Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon/Yukon Denali Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ajkajk Member Posts: 13
    No postings here for a while. Looking for guidance - in the market for a new Yukon Denali XL and would like to see how aggressive dealers are getiing.considering the slowdown in SUV sales. It looks like getting down to $46K after incentives (just Sun and Entertainment package) is no problem, but how does that compare to recent experiences that forum members have had? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • martincsmmartincsm Member Posts: 1
    It is time to upgrade and looking for some feedback on what the market is looking like.
    I want an 05 Denali XL with power sunroof, nav radio, rear seat entertainment, 2nd row capt chairs, nav system.
    I know what the general MSRP is but need to hopefully get the truth on what I should go in and expect. I also have a GMC in the driveway discount so not sure if I should apply that upfront or let the dealer give me his best offer.
    Thanks
  • ajkajk Member Posts: 13
    I just bought a truck like the one you are considering - MSRP was $56.7K, invoice at $50.5K, got it for $49.5K minus $4k in incentives. Going below invoice may require shopping around but it is certainly doable. The Employee Purchase Program that GM is making available in June along with the $3K in incentives should get you down to the price I paid in May but details are not out yet.
  • antreedantreed Member Posts: 1
    New member to this site...........hey I am about to purchase a 2002 Nali with 44,000 miles..on it for 27500.............is this a good deal.....

the car has no mods , but it has a 100000 mile bumper to bumper warranty , and is in excellent shape , an older guy owned it and kept in in tip top shape and is selling it now that his kids are all in college.

I figure the warranty itself is worth 2000............it doesn't have a sunroof , but I can get that installed for around 1000.........along with some other mods I am considering, like a pop up screen with dvd/navigation.
  • gates1gates1 Member Posts: 1
    just bot a '05 danali yesterday - msrp $54650ish emp price $46287 less $3k cash back- net price $43287+ tax,title etc etc

awesome vehicle-white ext tan leather int- has everything but the 2nd row buckets

really really nice truck - 11.1 mpg city so far - NOT NICE! but what do you expect.

aj
  • cudohocudoho Member Posts: 15
    Alexandria Va GMC dealer wants 40K (inlcuding all incentives) for V8 4wd Yukon with Nav/DVD, 2nd row captains chairs..would you please give some advise..
    thank you
  • zyvxnzyvxn Member Posts: 1
    I tried a different tactic this time in buying a vehicle (a Yukon Denali). I took the stance of wanting an "out the door" price rather than having to deal with Taxes and such. After all, a $40,000 vehicle with a 5% tax adds $2000 to what you are negotiate. It also helped me avoid stupid charges such as doc fees and such.

A couple of questions --
    Is there a way to figure out what the extended warranties are really worth. That was the only thing they came at me with at the end of the deal. They offered three levels as well. (I had to laugh at their $200 warranty coupon -- they set the prices, so a coupon on it is a bit of a joke) .Their prices were roughly $1300 for a standard warranty going to 6yr/60k up to about $1800 for the full coverage warranty for the same period.

If a sales person says the business manager stated "They will make it worth your while", how much is that in dollars? I couldn't get them to tell me or even ball park anything. This was a comment made to me on the phone to get me to come back. They initially offered me a higher price on a Denali, so I went to a different dealer. (After finding that I went to a different dealer, the sales persons told me that they didn't realize they could negotiate for a lower price with the business manager. The business manager said it was the best they could do and she believed him.....duh.) To get me back they made the above comment. I then told them what the current dealer was offering and said I come back immediately if they could beat it by $300. They said I should take the deal with that dealer (so they obviously couldn't make it worth my while).
  • elonepbelonepb Member Posts: 4
    I leased a 2005 Yukon Denali a few months ago... the extra options were the navigation system and the rear-seat entertainment. I bought it right off the lot, black color with the light interior. I did quite a bit of negotiating and in the end, I got the car for less then the dealer paid. I'm in a 4-year lease at 15,000 miles a year for $550 a month.

That's a pretty good deal if you ask me.
  • quickdropmarcquickdropmarc Member Posts: 14
    Use a GMS deal to purchase my 06 Denali today. Bought the Yukon Denali (Steel Gray Metallice) with the Sun, Destination, and Entertainment Package option, and also the 2nd row bucket seats. No other options added. MSRP was $54,090. My GMS price was $46,339.18; then I got the $5,500 instant rebate for a 2006 model bringing my price down to $40,839.18 before taxes and registration. Of course taxes are computed before the rebate, bringing the final price after taxes and registration back up to $45,290.36 out the door.

Still not bad for a new Yukon Denali, don't you think?

ciao,
    Marc
  • sdronsdron Member Posts: 29
    Good job Marc. What part of the country are you in?

