Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• greetingsnygreetingsny Member Posts: 13
    I just closed a deal for my FX35 AWD, Touring, crossbars, splash muds for $472/mo (42 mo) with zero down for a total negotiated price of $36,468. I live in LI, NY.
  • fx35isaminefx35isamine Member Posts: 10
    Just closed the deal on an FX35 AWD '05 with Sports, Technology (with DVD) and Touring.

After pinning dealers against others I ended up with $300 over invoice and with Infiniti's lease of .0019 and 70% residual. Those looking to lease should look into the 24 mo. lease vs the 39 mo. The residual difference (61 for 39 mo and 70 for 24 mo.) does make a difference in payment.

I am in the Philadelphia area.
  • a1ace88a1ace88 Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: I recently purchased a Black/Black Infiniti FX35 2WD with touring, sport, and technology packages. I leased it for 36 months with $9000 down and 15,000 miles a year. I pay $367 a month. They threw in Lo Jack and TLC for free after some bargaining.. Did I get ripped off?
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    There are two ways to look at it. With that large of a cap cost reduction [down payment] you were able to reduce your monthly payment dramatically. The down side of that is that the $9k down does nothing to reduce the out right purchase
    price at the end of your lease. In other words. You gave the dealer about $7k in profit, on a car which maybe doesn't have $7k built in to begin with. Car man can probably explain it better. I would ask him in the leasing forum. He will tell you better than I the dangers of putting any money down on a lease. Biggest being, if your car is totaled or stolen your down payment is basically gone.
    On the upside. Do you enjoy the car? Are you happy with it? Then good job. The fx is a great ride.
  • kd270kd270 Member Posts: 23
    i got a price of 500 a month on the fx35 with the touring package. this price is for a 2 year lease with no money down its the all wheel drive. black on black....I was just wanting to know if this any good and also what should the risidual value be if the msrp on the car is 40.000... please some one reply to this thanks
  • suvindcsuvindc Member Posts: 28
    I was quoted the following by the Internet Manager at Rosenthal Infiniti in Tysons Corner, VA. I plan to lease this vehicle but did not indicate such in my email as I wanted to get the MSRP first. Is this a good deal?

2005 FX35
    Touring Package
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Area Protector
    Roof Rail Crossbars
    Free oil changes for two years
    Free service loaner during ownership of vehicle

--- MSRP is $40,180.
    Suvindc,

The dealer was giving you MSRP as the sales price? I hope you just forgot to add the price hey are selling/leasing you te car for...Regardless, run the pricing here on the Edmunds site and you'll notice invoice for your specifications (assuming your getting the AWD version) at around $37,025. If you scroll back at buying experiences on this thread, you'll notice that people were able to negotiate their respective vehicles at around $500 over invoice (Some below that and some above).

So, I would target to pay/lease the vehicle for somewhere near the $37,525 region for the package you're looking for. In my experience, it was relatively easy to get the dealers down to $300 over invoice in the greater Philadelphia region. I assume that you should be able to garner the same deal in the Tysons Corner region since it's somewhat close ( 2 hrs).

Also, make sure to specifically ask the dealer for the lease details (residual and money factor) to assure yourself that the dealer is geeting the best deal rather than some deal where they are taking profit from stuffing the money factor. Current money factors and residuals should be somewhere in the .0019 MF and 61% for 39 months and 70% for 24 months for residuals.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks, fx35isamine.

I have two quotes from two different dealers now.

Rosenthal Infiniti quoted me 40,180 MSRP and $37,000 invoice. They are willing to negotiate a reasonable lease. I'm dropping by later to discuss further (money factor, residual, etc). Can you ask for the money factor and residual over the phone?
    Options: Touring, cargo net, roof rail

Jim Coleman gave me a quote of $36,000 out the door and said it was an Internet special only. They also said they have special leases for customers in good standing.
    Options: Touring
    Not sure what they mean when they give you both the msrp and the invoice...You need to ask which specific price they will be using to compute the lease. It should be near the $37K mark.

As it relates to asking the money factor and residual over the phone....of course, those are the most important pieces of information they use to compute your lease (obviously lease duration is the other factor) and they should be able to give you that information. I have never had anyone not provide it over the phone. Chances are that Infinity Financing will have the best rate/residual at the moment. So, you should expect that to be close to the rates I stated in the post above.

As far as Jim Coleman quoting you $36,000 ...please ask for the details...make sure they are using the options you want. (ie this seems low for an FX35 with AWD and the options you stated) Perhaps they gave you the quote on a 2WD model.
    After another conversation I discovered the $36,000 quote from Rosenthal Infiniti is accurate (Touring package, FX35, AWD) but does not include taxes, tags, and registration. A woman from another Infiniti dealer called and offered me $39,000 for the same car or $41,000 for another model with 20-in chrome wheels, black/brick, sport package. Both figures include taxes, tags, etc. The latter is enticing but now I have to go back and calculate the invoice for a sport package.
  • 1dollarshort1dollarshort Member Posts: 7
    Congratulations fx35isamine on your new FX lease,

Could you please share with us miles/year and the monthly payment on your lease? Did the $300 over invoice include all fees (dealer fee, destination, etc)?

Many Thanks.
    1dollarshort,
    I am currently looking and while I haven't purchased I have found that Rosenthal Infiniti off route 7 in Tyson's Corner and Passport Infiniti in Alexandria, VA have given me the most competitive prices in my opinion. I am looking at the FX35 with touring and cargo protector.
  • kinsmankinsman Member Posts: 1
    I think you got a great deal. Can you tell me where you went?
    Passport Infiniti quoted me $42,918 for a Touring/Tech package. This price is the figure out the door (cap cost including taxes, tags, licensing fee). Is this is a good deal? It seems the quote from Rosenthal is better. I was told $40,876 with $2701.12 down ($497 a month). I'm outside the DC metro area.

Thanks.
  • kelliskellis Member Posts: 3
    Just bought FX35 AWD from Rosenthal VA.

Just bought from Rosenthal in VA

Tech Package
    Touring
    Splash Guard
    Cargo Protector
    Crossbars
    free loaner and free oil change for 3 years

+299 Processing fee
    Tax and title

What do you think of the deal
    Purchased FX35 black interior/black exterior from Passport Infiniti in Alexandria, VA. Worked with the Internet Manager... she was very professional and so was the entire team. No haggling after we agreed on price via email. She even brought the car down from Nationwide Infiniti in Timonium (over 50 miles away) since I wanted the black on black (no other dealer in my area carried black on black).

Technology package
    Touring
    Splash guards
    Cargo area protector
    2 years of free oil changes and free loaner (standard with Infiniti purchase)
    2 free car washes per month

MSRP $44,230
    Got it for $40,876 plus tags, taxes, processing fees (I added LoJack for $808 more)
    I think you got a great deal! Rosenthal was another dealer with competitive prices (and much closer to me) but they didn't carry the colors I wanted and couldn't bring it in. Nice work...
  • kelliskellis Member Posts: 3
    Did you get the extended warranty as well? I declined it, might buy it later though.
  • ksammyksammy Member Posts: 1
    Purchased FX45, Diamond Graphite with charcoal interior from Rosenthal Infiniti in Tyson's Corner, VA. Great buying experience! Worked with the Internet Sales Manager... he was very professional and extremely knowledgeable. Price quoted via email was what I received.

Premium package
    Technology package
    Chrome wheels
    Roof rail cross bars
    Splash guards
    Cargo area protector
    3 years of free oil changes and free loaner

MSRP $54,900
    Paid $50,378 plus tags, taxes, processing fee.
  • enertiaenertia Member Posts: 1
    Where did you buy your loaded FX 35? I'm in Philadelphia and thinking of the same car. Thanks
  • mick3mick3 Member Posts: 7
    Jus made a verbal agreement on an FX 35, tech and touring. Dealer would not go below $43,400 (MSRP 44,600), says he usually sells at or near MSRP since they are the only dealer in a 150 mile radius.

Ripoff?

I'm I better taking my business out of state (realizing I'll lose the life-of-vehicle valet and loaner program if I don't buy locally)?
  • snobysnoby Member Posts: 7
    So what did you pay for this outrageous vehicle? What was invoice and MSRP?
  • GischpelGischpel Member Posts: 133
    You shouldn't lose this. My FX was bought new in Charlotte and I am the second owner living in Cleveland. I always get a free loaner when needed.

$1200 under MSRP on an 05 is OK, but not great. It really depends on how much time and effort you want to invest in it to save a few more bucks.
  • darthvedadarthveda Member Posts: 14
    YESSSSS I FINALLY GOT MY FX 35!! black/black awd, touring and teck pckg! $500 under invoice! Thanks to all you guys for posting info here, it helped me make my decision! I just had a question though, does anyone here know if you can have a direct line in for an ipod on the fx?
  • djaynycdjaynyc Member Posts: 4
    I just leased an '05 FX 35 last night at Ray Catena in Edison, NJ. All I can say is that I could not have been more pleased with my buying experience. My Salesperson & his associate were impeccable in their attention to detail and professionalism (feel free to e-mail me for their names). It was the first vehicle I purchased through Ray Catena and would certainly buy from them again.

Only initial complaint was that on my first visit, I was given an outrageously high lease price and had to play games to get them to finally come down to what I believe (after much research of many makes & models) to be a very good deal.

