Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• saizzzsaizzz Member Posts: 2
    Picked up a black FX45 with Premium and Tech packages. MSRP 51,765 - paid 45729. Did the deal over the phone and was out in an hour. They have inventory so I'd imagine you could get an even better deal if you wanted to haggle. Purchased at Sacramento Infiniti.

Coming off an 2001 X5 3.0 and loving the ride of the FX.
  • colecole Member Posts: 67
    Infinit bumps the money factor from .00179 to .00194 if you have the security deposit waived...

I was just quoted invoice ($37,652) for:

2004 FX35 AWD (Liquid Copper & Brick/Black)
    Sport
    Touring
    Cargo Protector
    Splash Guards
    Sunroof wind deflector

The dealer offered invoice w/o any negotiation. I'm aware of the $500 rebate certificates that Infiniti has given it's dealers. Has anyone purchased/leased an FX since these rebates started? Was the dealer upfront about their existence and/or willing to use them?

The lease figures too:
    39 mo./15k miles per year
    $1324.62 due at signing (first mo., doc fee, acquisition fee, title)
    $549.12 monthly payment (with 7% Ohio tax included)
  • quattroquattro Member Posts: 107
    I'm planning to lease a FX35 for 39 months. Anyone has any idea on what residual value I should expect for 12k/yr and 15k/yr?
  • wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    Pop over to the leasing forum. Lots of people have been asking about the FX35 in there and there is lots of information there.
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    I have a hard time believing that!! '05's already under invoice. Please post the names and numbers of the sales reps who are selling '05s so cheap! Hurry!!
    Yep, it's pretty amazing considering no-one outside of Gardena knows the pricing on the 2005 cars yet ;)

Info on the 2005 FX is here;
    http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/2005vehicles/fx/index.shtml
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Try SW infiniti or make the drive to dallas and try grubbs or sewell e-mail the GM at grubbs and ask if he will do an 05 at 500 over I know they sell them at 700 over all day long.
    Thanks Wibble. Lot's of info on leasing over the other forum. Wish they have a specific one for leasing deals and experience on Infiniti FX.
  • sprsnicsprsnic Member Posts: 55
    was the 45729 the out the door price or the price before taxes, lic, and reg?
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    I do not see how anybody can say for certainty what the '05s will be selling for on an everyday basis!

On the assumption that Casey is negotiating for under invoice on an '04, I too will recommend SW Infinity (I recently bought an '04 there for slightly under invoice that includes factory recommended maintenance for two years).
    To be fair, certain dealers are already taking orders on 2005 FXs at $xxx over invoice. The dealer knows what profit he's going to make but the buyer doesn't know his/her outlay. The changes on the 2005 car are fairly minimal so I'd be surprised if any increase was much more than $500 or so.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Actually there are some fixed xxx over invoice dealers that do sell cars for that all day every day. I and several others have bought cars from grubbs and if you deal directly with the GM who is a frequent poster on another web site he gives very good deals. I bought my FX35 Black/Brick with Full tech package 3 months after they were released for only a couple hundred over invoice. 40600 on an msrp of ~44300. Plus I got more for my trade than I paid for it before TTL. When I shopped in houston since it was so new nobody would deal and Grubbs got a lot of business from Houston. Since then SW and Clear Lake have become more competitive but they still usually don't have the best deals.
  • saizzzsaizzz Member Posts: 2
    Price for the car and Destination charge (before taxes, lic and reg).
  • ccapccap Member Posts: 40
    04 FX 45, MSRP approx 52400, selling to me for 48k, 39 month lease, 12k miles, 29800 residual, approx 1.9%, for $646.00 month.

I didn't even haggle with them yet. THe sales manager came up and asked what he could do and I said if I like the car, I will ocme back. He said ok and then you can beat me up on the numbers. They really want to push these cars out. Any thoughts on what I should really be getting.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Looking to pick one up in ATL as soon as they hit the lot. Looking for a RWD Liquid cooper with touring, sunroof wind detector, splash guards and cargo area protector. Hoping to pay $35000 (destination included but not tax). Is this doable or am i dreaming. Also, cant seem to configure the liquid cooper on infinitis site without the technology package. Is this package a must have with my color choice? If i must have the tech package, looking to pay $37500 (destination included but not tax). Am i dreaming again?
    At this time of year what you are looking to offer is close.
    The Liquid Copper colour requires the sport package but not the technology package.
  • gearboltgearbolt Member Posts: 2
    I am about to buy a 2004 FX35 which is also my my first car. Can someone tell what is the dealer invoice? Is it really the total cost of car dealers? I talk to one dealer and he said that no one will go below the invoice price. I remember that I read one post saying buying a 2004 FX35 $4000 below the invoice. One more. Is it worth the wait for 2005 FX35?

