Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jabeevajabeeva Member Posts: 15
    My stepfather received the quote summarized below via email from a dealer in Virginia. I've had great sucess negotiating my cars using the Edmunds forums and I'm hoping to help him out this purchase. Let me know what you think of these numbers.

2010 FX35 w/ Premium, Navigation Package and Roof Rail Crossbars
    AWD
    MSRP: 49,375
    Discount: -8,210
    Quoted Price: 41,165

I presume this quote is before TT&R + any fees. I have suggested that he should ask them to throw in the 2-year maintenance package. Any thoughts on whether we can get this car for a lower price?
  • tk76tk76 Member Posts: 13
    Does that price include destination? If it does then thats one of the best prices I have seen.
  • grossiegrossie Member Posts: 41
    Seems like a good or very good deal to me, depending on which situation you're in (see next sentence). If you take the invoice price (about $46k) and subtract any incentives (at least $4k, plus possible the $2k owner loyalty) then we're looking at $40k, so your price gives the dealer $1165 of overt profit. If you don't have the $2k loyalty then it's a better deal, essentially below invoice by $845.
  • jayrandalljayrandall Member Posts: 81
    Hey - I saw your car on the Fields lot two weeks ago. It caught my eye, nice pickup for you.

fyi: I traded an '06 FX35 with similar options at Fields last year. I got an '09 FX35 from Fields but still sort of miss my '06.

Good luck with the ride.
  • aurene1700aurene1700 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at 2009 FX35 with Prem/Nav/Tour/Splash Guards etc. MSRP with dealer prep $52,225. Dealer asking $45,000 excluding TTL. I can probably get it down more. What is ones experience with the FX 35? I also remember a dealer incentive back in 2009. Does this still exist for the 2009?
  • ajohanssonajohansson Member Posts: 6
    Hello from Sweden..
    Have anyone got a good deal on a 2010 or 2009 with nav and tech pkg?
    Im shipping it to Sweden (have a 2006 now)
    It has to be with the Technology pkg...as thats the pkg with selfadjusted headlights...a must in Sweden...for xenon lights. I wonder if anyone know where to turn for the best deal...best would be in the Conneticut area.
    Would be happy for help..regards//Arne Johansson
  • rumberduderumberdude Member Posts: 1
    My wife is looking at a new FX 35 with Premium,Navigation and Touring Package in Central Texas. Any idea what a good price would be?
    Thanks
  • blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    Anyone have insider information as to when the 2011 FX50 will be released?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    No change here.

FX35: $4000 or Special Rates (0% for 36, 0.9% for 60, or 2.9% for 72)
    FX50: $5000 or Special Rates (see above)

$1000 Lease Loyalty Rebate IF you lease and you currently have an Infiniti. (FX35 only) :)
  • chbauerchbauer Member Posts: 3
    Ok I was at one atlanta infiniti dealer today, test drove an FX35 (Premium Package).

Here's the following quote I got.

If I bring my own financing:

PRICE: $39,119.00
    DOC FEE: $698.00
    TAXES: $2,787.19
    TITLE: $21.00
    DRIVE OUT: $42,625.1

If I qualify and use Infiniti Financing offer:

PRICE $42,977.00
    DOC FEE $698.00
    TAXES $3,057.25
    TITLE $21.00
    DRIVE OUT: $46,753.25

What do you guys think about this deal.

This is for FX35 RWD with Premium Package.

I appreciate your input. Thanks.
    edited May 2010
    Hey ChBauer-

At first glance I liked that first price, but then I realized you are talking about RWD. I think you could do better, the dealer is keeping a lot of $ from you if I'm reading the incentives correctly. That brings me to my next question- I'm a little confused by the offers. Isn't the extra dealer money available only if you use Infiniti financing, but you don't get the lower rates? You said if you get your own financing you can get the lower price. I'm confused about this incentive. Also, do you know if that extra cash is available if you lease? I'm looking at leasing a 2010 FX35 at the end of June.
    thanks for your reply grossie.
    how much do you think can still be taken off the quote?
    Invoice plus dest on that car is $42,165. I'm assuming the $4000 in marketing support is in your price, so IMO you should shoot for $38,165. That is basically invoice minus the $4k. There is still plenty of money in it for the dealer, stuff you don't automatically see. If I were buying my car this way (I do it a little differently) I'd counter offer with $38,165 (or add whatever other options are on top at invoice price) and I'd be willing to go about $200-$300 higher. I'd also not make my offer until right before the end of the month, preferably on a Monday, Tues, or Weds. This makes the manager more likely to want to sell that car for a few different reasons.

Let me know how it turns out. I'll be buying my next FX35 at the end of June.
  • julia2010julia2010 Member Posts: 2
    Got an offer from a dealler in LA on 2010 RWD base model for 35.5 plus tax and registration. MSRP is 43,265; invoice - 40,020. Is that reasonable or are there any better deals out there?
    here's the latest I have:

FX35 RWD 4DR
    Premium package
    Splash guards
    Aluminum roof rail crossbars
    Cargo organizer & protector
    First aid kit
    Tonneau cover

$42,221 Drive out price, what do you think?!
  • helen04helen04 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone, by any chace, know what is the invoice price for a 2010 infiniti fx35 in canada (price they have on canada infiniti website is $52,300)?

Thanks a bunch?
  • helen04helen04 Member Posts: 2
    if invoice price is $40K,and he added premium package, navi, etc, how could the dealer still be willing to sell at invoice price? They are giving him premium package and navi for free?? My apology if i sound stupid...I am planning to buy a 2010 FX35 and the MRSP for AWD is $52,300 in Canada (no package) or $58,150 (with navi).And the sales told me their mark-up is 8%. which price should I aim for? Thank you sooo mcuh for the advice. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • fxsilverfxsilver Member Posts: 8
    trying to lease a 2010 FX35 and haven't seen a recent update on money factors and residuals so I am not sure if the dealer is gouging me or not.

Looking at a 2WD FX35 with premium and nav. They have come off $6500 off MSRP so around $42k. Texas

Thanks!!!
  • bignasty1bignasty1 Member Posts: 26
    Car Man -

Can the 4k in dealer cash be used in a lease?
    No
  • violinfatherviolinfather Member Posts: 2
    The dealer invoice on a base FX35 in Canada is $47425 with MSRP being $52,300. Infiniti Canada is currently offering $3000 cash credit. Should I offer dealer invoice minus the $3000 i.e. $44425? Dealer mark up is usually 6-8% in Canada. What is a reasonable final price?
  • g35_maniag35_mania Member Posts: 17
    fxsilver ,

You ever get the MF and residuals? I'm also looking at the same car and was only able to get them to 46k. 41-42k sounds much better. What part of TX you in?

Cheers,
    Ed
  • violinfatherviolinfather Member Posts: 2
    Awesome deal. Dealer invoice minus $3000 cash credit.
  • aidaaida Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    I have leased from Infiniti for the past several years. Given the 0% financing I am considering buying the FX35 AWD outright with the options listed below which bring the car to 55774 MSRP. I can put down 10 to 15K. Does this make sense and what should the dealer be prepared to sell the car for given the down payment in cash.

PREMIUM PKG -inc: climate-controlled quilted-leather front seats w/2-position driver seat memory, interface system for iPod, reverse tilt-down exterior mirrors w/memory, pwr tilt/telescopic steering column w/memory, sand-blasted aluminum roof rails NAVIGATION PKG -inc: hard drive-based navigation system, voice recognition for audio & navigation controls, XM NavTraffic, 9.3 GB hard drive, 8" color touch screen w/compass, Around View Monitor, front/rear sonar system, XM NavWeather, Zagat restaurant guide, in-dash DVD player, Bluetooth streaming audio DELUXE TOURING PKG -inc: 20" 5-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels, P265/50VR20 all-season Bridgestone tires, hand-stained maple wood trim, aluminum pedals, cargo cover HEADREST ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM STAINLESS STEEL REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR STAINLESS STEEL ILLUMINATED KICK PLATES SPLASH GUARDS
  • ethansskyethanssky Member Posts: 8
    Hi. I am in the market for a 2010 FX 35 AWD / Premium Package / Navigation Package. What is the best/good price I can get it for? Oh. I live in NYC. Any reply will help. Thanks.

