Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kbostonkboston Member Posts: 3
    what's the price on a 04 FX35 AWD with tech and tour, splash guards and sunroof wind deflector?
  • otis123otis123 Member Posts: 439
  • jdinnjjdinnj Member Posts: 9
    Hi Gfoster,
    I received a quote from Ramsey for $1000.00 over invoice. I think they price is still a little high, someone mentioned Salermo of Denville for $200.00 over invoice, I tryed contacting them but, theyt have not e-mail me back. Do you think Ramsey will match Salermo's price?
    Thanks
    JD
    Should have stated - What are people in Boston paying for their FX35.
  • ducmonducmon Member Posts: 8
    Boston has great prices look at quirk and chambers. I just signed a deal for fx 35 awd touring 34,400.
  • d_in_njd_in_nj Member Posts: 23
    I think you can do better than $1000 over invoice from Ramsey! I had about $300 over invoice from Denville via Edmunds.com, but on an instock vehicle. No haggle, no dealing. Raz gave me that price. Ray Catena (via carsdirect) took a bit, but they matched Denville & worked hard. Martha gave me that one.

Plates should be here today! :)

$34,400 is a fantastic price! Is there an advertising cost in MA?
    Thank you for answering to my post. I just got a quote from Denvile (RAZ) for $400 over invoice (Edmunds Invoice). There is a $500 difference between Edmunds' invoice and Consumer Guide's invoice. Did you know that? and If you did,which of these has a more accurage information. Thanks
    JD
    I found that carsdirect.com's price was right on because it included that $400 (or is it $500?) advertising fee for NJ. Edmunds doesn't include it in their invoice price. I was $290 over invoice on Carsdirect.com...

Hmmm... I just checked here at Edmunds & my price is $233 above invoice...not sure how that happened...?

I'd guess on CG has the $500 added.

So.... what are you going to do next? :)
    I'm waiting from Ray Catena's response. But I am leadding toward Salermo's offer, they did not give me a hassle, and I'm seeked off dealers playing around.
    Thanks a lot for your information. Buying a car is not an easy task
    JD
    Denville was soooo easy. If Ray Catena hadn't been so persistent, I'd have just left it as is at Denville, but I have my car & that is all that matters to me.

This was the first car buying experience where I felt confident and comfortable. I really liked that part and I absolutely ADORE my FX! I know you will feel the same way. So glad to help ya!
    Thanks for you're reply - This weekend I intend to check those two out, and also infiniti of Norwood.
  • wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    Remember that there should be no marketing assesment on Infinitis delivered to the dealer after 4/1/04. The MA was scrapped and the base price was increased. If in doubt ALWAYS ask to see the invoice from Infiniti NA. If the dealer refuses, then walk.
  • mikeymikey Member Posts: 6
    I am interested in purchasing a 2003 fx35awd with premium package only. I'm wondering what a good deal would be for a 2003 model. Also, i live in California and would i would be able to purchase anything within Ca. Does anyone know any dealerships in either nocal or socal offering good deals. all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mikey
    Boston has great prices look at quirk and chambers. I just signed a deal for fx 35 awd touring 34,400.
    I do not know if MA has an advertising cost but this deal was about $2300 below my local dealers. I think chambers sell many units. My local dealers in Ohio claimed this price was below their cost even when considering the hold back and floor allowance.

I travel to Boston frequently and will just drive the car home.
    Does the FX35 have any break-in requirements? I will be driving about 600 miles.
  • gfostergfoster Member Posts: 10
    I think so. If they are aware of what the market is doing, they will usually try to match in order to get inventory off the floor. However, $200 over invoice is excellent. I'd go ahead and do business with Salerno if that is what they are quoting.
  • fxfanfxfan Member Posts: 30
    This is a RWD that a dude is selling on another FX forum, he's in San Diego. Don't know if you are interested in RWD but here's his ebay listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item- =2476388433
  • redsox19182004redsox19182004 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All-

Its been great reading the posts on this board.

I signed off today on a new 2004 FX35, AWD with Touring and extras for $34,200. The sticker was $34,760. I highly recommend Herb Chambers Infiniti in Boston. AVOID QUIRK IN BRAINTREE/QUINCY AT ALL COSTS! Not only is their "doc prep fee" $300, their customer service is awful.

Do all your dealing over the net. The key is NOT to negotiate. The key is to tell them what you will pay and in the same sentence, tell them you will give them a deposit right now. Do your research first and know exactly what you want.
  • fxfanfxfan Member Posts: 30
    Sticker on this vehicle with splash guards, AWD, touring and cargo protector is 39,540; invoice is 36,176; so you "bought" this vehicle for the price of 34,200 and "sticker was 34,600". No offense, but your numbers don't make a lot of sense.
    I'm confused by your numbers, too. $34,200 is two thousand below invoice!

