Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cedwardscedwards Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for all your help. I purchased an 05 AWD with touring package in Cinti and got 3000.00 off invoice, came to 34139.00 before taxes and title.
  • mmanchanmmanchan Member Posts: 2
    I purchased an 05 FX35 AWD w/ Touring package at the end of Feb 06 for $35,500+taxes, title, doc
  • rjsatlrjsatl Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

Here is another price point - Atlanta, GA area.

I purchased an '06 FX35: AWD, Tech, Sport, and touring packages the last weekend of Feb. MSRP was ~$48400, got a little over 4K off, plus 4K more for my trade-in than Lexus was offering (about $2500 over KBB). I am pleased with the deal - plus it was the exact car I wanted.

RJ
  • dexquedexque Member Posts: 2
    Can you pass on the name and number of the dealership?

Thanks
  • dexquedexque Member Posts: 2
    Can you provide dealer contact information?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    Just put a deposit on the following in the Philly area:

06 FX35 AWD
    Tech w/ XM
    Touring
    Handsfree
    Splashguards
    Cargo Protector
    Roof Crossbars
    (Beryllium / Brick-Black)

$42,442 including destination.

with the fee to transfer the tags and the "documentation fee" it comes to $42,570.

West Chester Infiniti.

Negotiated via email & phone in one afternoon with one of the internet sales guys. I haven't been to the dealer in 2 months (test drove the 06 when it first came out, haven't been back since) and the sales guy that had been helping me before is no longer there.

Going in tomorrow just to pick up my credit card recipt from the deposit. Car should be in by 2nd week in April. If there are no surprises this was even easier than my last car purchase, and I thought that one had gone smoothly.

I will keep everyone posted in case there are any surprises at the end.
  • rjsatlrjsatl Member Posts: 2
    Sure. Dealer is Roswell Infiniti of North Georgia, Roswell, GA.

They do not have an internet department, but I had gotten quotes from other area Infiniti internet departments and knew what they had in stock (which Roswell was aware of). They others' quotes were not quite as good as these guys.

I was getting ready to hold off buying as I didn't seem to be able to get the deal I wanted, but the salesperson from Roswell called me that Saturday morning (last one of Feb) and told me that I could expect some good deals that day. He was right.

RJ
  • ebuchholtzebuchholtz Member Posts: 4
    The Dealership is Lokey Infiniti, 19740 U.S. Highway 19 North, Clearwater, Florida. Good Luck!
  • bert99991bert99991 Member Posts: 1
    Hello car_man & kyfdx and all.
    I was at my local Infiniti dealer this past weekend and I got a quote on a 2006 FX35 RWD Touring and handsfree for 37300+tax and license. Is that a good deal? I've been checking around and invoice on Edmunds is $37,038. Thats approximately 300 bucks over invoice. Does that sound right? Or am I missing something Does anyone know if there is a low APR coming soon.
    Please let me know
  • mylanmylan Member Posts: 1
    Looking at the '06 FX35 to lease. Have leased a LExus twice now and am ready for a change. Anyone have any advice for me? I was given a monthly lease rate of $621 including taxes on 12,000 miles - 0 down except the first month etc....think that is pretty high! This quote was through the internet. The dealer was approximately the same.
    HELP - don't want another Lexus!
  • mtran_fx35mtran_fx35 Member Posts: 2
    All -

:) Though I share with you what I paid for my 2006 FX35. Hopefully others will find this helpful in their next purchase.

2006 FX35 RWD
    Sport Pkg,
    Touring Pkg,
    Hands-Free Pkg,
    Roof Rail Cross Bar,
    Splash Guards,
    Sunroof Wind Deflector,
    Cargo Area Protector

TOTAL PRICE: $40,550

HTH
  • snoozsnooz Member Posts: 3
    Hey HTH,
    Is the price inclusive of taxes? If so which dealer did you go to? I am in houston and am looking for a similarly equipped FX
    D
  • stillgoing1stillgoing1 Member Posts: 8
    I'm also in Houston and looking for a FX45. There aren't many of them around, especially in Texas (dealer says most buyers don't want to pay for AWD and bigger engine). Several internet depts around town are at a $1,700 discount off MSRP to trade for the car elsewhere, right out of the gate without negotiating. I suspect deals on FX35s will be better.
  • fxyguyfxyguy Member Posts: 1
    I got my Berrylium 2006 FX-35 for $40,900 from Infiniti Thousand Oaks, CA. They had to bring it from another dealer 130 miles away, because Berrylium is a harder color to obtain with the options I wanted. I didnt want the Nav-system, but I took the sport suspension and 20" wheel package, the bluetooth handsfree, the Touring Pkg and the keyless entry system. I am happy with the car's performance, and unhappy with the electronics packages - they have 2 design bugs, so far, from the factory:
    1) bluetooth - if phone drops the cell's connection, it often hangs in phone mode, and the dashboard buttons wont disconnect and return to radio/cd modes. Only turning off the ignition resets the hung state of the system.
    2) keyless entry - the radio beacon that the car emits to sense if a key fob is in the area, happens to also sense other makes, such as Toyota. I had a Prius with its own wireless key system park next to me, and the signal it sent out caused my car to go into total lockdown theft protection mode, which required a flatbed tow to the dealer to restore the system to an unlocked state. This is a factory design flaw (since there is no override to the chain-of-intrusion lockdown mode) and until other people complain about it, they wont issue a software patch to provide an override mode for the customer to reset it with. I hope I never park next to another Prius at the Grand Canyon - the towing hassle would be enormous!
    Overall - I like the car and the dealer operates a very good customer-oriented shop.
  • sak5150sak5150 Member Posts: 2
    In Minneapolis I purchased 05 AWD with touring package with a MRSP of $40,600 for $34,350 plus tax, title and license.
  • mtran_fx35mtran_fx35 Member Posts: 2
    snooz -