Sorry the questions may sound silly. But any info will be very helpful to me.
  • mister22mister22 Member Posts: 32
    Hey gearbolt,

If you would like to find the dealer invoice (ie price paid by dealer to manufacturer), you can configure your car and view the invoice cost on the Edmunds website. You see, for a dealer to stay afloat(ie make money) they will need to sell the car for more (or break even sometimes) than what the car currently (month to month) costs them. There is often lease support or cash (this is different from incentives listed only if you BUY/Finance the car) that is often unknown to the consumer. That is why Car_man rocks so much. If you saw a price of 4000 under invoice, there must be tremendous support (ie manufacturer is giving the dealer money equal to the incentive) so that the car can be sold faster. Concerning the 2004 FX35, most if not all people this time of year are getting this vehicle for a few hundred under invoice. Just search around and you'll see their experiences! Good luck.
    $1000 below invoice is reasonable at the moment. There is dealer support on the 2004 at the moment and the 2005 is due to turn up in the next few weeks. Differences between the 2004 and 2005 are mainly cosmetic so I wouldn't expect the 2005 to cost that much more than the 2004. $500 to $1000 over invoice is probably going to be the going price on the 2005 for the first couple of months.
  • gearboltgearbolt Member Posts: 2
    I am new to Infinite' cars and don't know much about its quality. But by reading the posts in this web site, I feel that the FX35 is better than 4Runner in quality. I know they do not belong to the same price level. Originally, I plan to buy a 4Runner but got attracted by FX35. My questions are 1. do you think FX35 is a reliable car after you own it? 2. is it necessary to buy the extended warranty (7 years/100000 miles)? 3. if so, what is the reasonable price for the extended warranty? I know the FX35 only come out for about 2 years (?) and probably there is no data show how reliable it is in the long run (3, 4, or 5 years later). How about the paint/interior protection package that dealers want to sell me?
    Is it necessary to have those protection that they claim? Thanks for your helps in advance.
    1. Quality appears to be very good. There have been a few problems that you are going to get with any new car design but the FX is now entering its 3rd model year.

2. It depends on how many miles you do in a year. For most folks the 4 year/60000 mile warrenty is adequate. If you do buy the extended warranty, don't pay more that $900 for it.

3. Paint protection packages are a waste of time. The only exterior add-on I would recommend would be the clear bra.
  • mrbentleymrbentley Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

I'm from the Greater Toronto Area in Canada. I'd like to know experiences on buying the FX35 with tech package in this area.

I found it hard to get near invoice on 2004's here so I ended up getting a 2005 for $1500 over invoice.

I find it interesting that the MSRP is much more here to a comparably outfitted FX in the States.
  • jpa300jpa300 Member Posts: 8
    Just got this from a dealer who has been looking for the FX35 I want. Do you guys think it's a good deal? I was thinking of telling him to add clear bra, mats and splash guards and closing the deal.

There is a 2004 FX35 AWD, copper/brick-black, premium, tech., sport. The MSRP is $44,060. I'll make things simple & easy, they will need at least $800 over invoice($39,561) to put this deal together. That would be them blowing the car out at $400 over invoice and then adding $400 to have the vehicle shipped to us.
    Just got this from a dealer who has been looking for the FX35 I want. Do you guys think it's a good deal? I was thinking of telling him to add clear bra, mats and splash guards and closing the deal.

There is a 2004 FX35 AWD, copper/brick-black, premium, tech., sport. The MSRP is $44,060. I'll make things simple & easy, they will need at least $800 over invoice($39,561) to put this deal together. That would be them blowing the car out at $400 over invoice and then adding $400 to have the vehicle shipped to us.
  • infifxinfifx Member Posts: 10
    I got a quota for $635 below invoice for a 2004FX35 AWD with touring. I am waiting for 2005.
  • pwupwu Member Posts: 1
    Hi:

I am in Greater Vancouver. I wonder where do you get your invoice number in Canadian version, I tried to search for this information, but the numbers I found are in U.S. value.

Also, what tools do you use during negotiation, I found the numbers in blue book, consumer reports, and edmunds, but dealers are pretty much firm on their MSRP, I feel powerless.

Sincerely
  • phillips9055phillips9055 Member Posts: 9
    I been going to different dealerships to look at 2004 Monteros, but recently ran up on an used 2004 FX 35. It currently has around 22K miles. The dealership has a window sticker of $35,700, but the saleman gave me the impression that they would work on the price. What should I be paying for this car? I tried to go to different sites to get an estimate, but since it is a 2004, the sites assume it is a new car (one owner). I plan to get the VIN info so I can get a Carfax report.
  • mrbentleymrbentley Member Posts: 13
    There are some sites like http://www.carcostcanada.com/en/
    that can sell you invoice pricing data.

