Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Element Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• trout2trout2 Member Posts: 13
    ^ Is that with AWD or without?

If it IS with AWD, that is $285 BELOW invoice, and not a bad price.

I paid $20,140 in NC for a 06 EXP Manual AWD.
  • bigfurbigfur Member Posts: 649
    Sorry yeah that is with AWD. Problem is there are NONE in the state of minnesota i have seen yet.
    Feb. 2006 Internet Price Quote:
    2006 Honda Element 4WD EX-P 5-Speed Manual Trans: $20,440.00 including $550.00 destination fee.

Feb. 2006 Total "Out the Door" figure:
    $20,440.00 Vehicle price including destination
    57.00 DOC Fee
    1,332.31 Sales Tax @ 6.5%
    143.00 New License plates or $80.00 plate transfer
    + 7.50 Joliet Vehicle Tax
    $21,979.81
  • 4runnerrip4runnerrip Member Posts: 24
    EX, AWD, 5-spd with roof rack & rear air deflector: 21,270$ (upper NYS, not incl: additional cost: 67.50$ state inspection & paperwork)
  • epetersonepeterson Member Posts: 3
    I bought an stock/standard Element XP, AWD w/ auto, 2/19/06, from Autowest in Fremont, Ca for $20,777--which was $200 & almost $500 lower than 2 other dealers bids--this was an internet sale--showroom/retail sales are higher.

Sales price excluded all licensing fees & taxes.

MSRP: 22,325 + $550 freight or $22,875
  • elementmanelementman Member Posts: 11
    I recently took a trip north towing a trailer and quad. The trailer itself is heavy duty, weighing close to 1000# empty! Add the 400# quad and a ton of camping gear in the back of the Element, and I was at or over capacity. While I certainly felt "heavy", and the car needed to downshift most of the way up the hill (10 miles of 6%+ grade), the car did OK. My last vehicle was a Ford Explorer. There is a big difference in towing capacity and handling. I would zoom up the hill in the Exp. But I would also suck gas at 14 MPG and pay $10,000 more for the SUV. I like the Element, and for as often as I will be camping with big loads, it will serve my purposes well. It is fun to drive and economical. By the way, once at the campsite, the car came into its "element". Seats down, doors open, skylite off. I think I'll buy one of those tent extensions. One note of caution!! While it didn't happen to us while camping, a few weeks later I had the doors open and radio playing (XM is great) and after an hour or so the battery was too dead to start the car. I went the next day and bought a jumper unit from Costco - $49.99. A MUST if you are going to be in far away places. The radio is too tempting to listen to all the time.
  • intheboxinthebox Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted $300 below invoice for a 2006 Element LX AWD (Kiwi metallic) which came to 18,660 (incl Destination) + TTL. I am in Houston TX.

Is this a good price :confuse: ?

Can you guys post some of the prices you got on a LX AWD?

• valleydrivervalleydriver Member Posts: 5
    i bought a 2005 honda here in LA over the internet. (the place where i went to test-drive it were less than helpful.) i emailed all the local honda dealers. got a few responses. and the dealer i bought from was willing to tell me how much it would cost me; (i'm leasing it). learned this from my wife who's bought/leased two cars this way. great car. love to drive it. (don't have the towing package.)

good luck!
  • howardwisehowardwise Member Posts: 1
    What have peopel paid fro teh 6 yr/120,000 extended warranty? Any tricks to this?
  • uncuthunkuncuthunk Member Posts: 1
    Bought a Black 2006 Honda Element EXP AT 2WD for $19575 including dest fee. this is in california where they are selling pretty well. i suggest going through internet or fleet sales and seek outside financing to avoid the salepeople as much as possible. :) i bought mine from an area in L.A where the element isnt selling as well....(non beach community)
  • ashburyashbury Member Posts: 9
    I was wondering if the $20,777 cost included destination

thanks
  • mt25mt25 Member Posts: 1
    Used advice found on www.carbuyingtips.com (and other sites) and gave my dealer a written offer to buy a Metallic Orange 2006 Element EX-P AWD Automatic (no options) for 20,540.00 + $550 destination. Total price: $21,090.00 before tax, license, etc. The salesman didn't blink (couldn't see him anyway- he was on the phone) and accepted the offer w/o haggling. So... my first thought was: "O.K., what did I miss? Some secret incentive or double holdback plan or something???" (It always sucks to start second guessing one's self.)

