Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sw286sw286 Member Posts: 6
    Do anyone have any update in the FX35 offer in chicagoland ?
    I am looking to buy a Base model.
    Any chicago dealership suggestion for better quote ?
  • bgsu007bgsu007 Member Posts: 11
    Should try Infiniti of Lisle.
  • fear_my_catzfear_my_catz Member Posts: 20
    I would not suggest Infiniti of Lisle. They avoid by all means to give you a straight forward quote. I've tried dealing with them couple times and I was disappointed. Thier quote was 39,100 for the base model and they were assuring me that this is the best quote in the Midwest, because they have the largest selection of cars.
    15 minutes later I received a much better deal from a dealership in Wisconsin.

Try Infiniti of Madison. 2 days ago they quoted 37,000 + tax, title, fees for a base awd. I did not like the color option though (silver/wheat).
  • alisabaalisaba Member Posts: 4
    Anyone with an unused referral code for the Amex deal? Purchased at the end of June. Pls PM, thanks!
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Sorry for the very late reply - I got my '09 FX35 at SW Infiniti
  • fx85fx85 Member Posts: 1
    I am using the price of nismofx35 in post #1516 to negotiate with Ramsey Infiniti in NJ, with additional GPS package for $41,975. We have signed the contract and I paid $1000 deposit. But after a week, they are backing out the contract by saying that they can't find a car with GPS package and persuade me to take the demo one with all features. How's that sound to you guys? I mean do they have the right to do that.
  • squishles10squishles10 Member Posts: 45
    So now they're selling you a used car without a feature you want because that's all they have? They have the right to do what? Bait and switch? I don't think so. You paid a deposit on a NEW vehicle WITH nav. If you don't get that, and you don't want the other one, and if you don't get a big price cut on one with lots of miles on it, then you get your deposit back. They don't have the right to do anything.
    agree. tell them you will take the 2010 model instead (for the negotiated price of course) when one comes out. That should happen pretty soon.

One more thing, try writing a letter (not an email) to the corporate office, attn Legal department. In the letter you very nicely describe the situation and ask them to contact you with the possible solution. I've done it several times and usually it helped.
  • bgsu007bgsu007 Member Posts: 11
    Heck no they don't have the right to do that. Please don't fall for what they are telling you. Get your deposit back or get the car you signed a contract for.
    ok, finally picked up a Base AWD FX35 liqud platimun/graphite at Fields in Northbrook, IL for $37,900. As I mentioned before I had a better quote from Madison, WI ($37,000). However, I did not want a wheat interior, plus the Fields dealership is 10 minutes away and offers free breakfasts and car washes:)) so it made sence to pay an extra 900. But $37K for the base is very doable, IMHO.
    we've started shopping these vehicles seriously again this week and im having trouble sifting through all these posts. how close to invoice can i expect to get on a new 2009? we're in texas if that helps.
    they have $5K dealer cash back on the 2009s. Depending on the motivation of the dealer you could reasonably expect 3-4K below invoice.
  • thealfadudethealfadude Member Posts: 2
    Today I went for the first time shopping around at my local Inifiniti dealer in SoCal as I am in the market for buying an Audi Q5 or Infiniti FX35.

As the lease on my current Volvo ends in 7 weeks I decided to do some orientation at the local dealer.

My interest is in a 2009 2WD FX35 with a Premium Package only. My plan is to pay the car by cash or finance the car for 30-50% as the APR of 0% sounds attractive to me (having a 700+ credit rating). Things became complicated to me as:

The sticker price for the RWD + Premium was $45.700 (+Tax, Registration). They offered me the car for $40.700 if I paid it cash. If I would finance the car based on that amount the APR would be 5.9%.

If I would take 0.0% finance option the car would be around $42.900 (+Tax, Registration). As I am the owner of an old FX they told me that the Loyal Customer Rebate applies to Lease terms only.

It feels to me they are BS-ing on the terms related to the 0.0% APR and the Loyalty Rebate program. Of course reading the thread here there must be a better price on the car to get knowing another Infiniti dealer is less than 15 miles from my local dealer.

Who can help me sorting out what the terms are related to the 0.0% APR and the Loyalty Rebate? Or in the end what do you guys expect what the price should look like considering I am an existing FX owner, want to use the 0.0% finance partly?

Thanks in advance!
    Herber
    Fisrt of all, find out your invoice price. Costcoauto.com is a good place to do your research.

http://www.costcoauto.com/research/buildvehicle.aspx?trimid=305587

so, looks like the invoice for RWD FX35 w/premium is $41,824

Second, we know that currenty the dealer offers either a nice APR or Cash back in the amount of up to $5K. Theoretically, you could get both, however practically it would take a really motivated dealer to agree for these terms.

Say, you chose the cash, so, your target price should be no more than $41,824 - $3,000 = $38,824. However, I'd push hard for $38,000.

