Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid

Comments

• denrogdenrog Member Posts: 8
    Hi, this is my first Mini/BMW car also. I have done lots of reading on the message boards the last month to get a feel for what to expect. I debated getting the CWP especially seeing that last year it was $300 and went up to $500 for 08. Heated seats are no big deal to me but maybe when the snow and ice come the heated mirrors and washer jets will come in handy. The other packages had things I didn't need and I wanted my Mini to be economical in price and fuel. When I priced both models with the same features the "S" was $1900 more for the turbo basically. Seeing that they recommend 91 octane for both I decided on the "S" though my driving style probably wont take full advantage of it. I didn't see or hear anything about tinted glass in the brochures or online but I guess you can have it done at an auto glass business. As far as the gas issue from what I've read you can use regular safely but your mini wont perform as well and your gas mileage will suffer. The higher octane burns cleaner and to tell you the truth I have in the past used a few tanks of premium in my truck and it seemed to run better and the mileage was a tad better.
  • minipakminipak Member Posts: 7
    Hello, thanks a lot for your reply and advise. Basically, I agree with your opinion on the CWP and gas issues. I don't real need the heated seats, but heated mirrors will be a very good option for me. Looks like HMs are not available alone, only in the CWP. I am commuting mostly on the pretty flat highway with a medium traffic. The distance and gas are only an issue for me at this time. :)
  • floridabeepfloridabeep Member Posts: 2
    Who has paid what ? I see some strange numbers out there from different dealers.
    Thanks !
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Assume MSRP. Anything more is too much. Anything less, good job.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    In Florida? The dealers there have some crazy document fees... $399... all the way up to $799..

Just consider it part of the selling price.. That said, if every MINI dealer in Florida is adding that to the MSRP, then you may have to go out of state to get a better deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• floridabeepfloridabeep Member Posts: 2
    You appear to be right on. I have one quote of 350 and 3 hours away on the left coast it's 650. I can't figure it out !
    I live in Ct. but bought across the border in RI. I ordered my MCS Saturday but before signing I told them to wright everything down...my out the door price. I was not going to pay for anything other than document fees. No vin etching, paint sealant, undercoating, dealer prep, etc. They were good and my paperwork fees were $95. He did balk at giving me front and boot mats but I was ready to walk, even over such a little thing.
  • goody39goody39 Member Posts: 4
    Hi -

First time MINI leasee here. I was wondering what I should expect between the Cooper and Cooper S? I drove them both in the city and didn't feel too much of a difference.

You guys/girls seem to know what you are talking about, could you please provide some insight?

Thanks,
    Jason
    You didn't feel much of a difference? Well, if you can't feel the horsepower difference, then go with the car you like most. There's no reason to opt for an S if you do not see value in the turbo.

I've been given the standard cooper twice while my 07 is in the shop (non-maintenance issues) and both times I felt like the Cooper was decent. I couldn't live with it but then again, at times my Cooper S feels underpowered.

Driving style and what you desire in the car will probably decide which car you'll decide to buy/lease.
    Hi Jason,

I have one of the previous post and I said the same thing when I test drove them three weeks ago. I decided to go back and drive them again but to drive them harder such as the on-ramp to the highway and passing. I did feel a difference when comparing them in that fashion so I ordered the "S". I"m sure the non turbo would have been fine but with the bonnet stripes that I wanted to get I though that I would want a little more go than just show.

Dennis
  • bijoubaby05bijoubaby05 Member Posts: 23
    unfortunately, i am stuck btw two available cars and i cannot decide.

my choice is btw

Black 2007 MCS xenon lights and arm rest automatic

vs.

Real Silver 2007 MCS only sunroof automatic

which one is the best for me? i am 24 grad student, working and studying in los angeles. ive read and responded to the sunroof complaints. are they legit? should i just get the black color... but my fear is that the car is small, the black will make it a target for bad drivers in parking lots because they cannot easily spot the vehicle parked?

i would option out for the silver. in the perfect world, my car would have a comfort package but alas, unless i built it what i want is not available to me.

should i just settle for the black? anyone on this board have an all black mini S and have opinions, i am open to hear them.

thanks!

im going car shopping tomorrow night. i am eager and excited but unsure.
    Is there some reason you're only looking at on-the-lot and at just one location? Why can't you order? In socal we have more mini dealers than anywhere else in the country. You have a very wide variety of choices and most dealers show their inventory online.

