Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fear_my_catzfear_my_catz Member Posts: 20
    I live in one of Chicago subusrbs and I think I saw only a handfull of the 09's out on roads. Any thoughts?
  • dealmaker2008dealmaker2008 Member Posts: 47
    Situation in Los Angeles is different. I counted the company parking lot this morning there are at least 10 RX 350 among maybe 40. The percentage is higher on the roads. I think at least 15% in Los Angeles.FX 35 maybe in range of under 5%.
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    Are you asking what do we think of the 2009 FX? If so, here's my opinion: I don't like the new body - namely the front end. It's just too much, the vent is wrong, the bottle nose 'thing' is wrong and the headlights are over the top and just plain Ugly.

Inside is a different story however. I think the interior is excellent. Good stuff inside tech wise and layout. Very nice.

But driving an '09 is just 'ok'. I was not blown away by the pickup, the ride, etc. I may have to defect to BMW. I don't think I want to be seen driving this model. And I predict the 2009 FX will get a quick makeover (say two years) due to low interest. We'll see.
  • RisingStarRisingStar Member Posts: 11
    It varies from state to state and dealership to dealership. I bought my FX in California and I was only charged $55. I think that's the state law. If you're paying over $100, then the dealer is probably marking it up. Unless it's a fixed amount required by law, the doc fee should be negotiable.
    I live in Vegas and I've only seen one 09 out on the roads. It's clear the 09s are not a big seller. From what a couple of salesmen told me, the 09s are not moving much at all because there're basically no incentives, rebates, or special APRs, other than the $4000 loyalty cash program for previous Infiniti owners. And the lease payments are pretty high too. But I heard Infiniti is coming out with a special lease program for the 09 FXs..
    Rising star Sales for the 09 FX35 is hurting due to reasons cited. With incentives and similar trims, ithere is a price gap of almost 7K or more between the Lexus R35 and the Infiniti FX350 and more for the non Infiniti owners. It is just a no brainer and they must recognize this so that they can move their units. They should close the gap to say 2K and make it interesing.
    Dealmaker: I don't think it's just the $$$ gap that is driving potential buyers away from the FX - I think it is the styling and handling of the 2009 FX.
    when I visit the local Costco it seems that every other car is a Lexus RX350 (or 330 or 300). No 2009 FXs whatsoever, though there are at least 2 Infiniti dealerships in close proximity. As I mentioned before - very few 09's on the street. I was offered 2008 FX35 black/black with 13500 miles for $29K at a local dealership. I passed. I'll wait till Infiniti comes up with some incentive for the 09's.
    Jay, Your are correct.
    The RX is still an old reliable SUV in the market for years. It is also the same reason that people prefer the highend Toyota(Lexus), Honda(Acura) and Nissan(Infiniti) in that order.
  • gadgetguy1gadgetguy1 Member Posts: 4
    I noticed you mention LA, then metro in phx..I always thought it was too big a hassle buying out of state and registering in CA..was this a problem? (I'd like to expand my options to phx..Thanks
    It wasn't a big deal at all. I did encounter a few minor inconviniences so hopefully you can learn from my experience.

If you plan to buy out-of-state, call ahead or find out if you need to pay the registration and sales tax in the state you're buying or not. In my case, the dealer decided not to charge me California registration nor sales tax. I'll have to pay them here in Nevada when I register my FX here.

However, if you're not registering the vehicle in the state you plan buy, you cannot legally drive the vehicle without a permit. So you can either have it shipped or towed or you'll need to get some sort of temporary moving permit. The dealer should be able to get you one at their dealership for a small fee.

Before you leave the dealership, make sure you get all the documents needed to register you vehicle in your home state. Go to your state's DMV website and find out. Usually, you'll need the bill of sale, the odometer statement, and either the certificate of origin if you paid with cash or the purchase/lease/security agreement if you're financing or leasing. I paid with check and the dealer didn't give me the certificate of origin right away because the wanted to wait until my check cleared. This was a pain in the @ss because I couldn't register my FX when I went to the DMV. It took them a week before they sent it to me.

