Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited April 2014 in Lexus
What kind of deal did you get for your Lexus LS?

Comments

• ron36330ron36330 Member Posts: 69
    Karen;
         I purchased my 03 LS 430 UL in Oct 02. The car was equipped with the UL pkg, Chrome wheels, Wheel Locks, Trunk Mat and touch up kit. The price was $68,000.00.
         I did all my shopping over the internet and final negotiations over the phone.
         The dealer experience was excellent. No haggling, the quoted price was the actual price, sales personnel were polite and at delivery everything was explained. Follow up service has been exceptional.
          I purchased the car at Reinhardt Lexus in Montgomery, Alabama.
    Hope this is what you are looking for.
    Ron
  • viskhaviskha Member Posts: 35
    I noticed on lexusus.com that they are selling '04 LS430s (any exterior and interior colors) for $55,349 with Navigation system - Seems to be a pretty good price! Anyone with any experience buying from them?
  • lehighlexuslehighlexus Member Posts: 94
    Check out the other forums, and you will get a lot of complaints
  • niceputtniceputt Member Posts: 23
    I cant PROMISE you but if 5-7k off MSRP sounds good, let me know and I will ask the dealer if he can do the same for others.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    niceputt, if you want to recommend a dealer, you can post the dealership's name (but no other info - see the header of this discussion). That way folks can do their own negotiating.

It's not really the purpose of these boards to facilitate deals, though. We're here to share prices paid and buying experiences, not assist in selling - that's contrary to the Membership Agreement.

:)
    Ur point is well taken. Still, I am 500 mile from a dealer I got a terrific deal from. I thought it presumptuous to put his name and the deatils on the net. Thanks. :-)
  • jrasskuljrasskul Member Posts: 11
    I just did some negotiating between several local dealers for a 2004 LS 430 with modern luxury package, Euro suspension with alloy wheels, Briarwood pearl with cashmere interior.

I decided to go with Bob Casiulli on Route 46 in Little Falls, NJ. The next best price came from Lexus of Manhattan. They were both very, very close, but the deciding factor was the convenience of the NJ dealership.

Both were straightforward and a pleasure to deal with.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    We bought our first Lexus from Bob Casiulli. They beat all prices.

Bob Casiulli and Manhattan Lexus were not even close when we just got the 2004 SC and LS. Got them from Prestige........for the record $4500.00 off list on both cars.

Good luck.
  • jrasskuljrasskul Member Posts: 11
    Actually did better off list than that with the 2004 LS. Worked up from dealer invoice, which many Lexus dealers are loathe to do.

Prestige e-mailed me 80 times with many duplicates after getting my on-line inquiry, but never responded to my e-mail stating the exact specs of the car I wanted and where I was on price at that time.

Got some kind of on line survey form and when I rated them badly someone actually called me. I told them I had already ordered the car.

One dealer, Warnock, never even quoted me a price. This after I visited the dealership twice, asked the salesman for a quote, called to remind him a week later that I was still waiting, called the sales manager to say I really wanted to buy from them but couldn't seem to get a price....not a word.

A couple of other dealers in NJ said $1,000 off list take it or leave it.

Crazy. The treatment at Bob Casiulli was also excellent. Would refer them anytime.

Maybe they were willing to discount so much because my car had to be ordered. Although all the other dealers knew that, too.
  • andrew57andrew57 Member Posts: 1
    LexusUs.com is not a scam. I can't find a single complaint. It is evident there prices and payments are the lowest in the U.S.A. It's seems odd that a competitor would make these accusations. I wonder how many clients from Lehigh used there services. My guess is quite a few.
  • rgswrgsw Member Posts: 333
    I note that LexusUs.com has changed their affiliation and moved to a new web site.
    http://fleetrates.com/index.asp?site=Lexus
  • lehighlexuslehighlexus Member Posts: 94
    I've had one guy bring it up, but the bad press it has received on Edmunds tossed that idea. Take a look in your records, and you won't find any.
  • viskhaviskha Member Posts: 35
    This is a forum to discuss deals you get - I would think your dealer would be glad putting your deal on the forum so it may generate more national (and possibly international!) interest.

Please post the amount you got over Invoice or under MSRP. Thanks in advance.
    I think Riverside Lexus varies a little on what price they accept (especially early in model year) depending on if you are repeat customer etc., but swiftm's price is possible there.
  • griffpengriffpen Member Posts: 1
    I haven't bought yet but the best price I've gotten so far has also been from Bob Casiulli. It wasn't the first price they quoted but they didn't put up much resistance. They quoted 2 higher prices to me first but all I did each time was tell them I had to think it over and they immediately dropped the price until they reached $4000 off.

