Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    You might have better luck posting your general questions about the FX here:

Infiniti FX45 / FX35

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• golfdude1golfdude1 Member Posts: 12
    I live in the DFW (Dallas) area. I got a quote from Grubbs Infiniti which is higher than what Edmunds stated as invoice. They told me invoice for FX-35 RWD, Touring and Tech. package is $39,364. MSRP is $43,260. Edmunds invoice for touring and tech. pkg is $38,394. They were willing to fax over the invoice for me to see. I think there has to be another invoice for consumers vs. dealers. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!!!
  • stevn1stevn1 Member Posts: 1
    I leased a 2005 FX, no money down, just 1st mo. and tags, 39 Mo., 10K yr., Touring and Tech pckg., Black/Brick @ $509 mo. (Under promotion ending 10/31)
  • harv681harv681 Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in your North Houston Infiniti contact information.
    Sorry... North Houston Infiniti is as specific as we allow on the forums...

thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• redvoodoo55redvoodoo55 Member Posts: 3
    I just worked a deal for a 05 FX35 AWD Black w/ Brick interior with Sport, Tech, and Touring pkgs. for $41,600 + tax and liscence. That is about $350 below invoice and also got the Infiniti 3.99% for 60 months financing. How would you guys rate this deal?
  • sphere99sphere99 Member Posts: 36
    I was wondering how you got the touring and tech packages but not sport? My dealer told me you had to get the sport package to get the tech package?
  • m35blurm35blur Member Posts: 3
    You do not need to order the Sport to get the Tech but you do need to buy the Touring. If the dealer told you Sport was required I suggest you find another dealer.
  • jsa23jsa23 Member Posts: 13
    I stopped by my local dealer over the weekend and was discussing the price of the 2005 FX35 when I asked him to show me the dealer invoice. He brought out a printed invoice with the dealers name and everything and the price was $32286 without the touring package. The touring package was going to cost about $2500 more and just wanted to know if the start price of $34786 is any good compared to those who've purchased this vehicle recently. I'm in socal so I guess location does make a bit of a difference.

Thanks
  • jdesmondsjdesmonds Member Posts: 1
    A leasing company told me this week that I can get a year-end lease deal on a 2005 FX35 ($485/mo., no money down, including tax), excluding 1st mo. payment and tags.

He also said that he has only 2 of them left, that they're hard to find now, and that the 2006 models are coming in February and will be more expensive to lease.

First, if I wait until Janaury (when my current lease ends), will there be 2005 models still vailable? And how much more will the 2006 models cost to lease?
  • guttapercha1guttapercha1 Member Posts: 3
    Let me know what you guys think for this lease deal.
    Infiniti FX35 AWD, Touring and tech. Black/ graphite
    MSRP 44,800
    selling price 40,700. The dealer said this was $87 above invoice.
    39 mo. lease
    residual at 57%
    $1500 down, this includes everything except DMV fees.
    monthly payment came out to be $499.
    So far, this is the best deal i've been offered. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
  • guttapercha1guttapercha1 Member Posts: 3
    Almost forgot,
    15,000 mi per year.
  • bosco4bosco4 Member Posts: 2
    I just got an internet quote for a 2005 FX35 Blk/Willow Leather w/ Tour/Sport/Tech + rail crossbars, splash grds and cargo protector in So Cal for $43.4K out of the door.

Sound good?

Thanks!!
  • mark625mark625 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Boscov,

which dealer is that? Is this for RWD or AWD deal?
    I just got my quote here:
    2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD equipped with Touring and Tech Packages with Trunk Mat and Splash Guards. MSRP is
    $43060. The dealer is offering $39,478 plus fees which is a discount of over $3500.

I am from Socal too ^_^
  • marlonsamsmarlonsams Member Posts: 20
    Guys,

I have an 03Acura TL with 4 more payments to make (389/mo).