Price is before taxes. Taxes was around $3K.

HTH
  • dm8182dm8182 Member Posts: 4
    I recently purchased (3 weeks ago) a new 2005 RWD with touring/technology in Northern California for $35,560 (not including taxes). From what I'm reading it appears this was a good deal? Certainly any dealers with 2005 new vehicles left are aggressive to move them from the lot. I originally used "cars direct" pricing as my leverage and then went from there. Originally wanted the AWD, but really don't think I'll miss that $1500 option that much.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    wow. interesting. yeah, carsdirect only shows the AWD '05 for me, and a target price of $700 over invoice. So certainly nowhere near the deal you received.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• dm8182dm8182 Member Posts: 4
    Ultimately I believe that its the individual dealerships that provide the pricing to Cars Direct. So in some instances the pricing will be there & others it might not In my case, it was actually somewhat dated (week old), but they honored it & then beat it by a few hundred. Also, remember that even at what they claim to be "invoice", the dealer is STILL making a fair amount of profit, so when they sell a car for "X" over invoice, trust me they are still profiting! They should want to move the 2005 models off of the lot, even if at breakeven or at a small loss, I'd think! What I did was go to the www.infinity.com website, look for dealerships, indicate how far you are willing to drive and then pick up the phone & ask if they have any 2005's left over. It worked out well for me! Good luck...

d
  • neilk356neilk356 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Anybody know how the APR differs between leasing and buying assuming excellent credit? I see that Infiniti is offering a money factor of .00193 (4.632%) on some leases. Can I expect to get anywhere near that on a purchase?

Thanks,
    Neil
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    I know that all dealers can use the in-house financing, but they could also work with local banks. I was very surprised to get 5.35% on a 60 month loan when we purchased ours last week.

They actually used a local credit-union. Interestingly enough, it's the same credit union I have available to me through work - and their published rates were no where near that good.

I had secured a 5.6% rate with Capitol One Auto Finance through Costco and thought that was very competitive, but the dealer was able to beat it.

It was definitely much more comfortable knowing what we qualified for through Capitol One, and letting the dealer compete for a better rate. I would highly recommend it!
  • mastermind73mastermind73 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I'm in the market for a FX35 RWD with touring package. Like blue or graphite color. A local dealer has offered it for 37K + taxes. Has anyone else got a better deal here.

Pls lemme know.
  • tiger123tiger123 Member Posts: 2
    What would it take for me to pay no more then $500 with taxes included a month on the Lease of a 2006 Infiniti FX RWD, im not to worried about the options, as long as I can keep the monthly dues at that budget...

Can someone give me the entire formula that includes the following:

MSRP:
    Selling Price:
    Invoice Price:
    Money Factor:
    Capital Cost:
    Residual:
    Down Payment: If I can avoid giving a downpayment would be great!!!

Anything else I would need to know, please educate me on this; since I' am going to be leasing for the first time...

thanks to all in advance
  • yzyyzy Member Posts: 3
    looking at buying a 06 fx35 RWD in the So Cal area within a month. I've started to email nearby dealerships to get some initial quotes. Anybody have any recent quotes? I'm hoping to end up somewhere around 34-35k before tax/fees.
    yzy,
    looking for the same vehicle, posted on this form last week no response yet. the best deal i've got so far is $300 above invoice on fx35 with touring. 34-35K sounds too good now, pls post and lemme know if you found a good deal. will do the same.
    mastermind, i've only just gotten an initial quote for 35900 for a 06 RWD with no options. This doesn't sound too great to me so I'm puttin on the gloves now. I'll keep you guys posted on what my final price is.
    about 500 over invoice (including dest charges). yup doesnt sound great at all. I also got an email quote last night saying they have huge discounts on 06 FX35 to make way for 'New Year Models'. Wonder if the 07s are coming out soon?? or maybe they just got confused with G35s..
    cant believe it, not even one post here in a day!! .. either these forums are dead but nobody's buying fx35s anymore.. wondering. :confuse:
  • fxdtxfxdtx Member Posts: 1
    I'm a little confused. Looking at an FX35, about to talk to the dealer, and what I've read in previous posts are prices closer to MSRP than invoice. I assumed that was normal. Now I'm seeing closer posts at closer to invoice. Is the new year model about to come out? Special end of fiscal year pricing? Economy? Fuel costs? What's driving the cost down now? :confuse:
  • seanh2oseanh2o Member Posts: 27
    I got a quote for 300 over invoice for any FX35 AWD's. Is this worth considering?

