Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• woodkinswoodkins Member Posts: 5
    Can you tell me what the lease rate should be for a 2007 Trailblazer LT with sun & sound pkg. should be. I am in Long Island NY & the dealer is giving me a cap cost of 30,159, 12K mi/yr 36mth lease with no $$ down, taxes rolled in, no aquisition or security fee and he is telling me the lease rate is 8.75% and residual is 58%. My monthly payments would be $500.00 per month. Am I getting a fair deal or getting taken for a ride? We are currently at the end of our Tahoe lease & they will take it back early & waive the final 3 payments.
    Please help asap...Kryss
  • amricamric Member Posts: 4
    Not yet. Still deciding between the Jeep GC & the TBSS.
  • andre1andre1 Member Posts: 85
    Can anyone tell me if GM is still allowing leases on remaining 2006 Trailblazers SS? Since so many of these are still on dealer lots, I was hoping I get get a GM subsidized lease.
  • amricamric Member Posts: 4
    No, not on '06 models - at least that's what the dealer told me yesterday.
  • notrubrnotrubr Member Posts: 1
    Below is my experience on buying this vehicle at Kelle Chevy
    in Farmingdale, NJ.

MSRP: $29,453
    GMS price(via grandparents): $26,610
    Tax: $1,862.75
    Tag/Title/Doc Fee: $244.50
    Rebates:
    Cash Back: $5,000
    GMS Bonus cash: $1,500
    GM 1% credit card: $543
    Down payment: $1,500

Financed $20,174.25 @ 6.5% for 60 months
    Payment: $394.73
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem Amric. Dealer invoice minus any available incentives is a good price for this truck right now. Unfortunately, the $1,500 customer cash that General Motors is providing on it is not compatible with GMAC's lease program. Fortunately, GM is providing a special lease cash incentive on this truck in your state, I believe that you mentioned in an earlier post that you're in Michigan. In that state GM is currently providing $2,750 lease cash on the '07 Trailblazer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Kryss. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 12,000 miles per year are an unattractive 7.75% and 58%, respectively. The fact that you are in GM's Northeast region actually helps though because it is providing a special $2,000 lease cash incentive on this truck in your area. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost on the truck that you want. I would be happy to calculate what this truck's monthly payment should be if you provide me with its MSRP (I already have its selling price). One thing to keep in mind is that General Motors is providing a $1,000 bonus incentive to consumers who take advantage of its early lease termination program. This cash will also help in the negotiation of your truck's cap cost. Anyhow, let me know what the MSRP is and I'll give you my opinion of the selling price that you were quoted and use it to estimate what your lease payment should be. $500 a month sounds like an awful lot to pay for a Trailblazer. There are a lot of nice trucks out there that would cost less than that to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey andre1. Unfortunately, General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gtpspeedgtpspeed Member Posts: 9
    Hello,

I am looking to lease a TB 1SS with a MSRP of 32,905. I would like to lease it for 27 months with 15K a year in mileage. Could you give me some payments/residual/interest rate/lease cash incentives?

First time posting, thanks in advance for the help.

Chris
    Hello Chris. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 63%, respectively. General Motors' cash incentives and special financing rates for this truck vary by region, but I am not sure if its lease program does. I'll have to look into that for you. I would be happy to use the aforementioned lease program to estimate what the monthly payment should be on the exact truck that you are interested in, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its selling price. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • luigisdadluigisdad Member Posts: 9
    Hi:
    I have a 27 month lease through GMAC for a 2006 TBSS LS 2WD that is coming due in 12 months. My residual is $27k. I'm pretty sure that by the time my lease is over that the street value will be far less. Does anybody have any tips on how to negotiate with GMAC to lower the buyout price at the end of a lease?
    Thank you
  • mikej2mikej2 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a 2007 Trailblazer LT 4WD. According to Edmunds invoice for this vehicle is $32,840 (MSRP $35,620). The dealer has agreed to lease me the vehicle at invoice minus incentives for 12k miles per year for 36 months. Would you pleae estimate the monthly payment for me? I am located in NJ.

