Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid

Comments

• rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    On the web site - I see an extended maintenance program \ upgrade - for $1,395.
    Just to be clear:
    A MINI extended warranty starts at over $2,000...
    2022 X3 M40i
  • cj425cj425 Member Posts: 5
    hello.

I am in northern NJ and recently got a quote for both the Cooper base and the Cooper S models from a dealer who's a "friend" of my father. Although I try not to be overly pessimistic, I am also not dumb and didn't assume that this person would just give me a good deal. I figured out how much the lease should cost for both options and it looks like both lease quotes are over by $35-38/month. Unless I've done the calculations wrong that is. I'm not a math wizard but perhaps there are costs that I didn't include? other than dealer profit ;) I wanted no money down other than first months payment & fees.

Here's the details:
    Lease term is 36 months. Cars are automatic, have the premium package, bluetooth/ipod usb add on, and the cooper base was estimated with the spice orange color that adds $500

Cooper S
    MSRP: 27450
    Residual: .64
    Invoice: 26500
    Money factor: .00185
    NJ Tax: 7%

My estimated monthly payment= $352.71 Dealer offer= $389.44

Cooper
    MSRP: 23600
    Residual: .67
    Invoice: 22900
    Money factor: .00185
    NJ Tax: 7%

My estimated monthly payment= $287.31 Dealer offer= $321.55

Am i doing the calculations wrong or do i need to do some more negotiating?
    Are these pretty much the standard rates for a lease on a mini these days? For some reason I thought they would be lower.

thanks so much for any feedback!!!!!
    ~cj
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    edited November 2010
    We need to know what your price is for each car.
    Also, if doing $0 down, what about DMV and dealer fees?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

if by price you mean what they offered off the MSRP, then it is the invoice that I listed. He said it was only $500 above invoice...so maybe I mislabeled "invoice" and that is the price the dealer offered for each car. With regard to the DMV & dealer fees, I said I was able to put $1000 towards the first months payment & fees. Since the $1000 didn't change the price of the car, I figured that it just covered the first payment (~$350 ish) and the other $650 covered the fees for DMV & dealer. The doc fees are listed at $389. Should i have been told exactly how much the fees and DMV costs will be?
    Yes. If you want to calculate your own payment, you need to know ALL the details. That is a very high doc fee, by the way. And I don't know if the remaining $611 would cover everything. Could be an acquisition fee, cleanup fee, bank fee, lunar eclipse fee, etc.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

haha ok. i will look out for the lunar eclipse fee. that's pretty funny. I'm going to call & will update with the details.

and thanks so much for helping me out with this!
    ok. so the up front fees are as follows:

bank acquisition: $925
    Registration & Title: $227
    Tire Tax (thanks gov. mcgreevy): $7.50
    Electronic Filing charge: $6
    First Months pymt: $322
    Doc fees: $389

Totaling: $1876

With the $1000 i wanted to put up front that left about $900 ($25/month) in fees that were worked into my monthly payment. So, on my end, the payment i came up with ($287) plus the extra $25/month for the rest of the fees would bring the monthly payment to $312. which is still about $10 less a month than the dealer quote.

and when i just spoke with them it turns out that the quote was mistakenly for a car that was manual, not automatic. manual transmission would add $1250 to the price of the car. Am i unrealistic to think that I can get a lease price around $300? You had said the doc fee was high, are all of these fees & the rates I've been given inflated as well?
    Well, I can say that I've never seen a bank fee that high, either. About double what it normally is. Although I can't say I've ever shopped MINI bank fees, so I don't know if this is normal. Would be nice if someone else chimed in on it.

edited November 2010
    I was trying to check your selling price... but I can't get the numbers to work for me. Is this an '11 or '10 model? I tried '11, but with Premium, Bluetooth/USB/ipod, and metallic paint, I get $22,850 manual trans or $24,100 auto trans. So I don't know where the $23,600 comes from.

On the $24,100 car, the invoice is $21,760. That's about a $2500 spread. The selling price you listed under "invoice" is only $700 off MSRP. Certainly WAY more than the "$500 over invoice" deal he was supposedly giving you.