Here's the deal I was offered:
    2005 AWD FX35, 12k, 39 mo, Touring, Splash guards, all-weather mats and wheel locks.
    Monthly payment: 445.00 (inlc. tax)
    Out of pocket: 2850.00 (incl. everything)
    The dealer takes back my Acura
    How does it sound?
  • wowfxwowfx Member Posts: 2
    Which dealership are you talking about? the offer sounds good.
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    Has anyone heard a release date for the '06?
  • wowfxwowfx Member Posts: 2
    Different dealers has different dates to offer... I seems sometimes in March now.
  • bosco4bosco4 Member Posts: 2
    I was at Mission Viejo.

I took the offer and feel pretty good about it.
  • ray18ray18 Member Posts: 5
    I just completed my FX-35 deal and am picking it up tomorrow morning. Silver AWD with Touring and Tech, splash guards, cargo cover, black roof rails. $39,600 ($1100 under invoice) + you get to finance at 1.99% or 3.99% which is really cheap money. I'm real happy with it. They only had 8 FX-35's left and this was the last silver with the Tech and Touring. Tonight I'm a 41 year-old little kid. :D Must be Christmas!!
  • mmanummanu Member Posts: 4
    Happy owner of a Silver fx35 with Touring for $3200 (including 1st month) down and 369 + tax lease payment for 39 months , 12000 miles a year.
  • mark625mark625 Member Posts: 12
    So what's is your MSRP price for this car and what is the final negotiate price? Thanks!
  • tenzotenzo Member Posts: 24
    hi guys
    i got an offer from one of my local dealers.
    05 Fx35 AWD, blk/Graphite, touring pk, sports pk, splash guard, cargo protector.

sticker price $42,110.00
    **Detail
    Base MSRP $36,600.00
    Touring Package $2900
    Sport Appearance Package $1750
    Cargo Area Protector $70
    Splash Guards $140
    Destination & Handling $650.00
    Total Configured MSRP† $42,110.00
    **Invoice
    $38,715.00 + Advertisement fee $250.00
    $38,965.00 - $1,100.00(Under invoice discount)
    $37,865.00 + $400.00(shipping Charge caz The car is in MI and I am in Chicago, IL)
    Final Price $38,265.00
    Is it sound good for you???
    Thanks
    Every few weeks I have been doing a google search to see if any new info on the '06 model has come out yet... this morning I actually found the new pricing! I have found this info on several sites, but since it has not been published on any official infiniti sites cannot swear to its accuracy.

"The 2006 FX35 is available in two models -- the FX35 RWD, with rear-wheel drive and a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $37,800; and the FX35 AWD, with an intelligent all-wheel drive system and an MSRP of $39,300."

"The FX45, with a standard 320-horsepower 4.5-liter V8 engine, new Super Wide 5-speed Automatic Transmission with Manual Shift Mode and all-wheel drive, has a MSRP of $49,750."

Can anyone confirm or refute?

If you compare the standard options between '05 & '06, it seems that everything in the '05 Touring package are now standard for '06, save the sunroof and auto on-off headlights. Now std are leather, heated seats, seat memory, tilt/telescope steering wheel, heated outside mirrors, Bose stereo, and if you don't get the nav, the display screen is now color.

If you do the math, the price increase seems (to me) in line for all of the options that are now standard.
  • miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    No! That's not a good price. It's an 05, it should atleast be $2000 below invoice. Don't pay the advertisemtn fee $250.00 (junk fee). They don't have the right to make a profit on leftover vehicle because they need to get rid of it(fast).

• shopper06shopper06 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    I am trying to decide which is the better deal. Here are the terms of the 2 deals:

Tax & License: $2,934

Purchase used 2005 with 16,000 miles (60 month term):
    Offer Price: $30,995
    Interest Rate (my credit union): 5.75%
    Estimated Payment: $510
    Is it possible to negotiate this price for $31K OTD?

-OR-

Lease new 2005(36 month term):
    MSRP: $38,500
    Money factor: .00084
    Cap Cost: $34,197
    (My) Estimated Payment: $471.81
    What am I missing with the lease? This would be my first...

