Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Prices Paid

Comments

• ticatica Member Posts: 64
    I have had an 07 mini for about a year. I never use the fancy steering wheel and never use cruise control. I personally don't think the steering wheel is worth it. I also only control my stereo and bluetooth phone through the radio, not the steering wheel. I don't do that much highway driving, more NYC driving, but still, if you're unsure about the steering wheel, I woudln't bother.

Features I can't live without
    -comfort access (it's AMAjZING)j
    -autodim rearview mirror (SO MUCH better than just flipping your mirror)
    -Bluetooth phone--really great, although perhaps the ones you buy and just clip on your overhead thing are good too...sometimes my caller can't hear me too well, but I can always hear them loud and clear--I don't know if their reception is my phone or the bluetooth
    - auto air and warm seats are good although not sure they are that necessary
    -the armrest sucks, I would buy a non-Mini kind that is much bigger and install it later, there is a website with Mini accessories that has some good looking ones

I got my car off the lot so I ended up with features that I wouldn't have necessarily ordered, and some, like the armrest, I thought I must have, I wouldn't have once I used them. But COMFORT ACCESS IS A MUST, esp. if you are a girl--you get in your car FAST in a dark parking lot, and also when you are carrying heavy things and can't dig for your key.
  • smdb4smdb4 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for helpful answering!!

Did you get discount on your car?
    Can you tell me where you bought?
  • ticatica Member Posts: 64
    hi
    I got some appareantly unheard of deal--
    a one year lease for 2350 down plus 169 month, for 12K miles. The car was originally 24,300, and now my residual to buy after a year is 21,300. So apparently that was a super low interest rate. IT was at Hassel Mini in Long Island, NY. Not sure if that deal is possible again.
  • liz_wwliz_ww Member Posts: 5
    could I ask you guys, when you mentioned about MSRP or the OTD price in the posts, do you include the warranty? tax? and other registration fee/ Documentation fee ?

Besides the price, the tax, the insurance, what else cost I should consider about? I just got my license...totally new here :cry: ...thank you! :)
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    OTD = every additional charge and in states like CA that's usually 10% of the sale price. So 110% of MSRP is often the OTD on a new Mini sale in California.
    Wow..you are fast. Thank you! :)

For my example, my configuration by building my car is 24,000 of MSRP in the miniuas.com, the dealer says I could get 500 discount...so suppose the deal is $23,500 now, how much extra cost do I need to consider before geting to OTD price (as far as I know, 6% tax, and property tax for CT...), could you estimate how much is reasonable for the rest of the fee generally?

Because I try to reply my dealer by offering the OTD price, but I have little knowledge of all kind of transaction fee. I just don't want to win the discount part and actually lose the fee part...thank you! :D
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Connecticut?

Well.. you know about the sales tax..

Property tax? Do you pay that upfront? Check with someone in Connecticut that owns a car..

Connecticut dealers are pretty famous for charging a "conveyance fee". That is a fancy name for a dealer fee or document fee.. It's just added profit.. Most often, I see around $250-$300 for this.. (kind of cuts into that $500 discount, huh?)

The easiest way to do this? Ask them for a quote that itemizes every charge, including taxes, etc.... and a breakdown.. On a MINI, there isn't going to be much negotiation room, anyway... That way, you'll know what to expect, and you'll be able to tell if they are adding any "fluff".

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the reminder and suggestion! :) kyfdx. your information is quite useful! I would figure out the fee I need to pay by asking them the breakdown.

learned a lot from this forum. Thanks! :D
    So...

What sort of options and color combo?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

here is my configuration :)

MINI base
    ZPP Premium Package
    205 Automatic Transmission
    210 Dynamic Stability Control
    comfort asscess
    302 Alarm System
    507 Park Distance Control
    431 Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
    4BF Interior Surface Brushed Alloy
    927 All Season Tires

not sure Xenon Headlights necessry...
    Park Distance Control?

You can reach out from the driver's seat... almost to the back bumper... ;)

Other than the slushbox, a nicely optioned car.. not too much wasted..

I think all-season tires are standard, unless you get the sport package.. then, they are a no-cost option.

I'd drop the alarm and the PDC, and get Xenons...

But, wait.... that would be my :) configuration..

What color?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

=) I could not live without PDC...my driving/parking skill is bad...at least it give me confidence, I hope. :sick:

Yes...I am stil considering the Xenons...but why the alarm unnecessary? People in US don't normally add that? would it protect the car from stealing?

the car is 85% possibility chili red...and lightening blue is also one of my consideration, will figure out at the test drive. :)
  • waterflamewaterflame Member Posts: 22
    Does anyone have any experience with the Mini College Graduate program? I couldn't get any specific information regarding the discounts or incentives that program offers?
  • ej1111ej1111 Member Posts: 48
    Do you have a contact at the WI dealer you mentioned in your post a few days back? Im looking into a clubman and would be interested in where you heard about them discounting!