So much of this is fishy. I would try another dealer if I were you.

when i spoke with the dealer again he said if I wanted automatic (which I thought was clear when i was at the dealership & we initially priced the cars) that it would bring it to $24,100.

you are right though, that there are quite a few things here that are not adding up properly. I am going to call a different dealer to get another quote.

thanks again for your help :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    The base bank fee is $725.. the dealer is marking it up the maximum allowed $200..

I don't know the base MF, but I'd guess they are marking that up, too..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• plugin5seaterplugin5seater Member Posts: 3
    The team at Seattle Mini agreed to a price and requested a deposit on a Wednesday. We arranged a pickup on Monday (to allow time for them to move the car from Northwest Mini to Seattle Mini). Seattle Mini then called late Saturday night to instruct that they could no longer honor the price. I am using this to issue a strong avoidance of the Northwest and Seattle Mini. I understand there are situations which complicated a transaction and if you agree to a price and ask for a deposit it is the dealers responsibility to come through. Sadly, both Northwest Mini and Seattle Mini are owned by the same man. I am hoping that I am able to post a future message stating that they came through, but I have little confidence that they will honor their word.
  • richar20richar20 Member Posts: 3
    I had a similarly bad experience at a Honda dealership in Burien. I put a $500 deposit down on a Civic Si, agreeing to bring a cashiers check for the balance. Before I could return, they called and said they had sold the car to someone else. I asked them why they bother taking deposits then. Needless to say, I bought from another dealership.

Northwest Mini's reputation (Seattle Mini did not exist at the time) is the reason I decided against the Mini. They tried to tell me that the car only sells for MSRP. How old is the design now? I don't think demand is all that strong anymore. Have you tried the dealer in Portland. Plus its easier to negotiate price without worrying about sales tax and add on fees (although you have to pay them when you register it back in WA).
  • dad2bedad2be Member Posts: 60
    Anyone have any more recent price quotes to share? After initially considering a lease I think I've settled on a purchase of a 2011 Hardtop, minimally equipped. How much over invoice is the going rate these days? I see there is $1k of "You-ification" money available now in addition to the 0.9% financing. The one I have my eye on has an invoice of $21492 and MSRP of $23600. Not the favored color combination, but if I could get it for $22000 - $1000 incentive = $21000 I'd be happy.

Also, anyone know if there are still incentives/special financing on leftover 2010 convertibles? Have found a few locally that might be of interest if the deals are still really good.
  • tomc1227tomc1227 Member Posts: 20
    Where did you see the $1000 for You-ification? My wife and I are looking at a base hardtop and we're also wondering what the going rates are for purchases on remaining '10s or in-stock '11s right now.
    Hi there. The $1000 You-ification is not well advertised. I found it when I was searching inventory at dealers within 75 miles of here - some had it listed on their websites and some didn't. My local Mini dealer confirmed it today (only after I asked about it.) With this they were at $2000 off of MSRP pretty much right off the bat (was about $900 over invoice, minus the You-ification incentive.) Local dealer is relatively small, though, so I'll be contacting a few others within 50 miles to see what they can do. $2500 off MSRP should be achievable.

Haven't seen any leftover 2010 hardtops in eastern PA / NJ area. There are a few 2010 convertibles around and I see ads for ~5k off MSRP for them, but have had a convertible for a while now (Wrangler) and am over it. Hope this info helps in some way. If I end up buying I'll post my final numbers.
  • frohockfrohock Member Posts: 1
    "I see ads for ~5k off MSRP for them, but have had a convertible for a while now (Wrangler) and am over it."

Can you please tell me where you asee these ads? Im looking to buy a Mini Conv.

Thanks
    - Ron
    Hi Ron,

Sorry I don't have more specifics for you. I looked at ~30 dealer websites from DC to Boston when doing my research and didn't take detailed notes on the 2010 conv since I wasn't interested. I suggest you do a widespread search of the dealer websites in your area to see what's available and what the discounts are.

For me, I agreed to a price and picked up my White Silver metallic 2011 Hardtop today from Ottos Mini in West Chester, PA. In addition to the paint "option", other options are heated seats, fog lights, the Bluetooth/USB package, and the 16" 6-star spoke alloy wheels. The MSRP was $22600 and the true invoice (after including the $1000 You-ification money) was $19592. I paid $20500, so it was a $2100 discount off MSRP and $908 of profit to the dealer. I had wanted to be a few hundred lower, but this car was pretty much the exact color/configuration I was looking for so I'm satisfied.