Or should I find those 2005's that are going for 3500 under invoice? I did manage to find one but in CA. And I live in OH, hahah.

One thing to note is that the navigation system for FX's are not impressive compared to that installed on Acura MDX's that has voice activated commands and touch sensitive screens. I would dare to say that FX navigation system are a JUNK! heheh. So my choice would be to get the one without the tech package and get a Garmin nav. :)
    Carman where are you? Could I get some help on FX35 here? hehe :)
    I'm looking at 06 35s and 45s - my experience - 45s in Houston, where all dealers have this mandatory 2yrs "free" maintenance - $1,000 over invoice is the best you can do. I'm sure that 35s can be had for less. $500 over invoice feels achievable, though I haven't specifically tested it. I think in other spots without the maintenance, Dallas, Austin, lower pricing may be achieved. 45s are tough in Texas because almost nobody gets one, so, inventory is slim. Most of the inventory is 35RWD, and, that is where best pricing will be found. I definitely believe it is invoice plus some number under $1,000 now.
  • jdonahuejdonahue Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone have information on when the 07's are going to be available? I am still holding out on my purchase hoping they will improve the nav system and put an auto hatch release in the car. It amazes me that nearly every crossover has auto release and the FX still does not.
    This vehicle must be dead. Is anyone interested in purchasing FX35? If nobody really cares, doesn't that mean that the vehicle price should come down? I have been checking my local deal stock and it doesn't seem they are changing much. CARMAN, are you reading this post?
    I am not sure if anyone cares about this vehicle now, but here's my current offer.

FX35 AWD Saphire/wheat
    Touring, Hands-free, Sports package
    Mud guard, Roof Alum Cross Rail Bar, Cargo Protector

Invoice price : $40502
    Offer Price : $40502

Is this a go or no go? Someone please comment? :):cry: :P ;) :surprise:
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    I loved it (03FX45). Got it with a $7200 discount and 1.9% financing. After 34,000 miles I wanted something more economical (I averaged 16.2mpg) so I just traded for a Toyota Camry Hybrid. Basically I was able to trade even and I must say out of about 30 new cars I've owned the FX has been my favorite.

However I wanted an economy car and I just didn't need 3 vehicles. Hope whoever gets it enjoys it as much as I did.
  • pwabepwabe Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2006 FX 35 with touring/tech/and hands free pkg for $100 under invoice ($46260 MSRP). My friends at Infiniti of orland park, IL treated me very well. Would highly recommend them. Is anyone one doing better price wise?
    I ended up buying a FX35 RWD tech, touring, handsfree, sport, etc. I live in Houston but I ended up buying from Austin. They were ultimately willing to deal and they had the vehicle I wanted. Houston seems to be a tough market price wise because all the dealers add in "free" maintenance for 2yrs. I think it's a scam and I didn't want it. Once you get them off the "discount off MSRP" to invoice plus, then they want to add in $750 for this maintenance. Ultimately I got one down to $350 for it, but, I still didn't want to pay that. Dallas and Austin markets don't force that maintenance on you, so, they seem to be a little more price competitive. Ultimately Austin gave me a reason to go up there. In price I was a little over invoice. I would highly recommend them. They made sure everything ran smooth and I was out quickly.
  • barrywebarrywe Member Posts: 1
    I see a lot of posts referencing the "invoice" price. My question is has anyone had success negotiating from the published invoice minus the manufacturer's "holdback". CR states it's reasonable for dealers to expect a 4 - 8% over that price. Any luck?
  • cf626cf626 Member Posts: 2
    got a quote from a local dealer on a 05 FX35 with 8300 miles on it. The car is diamond graphic metalic exeterior, black leather interior and is equiped with everything except a DVD entertainment system. The Dealer gave me $36000 plus tax and fees, which come to a total of $38,000. The car is a good condition.

What u guys think.
    Thanks
  • mercury88mercury88 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys

Long time reader, first time post..