Just curious. Why an 06 and not wait for an 07. Was it strictly dollars and cents or body style?
  • czr2czr2 Member Posts: 3
    Can you help me understand better? what is GMS#? I am looking at a purchase of the 06 but I am trying to look at all the pro's and cons of a denali. Thanks
    Marc, would you help me understand what GMS? I am looking at the 06 Denali (Black or white) with the Ent. Pckg also. I am in IL can you tell me how and where you obtained this price? just from shopping around at some local dealers, they dont seem to come close to your great deal I think.Based on the price i assume you did not opt for the 0%? thanks for the advise
  • sdronsdron Member Posts: 29
    They are offering $12,500 off 06 Denalis in San Diego.
  • mikesocalmikesocal Member Posts: 19
    I purchased a 2006 Denali XL with Sun, Entertainment (includes NAV, Rear DVD, 6-disc CD, Sunroof), 2nd Row Buckets, Silver Birch Metallic paint with Sandstone leather, during the last week of 2005. I simply took the red tag price, but gave up the $4K to get the 0% finance for 72 months (making it $49,958.73). The dealer didn't have exactly what I wanted in stock, so they had to locate and transport the vehicle (I very much wanted that exact combination...and the color combo wasn't easy to come by).

I also purchased the GMPP extended warranty (6 yr/100K mi) at a reduced price (they more or less matched the Black Pontiac online discount available via www.gmoutlet.com).

The dealer is #1 in service quality in the U.S., so I wanted to stick with them (everyone I dealt with was great). If I had started the process earlier, I probably could have gotten the price down further (below red tag), through lengthy negotiations (over a week or two), but I just didn't have the time.

So far, it's been a great vehicle. I did need to have the steering pump replaced due to loud whining (tied to RPM), but the dealer took care of that immediately without giving me any flack. Great service!

I just hope the vehicle stays great. I certainly don't need any of the problems I've read about in the other forums, but those appear to have been associated primarily with 03 and older models. I didn't see a large number of 04/05 model year complaints. I was encouraged by the recommendation by Consumer Reports for the Yukon line, based on their robust survey results, and the J.D. Power & Associates award.

I'll just keep praying that my Denali XL doesn't experience any substantial problems, and I'll also make sure I keep it serviced properly.

Now, if I could just find a good Bluetooth hands free kit that would integrate well with my Denali XL! That would really be nice.

Regards,

Mike
  • mikesocalmikesocal Member Posts: 19
    This is in response to the question asking for clarification as to what GMS is all about.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that GMS is the family discount program for employees of GM and their immediate family members.

Regards,

Mike
    Hey thanks for that info mike
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Actually the GMS in the GM Supplier program. Employees of companies that have a business relationship with GM are usually able to get a letter/certificate that authorizes that level of pricing. There is another slightly lower priced program for employees and family. In 2005 GM and other manufactures started giving everyone this price to move inventory. One good thing about the GMS programs was that the dealer in not able to charge you a DOC fee on the sale. Ours had a DOC fee preprinted on the contract, so they gave us an additional discount to off set that. We purchased an Envoy in May 2004 and it was a painless process, still got all the $5000 rebate as well. (Wife works for FEDEX and thus we qualify. If you work for a sizeable company, there is a fair chance that you might qualify.) www dot gmsupplierdiscount dot com is where you start...can get info and browse the site with a SID.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    Actually... I'm pretty sure that "GMS" is the acronym for the employee purchase program.. The "S" doesn't stand for "supplier" (though that was my assumption, as well).

The supplier discount program has some other designation or acronym that escapes me at this time...

You can find information about the supplier discount here:

GM Supplier Discount

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    They are offering $12K off the '06's since the '07s are now coming in.