Why a new car for a grad student?

What does the color have to do with getting hit? I'm on many boards and I've never heard this. Also, you can always park your mini at the edge of the spot so people will see you; that's even in mini's silly little Owner's Handbook.
  • chrisj102chrisj102 Member Posts: 1
    Im so excited! How long does it usually take to receive the car? My sales person told me 6 to 8 weeks, but from reading other messages, it seems like it could take much longer.
    a new car for a grad student because i also have a great job. im getting my mba for job advancement/ salary increase.

i never realized that i had such a nervous personality, i guess im anxious since ive never made a purchase like this before.

on the lot because i dont want to order and wait, ive waited long enough for a new car.

and the two cars are at completely different dealers. i am hoping i can leverage that as well as the fact that it is an 2007 and they need to move the cars off the lot to my advantage.

any thoughts?
    As I bought off-the-lot (I got rid of my 2006 330i and decided that same week the Cooper S was my choice), I would suggest with a purchase of this kind that you closely weigh the importance of features v. price. Had I known I wanted I Cooper S sooner I would have ordered and I'd have 2 feature I dearly miss - comfort access and a LSD. This would have meant a delay but I know the car I dig now, I'd love even more.

Sometimes a savings in time or $ isn't worth it in the long run.

I don't know the negotiation on the 07s v. 08s, so I'm sorry but I can't be of any help on pricing 07s. :(

I wouldn't be concerned about the color and parking situations. The mini is quite common in so cal.
  • minipakminipak Member Posts: 7
    I have ordered '08 MC a three weeks ago. The salesman indicated to me the same delivery term: about 6-8 weeks. I hope my car will arrive on time. But, due to the holidays, it could take a couple weeks longer. Status of my order is: "Awaiting Transport". I will be very happy if my car will be delivered to me by the middle of January. :)
    lease:
    silver 2007 mini cooper S
    auto and sunroof only options
    msrp: 24,500
    car bought 23,335 or 23500
    $2,000 out the door
    325.00 a month/ 36 mo.

did i get a good deal?
  • pgaston1pgaston1 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Coupe - excellent vehicle! Just some thoughts on dealer add options:

iPod integration - For $580 (last year this was $300) the functionality is slightly above first gen iPod players (i.e., only does playlists, acts like a CD player - ughh). Oh yeah, despite 'being new', it doesn't support the iPhone. Use the free aux input and your iPod/iPhone interface.

Bluetooth/Nav. Real surprise here - For $850 I thought I was getting bluetooth integrated into the car audio (like my '06 Volvo - for $600 there.) Nope - go figure. Instead you get a 3" by 3" box - last years Garmin, retails for $499 (i.e., not up-to-date on current features.) Live and learn.

i.e., steer clear of these options or, at least be knowledgeable.

(Dealer was Mini of Peabody - but I'm sure all push for these high-profit items...)
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    I am new to the mini market, helping the lady get a car.. do all 08's sell AT msrp? Or are there any known dealers in CA that will sell below?

Thanks
    i got an 07 for a remarkable price in mid december.

all the 08's will be at msrp if not a bit more for a few months after arrival dated for february.

i'd watch out for dealers who try to rob u blind, i encountered that a lot while i was car shopping.

try mini of long beach. thats where i got my car and i couldn't be happier. salesman named junior. he was easy to work with and dont take no for an answer until u get the price u want.

so, what do u want?
  • joem5joem5 Member Posts: 201
    Any of you notice in the Mini forum that this happening? :sick:
  • andhravoduandhravodu Member Posts: 3
    I had purchased an '08 Yellow MCS from Morristown Mini in NJ. While there was some mis-communication and confusion, they went out of their way to clear it for me. I got Premium package, Cold weather package and Multi-function steering wheel. Total with Documentation fee ($350), delivery and registration was $25422. I put the deposit on Saturday and drove the car out Monday. Not too bad, I guess
  • zkaudiozkaudio Member Posts: 60
    trying to get an 08' Cooper - S in dark grey with black roof and the following options:

-Automatic Transmission
    -Cold Weather Package
    -Multifunction Steering Wheel
    -Comfort Access
    -15k miles / yr

Trying to do all that on a 24mo lease at 400 or less / mo w/ 1500 down.