Ethan
  • xrfpxxrfpx Member Posts: 2
    Paid $54,050
    MSRP was $64140

Black Obsidian with Java Lthr w/ Maple
    with Sport Package

Accessories
    Splash Guards (4-piece, front and rear)
    Roof Rail Crossbars
    Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector
    Cargo Area Protector and Organizer
    Illuminated Kick Plates
    First-Aid Kit
  • ironman87ironman87 Member Posts: 3
    That is a great price.Was that Out The Door plus tax or including tax.
    I have literally been trying to buy a FX50S with Sport Pkg.only since January.Did not want Black or Copper and had to keep the cost under $55K plus my local tax.
  • xrfpxxrfpx Member Posts: 2
    $54K was price before tax. The car buying service via Amex will get you close to your budget. I was able to start with the Amex price in the negotiation and work on the price from there. It was June 29th and end of the month - they were willing to deal.
  • exxonenexxonen Member Posts: 1
    I'm eligible to Nissan VPP "D" and looking to buy fx35 2010 tech package in Seattle, WA.
    as I understand with VPP I can get at least invoice - $1000 + tax.
    what is invoice price for this car, and what'd be "good" price to talk dealer to?

thanks.
  • satishleosatishleo Member Posts: 8
    Hi Julia,

could you please let us know the dealer name ?

Appreciate it.

thanks
    Satish
  • mugengsrmugengsr Member Posts: 12
    Just about all the dealers in DCMD/VA area are selling FX35s for 8-9K below MSRP plus .09% financing!
  • cap58cap58 Member Posts: 32
    Just completed negotiations on a new 2010 FX35 yesterday - the car is being shipping to NE Ohio from Chicago. I will get it next weekend.

MSRP $53320
    Deluxe Touring Pkg, Navigation Pkg, Premium Pkg
    Moonlight White Pearl with Graphite Interior
    Final price $45310 (15% off MSRP)

Traded in a 2008 EX35 with 67500 miles (other than the high miles, in great shape). Got what I consider is a fair price for the trade. The high miles was the big issue - we couldn't find another sale out there at the auctions with more than 50k miles.

I actually had been looking to go back to Lexus for an RX350, but found dealing with Lexus to be a nightmare - talk about stereotypical sales people - ugh!!! I had concerns going back to Infiniti because the dealer I had bought the EX from was a train wreck. Luckily, a well established dealer group came in and bought the local competition Infiniti dealership and they are wonderful. This will be my 4th Infiniti - the first 2 were bought in SW Ohio when I lived down there - a great dealership with great service.

I just wish Infiniti would offer the option of a wood trim steering wheel - I see they do have one in the new QX56 (it's actually a wood insert, not a wood wrap like the Lexus), but I don't need to drive a $70K car that is as big as a house!!

Looking forward to getting my new car next weekend. And for all of you NE Ohio Infinti owners out there who are fed up with the incumbent Infiniti dealership, check out the new dealership (near the airport - hint, hint). I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
  • debeuccidebeucci Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys...

I've been checking your experiences and recently just called my dealer on an 2010 fx35. He told me that he is having problems finding a 2010 these days but because of that, he's willing to sell me a 2011 fx35 touring package for around 43k. I think MSRP for that is about 49-51? something like that.

Is that a pretty good deal? Seems like a signifigant drop for a 2011! Of course it doesn't involve any hidden fees like paperwork or whatever they might try to slide in.

Thoughts?
  • cadetbluecadetblue Member Posts: 2
    Here the low down.

