Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1434445464749»

Comments

• madelynvmadelynv Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm making a deal with a private seller for 2010 mini cooper hard top with moon roof and automatic suspension.(pepper white body, black top) It has 29k miles and no special packages or other specs. Car is in a good condition, but not amazing.
    How does $17500 sound for this car? I need some good advices. Thanks a lot.
  • Thanks for the reply. I eventually got it down to 1,300 below MSRP.
  • mesherrymesherry Posts: 6
    Does anyone want to estimate how much a less a new 2012 hardtop is worth in resale value vs the same 2013 car? There still seem to be enough 2012 cars left (if you can be flexible with colors & options) so I'm thinking prices should adjust downward in August to reflect the year over year depreciation.

Also - any rumors about August incentives or financing deals, are all the 2012 models now on the lots and when will the first non, owner-build 2013's arrive on the lots for sale?

Thanks!
  • There is a certified preowned base hard top I'm considering buying. It's got the cold weather and the sport package with nav, arm rest 34k miles. One year left on the warranty. Overall looks great. Two owners one corporate 1.5 years and a 3 year personal lease. They were asking 18995, right away the dealer came down to 17995, I offered 16000 bottom line ; he came back with 16680. Is it worth it??
    Thanks
    G
  • I just found a 2011 Clubman S, white, 18,500 miles, auto, Cold Weather Pkg, Sports Pkg and P-moon roof. It's sitting on an Audi lot...asking price 24,900. 1 owner trade. Any idea how far down I can negotiate the price or what is considered a good deal? Any help would be appreciated. I do not have a trade, so just need to know what to pay.
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,490
    You can answer 1of your questions by going to the Mini site, or on Edmunds, and configure the exact car, only as a new one. What's the difference in price? Remember, 1/2 the bumper-to-bumper warranty is already gone on the used one.

Quite often, used lots won't reduce the price significantly. It all depends on how much the used dealer has invested in the car.

It wouldn't surprise me to find a new car to be the better deal overall.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,663
    Post your question here on REAL WORLD TRADE IN VALUES (Be very specific w/ color/options...) & qbrozen will give you the cars auction value & an idea of a good price to pay.

Powered By Honda2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD

• I am looking to buy a used 2006 Mini 1.6L with just under 100k on the motor. 5 Speed Manual. It is very very clean. I was wondering how your 2006 worked out for you? Could you share your experience?
  • dk512dk512 Posts: 4
    Could anyone recommend me a dealership near north new jersey? I've been in touch with prestige, mini of manhattan, princeton mini, and morristown mini. Out of all of them, only prestige gave me a price by phone/email. Rest of the dealerships suggest for me to come in to tell me price. So typical!

So, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
  • theredrovertheredrover Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I bought a brand new, base model 2013 Mini Cooper Hardtop in early summer of 2012 at Mini of Tempe in Arizona.

-Chili Red
    -White Roof and Mirrors
    -White Bonnet Stripes
    -Auto Climate Control
    -Auto Headlights
    -Sirius Satellite Radio
    -Panoramic Sunroof
    -Automatic Transmission
    -Bluetooth Connectivity
    -Window Tint

I used the College graduate discount for $500 off. I paid a total of 22650.00 with all taxes and fees included (253.32 Licensing Fee, 489.00 Documentary Fee, 8.00 Miscellaneous Fees). They threw in a lot of the aftermarket add-ons for free.

I traded in my blue 2008 Honda Fit (automatic, but otherwise base everything) with 7500 miles and minor hail damage on it for $13000.

I should mention the car buying experience was beyond phenomenal. I thought I was going to have to go in there with my teeth bared to stay within my budget, but they were more than happy to help me get what I needed. They walk through all of the features with you there after you purchase the car, and even sent a hand-written thank you note after my purchase. MINI also sent a welcome package just today (about 10-11 months after purchase) filled with goodies and thank you presents. Couldn't have had a better experience and I love my MINI. Look for Schmitty if you go to this dealership.

I hope this helps. Good luck in your search.
  • jadrie2jadrie2 Posts: 2
    I just bought a used (1 owner) private sale of a 2011 MINI convertible with 25,000 miles, extended warranty, plus warranty on wheels and tires for $19,000.00. Please let me know....
  • Hello there. I'm looking to replace my first car here shortly. I've always loved the MINI's (except maybe the Clubman), and I've even wanted one since I was little and didn't even understand the concept of driving. I'm now looking to get a MINI Cooper, and my only requirements are:

1) Better than 25mpg (I already get 25mpg) &
    2) Must be $8000 or cheaper

I'm not looking to buy anything new, just something that doesn't have 150k miles on it and isn't covered in dents. Problem is, is I'm not sure where to look to find what I want. I've searched Craigslist a little bit, and didn't find much that fit my needs, as most of the listings there were for earlier models which get worse than 25mpg as listed by Fueleconomy.gov. Can anybody help me find one that meets my criteria? Or at the very least help point me in the right direction? Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • I would suggest you look on cars.com. You can enter search parameters for specific vehicles and specific price ranges as well as distance from your zip code. You should be able to find plenty of available cars there.

Not certain about being able to beat 25MPG, but to me that number is plenty high. If you are focused on fuel economy more than anything else, perhaps you need to reassess your desires. And remember that a Mini is mostly BMW so parts and service aren't going to be in the Toyota Corolla price range.

Good luck~~
  • Hey, new to the MINI world and buying a car world for that matter. Looking at buying a 2004 MINI Cooper S Hardtop, and getting a lot of mixed reviews on them as far as drive-ability, durability and maintenance & upkeep, had to give up my last vehicle due to something always breaking or needing to be replaced since it was almost 20 years old. Hoping something newer would have better luck, but from the reviews and message boards I've seen I can't get a good beat on it. Would love some advice on if it's a good buy as a daily driver and what a good price range would be for it, the one I'm looking at has about 94,000 miles on it. Looks to be in good condition, hopefully I'll get to test drive it tomorrow. Thanks! :D
  • Wow, this sounds like a fantastic deal? How did you manage to do that?

I've tried to negotiate with them for a while. Maybe at most 1000 off, which means the basic will end up with 23000 in totoal with only the automatic!!!

I'd love to hear your story!

Best,
    F
  • Hi,

Did you end up buying from any one of the dealer's above? I've also seen mt Lauren and mainline. If you do, what prices have you got? I am in MD, i am thinking whether it is worth while to go a little bit north. PPl tell me it is cheaper there:)

Thanks.
    F
  • llbean2009llbean2009 Posts: 12
    edited May 6

Just placed an order for a 2014 Roadster S. Sticker of $37195, negotiated price of $34500

• jabberjaws5jabberjaws5 Posts: 1

Hi, I'm in market for new 2014 Mini Cooper S hardtop with Nav, park assist, rear camera, leather etc. I am told by one dealer likely have to order and they never come off the price even a nickel -- is that true?

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,690

@jabberjaws5 said: Hi, I'm in market for new 2014 Mini Cooper S hardtop with Nav, park assist, rear camera, leather etc. I am told by one dealer likely have to order and they never come off the price even a nickel -- is that true?

It depends on the dealer - the dealer where my daughter has bought two is a one price dealer

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews