Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1272829303133»

Comments

• artvanartvan Member Posts: 1
    Fullerton Chrysler Somerville, NJ quoted me a price of $28,697 on a Town & Country Touring- L Model. MSRP $35020 includes Drivers Convenience Package 29J, Dual Screen DVD and Navigation. I work for a affiliate company. So i was eligible for 1% below invoice, bringing down the price to $33,197. They offered $4500 in rebates. $1000 Customer Cash, $1000 Trade in Allowance, $2500 for financing with Ally - Regular Finance 1.9 APR for 84 months. They said, the rebates would change today. Hoping for a better rebate this month. Let me know if its a good deal.
  • reddog1473reddog1473 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    I am after a TC-L with a dealer in the STL area. I work for an affiliate company and qualified for the 1% below invoice. They offered me $1750 rebate and $1000 trade in for a total of $30736. Am I missing anything else? How hard is it to get the Ally incentive? Are May incentive/rebates good? i worried I am going to get killed on my trade and i need that cash for helping me finance less. Is this a good deal? Appreciate the help!

Vehicle -Touring-L
    Customer Preferred Package 29L
    DVD
    Nav
    Super Console

MSRP $35420
  • jal183jal183 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    Speaking of "killed in the trade," the dealer TOTALLY lowballed my trade. As in, NOT EVEN IN THE BALLPARK lowballed. After I got their offer, took my trade in to get an offer from some other dealers (including Carmax.) Turns out that the original trade in offer was about 30% below what I got from some competitors.

Interesting note - as I was shopping around got a call from the Chrysler dealer who made the original offer. I could tell they FREAKED when they heard I was out price shopping at other dealers. After I hung up the phone, I got a call back 15 minutes later - "My manager authorized me to find a way to meet the best offer you've got."

And, before you mention it, I know I could have probably netted around another $500 if I sold it privately but I wasn't interested in the hassle.
  • reddog1473reddog1473 Member Posts: 5
    After looking at your deal you got a good one. I ended up getting the Touring-l Convenience package, 29J, media center 730N for $31,313 excluding TTL. I think I left some money on the table but i did get Kelley Blue Book excellent for my trade.
  • 007bing007bing Member Posts: 7
    Took a few test drives of each. I had never been in a Sienna in all these years. Always a Dodge or Chrysler buyer. My last 4 family cars have been either T&C or Grand Caravan. So, my natural thought was to go to the Chrysler dealer and look at the new 2012 T&C vans. Here are my pros and cons:

1) T&C (test drove the Touring-L and Limited)
    PRO:
    - Lots of stuff in this van. Navigation, DVD in middle and back. Leather, and I
    really liked those blind spot sensors. Don't know how well they work.
    - Strong engine. Highway speed faster than in my Dodge GC, 2005.
    - Transmission shifted just fine.
    - Sto and Go seats. LOVE EM.

CON: A lot of con
    - Cheap CHEAP CHEAP materials. Where the jack was located it had a plastic cover
    that didn't even meet the panel hole with the tab. Not loose. Just made that way.
    - Padding in leather seats have gone minimalist. I had to ask the guy, "Is this leather
    or vinyl?" Getting out of the van, I touched bottom on that leather seat. A lot of pieces
    had plenty of movement making me wonder how long it would last.
    - For me, too much stuff going on in the instrument cluster. LOTS OF stuff in there. Not
    a very clean presentation. I just did not like the speed display in the middle(digital)
    and then another speed display to the right(analog). I'd probably get used to it.
    - I opened the hood and closed it . Wow! What a tinny sound. They really cut a corner
    on that sheet metal.
    - Somewhat new engine design. A con for me. Not sure about others.
    - I didn't care much for the homelink buttons on the visor. Not enough room for fat
    fingering with a bit dirty hands. I can see that visor spot quickly getting dirty.
    - Display panel cutout for the digital speedometer was not straight. It was off kilter a bit.
    Second one I drove was not like that.

2) Sienna LE and XLE Premium:
    PRO:
    - Engine was great. Transmission shifted fine.
    - LOTS of legroom in the back. A function of non-Sto and Go I think.
    - Clean instrumentation panel.
    - No gaps I found offhand. (although, the van in showroom had a cracked piece of
    plastic from where the "8th" seat is stored. i was thinking that could be a problem
    then.)
    - Good padding on seats. No bottoming out on exit.
    - The wide 16.4 inch DVD in the premium was quite nice.

CON:
    - Cheaper materials than in preceding Toyotas I've had. Not as cheap as the Chrysler.
    - You have to take out middle seats and store them in the garage if you need the space
    to haul something.
    - WAY less stuff on Sienna for a bit higher price. I really liked those Chrysler blind
    spot mirrors.
    - Who in the world can sit in that 8th seat? No one. It's too small. It cannot even fit a
    child seat.

I'm disgusted at the cheapness that both vans have. I have Toyota cars before and this is the cheapest material I've seen in any of them. EVERYONE is cutting corners too much. What happened to quality stuff? Did the Japanese start using the American model or what? My 2005 Dodge GC doesn't have flimsy junk like the 2012 T&C. Like it or not, that's my two cents on the two vans I drove. I was really really debating the two until yesterday when I decided to put an offer in on a Sienna LE. The 0% financing at Chrysler was really tempting, too. I liked the navigation and dvd stuff for the price.
  • 007bing007bing Member Posts: 7
    No one must be shopping for T&C vans and the current owners are out riding in them constantly...so they can't come here and chat about what a great van they have.
  • nokoninokoni Member Posts: 1
    Thinking of making an offer on a T&C Touring-L but not really sure what to offer. The one I'm after has the following option add-ons.

-Driver Convenience Group
    - Dual Screen DVD Entertainment System
    - UConnect 730N with the navigation

Looks like adjusted internet price for this van is $31,200, which is well below what Edmunds is saying is the true value. So there's some sort of disconnect there.

Anyways, does anyone know if Ally is still offering rebates for using their financing?

I'd like to get the price in the low $28,000 range. Would you just contact the internet department and say 'Hey, I'll give you $28,000 for that van'? Would they take me seriously? I think this price range is doable from some of the posts I read.

I'm not a very good negotiater and am just looking for some help and pointers.

Thanks.
  • jwreichjwreich Member Posts: 8
    We just purchased a used 09 T&C with 32k miles. It was locally owened and serviced and I called the previous owner when I found his name and number in the glove box. The wife gave the all clear so we bought it.

Came with touring package
    Dual screen DVD
    Separate DVD player as well as the fancy fold down face in dash DVD player
    Back up camera
    Cloth seats

They had it listed for 20,950
    Paid $18,600

Bought a Chrysler extended service plan (Premium) after I cancelled the junk sold to me by the Honda dealer. I walked in and cancelled it the next day.

Anyway, my wife really likes the car. We had them put new tires on all 4 corners, new battery, new wiper blades, fresh oil change, 4 wheel alignment and of course a full detail.

The precious owner hadn't even taken the ear phones and remote out of the plastic and box. We are excited.
  • artdrartdr Member Posts: 2
    I decided to go with the T&C Touring base model because of the price. I had seen some local places advertise it for 20,995, but that is strictly if you are in the military and a Chrysler employee. I also test drove the Sienna, but the pricing was probably $5K more for the similar options. The DVD option on the Sienna is $2400! The base models are drying up, so I decided to buy sooner rather than later.

My "base" T&C has the following std options:
    Back-up cam
    40GB hard drive for MP3s
    Rear dvd with 2 headsets

I picked up a Pearl Black with Black interior T&C for $25219 plus tax, title and license.

The base model has an MSRP of 30,930. I received friends and family pricing. Toledo OH has several chrysler plants, so they give F&F pricing to everyone. I also got the $1750 cash back instead of the financing, and $1000 cash back for lease termination bonus cash. I turn in my Toyota Camry in October and they give you cash for switching brands.

I was working with a dealer in Sylvania, OH, and the best price he could give me was $25,762. The day I came in to sign the papers, he told me they didn't have the car in the color I wanted and that both cars that met my specs had been sold the day before. They tried the ol' bait and switch, and I wasn't buying it.

So I called a dealer 45 min away in Archibold OH, I told them the price and the financing I had qualified for and they agreed to sell me the car at that price. So I show up and they tell me that the numbers actually worked out to paying $25219 AND they got me a lower interest rate. (2.99% for 72 months instead of 3.5%). I ended up taking the 75 months at 3.09%. Monthly came out to $410 a month. In any case, I am a very happy customer.
  • gauger01gauger01 Member Posts: 13
    I have been thinking about buying a 2012 T&C later this year, but now am concerned that since this will be the last year for T&C that the availability of vehicles will be getting more scarce.

The 0% finance offer expires 9/04/12. Does anyone expect Chrysler to renew that? I was originally planning to buy in Oct/Nov timeframe.
  • artdrartdr Member Posts: 2
    It depends if you are particular about color. My wife really wanted blue, but 6 dealerships within a 150 mile radius had none at the price I wanted. Seems like there are plenty of red and cashmere color. There were plenty of town and countries in a higher trim level. Pretty sure they will continue the financing, and prices will get cheaper. My lease was up in October, but I bought now to make sure we got the t&c we wanted.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you bought a Chrysler "Man Van" like this one http://edmu.in/Nyzoly (Grand Caravan R/T) a reporter would love to chat with you about it. Please email [email protected] no later than Wednesday, October 10, 2012 and include your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• adb280zadb280z Member Posts: 11
    Meant to post here.
  • lily14lily14 Member Posts: 1
    Husband just bought me a new 2013 T&C Touring. Both retired. Had been seriously looking at Outbacks. Have had two previous vans and being retired wanted something different. Cost, options, interior space and sitting higher were the final determining factors on getting T&C. Having heated seats put in as we plan on lots of traveling. Can't say we got a deal, but we don't like to haggle. $27,250 plus tax and license. Very happy and comfortable.
  • marine2marine2 Member Posts: 1,155
    edited April 2013
    It was a manager's special with 3,000 miles on it. But they knocked off $7,000.00 and I got it for $27,000.00. About the same as what my old 2005 Dodge GC cost me. My God what a difference between the two. It has the delux consol, blind spot and cross path detection. Park Sense,rear park assist, rain sesative wipers, auto dim lights, tire pressure monitoring sensor, double security alarms,Sirus radio, Unconnect430 CD/DVD/Mp3/HDD, 40 gig hard drive, keyless entry with immoblizer, automatic highbeam control, uconnect Voice Command with Blue Tooth, fuel optimizer calibration, remote start, side roll down curtains, Park View rear backup camera, tilt/telescoping steering column, 3zone automatic A/c, steering wheel mount audio controls, leather seats, dual electric front seats, plus all the things that come with all Dodge/Chrysler minivans. It has a beautiful grey and beige interior.

To top it off, I bought the Maximum Care Package for around $2,300.00 that gives me Life Time bumper to bumper warranty on everything but wear items. The package includes shocks, small dent repair, towing/roadside assistance, with $1,000.00 trip interrupt protection and car rental allowance up to $175.00. With only a $100.00 deductable.

I got so much more than I ever got on my 2005 Dodge GC for almost the same price. Love the deluxe consol, so much storage in it. I had good luck with the Dodge. I only had to replace the window washer container, as it got a crack in it from a flying stone and one wire broke on the rear fold down seat leg, that pulled one leg of the seat into the floor when stowed.
  • thedragonsmeowthedragonsmeow Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I just bought (put down a deposit, but they have to transfer the color I want) the 2013 T&C Touring, and the price was something like 26k and change, but after the trade in ($4500) the "Drive Off" price including taxes and whatnot we paid something like 21k. I was happy with the deal. I should be able to pick it up on Monday. :-)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Did you recently purchase a car from the Detroit 3 (GM, Ford or Chrysler) after avoiding these domestic vehicles in the past? What made you change your mind? A reporter would like to ask about your experience. If you can help, please contact [email protected] by Friday April 26th 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• aksebnaksebn Member Posts: 15
    Getting ready to buy the 2013 Chrysler town and country touring van
    Msrp. $31,090
    Sale price $25,934
    Trade. $9500. (2009 Hyundai elantra. 35,000 miles good condition )
    Total $16,434. + tax and fees
    Out the door. $17,814.43
    Is this a good deal? Or can I do better?
  • gavrikgavrik Member Posts: 51
    Don't forget to take advantage of $1000 rebate from Edmunds. Make sure you apply for it BEFORE you purchase your new van or it will become invalid.
  • aksebnaksebn Member Posts: 15
    I did apply. Hoping it works sounds almost too good to be true. The car dealership knew nothing about it. Crossing my fingers. That will make our deal $1000 better.
  • seepicseepic Member Posts: 7
    Can you please share what rebate it is? I did a search on Edmunds.com couldn't find it. Thanks.
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    I took advantage of this offer myself but can't find it on the site anymore. It was showing up when you looked at other mini van info.
  • dbc99dbc99 Member Posts: 1
    I found this forum useful when shopping & now that I have purchased I wanted to chime in-

Bought new 2013 T&C touring a few days ago.
    Included the tow package & also the Uconnect 730n navigation system.
    I used Penfed's truecar car buying service & paid $27209 before TTL.
    My financing is 0.74% / 48 months when using this service (seems like a very good deal)
    I did trade in another car for $5000 trade value.

Currently truecar shows:
    price estimate: $29427
    'great price' = less than $30251
    'unusually low price' = less than $28899

I think this may have been an early 2013 that had sat on the dealer's lot for many months, which may have led to more discounts, but not certain on that. According to truecar at least it was a good deal. I actually think I could have negotiated a bit more on the price but didn't have the time or energy.
  • paysensmompaysensmom Member Posts: 8
    2013 limited with luxery group, towing group and uconnect

MSRP $44,630

offer $38,212

We would trade our 2010 limited T & C with tow package and uconnect. We owe $17,026

They offered $35,282 before TTL and processing.

Seems like I should be able to get better than that. What do you think?
  • seiowacloneseiowaclone Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a new Chrysler TC Limited Saturday in the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri, Preferred Package 29x, Silver with Black/Light Graystone interior. Out the door price, not including T/L was $36,469, MSRP was $43,185. I spent a day last week, on the Chysler web site, looking for dealers within 250 miles of our house, that had a Limited in Silver with the light colored seats. I found one in Missouri and two in Minn.

What do people think, good deal, or should we have waited?

Thanks
  • ekin1ekin1 Member Posts: 1
    Not a lot of posting here, but anyway. Picked up a touring-L with nav (730N), driver convenience and 3rd row dvd.

MSRP 36,115
    Paid 29,500 plus TTL.
  • johnnyb01johnnyb01 Member Posts: 2

bump for current info, looking at buying one of these for my wife and trying to get an idea of the "best" deals out there...seems as tho chrysler isn't doing any purchase incentives as of 3-4-3014

• lata1lata1 Member Posts: 9
    Looking for Twon and country 2015 lease , trim S ....
    anybody can help me with what is the current MF and RV ? what would a good deal be ?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555
    lata1 said:

anybody can help me with what is the current MF and RV ? what would a good deal be ?

What lease term? How many miles per year?

Won't be able to model a payment without knowing the MSRP and sale price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I am looking 36 months , 12 k/year

thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    lata1 said:

lata1 said:

I am looking 36 months , 12 k/year

thanks

.00012 MF and 48% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

are these numbers the same for the Touring trim ?
    lata1 said:

are these numbers the same for the Touring trim ?

Those are last month's numbers..

January: 36 mo, 12K/yr

S: .00013 MF and 51% residual
    Touring: .00021 MF and 53% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ombarr96ombarr96 Member Posts: 59
    Could you please reply back on the lease rates for a 2015 Town & Country Touring for 36 months/15,000 per year for Texas ZIP 76006? Also, can any advertised dealer discount be applied/combined/stacked with a Chrysler Capital lease or is the dealer discount strictly for a purchase? There is a Chrysler dealer nearby that is discounting $7,000 off all in-stock 2015 Town & Country Touring minivans this weekend. Thank you in advance for the great information.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555
    ombarr96 said:

Could you please reply back on the lease rates for a 2015 Town & Country Touring for 36 months/15,000 per year for Texas ZIP 76006? Also, can any advertised dealer discount be applied/combined/stacked with a Chrysler Capital lease or is the dealer discount strictly for a purchase? There is a Chrysler dealer nearby that is discounting $7,000 off all in-stock 2015 Town & Country Touring minivans this weekend. Thank you in advance for the great information.

.00021 and 51%for 36/15.

Can't tell you if the incentives are available for a lease; understanding Chrysler incentives and whether they are stackable or not requires a lot of patience.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,863
    unfortunately, there is nothing easy about the way they stack. However, the dealer has a very easy and transparent tool to figure it out, and my salesperson and the sales manager had no issue with me watching them click through it. They have a list of all incentives on their computer and as they click one, it will grey out those that don't stack.

Truecar was fairly accurate for me when checking on the incentives, but there were a couple that were certainly confusing. Looking at that in my area, I find $7k off hard to believe. Even after adding conquest cash ($1k) and retail cash ($2k), it comes up with $5700 off a Touring-L with some other options. There is another $1k loyalty cash, but that's obviously not stackable with the conquest cash.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited January 2015
    Check out the break down of incentives below . Leasing may net you 6k to 7k in (incentives) depending on your area and certain qualifications. USAA member or Realtors incentives.

