Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

14567810»

Comments

• Could someone please help me understand what portion of my lease is used to determine the interest rate? I simply subtracted the amount of rent--5880 from the Cap Cost--41253 and come up with 14.25%, ?

Cap Cost $41,253.25 (Invoice 35770, there was no trade payoff, but they lied and said there was and I signed because I believed them. That is why the Cap is higher than the invoice.)
    Cap Red. -$4,500
    Residual -$9,412
    Rent Chrg $5,880.60 = %??
    state tax rate .7%
    66 month lease

Please help.

1. Payment?
    2. Interest Rate?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,025
    A 66-month lease?!

I didn't figure your payment, because I'm not sure if your net CAP cost is $41,500, or if that figure is before your CAP cost reduction.. (don't you know the payment?)

But, it's easier to come close to the interest rate.. A rough estimate is about 4.3% APR..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi procsp. General Motors is not currently providing lease support on the Trailblazer. Entering into an unsupported lease on a GM product does not make financial sense. You would be better off financing an '09 Trailblazer through GMAC at 2.9% for 5 years or financing it through an independent bank and taking advantage of the total cash allowance of $4,000 that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Just wondering what SSs are leasing for these days. Really want to get into one pretty soon, just not sure if I can afford it. Anyone with some numbers for me? THanks
  • Hi bigpav7. General Motors pulled the plug on the Trailblazer. 2009 models are the last ones that it produced. Unfortunately, GM is not providing lease support on '09 models any longer. If you really want a Trailblazer, you will have to finance it through GMAC at 0% for 5 years or 1.9% for 6 years, finance it through an independent bank, or pay cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • jraiajraia Posts: 1
    Is it possible to negotiate the buy out amount?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jraia. More often than not banks will not negotiate the end-of-term purchase option price of leased vehicles. Having said that, give it a shot because you don't have anything to lose by trying. Place a call directly to GMAC, or whichever bank you are leasing your Trailblazer through and see if the are willing to work with you. If your initial contact there is not, you might have better luck by working your way up the ladder to a manager. Again, banks usually will not negotiate but if you really like your truck it's worth a shot.

Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
14567810»
This discussion has been closed.