Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• riserriser Member Posts: 10
    One reason is that 20- 22" aluminum wheels are subject to more damage offroad. I'm not speaking of climbing mountains; just wandering a little offroad or down real bumpy roads. The bigger wheel (because it's aluminum), in my opinion, appears easier to damage. My driving includes many rough W. Tex roads, no mountains, but lots of creeks and ravines. Not playing or mudding, but working or hunting.

I wanted the plush Ford Platinim but ended with Toyota's Tundra Luchese and four wheel drive. BTW, it comes with 18" steel wheels.
  • riserriser Member Posts: 10
    You were close to being right. I apologize for the attempt at making specious claims and for the smart mouth remark in my earlier reply. I was just really frustrated with the whole process, as I always get when trying to buy a vehicle. I don't like any part of the dealing with salespeople. And then it really distrubed me when I drove that Platinum truck home to show my wife and the fold down seat in back broke and wouldn't fall back down. Then the whole tire/nitrogen and no gas cap thing kept bothering me, too. I finally went with a Toyota Luchese, paid more for it, but the entire sales process was absolutely painless, the salesman was polite, didn't lie about anything, and everything on the truck still works! So if I'm making a claim here, it's one I'm not ashamed of making, believe me.
  • concreteman1concreteman1 Member Posts: 11
    bought a2008 lariat f-350 with14000 miles this was a good deal,i think paid 31000.00 with full of extra's,dvd moon roof, nav,power windows etc......... love this truck!!!!
  • jvosjvos Member Posts: 91
    riser -

Enjoy your tundra. While you worry about things like tire size, nitrogen and gas caps you settled for a 'truck' that isn't even a fully boxed frame. The tundra has a good motor, but when you look at true truck comparisons - pickuptrucks.com, popular mechanics, etc - the tundra typically finishes 5th while the f150 always finishes 1st. My Platinum is the sixth truck I've owned and having just passed 9,000 miles, I can also tell you its the best. But I have different criteria.

One thing about the Japanese vehicles - they only offer a few versions. With the F-150 there are something like 100,000 possible configurations - so it can be confusing. It sounds like that was ultimately a key to your decision.
  • rjr2565rjr2565 Member Posts: 27
    I'm in the market for a new truck and have narrowed it down to 09 Ford Super Crew 4WD 5.5 Bed XLT and tow package. This one has the 4.6L 3V engine. The List is $35,785. What kind of price should I be looking for. The other question I have is what kind of gas mileage for highway driving could I expect from the 4.6L or the 5.4L.
    Thanks for any info you could give me
    RJR2565
  • murphcoairmurphcoair Member Posts: 8
    I just picked it up at Syosset Ford in NY , Silver with black leather interior, 20 inch pirelli scorpions, 6 cd, sync, chrome running boards. I love it . Rides like a car.
    ( I'am use to F250'S) .

41,490 msrp. less 750.00 Sync & Captains chair credit, Sell price was 37,145. less the 2500 from Ford. + TTR .

They gave me 15,000. for my 2005 F250 ,it was in good condition, the interior was a little rough , but those cloth seats are hard to keep clean.
  • aggie76aggie76 Member Posts: 266
    I have an '09 King Ranch and just did a long trip and averaged 18.1 mpg on highway over 400 miles at an average of 68 mph per the trip computer with the 5.4L engine. Only 1,000 miles on the truck so hope to see a bit more once engine gets broken in. But of course, I didn't buy it for the mpg and neither should anyone else.
  • redwing_alredwing_al Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm interested in this truck: http://tiny.cc/qwf8A

This dealer is a credit union who keeps the nice vehicles that get returned from a lease. In some cases the vehicles have been leased twice...

My question is, what should I offer them for it? Here is my rationale.

1. the truck has likely been paid for once by the guy who was "fleased" by the lease

2. These vehicles will eventually be sold at auction if the credit union does not sell them

3. These trucks have been depreciated... this one by 5 years...

So, what should I offer? What would a truck like this fetch at an auction in Michigan? Do I have any leverage with the bank if I ask them to look at the books and see just what they need to get for it to pay off the residual value?

I am looking for some help. I need a truck, dont want to buy new, but want some negotiating power wiht the bank who owns it..

Please reply especially those with this kind of experieince either negotitating to buy or on the banking side of the sales business..

THANKS
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Hi... I replied to this post in the Lease Questions forum, but to add something...

If you are interested in the auction value of the vehicle, post a description in
    Real-World Trade-In Values

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• amagneramagner Member Posts: 1
    The current 2009 f-150 incentives expire on 10/05. Does Ford normally run better incentives on the current model year as the end of the year gets closer?
  • jguzjguz Member Posts: 2
    In short I got a 2009 Lariat Supercrew Shortbed, two tone, captain chairs, navi, sony, running boards, etc...
    Sticker MSRP=$45300
    Edmunds Inv = $39500
    Price Paid = $34200 (includes ford -$4500)

I think I good deal, but trying to make my buyers remorse feel better. I get the truck on Thursday. I know I will feel better then : )
    too bad you didn't buy a GM.. they'll let you return it after 30 days...