With all these incentives going on I would call directly to this dealerships internet dept and speak with them to break down what your entitled to BEFORE GOING TO DEALERSHIP. If dealer wont breakdown then go to dealership for details.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2015/Chrysler/Town-and-Country/4dr-Wgn-Touring/Incentives-and-Rebates

Check out Don Davis dodge for a match/ beat price........................ Excellent dealership

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Thanks to all for replying. My situation is I have a 2012 Honda Odyssey LX with 37K at the end of its 36 month lease. I have 1 last payment of $295 due 2/8/2015. My maturity date with Honda Financial is 3/8/2015. I have not had any luck get a similar deal obtaining a 2015 Odyssey LX from the dealership that leased me the 2012 Odyssey LX. My quote for a 2015 Odyssey LX for 36 months/15,000 miles per year with no trade but rolling in all TT&L but only giving them 1st month's payment is approximately $400/month. I believe I can take advantage of the $1,000 Conquest Bonus Cash (since I currently lease a Honda Odyssey) and the $1,000 Leasing Bonus Cash. To me it sound like I can take $9,000 off MSRP when it is all said and done ($7,000 dealer discount + $1,000 Conquest Bonus Cash + $1,000 Leasing Bonus Cash). Sounds simple but it is very difficult to secure this explicitly stated in writing even with an internet sales director. Please advise. Thanks again.
    One last detail is that my current Honda lease allowed for 36 months/15,000 miles per year thus allowing me a total of 45,000 miles for the entire lease. Thus, I am not over in excess mileage but very under my 45,000 mile allotment at my current mileage of 37,000 miles. Thanks.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited January 2015
    ombarr96

Pay off the balance of last months lease. Go to the Dodge/ Chrysler dealership with a big pad and pen. Write down exactly how much in incentives your entitle to. Ask dealer to meet your target price of 500 below dealers invoice plus any incentives that apply to you. Write down all the numbers before leaving including leased numbers. Then go to Honda and do the same thing. Go home that night sit down and figure what vehicle gives you the best deal.

Your best deal might be a leased T&C with all those incentives.

If you were buying vehicles I would say go with the Honda. Better reliability, quality over time with much better resale value.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• reggfreggf Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    I got a decent lease quote on a touring-L yesterday, but am curious to know what the lease numbers and incentives are for my area 55379. I am looking 36/15. Also, wondering if the limited or limited platinum have different residuals or better incentives....chrysler a own web site almost makes it seem the limited platinums lease out cheaper..I did see they had a 1500 lease cash applied.. It seems the lease numbers are way better than they were a couple months ago or something.
    reggf said:

I got a decent lease quote on a touring-L yesterday, but am curious to know what the lease numbers and incentives are for my area 55379. I am looking 36/15. Also, wondering if the limited or limited platinum have different residuals or better incentives....chrysler a own web site almost makes it seem the limited platinums lease out cheaper..I did see they had a 1500 lease cash applied.. It seems the lease numbers are way better than they were a couple months ago or something.

Touring-L: .00017 MF and 53% residual
    Limited Platinum: .00022 MF and 50% residual

Doesn't look like they have a viable lease program for the Limited model.

I don't have the incentive information, but you can check Edmunds information by using the Car Research tab at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bandc300mbandc300m Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm looking for the current lease rates on a 2015 Touring-L for 36 or 39 months at 15,000 miles per year.

Thanks in advance!
    bandc300m said:

Hi, I'm looking for the current lease rates on a 2015 Touring-L for 36 or 39 months at 15,000 miles per year.

Thanks in advance!

.00010 MF and 47% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $3500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bandc300mbandc300m Member Posts: 5
    Thanks, kyfdx.

I just got a detailed lease worksheet from my dealer. I get Employee Price, so the base price on an MSRP of $37880 is $34389. They are showing the $3500 rebate, and the residual is 47% just as you said. They also are charging tax on the rebate, which I think is required here.

However, under the Interest Factor section, they show a "Published" rate of 0.0001 as you said, but a "Sell Rate" of 0.00035, which is what they used in calculating the payment. I do notice that there is no Acquisition Fee. Do you know if the higher money factor is used because of no Acquisition Fee?

Bottom line, with absolutely zero down, the 36 month / 15,000 per year payment would be $431.25 including tax. Tax rate here is 6.75%. Still seems high to me.