Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    i'm looking for a new or recently used f150's and having a hard time getting accurate pricing..was shown $6500 off including rebate on a new fx4, have seen $8500 off a new king ranch on ebay...but i have no idea where these trade and think those numbers aren't close to the mark. i'm seeing a few really, really good used prices, just not yet in my area.
  • cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    thought it is a reasonable deal. first, the truck is absolutely as new, not a ding or scratch anywhere...loaded f150 fx4, 7500 miles, leather, rear sensors, leather cap's chairs, upgraded audio, factory bedliner, tow pkg, power rear window and pedals...everything but sunroof. original sticker was $40k+, paid $26k...i had tracked down an almost indentical truck (lariat version) and the price was about the same, but the seller was a flake and i bought this instead from a really nice couple who just had a child. i couldn't get anywhere on a new one with my local dealers, no sense of needing to sell inventory.
  • gmhellmangmhellman Member Posts: 121
    The dealer in a town about 1 hour from me has 2006 Extended Cab 4x4 pickups for 21,740.00 These have never been driven or sold. Is this really how bad the times have gotten for Ford? The original sticket was for 31,800. I am seriously considering trading my car in for one of these pickups. Let me know the prices that you are hearing from your dealers.
  • mrjjgittesmrjjgittes Member Posts: 156
    Are they XLTs? If so, that is a good price. I have seen a few crew cab 4x4 ads for just under $25k, and supercabs 4x4 xlt for just under $24k, but never under $22k. Agaian, if the ones you are seeing are XLT models, and particularly if the have the bigger v-8 and a tow package, that would be the best price I have seen.
  • mikelorimikelori Member Posts: 1
    There are two Ford dealers in my area of Southern Oregon. I had purchased 3 trucks from one of them over the last 8 years and wanted to buy another one. They found a truck I was interested in, a 2006 F150 Supercrew 4x4, loaded. MSRP was aprox. $42,000. Dealer invoice on Edmunds was aprox. $37,000. I offered $500 over dealer invoice minus the $4500 rebate. Plus I had a 2002 Supercrew I wanted to trade in for $14,000. Dealer wouldn't budge off of the MSRP.

So I went to the other dealer. They located the exact same truck. I made the exact same offer and they accepted it. Plus I had received a $750 coupon which was added to the $4500 rebate. The sales price was just over $32,000. Almost $10,000 off MSRP. Needless to say I'm a satisfied buyer.
  • parkyparky Member Posts: 20
    Just purchased 12/2/06 a super clean 05 F150 FX4 Super cab, 9300 miles, blk leather interior, grey ext, rear sensors, leather cap's chairs, pwr driver seat, upgraded audio 6cd chgr, rhino bedliner, tow pkg, rear defroster, sunroof, running boards, 18" wheels for $24,500 from private seller.
  • sadlfjlkjdsfsadlfjlkjdsf Member Posts: 1
    I found this board useful, thanks.

I spent a boat load of time researching as this the first new car I have purchased.

There is no need to purchase the consumer reports new car buying guide, edmunds offers the same information for free... my mistake.

I purchased a new 2006 4x4 f-150 lariat super cab:
    MSRP approx. 39,500
    Invoice approx. 35,350
    Sale Price 29,450

$100 over invoice after rebates. I could not get them any lower on the "relation to invoice" price and they were unwilling to dip into the dealer hold back.

** Make sure to check the regional manufacturer to dealer rebates, they held out on that one until I indicated I knew about it **

I had negotiated in AZ to invoice price , half of the dealer hold back plus rebates on a XLT Super Crew.

As far as competition, I had a tough choice between the Ford and the Titan... definitely worth a test drive.
  • soapsoap Member Posts: 17
    Just purchased a new 2006 F-150. See below for the details. I hope this helps the shoppers...