Thank You!
    In order to determine whether you should purchase your vehicle at the end of your lease, you need will to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at the time. Even though it states your car or truck's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to GMAC to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Many knowledgeable community members frequent that discussion and are often kind enough to give others their opinions on vehicles' values.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings mikej2. Invoice minus any available cash incentives is a good price for a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The lease cash that is available on this truck varies from state to state. I believe that there is currently $750 lease cash on this truck in New Jersey. For now, I will assume that GM does not have any cash incentives on this truck in your area. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT 4WD with an MSRP of $35,620 and a selling price of $32,090 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $448.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mikej2mikej2 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!

I am paying $449 per month so I feel I received a fair deal.

Thanks again.
  • lisa765lisa765 Member Posts: 8
    Car_man,

Thanks for answering my Impala question yesterday. I am also considering a Trailblazer lease and am hoping you can help me with the "key numbers" so I am prepared at the dealer.

2007 2WD Trailblazer (from your previous posts it doesn't look like LS vs. LT matters)
    36 month lease / 10k miles per year
    I live in Indiana if that matters (zipcode 46902)
    I also have a current GMAC lease that I will be turning in

Can you help me with the following:
    Residual value?
    Base lease rate?
    Cap reduction, bonus, or other lease cash offers?

Also, if I did 39 months instead would that drop the residual?

Thanks for your assistance on these forums!
    Lisa
    No problem, mikej2. Your payment sounds about right to me. Enjoy your new truck :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome, Lisa. You're right, GMAC's lease program for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer does not vary by trim level. Its current 36 month, 10,000 mile per year base lease rate and residual value for this truck are 5.9% and 60%, respectively. GMAC's lease rate for a 39 month lease of this truck would be the same, but its residual value would be 1% lower. In certain counties in Indiana General Motors is providing $1,750 lease cash on 36 month leases of the '07 Trailblazer right now. Additionally, just yesterday GM introduced $1,000 lease loyalty cash for residents of those same counties.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • maya29maya29 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I need your help.

I am on the upside of a loan on my 2002 van. It seems like this happen to me every time I buy a car so I'm thinking about leasing a SUV to avoid owning more than the car is really worth. I love the room in the 7 passenger van but the appearance is boring and that is why I decided on SUV. This will be my first time leasing. I am working on a tight budget as well. After doing a little research I think the 2007 trailblazer LT 4x4 may be a better buy for me as far a price,quality and such goes. Can you give me any pointers on leasing a vehicle vs buying? I have been to few dealers and they tell me that I missed out on GM deals and the trailblazer are not leasing well at this time. I want to be at no more than $375 month payment, on the 1500 m/yr. Can you give me some suggestions in terms of purchase price residual, and money factor to get me around $375 per month. Does it make since to trade my van in and lease a SUV? I owe around 4700 and the dealers have offered me 4000. Your help is appreciated!
  • gtpspeedgtpspeed Member Posts: 9
    Looking for 1SS 2wd Trailblazer lease with 15K per year, either 24/27 month whichever is better payment. Also have $1,700 in GM Card earnings that I can redeem. I live in Macomb County, Michigan (Southeastern Michigan). How much more for a 3SS 2wd? Also I am a lessee of a Trailblazer with 2 payments left. MSRP is about $32,900. Looking for the payment as well as the residual and interest rate.

Many Thanks.
  • shop4unowshop4unow Member Posts: 2
    Hi car man,
    I stupidly leased a 2005 loaded Trailblazer LT for 48 mos. My payments are high because I traded in a used mini-van and they tacked that on. On top of that, I only leased with 12k miles per year, then got a job transfer and am now only 8k away from my max miles for the total of the lease. I would like to get out of the lease early, but even the GM dealership that I purchased from will not help me. Is there a dealer out there that will touch this? How about an auction house? Can you help?
  • zims2730zims2730 Member Posts: 7
    Hello Car_man,
    What incentives are currently on the 2007 Trailblazer SS, and what are the current residuals and money factors for the "sweetspot"... 36 month, 15k miles per year, around these??
    -Thanks
    Greetings maya29. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 55%, respectively. Negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the truck that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate its monthly payment using this lease program. If you let me know what state you are in, I can tell you if GM is providing any cash incentives on leases of this truck in your area right now.

If you are upside down on a vehicle that is only worth around $4,000, you may want to consider trying to sell it privately rather than trading it in. Consumers who sell their vehicles on their own are usually able to get a little more money for them than consumers who trade them in. Of course, there is some hassle associated with selling vehicles on your own. If you don't want to deal with it, you can trade your current vehicle in and either pay the money that you are upside down on it out of your own pocket or roll it into your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello gtpspeed. Your lease payment on the truck that you are interested in will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. If you provide me with its approximate selling price, I can crunch some numbers and come up with an approximate lease payment on it for you. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for the Trailblazer that you want right now by visiting the following discussion: "Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". For now I can tell you that GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I am sorry to hear about your situation, shop4unow. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Some of our most knowledgeable community members frequent that discussion and they are often kind enough to give others their opinion on vehicles' values. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi zims2730. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles peer year are 5.9% and 55%, respectively. You will probably get a slightly lower lease payment if you go with a 39 month lease instead of a 36 month lease. This truck's 39 month lease rate is the same, but its residual value is 1% lower. I would be happy to tell you if GM is providing any cash incentives on this truck in your area right now if you let me know what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • maya29maya29 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Car_Man for your response. I reside in Ohio. I was thinking about paying $1000.00 off of my current loan so that I can be even and not owe more then what the van is worth. From what you said I think I will go with this. Can you give me any tips of how to get the dealer to lower there price on a new 2007 vehicle? When is the best time to go, now or wait until the summer? I've read that it's better to shop for vehicles in certain months, is this true? Again Thanks for your help!!
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    A $30000 Trailblazer wholesales used for about 17k after year 1.

With about 13-$14000 in depreciation from MSRP after 12months , its not unusual to see ads for $8000 off msrp and a few at $10000 off MSRP.

You want the $10,000 off. The 100k warranty on the 07's sweetens the deal a bit.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
  • bmb2bmb2 Member Posts: 2
    I have been following the various forums for the last few weeks. I am looking to purchase a new SUV soon, within the next 8 weeks. You seem to be very knowledgeable on many of the SUV's and their cost.

I currently have a GMC Envoy XL and my wife absolutely loves it. I was thinking of a 2007 Honda Pilot to add to our current SUV but my wife was less than impressed compared to her Envoy XL. She rated it a 7/10 versus a 9.5/10 for her Envoy XL. I have actually tried to find any remaining new 2006 Envoy XL's but have not had much luck.

I have located a few Trailblazer EXT's and most everyone is only offering me around $7,500 off of MSRP. I would be tempted to purchase one of these if they would give me $10,000 off but they won't budge. I have been offered a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4x4 LT for $27,212 while MSRP is $34,495. What would you suggest to lower their price?

I have also considered the new GMC Acadia since she loves her Envoy XL so much but am a little scared away but the expense and lack of rebates. Not sure if this will improve by May?

The final consideration we have had was a used Cadillac SRX with a 3rd row seat. Not too sure about buying a used vehicle especially a 2004-2005 with the increased interest rate for a loan.

As you can see I have been all over the place. I am really just looking for a reliable SUV with 3 rows of seats for our kids. I was hoping to get one with better MPG than the Envoy XL but at this rate I just want to find one that will suit my wife and hopefully be a good deal. I have to admit that the Acadia is probably my favorite but also the most expensive. Any advice.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    If you really need space and economy, go for a minivan. There are great deals to be had on vans from almost all companies right now. You can even get AWD on the Toyota if you need it over the FWD of the Chrysler/Dodge/Honda offerings. Most people really don't need an SUV. That is why the crossovers are gaining in popularity. The vans are still great vehicles too. You can almost steal a Ford Freestyle crossover right now. It is a good vehicle that has adequate but not excessive power as well as a lot of room inside and good mileage. I have to have my Envoy to tow a 5000# boat. They are great vehicles. If I didn't have the boat, I would have a van or a crossover.
  • bmb2bmb2 Member Posts: 2
    We tried the minivan thing in the past. We couldn't do it. It wasn't a minivan look or anything like that, my wife just really didn't like how it drove compared to her SUV. She didn't feel that it responded the same way and overall was unhappy. We traded it in less than one year, which hurt really bad on the financial side of things but now we have the Envoy XL that she loves. She has looked at the Freestyle and does not care for it.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    It sounds like you have considered the alternatives. Good luck. I hope you can find the 2006 Envoy XL or Trailblazer EXT you seek for a reasonable price. I agree totally with you that you should be able to find one for $10,000 off MSRP. Have you done a nationwide inventory search?
    I haven't even driven an Envoy, as I thought it was like a trailblazer. It is harder to get a better deal at GMC dealers vs Chevy as there are 5x as many chevy dealers.
    The Pilot is a much more quality piece than the Trailblazer, and it has the 3rd row std. About the same price too. Last summer they were selling for 7400 ish off MSRP. Almost all the 06's are gone.

In general you stand a better chance over a similar vehicle with the 3700 Ford dealerships vs the 700 Mazda dealerships.
    Same with Chevy and GMC.

A good rule of thumb for buying a car is to try to pay 20% or so more than that of a 1yr old one. (wholesale) Its hard to get the kbb and nada guides to have an accurate value on an 06 as some are still new on the lots. I take the 05 models (even if a major redesign in between) with 30000 miles and add 15%. Doing this with Trailblazer yields a 13000 depreciation 1st year vs 10000 for the pilot. You want at least 9k and 6k minimum off these vehicles to avoid really eating it. For the Dodge Durango it is 16k,so you need about 12k off minimum.

Trying to pot luck individual dealers is exhausting and non productive. Only 1 out of 10 or 12 dealers is behind in sales targets for the month and the trick is finding him the last week of the month. Many dealer incentives are unadvertised nowadays and you have to smoke em out.

You sound like a smart individual. I've been trading and buying tons of cars for years and could write a book. Fortunately a very few have. (that are useful) Do yourself a favor (especially if you buy or trade often) and:

- Order the fightingchance.com package for your vehicle for $34.00 find the dealer who needs to make a sale

- Go to the library or amazon (may be updated) and read "Dont get taken every time" by Remar Sutton. Good for new and used cars and a fun read.

Do this and use a little reason and you will know more than 97% of the car salesmen out there (there is a high turnover rate) and probably 80% of the sales managers (same reason) This info is good for life.

A little look at some of the ads shows $8900 off MSRP off a truck perhaps. That is maybe 6800 under invoice with a 3k rebate. Holdback may be $900. Where did the extra $2800 "dealer discount" come from? Hidden cash from the manufacturer. The dealer has actually showed some of his hand in the ad because sales are so slow. Is there more? you need to solicit bids (email or fax) from 10-30 dealers end of month and find the dealer that will give it.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

I have been following the various forums for the last few weeks. I am looking to purchase a new SUV soon, within the next 8 weeks. You seem to be very knowledgeable on many of the SUV's and their cost.

I currently have a GMC Envoy XL and my wife absolutely loves it. I was thinking of a 2007 Honda Pilot to add to our current SUV but my wife was less than impressed compared to her Envoy XL. She rated it a 7/10 versus a 9.5/10 for her Envoy XL. I have actually tried to find any remaining new 2006 Envoy XL's but have not had much luck.

I have located a few Trailblazer EXT's and most everyone is only offering me around $7,500 off of MSRP. I would be tempted to purchase one of these if they would give me $10,000 off but they won't budge. I have been offered a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4x4 LT for $27,212 while MSRP is $34,495. What would you suggest to lower their price?

I have also considered the new GMC Acadia since she loves her Envoy XL so much but am a little scared away but the expense and lack of rebates. Not sure if this will improve by May?

The final consideration we have had was a used Cadillac SRX with a 3rd row seat. Not too sure about buying a used vehicle especially a 2004-2005 with the increased interest rate for a loan.

As you can see I have been all over the place. I am really just looking for a reliable SUV with 3 rows of seats for our kids. I was hoping to get one with better MPG than the Envoy XL but at this rate I just want to find one that will suit my wife and hopefully be a good deal. I have to admit that the Acadia is probably my favorite but also the most expensive. Any advice.
    Also look at Toyota 4runner. It depreciates about 10k from list 1st year (like the pilot). I've seen ads for the 07's for 5-6k off msrp. That would make it a good deal also.

--jjf
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a national newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who currently are or just recently purchased a new vehicle and factored or will factor in where the car was made (i.e. made in the USA). Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, March 16, 2007 with your daytime contact info.
  • ferreiror83ferreiror83 Member Posts: 10
    wheeled and dealed for a bit and the dealer would not budge on $439 a month on a LS 4wd with sunroof...No running boards...This is with zero down...all fees, registration etc. rolled into payments...what do you think?
    You're very welcome, maya29. Shopping around is a great way to get a good price on a new vehicle. Call, e-mail, or visit a number of Chevrolet dealers and get price quotes on the Trailblazer that you are interested in. Then take the best price quote and give your local dealer the opportunity to match it. While you don't have to purchase your truck locally, all things being equal it doesn't hurt to do so. You also may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Generally speaking, the later one gets in the model year the more dealers are willing to discount vehicles. Having said this, significant discounts should be readily available on '07 Trailblazers right now. Mid-sized SUVs are not a very hot segment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ferreiror83. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Trailblazer that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • texxmexxtexxmexx Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at leasing a 2007 Trailblazer and want to know if it's a good deal. I live in New York State (Erie County). It's a 2WD LS model MSRP is 30990, invoice and selling price is about 27900.00 The lease is for 48 months w/ 12,000 miles/year. Tax and Title etc. down. Payment is $299. Looks like a good deal I just want to make sure.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    TexxMexx
  • jhall111jhall111 Member Posts: 2
    texxmexx-

Don't go for the 2WD!! Did you forget the WNY winter already? :)

I also live in WNY. Last week I leased a 2007 LS model with equipment group 2, power seat, and sun/sound/entertainment pkg. MSRP was 30,360 and sale price was 28,490 ($1870 discount) There was $5700 in hidden/unadvertized lease rebates available in addition to the discount. This included the GMAC lease cash, conquest, and a couple of other rebates as well.

The residual is 18,413 which must be heavily incentivized by GMAC because I know that number is way out of line with what the truck will actually be worth in three years.

All said, it came to $219.61 per month (39 months/10,000 mi. per year) with everything included...first payment, security, plates, tax, etc. I didn't put a penny down except for the fact that I redeemed $2,500 from my GM credit card card to cover the taxes and fees.

This deal also included one year of complimentary oil changes.

Shop around. Call Shults Chevrolet in Jamestown. I believe they are running this deal through the end of the month. www.shultsauto.com has their inventory and the TV clip for the current Trailblazer promo.
  • rallye350rallye350 Member Posts: 13
    I am looking into a TB SS lease. Can anyone give me any insight into current residuals and/or pricing that they have been able to obtain? I'm looking in the 24 - 36 month range.
  • noodle15noodle15 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am in the michigan area and am looking to lease a 2007 trailblazerss. Just wondering a good price to pay and any suggestion what dealers to go to to get the best deal. I was looking at a 2wd 1ss kinda want to be about $300mnth
  • alchemist25alchemist25 Member Posts: 5
    Looking to lease an 07 trailblazer awd ss. 27/39 months are both options with 12,000 or 15,000 per year. I'm also looking to put zero down with only fees due at signing with payments around $300-320 per month. Any suggestions on selling prices to aim for and dealerships in my city? I live in the SF bay area. Thanks
    Just out of curiousity, other than you "want" to pay $300-$320 a month with no cap reduction, how did you reach that figure? If "want" is the prime criteria, I "want" to lease a 2007 Maybach for $300 to $320 a month. Even if you get the TB SS for $30k all in, and if your leasing rate is 50% less than the going rate for 800+ fico score customers, you're still in the high $300 for a lease.
  • alchemist25alchemist25 Member Posts: 5
    I reached that number figuring in my $3,200 GM earnings that im putting towards initial fees, taxes and first months payment... My fico score isn't 800 but its pretty f'n close...Stewarts in Colma has contacted me with the best quote so far...$29,500 for an awd ss. Its not the color I want but it'll do.
    O.K., so to clarify, even though there's no cap reduction and $0 down, in reality, you'll be taking $3,200 off. Now, that makes some sense. $29,500 for an AWD SS is a really good price. What kind of leasing rate are they quoting you? GMAC is not the greatest -- if you have a great relationship with your bank, often you can beat GMAC's leasing rate. Also, are there any available rebates? When rebates are really good, an alternative to straight out leasing is a sale-leaseback. Where you enter into an agreement with a 3rd party leasing company that you'll buy the car, and then instantly sell the car to the leasing company who will then lease it back to you. That way, you take advantage of the rebate. I heard that there are $4k rebates out there for the SS.
    Good luck.
    Roy
  • boinkyboinky Member Posts: 1
    Hello, could someone explain saleleaseback and what the names of 3rd party leasing companies are, and how that helps you take advantage of a rebate? I guess you mean if you deal with GMAC in a lease, they will not give you the rebate?

Thanks.
  • mrrick1mrrick1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello!

My current GMAC Lease of a 2005 Trailblazer 4x4 LT ends in 3 weeks. My current lease is a two-year lease with 24,000 miles total allowance. I negotiated a deal where I paid the entire two-year lease upfront. This was $7,000 and included the sales tax for a two year lease. Today I went back to my dealer and for the exact same truck but a 2007 they now want $14,000 for the same lease or $598 a month. I told them there was no way the vehicle prices could change that much. They said they were surprised as well.

My question:
    Like to have a 2007 Trailblazer, LT, 4x4, LT Group 2 package and convenience package, MSRP $33,830. TWO year lease, total 24,000 miles (20,000 miles ok too), no monthly payments, full 24 month upfront paid. What should I expect to pay for something like this?

Many thanks in advance!
  • rallye350rallye350 Member Posts: 13
    I am in the same boat as you. I was paying about $340/mo for the same car and now I'm looking at about $600/mo for the same thing (although I was getting 18,000 miles per year). Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to get anywhere near where I want to be for the same car. My dad buys from the GMAC auctions and he said that my car would probably bring about $17,000. Given that the residual on the lease was $24,xxx, I can understand why the price is almost double since that would then make up for the additional depreciation. In addition to that, I believe GMAC was sold by GM so now there really is no incentive for GMAC to subsidize the lease the way they were in 2005.

I also looked at doing a bank lease and taking the rebate since GMAC has minimal allowable cap cost reduction, but the bank residuals were dismal. Unfortunately leasing today is not near as attractive as two years ago.
  • mrrick1mrrick1 Member Posts: 4
    I agree. I got the same numbers from another Chevy dealership. I going to have them tweak it a bit with lower mileage allowance, go for 36 months, and use $2500 in GM Credit card points. Another dealer got it down to $419 with sales tax included for a 36 mos, 36,000 mile lease.

I'm also going to check out a Jeep Grand Cherokee and see if they are comparable. Let me know how things work out and I will do the same.
This discussion has been closed.