As far as dealing because the car has to be ordered: my experience is any dealer would much rather sell a car they have in stock. One dealer I talked to said I could special order a car with "a la carte" options but would have to pay list price.
  • swiftmswiftm Member Posts: 68
    I was quote at a lower price of $2500 over invoice; when I went to the dealer this am, price was higher, I was in rage and told the manager I wouldn't buy it from them at any price, this is the second time they done it to me in 3 years, don't trust Tustin lexus in so. cal guys, bad experience and never again, stay away.
    I reconnected with thousandoaks lexus in LA; they will deliver my LS430 UL on Wes. for $3200 over invoice, no hidden cost, will keep you all update later. hope this will help somebody in this side of the country. swift
  • orienteoriente Member Posts: 44
    How did you determine "Invoice" cost?
  • michael_mattoxmichael_mattox Member Posts: 813
    Invoice price on a base 2004 LS 430 is about $47,956 (slight varience by region) plus a $650 destination charge.

The options packages avg about a 20% markup (maybe just slightly more) (Example Ultra package msrp is $11,320 and Invoice is $9,112

Hope this helps
    Thanks. May I ask where you get your info? My reference is Edmunds and it says dealer cost "N/A".
    I got the bulk of the info from MSN.com

http://autos.msn.com/research/autopricer/pricetrim.aspx?Modelld=1- 0998&trimld=98288

Good luck...If I screwed up the Link just fish around the Auto section of MSN and you will eventually get there.
    I know the best pricing and true invoice price is listed in www.cardirects.com, I bought one-LS UL for 3200 over invoice. hope this helps, swiftm
    That worked well. I am surprised the Lexus LS data is there and not in Edmunds. I cross checked a couple cars with Edmunds and it checks in agreement. Thanks
    By the way, what can you tell us about the air suspension? Did you get to try the Sport Suspension? Presently I drive an Acura TL-S, which is kind of rigid, and I think I could not take the standard (soft) Lexus suspension.
    The report I have seen recommends the Sport; they argue the air suspension floats a bit, or something like that. Look forward to your comments.
    oriente: I bought the UL for the luxury and "floaty-ness", it is absolutely what I am looking for, I liked the six speed shift, you can't tell the gear change at all, there is a sport button, but I don't use it, the UL had the air susp. with auto level ride at certain speed, I loved it, I didn't try the sport version; as matter fact, I didn't do test drive or seeing my car until it arrived in my driveway. I had a 95 LS, been driving all lexus SUVs; so sport driving isn't what I am looking for. Another point: pre collision radar system is availiable after Jan, you may consider it. Hope this help, swiftm
    1. Did Thousand Oaks come through at $3200 over?
    2. Does anyone now if the Custom Luxur package is being produced or does one have to buy the Ultra package?
    I have been told by my dealer that the Custom Luxury is available only on a custom order and the UL is The car that production is being centered on at this time.

Custom Luxury is not yet out of the lineup.
    niceputt: Yes, LS UL delivered to my driveway, silver with ecru, smooth transaction, call Lora for detail. hope this help, swiftm
  • bobsmycalbobsmycal Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a Crystral White, std equip, alloy wheels and gold pkg, 2004 LS 430 at Kearney Mesa Lexus San Diego for $54,500 + tax, license.
    Bottom line was $5,000 - $6,000 under MSRP.
    The dealer might not have been totally truthfull with you...MSRP FOR A STANDARD LS430 is 55,125 I don't know the additional charge for the gold package but I think somewhere around $500.

Still a good deal at $1000 under...They don't deal much this earily in a new model year.
  • stubrightstubright Member Posts: 1
    I am picking up my 2004 LS430 in Crystal White,Cashmere with Premium Package. I was able to get a 4000.00 Discount off Retail. The retail was almost 57,300 and I am paying 53,300.00. They will only discount the premium packages this much,the Modern Luxury around 2500.00 off. The dealer is Sterling McCall in Houston.
  • mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    I've been looking carefully at the LS430 as my Cadillac STS lease is up in March.

