Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• walletwallet Member Posts: 38
    It's been sorta year end for SUVs for a coupla months now. It's a trade off: if you wait for prices to drop more, you'll have less of a selection of the exact vehicle that you want. I'm playing that game right now with the Malibu Maxx.

Check back to message #99 in this thread.

Good barometer of where prices are headed......
  • mtbonmtbon Member Posts: 12
    Depends on what the sticker price of that loaded LT is. Most loaded LT 4WD go for $46K+. You should be getting them down to the $33-$35K range.
  • ckennedyckennedy Member Posts: 82
    thanks
  • mbperkmbperk Member Posts: 9
    Hey guys, I am trying to buy a new 2004 Tahoe Z71. Here is the best deal I have out of three dealers for Greensboro, NC.

MSRP
    $47,125
    Leather/Memory/Heated/Power Seats
    Bose 6 CD
    2nd Row Bucket seats
    3rd Row Seat
    Onstar/XM
    Rear DVD
    Rear Air
    Audio Controls on Steering Wheel
    Sunroof
    Auto Multi Climate Control
    Tow Package

$39193 (Taxes, Tags, Doc Fee included) with $5500 in rebates

Can I do better?
    Story (WSJ broke it) came out yesterday that GM dealers are not ordering as many next-year models as in the past due to HUGE overstocks of this-year models; GM has issued a denial. Dealers believe GM will have to increase discounts to sell the '04s, which will make it even tougher to sell the '05s, so they didn't order as many.

Quirk's new ad had discounted some cars an additional $200, and some trucks and SUVs an additional $300.
  • mbperkmbperk Member Posts: 9
    Just found that this vehicle has 350 miles on it. Should I be worried about this have been driven?
  • mstensonmstenson Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like your really knowledgeable...I was looking at the '04 & '05 Tahoe's today and we like the '05 with Nav System...but it looks like you and everyone are suggesting to get the '04 models thru the Fall as the Dealer's are looking to blow out their remaining '04 models...Did you say that you think folks can get the fully loaded LT 4WD for $33-35K?
  • c5_4func5_4fun Member Posts: 59
    I was also looking between the '04 and '05. I have gotten quotes on the '04 Tahoe and Yukon from two dealers each. The best price I got was approx invoice +$500 with one dealer being invoice +$1500. Since I went after the '04 (essentially a one year old model car), I expected to be at invoice or lower (before GM rebates). I expected the above prices to be more applicable to buying an '05. What's a reasonable expectation for the remaining '04's? I'm in Chicagoland if anyone has a recommendation.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Any dealer thinking you'll pay $1500 over invoice for an '04 is either smoking dope or he thinks you're a dope.

If you're feeling nice, tell him you'll pay invoice less all incentives. Then ask him to put some fresh tires on the truck because they probably have flat spots from sitting on the lot so long.
  • dammitjim1dammitjim1 Member Posts: 95
    I'm interested in the Z71 Tahoe, and am currently in a Trailblazer lease until 7/05. The current Pull Ahead is good until end of 5/05, so I don't qualify. A dealer I am negotiating price on (LI, NY) has incorporated the remaining lease payments into the price of the Z71, which puts me at a higher monthly cost than I'm willing to spend.
    The dealer has advised that after 9/7, that another Pull-Ahead may be announced that i'd qualify for, but that the discounts on the '04 models will be significantly reduced. I think he's just trying to get me to commit now as opposed to later. With as much '04 inventory on hand as has been reported, I can't see GM reducing incentives on the '04 models.

Opinions? And does anybody know what period the next Pull Ahead will cover?