I found out the invoice from talking to some people on another car forum. Are you interested in the 35 or 45? And tech or no tech?

DO NOT rely on American data. #1) Their MSRP is lower even with the currency conversion; #2) Their packages and even cars are different...the 35 comes in a RWD version and their tech package is different from the Canadian tech package.

I live in the Greater Toronto area and was able to get a 2005 FX35 with tech for about $2000 over invoice. Yes, you are right. There are not that many Infiniti dealerships and they are actually running out of stock in some places so they stick pretty close to MSRP.
  • socalbobsocalbob Member Posts: 23
    Used 2004 FX 35s with 20K-30K miles are going for just under $30,000 on ebay as of Sept-Oct '04. I'd expect you could get one at a dealer for around $32,000, depending on condition.

One person earlier in this thread bought one; scroll back about 3 weeks.

Check out the packages they include, though. Some are AWD and some are 2WD; some have tech (which I recommend) and some touring; you might find a sport package but I haven't seen any. Some also have Carfax and a short warranty; others are certified. Any remaining factory warranty should continue with the second and subsequent owners, but you'll want to verify this. Make sure you check the ratings for the sellers.
    Thanks a lot.

Well, I did a Carfax on the FX. It looks like it was a rental car in North Carolina, which would explain the high mileage. The dealership doesn't seem to really know if it is an AWD or a 2WD or least the salepeople don't know jack about the vehicle. This saleman went into the user's manual. I got a feeling it is a 2WD though.

Here are some features I know I saw:

Roof racks
    Factory Tint
    6 Disc CD Changer and Cassette player
    Leather seats
    Xeon headlights
    Fog lights
    Moonroof
    Bose sound system
    Telescope steering
    Power everything

I am still working on finding out how the warranty comes to play with new owners.
    It looks like a Touring package car. Are the wheels 18" or 20"? If you want an idea of the value from a pro, post all the info you can in the "Real World Trade Values" forum. Terry there will give you a retail value on it.
    Bear in mind, it's possible to get a new 2004 2wd version of this car new for around $34000 to $34500, I really wouldn't pay more than $31000 for this one.
  • goralgoral Member Posts: 145
    I'm the person who purchased one just like the one you're looking at for ~$29K + TTL. Since these vehicles depreciate pretty fast, I think you should be able to get one around $30K w/o too much trouble.
    Thanks a lot guys. That is around what I thought I should pay.
  • punjabi_sahibpunjabi_sahib Member Posts: 25
    hi guys, just wondering, whats in the tech package can someone help pleeez
    Here is everything you can get

Optional Equipment

2004 Infiniti FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Option Code Option Name and Description
    U01 Technology Package
    Includes DVD-based Infiniti Navigation System, intelligent keyless entry, intelligent cruise control, rearview monitor with camera and tire pressure monitor. REQUIRES P01.
    P01 Touring Package
    Includes leather appointed seating surfaces with multi-level heated front seats, memory system for driver's seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors, power adjustable driver's seat lumbar support, power tilt and telescopic steering wheel, heated outside mirrors, power tilt/sliding glass sunroof with one-touch open/close and safety reverse, 300-watt Bose audio system with 11 speakers, Homelink universal transceiver with rolling code capability, auto on/off headlights, steering wheel audio controls, black roof rails and cargo net. REQUIRES Brilliant Silver or Black Obsidian or Diamond Graphite or Laser Red or Golden Sand or Ivory Pearl. NOT AVAILABLE with Brick/Black.
    V01 DVD Mobile Entertainment System
    Includes Infiniti DVD mobile entertainment system which includes 7.0" flip-down screen, wireless remote control and wireless headphones. REQUIRES S01 and U01.
    W01 20-inch Chrome Wheels
    Includes 20" x 8.0" chrome wheels. REQUIRES S01.
    S01 Sport Package
    Includes 8-spoke 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels and P265/50R20 all-season tires, sport-tuned suspension, aluminum pedals and polished aluminum roof rails. REQUIRES P01.
    T93 Tow Hitch
    REQUIRES P01.
    A97 Sirius Satellite Radio
    Includes activation fee and 2 months service. Additional service subscription sold separately. REQUIRES U01.
    A96 XM Satellite Radio
    Includes activation fee and 2 months service. Additional service subscription sold separately. REQUIRES U01.
    H93-H94 Roof Rail Cross Bars
    REQUIRES P01.
    M95 Splash Guards

F94 Cargo Area Protector
    Includes water-resistant heavy-duty PVC vinyl mat, and Includes cut-outs for tie-down rings mounted in cargo floor. REQUIRES P01.
    N93 Sunroof Wind Deflector
    REQUIRES P01.
  • leslierleslier Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking at the FX 35 and really like what I have been reading. It seems like the technology package is the way to go which requires the sport/touring. I would also like the entertainment package.