With the lease that high (relative to msrp) I could probably finance for 60 mo w/ same payment at 4.9%">

Seems fair for a car under 30k... seeing as how I can get many a luxury compact with msrp in the 40s for 2k down 400/mo
  • jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
    Looking to purchase a new Cooper S. I went to Otto's Mini in West Chester on Saturday. MSRP is $33,400.
    Does anyone know of ANY dealership that is selling for below MSRP?
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    what colour or options are you looking for. do you want an 08 or 07
    Maybe 07s and certainly the old convertibles are going for less than MSRP. But that's the old chassis and engine.
  • preppyladynjpreppyladynj Member Posts: 14
    Can anyone tell me who the best MINI dealer is in the NYC Metro Area or Tri-State Area? Best is defined as good selection, low pressure sales, excellent customer service and willingness to negotiate :confuse: :blush:
  • ksmotoksmoto Member Posts: 4
    If you have not already gone to www.miniusa.com - I am sure you have.
    What I did was search the Autotrader.com site.
    And other sites alike. In my area we only have One official Mini Dealer. I did find other dealers with " one " or two ..mini's avail. If I were you I would stick with a Mini Dealer. Basically it's you doing research yourself on a MINI, prior to going to a dealer that will build your confidence in " shopping", buying the car itself.
    Knowledge is Power and it makes a huge difference when your in Dealership. It can be overwhelming when you walk through the doors and See all the Glitz.
    Best to You - I hope you find Your Mini :)
  • locapacowlocapacow Member Posts: 3
    You have a lot of dealers in the NYC metro area considering the amount of MINI dealers there are. My wife just bought her MINI Cooper S from Westchester MINI in White Plains, NY. They are combined with a BMW dealership and the BMW dealership was made a center of excellence. She worked on getting her Mini while I negotiated my BMW price. The service there was excellent. The woman we dealt with was very nice and extremely helpful. She is very knowledgeable about the product. Her name is Mercedes (kind of funny. A woman name Mercedes selling Mini's in a mostly BMW dealership)

I don't know what you can do as far as selection in the area. My wife had to order hers based on what she wanted.
  • waterflamewaterflame Member Posts: 22
    Hi All,

I finally made it through the 50 odd pages of this thread(Whew!). It's pretty cool to read people's opinion about the Mini as it went through changes every year.I learned more about the practical side to owning a Mini here than any other car forum I've browsed through.

I did have some questions about the Mini.

1.I'm waffling a bit between the Cooper and the Cooper S. The Clubman isn't something I am considering because its pricier than the Cooper but with the same powerplant and a larger body, I'm a little unsure if the performance will be the same. The Clubman S is a bit too pricy. Am I wrong in thinking this?

2.The Cooper S would obviously be the preferred option but I'm a first time car buyer(recent grad school student,starting a modest new job).Would it be worth my while to take on the additional financial burden? I do understand that the S has a better resale value and is essential more "fun" to drive. How can I make sure that it is indeed worth the difference in cost? I do love cars and am in love with driving(anything and anywhere :D ) but I'm not a gear head by any stretch of imagination.

3.I'm about 6'4". Is that too tall for a Mini? :confuse: I'm not married and kids are nowhere on the horizon. I don't play drums and don't really need bucketloads of space. Just a comfortable seat and plenty of wiggle room without hitting levers and knobs.