I would like to push the envelope for the lowest purchase price possible, and to get what I want for my trade (At least $12K for a 2001 Chevy Tahoe-93K miles). Any suggestions would be great.
  • dcfx35dcfx35 Member Posts: 2
    I bought an FX 35 with Tech, Touring, XM Radio,cargo protector, splash guards, in silver for $39,612 plus tax and tags (incl. $325 destination - note that this charge apparently is negotiable - and $50 processing fee from JBA in Ellicott City (near Baltimore, MD).

My reccommendation: comparison shop via e-mail. I sent out a dozen or so inquiries and received a couple of pretty good offers. One dealer (Sheehy of Annapolis) sent great quotes, but when we started to negotiate price, wanted to charge another $700 to get the car to me from South Carolina.
    My company also offers the VPP, but it turned out that the dealers cannot negotiate if you give them your VPP number and the quotes I received with the VPP discount were not as good as what I ended up paying without using it.
    Apparently, there is a $1500 (one dealer said $1000) dealer cash incentive going on now.
    Overall, it was a great experince shopping online and over the phone and not stepping foot (=wasting time) into a single dealership until ten minutes before I signed the paperwork.
    Wanted to pass this along to the Forum.
  • muttballmuttball Member Posts: 1
    I went out the 2006 Detroit auto show last weekend to look at the 06 Infiniti fx35. I would say the interior has improved with the change of the audio controls and the armrest change. I was disappointed to see that the new FX did not have a true push button start. And after speaking with a company rep they have told me that the 2006 will be in the showrooms in February. I have access to the VPP plan but it sound like you could get a better deal with out it. I am looking to buy a FX35 some time this spring. Any advice on purchasing a new FX?
  • dcfx35dcfx35 Member Posts: 2
    I was told by two dealers that once you tell them that you are a VPP buyer, they are not allowed to negotiate with you as per Nissan's company policy. This could work in your favor if you are pretty sure that you cannot get a below dealer invoice price or simply do not want to bother to negotiate. In my case, since I was planning on buying an '05 and thought that an under dealer invoice price was realistic, I chose to take a chance and negotiate rather than mention the VPP. Worked for me. VPP can always be your fall-back, since once you asked for a quote you know that this offer price will remain there for you in case you cannot get anything better. I would suggest to get a VPP quote from a dealer you are not planning on buying from, and then to comparision shop online. Hope this helps.
  • mmstudiommstudio Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 05 FX35 Touring, XM, Splash Guards, Roof Rack and Cargo Protector. MSRP: 40960(incl. destination charge). Invoice: 37444. Got it for around 1000 under invoice (Processing fee included). Plus the dealer offers free scheduled service for 2yr/30k miles, one free detailing every year and free oil change for life time. The dealer is Infiniti of Chantilly, VA. Very nice ppl to work with. Only took me 5 mins to negotiate and less than 1 hr to do all the paperwork. This is my best experience ever in a dealership.
  • lame_lexuslame_lexus Member Posts: 2
    I think I have one dealer in Southern CA, thinking about invoice $35,400 on an 06/fx35 rearwheel...

Anyone gotten a better deal yet?
  • lame_lexuslame_lexus Member Posts: 2
    They've been selling them for a couple of weeks in southern
    CA....
  • miller14miller14 Member Posts: 9
    I just negotiated a deal over the phone for a 2005 FX35 RWD. It has the touring package, roof bars and splash guards. Here is the deal:

MSRP: $38,990
    Selling Price: Believe it or not I am not sure (I was told it is under invoice)
    Terms: 39 month, 15K miles/year
    Nothing Down except first month's payment
    Monthly payment: $454 a month (including tax)