Anyway, email every possible dealership and get the best price. Let them know you are aware of the invoice and the cash back. Do not show up at the dealership, unless you get close to your target price. Bring the paperwork (e-mail trail) with you. Don't hesitate to stand up and walk away if they start changing anything on you. In this economy, you should be able to get your price.

Good luck!
  • thealfadudethealfadude Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot fear_my-catz, I will take your suggested $38k as my target price and will start sending emails to the different dealers in my area.

According to the Infiniti site there is a 0.0% APR if I want to finance a part of the $38k. Do you have experience if the 0.0% still applies or is the financing % something the dealer can play with depending on the negotiated price. I was surprised that the dealer gave me a lower price with a 5.9% APR, and a $2k higher price based on 0.0%. Reading the 0.0% terms on the Infiniti site I do not see any restrictions related to a negotiated price.
    well, I was not able to negotiate both, the price and the rate. I paid 37.9K for the base awd, which has an invoice of around 41k.
    I did try to push for the special rate, but I was told its either low price, or special rate. I ended up financing for 5.9% which I plan to pay off shortly anyway.

I doesn't hurt to try though!
    Push for both, maybe through in an extra 300, but get the rate. I admit I made a mistake by showing up at the dealership before negotiating the final terms. They felt I'm ready to buy. So, try to get the final terms via e-mail, so you have the paper trail.
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,382
    For Purchase (decided against leasing):
    2009 Infiniti FX50
    Base FX50 (No tech package and no sport package - everything else is already included)
    MSRP: 57,935
    Sale Price: 46,700

This is in the Philadelphia area. I think this is an outstanding deal- can anyone else comment?

Thanks!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
    very nice! The invoice is $54K and change, so you got it 8K under invoice. $5K incentive plus the loyalty credit I guess.

Swesome deal! congrats!
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,382
    Thanks for responding! No loyalty credit actually. I wish though! Would have made this a 44k deal.

Looking forward to picking it up saturday.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • g_maxxg_maxx Member Posts: 1
    Been lurking... but thought I'd chime in here.

If you know you have good credit and have a loan lined up already or are paying cash then I don't think there is any reason to pay anything more than invoice minus the 5k incentive. Try to get into the dealer holdback if you can.

Just do you research and then negotiate through the internet sales dept. Always tell them you are going to purchase now and have a better offer than they are offering.

I got my 2009 FX35 in the beginning of April when the incentive was $4k.
    Ended up with an AWD w/prem, cargo holder, splash guards and roof rack for $38,100. I probably could have done a little bit better but needed the car by that weekend. I got them to give me some of their hold back on top of the invoice minus $4k and never stepped foot in the dealership.

The internet is a wonderful thing. :) Hope this helps.
    I cant get anyone to give me anything below msrp. Im in texas- is anyone else having better luck? We're happy to go out of state for the vehicle, as this is ridiculous. I cant even get one dealership to go below so I can start playing them off each other.
    did the rebate go away?
  • kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    these are the deals in atlanta.

http://www.infinitiofgwinnett.com/new-car-specials.ifrmae.htm

click on the new specials. advertised is a 2009 FX 35 RWD premium package
    $36298. MSRP:$44485.00

Kris
  • shweta1shweta1 Member Posts: 12
    I purchased Fx35, RWD, black on black, premium package for 35,340 last week . The car costed us 36700 including all taxes, tags n fees. The MSRP on this car is 45300.

I negotiated with almost all dealers in VA and Maryland through internet department and closed on this deal. The vehicle was not in their inventory but they got it for us from some other location. I did not get in financed from Infiniti.

I bought it from JBA Infiniti in Maryland. They have the best ongoing deals on all Infiniti models and are offering almost $8000 rebate.... I will recommend always go through internet department. You get the best deals through them.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Dealer Cash on the FX35 is $5000, it is $6000 on the FX50. In Dallas, our average FX35 sold for $7000 off MSRP last month. This is roughly $3500 below invoice. This dealer cash is NOT good if you take the special financing or lease the vehicle. :)
  • nunez1nunez1 Member Posts: 5
    Do they have loyalty cash along with Finc. or cash back. Also if going for the Finc what should my goal for price be over invoice or below
    There is a loyalty rebate of $2000 IF you choose to lease an FX - it does not apply if you buy. I know in Texas, the FX's are hard to find. Each dealer has 4-7 of them it seems. Most dealers will discount the vehicle around $2000 then you can decide to take the special financing or take an extra $5000 off and use your own financing. If you have good credit and can get a competitive rate on your own - take the extra $5000. This new FX is awesome, you will love it! :D
  • nitrous2nitrous2 Member Posts: 2
    I plan on buying a new FX35 by the end of September or October. I don't know if I should purchase a 2009 model or wait to buy a 2010 model. I'm sure that the Dealer Cash Incentive of $5K for a 2009 will drop after September (or after the 09 models are all gone.) But in this depressed economy, I'm certain there will still be an incentive for the '10 models (how much is another question.) My main question is: is it worth buying the 09 model, taking into consideration the depreciation for "last year's model?" Or is it worth paying a little more for the 2010 model? Your thoughts & suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • the_dude1the_dude1 Member Posts: 6
    My 2006 FX35 awd lease will be expiring shortly and I would like another. What would be a good lease rate for the following vehicle 12k miles/yr 36 or 39 month ?