By my calculation (barring some secret built-in profit that I missed), I gave them a 3% profit of $598.25 with the salesman getting about a $50 commission.

Someone ease my mind or hit me with the truth: How'd I do??
  • mb789mb789 Member Posts: 89
    Hello.

That is pretty close to an internet price quote I received from a Honda dealer in Dayton, OH. I was looking for an Element EX-P AWD, automatic, and he provided a quote of $21,065, so very similar. Don't know if there is more wiggle room here, because I am going back and forth between wanting an Element or a Forester, so I haven't pursued the Element further.

Hope you enjoy yours!

Does anyone know when the 2007 Elements will come out -- and if they will have either curtain or head protecting side airbags -- this is the primary issue that is preventing me from choosing the Element over the Forester.

Thanks
  • sssquakesssquake Member Posts: 8
    In Northern California, I got several quotes and they are going for invoice (like, 19900 withno options)including destination charges for 06 EX-P manual AWD. For $21065 for an automatic, they added the 550 destination to the invoice, so I bet if you offer at invoice (like 20500), you will get the car. I try bargaining with the options I wanted and no Honda dealer will do that consider the price they quoted me. Anyways, I am waiting for this Memorial day for better financing like, 1.9%. Maybe they will have a promotion or something. Than, I will certainly pick one up. I love this car!
  • rsb1rsb1 Member Posts: 4
    As you said about 1.9% loan coming up in May, what makes you say so ?
    One of the Honda dealer near my area already had 0% and 1.9% long term financing for all 06s models a month ago. I have a hunch that they will repeat this during Memorial day weekend. I also went to another dealership after the promotion 2 weeks later and told them about match the rates that was advertised and they did base on your credit score of course. They first told give me 3.9% bs, and later I show them the newspaper and they check my credit and say okay. But I never got the car because I couldn't get the options I wanted for the price I wanted.
  • ces064ces064 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Fresno, CA. A dealer just gave me a quote for 20,875 for a EX-P AWD automatic. This includes destination fee. Is this a good overall deal? I am going to buy it in Kiwi Green and I think this car is really unique and meets my needs but I just wanted some feedback.

• rsb1rsb1 Member Posts: 4
    Gee... it seems that it is a local promation. I live in Chicago area and they offer 3.8% until May 1st but I rather have 0% or 1.9%. I do not know if any dealer will tell me in advance that 0% or 1.9% will be offered soon. I guess Ill ask around.
  • kevhollywoodkevhollywood Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know the Element's buy-rate money factor and residual value on a 36 month least at 12K miles/year? What kind of lease prices are people getting?
    I think 20,875 is a pretty good deal consider the invoice for awd ex-p auto is around 20,600 excluding destination. Maybe to close the deal tell them to throw in the capets or something...;-)
  • ces064ces064 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the feedback. I went out and bought the car and could not be happier. I love it in Kiwi Green. I thought it was an overall good deal. Andy by the way I asked and they gave me the mats and wheel locks. Not too bad! :shades:
  • greg_nygreg_ny Member Posts: 8
    :):) Dealer always wins ! Just like in Las Vegas.
    If they lower the price of the car , they will still get you on the loan by adding few % to the rate given by the lender, extra warranty, lojack etc. - all those overpriced items make extra $$$ for the dealer.
    Very good example of such practices is www.carsdirect.com
    First question they will ak is ......"how much do you want to may per month"
    They agree to one price & APR so you will give them deposit over the phone on your credit card etc. and 10 minutes later they will call you with some BS story that you do not qualify for previously given rate for some reason.....
    And if you question their practices F&I "manager" or even a sales rep will hang up the phone. (happened to me yesterday)
    90% of car sales people are BAD and not well educated, but they love to talk and will say anything you like as long as they can sell you that car.
    I was a car salesman for a while, did not make much money since I do not like to cheat unwary customers.

Before anyone buys a car you will need to do their homework!