Details:
    Beryllium/Graphite
    Sport Package
    Touring Package
    XM Radio
    Silver Crossbars
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Cover

leased for $452 per month (inclusive of taxes) with $1604.50 total out of pocket.
    I have to check my lease agreement when I get home to get you all the actual numbers. I think the sticker on the truck came out to be $42,640. Give or take a few dollars. I forgot to mention that they even courteous when I decided to switch the color from white to the Beryllium just 8 hours before I was supposed to take delivery. I originally wanted the Beryllium but there were none available when I first made my deposit several weeks ago. I saw on the dealer stock on their website that it said they had one in stock, so I called and asked if I could change it. They had already prepped the vehicle and set up my insurance, but were kind and understanding and accomodated my request. I have been driving all weekend and love the vehicle so far.
    I'll post the actual numbers off my lease agreement tonight.
    I bought mine at Infinity of Ardmore. Did not seem like it would be very hard to get it from Willow Grove or West Chester for the same $300 over invoice.
  • 1dollarshort1dollarshort Member Posts: 7
    Congratulation djaynyc on the great FX35 lease deal. Can you let me know how long is your lease term and how many miles allowed per year? I wanted to e-mail you to get the salesman's name but don't know how to do that from this forum. Any additional information is surely appreciated.
    Good luck on your new FX
    CAN you please tell me how many miles per year and how many year lease?? I think that was a great deal though besides RcAtena are known for their good reputation. can you also please tell me the name of your salesman. Iam extermely interested and have been doing research for sometime now... thanks alot.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Please do not request any information about salespeople, per our policy stated above the "post a message" box.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I tried to respond twice to your message... But both times had my message removed. Once for saying the name of my salesperson and once for offering my email address to offer further info for anyone who wanted it. I guess I can see why some of these safeguards are here, but if these posts are being monitored so closely , I am not sure why it is so difficult to offer genuine assistance to those seeking it. Anyway, if there is any way for you to send an email through this site, I'll be happy to provide you my dealers info.

Term was 39 months @ 12k per year. I was going to post the details off of my actual lease agreement, but to be honest, not sure what numbers are most important other than actual monthly payment. Let me know what figures would be helpful and I'll post em.
  • asacharasachar Member Posts: 14
    I am finally ready for an FX 35. But, not sure if this quote is great from a dealer in Richmond, the service was amazing:
    Fx35 with Touring and Tech package
    36 Month Lease/ 15,000 miles/year
    $3000 down
    $472. per month

I also called Rosenthal and Passport Infinit in Alexandria, VA. Passport says $465. I am sure I can talk the Richmond dealer down a little more. Any Feedback?? I am totally new to this!! Thanks!!
    You should put down as little money as possible. The reason for this is, if you get into an accident and the car is totalled, that money is gone.
    I have found that at the minimum you can get a dealer to sell you the car at 1% over invoice.
  • michael10michael10 Member Posts: 29
    djayhyc, can you give the money factor and residual off the contract? I contacted them via emial and got the following quote, no negotiation,
    fx35, Touring package, Tech package, splash guards, trunk mats cargo cover $800 over invoice, msrp $44380 selling price $41223 - does this sound good?
    lease numbers: 39 months 12,000 miles w/ $1580 due at signing for $504. Can I do better?
    The money factor isn't listed specifically on the contract. I will try to work the numbers and figure out what it was. The deal you are getting sounds pretty good to me. Almost the same options but you have the tecj and I have the sport package. You're sticker is a little higher due to that, but it seems roughly in line with what I paid. You could probably get them down under 500, though.
  • mgreenymgreeny Member Posts: 2
    I found this site extremely helpful in my purchase and feel obligated to post my deal and experience.

I purchased the following:
    FX35--AWD Touring package
    Cargo Protector
    Sirius satellite installed

Invoice was $37,154.00

I read the dealer usually charges about $200 additional labor for the sirius wiring, so I figured the dealer invoice cost of the vehicle giving them this fee would be around $37,354.00. I purchased at Jim Coleman in Bethesda and went into the dealership in person. On my first visit, I did not talk specific numbers and was contemplating a trade in. I decided against the trade and went back in for a second time. I offered $37,500. The salesman basically gave me a brief "we will lose money bit and there is labor on the satellite wiring" and countered with $38,000. I went to $37,700 giving them the $200 labor for the satellite. He came back with $37,800. I agreed. I am sure I could have scrounged a deal around $37,600 or maybe 37,500 if I would have walked out, but this seemed fair and I felt comfortable. The other important thing I took into consideration was that they had the car on the lot, and this was the dealer closest to my house and work, so I really wanted to purchase there. The extra $200 seemed worth it, to me, for this. Overall, I feel like it was a solid deal. Basically, $646 over invoice or $446 over invoice if you add on the labor for the satellite radio. I took the 1.9% 36/month financing and added the stupid $99 processing fee, tax, tags, title and walked out the door at $40,050.00