I actually had a very hard time finding minimally equipped Hardtops (no Premium package, etc) with just the 16" Alloy wheels, fog lights, and the Bluetooth/USB package in a color I wanted. Didn't really want heated seats, but since I park outside and live in the Northeast I'm sure I'll get some use out of them.

The guys at Ottos Mini were great to work with. Had 2 rounds of phone negotiations completed by 1pm, took my credit application info over the phone (0.9% financing!), and had EVERYTHING ready and the car prepped when I arrived at 3:30pm, and it was very busy in the showroom today. A great experience.

(Ron - noticed they had a nice red 2011 Conv in their showroom with an attractive sale price - MSRP was ~30400 and on sale for ~26900. Bigger discount since a lot more margin.)
  • scott31scott31 Member Posts: 292
    I was able to get $8200 off my 2010 convertible purchase at the end of Oct. $6300 off MSRP from the dealer, and $1900 in the form of an incentive from Mini for attending one of their events.

The dealers in the DC area (4 of them) all had from 1-3 2010's in stock. I checked recently, and they are all gone now. Hopefully you can find a 2010 somewhere.
  • chchoichchoi Member Posts: 40
    I got a 2011 Mini Cooper Red.
    auto
    roof
    Bluetooth.
    MSRP 22850
    Selling price 21965.11 (1330.11 above invoice)
    Is this a good deal?
  • mizpinkmmizpinkm Member Posts: 2
    I'm going to buy a 2011 Cooper S, with premium package, cold weather package, navigation and some other options. The total price from the website is $28,300.

What's a good deal for it? How should I start negociate with dealers? Seems like they don't like to talk through email, they rather do phone calls.
  • elshinelshin Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have eyed the MINI Cooper S for a year and a half. I have visited the dealership a number of times, but dissatisfied with the price. The last visit was in December in which I qualified for the 0.9%, but was disappointed when told the dealership would not reduce the price for a sale. I was never told about the $1000 You-ification. How did you convince the dealer to lower the price?

Note: I'm located in Georgia and there are only 2 dealerships.

I'm open to any advice....

Thanks,
    elshin
  • tomc1227tomc1227 Member Posts: 20
    Does anyone know if the You-ification money is still available? From the miniusa website, I see that they've changed from 0.9% financing to 2.9% but the throw in a free option (like steptronic, which is worth $1250).

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2011 Cooper Hardtop and want to make sure I know of all the incentives available to me and the dealer.
    Regarding earlier question of how I got the dealer to lower the price, it's no secret strategy. I first collected data on incentives, then searched inventory, then contacted the dealers for their prices. The price I paid was a good discount for me for a car equipped just like I wanted, plus allowed them a nice profit. It was also the last few days of the month and fiscal year, so maybe they were willing to be more flexible, and there are more dealers to choose from in eastern PA.

tomc1227: It does not appear that the $1k is still available, but you are right that there is an option credit. I've seen that the "free" option allowed depends on the model, so I'm sure the dealers would have more specific info. For me, I drove both an automatic and a manual before purchasing - this car needs the manual for maximum fun factor!
  • rockstar03rockstar03 Member Posts: 3
    If anyone is still interested in getting a quote - I bought my new 2011 MC (automatic trans, premium package, iPod/USB/Bluetooth) last week. I was able to get $2100 off MSRP but only after getting multiple quotes from various dealers (this was like pulling teeth, mind you since most of them want you to go in).

There's currently a 2.9% APR financing deal and the "free bonus option" which includes I think either cold weather package, automatic transmission, bluetooth, cold weather package (Mini dealer website states what options they have available). Unfortunately with the price that I got, they wouldn't give me this "free bonus option" because I'd be under invoice. I asked if this was a manufacturer incentive (which according to another dealer is) but my MA said it's a "partial-manufacturer incentive." Hmmm... sure... okay. Well I knew that they weren't going to go any lower on a 2011 in my area and it was the car that I wanted in that color. Since they wouldn't go lower, I asked for floormats which they gave me :)

Hope this helps. I think this thread shows that it's definitely possible to get close to invoice but it's a bit more difficult than most cars since Mini doesn't make as many...
  • amazwamazw Member Posts: 1
    Hi, did you put any down payment when finance your mini?
    The dealer in NJ let me put 2000$ down.
    Yeap! I hadn't realized that some dealers don't let you?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you bought a new small car in January, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please email pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information and a few words about your new car and your trade-in, if you had one.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bad_hagglerbad_haggler Member Posts: 1
    Okay, so the only thing I know is that I have approved financing and I'm looking for a 2008 or newer Mini Cooper Base or S. I'm in NY and there is one that I am looking at that appears to be what fits. It's a Yellow 2009 S with 21k miles on it. The CarFax is clean and from the options, it looks to be a stock Cooper S.