2006 F-150 4X4 Supercrew
    FX4 139" Wheelbase styleside
    5.4L FFV V8 Engine

MSRP: $38,675.00

After X-Plan pricing and negotiating on the rebates and discounts I got down to the final sale price of $26,500 before TT&L
  • cmms1cmms1 Member Posts: 14
    Soap, what dealer did you purchase this from?
    Southern Ford right outside of Houston. Let me know if you need any othe information...
  • mrjjgittesmrjjgittes Member Posts: 156
    In SoCal I see ads for FX4 supercrews for about what you paid. Its a good price, and a lot of truck for the $. If I was in the market for a pickup, I'd find it hard to justify spending $10-15k more for one of those new silverados.
  • codaman33codaman33 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, soap, I live in Houston, and I would love help from you in buying. You are a true wizard at getting a good deal. Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't know about a true wizard. Your going to get your best deal on a 2006 model if you can find one with the options you want. Dealers will be looking to move these off the lots. I spend my week searching online at all the local dealers in my area for trucks that I want. Then Sunday when they are closed I go scout out all the dealerships and see which trucks are truly still on the lots. Once you know the truck is there go to www.nada.com and configure that exact truck with options to find your invoice price. That is usually the target you are going for. However, if they have current dealer discounts and rebates going on you want to figure those into your price. Basically have a realistic number that you want to pay when you walk in and don't budge. Don't be cocky or anything just let them know you are ready to buy right now for this price etc... I hope this helps you in your quest for a new vehicle.
  • jjmcmahonjjmcmahon Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a new 2007 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew.

Options...
    5.4 L engine
    Towing package
    Adjustable pedals
    Black platform running boards
    Electronic shift on the fly
    sliding rear window
    Fog lamps
    Keyless entry
    35.7 gal fuel tank
    Prem cloth captains chairs
    Sat radio (6-months)

MSRP: $33,340
    Price Paid before tax + trade-in: $26,661
    Dealer: Scarsdale Ford, Scarsdale, NY)

Price paid included $3000 factory rebate and additional $1000 invitational rebate direct from Ford Motor Co. The Ford invitation to take an additional $1000 off the best deal I could arrange came in the mail to my home. It seems to have been precipitated by my exploration of F-150's at Ford.com and may also reflect that I was a current Ford owner (Taurus) before purchasing the truck. Hope this is helpful.
  • jjmcmahonjjmcmahon Member Posts: 2
    CORRECTION: that was a new 2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercab, not Supecrew.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A local U.S. newspaper is looking to interview buyers who recently purchased a half-ton truck and understand what factors you considered before making your purchase. If you are interested in being interviewed, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, February 6, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.
  • hippy2hippy2 Member Posts: 1
    I also live in Phx Az. What dealership was that, that you dealt with? I have found Sanderson Ford so far to be the best in beating there competition on various models.
  • schleebschleeb Member Posts: 3
    Washgington State:
    I bought a new 2006 4x4 Extended Cab F-150 for $23,900 a few days after Christmas on the X-plan.

5.4L V8, Tow Pkg, Sliding Rear Window, 6 Disc/MP3, adjustable pedals.

I am happy with it. But I did have the wobble that everyone is talking about. Took it back to the dealer after 750 miles to balance the tire, and they said they couldn't balance them they were so bad. So they got me 4 new ones and no problems since. They are the "General Ameritrac" tires.
  • tcopetcope Member Posts: 1
    Wondering if this was in "okay" price. I know it's not a great deal. I don't mind if told it was not a good deal:

2006 F150 FX with 9,700 miles (used)
    5.4 flex Fuel Engine
    20" Aluminum Wheels
    3.73 limited slip axle
    Towing package
    Audiophile package
    6-disc CD changer
    Chrome Step bar
    Power sliding rear window
    Overhead Rail Bin
    FX4 Luxury Package
    Power Pedals
    Heated side mirrors
    A\Electronic temp controls
    Heated and powered drivers and pass seats
    Leather trim captains chairs

Basically I paid $28,627 but I traded in a vehicle that was worth $800-$1000 (not including the fact that it leaked water from the radiator into the engine and water needed to be added every other day) and they "gave" me $2000. So I would say I paid about $27,627 for the truck.