The Packages that are prominent in Atlanta are the Modern Luxury. My dealers have only one or two Ultra Luxury versions at any given time.
    My dealer tells me Lexus is on a crash building program for the Ultra Luxury model which should be showing up in Numbers no later then Feb.
    Because that's the only package I'll consider.
  • drm400drm400 Member Posts: 3
    Just put a deposit on an '04 LS 430 with Modern Luxury, Smart Access & Preferred Accessory Group for $3K under MSRP @ Nalley Lexus. Now if they can just locate my car (Black Onyx with Cashmere interior)!
  • rd1411rd1411 Member Posts: 18
    I purchased a 91 lexus 400ls pearl white from a car lot for $4800. The car was sent to the dealer for service at the car lot expense $237 bucks....i had a loaner car lexus rx300 for 21 days and a lexus es300 for 2 days. The problem was a cololant sensor went bad....the car would cut off in intermettence....the dealer could not diagnose the problem...i took it to a shady tree mechanic and he diagnose it
  • diamondwdiamondw Member Posts: 3
    I want to buy a 04 LS430. can't get a deal here in Las Vegas. Any suggestions within 400 miles?
    diamondw: Go to Lexus.com and shop for nearest dealer to you; email specify car/color you want to their internet sales department, let the betting war begin with the lowest price wins; I like to mentioned "no phone call" and "car availibility" in my email. Ask for the accessories in detail and faxed it all to you before pickup/deliver the car. LS 04 with UL with all options except XM radio, I paid $63500 before tax, I hope this will help you. Swiftm
  • diamondwdiamondw Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. The Las Vegas dealer doesn,t even have an internet manager (at least listed in Edmonds) I'll try your suggestion of Lexus.com. Would also appreciate the name of the dealer from who you bought.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Please check the header of this discussion for what information may be posted here and what may not.

Thanks!
  • meandmycarmeandmycar Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

The best price I have for '04 LS-430 in Dallas, Cypress exterior, Cashmere/Walnut-Maple interior, with Premium package is $53,370. Is this a good deal, great deal, average deal, etc.? Any idea if a better deal can be had?

Thanks!
  • 12341234 Member Posts: 28
    Helped my dad buy an LS430 ML for $4k under MSRP at Lexus silver spring in MD. I'm sure you can do better by asking SS, Rockville, Alexandria and Pohanka to beat it. My dad spent about an hour on the phone with these 4 and went in and signed the papers. Also, once you negotiate the discount off MSRP on the phone (never walk into any dealership without an agreed upon price), ask for the out the door price. This will include tax, tags and any other fees they feel like slapping on. The only fee my dad paid was a $100 doc fee (aka processing fee). Good luck!
  • leodleod Member Posts: 1
    I was given a price of MSRP -$5K for a 2004 LS430 with the Modern Luxury package. This sounded great until the salesman mentioned ad $600 processing fee. This sounded kind of shady to me. Has anyone dealt with JM Lexus (FL) before? I can't touch the price locally here in Houston, TX even with the $600 processing fee.
  • wabendswabends Member Posts: 102
    In our search for a pre-certified LS 430, we have been offered one with MY 2001 and UL package. Asking price is $43.5 but has a high mileage of 45,700. According to CARFAX, the vehicle was leased in Wisconsin from 10/00 until 08/03. Is this a good deal? If not any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    I follow LS prices pretty closely...I think that is a very good deal.
    Thanks for your response. We are leaning towards getting it!
    We got it! I traded in BMW 530i for the Lexus and certainly enjoying the quiet and comfortable ride. We have a 2002 MB S430 and the two vehicles are similar in several respects.
    Well, getting ready to make final preparations for getting my new LS430. Here in Atlanta I've been given a quote of $3,000 or $2,000 off MSRP for one with the Ultra Lux package (MSRP $68,739.) I guess the difference depends on color/availability. I'm going tomorrow to finalize my color choice.

I think it's going to be choice between Cypress Pearl, Moonlight Pearl, Briarwood Pearl, and Mercury Metallic.

What does everyone think of the quote? Should I try to deal more?
  • twinsdad99twinsdad99 Member Posts: 9
    in the west coast (california) as there are more dealers and there are probably more cars, they are able to deal $1500 over invoice on premium base cars (ie for $57,249 MRP they's sell at $51,974) which is $5.3 K off MSRP. on the more optioned ones they "argue" that there is more demand and less supply(BS?) and say you can get the a $62k MSRP car for $57+K which is $4.5K off msrp.

go for the biggest dealers (minimum 2) in the farthest location you can travel to-preferably where there are more lexus dealers in the area. by doing so you get dealers who have more cars allocated to them at any given time and have internet mgrs who can bargain down fast over the phone.

when dealers have more cars and it's month-end, then you are king.nothing is constant,it's all about supply and demand-and target sales budgets.
    I originally was going to go with the same dealer who sold me my cadillac (same owner, not store) but I found another nearby who offered me a better deal.

2004 LS430 Moonlight Pearl/Ecru
    Ultra Luxury Package
    Nappa Leather Upgrade
    Cargo Net
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $68,739
    My Price $64,804
  • gitarzzgitarzz Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking at an 01 LS430 with 29,500 miles Black Onyx with a Ecru interior.I'm not sure what options or packages it has, because I couldn't find an option list for 2001, but I think it's the Mark Levinson Audio Package and a CD changer. It has the Certified warranty, and the dealer offered it to me for $39,000. Is that a reasonable deal?
This discussion has been closed.