"If you live for having it all, what you have is never enough; “enough” is like the horizon − always receding. "

if you can afford the truck great, but if you can't you'll soon find that keeping up with neighbors and friends will make you broke like they are. Good luck. it's a helluva commitment if you didnt put a lot down...
    Here is a good quote I read today"

You drive the car, the $40,000 car around the corner, and park it and instantly the thrill goes away. You find it’s a waste of money. And no matter how big your house is, you can only sit your [non-permissible content removed] in one seat at a time."

just trying to help you back out of the deal before you make a mistake, that's all. :cry:
  • jguzjguz Member Posts: 2
    By me saying "buyers remorse" I think I left that open to interpretation. I am a person that runs numbers forwards, backwards, and upside down. In the end I got a price that was invoice - all ford incentives. So if my homework serves me as it should, the dealers profit was the holdback. I just have not found a real good website to compare deals too. I guess that is what Edmunds TMV is for and I got it for $1K under that. I was just looking for comfirmation that it was a good or so so deal or I got ripped a new one : )

I have very good well thought out reasons for everything that came on the truck. I am getting $6K for a 2002 dodge ram that is falling apart. It is not a matter of affording it either, but I don't have nice vehicles just because I carelessly throw my money around.

Just got 3.69% financing so it just keeps getting better.

Thanks for the look outs.
  • tampa2tampa2 Member Posts: 18
    I bought my F150 almost 2 years ago and still subscribe to this board. I love mine, it's a tricked out Harley Davidson with the factory Saleen Supercharger, black on black, all options. Every time I get in it I smile, and I paid just about 40K for a 48K MSRP. I had been wanting one since I stepped onto the showroom floor in 2002 and saw one. I couldn't afford it then, but since then life has been good to me.

The Honda Odyssey board (my wife's car) is very very active, I wish the F150 board was like this. They have 8-10 posts a day with people buying cars. I would say that I've found the TMV on this site to be off at least a few thousand bucks, but I think the invoice pricing is a pretty accurate figure. Congrats and good luck with your truck!

Tampa2
  • benster13benster13 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased from Capistrano Ford on 12/07/09
    San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Excellent experience!
    Ford F-150 XLT
    Super Crew
    4.6L
    Convenience package
    Drivers Package
    Tow Package
    Differential
    Sync
    Satellite radio

$29,972 before rebates and trade
    MSRP $34,149
  • ibdmanibdman Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 12/31/09.
    4x4, Navi, moon roof, chrome pkg, lariat plus pkg, trail brake, tail gate step, 20in chrome wheels, & Leather

MSRP-$47,255
    Price Paid-$36,900+TTL
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    Can anybody give me details where I can purchase below invoice ($4-500 or more) and waive dealer processing or documentation fee for a somewhat loaded FX4 or lariat with Nav and leather and captains chairs and Sirius radio, heated front seats and towpackage and sunroof with 5.4 4 wheel drive ?

Approx $43,000 - $45,000 MSRP. there is currently approx $2500 rebate for non-lease customers till April.

One concern is the gas mileage...with gas going up and the tank holding approx 35 gallons......I average 24,000 miles per year.

Any leads will be appreciated....my e-mail is: kr5flute@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Steve of Fairfax, VA
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    What dealer in what state and what was your MSRP and how much in rebates ?

do you know what was the anount below invoice (excluding ford rebates and incentives) that you got the car for ?

Steve
  • imabyerimabyer Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a nearly identical vehicle so would be interested in the same information.

A local dealer has a 2010 Lariat listed, 4x4 with 5,000 miles, navi, leather, captains chairs, $36,900 with $9,300 in 'rebates'.

I'd be interested in costs for a truly new vehicle. Thanks.
  • redspot321redspot321 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Im looking at a F-150 XLT
    The dealer showed me "his" invoice which was $ 33,719 and I qualify for $4000 in rebates for a total of $29,700.

Im either buying a F150 or a Tundra and dont know what to do.

What are others paying for F150's?
    This is the exact vehicle http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/kellyfordsales/windowsticker?vin=1FTFW1- CV0AFA70053&modelId=173&dealerPACode=04808
  • bvernonbvernon Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone been able to get this package for less than 36900? I am trying to get one for $36000, and the dealer seems willing to go there, which makes me wonder if I can get it for even less. One thing I have not been able to find are statistics on days on lot for these cars.
  • mattfinleymattfinley Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am in the same boat another Tundra or a Ford F150 XLT. Did you ever have any luck getting yours?