I believe minis CG program is identical to those offered by BMWs. in the past they have done small discounts on rates for leases and purchases.
    I don't think we're allowed to post salepersons name's but here their website. International Autos, Milwaukee

The discount was available on the 2 remaining models of the Clubman S(I think it was an S but I could be wrong) and was offered because the cars were part of some kind of promotional campaign when the Clubman initially came out.
  • ej1111ej1111 Member Posts: 48
    I cant seem to get a hold of anyone there. Can you send me a message through the forum or an email at ej1111ATyahooDOTcom with someone you have talked to?
    Check your forum inbox! :)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    My sub 3000 pound 3 series coupe tomorrow after work. I bought a 1990 E30 325iA :shades:

I can't wait~! ;)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Interesting.... but, this is a MINI forum... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    sorry kyfdx. I thought I posted this in a different forum.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• riffster90riffster90 Member Posts: 6
    Hey all!
    I hope this has not been posted before... but i just test drove the mini yesterday.... It was love at first sight. Im already calculating the months of how long it will take to save up for a good down payment. Which leads to the money issue. Just wondering if anybody has gotten a great deal on the traditional finance option. Half price leather upgrade, thrown in a sound system... etc. And if anyone has how did you work your jedi mind tricks on the dealer, to accomplish the feat.
  • yellowbeltyellowbelt Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have a dealer recommendation - where to get a car at just MSRP?

Who gives the best money factor on leasing?

THanks
  • carlover3carlover3 Member Posts: 29
    I live in SanJose, CA, and looking for the best possible deal on a new Mini/S-model. Did anyone purchase a Mini in the BayArea/CA (or Northern CA like between BayArea and Sacramento), and was able to get a price below MSRP or some throw-in goodies (parts, service, etc.) ? please share on how to get the most for the money we pay for a Mini, and any dealer recommendation.
    My second question: Did the price of the new Mini go up year-by-year at all and about how much it went up ?
    Thanks in advance for all the info.
  • diggydoc1diggydoc1 Member Posts: 22
    I'm also interested in buying a '08 Cooper S in the next week or so. There hasn't been a lot of discussion on price around here for a while. Anyone have any advice on what I can expect?
    Ok so i have been reading around and have seen some slight hints that people have gotten deals from ordering past models of a mini. I was wondering if anyone has gotten a deal of this kind, because when i can afford getting my mini is sept-oct which is when most new models come out. So has anyone gotten a deal like this, for example i getting an '08 when the '09 is coming out in a couple months.
    Yep, the Mini dealer(Milwaukee,Wisconsin) I spoke to a month ago said that they do offer some discounts for past models. To be more specific, they knocked $1000 off the MSRP for the previous years model.

But here's the catch, the discount was going to be available for a month..in January 09 :(
    Can anyone please confirm when the 09' Mini Cooper S will be available for sale/ordering in US ? I talked on the phone to a saleperson of Concord/CA Mini and he told me that 09' model is not available until March 2009 but I don't know how to verify if it's an hostnest statement from that saleperson.
    And if anyone knows what are the major differences between 08' and 09' models of Mini Cooper S, and will there be any changes in the price ?
    I am trying to make a decision if I should order an 08' soon or wait for the 09' model to come out.
    Thanks much in advance-
    Car Lover!
    Hmmm... and im assuming thats just on the models that they have on the lot too? Because if u were gonna order an '08 in december they prob would not give u that discount huh? What do u think? :confuse:
    There was no discount.. '07 models @ $1000 off in January, '09..

IOW, "we don't discount"

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ahhh ok so not even the '08 models are going to be dicounted just '08s. Well that kinda stinks :(
  • sharmabmwsharmabmw Member Posts: 45
    I haven't seen below msrp in so. cal. some are even adding ridiculous premiums. any luck from others? on MCS
  • bziabzia Member Posts: 3
    looking to buy a 2008 chilli red08 hardtop, with black roof and mirrors, and automatic xmission for my wife. Only getting, mud flaps, fron and back rubber mats, and roof heli graphic as options. Best initial quote is $500 off MSRP.

Any insights or suggestions ?
  • weinerdog1weinerdog1 Member Posts: 3
    $500 off msrp is very very good, imo. The vast majority of dealers are able to sell at sticker(i'm in the midwest) or well over (2-3k in california in some places). Combine that with Mini sales going way up this year and it's not a buyers market.
  • apollo182apollo182 Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,
    im new to the forums and new to the MINI shopping. My fiance and me need another car we are both college students and want a mini clubman. the one i priced out is about 22500 on the mini site. we are looking at doing the MINI select financing. this sounds and looks like a great deal especially for us college students. im wondering if anyone has had experience with the MINI select financing. we are looking at about a 6000 down payment. im also anticipating i will need a parent to co-sign with me, if they worry about credit checks. we are also going to order the car and im curious how long it takes and do they need the money upfront before they order it. ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED SINCE WE ARE GOING TO TEST DRIVE ONE HERE IN MILWAUKEE THIS WEDNESDAY.
    thanx,
    Jon
  • TuTu Member Posts: 56
    I've read over 20 pages and not one mention of prices paid, everyone is asking for price and all that's mention is a bunch on nonsense. What a waste of time. :lemon:
    Everyone pays MSRP (or above).
    That's pretty much it..

Everyone is paying MSRP...

