Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon/Yukon Denali Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1235»

Comments

• budnisabudnisa Member Posts: 4
    I am thinking about purchasing a leftover 2009 Yukon Denali. Dealer has one listed at $59,465 MSRP. How much are they willing to go below MSRP to get rid of these leftover 2009s? What is a fair price for this truck?

Thanks in Advance
  • aquariaaquaria Member Posts: 6
    I purchased a leftover 08 in Nov of last year and the MSRP was 59,010. I drove it off the lot for 40even.
    No matter what, the economy is still hard and dealers are happy to be selling anything these days, especially these big rigs compared to the greener cars coming out.
    Id hold tight or do some comparison shopping and come back with the lowest price to the dealer of your choice.
    Good luck.
  • budnisabudnisa Member Posts: 4
    Wow.....were there incentives on the 2008 you purchased or was the $40K just what you negotiated? That's incredible.

Thanks for your reply.
  • yukon_ctyukon_ct Member Posts: 2
    I bought my Yukon in February 2009 - and got a great deal in NYC- but the dealer said if I had bought in October/November/December of 2008 they were giving them away - when the economy was starting to tank and gas prices were outrageous. It's hard to compare prices now with a year ago...
  • rustyhingerustyhinge Member Posts: 6
    The latest post on this forum is from Dec '09. Anyone have any more recent experience on purchase price of a 2010 GMC Denali - fully loaded. Interested in pricing in Texas - DFW area.
  • chilldog3chilldog3 Member Posts: 3
    I'm talking to several dealers right now in NY. Best I'm seeing is $54K for 2010 denali with sun/ent. pkg. I then can take the 2.9% or the $2K. What are you seeing for pricing? I'm going to pull the trigger by next week so I'll keep the board updated on what I get it for. If anyone knows a dealer I should talk to, I'm willing to drive anywhere in the NE. Looking for a black 2010 Denali. Thanks-
    budnisa - can you provide me the dealer name in NYC that gave you a great deal? thnx-
  • yukon_ctyukon_ct Member Posts: 2
    i purchased my Yukon at City Cadillac Hummer Saab - they were great...they're in Long Island City...good luck
  • stone76stone76 Member Posts: 2
    for the month of May 2010.

I am looking at a 2010 Yukon with MSRP 56,000. What can I expect to pay if buying it?
    I called all over the NE and couldn't get much off. They are limiting production, only making what they sell. FWIW, the deal I got last month in NY was invoice of $59,162 and I got it for $55098.25. I hope you can do better! Sweet truck thought, the AC seats are NICE!
  • txpackersfantxpackersfan Member Posts: 27
    I haven't looked at a Denali in person yet, but near as I can learn from Edmunds and brochures I understand that the third row seats in a Denali are vinyl covered and not leather. Can any current owners confirm this?

I know GM has done this in the past on Tahoes and other vehicles so I guess it wouldn't surprise me that they do it again. If it's true, then I'd cross it off my list of potential vehicle purchases. If they skimp on the seating who knows where else they have skimped that you can't see.
  • mikeb1944mikeb1944 Member Posts: 1
    One dealer is trying to dump his inventory. Priced one loaded up that retailed for about $62k or so. His price was $58k including tax and license. I was offering cash and no trade-in.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    If he's trying to "dump his inventory" he will need to be much more aggressive than that. Offering $4k off a $62k vehicle almost nobody wants is not going to make his inventory disappear very quickly. Offer him invoice minus all incentives and see what else he'll throw in--maybe a $500 gas card.
  • bigkrngombigkrngom Member Posts: 7
    Which dealer was that bruin4? Im in socal and none of the dealers are willing budge... geez...
  • sivysivy Member Posts: 1
    Looking at the 2010 Denali XL with Nav, Bluetooth, Sunroof, etc. What kind of pricing are dealers offerring on leftover 2010s? I need navigation and bluetooth, but do not have kids so the DVD system is a waste. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find one without DVD - I hate paying for something I will never ever use.