4.I'm planning to get a very minimally customized Mini.Here's some features I think I will get (and can afford)

a.Non-metallic paint (Don't really like the idea of spending $500 on a paintjob)

b.The Cold Weather Package seemed attractive since I'm in Wisconsin but I'll be moving to Connecticut soon and am pretty sure it won't be as frigid for as long as it is here (It can't be! Please,God, Don't let it :P ). Is it worth the $500? Is any package worth it?

c. DSC. Worth it for $500? I don't drive like a race car driver but I do have a heavy foot and get carried away by a zippy car very quickly. Will the DSC help in icy,wet or snowy conditions? How effective is it otherwise? Does it affect everyday
    performance

d. The run-flats seem to be only degrading the ride quality. Is switching to stock tyres a bad idea?

That's about all the modifications I was thinking of. Am I missing anything? I don't really need super fancy gadgetry. I'll install the audio aux myself and I don't mind reaching over to change the radio station. The armrest seemed like a good addition but too many people complained about the quality.

Someone(plekto?) mentioned getting the JCW strut brace for $275.Does reducing engine vibration increase stability that much? :confuse:

Once I have a better idea about the kind of Cooper I should be getting, I'll be in a better position to talk to the dealers.

Really looking forward to hearing from you guys!
    1. Clubman would be a bit more practical. I have a 2007 Cooper S and once in awhile it's not exactly. Ideal. If you have other cars in the house, it's not a problem to live with a Cooper.

2.Drive them both. I can't imagine living with a base Cooper. But to each his own.

3.Not at all. I have let many 6 foot+ friends drive my Cooper and they love. For someone your size a clubman might be a good option just in case.

4. We love our seat warmers. My wife will often pick the Cooper S because of the seat warmers. DSC is useful as the cooper will spin its tires quite easily. I can't imagine in a cold climate with rain and snow how bad this would be. Just switched my cooper S to normal tires. Love them. The ride quality improves drastically as does the performance. RFTs are evil.

The aux comes standard on all Coopers.

The Strut tower is not for vibration - it's to quell chassis flex. If you're not a hard driver, you'll never notice the difference.
  • supriyasupriya Member Posts: 1
    Thanks, that was quick! :)

Unfortunately the Clubman is certainly out of my budget. Not unless I get some kind of magic deal on the 08 models right around the time the 09 models come in.

Has anyone had any luck with this strategy? From what I've read, there doesn't seem to be much in store for the regular Cooper or the S. I think a complete new variant like the Clubman was on the cards though.
    1.cooper S is the way to go. it's a zippy, fun ride. i have an 07 S model and i'm in love with my car, its too cute. the regular cooper has a lot of minimal additions, which the cooper S comes with sport seats (that you'd have to buy on the regular, etc)

2.i bought my car 2 years after graduation and about the time my corolla decided that it was time to leave me, even if i wasn't letting her go. i've never looked back since.

3.i dont think your size will be an issue. my boyfriend is 6'2" and he loves driving my car. the sport seats fit him like a glove. there is no backseat to speak of. dont expect any room. i think its a great car, even if you do have a family. as long as the babies dont need too much leg room and u only have 1 or 2 kids, it's fine. since that's not an issue, you'll be fine.

4.i have a minimally customized mini and i lived.

a. i have metallic paint but it's your choice. the dark silver is a great color as is the green.

b. The Cold Weather Package is definitely a choice but the package i regret not getting is the comfort package and the multi control steering wheel. i said the same thing about the steering wheel when i purchased the car and now i regret not having it. :( it's worth it.

sunroof is your choice although the car is sturdier without it.

c. DSC. no idea but any and all features available except for Stability Control should be bought.

d. i have run flats and they're so bumpy. i'm assuming regular tires are better while driving and less expensive. i did get a flat on my run flat and the purchase of a new tire cost me 200.00 w/ discount. they're very expensive to replace. i did, however, insure the rest of the tires for any further damage. you may want to consider that.

good luck buying! it's a great little car and the waves dont hurt either. :)
  • ticatica Member Posts: 64
    Hi
    couple of questions and answers to guy above:

1. Features I discovered I couldn't live without--autodim rearview mirror, comfort access (it's WONDERFUL), auto headlights--I think all these things are in the comfort package which is totally worth it--all these things mayke your life much easier.