If you look back, you might find one or two people that got $500 off.. :surprise:

Makes it real simple... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ksmotoksmoto Member Posts: 4
    Jacob - purchased loaded 2007 Mini Cooper in March 2008 - MSRP 23, 500.
    Motor City Mini
    www.motorcitymini.com
  • tslbmwtslbmw Member Posts: 172
    I posted this under the Clubman heading in April:

08 Clubman S
    Lightning Blue Metallic/Silver C pillars/chrome line interior and exterior
    Blue Leather/Carbon Blk Cloth
    Clubman Lauch Package: Power folding mirrors, heated mirrors and jets, heated front seats
    Premium Package: Dual pane panoramic sunroof, Auto ac, Mini HiFi
    Sport Package
    Limited Slip
    White turn signal lights
    Foglights
    Ipod adapt
    Carpet Clubman mats
    MSRP $30,344
    Paid $29,700 + Tax (3% VA) + tags + $249 processing fee + online fees =
    OTD $31,187
    Put down $9400 financed the rest at 5.5% 60 mths $418 month

hope this helps. Like the host said, not much wiggle room on these cars....and the resale values prove it!
  • ppidori1ppidori1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I am interested in purchasing an 08 mini cooper S sometime this summer and had a couple questions:

1. Anyone know any mini dealers in southern california that gave/give good deals? (example: universal mini? bobs mini in calabasass?...)

2. I am a first time car buyer and was wondering how do you negotiate to get the best deal???

3. Is msrp the best price i would get?

4. Lastly, is the 08 mini cooper S (automatic) a good car to drive? does it give alot of problems??? if so wat kind?

thanks alot
    All mini dealers in So Cal are pretty much the same - MSRP is your most likely outcome. Your best bet is to make sure they don't tack on any bogus charges like laser-etching or lojack.

Test drive a Cooper and determine if you want one. Leave the lot anyway! If you want one, price it out with the feature you desire and then get financing from someone other than BMWFS. This is always true when car shopping: arrange financing outside the manu at a credit union or some other source to protect yourself. If the dealer has some awesome 3.9 or 0% deal, great, that can be your eventual goal but have your own financing. Don't let them fool you into buying the car immediately after you test drive!

A large percentage of minis are custom ordered. Ordering adds nothing to the cost and you get the exact car you want. Test drive a Cooper but take the time to walk away and determine exactly what you want on it. Then if you're lucky you might get off-the-lot. But more realistically you'll order and pay MSRP. A couple months later your car will come in.

All minis have a 4 year 50k mile warranty and 3 year/36k service included in the price. With the excellent resale and great warranty, you'll have years to determine if your Mini is a lemon and you can unload it on some other person.
  • ppidori1ppidori1 Member Posts: 2
    thanks alot man.

i have recently went to a mini dealer and just looked, no test drive, and saw that they added like $2000 additonal to the msrp. excuse me for my language but wthell is that. haha. sister said it was just for their profits.

so definitely no if they gonna add on those things right? and also are ppl getting mini's for msrp + tax or like tax included in msrp??

thanks again for the quick feed back.
    1. Can anyone predict/know when the 09' Mini Cooper S will be available for sale/ordering in US ? For example, in what month (of last year, or of this year ?) was the 08' Cooper S available for sale in US ?
    2. And Can anyone predict/know what are the major differences between 08' and 09' models of Mini Cooper S ? and will there be any changes in the price year-by-year and how much ?

- I am trying to make a decision if I should order an 08' soon or wait for the 09' model to come out.
    Thanks in advance for all the info.
    Car Lover!
    MSRP + tax, title, license.

Most places list markup but you just tell them it's MSRP or you're gone. They'll remove the garbage fees.
  • jbee808jbee808 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone ever tried getting better pricing through Costco?
  • kitty15kitty15 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in a Mini. Is it true that Minis are not sold below invoice? I live in North Chicago area.

Also, anyone has experiences with Mini Dealers in North Chicago area?
  • zgrrrlzgrrrl Member Posts: 147
    Hi Kitty:
    As far as I know, MINI is still not striking any below invoice deals. The good news is in IL they are not charging OVER invoice. Your best bet is still to negotiate add-ons to sweeten an invoice deal. Floor mats, both sets the carpet kind and the all weather kind, if you want to add racing stripes they will add those in, too. They used to throw in free ipod jack installations but those come standard now, so go to the MINI site and see what sort of extra add-ons you might want to sweeten the deal.

I bought mine at the dealer in Schaumburg and they were super nice. I can't give you the salesperson's name here, but he was great. They recently upgraded their MINI service dept and its pretty swank.

I've serviced my MINI at the dealer in Naperville and they were also very nice. I didn't buy from them because they didn't have the exact MINI I wanted on the lot and they don't trade between dealerships, otherwise I would have.

Good luck! Have fun!
    I think both of you mean MSRP...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zgrrrlzgrrrl Member Posts: 147
    Sorry yes, not thinking AT ALL. I meant MSPR. Getting my discussions mixed up. Thanks for clarification. Yikes, that could be messy.
  • thaddeustthaddeust Member Posts: 3
    I know that a 30 month standard lease has a money factor of .00032. Prepaid is .00024.