Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fx35guyfx35guy Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Bought 2007 FX 35 AWD with the following
    Sport Package
    Touring Package
    Hands Free
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Protector

Out of the door price was $41,997. Got the 1.9% for 60 months. Because my tag needed a replacement they charged me for that and also for the finance charge to the state.

How does this price sound? Live in SFLa
  • jriker1jriker1 Member Posts: 11
    Depends on how much you paid for the above and with destination charges. Invoice is $40,387 with those specs, so if the $41,998 is with tax that would be a good price.
    I must say that I normally do not spend my time to post bad comments but had to do so. I was looking at a vehicle just like post #1210 got. I was quoted $40,225 for it before taxes.

I inquired about the new $1,000 marketing incentives that just started and if I could get a better deal due to this. I get some story that he lost his incentives in lue of the 0.9% financing and now has to charge me $41,225. There wasn't even a marketing incentive last month for the 07 so not sure what he is talking about. Go figure, 08's are on the lot and they are raising the price for the 07's big time over invoice.

Plus they advertised in the paper the other day $5,500 off 07 FX35's. I was skeptical because they showed a picture of the FX35 and a stock number under it, but nothing to say it was only on that vehicle. Ended up being a dealer demo and only for that vehicle.

Slimmy tactics that I would expect better from at an Infiniti dealer.
  • lirpa007lirpa007 Member Posts: 14
    Was that the total price including down payment and taxes? If so, I'd say you did well. Who was your dealer? :confuse:
    Here is my contribution to this thread. Just picked one up and wasn't expecting to. Couldn't resist:

- 2008 FX35 AWD
    - Sport Package
    - Touring Package
    - Hands Free
    - Roof Rails
    - Cargo Protector
    - Splash Guards
    - Locking wheels
    - SHEER PLATINUM color
    - XM (Standard Now)

Ended up getting the vehicle for 43k (invoice $41,551 not including advertising charge) except for taxes. Was expecting to pay around 40k for an 07, however considering this was just off the truck, first shipment for 08's, has a paint job that is an extra $850, and the price is slightly higher, feel like this was a good deal.

JR
    You bought one afterall...sounds good, considering you got the new edition ('08) in sheer platinum. Do you know if the ipod option really exists on the '08s? :D
    Yes and no. The IPod connector is now a factory option however this one didn't have it. They charge about $400 for it which is a lot for a 8mm dim connector. Rather use my $30 radio transmitter if I have to pay for it. They also locate it in the glove box which is kind of a bad spot for it if you want open access to the unit. You can also have the dealer put one in and they said when they do it the connector goes in the arm rest storage area between the driver and passenger seats.
  • atlantadetroitatlantadetroit Member Posts: 1
    I am going to buy a fx 35 tomorrow and want to know how to find out what the invoice is? I believe they only show the msrp.Is it reasonable to think I can buy it for 4-5k less than msrp? Also I know I want navigation are there any other features that you would reccomend? Thanks

Gary
    I would suggest going to Edmunds.com and configure the car as you like. It will tell you the MSRP, Invoice, and what people in your area are paying, however not sure where that last bit of data is coming from.

Are you going to try and get an 07? Guessing so by your thoughts of getting it that much below invoice. With the $1,000 marketing support, I would bet you won't see it more than $1,000 under the invoice if you are lucky. Infiniti doesn't discount heavily. Some even still have 06 models in their lot they won't discount heavily to sell. 4 - 5 thousand under invoice would be unheard of on a new car. Dealer isn't going to take that much of a loss to sell it.

One cute thing Infiniti told me is if they have 08's on the lot they will try and get rid of the 07's. If the dealer you are talking to has no 08's yet, they will sell the 07's as if the 08's were not out yet and price accordingly.

As for what else you need, hard to say as I opted to not want to spend money on the navigation system since it is not something I would use much and is the most costly addition. I opted for the sport package for the nicer tires and suspension, the touring package for the sunroof, and the hands free to talk on my blue tooth phone and not have to wear a ear piece or hold the phone.