2. Features I don't care about: inside trim, fancy steering wheel with the buttons--I NEVER use the steering wheel to control any of the radio or bluetooth phone stuff, I do it on the radio and it's much easier actually, sunroof, you get more breeze from window and it won't block out the sun with that mesh thing, and it makes noise on the freeway, I don't like it. I don't like the armrest. I'd rather by a non-Mini one that's big--I've seen them on the Mini accessory websites and wish I'd done that.

Has anyone noticed how low the front window is? So when you are first in line at the stoplight you have to crane your neck under to see the red light turn green? This is pretty annoying, I wish they'd extend the window higher. I'm only 5'6" so not like I"m too tall or anything.
    Hi
    I leased my Mini Cooper basic 11 months ago and the time is up to decide what to do.

I have a basic Mini with a sunroof, it has lots of options--more than I would have chosen if I ordered, but I bought if off the lot. It was priced at $24,300 at the time. I got an amazing lease deal (2% interest for some odd reason). I put 2350 down and 169/month for past year. My buying price now would be 21,3000.

But one thing that has bugged me is the intermittent check engine light. It's gone long periods without going on, then occasionally will be on for 5 days for some reason, then go off. It was on a few months ago for like a month and I finally took it in to the Mini dealer for the first time and they reprogrammed it and it went away. They didn't think anything had been wrong. But then 1 month later it went on for 5 days and then off for no apparent reason. It does not nec. coincide with gassing up or anything.

Anyway, I have 6300 miles on it in one year (new york city driving.)

I'm trying to decide if I should give it back and get a 2008 model with fewer features (but exactly the ones I know I want now.) It would run at around the same price or maybe 1000-ish more. But I'd get one year newer car and one year warrantly for about the same price.

A bit of hassle, maybe waiting since it's now 4 weeks till my return date.

Would it be better to have a new car? I would get the basic again, without the sunroof (I don't like the sunroof at all.) should I worry about the check engine light in the future--like 3 years from now--is it a potential lemon?

any opinions welcome
    thanks
    I get the CEL. It has no impact, so I ignore it. A day or two later it goes out. Shrug.
    Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Does it cost to get the run flats replaced back to the original ones? Do the wheels need to be changed as well? I read a few pages back that the wheel to rim matching was sometimes as issue when changing from run flats to stock tires?

Also, any final thoughts on the dynamic stability control(DSC)? I definitely won't be racing the car so limited slip differential(LSD) might be overkill but with snow and ice in Connecticut, would LSD help? Would DSC be of assistance in the same situation?

The COMFORT PACKAGE seems to be most popular option! :) Is reaching into your pocket for the car keys that much of a hassle? :P Just kidding, its definitely on my wishlist and will get it if I manage to save some money in the coming months.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    Sporatic Check Engine Light is often associated with a loose gas cap, since the entire fuel system is normally under pressure, as it is a sealed system. You may wish to examine your cap the next time the light illuminates, and verify that it is sealed properly. Also, examine the gas capfor a worn/broken gasket.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Okay... the buyout is $21,300..

How much would a new one be? If you can get out for $24K or less (before taxes), then get the new one.. One extra year of warranty, one extra year of free maintenance, and exactly what you want...

I'm assuming you are going to buy this time (because you are never going to get a MINI lease for under $300/mo. again.. ;) ).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Sporatic Check Engine Light is often associated with a loose gas cap, since the entire fuel system is normally under pressure, as it is a sealed system. You may wish to examine your cap the next time the light illuminates, and verify that it is sealed properly. Also, examine the gas capfor a worn/broken gasket.

Nope, not a noob. Neither thing is an issue. This is a problem with the car's sensors. I've had another sensor go wonky on me in my first 12 months of ownership. Shrug. Compared to my Bimmers, this car has been near flawless...
    Comfort Access is THE BEST., I never would have thought I needed it/wanted it, it came with the car cuz I got the one off the lot. But it is AWESOME. You are grateful every single time you open the door. You never have to dig for keys in your purse, if you are carrying a bunch of stuff you don't have to juggle it all whhile you find your key and open. you can open and close really quick and lock it quick. I think it's great for women, especially from a security standpoint. I don't think I could live without it now. Seems like a lazy thing but there you have it. Once you go Comfort, you never go back!