Here is a good link for car buyers http://www.carbuyingtips.com/scams.htm

To see how the car business looks from inside you can read about all those sales managers with fake Rolexes @ http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html :)
  • mattniles007mattniles007 Member Posts: 4
    I am also in Northern California, I recieved two quotes for 2006. One for an EX-P 4WD for 20,477. The second was for a EX 2WD for 19,552. Does anyone have any advice is this a good buy? I think it is but would like any opinions here.
  • kevhollywoodkevhollywood Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a EX=P 4WD for $20,477 (including destination charge) on Wednesday. I'm in Los Angeles. So obviously I think you're getting a good deal.
    Hi,

For EX-P 4wd Automatic for $20477 sounds like a great deal! Just make sure they don't get you on the financing if you are borrowing from them. If you have excellent credit try negoiating it down. :)
    Hi, I ended up going with the 2006 EX 4WD Auto for 19966. I couldnt justify the extra 500 for colored panels but thats just me. I closed the deal today and I am driving it. I think I made a good deal.
    Greeley sounds familiar. If you are anywhere near Beale or Roseville CA I suggest Honda Roseville I had a pleasant experience and got a decent deal. I hate it when a dealer is dishonest.
  • pleiadespleiades Member Posts: 38
    I'm starting think that the Element is the car I want, started shopping used small SUVs but the Element is so low...
    is the 2005 a good car if I find a new one? All the information I find is on the current year... Or would it be worth waiting for the 2007s to come out and shop 2006s?
    Might there be significant savings?
  • mickjazzmickjazz Member Posts: 21
    hi

can you give us the name of the dealer ??

thx

mjh
  • minpminp Member Posts: 1
    I was offered $20800 for EX-P 2WD after destination charge
    from Honda of Bellevue in Washington State. It comes with
    the music-link option. Seems like everyone in here is
    getting EX-P 4WD at that price. Am I getting ripped off?
    This was my first new car buying experience. I haven't
    signed anything yet, except letting them hold a $2000
    check for downpayment. I should be at the dealer
    tomorrow night to close the deal. Please, give me few advice.
    Hi,

Yes you are being ripped off! $20800 is almost MSRP. They are selling at invoice including destination charges. For a 2wd exp automatic is like $19400 so just add $200 for the ipod link and you are looking at $19600 plus tax & license. Get your deposit back and walk. Deal strictly with internet manager/fleet manager to get a better price. G.Luck.
  • lukus99lukus99 Member Posts: 5
    Hi ,

How's this for a deal: I am being quoted 16700 for a LX 2WD AT here in California.

How come no one wants an LX?:)
    Got a quote for a 2006 EX-P AWD with a 5-speed for $19,790
  • cwalticwalti Member Posts: 185
    I have been offered a new 2005 Element EX 4WD automatic for $18,200.-- incl. dest. charge, here in SoCal... I feel like jumping at it but mama doesn't like the idea much...

longing for an Element ........ :-I
    I'm looking at the LX, manual trans.....the EX has some things I'm just not interested in at the price..where are you buying? I'm in LA and I'd been hoping to say under 18,000.
    How much does the tax and all the other things that add on to the price come to?
    Tax, lic. and fees add to almost exactly 10% of the bare price. With a quote of $18,000.-- you will drive off for just under $19,800.--.
    Personnally I do not think of the LX as a good value considering how much more one gets for the relatively modest price differential. chris.
    Pleiades, I'm buying in nocal. It seems like they might be giving better proces on LXs because a lot of people are going for EX-P (Personally, I don't like the colored panels).

cwalti, you're now making think I should go EX:)

Anyone else wanna chime in?
    You say nothing about 4WD or FWD, so I assume that is unimportant but why a manual trans? I would agree that a Civic Si would be a lot of fun to stir up the gear oil manually, but an Element?
    Back to EX vs. LX...
    The EX has all 4 seats in the high grade fabric, the sound system 270W with Kelton bass and 6 CD changer is plenty for all but the most fussy customers, the alloy wheels look much better then the full covers,

16" alloy wheels
    • Front side airbags w/ passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
    • Remote entry system
    • Metallic blue or solid black composite body panels on select EX models
    • Map lights
    • Overhead storage compartment
    • Passenger-side seatback pocket
    • Driver-side (front and rear) seatback bungees
    • Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
    • MP3/auxiliary input jack
    • 270-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with MP3/Windows Media™ Audio (WMA) playback capability and 7 speakers including a 6.5" patented DLP (Dynamic Linear Phase) subwoofer
    • XM® Satellite Radio†
    • Waterproof FXC™ fabric on front and rear seats
    • Driver- and passenger-side armrests
    • Steering wheel-mounted audio control

...all this for less than $1900.--

Again your needs may be unique...

