Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    the rate is high. Is that what the money factor equates to? If you have .00275 X 2400=interest rate in this rate 6.6% as an example. I heard this is the way to compute interest rates from money factors.
    You can prob go to www.leasecompare.com and see if u can get better rates. It might also depend on credit as well, like Tier 0-2 might have different money factors.
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    Ok - this is where we are disconnecting. Yes, the money factor I was quoted at both Gold Coast and Fields is the same (.00229) This is based on my credit score which is over 720. It's the only lease factor infiniti is offering today on the 2009 FX.

This is why my monthly seems high but appears to be the going rate. Using your forumla above and it equals 5.5%.
    I wonder if you go to www.leasecompare.com, maybe you can get a better rate since they are competitive. Do you have an FX35 or FX45? I would love to get a leftover 2008 FX45 for which they are offering 0% for 36 months. I found 21 nationwide. I am willing to travel if its worth it. Of course my current lease has to get paid off. I know of one at Ray Catena Infiniti in NJ thats being offered for $39900. Don't know if its sold or not.
    I am driving an '06 FX35 (diamond graph) with Touring and Sports packages. It's my second FX35. My first was a 2005 (saphire) that drove like a tank. The '06 reengineered drive is soooo much better. And I looked throughout the leasecompare site but their rates weren't that good either. I think it's just the economy we are in now.
    I regret not getting and FX 35 or FX 45 when I got the M 35 Sport.
    So next one will definitely be an FX. I like the diamond graphite color, too bad they discontinued it. Sapphire Blue is also nice which is quite rare as I have only seen them at the dealership and never on the road.
    I didn't think there was that much difference between 2005 and 2006 besides some cosmetic changes on the outside and revised instrument panel and some additional features.
    Actually, there was A LOT of difference between the 03-05 models and the 06-08 series.

My 2005 truly drove like a truck. The 2006 model re-engineered the drive and everything was different. In a good way. Very tight, smallish control when driving my current 2006 FX. I never get tired of driving it! In addition to all of the redesigns on the interior, the early models are really apples compared to the later model oranges. Very different.

Sapphire was a great color but the Diamond Graphite is more practical. Although my 2005 Sapphire FX got more attention, the gray color hides almost any nick.
  • bgsu007bgsu007 Member Posts: 11
    I love the FX35 but can't afford to fork over the dough for a brand new one. I found a low mileage (5,500 miles) 2008 FX35 and paid $29,500 at an Infiniti Dealer. It has every option except navigation. Seems like a decent price. Any thoughts on the price?
    That is a very good price. I am sure if you negotiate, and tell him you will buy it right then and there (LOL), then ask for $28000. What color is it? Does it also have the sport pkg as well?Where are you located?
    A dealer by me has a 2008 FX45 all options except rear DVD for $36K with 17K miles and a 2007 FX45 with all options including DVD for $34K with 11K miles.
    I am sure with some negotiating one can knock maybe 2K off of that price. I know that is approx $6500 and $4500 difference in price, but if you can knock 2K off as stated, then it will be $4500 and $2500 in price. If you are able to swing that, it might be worth it.
    I think that is a good price. Is it AWD too? what color?
    Yes, AWD - Sapphire with the dark granite leather interior. Still has the remaining manufacturer warranty too.
    well the dealer was listing it for $30,300 and I negotiated down to the $29,500. He had 4 2008 FX35s on his lot all with low miles..only one with the dark interior though..the others had the wheat interior. (I went to the dealer website recently and all have been sold) No sport package, but not disappointed about that - I test drove one with the sport package and preferred the ride of the one w/o it. I got it from a dealer near Chicago - drove a few hours to get there so I probably was a little more motivated to buy and not leave empty-handed. Probably why the dealer would not go below $29,500. Very happy with the FX, turns heads all over the place. Where I live there are no Infiniti dealers and I have only seen 1 or 2 other Fx's around the city.
    What dealership in Chicago? Sapphire with graphite interior is such a nice color. Believe it or not, I have only seen that color at the dealership and never on the road.
    You got a good deal and best of luck with it! Would it be possible to post a picture of it?
    The dealership is Infiniti of Lisle. www.theinfinitisuperstore.com or www.infinitioflisle.com. I could try to post a pic - how do you do that on this website? I don't see an attach option.
    That is where I purchased by 2006 M35 Sport over 2 years ago. They have a very good service department. You are right, I don't think there is a way to post pics here.
    Off topic: When I got the car, I purchased the tire/wheel warranty for $400 which is worth it. I had a nail in the sidewall of the tire (19" Bridgestone Potenza RE050s). I got it replaced for free. BTW, purchasing tires at Infiniti of Lisle is cheaper than the Tire Rack.
    If the 2008 FX you bought has no Sports package and no navigation package, what does it have? Just AWD?

If that's the case, your price is good but not astoundingly great. Sounds like you have a base AWD model. Right?
    Yeah it's the base AWD. The base still comes pretty loaded with standard features. I have searched the used car listings online and seems like my price is pretty good. I was just making sure that people didn't think I paid too much based on what they knew about 08 prices.
    Lisle Infiniti emailed me this response to my inquiry regarding leasing a 2009 FX35:

I apologize for the delay in the my response. A the moment there isn't a "pull forward" program being offered by Infiniti for existing lease customers. We do have a $2000 owner loyalty bonus towards leasing. I did run a lease quote on a FX a/premium and navi today. With $5000 down, $2000 loyalty and $3000 from customer, the payment was right around $650mo. I would recommend riding out your lease until the new '09 programs deflate a little bit. I will be sure to keep you updated on our monthly specials.

He didn't include the Deluxe packge but that was part of my request. 3k out of pocket and he is stil at $650. It's the APR issue. 5.4% will do it.
    3k out of pocket is a lot! $650 a month is alot but as u stated, the interest rate matters. I wonder how much it would be to buy it. If you get it at $300 above invoice, then take $4K off for loyalty.
    BTW, at what price was the lease payment based on? At least they told you that waiting for better deals would be the best thing.
    I guess I will hold onto my lease for another year before turning it in. Maybe in a year, we can see huge discounts on the FX50. BTW, Luxury motors has FX50 for 3K off sticker so with owner loyalty to buy would be another 4K off and this is without any negotiations. The msrp was 60K-7K= $53K. This was a lightly equipped model so no tech or sports or rear entertainment package. I did call them and they said they can take 3K off sticker price of FX50s in stock. I did not mention I am a current Infiniti owner either.
  • dealmaker2008dealmaker2008 Member Posts: 47
    I am seriously looking at a $2009 FX 350 and from Infiniti site with the following trims, the MSRP is $55,569
    The invoice cost from edmonds.com is
    $49,349

I do not have loyal rebate but looking for the best deal. I looked at 09 RX and 09 MDX but think the FX is more sporty.

Thinking about USD USD 45K before T&L, Registration fees. Anyone out there think this is reasonable? I am from Los Angeles. Thankyou.

Base MSRP* $42,150.00
    Exterior Color
    Platinum Graphite
    Interior Color and Trim
    Graphite Lthr w/ Maple Wood & Piano Black trim (req addtl pkgs**)
    Packages and Options
    Deluxe Touring Package $2,650.00
    Premium Package $2,350.00
    Navigation Package $2,850.00
    Technology Package $2,900.00
    Infiniti Mobile Entertainment System $1,600.00
    Accessories**
    Roof-rail Crossbars $325.00
    Configured MSRP* $54,825.00
    Destination and Handling $865.00
    Total MSRP* $55,690.00
  • jamgal305jamgal305 Member Posts: 3
    Awesome deal - go for it !