Thanks.
  • the13thjurorthe13thjuror Member Posts: 2
    Looking at a new 2010 F150 XLT 4x4 extended cab with the 3-valve 4.6.

It has the drivers package and the XLT convenience package, MSRP 34960. Dealer is quoting $26360 including $4500 in rebates. Just curious how I'm doing!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter for a major daily newspaper is looking for someone who just purchased a new Ford F-150 and why you purchased the vehicle. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by July 1, 2010.
  • truckman67truckman67 Member Posts: 1
    Getting ready to buy new f-150 stickers are in the 42k to 46k can anyone tell me what they are paying. I am thinking 10k to 12k off of sticker am I crazy?
  • kenkkenk Member Posts: 6
    Just bought a new F-150 today...I hope I got a decent deal.

Sticker MSRP: $34250
    Paid $22950+ ttl
    Out the door: $24,7**

Pretty basic truck, but the dealer did add tint to the windows for me.

Rebates $5500
    (including $1000 from Ford finance)

TMV put the invoice around $31,000

I got a total of $11,300 of the MSRP on a 2010 F-150 XLT 2WD Supercrew at Champion Ford in Katy, Texas.

So how did I do? I guess I'm happy.
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    I'd be interested what options you have on the truck you got. I'm looking at a similarly priced F150 Supercrew 2wd, but didn't get near that offer. The one I was looking at was an XLT with an MSRP of $34875.
  • kenkkenk Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    2010 Supercrew 2wd XLT
    Ingot silver, XLT Chrome package, XLT Convenience package, tow package, drivers group, sirius, sync.
    Bench seat 60/40
    They added window tint to the deal ($125)

The way I figured it I'm about $1600 below invoice. $5500 in rebates, $1000 Ford Finance, $4800 dealer discount.

There was an ad in the local dealer for $10,000 off MSRP (blue line price) or $11,000 (w/Ford finance) on any XLT on the lot. I went down there, but they didn't have the truck I was looking for. Then I went to another dealer and told them I'd sign if they could beat it. They did by $300. I think I did pretty good, of course I didn't really hassle them over the document fees etc.
    Looks like an outstanding deal to me. I know now Ford has dropped their rebate to $3500, so that makes getting a similar deal a little harder. Plus, it seems here the supply is limited, making dealers less likely to make deals like that. I'm still going to try and pull off a deal similar to yours.
    Thanks for the reply!
    Was wondering about this 'dealer plan' pricing that I'm eligible due to a family member being employed by Ford. I was given a quote of $25,923.66 on the above vehicle with Conveniece, Chrome, Drivers group, tow package, sync, sirius, door code, metallic paint and 3.55 limited slip. Truck stickers for $34,875 after the $2000 Sync, Chrome and Tow discount. They added some $399 appearance package.
    The 'dealer plan' discount was $3850.34, and I'm wondering if that is just a percentage off the MSRP or if anything is negotiable on that. It would seem to me that it really isn't much of a discount as the Edmunds pricing shows 26130 with the $5500 in rebates and Truecar has $25932 with same applied. So where's the discount?
    Seems I could do better by holding out til later when the 2011's roll out, though rebates might not be the same. Still, I thought family pricing plans were supposed to be pretty good, but by the looks of it, I guess not!
  • forrestlawforrestlaw Member Posts: 5
    extras:
    3.55 limited slip rear end
    Sync
    Trailer tow pkg
    rear window defroster
    XLT convenience package
    drivers package
    reverse sensing system
    XLT chrome package
    sirius radio

spray-in bedliner
    bed extender
    all weather floor mats

MSRP around $36,700

I originally paid $27k for this, but found out that it had 5k miles on it halfway home. Apparently it was a demo model that was unmarked. Nobody told me about it. So they offered to swap me for a different comparably equipped one or a free extended warranty plus some cash back. I took the cash back and warranty since there wasn't a mark/scratch/scuff/ding/etc... anywhere. I ended up paying $25k and getting the free extended warranty. I don't feel quite as good about the deal as I originally did, but I still think I did OK (but not outstandingly great).
  • aalsherriaalsherri Member Posts: 68
    A great deal! 5K miles is something you shouldn't worry about. 12K below retail with extended warranty is a sweet deal.
    That's kind of what I thought, but it is nice to hear somebody else say it too. I went over EVERYTHING really good and the only evidence I found that the truck had even been driven was the odometer. I normally try to keep my vehicles for a long time (7-8 years, 100k+ miles), and in the end, those extra miles on aren't going to make any diff. at all to the value at that point.
  • aalsherriaalsherri Member Posts: 68
    Dealers are asking for 15K for little low end sedans. There is no doubt a loaded truck worth 25K is a better value. If the economy is strong, you won't get it for less than 30K. Also, the new engines coming in the 2011 trucks have aluminum blocks. I don't believe they will last long like cast iron blocks.
  • brian62brian62 Member Posts: 31
    Pretty basic XLT model:
    XLT Conv Pkg
    Sync
    Tow Pkg
    Drivers Group

MSRP of $31,235
    Edmunds Invoice $28,449 (the invoice the dealer showed me was more like 29,000)
    $5,000 rebate
    Sale Price $23,500

WIth only $75 doc fee! They came down from $399 doc fee as I qualified for X Plan, they said the truck price was better then X plan but they would discount the doc fee.

