Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gdovers1gdovers1 Member Posts: 1
    Recently bought a Green 2005 Jeep GC Laredo 4X4, Leather, moonroof, 6 disc MP3 compatible CD changer, 30K miles for $17,000 plus tax & title. The starting price was $19,500.00. I am very happy with this as I still have ~6K of the bumper to bumper warranty left. It is in excellent condition with only minor wear noticeable, and the dealer put new brakes on prior to purchase. It was an off lease vehicle bought by the dealer at a Chrysler dealer only sale, I negotiated the price after they bought, but before they had it delivered to the dealer site. Hope this is of help. GD
  • nlp311nlp311 Member Posts: 2
    Great info. Thanks!!!
  • jeff73jeff73 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a 2007 Laredo $35K sticker ($32K invoice). Friends and Family pricing access and $6K of current lease rebates (2004 Durango lease is up in three months). Any thoughts around either a potential lease payment or the money factor and residual value? I live in Indianapolis.
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    I have the affiliate program on a about 35K car with all the current rebates the payment is 356 month plus tax. That is for a 27 month lease.
    This is with a drive out of about 400. The rebates back in 04 were 7200, my lease is up aug 26 but I might extent for a month just to see if the rebates get any better. Old Mike
  • sduncansduncan Member Posts: 1
    I have a price quote on a new 07 GC that stickers at 42,865 of 35,000 which includes the $3,500 rebate. Seems like an ok price, not good and certainly not great to me. Does anyone have any thoughts?

The manager gave me a invoice price that was 700 over what edmunds lists for the car. Is it possible that the invoice price actually varies?
  • wsheridanwsheridan Member Posts: 1
    Just closed lease deal MSRP 30,025(Basic 4x2 trim w/Sun & Fun group); 39m/15k per, 1k down and $345.00/month?
  • coolridercoolrider Member Posts: 84
    Good
  • acadaacada Member Posts: 5
    Just signed on a finance for a 2007 Laredo 4x4 with the 26X package for $31,000 plus tax & fees. I chose the 0% APR for 60 mos. instead of the $4000 cash back. For an additional $395, they're installing Park Sense.
    How did I do?

26X w/ after market Park Sense
    $31,395 + tax & fees
    0% APR for 60 mos.

Long Island, NY
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    Hello. I have a question I hope you will be able to help me. I'm interested in buying an 08 Limited. I'm in Sacramento, CA and for some reason there are very few 08's around. My dealer located one nearby and he can do a delaer trade. The price is good (invoice minus rebates), but I'm hesitant because it's one of the first ones produced. The VIN ends in 8C101524.

I'm just afraid that with such an early build they didn't have a chance to work out all the bugs/gremlins/etc.

I am in no hurry to buy, but I do want to take advantage of the current rebates. Should I get this one or wait for a more recent build? Also, what do you think about the price?

TIA,

Angel
  • sunbeebsunbeeb Member Posts: 7
    I just got (10/13/07) my 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 26E package with the following options:

Tow Package
    Optional OWL tires
    Optional Jeep Metallic Green Color
    Premium Floor mats
    walked out of the dealer with only 18 miles on the odometer.

Window Sticker was $31,205
    Price Paid was: $26,400 + tax and fees with 0% finance for 60 months like you.

I opt out of $4000 cash back and went with the 0% finance and paid no down payment at all. Everything was included in my loan so I bought a gap insurance in case of a totaled vehicle.

I think your deal was good. What do you think about mine?
  • bamadadbamadad Member Posts: 4
    Sounds good. What city and Dealer?? If I understand, you could have paid $22,400 if you chose the cash back. Is that right?

Good luck, I have had a solid 1994 JGC 4WD for the past 14 years, which I bought new in Sept 93 for about $23000 OTD. Amazing how prices haven't increased too much, at least in this one case, but deals are different.
    We live in wonderful state of Minnesota. This dealer happened to be located in Roseville, Minnesota which is just a suburb of Minnesota/St. Paul.

Yes I could have paid $22,400 if I wanted to get the cash back option (or if I were a savvy finance guy).

Glad to hear your good experience with Jeep. :)
    Have you considered about buying a 2007 model new GC? I don't think there are many changes between 2007 and 2008 plus you will get more incentives on 2007 compare to a 2008. It will also eliminate your worry about buying an early build of 2008. Just a thought!
    Thanks for the reply. The '08 had several things that I wanted that the 07 didn't have -- HID lights, MyGig, and nicer interior. The 08s currently have a promotion for free Mygig + Navigation ($792 value), which brings the rebates between the 08s and 07s a lot closer.

I ended up placing a factory order for a Limited 4x4 with the new 4.7L engine. Took about a month from the time I ordered to delivery (I'm in Sacramento, CA). I picked it up last week and I'm very happy with it.

The price was invoice. No negotiating. There wasn't a trade involved.
    Satisfaction is the bottom line, I am glad that you are happy. Enjoy!
    Thank you! Fingers crossed, I won't have any problems.
    I have a question for all the experts out there. I want to install this DVD Navigation unit in my 07 Grand Cherokee Laredo E package. After reading the specs, I have a hunch that my trim might not be 100% compatible for this unit. However, if I still buy the unit and replace my factory basic CD player, wouldn't I still be able to use the 6 disc CD part and the NAV system and give up other options that it comes with? Does not the unit come with all the "brain" it needs to operate or it need some more 'guts" that my trim is missing? Any thoughts? Thank you.

I went to a couple of dealership and they are giving me different information. Here is the link for the unit I am talking about:

http://www.mopar.com/m_acc_cat_part.jsp
  • naatz1naatz1 Member Posts: 188
    I also live in the same wonderful state of Minnesota but am 80 mi SE of you in Rochester. I pick up my 07 silver JGC Monday Nov 5, our local dealer did a swap with one I found at a dealer in your neck of the woods ... this is the 4th time in 10 years of new cars they have done this for us, so what the car has 100 mi on it if it's what I want!? (My father sadly is no longer around, but was a Chrysler retiree so most of our vehicles in the past 20 years have been of that brand, we also own a 300M).

Our Jeep's basically a loaded Laredo with the X pkg, 4.7L, Tow and Fortera tires. We have an 01 I6 Laredo that has treated us pretty well & we sold to our college Jr son for winter school driving. I strongly considered CUVs Hyundai Vera Cruz and Saturn Outlook (see my postings on the Outlook CUV forum if you are curious) but despite a smaller vehicle and V8 the Jeep won (as my wife put it, the kids are out of the house, why do we need a mini van sized vehicle?). I did get the following deal:

07 Laredo List 36,400 w/destination
    Minus 4000 rebate
    Minus 3500 affiliate supplier discount (available from the company I work for who is a Chrysler supplier)
    Plus $75 discount fee plus $500 advertising fee (those tick me off but I paid them using the employee discount too, and the discount company says they are legit).
    PRICE before tax ~$29500 and change.

The Saturn Outlook won the roominess and MPG award but the Jeep definetly had the comfort, "goodies", towing and value for money. I could have waited for an 08 with the new 4.7L, but the torque is about the same in the old 4.7 so as a boat tow vehicle I am optimistic saving >$2000 is worth it - 08 4.7s are hard to find and have only a $2k rebate, so far.

I will post more here and on the general JGC forum and a new owner review after a month or two as well. I hope you enjoy you new Jeep as well, we really liked our 01.
    08 4.7s are hard to find and have only a $2k rebate, so far.