It has been 4 weeks and 1500 miles later - yes I drive it everywhere and often; love every bit of these cars. This was my first journey into a car with more than 2 doors and auto tranny. I must tell you all NO REGRETS!!!!! Love it, love it and congrats to all that can afford to get one !!! ;)

08 Diamond Graphite w/ Black Interior with all except Navi
    Best experience ever at WPB, Fl - Schumacker :blush:
  • RisingStarRisingStar Member Posts: 11
    I don't think getting more than $10K off MRSP for a 09 FX35 is realistic for now. I'm also looking to buy a 09 FX35 in the LA area and the best I could do is invoice - $4000 (for Infiniti loyalty cash back). That's about $8000 off MSRP.
    Rising Star, Think you are right. 8K off MSRP will probably be all we can get do with a 09 FX35. This will be my target. If you do cut a deal with a LA dealer first, let me know. I think I will work with Metro Infiniti. I looked at the 08 EX35 but think it is not as nicely crafted at the 09 FX 35. Think they are just too many RX 350 or look-alikes in LA.
    Deal maker, you might be able to get a few hundred off invoice minus the loyalty cash if you negotiate ready hard and pay cash. I was able to get $500 off invoice from Infinit of Scottsdale. If helps if the dealer has the car you want in their lot.
    The EX just doesn't work for me since it's just too small. I wouldn't buy a 09 RX either since the all new 2010 RX will be out by March next year.
  • car_fan2car_fan2 Member Posts: 3
    RisingStar, what is the name of dealership in Scottsdale and when did you buy it? What packages did you get?
  • singh2singh2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am getting fx35 2008 (Black - no navigation) with 2700 miles on it for for 34k including tax and registration also.
    Is anyone out there can tell me whether its a good deal or not?
    So the 34k includes tax and registration? So I'm guessing your purchase price is around $31,500? Is it AWD? I looked on Yahoo Autos and 08 FX35's with between 1,000 and 7,000 miles AWD are going for around 30k to 34k. Hope this helps!
    I believe that is too much. Just a few weeks in Atlanta, used 2008 FX 45 with all options except rear DVD was selling for $34K. It had 15K miles which is nothing for these cars. MSRP is around 54K.
    one dealer here has a brand new 2008 FX45 for around $42K.
    I think you should do better. if you can get it for around $29K it should be a good deal. BTW, does it have sport package?
    so are you saying $29k including tax and registration??
    $ 29500 with tax or without tax??
    When people talk about prices on here it is generally not including tax. Tax rates vary depending on where you live and it is easiest to compare just the purchase price. 29,500 would be without tax.
    Car fan, the dealership in Scottsdale was Infiniti of Scottsdale. But I didn't buy from them since they added tint and paint sealant and wanted to charge me for those.
    I ended up buying from Metro Infiniti. I got a 09 FX35 with Premium and Navigation packages.
    It would be before tax. If you lived in Oregon or Delaware, then no sales tax :-)
  • car_fan2car_fan2 Member Posts: 3
    RisingStar, Thanks for info. Do you mind giving the exact numbers? Enjoy the new car.
    I am considering purchasing my 2006 FX35 at the end of my lease this upcoming June. My residual value is 23k.

When I purchase the vehicle, I want to negotiate down the res. value but I am being told by everyone at IFS they will not negotiate. Bad economy anyone?

Question: Has anyone bought out their lease and negotiated the residual? Currently, with both the 2k and 4k loyalty discounts being offered for new lease deals or finance deals, I would think I am eligible for some sort of discount.

Thoughts? Experiences?
    Car fan, the exact MSRP was $47,385. Got it for $39,400.
  • alex_valex_v Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Have an offer on the following car: 09 FX35 AWD Premium/Nav/Deluxe Touring.

MSRP: $51,914, Invoice $47,923, quoted at $43,000 (including $4K owner's loyalty)

This is an early pricing car (before Infiniti increased invoice/MSRP for a "sheetmetal expense"). That's why it looks to be under invoice, but in reality is at early invoice for 09 model year.

How much better could I do? This is in Boston.

Thanks,
    Alex
  • fear_my_catzfear_my_catz Member Posts: 20
    hi, guys!

