Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Aviator Prices Paid and Buying Experience

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
edited March 2014 in Lincoln
Have you recently purchased or do you plan on purchasing an Aviator? What did you pay? How did you negotiate?

Comments

• ghengiscghengisc Member Posts: 24
    I just recently purchased an 03 Aviator that had been on order for about 10 weeks. Apparently, This is how long it takes if you order the vehicle with the new dvd navigation system. I purchased a Premium 2wd w/limited slip, sunroof, class III tow, 2nd row bench, and dvd navigation system. The order price was 47,795. I purchased the vehicle off of the Ford X-plan which brought the cost down to 44,508 w/o any haggling. Then, on delivery, I was able to qualify for the 3000 cash back, the additional 1000 through Ford financing, and an additional 500 through X-plan. The final price was about 40,008 after all of the rebates. There was no trade-in and no haggling. Overall, the experience was pleasant. The only bad part about all of it was that I had to wait 10 weeks. If you are anxious to buy, Don't order!!
  • golfinfoolgolfinfool Member Posts: 1
    what is x-plan and how can i use it?
    thanks!
  • ghengiscghengisc Member Posts: 24
    It's a Ford program for business partners, friends and family. Most Ford employees have about 2 a year they can purchase on the X-plan. Most of them won't purchase their cars on this b/c they have the A-plan which is only for Ford employees and immediate family. They can purchase up to 4 cars per year on this plan. I'm sure if you could find or know someone that works for ford or hertz you could use this plan.
  • gogoreagangogoreagan Member Posts: 10
    Just leased a luxury 2wd with Premium Sound System in Houston. With the $4000 rebates offered in July, the sale price was around $35,000.

The Aviator has been awesome. Comfort, practicality, and power have all been more than expected.
  • cybercreekcybercreek Member Posts: 1
    I've got a serious problem with my radio that has been going on for the 4 weeks I have owned it. The dealer refuses to fix saying it's not loud enough. This car has been in the shop for 1 entire week out of the 4 weeks I have owned it. Once for Rear AC unit. Once for stuck Thermostat which caused the engine to overheat, possibly damaging all the seals,as well as the transmission clunking. Once because the Front Transfer Case Seal leaked oil. And this last problem.. The rear main seal has been replaced. All the while they refused to fix the noise coming from the speakers. Even when the radio is turned off! I can't escape the high frequency humm.
  • mlwlkmlwlk Member Posts: 10
    I recently purchased a brand new (32 miles) 2003 Aviator with an MSRP of $40,225.00. After 5 long hours of negotiating with the dealer, I drove away in my new SUV having paid $32,540.21 plus TTL. My 2002 LS trade got me an additional $20,983.18 off.
  • kendall8kendall8 Member Posts: 28
    i want to buy a 2003 aviator on long island. The msrp is 43,175 what should i pay?
  • sirknightdsirknightd Member Posts: 96
    I paid invoice plus got the zero interest sixty month term. I live on long island. It is incredibly nice to drive and own. Enjoy.
     Post any other questions. Good luck
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,204
    did you get the .18, or did they get the .82?
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • kendall8kendall8 Member Posts: 28
    i just got a 2003 aviator msrp 45,565 for 36,797. 5750 cash back... long island
  • mrt9mrt9 Member Posts: 6
    I just arranged to buy an 2003 2x4 Aviator -- MSRP around $42,000 -- for $32,500 -- which includes rebates of $6000. I called yesterday with my price proposal, they found the vehicle at a dealership in Georgia and have gone to pick it up for me. Easy as pie! And just in the nick of time to take advantage of all the rebates and incentives out there, which helps out dealer and me (purchaser). I like a good deal -- where both benefit and LITTLE hassle. The car buying process can be a real pain with all the games the salesmen want to play.
    Plus, in a town where the dealer knows me, I will not be embarrassed to go to the dealer for servicing on the vehicle, because I got a good deal (not anticipated in June when the rebate was $3000 and they were talking MSRP instead of invoice) and I did not gyp them out of making a living either!
  • mangasmangas Member Posts: 1
    sirknightd i too am on LI and would be interested in a similar deal (invoice & 0%financing for 60 minutes). What dealer did you go with and was it the ultimate AWD 2003?
    Thanks,
    Mangas
  • sirknightdsirknightd Member Posts: 96
    I used Hempstead Lincoln Mercury.
    I dont think it was called ultimate when I purchased mine in May.I think it was called premium

I did get every option available except the chrome wheels.
    So I had awd, hid, nav, dvd ent.moon roof..tow..
    any other questions please feel free to ask

ps i think now it is 72 months instead of 60 months at zero per cent financing
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    ....would be interested in a similar deal (invoice & 0%financing for 60 minutes)

Those balloon payments are a PAIN! ;-)

tidester, host
  • saharagalsaharagal Member Posts: 88
    For an X-Plan purchase, does $100 over invoice, $2000 cash rebate, and 0% for 72 months sound right? Is that a good deal right now?
  • jerseygirl1jerseygirl1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought an '03 Aviator on 10/8 after about a month of test driving EVERYTHING. I have every option (chrome wheels, tire pressure system, moonroof, DVD, in dash 6-cd changer, etc.) on the vehicle available except the Navigational system - and preferred the 2nd row bench seat. I paid $39,804 including delivery and the MSRP on the vehicle was a little over $50,000. This included financing a portion of the purchase with Ford Motor Credit (temporarily). I also ordered the spoiler now available on '04 models.