Looked at an '07 Yukon SLT last night and all I can say is 'WOW!". The edmunds review was positive on this vehicle- but they didn't use enough creative expletives to describe how stunning it is. The look of it just ooozes quality. From the feel of the leather on the seats, to the style and wood on the dash. They're truly beautiful, and not any more $ than before.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Okay...it does look as if the GMS is for the employee program... Not sure if they have an acronym for the Supplier pricing program. Good deal if you qualify for either.
  • denaliinpadenaliinpa Member Posts: 169
    i just traded my 04 Yukon Denali for an 06. the 06 has
    the nav and DVD but not the 20" wheels. i paid 42200 in august of 04 for the 04(no nav or DVD). the 06 cost me 42300. i thought about waiting for the 07 but i figure it's best to give GM a year or so to work out the bugs on the new Denali. plus i doubt the discounts and rebates that are available now will be offered on the 07. as for any differences the 06 is quieter and the handling seems to be more controlled.
    i really like the touch screen stereo/navigation. it dresses up the dash quite a bit. i have yet to use the DVD but the wireless headphones are a nice touch. overall these are very comfortable, capable, and powerful vehicles.
  • njvikenjvike Member Posts: 56
    On the gas mileage is that city or highway?
  • njvikenjvike Member Posts: 56
    The '06 Denali does come with optional 20" wheels.
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    I thought he meant that he elected not to get the 20" wheels on his '06, not so much that 20" wheels were not offered on the '06. :confuse:
  • eaglesinxl1eaglesinxl1 Member Posts: 1
    I drive an Denali 05 with 20 inch wheels and they look great, but you must realize you give up some ride comfort over the standard 17"
  • denaliinpadenaliinpa Member Posts: 169
    hi guys,
    i am aware of the optional 20" wheels. i opted not to
    get them. i live in northeast pennsylvania....home of the worst roads in the nation!
  • gregbradygregbrady Member Posts: 5
    Looks like they are offering 0% now for 6 years, giving away money; I am torn between getting an 07 Denali, or a 06 Escalade. Only way I would get the 06 esc is if i could really steal it, how are both of these cars selling in Northern Cali? Currently have an 02 Denali, but want navi and entertainment. My guess is they should price out around the same, an 07 denali vs. 06 escalade. Any thoughts on these in Northern Cali? :)
  • kindzcarkindzcar Member Posts: 29
    I have heard about this but have not actually seen the 0% offered. Do you have a link and is it being offered on the 2007 Denali currently???

Thanx
  • pbanazekpbanazek Member Posts: 1
    Through my employer I have access to the supplier pricing program which is good (about invoice). My question relates to the dealer participation in this. Does the dealer have any money out of thier pocket for this or does GM pay the full shot. What I really want to know is how much wiggle room I have with my trade in or for a price below the supplier price.
  • nycinncnycinnc Member Posts: 9
    0% was only for the 2006's.
    The best the 2007's had was 2.9% (for 60 months), but that's gone now.
  • nycinncnycinnc Member Posts: 9
    I bought my fully loaded Denali 3 weeks ago with Supplier pricing. GM gives them money for the supplier pricing, so when it comes to trade ins they are alot tighter. I had some wiggle room with my trade but not much. They clearly said upfront they could "over value" my trade like they do for other deals.
  • naligirlnaligirl Member Posts: 9
    I closed a week ago on Friday and obtained the 2.9% financing. They didn't mention it going away at the time. I bought mine in Georgia. I can't speak to pricing as mine was a lemon buy back trade.
  • jaggigjaggig Member Posts: 2
    I'm interested in getting an '07 Denali. Right now the dealer is offering invoice price plus $3000 cash back with no special interest rate. Can we do better? Also is leasing a good option?
    We're deciding between the Denali and the Infiniti QX56.
  • speedracerrspeedracerr Member Posts: 6
    What region are you located? That's sounds like a very good offer.
  • jaggigjaggig Member Posts: 2
    Texas
  • breezybreingbreezybreing Member Posts: 7
    It's a great price with that 3k rebate. That's the best I've seen so far. I thought they only offer up to 2k rebate on the 07s.
  • lkweiterlkweiter Member Posts: 1
    I qualify for the Supplier discount through GM and we got a price for a 07 Denali. The MSRP was 55,630 and the dealer quoted me 51,192 (supplier cost). Is that fair? I thought we should be able to get a better price for the truck. There is a 2K incentive now but we may not qualify since they have to order the truck and that incentive may not be happening when the car comes in. I have all the options in there including nav, dvd, rear camera. The only thing I did not get was the 20 inch wheels.

Just curious what people think about that offer? Should I try to get a price without the supplier to see what I can get? How do you negotiate a price?

Thanks in advance!!
  • smm2smm2 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 06' Denali demo w/ 5K miles for $41k, and had everything but the 20" rims. The kicker was that I also was able to get the 0% GMAC financing over 72 months so I think I did OK.

I tried to get them to deal on the ext. warranty, but for some reason they wouldn't go down from the "book" rate he showed me.
  • cchisholm1cchisholm1 Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market for a fully loaded '07 XL Denali, through my research I am expecting MSRP to be $58-59K. I would so comments from your experiences please. My father has a saleman who he has dealt with for years that will more than likely locate my XL Denali and give me a good to great deal. My questions are, 1. What is the difference in Dealer, Invoice and Supplier Cost? I have read about Hold-Backs and different incentives, just want to know what others are paying and discovering through their reseach. I am prepared to offer $50K of the $58-$59K fully loaded nav, dvd entertainment, 20" Chrome package. I am I off base, dont want to get laugh off the lot but dont want to throw away good money. Thanks for any comments you all may be able to offer.
  • pmichaelmdpmichaelmd Member Posts: 8
    I just bought an almost fully-loaded '07 Denali and got what I think is a great deal. The MSRP was $55560 and I was trading a 2005 Trailblazer that had depreciated to the point of absurdity. Even the KBB value of my car was $12620. After hours of "playing the game," I managed to get a $2000 discount off of MSRP, a trade-in value of $16400, and I also got the dealer to make my first 6 months of payments ($4992). That gave me a total savings of $10772 off of MSRP before taxes, etc... $44788. I think this was a good deal and I couldn't pass it up.