As far as my lease, yes, I had no idea how rare and great that 169/mth deal was. And yes, the new quotes have been in the 300s, so might as well buy. I am, gasp, thinking about the Smart Car too--for NYC--even better for parking--however, I think I might be terrified of driving on the freeway with it. Unfortunately I can't have too cars.

I do have to decide in the next month or before since my lease is running out.

So yes, the new car with only options I want would be less than 24K with taxes. Maybe more like 22ish, so I guess it's worth it? yikes, such pressure.

thanks
  • feliciatwofeliciatwo Member Posts: 68
    In one way or another Mini cooper has been around since the 60's . I wouldn't call it a FAD.

Just test drove the Clubman here in ft. lauderdale. You see the cooper everywhere. I suspect that will increase as the Buba pickups and Giant Suv's sales sag.

I am considering a Clubman while I wait for a clean diesel "that I like", to come to the USA. Consumer reports give the Mini the same reliability as the Toyota, Honda and Subaru. I presently own an Outback which I want to sell and a toyota Sienna(for work).

The Clubman is great fun to drive. And safety is good for a small car.
    would like to hear from other s on their Mini experiences.
  • rtboonrtboon Member Posts: 21
    Just ordered a Mini Clubman S from Peabody Mini in MA and was told the wait is 3 months withan earlt June delivery. This seems a little long and was wondering what the usual delivery times are? Test drove a Mini S and Clubman with the Clubman superior for ride and room. While the price is high, the key is how you option it.

rtb
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    My wife has an 05 Mini Convertible (non- S model) with 5-speed manual and all options except NAV system. She absolutely loves the car.

Only service problem was a temp sending unit that began leaking at 25 K miles (now at 30 K miles) and was fixed hassle-free at the local dealership, no charge.

She has been involved in 2 accidents, neither her fault, and no injuries. 1st was a rear-ender, with a Ford F-150 P/U sliding up her butt. Minimal damage to the Mini (new trunk lid and bumper), but it broke the hell out of the F-150 front end. 2nd incident was on the right side, with a 75 year old lady deciding she wanted the lane my wife was currently in...immediately! This time, she got a new right-side door. This car is bright red with white bonnet stripes and a black cloth top, and you would think it would be highly visible...

The only issue in repairs was an extra 2 week wait on the rear bumber backup sensors being shipped from England. Evidently, they must be painted at the factory in order to work correctly. In both repairs, the dealer's body shop performed the work, and I promise you cannot tell the auto was ever in an accident. I was amazed how well they matched the red color.

Being in our 50's, my wife isn't into high speed performance driving, so that may explain why no problems, or it could be that the car is really well built. Being a convertible, it is a bit noisy and has some of the expected convertible squeaks and rattles, but overall, its very tight...and the tops opening/closing performance is superior to any other convertible that I have ever driven.

Great gas mileage, too...Usually around 35 MPG in both city and hwy driving.
    Waterflame,

I have to say you should see the Stock Clubman's at your Dealer before you think you cannot afford a Clubman 08. I was shocked myself at the prices at my Mini Dealer.
    I have been on the Miniusa site a thousand times for research of each model 07, 08. I have built many Mini's online via the Mini Site.

After logging over 1000 hours online in researching Auto's ...for my New Purchase I found I kept coming back to the Mini Cooper. The Miniusa site allows you to build them and I almost always came up with a figure I could not afford.

However going to the Dealership * BMW MINI COOPER Dealer* I found that I had many choices with many Mini's including the Clubman that were affordable and had many packages on them.

