000 on a van that is the biggest piece of crap and the company who made it doesnt stand behind their product!! the day i get rid of it will be the happiest day of my life!! my 1st nissan and this will without a doubt be my very very very last!!
  • torqholictorqholic Member Posts: 3
    What, no one buys quirky kleenex box looking cars anymore? :)
    Time to revive this 2 year old thread!

Chicagoland dealers are offering pretty aggressive prices on leftover 2011's. I picked up a new 2011 LE with moonroof, roof rails, splash guards, and mats for $34,400+TTL. This price included current $3050 cash back. Going by truecar, it is ~$2500 less of dealer cost(or $5500 below target/factory invoice). It seems to be a great deal and a looooot of car for the price.

Short Review:
    I was cross-shopping Ody EX-L Navi(no RES) and Sienna XLE Navi(no RES). Best price I got on both were around $33.5k+TTL. To me, spending extra cash on HID, smartkey(honda), and blindspot warning alone was worth the price difference(but it offers more! such as DVD RES and second moonroof!!). Top-of-the-line model offerings from Honda/Toyota has more/similar features as the Quest LE, but it was too expensive for me($40k+). The interior is by far the best feeling and looking out of the 3 imo. I admit I HATED the exterior of the Quest from pictures, but the car looks good in person. Even if you don't like the box look, at least you don't have to look at it while you are driving. Plus, you won't look like 90% of minivan drivers on the road. ;) Quest ride was comfy and quiet. Handling was bit on the soft side, but it wasn't boaty(?). I didn't buy a minivan for handling so this was no issue. As for cargo space, I prefer the always available trunk well versus the take out everything before lowering the 3rd row. If you count the well space, there isn't much difference in cargo space between all 3. All in all, this car was perfect for me and my family. Pricing certainly helped making my decision. For those that are in the market for a minivan should definitely go test drive one.
  • mhu89mhu89 Member Posts: 1
    Which Chicagoland dealer did you buy your 2011 from? Thanks.
  • torqholictorqholic Member Posts: 3
    It was M'Lady Nissan. I took their 2011 LE. I searched all dealer stock and contacted ones with LE's. Most were quoting $35~$36k for LE with no sunroof. I am sure you can negotiate better price from there. If you are serious about buying from M'Lady, I have some tips and what to avoid when you go in the showroom.
  • moodawgmoodawg Member Posts: 2
    Nissan has some good deals going on now. I'm looking to buy a 2012 Nissan Quest LE with moon roof (MSRP $44525). Anyone have a good price target I can ask for? Hoping for $37-38k + TT&L + 0.9% 60 months, but not sure if that's reasonable.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who owns a minivan or considered purchasing a minivan, but opted for a crossover or SUV. If you own a minivan or considered purchasing one, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email [email protected] no later than 10 a.m. Pacific /1 p.m. Eastern Thursday, April 12, 2012 with your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• victord1victord1 Member Posts: 94
    I was in a similar situation a few months ago. But, I wanted an AWD van, so I was limited to the sienna.

If I was looking for an FWD van, the quest would have been my pick due to its quiet/complience ride and cargo arrangement.

Enjoy your van
  • greekpolisgreekpolis Member Posts: 2
    i am in the Chicagoland area and have been looking for a demo/used LE. but seems i may be better off with new. I would love to get tips and insight into your buying experience.

thanks in advance
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns the latest model Nissan Quest or Honda Odyssey, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email [email protected] no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.
  • ryankbbryankbb Member Posts: 2
    In Florida, the lowest prices I was able to negotiate for Quest SV with leather was $29,985 out the door. I don't think you can get lower than this. I had leverage from another dealer's offer. I was offered the Quest SL for $32,640 out the door, but I think this could be negotiated down closer to $32,000.
  • ds1688ds1688 Member Posts: 1
    Best price I received from a dealer in CA on a LE with dual sunroof package is $36,000 before tax and lic., which means it's around $39,XXX out the door. Still think it's a bit high, any thoughts?
  • PowerFXPowerFX Member Posts: 8
    Hi ds1688,

Is that the price for 2012 or 2013 LE? If it is for 2012, you can still knock down at least another $1K off in my opinion as my local dealer is selling it for around that price without any negotiation.

I am in the market for a 2013 LE with dual moonroofs. Anyone can share their price paid for this trim?

Thanks!!!!
  • xadionxadion Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    Dealer had on their site 9600 off MSRP about, but that was "January" and I was there Feb 1st and it was only 8600 off now... made "some" of that up in my trade to make the deal... Ended with 27.7k OTD for a 2012 Nissan Quest SL with DVD system, illuminated door stills, cargo net, whole back cargo protector thing, roof rail cross bars, rear cargo rubber cover thing... I purchased the stupid "paint protection" thing as it is platnium graphite- as was my Murano and that paint color shows ANY lovebug mark easy- if I didnt clean them the day of there would be minor pitting- and I had 2 really bad spots on the hood of my Murano from damn bugs that drove me nuts so yes.. I bought the stupid thing, and GAP...although I should have been fine with the deal I got- but better safe than sorry and also extended factory B2B full for 72mo/100k because its my main fam van and the sucker needs to last- I belive it was 30k OTD at the end of the day- paying less than I did on my Murano (although years start over) also decent APR from Nissan, fiance guy cut about 1% to get me to buy the "extras" - so I bet Nissan adds 1-1.5 or even 2 "points" on to start so if your financeing dont forget to haggel the APR down some.