Just my input. Good luck.
    I'm just curious... did any of you get a cigarette lighter with your fx. I don't smoke, but I can't seem to find the lighter. I have seen the outlets, but no lighter :confuse: Is that an option too?
    They are all 12 volt power outlets. There is no lighter in the car.
  • blairmsblairms Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking at buying a 2008 FX35 with tech & touring & AWD, but I have the option of purchasing a slightly used 2006 FX45 with Tech, Sport, & AWD for a few thousand dollars cheaper.

Any thoughts on the disadvantages of purchasing the 45?
  • floridastevefloridasteve Member Posts: 13
    Curious,
    when is Infiniti's "end of business year".
    Thanks in advance for the info.
  • g8tr80g8tr80 Member Posts: 7
    I live in Central Florida and was just given a quote of $38.5 K + TTL on an '07 FX35 with Touring and Hands-Free Packages. Sound like a reasonable deal?

Also, could anyone recommend a Florida dealer that I should get a quote from?
  • aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    On a 2007 2WD FX35 with Touring & Hands-Free:

MSRP = $40,460
    Invoice = $37,148

You've been quoted almost $1,400 above invoice. That's probably not a great deal... especially with the 2008s right around the corner.

Edmund's TMV says they're going for around $200 above invoice. I've personally received a quote for around $100 above invoice. You can do better...! Good luck.
  • g8tr80g8tr80 Member Posts: 7
    Ok. Thanks for the feedback. Can I ask where you got the quote for $100 over invoice? Thanks again.
  • themays2003themays2003 Member Posts: 5
    I just received a quote on a 2007 AWD FX35 in the Columbus Ohio area with the following:

Touring
    Hands Free
    Cargo Protector
    Splash Guards
    Sunroof Deflector

I believe the MSRP was $42,290.00

The dealer listed the following on his quote:

Total Cap $40,232.38 (including taxes)
    Residual - 67%
    Monthly lease payment $486.42 for 24 months and 12K miles
    $2000 out the door

They listed cap reduction of $647.93
    Tax $90.65
    $100 Doc Fee
    $80 License Fee
    $486.42 Advance Pymt
    $595 Bank Fee

Rate 0.26

Is this a good deal? I see a lot of people with monthly payments and they have the sport and/or technology packages. I would not even know how to neg. on a lease. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what all of these numbers mean and my husband is from England and has never leased before so this is all new to him. We are supposed to make a decision about the FX today and I'm not sure how or if we can lower the price. Any help that can give us would be great.

As an added note does anyone know of dealers somewhat close to Ohio that may have new (not demos) '07's in black, navy or white? Our local dealers only have Liquid Platinum which is nice, but not my first choice.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • themays2003themays2003 Member Posts: 5
    Wow, that is great. I had to work to get a 24 mo lease with 12K miles at $456 per month and $2000 out of pocket WITH only a touring and handsfree package. I showed the dealer your deal and they said it was because that was NY. Enjoy!
  • handsoffmyfxhandsoffmyfx Member Posts: 4
    Hello Everyone:

Just had to share my experience. I've had my FX35 for over a week now and I love it.

2007 AWD Autum Copper
    Sport, Hands free and Touring packages
    XM radio
    40,767 +TTL/doc w/1.9% for 48 mos

I feel I got a good deal. Couldn't get the dealership to toss the doc fee but oh well, I wanted the car.
  • spxksspxks Member Posts: 4
    TN - This was a 2007???
    If that was the case they were doing high fives as you pulled away from the dealership. That was a terrible deal.
    Sorry.
  • verystingyverystingy Member Posts: 36
    Congrats on the FX. I love mine too but I wish I could have gotten the Autumn Copper. It's really sharp. Enjoy it.

Sal
  • chavez1971chavez1971 Member Posts: 1
    I think I got a killer deal last Friday:

2006 FX35
    9800 miles, Excellent condition interior/exterior.
    Sport Package
    Run Flat Package
    Technology Package (Navi+Sirius)
    Hands-Free Package
    DVD Mobile Entertainment

I love this freakin car.
  • fletchfxfletchfx Member Posts: 1
    Not sure where you purchased your 07 but we got a 2008 Pearl AWD for a very good price (I think).