What do you all think?
    what would be the right # for me to put down to get approved? thanks
  • jcollum68jcollum68 Member Posts: 14
    I think you are a genius. Can you buy for for me? Then I will think the world of you!! :D
    :confuse: I just went into the infiniti dealer and my application is under review. I have a 640 fico score. What are the chances of it being approved, the dealer said that what is taking so long is that the most credit I have been approved for is $4500 (Credit cards), and now I am applying for $40,000. He will let me know tomorrow as it is going back and forth to the bank. I am a nervous wreck!! What are the chances?? Any other outside lenders with good interest rates that I should look into?? Thanks!! THIS IS A LEASE DEAL WITH $480 AS MONTHLY PAYMENT ON AN FX35, with $3000 down. He told me that 625 was cut off for lease.
    Alright, So I got declined for leasing because I do not have enough credit, but my credit is good. They are willing to finance a used FX45. 28,000 miles 2003. Premium, Tech Package, Entertainment Package. Price was $39,995 got them down to $35,000 - w/ $10,000 down = $472/month for 72 months (mainly beacause the interest is at 7% because of lack of credit. What do you think??
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    If you are seriously asking what people think, then you'd better be ready for the responses, because almost everyone here who has any expertise is going to tell you that you're buying way more vehicle than you should be. You're financing $25K for 6 years, and your payments are really high for a used vehicle.

You will obviously do what you want to do, but if you hop over to our Credit Scores and Vehicle Financing discussion, you'll get advice that could save you money and headache in the long run.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mister22mister22 Member Posts: 32
    Hey guys,

I just got an email from Southwest Infiniti in Houston. It says:

"JUST ANNOUNCED...

Memorial Day Sale on both the 2005 G35 sedan and FX35.

Only $250 over true dealer cost.

And special interest rates, too: 1.9% for 36 months or 2.9% for 48/60 months.

But hurry, the offer ends 5/31/05.
    "

Take it for what it's worth, but if you do all the calculations it seems this would be the best place to buy. They have a ton of G35's and FX35's in stock. Hope this helps.

mister22
  • pa32tl1pa32tl1 Member Posts: 13
    Hey everyone, just wanted to post my experience. Just purchased a 2005 Sapphire/Graphite, Touring, Tech, Sport, MES, flaps, cargo protector, and sunroof visor for $500 below invoice. Dealer was Ramsey Infiniti, great dealership to do business with.
  • djf500djf500 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm really close to finishing the deal on my FX35. The only thing is - I def want Sirius and the car I'm buying doesn't have it. So the dealer told me it's $750 for them to install it. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone negotiated this price down?

So when I heard the price, I said sell me the parts seperately (it has to be Nissan's parts or it doesn't integrate into the radio) and I'll have it done by a friend (for $100). The invoice price of Sirius is $345 - but my dealer came back and said - That's only if it's installed from the factory. For me to buy the kit it's 3 parts which total $573! This sounds like some serious dealer mark up to me. And online I think I found it cheaper.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Anyone else dealt with this at all?

Thanks!
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    According to Edmunds the MSRP for Sirius is $400 (Invoice is $345); I'd say that you have plenty of negotiating room.
  • djf500djf500 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks msu... but I was told that price ($345) is only if it comes that way from the factory. If the dealer needs to install it - it's supposedely more $$ for the sirius kit and they charge labor. I was curious if anyone else dealt with this - and if they did have it installed, what they paid.

I'm thinking this is some dealer racket... b/c I've heard the same thing from 3 places but it just doesn't make much sense...
  • icedogsvlicedogsvl Member Posts: 5
    I insisted on the XM in my FX and now I regret it a little...in fact, I will probably have my service moved OFF my car radio and onto one of the portables (Roady 2). When you get in on your car radio, you can not take it with you. Therefore if you want it in the house you are out of luck.

Buy the Roady 2 with the car kit and the home kit...you'll be glad you did. Sat radio is so great (whether it's XM or Sirius) you will want it in both!
  • ej1111ej1111 Member Posts: 48
    fx35 AWD (touring) msrp 40550 cap cost 37550

39 months
    15k/year

435/month only first month payment due at signing.

this was with a first offer. what do you think?

-h
    Ah that is a really really good deal...
    Are you sure just 435 down?
    Matt
  • ej1111ej1111 Member Posts: 48
    Positive, just got off the phone to confirm. this was given without any negotiation.