Few days review : Love the quest, drives as solid as the Murano and the new gen CVT is even better! - only gripe is no audio streaming via bluetooth (LE only) and where my leg rests on the center console is not "soft" yet it is on the passanger side? lol? Other than that, best Van ever :-)
  • truefantruefan Member Posts: 5
    Hi xadion, Could you let me know the breakdown of the OTD price as you had mentioned that you had traded in, so not clear on what the price for the trade in is. Also if you could share the dealer name and the sales person you dealt with.
    Internet Sales team (Ted and Hamid are the two people I have delt with at the dealer) @ jenkins nissan lakeland FL

Currently they are showing ~9k off their last 2012 SV and 11k off their last LE

http://www.jenkinsnissan.com/new/Nissan/2012-Nissan-Quest-9fcad3570a0a00de01879b- 9481f4be87.htm

the "MSRP" was about 27k as my trade mostly took care of the taxes etc etc.

Hope this helps people looking to get into what I feel is the best van choice out there- I looked at all the others (Honda, VW, Toyota, and Dodge) and even 3rd row SUVs... for the price a Van just gives you so much more in everything for less green! even better MPGs!
  • shenanigansshenanigans Member Posts: 9
    That sounds like a great deal do you know what the MSRP was by chance. Thanks.
  • shenanigansshenanigans Member Posts: 9
    Just purchased our 2012 Quest LE this weekend. Feel like I got a good deal. The MSRP was $43,385 and we got it for $32,988 after rebates/incentives. We got an APR of 2.99% for 72 months. They told us that this was $3000 below their invoice that they paid and then we got the $4000 rebates/incentives from Nissan directly. If anyone has any questions let me know. Had a pretty good experience at the dealership. Thanks for everyone's help.
    The sticker was about 35k - it is a SL with DVD - that dealer is showing still about 11-12k off their LE for about 33/32k as stated in the poster above- again a great deal on a great van. I would have done the LE if my wife was working sooner than later (maternity leave) but the SL does not leave me wanting...but the LEs perks are really nice, Nav, BT audio...and yes...those stupid sun shades in the back that are LE ONLY (c'mon nissan!) are a nice touch of "This van truely has EVERYTHING"

I will try and find my bill of sale to give a complete rundown if wanted.
  • nxphamnxpham Member Posts: 13
    Anyone purchase a Quest recently? Is $36600 a good price for an LE with the following packages:
    [B93] SPLASH GUARDS (2-PIECE)
    [B94] ROOF RACK CROSS BARS
    [J02] DUAL PANEL MOONROOF
    [L92] CARPETED FLOOR MATS FOR 1ST 2ND 3RD ROWS
    [M93] CARGO NET
    btw, that's for a 2013.
    Purchased the vehicle tonight. I had a trade-in and was able to get an additional $1500 over KBB trade-in value for it. The Quest ended up being $38446.61 OTD (after factoring in the value of the trade-in). Here are the details:

Quest: 36617
    Taxes & Fees: 1829.61
    OTD: 38446.61

Also found out the Nissan had the vehicle at the recent Dallas Auto Show (March 13-17). Then they sold it to the dealership at a discount, and the dealership decided to pass some of the savings on to the customer. I guess I lucked out b/c the vehicle had no signs of any wear, and it only had 5 miles on the odometer!
  • karenq1karenq1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I got confused by your msg. What did you mean by "after factoring the value of the trade in)? Was the $36,600 the sales price which you then subtracted your trade in value? Thanks!
    My OTD price was $25829.61. What I meant was if I added back in what they gave me for my trade-in, it would be equivalent to $38446.61. That will give you a better idea of what the "true" OTD price was.

The selling price for the 2013 LE I purchased was $36617.

I tried to get them to sell me a different LE (white color) for the same price, but they would not budge. They stated that the discount only applied to that specific car. I had to sign a Nissan VPP form that gave me the military discount of $150. The form showed the dealer invoice as $38868, which is $2780 less than the invoice of $41648 for a "non-discounted" car. So it looks like the dealership purchased that specific car for $2780 less than they normally would any other Quest LE.

Therefore, I think the absolute highest you should pay for a Quest LE with the same options as the one I purchased with the current incentives ($2K off) is $36617+$2780+$150 = $39547. You should be able to work it down under $39000.

If you take away the options I had ($1764 invoice), the price should be no more than $37783.