Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen GTI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    man that sounds AWESOME, the votex ground effects kit alone is pricey, as is package 2; your bascially paying what someone with a 4 door gti with only dsg as an option would pay. sounds great!
  • Hey everyone. I'm leaning toward leasing a GTI and this is the price I am getting from a dealership in New Jersey.

White 4-door GTI with Package 1 and 6-speed manual
    3 years/36K miles
    $328/month
    No money down, except inceptions, tax, security, first month, etc. ($1800)

So the 328/month does not include tax. Thoughts? Seems a little high to me...
  • ucsb805ucsb805 Posts: 8
    I've been quoted 100-300 above invoice for an 07 GTI with dsg, package 1, and 18" alloys. I'm in southern CA, near santa barbara, and would love to be able to purchase by the end of the month. Has anyone had any experience with any of the dealers between here and LA? What are other people paying?

I test drove the car yesterday and fell in love...thanks in advance for any advice!
  • jondc212jondc212 Posts: 15
    please help..

i know i want a black 2007 GTI w/ DSG. and i am planning to buy it in 2 months using carbuyingtips.com as a resource.

what is the big difference between 2 door vs. 4 door?

weight? speed? style?

and what prices should i be looking at bc this is the month of July and most dealerships are trying to bring in the new 08 GTIs.

help appreciated.

j-
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,889
    what is the big difference between 2 door vs. 4 door?

Ummm... I think the big difference is the number of doors? ;)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jondc212jondc212 Posts: 15
    as far as pricing? is there a clear cut difference.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,889
    2007 Volkswagen GTI

Looks like the 4-door is $500 more than the 2-door.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

totally worth it, unless you love the way the 2 door looks.
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    I had a most excellent experience with Colonial VW in Feasterville, PA (Philadelphia). I waited until the last few days of June to contact about 7 dealers in the U.S., and these folks sold me a loaded GTI at Edmunds Invoice price. Everything was handled through e-mail. They were great. No games, very professional. None of the other dealers I contacted came anywhere near that price. I don't know if it was my timing, or their market, but I got a great car at a great price and my best lease ever. All the Edmunds research paid off big-time!

:D
  • aohurstaohurst Posts: 8
    OK, it's used. But only has 8,100 miles.

2007 GTI 4-door, Pkg 1 and 2, 18" wheels.
    Minor curb rash on one wheel.
    6-speed manual.
    Red with Black interior

Seller wants $22,000 but I could probably get it for $20,500.

Good deal?

KBB only has 2006 used car values, and it says an 06 is worth between 20 and 21k but this is an '07.
  • ccityccity Posts: 1
    Good price? This is before TTL and destination charge ($640) but includes all other charges.
    this sounds great! most 4 doors w/ auto usually go for 24k.
  • mediaguy2mediaguy2 Posts: 38
    there aren't that many gti's left in the northeast. i had hoped for a 4-door manual. i've been given this initial offer via email. what are your thoughts. i think the three year lease should be around $300. btw, the monthly they are quoting includes taxes etc.

2dr automatic Package #2, 17" wheels with all season tires, rubber mats
    and trunk liner in Tornado Red.

24mo, 10Kmi/yr : $1417 out of pocket, $385.50/mo
    36mo 10Kmi/yr: $1380 out of pocket, $346.55/mo
  • dazzlingddazzlingd Posts: 4
    I can't speak for north east but I just leased a 2dr DSG with no options in tornado red for 36mo, 10K/yr for $1500 down and $330/mo.

I'm in the Chicago 'burbs.
  • looking to buy a new 2007 black gti with package 1 and premium stereo upgrade (250 watt amp vs the standard 80). negotiations ended at $24000 out-the-door. (probably could have done better, but this was my first time...) is this a good deal?
  • Hi guys,
    I am pretty new to this website and I am looking to buy a white 4dr 2008GTI within next 2 weeks. I live in Pittsburgh and one dealership has only a black and red 2008 GTI in stock, another dealership has a white 4dr GTI but it's the 2007 model. Are there any differences between the 2007 and 2008 GTI models? And what have people been paying for the 2008 4dr automatic GTI?

Because I might turn to the 2008 accord instead if the dealerships cannot satisfy my needs.

Thanks,
    icyblue :D
  • Just sent out internet request for '08 GTI silver w/ sunroof to 3 dealers. My initial bid is 22,500 before taxes. Has anyone gotten theirs for anywhere near this price?
  • Just placed an order for '08 GTI 2-door man. silver w/ sunroof, no other extras. They wanted $500 over invoice which they quoted at 22,925 = 23425. Both edmunds and KBB have the invoice @ 22,716. Dealer says the extra is for import prep and full tank of gas. Does this sound right?
  • 22,716 + 500 = 23,216, so go for 23,000 and call it good. Double check your research though. The full tank of gas charge is BS, since they likely use middle grade anyway. I would use the Internet to get quotes from a couple of other local dealerships, your dealership sounds like one of those cheapskate places that would be a pain to deal with down the road.
  • New to the board... and first time GTI owner. Picked up my new vehicle this weekend for $26,741.

2008 Volkswagen GTI (United Gray)
    4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
    Autobahn Package
    18" All-Season Tires
    Ipod Adapter

Think it was a pretty darn good deal, but would love to get your thoughts.