JD in NJ... any news? I'm waiting with bated breath! :)
    Hi RedSox,
    About our friends numbers, it doesn't add up. He should go back and re-calculate. In reference to my quotes, Salermo of Denville quoted $347 over edmunds invoice, Ray Catena, still waiting from Martha, but I have good news, I receiced a call from Park Avenue Infiniti NJ, I told him (George) that I am buying from Salermo because they are giving me a better price ($200.00) over invoice, He said he will match it or bit it ton get the salethat. So, I am meeting with him tommorrow morning.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,731
    The two dealers mentioned by redsox do regularly advertise FX35 premium awd at $4500+ off msrp, so I believe his purchase price is do-able around here. Chambers is one of the biggest (multiple shops)dealers in the US, I believe. I've heard mixed reviews of Quirk...
    Maybe he meant sticker was $39,760...

Go Sox! Reverse the curse!!!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Is it necessary to provide a car dealership your social security number if you are financing the car through you bank. i balked on a purchase because the dealership insisted that the ssn was required. all input would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
    mikey
    There are am awful lot of scams and identity theft issues out there for dealers to worry about. They probably just want to check your identity and make sure everything adds up.
    SS#
    I don't think you will find a financer who will give you a loan without your SS# - they need it to get your credit rating.

NYC area purchasers:

Any recent [March/April] buyers in the NYC area willing to post their negotiated FX35 purchase price (NOT including tax, tags, license)? Please provide your sticker MSRP and dealer - including whether $545. or $590. destination. Thanks in advance!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you bring your own financing to the table, as Mikey is doing, why would a dealer need your SSN?

Steve, Host
    i financed the loan through my bank since the bank already has my social security number. i just don't want the dealership to have my ssn if possible.
  • norcal3norcal3 Member Posts: 6
    Just signed up to buy a Black (with Brick/Black interior) '04 FX45 with Tech, Premium packages, chrome wheels, cargo protector and splash guards. Paid $48,500, which I think is about $350 over invoice, depending on how much destination charge and/or advertising cost you include (Edmunds and CarsDirect both ended up with about $48,195 as invoice, but calculated it slightly differently). Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the deal. Here is my question: they asked $899 for XM, installed. I acted shocked considering that the MSRP is $400. They claimed it's a whole day to install, etc. I bagged it, then the F&I guy later said, "Oh, by the way, the salesman misquoted the price--it's $750". I said I'd think about it.

So, what is a fair price for the XM unit, installed (the care seems to be prewired, and there is the "Sat" button on the Bose radio unit)??
    Tri-State area anyway... New Jersey! :)

Any recent [March/April] buyers in the NYC area willing to post their negotiated FX35 purchase price (NOT including tax, tags, license)? Please provide your sticker MSRP and dealer - including whether $545. or $590. destination. Thanks in advance!

Purchased April 10th. Ray Catena, Edison, NJ. FX35: touring, mats, rails, guards. MSRP: $39,760 (incl. $590 destination). Paid: $36,492

Also had price on same FX from Salerno Duane in Denville of $36,600. Assuming that was also $590 destination charge.

HTH!
    For verification of identity. If he is buying with anything other than a pile of cash then they will need to make reasonably sure of the persons identity in the case anything turns out to be less than straight. With cash there is the cash reporting requirements to be considered.
    I'm still confused - if you pay with cash in the US (more than $10,000) then the dealer has to report it on IRS Form 8300 with a SSN. That's somewhat understandable.

But why wouldn't a driver's license suffice for payment by personal check or by outside financing?

Giving out your SSN isn't to be done lightly, imo. link.

Maybe we should finish beating this poor horse over in Any Questions for a Car Dealer?.

Steve, Host
    I did work in car sales for a year or so a while back. The point is that with identity theft being so prevalent nowadays, car dealers are being VERY careful to ascertain the identity of anyone buying a car. You'd be amazed how many peoples driving licenses don't have their current address. I'd say about a third I dealt with didn't. Mainly because people seem to buy new cars after they've moved to a new house. Before everyone gets mad at the big, bad car dealer consider how comfortable you would be letting someone you have never met before drive off in a $40000 car based on a personal check?
    Consider this story (I know someone who was ripped off in this scam) to see the things that go on;
    http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~21474~2118174,00.- html
    The point is that with identity theft being so prevalent nowadays I don't want some TT&L clerk at the dealer having easy access to my SSN :-).

Thanks for the link. Let's move on before the weekday crowd comes along looking for deals and finds this thread instead. I asked for more comments over in the Car Dealer discussion - steve_ "Any Questions for a Car Dealer?" May 2, 2004 11:18pm.

