Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    - With the 10k plus 1k down on a 72mth lease I will be paying around 590. Good or NOT?

72 month lease? Do you mean 72 mo. finance payment?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    I personally would not wait until the last day of the month. I would feel like that would limit my options to get up and walk away in case something unexpected came up when I was finalizing the deal. Also, speaking for myself, it's great to be able to like the salesperson involved but all things being equal it's a business transaction and the best deal is what gets my business. Heck, I may never see that salesperson again, so how much of a difference does it make as to whether I like him/her or not?
  • jmmommyjmmommy Posts: 6
    Hi Kyfdx,
    Sorry, 72 month Finance.
    Thanks
    Okay..no problem.

Scared me a little.. lol..

• jmmommyjmmommy Posts: 6
    Put a deposit down and we are going to sign paperwork tomorrow and pick up car on Wed.

The only question I still had was is there a Costco discount still out there?

I will post all pricing tomorrow.
    Thanks
  • finev8finev8 Posts: 2
    thx in advance for feedback.

received an offer from a dealer (not volvo dealer so no factory CPO, just dealer certified) on the following:

07 v8 sport
    52.5K miles
    DVD/NAV/Technology Package
    so this has all options except for climate, convenience and BLIS.
    vehicle is VERY clean, and carfax and maintenance reports check out.

offer is $25k. good price?

Mileage doesnt necessarily scare me, but of course would have preferred at least some warranty coverage. I'm just wondering if it would be worth finding something at a slightly higher purchase price but with volvo CPO (6yr/100k)?

side note-if anyone could recommend a quality 3rd party warranty, I'm all ears.

Secondly, if I go with same yr/model (minus DVD/NAV, but including climate/convenience), mileage btwn 25-45k, WITH CPO, what price might I expect to pay best case?

thx!
  • bitenmeinbitenmein Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    --fineV8
    I paid 36 +Gumunt fees for same with 25K miles for an 08' from Crapmax. Love it since its still under factory, but bought the $2200 extended JIC warranty. As it turns out a strut was bad and it was a little over $1000 to replace front driver strut and bushing. I am not too keen on non-factory warranties, but its good for 6 years from my purchase date and total 99K miles.
    Nothing like own'in a Chinese luxury car.
    PS the suspension is very very stiff. Not like a sports car, but more like a moving truck. Curious-What brand tires are on it? 19"?
    Good luck.
  • finev8finev8 Posts: 2
    thx for the reply bitenmein.

what is 'JIC' (spell out please)? Curious to research the warranty, and assuming you mentioned the repair as it was covered by this 3rd party warranty???

dont know the brand but they're 19's.

I'm not finding much else out there within proximity to this offer, then again this without CPO/Warranty. I'm anxious to know others opinions as well, and any expert advice regarding comparable costs, with and/or without CPO warranty.

Thx again!
  • lostproclostproc Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2008 XC90 3.2 AWD w/ Premium and Climate packages, 19.5K miles and CPO for $30.2K. THere are many 2008s on the lots right now due to the 2008 lease special that Volvo ran in 2008. I think this is a good time to shop for XC 90s
  • I am looking at a 2010 xc90 (standard, no extras) with 6k miles. This is a "service car" which i assume means it was a loaner. I am waiting for dealer to send me a price and in the meantime want to get an idea of what kind of discount I should ask for. He said price would be below invoice and possibly less the "stipend" dealer receives from manufacturer. We are eligible for 2.9% financing and would get 5yr/60k mile warranty and 5yr/60k mile Safe and Sound program (of course since the car already has 6k miles we are missing out on 10% of the life of the warranty).

MSRP on this car is 38k. What would be a great price? This is my first experience with buying a service/demo and I am a little worried that it has been used and abused...but I'm willing to roll the dice if I can get a deal.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
  • strohbstrohb Posts: 1
    Just got lease quote for 48mo, 15k mi for $625/mo + Tax of 8%, 42kmrsp, 38800 (XC90 R design).
    Does this sound fair??

Also is the 2011 coming out soon, as this might entice them to reduce price on 2010's

Thanks, Bill
  • marker70marker70 Posts: 12
    Hi,

My wife wants to buy a new 2010 XC90 AWD with Climate Package. She talked to a salesman and he indicated through the costco program, the price would basically be invoice price ($40K). Question is, is it possible to get this car below invoice and if so, how much below can I go?

I think there is a $500 incentive as well as a 3.99% financing. Can both be combined?

Thanks!
  • marker70marker70 Posts: 12
    Just got the following offer from dealer:

-2010 XC90
    -Climate Package
    -Blis
    -Bluetooth
    -Wood steering wheel
    -Non Metallic Paint

Price: $38,700

Is this a good deal? What do you think?
  • njnjronnjnjron Posts: 1
    I have been pricing the xc 90 for 2010 and was about to purchase when I found out that metallic silver was not available in nj at this time- with AWD, climate pkg, BLIS, BI-xenon headlamps, Sirius radio. the dealer said I could get what I wanted if I waited until July when the 2011 comes out or wait until Aug and order it from the factory.
    Any input on this would be appreciated.
  • Hi,

Recently placed a special order with a local dealer here in NW Ohio for a 2011 XC90 3.2 AWD R-Design with Climate & Dynamic packages, plus BLIS. Expected delivery, however, is mid-August 2010 and therefore may not be eligible with current promotions (5yr/100k Safe+Secure, loyalty rebate, APR,etc.)

Based on Volvo's incentive "habit" of past years' August/September period, what is the likelihood of similar or better incentive(s) to happen in August 2010?