Thanks.
  • tauberjtauberj Member Posts: 61
    Hi, I was vacationing down by Atlantic City last week and heard an add for Kerbeck Chevrolet. They claim they will beat any offer in the country or give you $5,000. I think anyone buying an 04 leftover, should get at least invoice price or better at this late date. Remember, the invoice will have a 1.5% advertising built in (1.5 X (MSRP-Destination charge)). Wallet is correct that dealers will not order lots of 05's if they have lots of 04's in inventory. I am not sure how the holdback actually works, but my truck was built in February. I am not sure when Quirk received it, but expect it was sitting for some time. He had 149 04 Tahoes in his inventory when I chose my truck.
  • c5_4func5_4fun Member Posts: 59
    I looked at the GMC Yukon and Chevy Tahoe between 8 dealers. Seems to be limited supply of '04 LT's and SLT's, but I found many Denali's available (just didn't want to spend the additional $7K) and a lot of red Z71's.
    Anyway, after many internet price quotes and searching color/option availability I bought the Tahoe LT Saturday for $100 under invoice before GM's rebate.
    While there's good deals on the new ones, the trade-in value for my '02 was tough to stomach.
  • mtbonmtbon Member Posts: 12
    Purchase low when new = get nothing for it later if you trade or go to sell it. Remember, this is not a Honda or Lexus. I keep all my cars well over 10 years and many many miles, I don't worry about trade in value.
    I contacted Quirk to get pricing on a Z-71 Tahoe.
    Although they appeared to have a lower selling price on the truck than I could obtain from a local dealer, the monthly payment on the Smartbuy was considerably higher for some reason. I made sure that the local dealer was including taxes and all required fees for the purposes of comparison. For me at least, there is no incentive to go out of state to get the Tahoe from Quirk.
    Yeah, I'm beginning to get the idea that Quirk is tacking costs on if you don't buy the ad car.

Way-OT warning below!!

Last week, we bought a Malibu Maxx (NOT at Quirk): Quirk's ad price on a base/stripped Maxx (LS with 1SA) is 14,8. An upgrade to a 1SB package SHOULD be $833/inv $925/sticker. For some reason, on the phone Quirk was adding on $1700 ($16,500); we made it clear to them that we were getting lower offers, and we needed a lower price to drive all the way down to Braintree; they wouldn't budge. We ended up buying elsewhere for $15,8 (and $99 doc fee vs Quirk's $300 doc fee). Quirk's opening phone offer was so high that we never even bothered to visit them in person (and we bought a Tahoe from Qurik just 2 months ago)......
    I don't really think that Quirk is competitive on anything but the cars featured in the newspaper ad. I am very glad I didn't waste the time to travel from NY to Braintree to try to hammer out a deal with them on the Z71.
    There is less than a week left before the current incentives on the 2004 vehicles expire. I wonder who would bother with remaining 2004 inventory without the incentives when 2005 stock will be available.
    I read yesterday that GM is cutting production of '05 vehicles due to poor August sales, down 10% on trucks compared with last yesr. I am curious as to what this might mean for the current 2004 incentives, which are set to expire on 9/7, and whether they will also extend their Pull Ahead program. Anybody want to speculate?
    I just want to point out that I did not buy the ad car when I purchaed my Z71. I thought their initial offer of invoice less holdback was a great deal. Of course, I was not looking to buy a Z71 when I inquired with them, I was looking for an LS with options. Their inventory is mostly loaded LTs and a few Z71s, or very stripped LS models. I also dealt directly with the sales manager who responded to the inquiry I posted on their website.
    Did you do a Smart Buy or straight purchase?
    I have been looking at both options, and with the down payment amount I planned on, the Smart Buy is always less per month. I think that Quirk may have been using a higher finance rate than what I was quoted locally, which explains the higher monthly cost, though on paper they appeared to be less.
    Straight purchase.
  • jimbosjimbos Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I have been shopping for a Tahoe or Yukon. I am looking for an 04 4x4 LT with sun sound/safe and secure, 2nd row captains chairs ans 17 inch rims. The sticker MSRP is 47k, Edmunds says the invoice is 41k. The dealer is telling me the invoice is 42.5k. A full 1500 above what Edmunds is listing. Who is more accurate. He is trying to sell the unit for $37,500 plus tax and tags. after the 5k rebate

I am seeing others talking about getting 25-30% off, that would make the price between 33k-35k. I have been to several dealers and I am not getting any lower then 37k.

I even found a DEMO with 3k miles and they wanted 36k after the 5k rebate.

Where can I get a true invoice price and what should I pay?
    Hi, I found in my research that Edmunds invoice does not take into consideration the advertising cost, which all of the dealers I spoke to include. It is 1.5% X (MSRP - Destination charge). Yours calculates to $692.25, if the $47K is the exact MSRP. On my invoice (yes, I got a copy), it shows up as two items (one at 1% and one at 0.5%). The items are labeled LAM Dealer Contribution and LAM Group Contribution respectively. If you've read the posts, you'll see there are some good deals available. Certainly, it is easier to get a better deal at a larger dealer with large leftover inventory. All depends on where you live and how far you are willing to drive (4.5 hours in my case). Also, work your deal based on invoice price. I was able to get the dealer to give me the holdback (3% or double the advertising). I think if you are buying a leftover this late in the game, they should be willing to deal.
  • jimbosjimbos Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me how your dealer worked the rebate and paying taxes. I just talked to a dealer that tells me that I have to pay taxes on the price BEFORE the rebate has been removed. Ex. the vehicle was 41k minus the 5k rebate. My final price is 36k plus tax and tags. He is trying to charge me tax from the 41k. It is a difference of $250. This isnt the way rebates worked on past cars that I purchased. Does this make sense?
    Hi, it depends what state you live in. Here in NJ, we pay taxes on rebates, incentives and trade-ins. In MA, where I bought by Z71, no taxes are paid on these. Unfortunately, I titled my car in NJ and had to pay the taxes on the $8,300 in incentives and rebates I received.
  • micjonniemicjonnie Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have experience with this dealer??

Looking for a ‘04 Tahoe..... I figure there are still plenty out there and gas prices are climbing again.... should be able to get some good deals
    I purchased a loaded 2005 Tahoe Z71 (Sun, Sight & Sound, center buckets, 3rd row, side airbags) from Bast under a 48 month SmartBuy. I pick the truck up tonight. The buying experience has been fairly pleasant thus far, with no games and little haggling. The price before rebates & incentives was $42,768. The GM rebate is $1000, and the dealer applied an additional $1000 discount from what he termed "coupons" .
    I am turning in an '02 Trailblazer LTZ under the GM Pull Ahead program. The SmartBuy monthly payment is about $479.

The pricing from Bast was very competitive with 4 other area Chevy dealers I requested quotes from.
    So far, they have shown themselves to be quite willing to negotiate and pleasant to deal with.

I don't know how this pricing compares with others outside of the Long Island area - perhaps others can comment on this. I'll post a followup after taking delivery on the Tahoe tonight.
    This is a followup to an earlier post. I took delivery on my 2005 Z71 Tahoe on 11/17. The delivery was as smooth and hassle free as the sales experience, and I am extremely pleased with the ownership experience of my new Tahoe so far.

To anybody on Long Island looking for a Tahoe or any other Chevy, I recommend this dealer.
  • rodmaryrodmary Member Posts: 2
    What are "holdbacks" and should I expect coupons when I go to purchase.

What kind of price should I expect to finance?
  • stlouie99stlouie99 Member Posts: 1
    This vehicle has a MSRP of 45,748. Was quoted 36,854 after dealer discount, rebates, etc. After my GM card of $2500, it drops the price to 34,354. Supposedly it was $500 above invoice.

We were really wanting to buy a 2004 but this seems better. Does the price we were quoted seem reasonable?

How much are extra headphones? We get two but probably want 2 more. Ask the dealer to throw them in????

Any suggestions?

Thanx
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    Are you looking to get 2 more headphones as spares, or are you planning to use one or both in addition to the two existing ones? I ask because I've wondered if it's possible to have more than two headphones going at the same time, given that (IIRC) the RSE wireless headphone setup is 2-channel, meaning that up to two headphones can receive a signal from the transmitter at the same time; or, am I misunderstanding what is meant by "2-channel?

Regardless--as far as whether the dealer will throw in an extra pair or two...my guess is probably not, given that they list for $73.08 each...but then again, if the dealer can get near-sticker price for the vehicle out of you, they may very well throw them in. ;-)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I don't have a Yukon, but my Chrysler T&C came with 2 headphones for the rear entertainment system, and we were able to get another set. They're also 2-channel, and they all work simultaneously.