Anyways, if you plan it right, the only hassle is that you'll have to make a trip to the DMV to register the vehicle yourself vs. if you buy it in-state you don't need to do anything since the dealer will register the car for you. In my case, the savings were well worth it.
  • gadgetguy1gadgetguy1 Member Posts: 4
    These all seem to be priced similar at the end of the day. All are sporty, 2 have hatches. Anyone compare these in their search? (Also Mercedes has incentives, Infiniti does not) (I dont currently have an infiniti)...
  • BManFXBManFX Member Posts: 1
    Just leased an 09FX35 with Premium Package, Nav Package & Technology Package. Did not get the 20" wheel package since they look good but make the car ride rougher and they will cost more to replace.
    Got the 2k loyalty on the drive off plus gave them 3k. 39 month lease. 12k miles. $549 per month (including CA taxes). This was an early (3/08) build (copper with black interior) so the sticker was 49,605. Hard to find ones with the tech package and not the 20" wheels but I did.

seems like they are now dealing and have factory incentives. Went through the internet guys. They claim it was $150 over invoice. Got similar pricing from Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys and Glendale Infiniti.

Car seems great except for glitch in the around view monitor screen and the drivers door needing to be closed harder than it should be. Rides much better than the last models and the tech upgrades are great.
    I leased my 2006 FX35 at Glendale Infiniti. But 3k out of pocket? Seems a bit steep considering our economy. What was your APR or money factor on the lease? The $549 doesn't seem too bad for that vehicle and a 39 month lease term. btw - Do all your service at Santa Monica Infiniti.
    If this question has already been asked and answered accept my apologies now - but why did Infiniti drop the Clear or Smoke colored (sports package) tail lights on the 2009 FX model?
  • jaimarshjaimarsh Member Posts: 9
    I have been quoted the following deal on an '09 FX35 (AWD):

Deluxe Touring
    Premium
    Nav
    Splash Guards
    $51,435 MSRP

$47,175 Total cost, which I'm told (and believe can confirm) is 1% over invoice. This is on an "older invoice" car, so before the increase for steel costs, etc. BTW, I do not qualify for the customer loyalty incentive. So, is $4k off of MSRP good, or should I try for more?

The internet sales manager is pushing to close before end of the month/year (of course), and suggests that this offer won't be good after 1/1/09. I don't believe him (of course), and was curious what others thought...
  • env32env32 Member Posts: 7
    Just letting you know.
    I leased an FX35 AWD with Premium package. 12K per month. 36 month lease.

3K down (including first month payment)
    475.00 per month.

2K in incentives runs only until Jan 31st. I saw that on the paperwork.

Just letting you know what I have experienced. Hope this helps.
    Incentive update.

Infiniti rolled-out new incentives this week on the '09s, including 1.9% financing (up to 36 months). Also, there is now $3000 in manufacturer to dealer incentives.

I've decided to pull the trigger now that they are $6900 below MSRP - I don't think they can get any lower at this point...
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Incentive update.

Infiniti rolled-out new incentives this week on the '09s, including 1.9% financing (up to 36 months). Also, there is now $3000 in manufacturer to dealer incentives.

I do not think that you can combine these incentives - its either or.

Anyone know if ~$6900 off MSRP is doable in Houston?
  • cuvangcuvang Member Posts: 31
    Hi yall

I got a quote in So Cal Orange Co. for a 2009 fx35 rwd with premium and deluxe for
    $43,500 plus tax and lic. is this good? This is with the 3.9% fin. Let me know if you guys have a better deal
    thks
  • chrish11chrish11 Member Posts: 28
    Do you know if this $3,000 incentive is good towards a lease? Is it for current Infinity owners only?
    I do not think that you can combine these incentives - its either or.

That's correct - you cannot combine the cash and the low APR.
    The $3000 is manufacturer to dealer cash - not a direct rebate to the customer. I've never leased, but it seems logical that the dealer should be able to use the cash in establishing the lease price.