Also did some big time negotiations on the interest rate, they started at 5.49 and we ended up at 3.6% for 72 months.

I pick up the truck Friday, overall I am happy with the deal.
    Just make sure you check the mileage on it. As you can read from a few posts earlier my dealer tried to sell me a 5000 mile demo at the "new" price I negotiated. They claimed they didn't know it was an unmarked demo, but I wouldn't put it past any car dealer to pull something like that and hope the owner does not notice. Anyway, it ended up working out for me in that they gave me an extended warranty and some more cash to compensate for the miles and I feel that was fair.

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. You are going to love the truck. It's SWEET!
    So it was really bothering me that my "new" truck had 5100 miles on it right off the lot even though the dealer gave me an extended warranty and some extra cash back (see earlier posts). I called them up, told them that I just wasn't feeling right about it, and they said come on down and we'll swap you for a different one. Did that, no problem! The new truck didn't have backup assist on it like my original one did and the sales manager said, "We'll put that on for you. We want your new one to be just like the one that had all the features you really liked." So, they said we won't charge you extra for the 6CD changer and we'll knock off a few hundred for your trouble. That's Awesome. Now, I am really excited about getting a good deal on a new truck rather than feeling OK about my 5100 mile demo.
  • pamela20pamela20 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a 2008 F150 with vin# 1FTRF12218KD12046. The asking price is $8800...also claims 19,000 miles. Does this sound too good to be true?
    I would check the title and run carfax to make sure it hasn't been flooded, salvaged, wrecked, etc... Also pay for an independent inspection and ask if the owner has all of the service records. If everything checks out then it sounds like a really good deal.
  • txsuntxsun Member Posts: 2
    What type of deals are you seeing on a new, 2010 F150 Lariat 4x4 4-door, with the 5.4L, loaded nicely?

I'm actually able to travel most anywhere to get a really good deal, but I'm just curious how much off the MSRP they are going right now? The MSRP range that seems to have all the options I'd want is around the $45-47k range. I'm just wondering how much lower they will/can go right now.

Any experiences?

Thanks in advance.
  • jeffmilliganjeffmilligan Member Posts: 1
    2010 xlt crew 4X4 MSRP 41K paid 28,600.
  • fueledupfueledup Member Posts: 64
    Looking to purchase a 2010 f150 supercrew with msrp at 44,500.00 .What is a legitimate price to pay? I was thinking about $ 15,000.00 discount would be fair offer. Am I in the ballpark? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • msmafiamsmafia Member Posts: 1
    If it works out on the $15,000 let me know. I've just scratch the surface on negotiations for one at $44,300 and I'm down to $34,100 without a face to face yet. So I know I'm going to make it to $12,000, but my goal is the same as yours, $15,000 off and its a purchase.
    I'v decided to jump ship on ford, after extended test drive the mpg posted was 12.8 on highway, with 5.4 3.55 ax ratio. And the resale trade -in value on f150 was beyond awful. i'm going to wait and see what chevy has to offer on redesign in 2012. However they were ready to deal at $13,500.00 off msrp.
  • newtruck11newtruck11 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy new f150 king ranch msrp 50,755. just looking to see how people have done off the msrp. Thanks from Boston. Moonroof, mats, off road package, angular step rails,nav, taigate step and 20" rims
  • adeedmundsonadeedmundson Member Posts: 1
    How are you people getting those deals? every dealer ive contacted via email either wont give me a price or seem to top out at 8k off. If theres any boston dealers out there who want a sale let me know.
    If the truck your looking at 2011 supercrew has the eco-boost engine $8,000 to $9,500 off msrp with current rebates is about right. If 2011 with 5.0 V-8 you shoul be at $11,500 off msrp with current rebates. If 2010 supercrew $13,000-$14,000 off msrp with current rebates. Pay anymore and your paying tooooooo much. Check kbb trade-in for f-150's so you don't fool yourself into agreeing to pay one penny more.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent new truck buyers and current shoppers. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Monday, February 28, 2011 and include your name, city and state of residence.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent owners ( within the last month) or people who are considering purchasing a hybrid or a pickup truck. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 12pm PST on March 1st, 2011 and include your name, state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and your phone number.