FX35 AWD black w/premium package $46,815
    I think if you can get a $4000 difference then it is a wash, if you can get more than that go with the 09 if it is less go for the 10. The 2010 FX's are due in November, I seriously doubt the $5000 dealer cash will go away (it may even get better). The vehicle is selling well with that incentive so it will probably stay the same until the US is sold out.
  • chazaschazas Member Posts: 4
    Anyone buying since 8/28 who wants to go in together on the new Amex gift card deal (you get $500, I get $150), email me at chazasweet at yahoo dot com. Back to your regularly scheduled price discussion...
    several cars i have found will work for me but im not interested in the crossbars, nor do i want to pay for them if i dont want them. can they be removed by the dealer or are they stuck on there?
    Technically, they can remove them - I doubt they give any credit for them (they don't want them either).
    I'll hook you up - I have lots of buyers. :)
  • jung1jung1 Member Posts: 6
    A dealer offered me $40,995 for FX w/Premium and Navi (std financing). Do I have to accept it? What do you think?
    I think this is a good price. I received 4 quotes from different dealers and they were all around the same price even after going back and forth. I just picked a FX 2009 FX35 Black Obsidian on Wheat

Premium Pkg

Navigation Pkg

Delux Touring Pkg

Roof Racks

Impact Sensors

for 43,370
    thats the vehicle we're looking for too. congrats on picking one up!

just curious, are impact sensors the glass breakage sensors?
    yes
  • chickenbreastchickenbreast Member Posts: 4
    Can the $5000 incentive be combined with the 0%?
  • harleybellaharleybella Member Posts: 2
    The dealership up the street STILL has a "new" 2008 fx45. My husband and I are looking at going in there to talk to them but im just not to sure what to offer them. It does have wear in the seats (from people getting in and out of it in the show room) and the 2010 are coming out. What do you think we should offer them?
    No. :(
    I'd check to see what pre-owned 08 were going for around the country (autotrader.com or cars.com) - I'd assume you would pay a little more for one that is untitled and has basically no miles.

Keep in mind - the dealers all got the dealer cash at the end of the year - I think for the FX it was about $5000 or so (you may go back and check old post). So, whatever the invoice is - the dealer cash is what they have in it right now.
  • for100for100 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please share the dealer information as I am also looking for the same specs. Thanks in advance.
    We got the same offer from Austin. Black on black.
    El Paso TX Hoy Fox Infiniti
    We have an offer for a nav/prem RWD for $41k and a nav/prem AWD for $41.8. We are waiting replies from several other dealers but this is the best so far. Also, isn't tint standard? I have a few dealers trying to "throw in" the tint (and the wheel locks $40, and the nitro tires *yawn*).
  • rockhound2rockhound2 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Houston, TX and had a hard time dealing with local dealerships, partly because the color/option combo was rare (RWD, slate blue/graphite, with premium, navigation & deluxe touring). West Infiniti would never give quote (Just come visit!) Emailed every dealership in 300mi radius of Houston. Best offers were from Orr Infiniti in Shreveport at $43037 and Grubbs Infiniti (Euless, TX - near Ft. Worth) at $43073 ($3609 below dealer invoice+destination fee, $7887 below MSRP). Austin Infiniti would have matched the deal, but didn't have the Slate Blue. I went with Grubbs due to drive convenience. Rented an Enterprise car, drove up, and conveniently dropped it off right next door to the dealership! Drove the FX home last weekend - great car!!
    We have an offer from a dealer for $1000 over dealer cost. I can't get a straight answer about what dealer cost is. How do I find this info? Is this a good deal? I posted a few other offers we've gotten and want to know if this is the best deal compared to those. We're buying this week if we get the deal we want so a quick response would be appreciated. TIA!
    We ended up going to check them out this morning and walked out with one! Finally! Info below.

09 FX35 RWD Liquid Plat/Graph
    premium package
    nav package
    bumper protector
    glass breakage sensor
    add window tint
    add wheel locks
    add cargo mat

MSRP: $48,930
    Price paid: $41,301

We worked hard for this deal. We had a great buying experience and would definitely recommend our salespeople. We also had great offers from other dealers in the area that I'm willing to share if anyone is looking.
    Looks good to me - they just came out with the October incentives and they did not change any from last month. :)