I wouldn't expect them for free, but they might go buy one, get one :)

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hippchichippchic Member Posts: 2
    We are looking at a 2005 Tahoe Z71 4X4 with the sun and sound package. It has been driven by the dealer (7000 miles) but has never been titled. I know that Chevy has a $8000.00 incentive for 2005. The dealer is asking $35500. What would be a good deal and how do I figure that? Do I take the $8000 off the $35500?
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Can anyone list any promotional APRs they may have received lately on the Yukon? Is there anything out there or is it just on the 06? Thank you in advance.
  • drjmak1drjmak1 Member Posts: 9
    new 2007 yukon denali AWD with nav, ent. pkg, rear view camera, heated wheel, sunroof for 49,900 before the 1750 rebate. MSRP 53510
  • stltigerstltiger Member Posts: 2
    black/black 2007 Denali with everything (including 20" wheels) but not heated wheel. Got them to throw in a chrome gas cover.

$46K flat out the door.
  • drjmakdrjmak Member Posts: 19
    where was this? ill come right now and buy
  • stltigerstltiger Member Posts: 2
    Lou Fusz in St. Louis, MO. $46K was with 74 miles on it and was a car show event special. Short version Denali, not the XL but still a good deal.
  • trobin5526trobin5526 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Denver, CO, looking at a new 2007 Denali with Rear entertainment and Blue/Green paint option for $39,600(includes dealer fees)before taxes. Sound good????
    It sounds fantastic--and also too good to be true. That price would be about $10k off sticker on one of their newest offerings. Are you sure you're not getting a quote for an Envoy Denali? Are you making a trade (where they might be making up for the huge discount)?
  • trobin5526trobin5526 Member Posts: 2
    I did the deal, it turned out to be $39,100 for a new 2007 Yukon Denali with Dvd and the Blue/Green Paint option MRSP was $49,800(or so), no trade in. They made an error in an ad and honored it, they charged me the $399 handling fee above the $39,100. So the total was $39,499 before taxes/plates. I then negotiated in the GM (GMPP) 100,k mile protection plan with the $100 deductible, for an additional $1,030, I figured there are alot of features that may require additional attention later on :)
  • godson2godson2 Member Posts: 3
    Are there prepaying penalties when buying brand new w/ gmac.
    interested in 07 yukon denali

thanks
  • cuongcuong Member Posts: 45
    Anyone would pay new 07 Yukon Denali price with 600 miles on it? or even with little over 100 miles on it?
  • macman246macman246 Member Posts: 118
    What month do you think the '08's will come out?

We're in the market for a Yukon Denali, but considering we might be nearing the end of a "model year", would rather wait for an '08, avoid the depreciation hit, or find better incentives for '07's they're trying to clear out. Our salesman says there "probably" won't be better incentives since his Yukons were flying off the lot, and we might be waiting until October/November for an '08. Of course, he had 20 Yukons sitting there, I re-test drove the same one a week later, and I'm looking for other opinions.
  • raimuraimu Member Posts: 4
    Same issue for me - what is the best guess availability date? Also, what are likely small improvements (no major body changes) and tweaks for '08 that might - or might not - be worth waiting for? Particularly interested in the standard Denali.
  • catamcatam Member Posts: 331
    Sept or Oct is probably a good guess for 08 availability.
  • stevedc34stevedc34 Member Posts: 25
    Interested in 2007 Yukon Denali Ext Version w Nav. Live in PA but willing to travel for purchase. Can anyone offer pricing information? There was one on the lot on sale for 49k. I think i can do better giving the current market. Look forward to any responses. Thanks.
    OUTSTANDING DEAL!
  • skazskaz Member Posts: 7
    i have been offered a fully loaded yukon denali - the electric running boards.. a sticker price of 55,650. if i can get a selling price of 45k with the 0% financing on an 07 is that a good deal or can i do better
    If you can get $10k off AND 0% for 60 months, that would make you the king of all deals. $10k isn't too hard to do because of the rebates and profit margin, but getting the 0% AND $10k will be nearly impossible. Unless you're getting absolutely killed on your trade...
  • scottienycscottienyc Member Posts: 2
    Will be purchasing a yukon denali soon, was wondering how much a GMPP Major Guard and alarm upgrade should cost. How much did recent Yukon Denali owners paid for these add-ons?
This discussion has been closed.