Sticker Price when new: $39,865.00

Edmonds Listing (as "clean" but truck was _perfect_)
    Dealer Trade in: $27,397
    Dealer Retail: $32,084
  • parkyparky Member Posts: 20
    I dont think that's a bad deal. I paid $25K for an 05 w/ 10K miles. Were heated seats an option in 06, not avail in 05. The only option I did not get were the power pedals. However, in addition my truck had power moon roof and backup sensors.

Also, purch from a private owner, and saved on the conveyance fee $120-$350.

Enjoy your truck!! Hopefully, you dont have to fill up the tank that much. Oh, use cruise control as much as possible, for some fuel savings. I have varied 1/2 hwy 1/2 rual at 13-15.5 in New England.
    I don't know man, I have a post somewhere in this thread I believe on what I paid. I bought a 2006 FX4 Screw on Jan 1st. sticker was something like $38,500 or so and I paid $26,500 before TT&L with no trade-in. This was a brand new vehicle with 12miles on the odometer.
  • tammym71tammym71 Member Posts: 1
    I have 2006 f 150 supercrew GTR. I love my truck but I cant keep it. when I got it I traded in a 2mth old dodge durango I paid cash for 33,000 they gave me 25,000 trade in I put another 5,000 down got the gap extra wrnty. my payments are 425.00 a month I cant pay that anymore so I go to trade my truck in, granted I owe 24,000 still om my truck they only wanted to give me 21,000 then they said well we will give u 24,000 what I owe so in other words, I can just give them my truck and get nothing out of it. Am I going to be able to trade it in anywhere? Exlt condition 5950mls -I think Im going to get Screwed out of everything. The Gtr pckge was 10,000 and the truck was 35,000 and I cant believe they offered me the 24,000 only I dont know what to do
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    If you can't make the payment, you don't have many choices... As you found out from your Durango, trading newer cars is expensive...

If the dealer will give you enough to pay off your loan, you should probably take it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

$10,000 for a GTR package? What was that rims and a body kit for 10K? Ouch!! Your best bet is to sell privately. Forget about trading that in.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    sorry to say it, but you're learning the hard way.

You're a salesman's dream :shades:

But you've come to the right place (Edmunds) to learn what to avoid in the future.

good luck.
  • eclaixpeclaixp Member Posts: 46
    Hi,

I am considering purchasing a 04 F-150 SuperCab FX4 with 41000 miles from a private seller. The seller might be willing to let it go for $17000. Is this a good deal? It's supposed to be in great cosmetic and mechanical condition. It has leather seats, 6 CD changer, Spray in Bed Liner, Tow Hitch, and don't know what else. Are there any known issues for this year and type of truck? Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    issues with the '04 FX F150?

oh yea

you will find allot of compaints in the 'problem' forum for the 4x4 version of the F150 2004 and newer. Best to make sure there is no vibration coming from the rear of the truck/transmision.
  • newtoidahonewtoidaho Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 1995 Ford F250 Styleside XL H/D SuperCab 4x4, with the 460v8. It has 114,000 miles and they're asking $5,800. Is this a good deal? It looks to be right a blue-book, but what kind of problems can I expect to find on this truck with this many miles? Any other user experiences with a similar truck? Thanks!
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    Soap what part of Idaho are you in? I was born and raised in the Pan Handle.

The biggest problem you will have with a F250 4X4 with a 460 in it is getting by many gas stations. :D
    Not sure what post you read, but I live in Houston, Texas not Idaho. And I have the F-150 not F250 with a 5.4L V8. I'm actually thinking about trading it in today on a car due to gas mileage.
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    My bad you were replying to "Newtoidaho"
  • tampa2tampa2 Member Posts: 18
    Dear Forum:

I am looking at an F150, 2006 with 16,500 miles, second owner. It's a 4X2, sliding rear window, tow package, sun roof, no NAV, no supercharger or other options. The guy is asking 26.5K, private party. Does anybody know what a fair price for this vehicle might be? What about trade in value? We are both in Florida. I've heard black book/trade in value is somewhere between 20-23K.

