Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon XL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

13»

Comments

• tommytgtommytg Member Posts: 15
    local dealer advertising in the paper this morning, '07 xl denali, $10,681 off msrp.

similarly, not sure whether to jump on it, or wait to see if deals and/or financing offers get sweeter by end of year...
  • aggie10aggie10 Member Posts: 17
    They look like the same vehicle when I line up the specs, but it seems like Yukons are about $1,500--$2,000 less expensive. Please help. Thanks.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Right now, there's a $2000 consumer rebate, and on top of that, if it's old stock (as a lot are, it's just pick and choose to find one), there's either another $2000 from GM (invoiced between 11/12/06 and 1/10/07) OR an extra $4000 cash from GM (invoiced between 12/1/05 and 11/11/06).

Of course, if you've already looked on Edmunds, you've probably seen this, but it's worth mentioning again, especially with people getting larger and larger discounts. Typical going rate (sans rebates) should immediately be invoice or around $500 or so under that (depends on the actual holdback and how badly they really want it gone), then minus any of the extra cash.

There actually seems to be quite a few of them nationwide that have been sitting long enough to get even the bigger $4000 extra old age cash, at least based on dealer ads. And even if not old, there's still an enough of an '07 abundance (at least in most parts) that dealers are doing all that they can as usual to get them out.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Are you kidding? Yes, they're the same vehicle, but the difference comes in the front fascia, some trim, and how each likes to set up their options vs. prices. They're actually almost always pretty close in price IF the equipment piece by piece is the same.

Double-check the specs both standard and optional, and go with either--as before, it basically just comes down to which look you prefer (Chevy or GMC) and/or what dealer and selection fits best.
    I think he's absolutely right in terms of the pricing, suburban is actually more expensive.

I like the idea of the Denali for the 6.2 and 6 speed, but prefer the looks of the Suburban front end. So...I checked out the Suburban, and the SLT actually stickers for more than the Denali...with a 5.3 liter engine and a 4 speed tranny. WTF? Yes, it does come with a couple of options not on the base denali, like 20" rims, but if I'm going to pay that kinda coin, I'm getting the big motor and 6 speed tranny that aren't offered on the suburban.
  • aggie10aggie10 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I just never realized they were so similar. I know that sounds stupid, but I was always just fixxated on the Suburban. Thanks, everyone.
    I far prefer the looks of the suburban as well. I like the front end much better, and like the sporty feel of the 'burb much better than the "blingy" feel of the denali. But...it doesn't look like they're putting the 6.2 or the 6 speed tranny in the chevy any time soon. A big part of my reason for upgrading is the lack of power for towing our boat in my current SUV. If I upgrade, I want the bigger engine and better tranny.
  • crutchycrutchy Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in selling my 2001 yukon xl, it has every option with 8.1 motor and allision trans. what would be a good price to ask. It has 70,000 excellent shape.
  • needcar3needcar3 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone knows if GMC is planning to bring back 0% financing on the Denali. I am looking to buy a 2008 and am not sure if I should wait a little longer to see if incentives get better.
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    It would be great if people shopping for and buying yukes would post their experiences.....is GMC really selling so few of these that there is noone out there who can post?? I m curious whether GM's supply issues that caused them to slash full size production for the remainder of the year will artificially hold up demand and prices.....i was hoping for continued production and some great year end deals....hopefully even the few that they are building will not sell without even greater discounts and subsidized interest rates.

I cant tell how many dealers actually have "arrow" cars on their lots eligible for the add'l memorial day cash or if this is a badly conceived bait and switch to lure buyers to the showrooms....
  • luvr1luvr1 Member Posts: 7
    Looking at the Yuke 2WD with few options. Dealer asking $35,000. Needs to be shipped since color etc. not on lot. NOBODY is in showroom. Nothing in stock. How are these guys making money? Are rebates, incentives going to last? Should we wait for 2009?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter would like to consumers who are looking to purchase an SUV right now. Please respond to [email protected] with your daytime contact information along with the vehicle(s) you are researching or looking to purchase no later than Tuesday, June 3rd.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gemmer1gemmer1 Member Posts: 2
    I was looking at a Yukon XL SLT2 (almost has everything as a Denali, but for less money) but it did NOT have Autoride and just this "Premium Ride" whatever THAT is. Anyone know if Autoride affects the smooth ride of the vehicle if NOT doing a lot of towing? I have a 2005 Denali and the ride is awesome as far as I"m concerned. Do the 08 models ride as well or better? I was considering a Suburban LTZ wtih Autoride, but it's about $4,000 more for very few extra options (Autoride is one of them!) Anyone that can help...I appreciate it. Glad they have Diamond white.
  • donahuesdonahues Member Posts: 36
    What are good deals on an 08 Denali XL these days? I am thinking it's time to trade out of my '02. 72 months financing is looking pretty good, but off what price? I see slightly used ones <10k miles are going for about $38 on ebay nicely loaded.
This discussion has been closed.