I just purchased a 2007 * built 10/07 Mini Cooper this Month with -
    Sport Pack, Cold Weather Pack, Black Leather Seats, All Black Gloss Inlay of Dash and interior, Chrome kit exterior,Duel Moon Roof, IPOD, the list goes on and on ... Has Everything plus +++++. Not to mention all the incredible Adds that BMW offers when you purchase a vehicle from them. Was a Win Win for Me.
    23k MSRP. When I built a similar on line it came up over 29k +.

Think of this - at least - Green Rating
    Mileage - which is top
    Depreciation on any Mini Cooper is little to none comparative to any other Car on the Road today. :shades:
    My Purchase of a Mini came with no cost added - Bumper to Bumper free Maint -55k miles, Free Oil Changes for 3 yrs, 24/7 Road Service from BMW for the duration of owning the Vehicle, its worth going to the Dealership and hearing the bottom line and Seeing the actual Vehicles .. Then YOU Can see what is feasible for you to Buy, Lease etc...... I have had my MINI for a few Weeks Now and It's Better than I ever could Expect it to be. It Puts a Smile on My Face Every Time I drive it.
    I Love MY Car and I cannot even state how Good it feels to know my purchase of this vehicle "for once" .. I have no regrets on how I spent my money on a vehicle.
    I am tired of investing in Bic Lighter Auto's ..that the Vehicle itself Runs out of Worth before the loan is paid.
    Time For You too .. Make Your Money work For You ;)
    Hi Ksmoto,

It's funny to see someone else spending hours on the Mini website as well. I must have at least 10 different configurations from the past 3 months. It does get addictive..tinkering around, adding features you want and then making up for the extra cost by cutting back on stuff you weren't sure about.

It's astounding that you got a $6000 dollar discount on your fully loaded Mini.Its great to know that buying a previous years model does result in major dealer price cuts.I plan on keeping my Mini for a few years so the instant depreciation of buying a previous years model doesn't really bother me. Do you mind me asking where you got your Mini from?
    Waterflame,
    Where I purchased my Brand New Baby - Motor City Mini in Michigan. Its the Only Mini Dealer in MI. I checked Kelly Blue book even prior to purchasing my Mini. I checked first a 2006 Model - It had less than 1000.00 in depreciation ... even purchasing it 2nd party. I know for a fact that any other car would depreciate up to 7000K just from signing and driving it off the Dealer lot. My Dad sold Cars for 47 yrs .. Yes he did. And I learned throughout the years from him. My Mini Purchase was my First purchase of a Car in my life that I had " purchase power" on my own. Meaning I was able to Chose the vehicle of my choice on my Own without others inside you should, you could blah blah. I live in Michigan Automotive STATE ... Used to be our Motto. Its not the Automotive State any longer ...I can say. I worked in Automotive for 9 yrs myself. I know the inside of what is within the Build of a car - how many hours of design, engineering ..etc.. and it's really amazing that Any One can afford to Purchase any Vehicle at all. Seems to all come together in the End on the Window Sticker ;)
    Keep in Touch Waterflame
    K S is MOTO ..and Loving it
  • jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
    FYI-
    Towne Mini in Buffalo is offering $800 off MSRP on a Cooper S.
    Cool tip!

I hope this is the appropriate forum for this.

International Autos of Milwaukee,WI has 2 automatic 2008 Clubman S models on the lot that are about $2500 off the MSRP of $29,000. Too bad thats still about 3k above my price range.

Also, all they're willing to knock of the MSRP for a previous years model was $1000. That too in January 2009 for the 08 models. :cry:
  • smdb4smdb4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I visited Boston Mini dealer shop today.
    I tried to find the car what I want but I could not.
    A dealer offered me 08 mini cooper with Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Auto Transmission, DSC, 16" alloy wheels, center armrest, and fog lights.
    Actually I do not need center armrest and fog lights. I need Xenon headlights and multifunction wheel :cry:
    Though I did not negotiate the price yet, MSRP of that car was $23,700.

1. How much is the best price for it? I will buy it as cash.
    Please tell me about your buying experience.

2. I consider to buy alarm system. Do I need it?

3. Can I have a cruise control without buying a sport wheel w/multifunction?

4. How can I make good deal?

It will be my first car, please help me~~~~~~ :cry: