Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sajeevmsajeevm Member Posts: 10
    Hello

I have a lease offer from a local dealer for 4WD Laredo with 26 X/NAV/power sliding roof/Rear DVD entertainment system at $ 525/Month plus tax with zero due at signing.

I am leasing for 36 months with 12 k miles/year.

Any inputs regarding this offer??

I am based in NJ

Thanks

Sajeev
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    edited December 2010
    I am looking to buy a Jeep grand Cherokee 4x4 Laredo 4wd V6 with 26x package.

Could someone tell me what I should pay for this vehicle? I was wondering what others have bought the jeep for with the same specs.

I assume there are no incentives/rebates yet either.

Thanks
    Steven
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    I have never leased a car before but am worried about normal wear and tear and what they consider normal wear and tear? Is there extra insurance you can get to cover scratches etc and is is expensive?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    Yes... there is "wear and tear" insurance that the dealer will sell you... It's a high mark-up item, that is fairly expensive, in my opinion...

We've turned in 7 leased cars.... and, other than excess mileage and disposition fees, the only charge I've ever had was for a busted cornering lamp ($70)...

If you like to bump into things with your car, and not fix the damage, then a lease may not be for you... otherwise, I wouldn't let the "normal wear and tear" thing bother me...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• frogleg311frogleg311 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Just to let everyone know, Jeep is offering 1.9% for up to 60 months for the month of December. I am getting ready to purchase a Jeep within the next few days.

2011 JGC Laredo 4x4
    26X Package
    Off Road Package I

MSRP = $37,945

We qualify for F&F $35,450

Dealer is offer it to us @ $35,000, they had to pay $350 to transport this car from Indianapolis. I am wondering if I can negotiate any lower. Any thoughts?

************Also has anyone received a $500 Gift Card toward Mopar items when they purchased their new JGC? This is a promo I've heard of but I think it is targeted.

Secondly, they are running a promo on Edmunds for $500 coupon toward the purchase of a new JGC, has anyone been able to get this??****************
  • none14none14 Member Posts: 4
    I have searched all the dealers within a 200 mile radius of Okla City and cannot find an Overland with the tan and black interior seen in the commercials. Is this just a teaser and doesn't really exist?
  • pbar2pbar2 Member Posts: 1
    This was the deal that I got on a lease. 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X package. MSRP $41,180. Paid $37,500. $795 acquisition fee. $279 doc fee. Residual Value 49% on 3 yr/36k lease. Money factor is .88% currently. Should have offered less apparently since they took my first offer.
  • jennlh81jennlh81 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All....

Just purchased a 2011 Grand Jeep Cherokee Limited. I'm in central CT. The only options I added to the Limited were the Inferno Red paint, the tow package IV, and the V8 Hemi. I "think" we got a good deal, wondering what you all think....

MSRP = $42, 950
    INVOICE = $41, 200

We got it for $39,422 plus the dealership paid the remaining $1300 of my lease.

Of course that doesn't include tax, title, dealer fee, etc. Plus we purchased the GAP insurance and extended warranty (6 years/72,000).
  • 1pt21jigowatts1pt21jigowatts Member Posts: 25
    That seems like a good deal to me. Nice job. Did you elect to go with dealer financing and if so what APR and term did you choose?
  • jennlh81jennlh81 Member Posts: 2
    We financed through the dealer....

72 mos. @ 4.79%

I think we did well, compared to what they're selling for within a 100 mile radius....But you talk to other people and begin to second guess....
  • verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    edited January 2011
    and extended warranty (6 years/72,000).

What were the details on the warranty? Jeep warranty or 3rd party? Deductible? How much did they charge for it? How much does it cover?

How much for the GAP coverage?

Assuming that they didn't screw you on the warranty/GAP coverage, it looks like a good deal.
  • dvp16dvp16 Member Posts: 15
    My laredo x stickered for 40, 820 and i paid just under 37. Remember the invoice they usually show you is not the manufacturer invoice. I also got another 1% off as my wife works at lexus nexus and they have a purchase program with many companies.
  • pcmanpcman Member Posts: 8
    We just bought a 2011 Overland, 2wd, 6cyl. Sticker was 39160. The plan was to lease. 3500 down and $560/ mo for 36mo. We ended up buying for $37600. 3500 down, 538/ mo for 72m. Of course they then sat us down to pitch the extra wtty, etc. which we ended up buying along with the accelerated payment plan. Final 568.32/ mo. Dont know if we got a good deal or not but we're pleased.
    Congrats. What's an accelerated payment plan?
  • mrlddstmrlddst Member Posts: 10
    I just came from the dealer in Chesapeake, VA. They had a black overland with the interior you described.
  • straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    Thanks for the info--what are the specs on your Laredo X? 4WD or 2wd? etc.
  • nyjeepgcnyjeepgc Member Posts: 5
    Long Island, NY....just purchased GC Laredo x package plus with Nav, power sunroof. Before taxes and fees, got it for 35,500. And financed at 1.9 for 60 months. I would say this was a good deal for the research I've done but I see a lot of people here have gotten some great deals as well. Good for you all and glad I could compare here while shopping around. I hope this info helps someone else!
  • waggy1waggy1 Member Posts: 2
    2011 grand cherokee limited, 4x2, mineral gray/black, v6, trailer package (I don't tow, only one available on lot in mineral gray) msrp $38,080. No loyalty rebate, $33,700 plus ttl, 2.9% for 60 months........gosh, I want to, should I? Already tried to go lower, dealer says take it or leave (nicely though, they've actually been pleasant to this point)....thanks
  • dredma1dredma1 Member Posts: 6
    TAKE IT - best deal ive seen yet
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    Excellent specs on that Jeep. I would def take the offer before it's gone. Its a better deal than what I could get with my Chrysler Affiliates discount. Can't say I'm not jealous.
  • myonenickelmyonenickel Member Posts: 19
    Looking to buy X package. Can you tell me the dealership that offered you this great deal?
  • ljlmjlljlmjl Member Posts: 5
    What is a good price for a Jeep 2011 lardo 26x package in NJ
  • mkd61mkd61 Member Posts: 1
    In LI too. Can I ask what dealer you got that deal at? I'm looking for a similar model and haven't found a deal that good.

Thanks.
  • nolanolenolanole Member Posts: 2
    Just got an price in Louisiana for a JGC Laredo X with Nav and sunroof. V6 4x2, in Stone White with the Greystone interior. MSRP $36,240 and he immediately went to $33,240. They didnt have it on the lot, says they'll have it on Monday. I think it looks like a pretty good deal. I hate haggling, think $3,000 off is reasonable. What do y'all think?
  • steve358steve358 Member Posts: 12
    does anyone know if lease rates stayed the same for may?
    If he started at that price, there is usually room to haggle a little lower. That said, it is a good price in my opinion. I paid a bit more in NY, so I think you are getting a good deal.
  • tmadeltmadel Member Posts: 1
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V-6 Quick Order Package 26P and Trailer Tow Group

Comes with Goodyear Forteras (are these really on/off road tires?)

MSRP $42,690

Offered at $39,896
  • wmor888wmor888 Member Posts: 7
    The dealer today offered me the following deal on a 2011 JGC that was the owners car and has 3k miles on it. I would not be penalized on the miles.
    39 months
    10k miles per year
    $3500 total due at signing.
    $359 a month all in (including tax, etc.)

They told me I am only getting such a good deal because they want to move the car and it has 3k miles already on it. Is this a deal that I should jump on? The color is the dark blue which I like but is not my favorite. Willing to live with it though if I am getting a great deal on it.

Can anyone offer some advice on whether I should do the deal? This is a base Jeep - cloth seats, no sunroof. Only thing it does have is the convenience package - remote starts, garage opener, bluetooth, etc.
    I don't think that is a great deal. That seems to be the average leasing deal with a brand new vehicle and even though it only has 3,000 on it, it's still used! What model is it? I would inisist at least 500 off the downpayment and keep the monthly payment amount and/or ask for at least 12,000 miles a year. You should be getting a little more for your money, IMO.
    I agree with you NYJEEPGC.

So I spoke to the dealer about a new one. He has a base Laredo E (cloth seats, no options) just delivered to his lot. He proposed the following
    39months
    10k year
    $3300 total due at signing
    $369 total due each month

I proposed back to him the following
    39 months
    10k year
    $2500 total due at signing
    $369 total due each month

Any thoughts as to whether his proposal is fair and if mine is too aggressive or a good deal? Thanks for the help!
    I think your offer is more than fair for him. I would actually consider going elsewhere if he is bartering so much. I'd walk in saying "give me your best bottom line deal so I can decide or go elsewhere!"

Consider that your offer is paying off more than half the value of that vehicle and they are getting it back after 39 months (total you would pay = 16,891 and that vehicle is worth about 33,000 estimated). Also, I am not sure how much you drive, but a standard lease is 12,000 miles a year for 36 months. So he is actually extending how many payments you will make into the value and not allowing you to drive it as much as a standard lease mileage allows. I would imagine you drive a lot of miles if you are in a rural area - something more to consider! You don't want to go over the miles at the end. Allowing you 12,000 miles a year is nothing big for the dealer, so I would insist on it.

You might want to start fresh with a new dealer and go in hard ball with what YOU want from them instead of them telling you how great a deal they are offering. I really hate when they do that. I shopped around dealers before figuring out who was BSing me! lol Best of Luck
    I only drive 8k a year or so. Just a weekend car.

The deal said he is basing the lease at $200 over invoice. Seems like a good deal to me. It is the dark charcoal with black cloth interior.

MSRP is $33,040
    Residual is $17,157

I am going back one last time to see if he can do $369 all in each month with even $300 due at signing. If he is saying he is $200 over invoice then taking $300 more off may not be possible?

This deal seems pretty eager to do a deal. Out of the blue question, but are there any other dealer things I could ask for to squeeze out of the deal if the price can't go much lower...ie throw in some floor mats, bumper guards, free detail, whatever...? Any suggestions are appreciated.
    ...sorry, mean and even $3,000 (NOT $300) out of pocket
  • jeepwhite12jeepwhite12 Member Posts: 2
    Picked up my new Overland today. Dark Charcoal Pearl Coat,beige interior,Trailer group,730 media cente,6 cyl. Had installed by dealer mopar chrome running boards and chrome fog light bezels. Total was 37,474.00 including everything but tax. Got finacing of 2.10 for 60 months thru local bank. This sounded good as seems under invoice.
    How does the color look? Getting close to pulling the trigger on the same color.

Does the V6 have plenty of pick up on the highway?

Congrats!
  • jeepwhite12jeepwhite12 Member Posts: 2
    Color looks great,when the sun hits takes on a lighter color. Came out of Lowes and husband and wife started up a conversation on how nice the color was and how sharp the running boards looked. I have no problem with pick up on highway,its good enought for me. Owned a 09 overland with hemi and would take the v6. I especially like the air cooled seats and the digital spedo in the middle of the dash. Chrysler has already called me and asked how I like the vehicle. The only thing I would go back to is the grab handles on the front windshield pillar as previous models not above the doors in front. Oh and yes I already had the dreaded No Key Detected on my dash at KFC yesterday. Took approx 25 min to start after previous attempts so now I am carrying both fobs until I take it in.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    Oh and yes I already had the dreaded No Key Detected on my dash at KFC yesterday. Took approx 25 min to start after previous attempts so now I am carrying both fobs

I guess it's true... fried food is bad for you... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, you can ask for free oil changes. If I am not mistaken, the manual says recommended every 7,000 miles, so it wouldn't be that many for them to give you, but would save you a little more money in the long run.

Just BTW, one cheap thing my dealer did was give me my car with 1/4 tank of gas. I thought that was poor customer appreciation and not something I thought to ask for (full tank when picking it up).
  • bamapookiebamapookie Member Posts: 1
    That sounds like a good price. Was it 2wd or 4wd, and where was the purchase (i.e. what general area)?
  • jrhunklerjrhunkler Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    2011 Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD V8 Hemi Lease

> 39 months
    > 12k mi/yr
    > $3k total out of pocket (including 1st payment)
    > $585/mo taxes included (10k mi/yr was $562 taxes incl)

(MSRP was $43,450.00 They said they sold the vehicle to me at $1500 under invoice, last day of month, blah blah blah... but it's by far the best deal I was quoted)

Link to my new GC: http://www.wallacejeep.com/new/Jeep/2011-Jeep-Grand+Cherokee-da8418890a0a000201a- - cb7da40e3ddfd.htm
  • strokeoluck2strokeoluck2 Member Posts: 91
    We're in MN and looking at a 2011 JGC Limited with towing package, 20" wheels and heated seats (might be std?). There might be a small option or two I'm missing but this is the bulk of them that I can recall. Sticker is $41,850. Dealer is offering me $39,937 (all prices before TTL). Edmunds indicates fair price is ~$39,500 and says dealer invoice is ~$38,850.

I don't need to squeeze dealer for every last penny on this deal. I just want a fair price and a quick, hassle-free transaction. We would buy the vehicle; probably take financing at first but then pay it off within 12 months so not overly concerned with interest rate/terms.

What's a fair price? Thanks!
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Strokoluck2,
    We leased an identical 2011 GC Ltd 4x4 V6 (w/ trailer hitch and 20in wheels), and the negotiated sales price to calculate the lease was $700 below invoice (not inclusive of taxes, title, and registration). I had several other dealers offer anywhere from $500 under to $700 over invoice. I'm in San Diego, and we leased from Bob Baker Jeep. We are extremely happy with the dealership and the vehicle. Best of luck!

Cheers!
  • strokeoluck2strokeoluck2 Member Posts: 91
    Thanks!
  • mhgmhg Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    I just got a quote on a black 4x4 6 cylinder Overland with luxury package, 20 inch tires, and the 730 nav for $38717 plus $389 processing, taxes and titling. The lease deal is for $3734 down, $610 a month and 39 months at 39,000 miles. Is that a good deal?
  • christuttlechristuttle Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Hey mhg,

I ran your numbers (with a few unknowns) through the calculator on http://www.ridewithg.com/calculator/index.html and came up w/ a number much much less on the car you mentioned above.

I assumed the down payment would come out of the sale price you mentioned lowering the sale price to $34983 and I based it off my local sales tax of 6.85% and came out with a total monthly payment of $473/mo. (see screenshot here: http://cl.ly/7obZ)

I based the money factor off the info I got on http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2011/06/2011-jeep-lease-rates-june-2011/ where you can find the most up to date money factors and residuals for any given make and manufacturer.

So based on that calculation, and assuming i'm not missing something completely obvious you could probably negotiate a better deal that what they're offering you.

If I am missing something please let me know, I am just learning all this information about leasing but have found some really great resources (this site is one of them) and hope to save a lot of money on my next lease, and hopefully this will help you save some money on yours.

Let me know if that sounds accurate or if I'm missing anything.

Thanks,

Chris">link title
  • adam3477adam3477 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee X package. Here is the offer I negotiated on the table.

They will buy out my existing lease payments ( approx $1200)
    Get me into an X package with Nav $MSRP $37,825 i think it was
    Selling me the car for $33,972 ($3,853 off MSRP)
    $2600 total Out of pocket
    $439/ month for 39 month ( tax in )
    12k miles a year.

IS this a good deal or should I keep shopping?

thanks!
  • clrvclrv Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    So I was on my way to the Volvo dealership to purchase the XC60 and thought we would look at the Grand Cherokee. The only thing they had with the option we wanted was a loaded Overland.

MSRP was $48,370
    They would sell it to me for $42,931 plus doc fee of $199.50.

Is this a good price? They came up with this price to match the price of the Volvo. Have any of you compared these to or have owned both.
  • rkurlanderrkurlander Member Posts: 58
    Run as fast as you can from the Jeep dealer. I've had two Jeep Grand Cherokees in the past 15 years. Total crap. There is no comparison between the two. You will be very happy with the Volvo XC60.
  • clrvclrv Member Posts: 2
    Wow thanks for the heads up. I would not have thought that. I know nothing about jeeps so thanks again for the info!!!
    Don't listen to a single person. I've had great luck with my GC.

Just like rkulander had bad luck with his Jeeps, I'm sure you can find tons of people who had problems with their Volvos.

Whatever you buy, do your research! And take everybody's opinion with a grain of salt.