Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bambam Posts: 5
    Well I finally decided to take the plunge. I just purchased my first Lexus, a 1999 Black Onyx over tan LS 400 with 93,227 miles in show room condition. This was a one owner vehicle with every scheduled maintenance done, even the 90K.

This car is amazing! I finally see what everybody means when they say "Lexus quality". I have done a months worth of research on this vehicle and it's seems I can get another 1-200K out of it - as long as I treat her right?

I look forward to leering more about this awesome automobile.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Hi bam - welcome, and congratulations!

I hope you will join us in our ongoing Lexus LS discussion to share your experiences and talk about your car with other LS enthusiasts.

Good luck and have fun!!
  • viskhaviskha Posts: 35
    I have been offered a gold '01 LS430 with Navigation, Mark Levinson, 51,000 miles for $37K - it is a certified pre-owned vehicle. Is this a good deal?
  • Viskha:

I follow the prices pretty closely...It is a very good deal...I am assuming since you said it is certified that you are getting it from a dealer.
  • aggie76aggie76 Posts: 265
    Hey guys - feedback appreciated.

'04 LS Blk & ivory with Modern Lux, Sport, 18" wheels, LM, WL at 10,500 miles for $53k -- good deal or not??? Have chance today (4/24) to make a deal.
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,683
    Take it - just try to get them to extend the warranty if you want to hold long-term. You'll love the sport suspension and this 2004 is a dream car. It handles great with the sport as well. The car looks great in black. Will they lease it to you? I'm telling you - the 2007 LS is something every LS owner will want - so you may want to get yourself set for it. On the otherhand in 2007 this car will be worth in the high 30's so it'll cost you about $14k for 30-40 months of driving a sport LS. Anyway - that's how I'd look at this. Only issue I'd have is why is it available?

Let us know here or the LS board what you do.
  • Forget about what you think is the "Best" deal, and focus on a "Fair" deal for both you and the dealer. Lexus is the finest automobile in the world and a tremendous value if purchased for MSRP. Let the Sales Associate make a fair living and quit being so cheap. You didn't get to the point of buying high-line automobiles without making a profit!!!
  • Sqeeze for the best price you can...The salesman and dealership are professionals and well able to take care of their own profits....
  • patrick2patrick2 Posts: 2
    I had a great experience with Countywide Lexus in Hollywood Florida. The salesmen was Wayne Summer. I met over the internet with their great price and then I became a repeat customer because of good service and price. I priced all over. They were by far the cheapest.
    Thanks guys, went and looked it over yesterday in heavy downpour. Not exactly what I was thinking of in ride quality, fairly rough. Not sure it was tires, suspension, or normal ride as I didn't take time to check tire pressures in the rain. Think I am going to hold for now as he will have another one coming in with about the same miles without Sport soon that is Blk/Blk. That Ivory interior is not the best looking for me.
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,683
    I bought custom lux but was hunting for the sport. it's not easy to find. A friend has the 2004 sport and it rides very quiet and smooth and nearly as good as the base suspension. I'd be surprised if you find otherwise on that next one they are getting in.
    Made the decision on the LS - Custom Lux, SmartAccess in Moonlight Pearl and Ecru interior. Great opportunity at Lujack Lexus using the Internet Contact person in Davenport, IA with a terrific discount off MSRP of about 9%. I've been chatting with them for a long time and finally decided to make it happen. They are terrific here and have serviced my GS since moving here almost 2 years ago so the relationship is there.
    Wow, had some time to go through my owner's manual and just keep finding amazing things about my new LS. Took family for a long ride last night and all are just overwhelmed with comfort and quiet of it. Am so glad I decided to stay in the Lexus family.

Delivery experience was ok with dealer. I still rank the experience I had in getting my first Lexus at Superior Lexus in Kansas City as the finest. They had an interior room at the dealership with the car in it; decorated with chandeliers, couches and easy chairs, carpet, mirrors & music. The room was dark when we entered with music and the lights rose up as we stood there. They had soda pop and non-alcoholic champagne to celebrate the event and we spent as long as we needed to go over options, etc. Then when we were satisfied the curtains at one end parted, doors opened by remote and we could drive out.

Having taken delivery of new car in all weather conditions this was, and 7 years later, still the best experience. Don't know if Superior is still at same location but they sure did it right.

Dealer here was excellent in the entire buying experience and the car reflects that too.
  • cove148cove148 Posts: 117
    Looking at the LS430, when you go to Lexus.com and "build" your car you will get different option prices per market/zip code. Example in Dallas the PM package comes with the smart access
    when you enter that zip code. Riverside California
    pricing for the PM package is all together different and results in a lower price car. Mainly because you do not have to pay for the smart access. Anyone know why Lexus markets this way? Looks like $1500 over invoice is pretty standard.
  • wil1688wil1688 Posts: 16
    I am interest in a 04 LS430 with either a modern luxury or custom luxury package. Anyone know what kind of price/discount can I get in New York area? Dealer recomendation? I dont mind to travel up to 100 mile for a good deal....thanks
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    1500 over invoice? Not in Tampa Bay! I was quoted $57,200 for LS 430 with premium package and smart key which is $5500 above invoice. Carsdirect.com's target price is $54,766 although Edmund's is just under $57,200. For leasing this vehicle they want 5.9% interest even though I have a 747 credit score. This is way out of line in today's low interest rate environment. I told them "good luck!" since I could buy the vehicle and with my credit score pay under 4% for 36 months and with so many other dealers out there, do better on the price. I disagree with one of the previous posters who must either be a car dealer or is married to one-that we should sympathize with the poor dealer who after all is only trying to make a decent living.We must shop around to get the best possible price even if it means going to or emailing or calling every dealer within 300 miles because as you can see Lexus of Tampa Bay was not looking out for ME! {The difference between 5.9% and 3.8% on my lease deal is $86.40 a month for 36 months($3110.)}
  • cove148cove148 Posts: 117
    Try the Miami area. I got a $1250 over invoice price by just calling the fleet manager over the phone. Also please note if you go to Lexus.com and price/build your car you will get different options and pricing depending on the zip code you enter. The PM package means different things in different zip codes. In Texas you are not offered the PM package without the smart access. However enter an California zip code and you can order without. Got to make sure you have apples and apples.
    Thanks cove148. Yes I already "built" my Lexus on the website. In my zip code you cannot order the premium package without the smartkey. Wow! $1250 over invoice sounds very, very good! When I emailed the web guy at Tampa Bay Lexus about my dissatisfaction with his figures, he changed his tune and said those were just "preliminary" figures because I was only "just looking." Yeah and if I accepted his original deal, he would have stopped me because his figures were just "preliminary." I really appreciate your input.
    hpowders
    I am also interest on the 04 lexus w/custom luxury package in NY area,anyone know, the normal markup over invoice on this. thanks
    Is that the Kendall dealership?
    Thank you.
    hpowders
  • essess Posts: 2
    I bought a Custom Luxury in the NY area recently. I paid about halfway between invoice and MSRP.
    Looking over the ls430 today from 2 different dealer in ny area,
    both dealer claim they donot have the custom luxury in stock, will take 6-8 week to have one order, plenty w/the modern luxury. Question? should i hold out for the custom lux, or save 2 thousand and get the modern package. thanks..
    I made similar decision about a month ago and have not regretted getting the Custom Lux one bit. The laser cruise is a pretty slick option and I use it fairly often. Door closers are also beneficial as I had two dead batteries from kids failing to close rear doors completely on my old GS300. I was able to negotiate pretty effectively and just paid a couple points over invoice so I felt the difference was small but they had the Custom Lux I wanted available with a Modern at the same time. Not sure I'd want to wait 6-8 weeks to get one, I'd think they could dealer trade much faster.

Either way, both are great packages on a fantastic car.
    Thanks, I will try to hold out. Wait 6-8 weeks now, enjoy the feature for the next 6-8 years. At this point, $2k is a small sum in a 60k car. The discount, I am getting is around 4k. Would you mind to share some of your negotiate tips?
  • mfprmfpr Posts: 41
    I have decided to purchase an LS430 and started negotiating with my dealer. He has an '04 coming in this month in the color combination and options I want. The car lists for $58,599 and he is willing to discount the car about $4000. At first I thought this was a very good price, but because I trade every 3 years, resale value is pretty important. When I checked the trade-in value of an '01 LS430 and '02 LS430 on the KBB website, I saw that the '02 was about $4425 higher than the '01. I assume the difference in value would be about the same between the '04 and '05 in 3 years. So unless I am able to buy an '04 LS430 for $6000 or more below MSRP, I don't think the '04 would be as good a deal as the '05

I hope I made some sense with this logic, but I would appreciate some feedback. Also does anyone know when the '05 models will arrive at the dealers or when Lexus will begin accepting orders? I assume the '05 will have minimal changes, if any, since the '04 had the face lift and the added 6 speed transmission.

Mike
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 333
    I doubt if the dealer will offer as good a deal at the first of the "05" offerings. They will be trying to move the "04" models if they have any left.
    I was able to negotiate pretty fairly by being direct and honest with my expectations on pricing. Be sure you know what you want and be up front with the dealer. This includes invoice, financing, etc. This has been my tactic for last 6 cars and never fails.
    Thanks for all the feedback, I am now having my dealer searching for a mercury metallic with black interior ( custom Luxury ). Hope to get it real soon.
  • busterbuster Posts: 1
    THIS IS A GOOD QUESTION. I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF NEGOTIATIONS NOW SO FAR GETTING LOTS OF DIFFEREBT $ AMOUNTS. LAST NITE I TEST DROVE A 2004 LS430 WITH ULTRA LUXURY AND RADAR AND UPGRADED ANALINE LEATHER THE MSRP WAS 71,898 INCLUDING FREIGHT THE DEALER SAID HE COULD SELL THE CAR TO ME FOR 67,500 WHICH IS 6000 OVER INVOICE DOES ANYONE THINK I CAN MAKE A BETTER DEAL?? BY THE WAY I DROVE THE AUDI A-8 AND MERCEDES E 500 AND THE LEXUS OVERALL MAKES THE MOST SENSE AND IS A BETTER CAR AND VALUE( PLEASE HELP!!!!!)
  • ron36330ron36330 Posts: 69
    Sounds like a good deal to me. I paid $68K even for an 03 LS 430 Ultra with chrome wheels, wheel locks, trunk mat and gold package. I found some out of state cars a grand cheaper but would have to pay $600.00 to get the car shipped in. The difference wasn't worth (to me) not buying from a local dealer.
    Hope this helps.
    Buy it, drive it, love it!!!!
    Ron
This discussion has been closed.