MSRP $50995
    Navigation Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Splash Guards
    Roof Rails
    Rear Bumper Protector
    Illuminated Kick Plates (very cool)
    Moonlight White Pearl with Wheat Interior

Final price $41,255 + D/H (589.00) = 41,844
    Basically (Invoice - 5,500) + D/H

Since we took the dealer cash we financed through US Bank at 3.25% @60 months

Very good purchase experience with Infiniti of Denver (Internet Sales)
  • mosomoso Member Posts: 8
    I just got this deal:
    2010 INFINITI FX35 AWD MSRP $48,280.
    Discount - $11,280
    Purchase price (inc destination charges) = $37,000

I called all over the places, nobody could match this deal, plus 2010 models are hard to fund now, they are almost gone.

Thoughts?
  • gladiator888gladiator888 Member Posts: 1
    That is a pretty good deal. I am also working on a deal with one of the local dealer and they are only offering me $10,500 off MSRP. Which state are you located at? I am in CA.
  • mosomoso Member Posts: 8
    Actually I got even a better deal from another dealer today (Herb Chambers of Westbourough in Massachusetts)
    2010 FX35 (Premium + Nav) MSRP# 50735,00
    Discount # 11600,00
    Deal Price (Inclu destination charges) # 39135,00 and on the top of that 72 months financing at 2.99%.
    I took the deal.
    This is a Texas thing - but Infiniti announced they will have sales tax credits till the end of the year on the FX (either 2010 or 2011)... :)
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    My sister has a 2008 FX35 with 49k miles on it. The payoff on it is only 22k so she is looking at keeping it as you can't buy one in Houston for anywhere close to that much. Does infiniti negotiate on the buyouts at all. Are there any current loyalty incentives out right now?
  • feetfrstfeetfrst Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased in Md area a 2011 FX 35 AWD
    Premium
    mud guards
    destination
    Invoice $50070 ( included $725 in options not charged in deal)
    Purchase: $ 41,330 internet deal, over $8K discount , 17.5% off sticker
    amazed at discounts giving on 2011's!!
    Best deal I ever received on a new car in current model year!
  • g35floodedg35flooded Member Posts: 44
    I have been thinking about getting into a lease for a 2011 Fx or possibly buying a 2009 with low miles but your deal is pretty damn good... Maybe I will go by Infiniti this weekend and see what kind of deal they can get me...

Did you put anything down? If so how much? What was the rate they gave you/ monthly payment if you dont mind me asking.
    Announced today, Infiniti raised the price on all FX35 by $550 and the FX50 by $650. All vehicles that are currently at the dealership are price protected but not going forward, so when shopping be sure to compare the MSRPs - two identical vehicles could be $550 apart in price. :(
  • ofmyofmy Member Posts: 1
    feetfrst, can you name the dealer and sales manager in MD? Looking for the best deal...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lruffinlruffin Member Posts: 4
    In the market for a Certified Used 2010 FX35 AWD w/ Prem Pkg. I have been doing a lot of research online and see prices ranging from $34K-$40K depending on mileage and certain options. I would prefer under 20K miles. Has anyone purchased something similar recently in the NY/NJ/CT areas? If so, do you mind sharing dealer's price, purchase price, options, etc. that can give me an idea of what to expect? Thanks for your time.
  • robjamellrobjamell Member Posts: 35
    May I ask why you would consider pre-owned with people get $8k-$10k off MSRP of new ones?
  • robjamellrobjamell Member Posts: 35
    Could you please tell me the dealership's name?
  • loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    I understand there is a $2000 factory to dealer incentive currently on the FX35.

does anyone know if it is applicable to leases ?
    does anyone know if it is applicable to 0.9 or 1.9 financing ?

thanks
  • lruffinlruffin Member Posts: 4
    Good point! Read previous posts after posting my question. Did not know such huge discounts were given on the 2011 models.
    No one is giving $10k off the original MSRP - there is only $2k dealer cash, if you get $5k off right now you are doing good.