In my zipcode (95827), the 08 4.7L's have a $3500 rebate. And add the free MyGig with Navigation offer, and the '08s make a lot of sense.
    I just checked jeep.com. I entered zipcode 55101 (which according to google is in MN). The 08 4.7L have a $3750 rebate in that zip code. The 07's 'only' have a $45000 rebate.
    $45000 rebate, hey then I can afford the Overland! :)

55901 is SE MN Rochester and 55455 is Minneapolis. Both now show a $3000 rebate on 08s on www.jeep.com through 12/5. But it seems to change weekly as last week it was $2000 which is what our dealer showed as of Weds too. Our dealer showed the 07 $4000 rebate expiring 10/31 but jeep.com showed 11/5 and now per the dealer a similar deal (same money, but handled different) goes into November. The extra $750 is only with Chrysler financing which we don't need. The bigger problem is finding a Laredo 4.7, there is only one within 100+ miles of us and not the color we want or even a backup color (and for some reason no Nav or Mygig listed for it either, unless again that is another NEW deal!?!). There are few Limited 4.7s as well, of course fetching thousands$ more. And remember the new MSRP of the 08 Laredo is $900 more as well, but the bigger problem is a glut of V6s and hemis, no new 4.7s.

Oh well, if I was looking 2 months from now I'd probably find a better deal ... or 2 years from now maybe a 30mpg JGC hybrid that tows 6500 lbs, ya sure you betcha.
    I hear you about the limited availability of the 08 4.7L. There aren't ANY 4.7L's anywhere near me. I ended up placing a factory order. It took 4 weeks, and I got exactly what I wanted.

In addition, you get the better of the rebates from when you placed the order or your GC arrives.
    I am glad that you bought the X package trim. Now that I have been driving for almost about a month, I kind of miss all those options that would have come with the X package. It is cheaper to get all the options when they are already included in the vehicle rather then installing them later. Enjoy!
    Yes, there are a lot of "goodies" here that I like, besides the trip computers, steering wheel controls and advanced audio (which we had in our 2001 JGC, but I like) my wife has her heated leather and now sunroof. There is a couple inches more room in this 2007 WK body than the older 2001 style JGC, so at 6'4" I fit, barely, with the seat all the way down even w/a sunroof. But she likes the sunroof and it does give more light and airiness to the interior plus I am sure like in our Chrys 300 we'll enjoy it in 5 months when it warms up again(argh).

So far in first 100 miles of driving to work in back, I am getting 15mpg city average, driving conservatively but playing with the remote start and yes it does start from my window at work ~ 300 feet away - NICE. I am contemplating trying it out on E85 ethanol before it gets too cold in SE MN. The night we picked it up gas went back over $3/gal, but a local chain dropped their E85 to $2.04, however I haven't even used 1/4 tank so I have a ways to go.

I will post here, the MPG forum and writeup a new owners review after a few weeks. My only minor disappointment so far is NOT in the Jeep but getting 4 different answers from 4 different sales and technical people on cost of ownership maintenance questions I asked prior to purchase. I should have asked but did not know the front/rear differentials needed 15000 mi fluid service, much more than my 2001 but my mistake "assuming" the new vehicle would have improved. That is a pain to get at so I may have to bite the bullet and have the techs or my family car repair man do it. I was told the plugs were 100k miles like on my Chrys 300, but NO, the 4.7L has 30k mile old style plugs. Bummer but I think I can get at those as I have usually done my own "simple stuff" like plugs, serpentines, coolant. Those again are minor things, nothing to worry about yet, very happy with our purchase. LET IT SNOW!
  • caraddict2caraddict2 Member Posts: 24
    Have an opportunity to buy 2003 Grand Cherokee with 22K miles for $8500.00. Sounds like a good deal to me what do you guys think.
    Looks pretty attractive. Make sure it's really 22K miles (however you do that).
    Our local bank black book for a 03 Laredo 4WD with 4.7L V8 lists
    $12,250 and trade in $2000 less. so I'd say around $11K private party is fair
    but you can look at Kelly Blue Book's web site for that.