My husband finalizes the deal tonight, so a response as to whether this is a good deal would be appreciated asap! Thanks in advance....
  • remove4riverremove4river Member Posts: 1
    $35,400 for a RWD could be a good deal but remember with tax and license (about 10% in CA) it will be close to $40K. I guess it really depends what features you got on it. IF you got it with the navigation system then yes it would be a great deal but otherwise it is just an average deal. What was the sticker price on this particular model?
  • empirepdempirepd Member Posts: 1
    How do you get VPP pricing?
  • fxdudefxdude Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2006 FX35. I basically got 3% off sticker on the unit (and I negotiated a little more on my trade-in). I first tried a dealer out of state when I was travelling on business, and they told me they were only selling at sticker when the 2006's were coming in in about a month. They were not intereested in negotiating a discount before the cars were to arrive. I needed to buy a car right away so I am happy with my lousy 3% off sticker. Maybe you guys will do better? I beleive that the end of March is the Infiniti fiscal year end so that may be a good time to buy.
  • wantanewonewantanewone Member Posts: 2
    A dealer with vehicles in stock has offered me $500 off MSRP under the "Costco" buying program. Is that the best I'm going to find in the next month or so? I mean they've got $4100 of profit built into the MSRP, and that's not even counting the holdbacks and incentives! Ouch!
  • mattjpmattjp Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2005 FX35 that had been an executive demo (i.e., not titled, considered new for warranty purposes), with 5500 miles on it, still perfect condition. AWD, Tech + Touring, Diamond Graphite/Graphite -- paid $35,100 + TTL (MSRP of just under $45,000).
  • jtstitzerjtstitzer Member Posts: 4
    That's a great price. I am in the middle of negotiating for the same, a new'05 FX35 AWD Tech, Touring, in Brilliant Silver the lowest they will go is $37,352, MSRP is 45,520. They are giving me $3200 under invoice.
  • cedwardscedwards Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a great price to me. What dealership did you buy from? I got a price for $34,900 for just AWD and touring. Any suggestions on what I should be paying for a 2005 at this point would be helpful. Are there dealer incentives for the 2005 models?
    I took the plunge on the price I mentioned above. I went to two dealerships and they were both offering $3200 below invoice on the 2005 models.

The invoice on my new 2005 FX35 AWD with tech, touring, splash guard, & cargo area protect was $40,512. They would not budge on their price of $37,352. I really wanted AWD, tech, and touring and this was the only dealership within a 50 mile radius that had it.

In CA there are very few AWDs left. So I had to take it at this price. Overall still a very good price.

I have read that Infiniti's fiscal year ends in March so if you can hold out that long you maybe able to get a better deal. Even if you hold out until later this month would be a slight difference.

Good luck.
  • cedwardscedwards Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the help. What dealership did you buy from in California? Should I get the 18" or 20" wheels, I live in Cincinnati area and we get snow in the winter. Heard the 18's do better in the snow. Would they also take 3200 off invoice for one with just the touring package?
    I'd price a set of 20" tires... that should make up your mind for you...

They look nice.. but that is the only advantage..

Nice winter in Cincinnati this year, though... not many potholes...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Cedwards,

I was in contact with Thousand Oaks infiniti first when they gave me the price of $3200 off invoice. I then emailed other dealerships and told them what I was looking for and that Thousand Oaks was giving me $3200 off invoice. Costa Mesa emailed back and gave me $3200 off invoice. They emailed me the MSRP and their invoice, Costa Mesa was very straight forward with me and I had a pleasant experience with them. I would think that they would give $3200 off just touring as well. They need to get rid of their old stock. I also heard that 18's do better in the snow.
  • ebuchholtzebuchholtz Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased '06 FX35 with touring package. Paid $37,000
    including all dealer charges. Very pleased, think I did okay. Purchased in Clearwater, Florida.
    ebuchholtz, Do you mind if I ask what % over invoice or % under MSRP did that turn out to be (not including tax and tags)?

much appreciated!
    audreym
    audreym,
    Invoice was $36,555. So I guess that would be about 1% over invoice, if my math is correct. Hope this helps. Love the car, rides beautifully. The dealings with the dealer were pleasant, just had to stick to my guns.
  • aveghteaveghte Member Posts: 68
    The vehicle was RWD only, right? Did you compare RWD and AWD options? Does the RWD show better acceleration and any difference in handling?
    Yes, it is RWD. Since I live in Florida and don't do much off road driving, felt the RWD was just fine. It supposedly gives a little better gas mileage and acceleraton.
  • rokum17rokum17 Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone know if the incentives on 2005 FX are carried over from February to March?