I'm interested in the 2009 FX35, however I'm currently not a owner of an Infiniti.
    I have some friends who are the owners.
    Is there a way of getting the owners loyalty credit if I show up with a friend who currently owns the car?
    Alex,
    That is the best deal I have seen so far! So excluding your 4K loyalty rebate, you got the car for $923 below invoice! What color is your car and its basically loaded with the exception of REAR DVD, right?
    I never knew they increased invoice/MSRP for "sheetmetal". Either way u are getting a fairly loaded FX35 for $43K excluding taxes. I have looked around where I live (Atlanta area) and this is by far the best deal!

Kris
  • alex_valex_v Member Posts: 4
    Hi Kris,

The car is loaded except for tech and rear ent (I did not want the laser cruise control again, and have no need for the lane departure system). I am looking at Blue Slate for the color. I really want the Mocha, but that's most likely out of the picture, as those cars are rare, so if I find one, it's likely to have a later production date and thus a higher invoice. Realistically, my offer is at the "early" invoice. From what I understand, Infiniti increased the price of the 2009 model year FX by about $1000 invoice/$1300 MSRP. As soon as all cars built prior to the date when the increase occurred are sold, I expect the lowest possible price to go up by a grand. I have seen this increase myself here on Edmunds: at some point, the invoice and MSRP jumped up slightly.

Alex
    Alex,
    I forgot about the tech package. I have an 06 M35 sport with laser cruise and lane departure and I dont like it that much.
    Blue Slate is an awesome color! I too like mocha and my dealer has one but its a base model.I had no idea the msrp/invoice went up by that much.
    What dealership in Boston did you get it from and do they have pics on their website as well? I have yet to see any FX35 or FX50 on the road here in Atlanta area.
    Even in Chicago where I moved from, have only seen an FX50 and FX35. Total of 2!

Kris
  • mds1esqmds1esq Member Posts: 2
    What finance rate is Infiniti offering on the 2009 FX?
    9 K off MSRF and 5 K under invoicef or a fully loaded 09 FX 35 is an excellent deal. Go for it.
    Yesterday, I got a lease quote from a LA deal for a 09 FX 35 FWD MSRP 42,00
    $871 down includes first month payment and license for $445 plus tax per month.12K/year. Free service for 2 years. Any comments would be appreciated.

Also, I looked at the 2010 Lexus RX 350 and it looks great. Anyone out there has any pricing info for the 2010 model?
    Does anyone know if the 4k loyalty discount is applied if you buy your Infiniti at the end of the lease term?
    I was in your situation. I wasn't a current Infiniti owner but my brother was buying an Infiniti. I thought adding my brother to the title was enough but the dealer told me we'd have to live together for that to qualify.
    I ended up getting the discount by buying the car under my brother's name. We'd do a gift or sell later to change the title.
    From what I read in the Lexus forums, it's going to me slightly more expensive than the 09 models. The thing is, unless you wait for a while, you'll most likely be paying MSRP for the car.
    I don't see the comparison of the 2010 Lexus RX 350 vs. ANY INFINITI! I think the RX 350 is one of the most uninspriring looking vehicles ever produced. You can't say that about any Infiniti esp the FX.
    Very true, too many RX350 on the road and they are anything but bold. Even with the 10 model, just some internal front panel improvements which are overdue anyway.
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Think you are right. 8K off MSRP will probably be all we can get do with a 09 FX35.

Is 8K off MSRP really what can be expected? I spoke with a Houston area dealer last week (that I bought my old FX from) and he didn't seem willing to budge much at all :confuse:
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Have an offer on the following car: 09 FX35 AWD Premium/Nav/Deluxe Touring.
    MSRP: $51,914, Invoice $47,923, quoted at $43,000 (including $4K owner's loyalty)

Anyone hear about deals like this in the Houston area?

Has the $4K owner's loyalty been extended?
    What is the average deal doc fee? I was quoted $595 which I think is high? any comments?