Cheers,
    PMMD
    That sounds pretty good to me also, I dont know all the tricks of the trade nor do I have the time to play them. I have an update since my 1st post. I have been talking to 2 or 3 dealerships, I have one willing to sell to me a fully loaded ($59K MSRP) Denali for 2% over invoice (approx $53,868), then I get $2500 in rebates, sound like a deal. I have one more thing to check. My father has a salesman he has purchases vehicles from the last few years. I am pretty sure he will be the 2% over invoice and rebates. So after I give my old man time to work his magic I will pull the trigger on one. Oh did I feel to mention that these will be special ordered to get what I want, not what the deal has available.

Lastly, if you can pass some of your knowledge on trade-in negoitation I would appreicated it. I have '99 Chevy Suburban I will be trading in KBB $6200. Thank for all the info.
  • pmichaelmdpmichaelmd Member Posts: 8
    I'm not sure there are any tricks other than patient negotiation and knowing the values of Black Book/KBB/Edmunds TMV cold. I actually sat at the dealer's and went through the TMV while waiting for the salesperson to check on things. I also had the ability to walk out the door without pause. We had gone back and forth for about an hour and I finally said "thanks, I'll come back in 6 months" and went out to my car to leave. The sales manager came running out and made the offer I got...seems like they were interested in closing a deal and he was willing to use most, if not all, of his dealer hold back. Your car sounds REALLY loaded...I don't know what I'm missing. I have Black, 20" chrome rims, Nav, DVD entertainment, back-up camera, sunroof, heated wiper fluid, back up sensors...the only option I think I don't have is the heated steering wheel. What all are you getting on yours? I wouldn't settle for anything over invoice as the dealer should be able to get to within $100 of invoice BEFORE rebates.

Best of luck...it's a great SUV!

PMMD
    The vehicle has all your options plus, the auto step assist ($995), heated steering wheel and the Blue-Green Crystal paint job ($350-$385). The information about within $100 of invoice is useful. With my current offer I am paying 2% or about $1K. But I will use this info to go back to the table. Thanks for the help.

CCC
  • funk007funk007 Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a great deal to me. I bought an `06 in June with just under 12,000 miles for $39,000. It was loaded with Nav, DVD, ETC. GMAC financed, but not 0%!
    I love this truck!
  • dubldocdubldoc Member Posts: 15
    Remember, even 'Invoice' is a game these days. I bought my '05 Denali XL 7/05 in Greensboro NC, MSRP was 53+, paid 41k!!! (less than 'Invoice'). Now have 19K miles, only problem is roof light out and font and rear tire pressure sensors reversed(!), oh, and the black paint doesnt wear well. My buddy bought an '07, already been in shop x3, for battery, blown radio. I like the vehicle but will never buy american again... I'm replacing my blown up intrepid (68k miles) with a new Lexus...
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    What would be considered a good deal right now. The one I am looking at is pretty loaded with an MSRP of 59,115 and an invoice of 53486. GM is currently offering 2K of customer cash. How much off MSRP should be considered a good deal (I'm not necessarily looking to steal the car)?

Thanks.
    I got my '07 during thanksgiving weekend in Orlando, FL. I had a '99 Suburban as a trade-in and was given a good price for it. After that we word on the out the door price. The MSRP was $59,300 I believe. I got my truck for $53,574 (including $300 SC taxes). I had two dealerships offering to sale or special order the same Denali (fully loaded, Blue-Green Crystal) for $52,828. i went with the one I did because it was on the lot, not ordering need. So thats the price I would shot for if I was you, do concern yourself with rebate this and rebate that, just the them you want the out the door price to be under $53,500 and the will step up to the plate or back pedal. If you would like so supporting documents feel free to email me @ chisholm1001@yahoo.com. Hope this helps, and I love the ride its for my wife but I am test driving it for her until she returns from overseas. Its a sure head turn. Their is not another 07 XL Denali in my area for the moment so I have the new hottness.
  • kficeman1kficeman1 Member Posts: 12
    Black w/black interior

Options:
    20" Wheels
    DVD entertainment
    Navigation
    Rear Camera
    Sunroof

Out the door $52K

-Kevin
    Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, the 52,828 you got was after the customer cash right?
    Thanks Kevin. Do you know off hand what the MSRP was?