Thanking everyone in advance for any input or comment.
  • Hi marker70,

I use this site's True Market Value (TMV) calculator available here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/volvo/xc90/101181546/options.html?x=95&y=12&acti- on=1

With the package/options information you provided, and with the following assumptions as input for the calculation:
    - Vehicle is new
    - it's the 3.2L FWD version
    - Location is NW Ohio

The TMV comes out to $38,505, meaning the dealer's quote is $195 higher, implying opportunity to negotiate the price lower.

If it was the 3.2L AWD version, the TMV comes out to $40,410, meaning the dealer's quote is $1,710 lower.

Now, if it was the 3.2L FWD R-Design version (which i find quite unlikely since it does not come with a wood steering wheel), the TMV comes out to $40,232

Add AWD to the above 3.2L R-Design, and the TMV becomes $42,138.

Hope the above helps.
  • Just purchased a 2007 XC90 w/ 42K miles. CarMax offers "bumper-to-bumper" warranty for next 5 years/60K miles for $2,100. Should I buy this coverage, which would cover me until about 100k miles?
    Car: Ice White, Off black int, 3.2 R-Design, BLIS, Blutooth, Climate Package, AWD
    Sticker: $44,830
    Invoice: $42,035
    TMV Others Paying: $42,930

Our trade in 03 Jeep Liberty, 48K mi, good condition

Dealer offer roughly $35,000 + Tax, Title & Reg including the trade

I'm sure we can secure their 2.9% offered for either 60 or 72 plus 5 years safe and sound....basically they had a no hassle offer and we weren't even looking to buy today....

Good offer? Can the move more you think? Should we try and sell car to carmax and bring cash down to table in lieu of trade to try and sweeten their offer so they wouldnt have to sell our trade?

Thoughts :-) Thanks!
  • floyd_dfloyd_d Posts: 5
    I'm curios to hear how this turned out for you? Did you buy the car and how much of a discount did you get? I am in a similar siutation contemplating buying a demo 2010 XC90 with similar mileage. I'd like to know how much to shave off of the invoice for it not being truly new.
  • prh1976prh1976 Posts: 2
    Hi,

We bought a 2009 XC90 3.2 R design last year from our local dealer. It was a demo, with about 5400 miles. The list was approximately 43,500 and we paid 34,000, and that price included the 5YR/60,000 complete maintenance.

Regards,

Paul
    Thanks. What did the dealer want for it (not the list price but his discounted sale price)?

In my situation it is 2010 XC90 3.2L AWD with options listing for $44.8K. Dealer is asking $39.8K with just under 5000 demo miles. I don't think they'd be willing to go as low as $34K but it might be worth trying, I suppose.
  • tonysaktonysak Posts: 1
    Hi Guys, thanks for helping me.

My local dealer has a demo 2010 XC70 T6 14,000 miles on it. It has the premium package (leather and a sun roof) and the climate package and its the Turbo version. The sales man said I could get a significant off MSRP but he listed the MSRP as $46k when its more like $43k (who works off MSRP anyway).

What do you think I should offer him? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what his dealer cash, and dealer holdback is, in addition what to deduct for the mileage. Its the end of the month! Any feedback would be greatly appropriated. I'm also in new england if that matters.
    I'm having a hard time w/ negotiations. It is hard to find pricing metrics for demo vehicles. I did find this article: http://ezinearticles.com/?Are-Dealer-Demo-Models-Really-Good-Deals?&id=1123016

I offered $36.2K for a 2010 XC90 w/ MSRP of $44.8K w/ 5000 demo miles. It was rejected flat out. They are holding steady at $39.8K. That seems like not enought discount for a "used" car since $3K of that discount would come off even for a new car. An addtional $2K off for a car with some wear and less warranty and maintenance plan than new seems like not a good deal to me.
    Let's stick to the topic...

Thanks!

• Does anyone have any info as to how this news will affect Volvo's lease program?

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/stock-alert/f_vlkay_volvy_geely-completes-acq- uisition-of-volvo-car-from-ford-1084089.html

I've called three dealers yesterday and they all gave me the run around on leasing particulars.
  • FYI - I was just told from the dealer that the MF is .00199 and the Residual is 51%
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi ethansdad. So far, the acquisition of Volvo by Geely has not had a significant immediate impact upon its lease program. Volvo runs all of its special leases through US Bank. It did away with its captive finance company, Volvo Finance, a couple of years ago. It seems to me as though its recent lease offerings are not as aggressive as they were when Volvo Finance existed, but the Geely acquisition doesn't seem to have had an impact upon things yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Is this a good price or not?

2011 XC 90- 3.2, AWD, Climate, BLIS, Wood Wheel, Ice White ext, Sandstone int.
    MSRP - $42,875
    dealer is asking - $40,840 (about $200 above invoice)

Edmunds has no info for '11s and Truecar says this is overpriced. Dealer is throwing in about $300 is accessories (cargo mats, etc.) free of charge

Are there any Volvo incentives (besides loyalty) for the 11s? I see a APR of 2.9% is available for a 2010 according to Edmunds but I can't find any info on volvo.com to confirm that or to see if it's applicable for the 11s.

I'm hoping to tap into the group's collective wisdom to get advice. Thoughts?
  • I am in NY and received a quote of 41,300 for the same car even down to the color. I think the car should sell for 40k. Hopefully someone else who had some luck buying a 2011 can chime in.
  • Hi,

I am interested in a Used 2008 XC90 V8 Sport w/ AWD with 32,000 miles on it. The dealer has it listed for $35,900. Does that seem like a decent price???

KBB has Suggested Retail Value as $35,835; Private Party as $32,735.

Thanks for your help!!!

- The Rick