Steve, Host
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    is a federal requirement on all vehicle purchases regardless of how its paid for. most states also require it for tracking of sales/property taxes.
  • tls3tls3 Member Posts: 4
    I am trying to lease a FX35. When I go to the Dealers, they always ask Lease or Finance. If I finance, they lower the price to $350.00 over invoice, which is a great deal. If I lease, they want to lease the car at MSRP price, which I am not willing to pay. They also asked, what lease monthly payment do you want to pay.
    Can someone please let me know which is the best way to get a lease for $300.00 over invoice.
    Thank you
    TLS3
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You might want to take a look at Calculate Your Own Lease Payment .

tidester, host
  • texasfx35texasfx35 Member Posts: 65
    $750 for XM installation is a bit high. Southwest Infiniti in Houston charges $700 for this installation. There is a fair amount of work that needs to be done to get the antenna and the receiver installed plus running the wiring harness. If you want to know more about the installation details look at the Grubbs Infiniti site. They have an Infiniti performance parts shopping area. You can access the installation instructions in that area. Yes, $700 does seem high compared to $400 MSRP on a factory-installed unit, but after the car is assembled it cost to disassemble it.
  • mwitt3mwitt3 Member Posts: 15
    Have been following this board for a while and it has been quite a help. Purchased FX 35 with sports and touring packages, brick black interior for $37,400. No marketing fee. Purchased form competition infiniti on long island, new york (Smithtown). Pick it up this weekend--psyched.
  • jpiatchekjpiatchek Member Posts: 177
    Had my sat installed at Vincel Infiniti in Springfield, Mo. They charged $400. Don't understand why others are charging so much.
    i want to thank everybody for their input regarding the need for a social security number. tonight i picked up my fx35awd(diamond graphite w/graphite leather) with touring package and splash guards for $35,970. best of all, the dealership did not ask for my ssn number after i paid with a check from my credit union. i could not be happier with the salesman and no pressure sales tactics in regards to an extended warranty, window etching, maintenance,ect. once again, thanks for all the help

Mikey
    Great! Congrats! Enjoy the car. Where did you buy it from by the way?
    pleasanton of infiniti (sf bay area)
  • tls3tls3 Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys,
    I received a quote from carsdirect for $44086.00 FX35, Sports, DVD, Tech and Chrome. Invoice is $43336.00. The difference is $750.00. The dealer accepted the offer, but I think I could get a better price. Please note I want to lease, Should I be concern with the price or try to get the lower price and tell the dealer at the end that I want to lease.
    Let me know best option.
    Thanks
    TLS3
  • smokey100smokey100 Member Posts: 26
    MIkey, who was your sales guy? I'm in the bay area and I'm looking for an FX too.

Thx-Smokey100
    if you want to email me add at aol after my screen name.
  • norcal3norcal3 Member Posts: 6
    Picked up my black/brick/black FX45 on Sunday from Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City, CA. Fully loaded with Tech, premium packages, chrome wheels, splash guards, cargo protector. $48,500 out the door. Very good dealership experience--worked with the interned sales manager who basically took my order, calculated the msrp, and asked what I wanted to offer. I offered list--he asked for $500 over list. We split it mreo or less down the middle. Very fair, very quick and easy, no hassles whatsoever. Offered the extended warranty but no pressure at all. Got 1.9% financing, which was great too. I will have a sat radio installed--looks like we will get to $650 or so installed--probably fair. I am sure I am preaching to the converted here, but this car ROCKS. Super fast, super luxurious, veyr cool looking. I am moving from a BMW and couldn't be happier with my choice.
    Here in NJ
    I got a deal for $500.00 over invoice, same car, waiting from dealership to meet me halfway, I offering $250.00 over invoice.
    Thanks
  • harryhharryh Member Posts: 7
    Marvin, good work. I believe you got an excellent deal...that's just a touch over invoice. Not to harsh your mellow, though, and just as an FYI...as of April 1 Infiniti began adding the marketing fee to the invoice price. So, any FXs that arrived after April 1 simply have a higher base invoice. Sort of gets rid of controversy I guess.

Anyway, I picked up my FX35 AWDw/Sport last Thursday...what a blast; and lotsa luck keeping it under 70MPH on the expressways. I can't seem to.
    I have 3 different invoice prices from 3 different sources (fleetrates.com=35665., edmunds=36176., carsdirect=36119.) for a 2004 FX 35 AWD Touring w/ splash guards, cargo area protector and 590. destination.

Any advice (besides getting dealer to show their "invoice") on which is the real figure??

Thanks
    The only "true" invoice price you are going to get is the figure on the Infiniti NA invoice at the dealer. The fleetrates.comm one looks way out. Edmunds and Carsdirect are usually in agreement.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Please remember no names of salemen, per Town Hall agreement. Thanks,