Touring Package, Hands Free, Roof Rail Cross Bars, Cargo Protector & splash guards for $40,900 and no documentation fees or dealer add ons just the sales taxes and licesne transfer fee.

The wholesale value of our 2001 Mercedes C 240 was $11,000, which is what they offered. In response to my offer of $39,500 for the FX they responded with no reduction in price but raised offer on trade in to $12,400 thus reaching same bottom line price so made the purchase.

Harper seems to be a great dealership to go along with a great vehicle.
  • handsoffmyfxhandsoffmyfx Member Posts: 4
    I disagree. I did plenty of research and number crunching and previous posts on this thread detail similar deals. I'd LOVE to hear about your deal and how well you did on your FX35/45 purchase. ;)
  • jpiatchekjpiatchek Member Posts: 177
    Last Friday I purchased a new 2007 demonstrator FX35 with 7,000 miles. It was never titled and driven exclusively by the dealers girlfriend. Premium package, handsfree, technology package, cross rails, cargo protector and splash guards. MSRP was $46,560 and I paid $39,000 no document fees, about $7500 off MSRP. The warranty started Friday and is good for four more years. I negotiated for 3 hours and walked out the door 3 times and that was the best could do. I could have bought a 2008 for invoice, but we couldn't locate the right color with tech package. I could have purchased a 2007 with no miles, sport and premium packages, hands free with a $44,200 MSRP for $39,000, but elected to go with the tech package which is hard to find in a new 2007. It is our second FX tech and really enjoy it.
  • yunsooyunsoo Member Posts: 1
    I just bought FX-35 a Month ago. It's a Berryrillum FX35 AWD /w Sports/Entertainment/Tech pkgs. Found out Infiniti dealerships had a special deal for our company's employees through the Infiniti VPP program. Paid $43,700ish. Is this a good deal? The dealer showed me on his screen that with all the options the car came with, to be almost 51K. Any Infiniti dealers on here to confirm?

edit: These are the pkgs the truck came with.

Touring, Hands-Free, Sports, Technology, Run-Flat, Infiniti Mobile Entertainment System (10inch Monitor / Wireless head-phones, 30games, 1 wireless controller).

Free oil change 'till 30K miles, free car-wash for the duration of warranty, and some other "benefits"...

bought through Infiniti of Chantilly in Virginia.
  • fzanettifzanetti Member Posts: 7
    Hello guys,

Just picked mine up, 08 Black on Brick with the following:

Touring Package
    Technology Package
    Hands Free Package
    IPOD connector
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Area Protector
    Black Roof Rail Crossbars

MSRP 47,070.00

Price Paid: 40,800.00 + TTL

Been trying to get a deal with a couple of dealerships for a while now, finally pulled the trigger on this one.

Very happy with purchase and will enjoy every minute of it.

Dealership: Herb Chambers in Boston, will give contact if anyoen needs it, please mgs me.

Other cars on the fleet:

2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT Limited
    2001 Audi A6 2.7T 6MT with Sports Package

Cheers,

Flavio Zanetti
    Boston, MA
  • lbuschur2lbuschur2 Member Posts: 1
    :blush: I've been considering getting an FX35 for 3 months now. Actually I'm obsessed with it. I LOVE THEM. I test drove one on Saturday and now the obsession has become worse. :blush:

I've been quoted 38,900 for an FX35 with AWD Sports Package/Touring/HandsFree Packages/Splash Guards, Ipod Interface and Cargo Protector. IS this a good deal? :confuse: Seems to me that based on Edmunds it is a great deal.

I live in Ohio so I am worried about the snow and driving the FX, so if there is anyone out there with experience with the FX in the snow, I'd love to hear from you.
  • fzanettifzanetti Member Posts: 7
    I believe it is a great deal yes....

Go to carsdirect.com and price it with options and see the total MSRP and Invoice, you will have a good idea about the price you are paying...

Good luck, and enjoy your new baby, I am sure you will love every minute of it...