Thanks!

Tampa2
  • rwarrencfprwarrencfp Member Posts: 15
    Has the recent Fed rate cut affected Ford interest rates? Does anyone have the rates for 60 month and 72 month loans through Ford for Tier 0 credit?
  • diehardforddiehardford Member Posts: 50
    Try going to www.kellybluebook.com. It will give you trade in private party and retail prices for the vehicle you are looking at.
  • chris89cchris89c Member Posts: 1
    I am getting a price of about $30100 + TTL. With 0% 60 month finance. MSRP $33100. Is this good with the financing?
    Chis:

I bought a 2007 Harley Davidson in December with the saleen package, discounted it about 7K off MSRP and they RARELY move off those vehicles. I'd look at invoice for your truck as the starting point, then subtract the rebates or choose the financing option. Based on what I remember the invoice of that truck is likely lower than 30K, given a 33K MSRP. I'd suggest invoice is likely about 28K. Nobody's buying trucks right now and Ford is hurting, plus the 2009's come out in 6 months with a redesign of the F150. I guess what I'm saying is you can get a better deal, at least invoice minus the rebates or taking the 0% APR. You can probably get better than that if you are willing to walk away/shop around.

Good luck!

Tampa2
  • rwarrencfprwarrencfp Member Posts: 15
    Just picked up my new truck in Las Vegas at Gaudin Ford.

2007 F-150 Lariat 4x2 Super Cab 6-1/2' Bed.
    NAV, sunroof, Sirius radio, Audiophile, trailer tow, reverse sensing, pwr pedals, leather captains chairs, traction control, pwr rear window, two-tone paint (Bright Red/Pueblo Gold).

Here is the breakdown of the deal:

MSRP: $36,285
    Invoice: 33,074
    My Price: 32,000
    Rebates: 8,000 (Ford $5500 + 1000 FMCC + 1500 RCL Loyalty)

Out the door: $24,000 + tax & tags

:)
  • jmarcinkojmarcinko Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking of special building a 2008F150XL.MSRP is $22300 do you think asking $7000 off of MSRP is reasonable?If not how much can I try to get off?
  • lab88lab88 Member Posts: 24
    We're being offered a new 2007 4x4 F150 XLT supercrew for $23,500. The sticker is $32,153. I know it's a lot off the sticker, but these trucks obviously aren't moving. Is this the best deal we can get?
  • ricks01ricks01 Member Posts: 1
    Hi warren, I'm in the market to buy a truck, and I was wondering how you got those rebates? can you shere some tips? thanks.
    Lab88:

The only way to know a "good deal" is to shop around, check prices, and be willing to make a deal. The elusive "best deal" is all up to the customer and their requirements. If you are basing your "best deal" solely on price, then shopping based only on price is your best bet. Shoot a bunch of e-mails out, call the internet managers, and tell them you will buy the truck today at what you consider to be the "best price". I think all the trucks are priced pretty well right now, that's why I chose to buy one in December of 07. 9K off sticker is pretty good considering the sticker is only 32, that's about 30% off. If you want to get lower, show up with your checkbook and offer them 1500 off that price. You'd be surprised what happens when you pull out your wallet, prices can sometimes go down even further.

Good luck!

Tampa2
    Warren:

The rebates are posted all over the net, including on this site. I signed up for consumer reports car service and that was pretty decent. It's basically the same information you can get from Edmunds plus they give you the dealer holdback (I could not find dealer holdback on Edmunds site). The 2009 F150's come out soon, so they are already dealing on 2008's, lots of rebates and incentives there. If you have a 2007 you like you should be able to get it for 2-3K less than the 08, otherwise your better off going with an 08.

Good luck!