The list price on the Website (Hassel Mini) is 19,995. First off, how low can I go before I insult them?

The other question (sorry, I haven't bought a car in years, and not a "nice" one) is that there is a 2011 Base HardTop Automatic (Black) that is listed at 21,850. Are the 2011's selling for much under "list" price?

Any reason to think I could get say $2k off of what these "listed" prices are?

Thanks for any replies. I know dealers have to make a living, but I really want to try to get the best bang for my buck. Being so unfarmiliar, I don't even know which I should target, the '09 or the '11.
  • chuengchueng Member Posts: 1
    Hi Rockstar03,

Does your price "$2100 off MSRP" include tax and title fees?

Thanks!
  • bamatxbamatx Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2011 MINI Cooper with Auto Transmission, Bluethooth, Armrest and Harman sound system. The TMV with these features is $21,853. I then deducted an Options Credit of $1,125 that MINI is offering for Auto Transmission from the TMV for an adjusted TMV of $20,728. This is the price I offered the dealership. The dealership said the Options Credit was already taken into account on the TMV and by me taking it out, I was "double dipping". I'm I correct in my offer or is the dealer correct?
    Hi bamatx. I tend to agree with you - the TMV can't account for the free option on this vehicle (Invoice $20635 / MSRP $22850.) I think your approach was a fair one (taking TMV, minus the invoice of the free option.) Having this "free" option gets much more confusing when negotiating - I bought back in December when there was the flat $1k "You-ification" credit.

If the Automatic really is "free", then the adjusted invoice is $19510 and the adjusted MSRP is $21600. Your offer of $20728 is still giving them $1200 of profit...
  • thunedr1013thunedr1013 Member Posts: 1
    I picked up my 2011 Mini Cooper yesterday. MSRP $24,200 dealer invoice $22,532. Using carwoo.com I offered $500 over dealer invoice minus $1575 premium package credit for a price of $20,957. with tax title and license OTD was $22,593.86
    Hi there,

Unfortunately no it didn't.
  • koblixkoblix Member Posts: 8
    Hi,
    I just started looking into the Mini this week? Any advise? Many TIA
  • jlin1028jlin1028 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

Im trying to buy a mini before this August.Since I still have months, all i can do is search for the best deals. Before i going to buy one, I really need help for answering few questions that im concern.

When is the best time to buy a mini???

Since the I want the mini Nav Connected, i have to order the mini, I did customized it online, and the total comes up 32,000. Do car dealer allow give deals for ordering a mini?? How much is they usually offer??

and last, I learned to drove a manual transmission 4 years ago (mostly forget it all), and Im in New York City. Do you recommended to buy a manual or automatic?? the manual could save $1700, but im worry a new stick driver will damage the engine if I didnt drive it properly.

Thank you for replying, im really appreciated.
  • phunke1phunke1 Member Posts: 3
    Mini's current deal looks pretty sweet.

On select Mini's (Have been in contact with my local Mini dealership (Atl, GA) and it's all Cooper and Cooper S')

0.9 % Financing
    You get one of the following packages for free:
    Premium Package ($1750 Value), Sports Package (1250), Automatic Transmission (1250)

I'm headed to the dealership easter weekend. The question is if I end up with a Cooper or a Cooper S :)
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    You should buy a manual S with only the suspension and performance upgrades. None of the bloat and bling. This will result in a car that is highly sought after when you sell it, and it will drive very well.