Flavio Zanetti
    Boston, MA
  • bfleetwoodbfleetwood Member Posts: 1
    I have an 03' fx35 and love it. although the tires that come standard on it aren't worth a damn. so i put on 20's with bridgestone alonzas and it make a big difference but a little louder. as for the snow, I've been cought in a blizzard on I70 going to Denver from KC and switched the car to all time awd and plowed my way past trucks and semi's while driving on 4-6 inches of snow. If you want to upgrade the power by a cold air intake (fujita) and it'll give you another 20hp.. I'm putting on vented and slotted rotors on in a couple days and that should make a big diff as well.. I live in KC and ice is more of a problem than snow, and the car handles better than expexted.. make the purch, you'll love it
  • jessiemjessiem Member Posts: 19
    I have the following offer for a 2008 AWD FX35 from Infiniti of Manhattan that has an MSRP of $48,725(Touring, Hands Free, Technology and Sport Package).

Details:
    Initial Down Payment: $1995
    Bank Fee: $795
    Destination Fee: $700
    Other Fees are taxes (base on NJ= 7%)
    DMV- I think around $200, I live in NJ
    39 Month Lease with $445/month at 10k miles per year

Another Option:
    For 39 months with the (Touring, Hands Free, Technology package): $419/mo with $1995 down, and $479/mo with $0 down.

Sport Package: would be $26.46 more towards the monthly payment.

As of right now, I am currently driving an Acura TL Type S(2002) 4Dr Sedan with 48, 656 Mileage. Well Maintained with a 7 inch DVD/Navi System. I am also thinking of using it as a trade in, if the dealer give me a good offer.

Do you think I can do any better than this?

Sincerely,
    JessieM
  • bfox2718bfox2718 Member Posts: 10
    Looking at an RWD FX35 with touring, tech, and handsfree package... just coming off of a an 06 12 month lease, and I love the car... Just starting off my search, and I got some lease numbers on a lease from my local dealer

term: 36 month
    MF: .001
    Residual: 55%
    MSRP: 44,875
    Cap Cost: 43,000
    15,000 miles: $584+tax
    20,000 miles: $626+tax

This seemed kind of high to me... any input on current residuals and MF's?

about $1500 due at signing (supposedly includes 1st payment, but it is to my understanding that IFS is covering the 1st payment when re-leasing a new car. The dealer has to confirm this, but I got a marketing call from IFS advising me of this offer).
  • casolorzcasolorz Member Posts: 88
    What is the pay off on your lease if you wanted to buy it?
  • casolorzcasolorz Member Posts: 88
    I have a deal on an 06 fx35 with tech, touring and handsfree. It has 11K miles on it, looks pretty good. They are offering it to me for $30K, does that sound like a good price?
  • bfox2718bfox2718 Member Posts: 10
    I am not sure... I would assume its the calculated residual value.
  • johnbrainjohnbrain Member Posts: 10
    "Another Option:
    For 39 months with the (Touring, Hands Free, Technology package): $419/mo with $1995 down, and $479/mo with $0 down.

Sport Package: would be $26.46 more towards the monthly payment. "

Is there a name for this package? Seems pretty reasonable. Do you know if it is available in CA?
  • joe_ojoe_o Member Posts: 27
    Flavio,

How do I contact you? Want to talk about HC dealership. Got my M35X there and considering now an FX35.

Joe
  • bjammbjamm Member Posts: 5
    anyone know what incentives will be available for december? currently in dallas, tx area there is a $2500 dealer rebate. wondering if i need to cash in on that before 11/30 or if it will be greater in december. looking at a 2008 fx35 with sport/hands free/touring.

thanks
  • dr_j_bostondr_j_boston Member Posts: 7
    Chavez-

Care to share the dealer you purchased that vehicle from? Would you recommend the salesperson? Did the sport package include 20" rims?

Appreciate the post and any additional feedback.

Thx
    Dr J boston

Just for your fyi, the sport package always includes 20" rims.