Also, the $3000 is NOT limited to current Infiniti owners.
  • FX35_NewbieFX35_Newbie Member Posts: 6
    My local Infiniti dealer is offering the following deals on 2009 FX35s. I am a brand new memeber and I need some help if someone can tell me if those good deals or representative of the market

2009 FX35 2wd Basic - $35,988 or lease for $3k down/42 mo/$379-mo
    2009 FX35 2wd Premium - $37,988 or lease for $3k down/42 mo/$399-mo
    2009 FX35 2wd Premium w/ Navigation - $40,998 or lease for $3k down/42 mo/$449-mo

They only have like 1 or 2 of each but they are brand new models with no mileagge on them - no demos. Is that a good deal?
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Invoice on the 2WD with nav and premium is around 44200. If this is a "new invoice" vehicle - meaning it was made after the mid-year price increase - then you've been quoted a great deal. If is an "old invoice" vehicle (made ealier in the year), then you can do better. The price increase was about $1250, and you can really only tell by the manufacture date and/or the MSRP. If the MSRP on the car they're quoting you is around $47,800, the it's a new invoice vehicle and you've got a good price.
  • onesix8onesix8 Member Posts: 6
    hey everyone... thinking about signing papers today:
    Lease Deal
    MSRP $41,815
    Residual: 50% $20,907
    42 mth, 10k/yr.
    MF: 0.00107
    Cap cost: $38,615 (don't have the exact # in front of me)
    Total Drive off: $539
    Mthly: $539

Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking it's a pretty good deal from what I've seen. Thanks everyone.
    True Market Value? Really! I just priced an '09 FX35 for my zip code two minutes ago (i.e. late Saturday night, Jan 17, 2009) and Edmund's TMV was $470 below MSRP - really? Is that for real? Is the FX35 selling so well that the best I can hope for is about $500 off MSRP? For real?

Anyone bought one in the Houston area recently? What kind of discounts can one really expect in Houston today? Thanks.
    I think the 'true market value" is around invoice price. I've bought 3 new cars so far: Civic, Accord and Camry and I paid invoice for the first two and $200 below invoice for the Camry. I do not see any reason to pay over invoice for the FX. They are not selling well and they are pricey if to compare to competitors. I'm looking to get an FX35, however I'm still waiting for better deals.
  • bullfrog34bullfrog34 Member Posts: 20
    I'm looking at a used 2008 FX 35 that has the Navigation system, but the seller alleges that it does not have the Technology package. When I use the "price it with options" feature on Edmunds, it does not look as if this is even possible (i.e. in order to get Nav you had to have Tech). Additionally, it has the sunroof (which appears only in the touring package on Edmunds), but it doesn't have homelink (which is also part of the touring package). Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Is it possible that edmunds didn't have the correct option packages listed?
  • bgsu007bgsu007 Member Posts: 11
    I have had trouble using Edmunds for options packages - usually there are small differences. I went to Infiniti.com and built a new 09 FX35. It allows you to add the navigation package without adding the technology package. However, if technology package is selected then it requires the addition of navigation. I'm guessing this applies to 2008 models as well. It sounds like the seller is correct that it can have the navigation w/o technology package. I would go by Infiniti's website as far as what exactly comes with each package.
  • flzzflzz Member Posts: 19
    nav was available as a stand alone option. check out reviews for 2008 ps;at12000 miles w/ 89-93 octane avg 20.1-21.4 mpg mix hghwy-cty[much better than advertised]
    Actually the Technology Package is somewhat rare in the '09s; there are very few Premium, Nav, Tech models out there.
    Very little forum traffic on FX35s right now, must not be selling all that well? :confuse: However dealers in the Houston area are not giving them away.

Best deal I have come up with is about $1700 or so ABOVE Invoice (adjusted for the currrent $3000 Incentive to the dealer) - I guess technically I'm about $1300 below Invoice. I guess I had hoped for a deal closer to the adjusted Invoice (i.e. about $2500, or more, below current Invoice figures).
  • UMDUMD Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2009 FX35 AWD with Premium Pkg, Navigation Pkg, and splash guards in Obsidian Black.