Note - stick with the stock tires.
    Here is what I suggest:
    Manual, S hard top.
    - Center Arm Rest
    - Sport Suspension
    - Traction Control
    - Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
    - Premium Sound
    - Homelink/Garage Opener
    - JCW Strut Brace
    - JCW Sport Suspension
    - JCW Sport Gauge Kit
    $27544 MSRP (figure $26K or so after haggling) - All the meat and none of the fluff. If you need a GPS, get a Garman. For $400, you can get a unit that's portable and four times better than any OEM unit. This will be depreciate 15-25% slower than the normal models as this is what tuners and drivers who want the manual will want used. And it's crazy fast.
  • bluegingerblueginger Member Posts: 3
    Getting automatic HT with premium package and bluetooth in base color (chili red). Got offer of $20887 (before taxes and fees) which is $1152 over factory invoice. MSRP is $23600. This is taking into account the premium package promotion.
    Based on other deals I've seen recently, that seems like a good deal. The Promo they are running currently is the best promo in over a year. They are really trying to push Mini's right now. The issue I'm having with the dealership is that they don't have many base models with just a prem package, so they just don't have many to chose from. I think I just need to get over wanting a specific color.
    After reading through all the horror stories in the "Clutch" thread, I think I will be going with the automatic transmission. I'm actually going this weekend rather than next. I'm having problems sleeping at night thinking of my new Mini :shades:
  • kent2kkent2k Member Posts: 3
    Would you mind to share from where you got the price? we tried to get exact same configure, even same red color, the local dealers won't budge, we tried costco auto program was offered meagerly 250 off msrp from a 40-mile away dealer. we are in N. Cal, bay area.

thanks,
    Well, if you don't know what to do, you can burn out a clutch fairly quickly. Then again, I've had a car with a completely dead clutch only once in my life, so YMMV of course.

In any case, the solution to it when or if it happens is to replace the OEM clutch with a racing one that's 2-3x stronger.
  • kida1kida1 Member Posts: 1
    Wow, this is insanely great deal! Where are you located? I feel like I got ripped off then. I just put a deposit down on a 2011 Mini Cooper, premium package, automatic trans, with Mini Connect no navigation. MSRP was $24300 and I tried to get them to go below $22000, but they wouldn't budge off of $22725, which was pretty much the option credit! They gave the same story about "double dipping", that the credit doesn't come off their invoice, but I thought that was bs. I was kind of annoyed but they had to transfer this specific car from the port, so I thought it was still a pretty decent deal considering all the leg work they did to find the exact car I wanted. I'm located in So Cal and wondering if anyone has had success negotiating in this region. Bleh, I really want the car and actually don't mind paying that price until I saw that you got your car close to 2K lower than mine!! ignorance is bliss..heheh.
  • bluegingerblueginger Member Posts: 3
    I'm in LA. Dealer is Southbay internet dept. Please private msg me for the name of the internet mgr who took care of me. It was painless and actually a great experience! I just picked it up this weekend and I'm in love. I have been dreaming of this car for a long time and it's finally a reality!
  • carsearch16carsearch16 Member Posts: 4
    Looking to buy a new Mini cooper within the next two weeks. A couple of questions -

1. Any sense on price flexibility? I know that most minis are customized, so it may be difficult to do exact numbers, but roughly a couple thousand or so?

2. Any idea what it takes to actually get the 0.9% financing they advertise? (I have great credit, but sometimes that's not all their looking for.)

3. Are brokers like carwoo or others actually good ways to buy a car, or is it better to just go straight to dealer? (I live in CT.)

Thanks!

Elizabeth
  • hachicahachica Member Posts: 1
    Hello Elizabeth --

I don't know if you have had much luck in CT, but here in Southern California it is a really crazy time for Mini shopping.

I don't know if it is gas prices, the impending summer buying season, or the current Mini promotion, but they are flying off the lots here. If you see a car one day, it will likely be gone within a few days. This is true for hardtops with the premium package, and especially true for S versions of the cooper with premium package and automatic transmission.

Also, all dealers are telling me that production is slowing right now. One attributed the slowdown to the fact that automatic transmissions are coming from Japan, another said that they are changing their coding system, and yet another said that they gearing up for a transition to the 2012 model. It is tough to verify the validity of these claims, but considering they are all saying variations of the same thing, it is worth noting.

In terms of pricing, most dealers are willing to honor the 1 free package promotion, though they usually only have premium packages here. Keep in mind that they will only discount the invoice price of the package -- not the full retail value. As many others have noted, it is very difficult to get further reductions on Coopers (though it may be easier for S versions since they are usually more loaded). Expect them to offer only the package discount, and work from there. If you mean a couple of thousand beyond the promotion discount, I would say that is almost impossible at this point. Maybe in a year -- as long as they don't make significant changes.