S01 Sport Package
    Includes 8-spoke 20" x 8" aluminum alloy wheels, P265/50R20 V-rated all-season tires, sport-tuned suspension, black chrome exterior accent grille, tinted headlight and taillight lenses, etched aluminum interior trim with drilled aluminum pedals and polished aluminum roof rails
  • dr_j_bostondr_j_boston Member Posts: 7
    good deal. thanks for heads up.
    how is this deal

2008 FX35 Rwd auto
    hands free
    cargo area protector
    roof rail crossbars
    splash guards
    sport package
    touring package

msrp 43,175
    invoice 39443

sales price 37980
    dealer cashback 2500
    sales price - 35480 + ttl

im probably putting down 7500

so with 6.25% taxes im looking at 557 a month @ 3.9apr
  • adamw81adamw81 Member Posts: 2
    Bjamm,

I also live in Dallas and just got an FX 35 today....I decided to pull the trigger since Infiniti is offering a tax credit which saves roughly $3k in taxes here in texas where you have to pay on the full amount up front (they did not know if this deal would be around in December). Sewell and Crest are apparently in a big war right now and you can get a great deal because of it.

I was looking for a 24-36 mos lease on a car with touring/handsfree/sport. I basically got Sewell to $1000 over invoice and .00125 money factor which came to a payment of $559 with nothing down (literally just first month payment) on a 24 mos lease. I planned to go with them and just gave Crest a courtesy call since I had spoken with them at length, and Crest ended up coming back and offering the same car WITH TECH ALSO for $565. Needless to say I took it and ran!

The sales guy admitted they were losing money on the deal but the GM was apparently just sick of losing deals to Sewell.

*edit* I believe the tax credit is on leases only.

*edit2*

Here is the exact deal:

'08 FX35 RWD blk/blk
    splash
    hands free
    touring
    aluminum roof crossbar
    cargo
    sport
    tech
    MSRP $47,225

Cap Cost: $45,184.36 (includes all fees & ttl - taxes was $0 from incentive)
    Residual Value: $31,642
    Term: 24 Mos
    Rate: $565 a month

All I paid at closing was the first month payment of $565.
  • adamw81adamw81 Member Posts: 2
    I'm still so excited about the deal I made I can't sleep lol! For those that didn't notice, my money factor on the above deal is 0, the depreciation is $564.xx, they just rounded the payment to $565.
  • meccanj98meccanj98 Member Posts: 10
    First off I know nothing about leasing. I want to get the 2008 FX35 AWD with hands free and touring package. They are offering it at local dealer with sticker price of 43500. It is the FX35 AWD they are offering on this months Infiniti page for 399mth and 3200 down for 24 mths. First off is this a good deal from the get go or can I get a better one? I would really like a 36 mth lease. Where do I start?
  • smith83smith83 Member Posts: 60
    I am interested in leasing a 2008 FX 35 w/NAV, Touring, Hands Free. Anyone in the Raleigh, NC area purchased or leased one of these recently? If so, let me know how you did.

Thanks!
  • chandlerbingchandlerbing Member Posts: 1
    Target price for a 2008 Infiniti FX35 Base 4dr All-wheel Drive on Carsdirect.com is showing as $34,869. Special pricing expires on 1/2/08. I am thoroughly tempted. I see MSRP should be around 40K so actual price is probably around 37-39K. Is this legit? Anybody use carsdirect before?
  • awerboffawerboff Member Posts: 1
    I am a woman, and some dealers try to take advantage of that.
    So I need help on what to offer the local dealer on an FX35.
    The car I want is a FX35 with the Touring Pkg, Handsfree Pkg and the Technology Pkg.

What should I be paying out the door? The dealer (Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City) said that he would match any broker price, and he would "deal". Should I go with a dealer, or a broker? And how much should I be paying?

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.
  • meccanj98meccanj98 Member Posts: 10
    I just leased 08 FX35 AWD Hands Free, touring package, ipod interface, splash guards, rear cargo liner, and roof rack cross bars MSRP 43,020. I put $2400 down and $452 a month for 12,000/24mths..... How did I do?
  • flzzflzz Member Posts: 19
    What is the marketing incentive for 12-07 2500 or 1500? Also, do we know anything about 1-08. Buying 08 fx35. Your past posts are awesome for folks who want to be "in the know". Can add some interesting posts down the road but first priority is gettin this Bad-Boy home.