The vehicle is GREAT! I didn't want the larger Sequoia my husband preferred - because the handling was so much better on the Aviator. It was also more expensive. The fact that the 3rd row seat folds flat instead of "tumbling" is a big plus - as are the side airbags for my kids in the 2nd row.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    You got a great deal, jerseygirl. And a great car too :)
    what did you drive before your avi? i'll bet you really like the power over the 'tree'.
  • dell26dell26 Member Posts: 9
    Jersey girl where did you go to get your 03 aviator? Sounds like a dealership I would like to visit
    your post from 0ct 7, was pretty funny. i remember reading it then, but i only figured it out when i reread it today. just enough time for the ink to dry?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Better late than never! ;-)

tidester, host
  • hilnhiln Member Posts: 7
    Hi! I bought a Vivid red 2003 Aviator AWD sticker price- 45,760.00. It has the moon roof and tow package. and 17" spoke machine alum wheels. I chose the 40/20/40 second row bench. No DVD (we have our own we take on long trips) and single cd with cassette. I love this car! I looked at them before the rebates and the sales guy told me to wait and they would go on sale. He wase right. I am soooo glad I waited. The sale price was 43,239.68 and $6,000 in rebates. We finances some to get the extra 1,000 back from ford. That is now paid off though so it cost me 63 in finace charges for that 10 grand borrowed. We paid 37,239.68 which is a savings of 8,500.00 plus off sticker price. Of course I still think I paid too much but this is the first brand new car I have owned in my life and I love it. The dealership really treats you special- calls me for my maitnaince checks- I have 3 years/36,000 mi included including oil changes.

The fuel economy really stinks but I guess that is the price you pay for living big! I am worth it. I love the red color also. it has the leather parchmnt interior.

The rear sensors are the best! They make parellel parking a DREAM!And I dont have to worry about hitting a garbage can or the mail box pulling out of my driveway anymore! I wish they had front sensors for parking purposes too!

How does all that sound? Did I do OK?

Ellen:)
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    We just found out we have twins on the way, so I may be looking at the Aviator this weekend. Good luck with your big purchase!
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    U did good, Ellen. congrats.
  • jb7227jb7227 Member Posts: 86
    Just bot a '04 Ultimate from Pride L-M in Lynn, MA (north of Boston) - 3rd purchase from them in 4 years and each time felt like I got a decent deal. Equipped mine with every option (i believe) - DVD, Nav System, Pearl White paint, 40/20/40 rear bench, roof cross-rails, chrome wheels, Advance trac, trailer package, and moonroof. List was $ 53,800 - with incentives and discounts, i paid $ 45,800.
  • hammer995hammer995 Member Posts: 27
    Could somebody post the X-plan pricing for the Aviator Ultimate AWD with options?

Thanks!
  • bmwloverbmwlover Member Posts: 9
    i am about to buy a black aviator with beige interior for $31,000 with 17,000 miles. It has dvd, navigation system, sun roof, rear park assist, 6 disc in dash cd changer, etc. is it a good deal?
  • quemfalaquemfala Member Posts: 107
    What year?
  • bmwloverbmwlover Member Posts: 9
    its a 2003
  • e350v10e350v10 Member Posts: 92
    Navigation in 2003?!?!?!?

Check edmunds.com or kbb.com for pricing. If you check the trade-in pricing, it is roughly wholesale.
  • sklarinsklarin Member Posts: 4
    does anybody have recent sale prices on 2004 aviator ultimate package 4x2... i know that they are offering $5,000 cash back... please let me know of best deal buy or lease...

also, what are the best money factor and residual for 36 month lease 15,000 miles per year?

Thank you.

Sklarin
  • mfentonmfenton Member Posts: 9
    I am here in So Cal and my Vista Lincoln-Mercury dealership is offering me an '04 4x2 Aviator Luxury Trim with the added rear dvd entertainment system and the audiophile 6 CD changer sound system. Lease is 39 months 2000 down and 519/month. We have had 2 mountaineers from this dealership and have been very happy. What do you think? Good deal or not?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    For lease questions, try Lease Questions - Ask Here.