Lease ran out on the FX 35 Black w Brick/black...spousal unit wanted a 45 so we negotiated a new 45 with tech package, roof rails ( undecided if i like em yet), run flats, air deflector for sun roof, for no down and 685 month for a 36 at 12 per year.

hte 45 runs more smoothly than the 03 35. Much better on sharp bumps and the V8 is really different. More Jaguar S type feel thanthe 35 to me. Feels more smooth and like the motor is loafing, whenthe 35 was whirring. Not sure which I like the most yet.

Any one have experience with the Potenze run flats? Thanks for this baord I have used it alot and felt I should post since I use your posts for information.

New 45 is black with the Expresso interior...really nice.

Will post some pics of both soon...

Jim
    Alabama
  • deaniedeanie Member Posts: 172
    Hi All:
    Looking for an FX35 AWD w/touring and hands free (I want a base model w/no options but they don't exist and I don't have 3months to wait on a special order).

Salesman at the Bethesda dealership offered $500 over invoice but we're not going for it at that price. I told him so and asked him to check w/manager about a better price. He said he'd call me the following day but didn't. I'll give him till Friday and if he doesn't respond I'll move on. Any comments?

Anyone think a rebate will come up in July? Any comments about the price, anyone?
    Regards,
    Deanie
  • jkilicjkilic Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I own an 2005 FX35 AWD (Liquid Platinium/Black) with 23500 miles on it. ALthough it is an amazing car, I want to sell it because it is too big for me. I am single and still a student and I want to get a 2 door sport car instead. Any idea of how much I should ask? The car is in mint condition with sport/touring/technology package and has splach guards and cargo area protector.

Thank you ahead of time.
    so i've gotten this offer. fx35 rwd w/touring package for 100 over invoice
  • nascarqueen24nascarqueen24 Member Posts: 25
    A good afternoon FX fans:

I am in Toronto Canada - poised to purchase a FX35

Does anyone have recent pricing info in the Toronto or Ontario area?

The base FX35 (without the tech package) is $55,450. Does anyone have the dealer invoice price on this?

Do those companies like CarCostCanada, really have the dealer invoice or are they spoofing customers?

I figure the hold back of 1-2% they will get is sufficient profit - so I will offer the dealer invoice.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Kindest Regards To All

NascarQueen24
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    From what I'm reading it appears this was a good deal? Certainly any dealers with 2005 new vehicles left are aggressive to move them from the lot.

I realize dealers have to treat this like a new car, but unless you plan on keeping this car several years you will have an immediate 2 years depreciation on the 05 leftover when the new ones come out in a few months.

I bought a leftover 03 FX45 several years back but I was able to get $7200 discount and 1.9% financing. Even with that I had $11,000 in depreciation when I recently traded it. Had I paid MSRP (like all of them were selling for 6 months before I bought) I would have lost $18,000. With the deal I had I can't complain about my ownership experience.

Overall though the FX45 was one of my favorite cars of all time, and I've owned a lot. I decided to go with an economy car and didn't need a third vehicle so the FX had to go.
  • damavrdamavr Member Posts: 15
    I am ready to buy a new car sometime between now and the next 3 months. I have decided that I like the 2006 FX35 but need some buying advice. There are 2 Infiniti dealers in town, currently they have 47 2006 FX35 in inventory.

I want to get the best possible deal so I am wondering if I should wait until the 2007's hit the lot and then purchase a 2006.
    Anyone knows when the 2007 will hit the lot? I saw at the Infiniti dealership that couple of their models where already 2007.
    Also can you buy an 2006 FX35 under invoice? and if you can how much under?

Any other advice you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks
  • damavrdamavr Member Posts: 15
    Is anyone buying this car? The board has been "dead". Please provide some help (see below).

Thanks

I am ready to buy a new car sometime between now and the next 3 months. I have decided that I like the 2006 FX35 but need some buying advice. There are 2 Infiniti dealers in town, currently they have 47 2006 FX35 in inventory.

I want to get the best possible deal so I am wondering if I should wait until the 2007's hit the lot and then purchase a 2006.
    Anyone knows when the 2007 will hit the lot? I saw at the Infiniti dealership that couple of their models where already 2007.
    Also can you buy an 2006 FX35 under invoice? and if you can how much under?

Any other advice you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks
  • martin54martin54 Member Posts: 2
    Last week I got my new (15 miles) FX 35, Diamond Graphite with Tech package etc, and XM. list $46250 for $42650. Exactly what I wanted, but I needed rack crossbars. I was quoted the correct list price for them plus $250 for labor. I agreed.
    The next day I called the service/parts of the SAME dealer (RI's only dealer) and was quotes $100 for the labor. The saleswoman was very apologetic when I called to make an issue of it.
    The fault was the sales manager, not the polite saleswaman.
    I got the problem sorted out.
    There is a loose string coming out of a window frame, can I just pull it, till it all comes out?

I love my FX. It is actually for my wife, but I am not letting her drive it just yet.
    Martin54