Thanks in advance for any responses
  • vietcuvietcu Member Posts: 5
    Good luck Sivy, and also post if you find anything. I am searching for a SLT and a Tahoe LT. My local dealers are laughing when I am offering them anywhere close to invoice pricing. I had a dealer offering me a few hundred over MSPR OTD (TTL included). But that price had way too much options that I did not want or need. The search goes on, will post up once I find something.
  • vietcuvietcu Member Posts: 5
    Got me a SLT diamond white, MSRP 53290. Total OTD after TTL was 53,078. Plus I was fortunate enough to get a 1000 conquest off that price, opted for 0% financing. Had to go out of my state to get at that price though. Anything in my state was MSRP plus tax no negotiating, crazy is what I say.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who recently bought a used large truck or large SUV. If you have purchased a used large truck or SUV in the past 6 months, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. Pacific/ 4 p.m. Eastern Wednesday, April 18, 2012 with your daytime contact information.
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    I called all over the NE and couldn't get much off. They are limiting production, only making what they sell. FWIW, the deal I got last month in NY was invoice of $59,162 and I got it for $55098.25. I hope you can do better! Sweet truck thought, the AC seats are NICE!

You got $4k off invoice or sticker? That seems pretty steep. Anybody know what these things are going for now?
  • catdaddy25catdaddy25 Member Posts: 26
    I am interested in buying a new Yukon with Nav, Sunroof Etc. MSRP will be about 56K. Most dealers here in Texas are coming off about 6K. There seems to be a lot on the lots and not many seem to be moving. Any thoughts on when the push will be on the to get rif of the 2013's? Anyone bought one recently? Thanks
  • ajkajk Member Posts: 13
    catdaddy25,

I am located in NJ and am in the same situation as you. Watching and waiting for a push by GM to start moving the trucks out. Maybe labor day?

I wish there were more comments in these forums about deals people have been able to get....
    I have been watching the lots and there doesn't seem to be much movement of Yukons. There has got to be a push soon because I see a few 2014 models hitting the lots.
    The best deal I have got so far is a Yukon SLT MSRP is 58330. They offered the vehicle for $51485 for a $6485 discount off of the MSRP. Still looking for best deal
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with someone who is in the market right now for a big SUV. If you think you can help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by the end of the day on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.
  • wbtdallaswbtdallas Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a new Yukon Denali at the end of August in Dallas area. DVD and trailer brake option were the only things added on. MSRP was $59,865. I paid $50,100, so $9700+ of MSRP. GMC rebate at the time was $4000.

I was looking only at black on black Denalis with DVDs - so MSRP was in the 59ks for all vehicles I considered. I had a dialogue with every dealership in the area, done mostly by email. Most were offering about $7300 off, a couple dealers offered $8000 off, and another was at $8500 off. There was still a lot of inventory out there, and some dealerships in particular had a whole lot (the dealership I got this deal from only had a couple though) so I think these guys and GMC will have to get more promotional, but at almost $10k off I was very happy. Happy shopping to you all.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello wbtdallas,

I am glad you had a positive shopping experience and were able to get a great deal on your purchase which made you happy. I hope you are enjoying your Yukon Denali so far! If any concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to contact us. We can be reached via email at socialmedia(at)gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • agiancommoagiancommo Member Posts: 12

Hope I can revive this thread. I'm looking at 2014 Denali AWD. May I ask how much others paid for theirs or the price you used to base your lease on (given down pmt). I understand 2015s are coming out and they redesigned it. Hoping for a break on leasing a 2014. Thanks in advance.

• samfieldssamfields Member Posts: 2

I don't know that you need to lease the truck. Buying is probably a better move especially given the incentives out there to purchase the 14s. Also, you may want to consider whether it makes sense to put anything down on a lease. For what it's worth, we recently purchased an almost fully loaded (no auto retract steps) 2014 Yukon Denali XL for just under 60k - the final price had a 5 handle. Great deal, and great truck, so far. I imagine you could be in the mid 50s for the regular version.