I bought a '91 Accord LX new, still have it but whished I had opted up for the EX, especially since I do keep cars for a long time... I plan on keeping this Accord for another 10 years... :-)

chris...
  • mickjazzmickjazz Member Posts: 21
    Hi

Anyone heard rumors of upcoming low interest financing, like the 1.9/60 of last april?

just wanted to wait a bit if it might be around the corner.

thx

mick
    If you are in ncal you just miss it. It was on last weeks paper. Winter Honda in Antioch/Pittsburgh and Honda of Oakland both had long term 0% APR. I believe max borrow is $15000 with credit score above 715 for 48 months. GREAT deals. Don't worry it will come back again on Memorial Day...
    darn, just missed it. ca't really wait till memorial day..oh well, i guess i'll have to pay in full (i hate writing big checks)
    Does using Cost co or AAA buyer assistance really help?
    Can their "fleet" prices really be better than shopping around?
    what about waiting until the new models are due?
    How low will car dealers go on a slow day?
  • monty_hallmonty_hall Member Posts: 2
    I picked up mine yesterday. 4WD EX auto trans: $19,562.00 + tax and registration.

That price is invoice minus dealer holdback minus $500 dealer cash from Honda passed on to me, in other words it's net cost to dealer. It is an advertised internet special on Herb Chambers of Boston website, and another dealer verified that $19,562 is net dealer cost on that model, including the $500 dealer cash that goes 'til the end of May. I also picked up the 8 yr 120k mi warranty for $1074.

Honda also has low financing for the Element until end of May, I financed for 4.9% 60 months. 3.9% / 36 mo is also available.

What a deal!
  • monty_hallmonty_hall Member Posts: 2
    Oops..forgot to mention, the $1074 is HondaCare 8yr/120k mile, not some private warranty garbage...
  • dombrodombro Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2006 EX-P AWD manual transmission and just wondering what others are getting for monthly rates on a 3 year 12K mile?
    Hmmm....talked me into it......Ok, forget replacing the patio door for a year or so...live in Ca anyway, little rain. I'm really not interested in the music features (though the six cd sounds handy). K-mozart kinda' a woman...few long road trips.
    Manual trans because I've been shifing all my life and I don't mind, saves money and I really think a four cyl. performs better (maybe because my last automatic was owned 30 years ago). Best quote so far (internet) $18,200. Everything (think that was for EX, man, 2wd)
    Yes the dealer is Autowest in Roseville CA.
  • now1now1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy 2W EX auto in NC.
    If I pay between 19000-19500 including dest. charge, would it be a reasonable deal?

by the way, what's different with LX, EX, EX-P?
    Actually the EX does not have 6 disc changer. It does have XM though. I was in the same situation as you thinking baout the LX but splurged for the EX. I drive my cars to the ground so I'm want to enjoy the "little" luxuries. Ended up paying about 18400 for EXD, 2WD , AT here in Norcal. It was about 20300 OTD.

Good luck!
    'Fur Elise' and 'Ride of the Valkyre' sounds a heck of a lot better on a 270W system of the EX then on the generic LX system. If you like classic music and appreciate crisp and clear sound this should be a plus in itself. As for MT vs AT, I think it would be worthwhile condsidering the AT for this vehicle. I grew up in Switzerland where 99.99% of all cars are sticks. Automatics have come a long way, and if you research the Honda.com site you will see that the automatic gets 2 mpg more on the fwy then the manual shifter. To scoot through SoCal traffic I wouldn't even consider anything but an AT... If you are a bit savy I think it should be possible to drive a 4WD EXP Element off the lot for close to $20,000.-- in L.A. county...
This discussion has been closed.