1) How much can expect to pay ?
    2) is now the best time to buy?
    3) What is the best way to structure the purchase?
    4) Should I stick with the 18" wheels for the smoother ride?

Thanks for your feedback.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    1. $40k for 2004 model w/tech FX35 AWD & XM.
    2. Unless someone knows Infiniti has incentive coming.
    3. Offer directly w/lowest price in mind.
    4. Yes
    You should be able to get a FX35 for $1K under invoice without too much haggling. Just call the dealerships and negoitate with the sales/fleet manager directly over the phone. Don't even bother going to the dealership if he doesn't want to quote you over the phone.
    I've been waiting for a while and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. You may be able to negoitate a even lower price after the 05 arrives but you might not be able to get the car exactly the way you want it. I called around (SF Area) and there aren't many cars left with the interior/exterior color and the options I want.
    I'm going with the 18' wheels (most cars have the sports package) because the ride is way too harsh with the sports package. I have a 6mths old and I don't want him bouncing around in his car seat.
    After following this forum for couple of months I have finally joined the FX owner club today. Went to Frontier Infiniti in Santa Clara and everything went perfectly. I called the sales manager and negotiated the deal directly with him. Very straight forward transaction. The manager was very honest and straight forward. No come down to the dealer and I'll give you a great deal crap. Told him the car I want and the price I want it (1k under invoice) and that's it.
    I'm leasing the FX for 39mths 15k miles/year. FX35 with Tech, Touring, splash guards and cargo protector. Invoice is 39,987. Negoitiated price is 1k under at 38,987. $0 cap reduction, mthly payment before tax is 528.48
    I think this is a very good deal. If you are a repeated customer of Infiniti Financial the payment could be $10 less as the security deposit is waived.
    Thanks everyone here for the info. Special thanks to Wibble and car_man. Without your info I will not be able to negoiate with such confidence.
    "Thanks everyone here for the info. Special thanks to Wibble and car_man"

Congratulations. You're more than welcome and I'm sure you're going to love the car.
  • vickvick Member Posts: 5
    I printed out the pricing data from edmunds.com for the FX35 AWD. I am looking for the Technology package, Touring Package, not the sport package as I've read the ride is way too rough, and roof rail cross bars, splash guards, cargo protector and sunroof wind deflector. Any suggestions on what I should offer either below invoice or above invoice for this package? I live in San Luis Obispo area, but will travel to larger city for better selection and price. Thanks for any help.
    You should be able to pick one of these up in either the Bay Area or L.A./Orange County for $1000 under invoice minimum.
  • socalbobsocalbob Member Posts: 23
    I can't say enough about the tech package. The navigator is state-of-the-art birds'-eye-view and the "no key or remote" to open the doors or start the engine is great. The backup video is very helpful.

I didn't go with the sport 20" wheels because of the comments on this forum about the harsh ride.

I'm also happy about having the satellite radio installed. You get about twice the music in the same amount of time since there's no commercials and almost no chatter on the music stations. The XM has some annoying software problems, but that's discussed in another thread. I believe the Sirius units may have similar issues.
  • karabaxkarabax Member Posts: 1
    I am currently on the market to Lease an Infinity FX35. This is my first lease expirence. What would be top 5 things I should look for, when signing a lease.

thanks,

Art
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Try asking here: Lease Questions - Ask Here

tidester, host
  • leslierleslier Member Posts: 2
    how can you get it for 1000 under their cost? Are their dealer incentives on this model now?

they told me they would do it for 500 over cost.
    To: wibble - Thanks very much for your response. I'll start responding to some of the emails I've received. I'm getting quotes at the $41K mark for the FX35 AWD with the tech pkg, touring, roof rail, spalsh guards cargo protector and sunroof wind deflector. Sounds too high from what I'm ready for this package.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    The 05s are now at some dealerships in the US. I was told that LDW is included in the tech package. I was also told that the overall increase in price is about $1000. Super cheap 04s, here we come!!
    I've been receiving quotes from dealerships at $38,102 and they are including the Tech pckg, touring package, Roof Rail Cross Bars, Splash Guard, Cargo Area Protector and Sunroof Wind Deflector. Any comments on this price? If you add up the edmonds.com invoice price on all of these items on an ala carte basis, it adds up to $39,711. The $38,102 is $1,609 below Invoice. Does that sounds like a pretty good deal to you all? Thanks
    Vic, if it's really $38102 for AWD with all the packages and options you listed then it sounds like an awesome deal. I tried using Edmunds.com to price out your car and it invoice at 40301 and and not 39711. You may want to make sure the quote you got is for the AWD model and not the RWD. Good luck.
    I got mine last Saturday at 1k under invoice and I thought I got a pretty good deal....