Final on the road price was $44517... that is car + destination + tax + title + tags + $98 processing fee.

I think that comes out to over $9000 off of MSRP (sticker was $50k) and $4000 less than invoice. I paid cash so no financing was involved. This was at Sheehy Infiniti in Annapolis MD. I put in an internet quote stating I was going to buy in 24 hrs and they had a quote to me within 5 minutes. I received several other quotes and Annapolis matched the lowest offer. Probably the smoothest car buying experience ever... the guys at Sheehy are great...
    I think that comes out to over $9000 off of MSRP ... and $4000 less than invoice.

As near as I can tell such a deal is not available in Houston. :confuse: I tried; hard :(
  • billribillri Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for info - i'm after the same configuration - did they quote you abny lease rates ?
  • nyalgaidinnyalgaidin Member Posts: 3
    After 2 weeks of research and talking with all dealers in the San Francisco bay area, I found an good acceptable deal at Pleasanton Infiniti from a great internet sales rep which I had to take because my G35 is just a tad small for long trips and family.

FX35 AWD 2009 Platinum Graphite/graphite
    with Premium/Navigation/splash guards/illuminated step
    MSRP ~50,105
    Invoice ~44,962 (price I bought it at before tax, 5000 below MSRP)

I took the 1.9% APR financing from Infiniti so the price could've been even lower if I paid cash like UMD. There's a $3000 Infiniti to dealer incentive if you pay cash--make sure you negotiate at invoice minus 3000! I wouldn't pay anything over invoice in this economy for any car! Other dealers quoted me 49000/47000/46000 but Pleasanton in the first quote gave me invoice price; talk about haggle free shopping, the way it should be.

All local dealers have overstock and I see few customers, which is much the same with the real estate market. It is a great time to buy if you can.

Nyal
  • UMDUMD Member Posts: 2
    never talked lease... I told them straight up that I was going to pay cash and wanted an out-the-door price.
  • curveballcurveball Member Posts: 1
    So you got $1300 below Edmunds listed invoice price from a Houston dealer? Which one, if you don't mind me asking?
    Here is a lease deal I was quoted from fleet sales at Santa Monica Infiniti:

2009 FX AWD w/ Premium, Navigation and Deluxe touring - MSRP: $51,435

They will lease the vehicle to me at invoice price $47,045 for 39 months. $1,725.00 due at signing. Monthly payment of $537.00 + tax. (totals $581.00 in my county)

I am not bothering to list the money factor, residual, etc. She is using the latest programs offered by Infiniti which are listed here in a previous post. This includes the $2,000 customer loyalty discount since I am a current Infiniti lease holder.

Thoughts?
  • chazaschazas Member Posts: 4
    We just bought a 2009 FX35 AWD, liquid platinum/graphite, with premium, navigation, deluxe touring, roof rail cross bars, cargo organizer and splash guards. MSRP was $53,010, invoice was $48,448, bought for $3000 under invoice at $45,448, plus a $99 dealer fee. It was a cash purchase. To close the gap on our trade-in, they also threw in their dealer "appearance package" (rubber floor mats and an emergency kit) and the first oil change. The dealer was Jim Colman Infiniti in Bethesda, MD. A very smooth purchase, highly recommended.

I also got an identical quote for any FX35 on the lot by email from Sheehy Infiniti in Annapolis, MD, but they didn't have a color/option combination on the lot that we wanted. They were extremely responsive and eager to please by email.
  • goldendragon18goldendragon18 Member Posts: 15
    Hi!