Steve, Host
    I don't know what the "rebates" are at this moment, but when we bought my wife's Aviator a couple of months ago, I thought the deal was terrific! Around $7,000 in rebates, which included $1,000 as a Cadillac owner and $500 for financing with Ford, which we paid off at the 1st payment date. It was the rebates, plus $500 below invoice and a good deal on a trade, well above the auction price that might be normal in a negotiation. She loves the car! It was built early in March and we've had the dealer replace the ring-pinion/rearend to forestall future trouble with the "whining" sound mentioned elsewhere on these boards. Good Luck!
    Life is Better at the Beach -- Except in a hurricane!
  • lcd952lcd952 Member Posts: 2
    Mfenton, that sounds like a pretty good deal, I was just at Galpin in Van Nuys last night trying to work out a deal and basically it was the '04 4x2 Aviator Luxury with auto mirrors and moonroof. The problem was they wanted $3K down and $519/month for a 39 month lease at 12K miles per year. Maybe I just pay Vista Lincoln-Mercury a visit today.
  • jacqueusijacqueusi Member Posts: 55
    I'm in a quandary. Being in the heart of GM Country (Detroit, MI) I'm stuck between getting a great deal on a 2004 GMC Yukon ($5.5K friend of a GM Exec. discount + 10-15% off). My wife and I much prefer the 2004 Lincoln Aviator although it's looking to be $2-$5K more for a vehicle that stickers about the same as a Yukon.

We do have access to X-Plan pricing, but after reviewing some of the posts, it looks like X-Plan may not be the best deal after all? With all the incentives, I'm looking at about $7,400 in rebates for the Aviator. Has anyone had any success lately with applying rebates and getting more than $500 off invoice? I would imagine that's a better deal than X-Plan + rebates.
    I'm sure you've seen my earlier post (#37), but I did a lot of searching to come up with that deal. But, I will admit, it seemed the dealer agreed to all of my numbers a little too quickly. Like maybe it could've been a little better? So, it might be possible. Go in with your "budget", your absolute bottom-line, and leave it to the dealer if he wants to move the vehicle.

As for me, once I've made a purchase I quit looking at the papers.

Good Luck
    Life is Better at the Beach -- except here in South Florida!
    Thanks! The $500 off invoice I quoted was from your post!

The wife and I have been driving around various lots today, both GMC and Lincoln. On Autotrader.com I'm finding 2004 Aviators for close to $30K. To me that's an unbelievable price. I would prefer to call the dealer prepared, but there's so little information on discounts, both X-Plan, dealer discounting, and rebates.

When I find more information, I'll be sure to post it to the group. Wish me luck!
  • vinnievinnie Member Posts: 10
    Just walk into any lincoln dealership and walk away with $10k+ of discount from MSRP (or if you are good, from kelly blue book price).

Just picked up a luxury 2004 AWD model w/ rear dvd and misc options for $36k (sticker MSRP was 47k and some change).

Most dealers wont give in, some advertise it right out. But *all* dealers have this incentive.

Hope this helps. Oh yeah, this promotion ends 9/30!
    Could you break that down for me? I'm assuming it's a combination of rebates and negotiated price? Did you use any Ford discount plans such as A, X, or Y?

Wow, $10K, that's fantastic.
  • stumpsrstumpsr Member Posts: 2
    Hi...just dropped our 2004 Aviator off at the dealer to have an air conditioning problem looked at, figured while it was there we'd have them take a look at the brake pads as we are going on a trip in a couple of weeks. 31K miles on the vehicle bought new. The Service manager says the pads are almost worn and we need to replace the rotors (Hah!) as they cant be turned. Also said that the emergency brake shoes need to be replaced due to corrosion.(Hah again). Total due if done there $801.....Needless to say I'm going to have the car looked at someplace else. Anyone else had an experience like this? or agree or disagree with my assesment?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Lincoln Aviator. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Lincoln Aviator Owners: Problems & Solutions discussion instead.

Steve, Host
  • kinnerskinners Member Posts: 6
    HI, there: My Lincoln dealer is offering 10k off sticker on 2005 AWD Aviator. (This was with no negotiating and includes the 5k rebate.) Herer's the thing--the vehicle has 5k miles on it. How do I calculate the value of the depreciation--the amount that should be deducted off the final price to account for the mileage? Thanks for any info.
    your post hit a chord with me.
    central ct dealer ad in saturday paper. '05, cpo, 32,999. original msrp 49,750. mileage was not mentioned.
    Thanks for the pricing info, explorerx. 16k off--that sounds like too good a deal to pass up--even for a "dead" vehicle.
    i'm waiting until i can get that price on a new one. ;)
    Dealer offered $42,409 for a new loaded Aviator. The sticker was $53,645 and included the Elite package and the Jet Black package. Thoughts?
  • dkla76dkla76 Member Posts: 41
    Hey im about to buy 2005 4x2 Aviator w/ almost no options. I know of $5000 customer rebate, $1000 rebate(if i finance thru lincoln), $500(college rebate), and manufacturer to dealer $3000 rebate. i qualify for all. so im looking at $8500-9500 rebates.

is it reasonable to ask for price of Invoice minus $9500?
    that would be ~$38000-9500= $28500 plus ttl, etc.
This discussion has been closed.