Since I just bought a new on the lot 07 loaded Laredo for $29k plus tax, fees this week (see posting above) I sold my son our 2001 single owner 4WD I6 loaded Laredo with 82K miles for $7K and that was low book for that year/miles (but had to give the kid a good deal although he used his prior car sale to help!). Let it snow!
  • casolorzcasolorz Member Posts: 88
    I heard jeep is gonna let you put the diesel on the laredo, does anyone know when this will be? how much it will cost?
    The 3K rebate is excluded with the 0% financing, what about the 750 rebate for the navigation?
    You're safe there. The MyGig rebate is actually dealer cash. So it reduces the purchase price, so you can still use it with 0% financing.
    Nice!

Maybe I should post this at a different forum but anyway here it goes.
    If I want 0% financing should I first call chrysler financial and figure out if we qualify for it or should we do all that at the dealer? we can also do it at chrysler financial online but I am scared of how that may affect the price of the vehicle at the dealer?
    Sorry, can't help you there.

If you know your credit score, you should know what your credit is. Maybe you can jut call Chrysler Financial and say what is the minimum score to qualify for the 0% rebate? Obviously it's a non-binding answer, but it can give you an idea.

Finally, some of the salespeople and F&I guys on other discussions here can tell you what a Tier I and II are. Usually the 0% rates are only for those Tiers.

Good luck.
    I have started working with a dealer now which is giving me an 08 grand cherokee limited 4x4 (msrp 40770) for 36400 after all their fees with 0% for 60 months.
    Does this sound like a good deal? I had one which gave me slightly less but was also 10 hours away from me vs the 5 hours this dealer is so I am taking the closer deal.
    It's hard to tell w/o knowing the exact options you're ordering. For reference, I got a Limited 4x4 as well with MyGig Navigation (free with promotion), HID lights, and tow package for invoice. MSRP (incluiding fees of $40985). I got it invoice w/o any negotiating. In my case, it was $37276.

You shouldn't be paying around invoice. Find out what invoice pricing is for your WK here http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/jeep/grandcherokee/100909639/prices.html You don't have too many dealerships around you, so a bit over invoice is doable. I had 6 dealerships nearby.

Let us know how you do. I love mine. Get the MyGig. It's worth it and free until 12/03 (check the Jeep website).
    It has mygig nav, the gray metallic clear coat, trailer tow, OWL tires.
    I think invoice is 37206. I am getting it for 36400 after all their fees, so 36400 + county fees (tax, etc, 7.3 where I am at). I had several deals at invoice really quick however they all wanted to order it and I sort of need it now since I carmaxed mine a couple of weeks ago.
    Very nice. Go for it. Sounds like a really good deal. And since there's no trade involved, they are not making the profit there. Good for you.

Are you getting the 4.7L or the 5.7L? It's probably the 5.7L since it's hard to find the 4.7L in stock. I had to factory order mine. By the way, it only took 4 weeks from order time to delivery and I'm in Sacramento, CA.
    Its the 4.7 because I wanted it to be flex fuel. It was really hard to find which is why I am having to travel five hours. They said 4 weeks to order normally but on Xmas they close so it would take 8.
    Since you're looking for a 4.7L and you don't want to do a factory order, then you'll have to be a bit flexible in the price.

I'm not sure you're located, but I hope you're not in one of the following states: CA, NY, ME, MA or VT.

The 4.7L engine is not flex fuel capable in those states.
    Im in Kansas but I found the car in Nebraska, as far as it goes the deal is done and I am going there tomorrow to pick it up, hopefully nothing will go wrong. It had everything I wanted and the exact colors I wanted, just like ordering it, and only has 13 miles so I am guessing it hasn't been test driven much.
    Thanks for all your help.
  • asitmehtaasitmehta Member Posts: 19
    Hello, I am interested in a new 2008 Gr. Chek Laredo 4X4, with a 3.7L, 26X pkg, and a NAV system. The dealer quoted me $29,900. Is that a good price?
    what is the msrp? check edmunds for the invoice price, you should aim to be below invoice, I got my limited below invoice with all dealer fees included.
    I see you picked yours up. How do you like the 4.7L engine? I really like mine. Since I don't tow, I have no need for the HEMI.
    I love it so far, I haven't pushed the engine much since its so new but its really smooth and the few pushed I have given it have gotten a nice response.
    I got the towing package so I can tow almost as much as the HEMI and I get e85 so I am pretty happy.
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    I posted this in lease ?s, but it's not really a question so I will post here for all. Let me know if you think this is pretty good.