Tampa2
  • dbweaverdbweaver Member Posts: 88
    I special ordered my F250 4x4 with the 6.4 liter deisel, camper package, towing mirrors,tilt,cruise and air conditioning nothing else. The msrp on the sticker said $34,935.00. I drove away with it for $30,022.00. 2.9% APR for 60 months. I wander how much they still made off of me. I feel like I got a pretty good deal though. What do you guys think?
    Thanks,
    David
  • rach_in_warach_in_wa Member Posts: 10
    We got a great deal on our F150 with discount package, rebates and x-plan at end of March:

$26435 MSRP
    -2000 SXT Discount
    21683 Z-Plan Price
    -3000 Rebate
    -1000 FMCC rebate
    -500 Retiree Bonus rebate
    -500 Because I asked what else since was end of month
    $16683 OTD

$650.50 3.25% Sales tax, plus tax, title and tags in OK.

Ford jams you on the interest rate if you go with them. I've got 800 FICO and still got socked with 8.99% rate for 60 mo. I refied with my credit union last week for 4% for 60 months. Come out ahead taking that rebate though....They're stupid to think people won't refi.....

Great truck for the money. :)
    where does Ford get off charging 8.99% interest in today's market?

also, your deal really shows just how rediculous MSRP and Ford pricing in general is in the real world. It's like the dealer saying jump through this hoop, duck and crawl over there and then slide down that tube and swim back and jump over a fence to see what price you get -

I had to do some of the same stuff when I bought mine - $500 of the deal was predicated that I had a contractors license which made me scramble for a bogus piece of paper to finish the deal.

I mean $26,000 for a regular cab F-150? Who set that as an MSRP?
  • grosloupgrosloup Member Posts: 239
    I just saw a commercial on T.V. this afternoon. In the town of Hull, (province of Quebec) Canada. If you buy a Ford F-150 in stock and you finance it 100% you get the choice between a A.T.V. 500 cc or a 500 cc motorcycle as a "free gift". For a plain F-150 it comes to 588.00$ (can.) / month for 60 months. You kind of pay for your "free gift"
  • asylum575asylum575 Member Posts: 72
    In NY, they are advertising employee pricing on Ford F series.
    I believe this is a national advertising campaign - I see the employee pricing ads here in California as well.

FYI: Employee pricing is deceptive. It certianly isn't lower than what you could get with some well guided negiations or even better than when they offer something like $10k below MSRP which is common on some of the pricier SUV's on the market.

To think that the public can get their cars for the same cost as the employees of Ford, which they can, just shows how worthless employee pricing is to the employees of Ford. It isn't worth much more to the public either.
  • goblue1279goblue1279 Member Posts: 6
    Your very wrong on that. Its not xplan pricing its A-plan. Which unless your looking at a truck during model year change over you can't pay that price for it! Your saving at least $1000 off what you can negotiate. Now with that said the prices are not a whole lot better than last month with higher rebates, but your advantage comes on the tax side. You pay taxes on rebates not on discounts so your acutally saving more money than you think! But to say employee pricing is deceptive, you have the wrong information.
    GoBlue and Others:

A-Plan and X-Plan are great programs, but you can do better now. I bought my F-150 Harley Davidson with Saleen package, very rare truck they don't offer X-plan on usually, for X-Plan less about 3K. Yes, X-plan minus about 3K. This was back in December, I have the invoice to prove it. How did I do it? Well, they weren't selling many trucks back then, and they still aren't. I had a trade and I knew what the value on the trade was. I showed up with my checkbook and told them I'd give them XX cash and my truck for the Harley. After about 5 minutes of "we can do this for this price per month" I made out a check for the XX price ($30k), then put my keys on the counter and told the guy to see the GM, he had 3 minutes or I was gone. We made the deal, it took 3 minutes, and they wanted to do it X-plan because they made more money that way, or lost less that way, depending on your perspective (they get money back somehow for that plan, not sure how it works). They gave me more for my truck than it was worth, plus they subtracted an additional 2k from X-plan. I don't know how they did it and I sure didn't care. I had tried this tactic with 2 other dealers and had to leave without the truck. The 3rd time was the charm. If you have cash or great credit then you can make all kinds of deals happen. If you have a hard time getting money then you're going to pay more. It's just my 2 cents. This is my 3rd F150 and I love them.

Tampa2