I am close to closing a deal on a Cooper S with automatic transmission, premium package, and a few more options that I don't really need. I thought there would be more wiggle room, but dealers are standing firm. I'm sure if I don't buy it, someone will.

Oh, in terms of interest rate, the .9% is for 24-36 months, I think. Something a little short. 2.9% for 60 months. If you have good credit and are willing to borrow a certain amount, you will likely get approved.

Hope that helps! Anyone else shopping for a Mini right now?
  • neverfollowneverfollow Member Posts: 1
    I just got back from a dealer and this is the quote that I got:
    2011 mini hardtop S, manual transmission, premium package, armrest
    MSRP $26,200 (including destination fee which is $700)
    Discount that I got is $1884.92. They charge delivery package which is $299.00 so the price total purchase price is $24.614.08 plus tax and $599 doc fee.

Do you guys think this is a good deal? I got the one option package free discount which is $1750 and they didn't want to move away from msrp as you can see, only $134.

Thanks
    I wouldn't deal with a place that charges $599 doc fee, just out of principle. And the $299 delivery package? What's that?? They already charge you the destination fee. That's $900 in extra padding for 2 hours of paperwork and prep which they should do anyways. Doc fee should be $200, tops. It should be MSRP+destination fee+taxes+doc fee in that order.

The free option package, btw, should be the sport suspension, as it dramatically changes the driving dynamics. Add the options that you want, one at a time as it will save you money (ie - the premium package is only worth the AC, which can be added by itself). The one option that people want on used Minis is the sport package. Doubly so if it has manual.

Also, remember, that the dealer literally will have his rear end on the line if you give him poor marks on the feedback, so that's plenty of leverage to get that silly "delivery package" markup removed.

Here is what I would get:(in the configurator on their website)
    Mini Cooper S, (free sport package), (manual) [so far, base model price], (color of choice - the Ice Blue with black roof looks nice and if $0 extra), and the following options you pay for:

Color: Ice Blue with black roof ($0)
    - Design - Anthracite headliner if ordering black roof ($250). Chrome line interior ($250).

- Packages - only the free sport package ($0)

- Performance - All season tires ($0), Sport Suspension ($500), Auto dimming rear mirror ($250).

- Instruments - Nothing ($0) Stock AC is fine, $500 for your iPod is silly - I use MP3 CDs andyways. 50 cents each and I can fit 50-60 songs, typically on a "mix" CD. Spend the $500 on the better looking interior.

- Accessories - Wheel Locks ($64), Mud Flaps ($66), Floor Mats ($119), Glovebox Organizer [also gives you a place to put you iPod if you get an aftermarket connection kit/jack installed in the glovebox] ($57), Magnetic Stone Guards ($36) , Bumper Protection Strip ($46)

- JCW - Strut Brace. This is horribly important to tightening up the front end. ($277) Order it at the time of delivery so that it will be installed for you.

Total:$25533. All sport, a few nice options to add to the looks, and the basic accessories. High resale value as well. But you'd have to order it tomorrow.
  • wannamcwannamc Member Posts: 1
    Just test drove the Mini Cooper Hardtop and right now the local dealer has very little in stock, but a few coming in this month. Two of those look interesting, but how much can I expect them to budge on pricing? Both are 2011 base model, manual trans, with Premium and Cold Weather pkgs in the color I like, with sport seats (which I liked). Both have bluetooth and USB/ipod adapter (for $500, seems silly to me, but all of them coming have this).

#1 version has the black alloy wheels for $750, which I despise -- can't they switch those out to the old wheels? -- priced at $24,600 w/destination charge, then they'll take $500 off for it being a manual (really pushing them since autos are out of stock) plus $295 for dealer crap (mats, etc.) = $24,395.

#2 Version has center armrest (which didn't matter to me) plus the really nice leather/cloth seats for an extra $1,000, which I don't really need, but they are pretty nice. $25,100 minus the $500 as above, plus $295 as above = $24,895.

So how to proceed? Do we go back and make an offer, or are these things in such short supply that dealers won't budge? Guess we should have shopped last month during the free package deals, but didn't know we'd be shopping (my car DIED, so we need something soon).

Any advice welcome. Thanks to all for enabling my admission to the MC Club!