We were going to get a Chrylser 300C loaded, but decided to stick with what we've had for years: a Jeep. People can slam gas mileage and everything else, but when we go "up north" in Michigan the capability is incredible. Anyway, this is our 5th new Jeep (Commanders and GCs) and this has to be by far the best deal we've made.

2008 GC Overland 4WD, only option white letter tires
    MSRP: $44,325
    Sale Price: $36,903
    Net Cap Cost: $32,342 (liscense, acq, fees, taxes, rebates, 1st payment)

36 mos, 10,500 miles = 46% residual
    Rebates total: $6,000 (we're eligible for everything including Employee price/bonus)
    Monthly payment: $395 even including 6% tax
    Money factor: .00077 (a little high, but I know why and still 1.8%!)

$0 due at signing "Sign and Drive"

I pushed the price down some, but didn't have too much to push. Detroit region by the way. If you can get all the rebates and the EP pricing, this is hard to pass for a $44k SUV.
  • swede405swede405 Member Posts: 3
    I've got a firm offer on a Used 07 Grand Cherokee where I've been to the dealer. I just got a phone call from another dealer with a New 08 Deal (numbers are more flexible since I haven't talked with him yet). I can't buy both, so I've got to pick one. Here the deals are...I welcome your thoughts...

Used Deal
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    3.7L V6
    12.900 miles
    Black (ext) / Grey Cloth (int)
    Several scratches on exterior and one ding.
    Several scuffs and a small stain on interior.
    Clean Carfax report.
    $18,000 (I have my own financing)
    $5,500 for Trade in of 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee in good condition with one ding on exterior.

New Deal
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    3.7L V6
    Black (ext) / Grey Cloth (int)
    $22,298
    Haven't negotiated trade in value, but estimated at $6,000+

Thoughts...
    $4k difference between a used 07 with 130000 miles or a brand new 08? It's a no brainer for me. Get the 08.
    Thanks, but it's only 13,000 miles. Not sure if yours was a typo or misunderstanding. Thanks for the reply though...
    I agree with verdugo, get the 08. You have the V6 which did not change from 07 (I bought a new 07 vs 08 mainly because a month ago the 08 rebates were less and I actually did not want the re-engineered 4.7L as I am an engineer and know when you change something that's worked for 10 years in the first year something will go wrong!). You also get a Lifetime Powertrain warranty, and get better deals on things like Added Care (I got 7/70 for $600 on my 07 covering all major parts). There are some minor adds in the interior as well for the 08. Good luck!
    Yes, it was a typo. 13,000. And even if it was only 1,300 I'd say to get the 08.
    I mean $22,298 for an 08 GC is a good pricing comparing my deal and I was happy with my deal (well until now, j/k). I bought my 07 GC about couple of months ago just because 07 had a better promotion that time vs 08.The price that we negotiated to for my 07 GC was $22,400. So you are paying less than what i have paid for my 07 2 months ago. Even there are no major changes, your car will be alway one year yonger than mine. Plus your basic CD player will play MP3 formats which does not happen in my 07 model and it is driving my wife crazy already. Don't even think about buying the used 07. The extra 4 grand is well worth for your 3600 miles/3 years factory warranty and a lifetime power train warranty.
    Thanks for the replies
    I ended up getting the new '08 with several add-ons for $21,500 and still got $6k for my trade in. All I can say is shop the deal around. It worked for me and I ended up getting a better car than before for nearly $1,000 less. Of course it helped that the salesman I originally talked to on the phone tried to pull a bait and switch and I ended up working with the sales manager who was nice enough to work hard to keep a customer. FYI, I wouldn't expect that deal from another dealer, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks again for the advice.