Im looking at the FX35 from Jim Coleman Infiniti as well. I plan on getting it with the Tech, Nav, deluxe, and Premium Package. We plan on paying in cash. Do you have any idea what i should be expecting with this downturn in the economy??
    Ive been looking at a few of the dealers in town and I really dont know what price i should haggle to

Thank You
  • chazaschazas Member Posts: 4
    You shouldn't pay any higher than I did a few days ago, $3000 under invoice ($3000 is the cash incentive the dealer has until, I think, March 2??). You can get invoice pricing here on this site for the car with those options in the "new cars" section. They might even go lower than that - one dealer suggested to me that he might when I was on the phone with him while driving a car from another dealer. But I never got actual numbers from him, he may have just been blowing smoke to get me there.
  • cramerlcramerl Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2008 FX35 brand new last month, and it has been a nightmare. The car was very shaky on the highway and I sent it back to the dealer. They told me the tires were not balanced (!!!) and they balanced the tires for me. Still, the car was shaky and some parts began to rattle. I sent it to another dealer and they told me it turned out there were some problems on the brakes and they changed the brake rotors and pads (my car was less than 700 miles by then and how could the first dealer miss this problem!!!). Now I still feel the car is shaky on the highway. Even on very smooth roads I can feel the steering wheel and the seats shaking. It is just very different from any other car I have driven). I know FX35 has a hard suspension, so I am not sure if this is normal with FX35 (I really don't think so) or there is still something wrong with my car. Can somebody let me know what to do? Thanks!

Btw, I bought the car on Jan 17, and the dealer changed the purchasing date to Dec 31 last year without telling me. Guess they changed the purchase date to get more bonus for last year. I will report it to Infiniti customer service.
  • bgsu007bgsu007 Member Posts: 11
    Do you have the FX35 sport suspension? I have an 08 FX35 base model and the ride is not shaky at all. In fact, it is extremely smooth and many people who have ridden in it make comments about the comfortable ride. I think if you notice any shakiness at all something is wrong and the dealership that sold you the car should fix it. You should ask to take another 08 out for a drive that is on their lot and compare to yours. That way you can get a better idea if it is just yours or a normal feeling.

Good luck!
  • cramerlcramerl Member Posts: 2
    No I don't have sports package in my car. I only have Touring package. Thanks for letting me know this. I think something must be wrong with my car. I will go back to the dealer. btw, my dealer is Infiniti Manhattan. My friends, do yourself a favor to avoid this dealer and especially their service department. They are horrible.
  • rjdoc74rjdoc74 Member Posts: 16
    Hello everyone,

I am thinking about getting a 2009 FX35. I've read around the web that there is a $2000 loyalty cash still available for 03/09. Is this correct? Now there is also a $3000 manufacturer to dealer incentive on FX35 according to edmunds.com. Lets say I am a current Infinity owner and I'd like to purchase for cash- can I get these discounts combined? 5K would be sweet!

Thanks.
  • topshelf1topshelf1 Member Posts: 2
    After three weeks of back and forth, finally got the 2009 FX35 with Deluxe Touring, Navigation, Premium Package, Cargo Organizer, Splash Guards, list price $52685, invoice $48197 according to Edmunds, got the dealer to take $1100 below invoice, with $2000 loyalty cash and $3000 marketing cash, got the car at $42097, plus TTL. Basically that's like getting all the options at no charge! Dealer is Infiniti of North Shore in Glendale/Milwaukee, WI. I had to walk out on them 3 times but the bottom line is totally worth it! Trade in of my 2000 I30 is fair, right in the middle of KBB trade-in value, which is actually pretty good for a dealer trade.
    I find your deal very hard to believe. First of all, the 2k loyalty cannot be combined with the 3k marketing cash option. I called the dealer and they confirmed.

????
  • allprimaallprima Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,
    I recently puchased a 2008 g35x sedan and Infiniti just sent me an offer in the mail...
    Basically, it's an offer code for a $500 Amex gift card on a new purchase or lease of an Infiniti vehicle. (I will also receive $150 for "referring" you) If any of you have recently purchased or leased a new infiniti and would like the $500, please email me at allprimo@aol.com. According to the instructions on the flyer, i just log on to the infiniti website and enter the vin # of your car and my car and we both get the gift cards - no strings attached. I dont know anyone personally who is buying an infiniti soon so i figured i'd post the offer up here. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    -Allison