Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    i saw a frontier that listed for $19,760 4 cyl auto 2wd-it has pref. pkg-cruise and mats-$1250 rebate-what should i consider a good offer on it if i like the way she drives? edmunds says the invoice on it including destination is $18,608-thanks!
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Numerous ads and folks posting have recieved 4000 or so off MSRP, possibly even on the XE. Try getting quotes on the SE
    King packages too as your best offers on both may not be far apart and the SE is much more truck.

Good Luck
    --jjf

i saw a frontier that listed for $19,760 4 cyl auto 2wd-it has pref. pkg-cruise and mats-$1250 rebate-what should i consider a good offer on it if i like the way she drives? edmunds says the invoice on it including destination is $18,608-thanks!
  • jimbo1229jimbo1229 Member Posts: 1
    i bought my nissan in santa rosa nissan. they were not very honest. we agreed on one thing b4 you knew it was changed in the computer, i will admit i was tired and there for hours when i bought the tuck i didnt read the contract very well.ni paid 22500 for my v6 se frontier love the truck just wont recomend anybody to santa rosa nissan
  • toadmantoadman Member Posts: 39
    Went to NissanUSA.com and got internet price quotes from 3 local dealers. Got a $400 discount off the internet price quote. MSRP $27,995, dealer invoice 25,895. Paid $22,800 plus TTL, and dealer threw in life time free oil changes. Younker Nissan in Renton, WA. They were very fair and easy to deal with.

Power Package
    Tow Package
    Floor Mats
    Bed extender
    Dealer add on custom show package and pin stripping. (No Charge)
    Was that the actual sticker MSRP for the long bed pickup?
    does it have the limited slip option?

Thanx
    --jjf

Went to NissanUSA.com and got internet price quotes from 3 local dealers. Got a $400 discount off the internet price quote. MSRP $27,995, dealer invoice 25,895. Paid $22,800 plus TTL, and dealer threw in life time free oil changes. Younker Nissan in Renton, WA. They were very fair and easy to deal with.

Power Package
    Tow Package
    Floor Mats
    Bed extender
    Dealer add on custom show package and pin stripping. (No Charge)
  • driverjdriverj Member Posts: 8
    I am also in the market and have been reading about the Frontier and Tacoma. I would most likely need the crew cab option, but I am torn between the two trucks. It does look like the Frontier pricing is alot more attractive than the Tacoma. Any ideas on how far we can now go on the pricing on the Frontiers? I was reading about $4000 - $5000 below. Is this still true? I don't need 4x4. A 4x2 will do for me. Thanks in advance.
  • alienstarguestalienstarguest Member Posts: 5
    New 2007 NISMO 4x4
    Sounds like you did ok but not great, you did not get ripped off - its the best mid size truck now made. I was finding some 4x4s is the 21,500 range but not NISMO. I think you might have been able to get in the mid or high 21s, but your not far off
    Silver
    Plastic Bed Liner
    Factory Tow Package(badly needed by me)
    mostly standard NISMO, Power etc
    Paid $22,900 plus TT&L - I think I could have cut this down by about another hundred or so but had a major headache and just wanted to get the deal done.

Lifetime oil changes, tire rotations, and motor waranty for as long as I own it (includes most engine internals, time chain, valve springs, oil pump. etc. this one of the more appealing 'lifetime programs' i found out there.
  • alienstarguestalienstarguest Member Posts: 5
    I am trying to figure out the reply situation on the forum. my message above refers to some other post but where is the other post now ? oh well.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    It looks like you didn't reply, but just posted a message. When you reply, you get the replying to: thingy at the top of your post.

You can scroll back, page by page, and look for it, though.. Only 10 pages...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• trdprerunnerdctrdprerunnerdc Member Posts: 52
    2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4x2 SE $20,188 from the email I received from DowntownLANissan.com Is this a decent price? (Indicates a rebate has been applied)

Does the Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4x2 AT come in Long Bed? Thats what I really need. Any suggestions regarding pricing on tow package and a hard cover to close the bed completely?

Unfortunately, I'm starting a small part time business soon and need to trade in my Honda Pilot EXL for this vehicle. Does anyone know how the dealers computer the trade in value? I know about kbb dealer trade in ..

I hate playing the numbers game!

Thanks! I just dont have time to shop and need to buy one by saturday!
  • vtdogvtdog Member Posts: 163
    I don't know the difference between an XE & SE, but I got an XE King Cab 5spd a few months ago for $16,100 (out the door). The truck listed for $19,800.
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    I'm looking for almost the same configuration, SE Auto, Crew Cab, 4X4, Long Bed. So far best offers range from 21.3 to 22K in Chicago area (MSRP is 27.050 for this trim.
    You can select either long or short bed with Crew Cab (about $700 difference). So for your 2WD version just offer 6000 off sticker and just add TTL. Be strong, it is last month of the old model year. Good luck.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Which dealer or dealers are offering these prices in the Chicago area? My brother is looking for an LE and best offer has been $4700 off MSRP?
  • piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    Try Woodfield, Star and M'Lady Nissan.
  • mafw1mafw1 Member Posts: 2
    it sounds like a good deal where did you go to get the deal and is the out the door price included a down payment from you i'M looking to buy the same model. :)
    I got a quote from performancenissan.com for $18,994 for a 2007 Nissan Frontier 4x2 SE Shortbed! It's just an email quote, hope this helps someone out there.
  • weehookerweehooker Member Posts: 11
    I got my 2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab back in june for $5800 off sticker. That worked out to $400 under invoice/just over $24K. That was with the $2K rebate and very little haggling. Funny thing about Nissan is that they deal (well) like US makers. ie. Good rebates and salesman offers of " any truck on the lot at invoice" (from 3 different dealers in SE MA!) right out of the gate! My gues is that anyone should be able to pick up any 07 leftover Fronty at invoice minus the current rebate.
    You just aren't getting that cooperation when you drink the Toyota cool aid. Been there- Done that! :sick:
    Overall great buying experience on a great truck!
    Forget MSRP if you want a good deal! Get the invoice prices off KBB.com or Cars.com and take them with you. Work from invoice not MSRP. You should get invoice minus rebate and (maybe) minus a few hundred if you are firm. Certainly, don't pay more than $100 over invoice. Also, make sure you agree to "no document fees." This is a common trick many dealerships use to pad the price $200+ (after the sale). Remember there is a hold back on every truck they sell so they are making $ regardless. If one dealer won't play, go to the next.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Also, make sure you agree to "no document fees."

FYI-
    Multiple states require that document fee has to be the same for all customers, if the dealer charges one person $200 then everyone has to pay $200.
    Really? That's too bad. Fortunatly my state isn't one of them. Still worth a try and you should at least know what it is before signing.
    Why on earth would NMAC charge a customer $5.00 to pay on their website? (Higher depending on type of payment used)

Get with the program Nissan! Don't buy a frontier, it's junk. I know, I own one.

To get around this stupid charge, go to your bank's website and arrange for bill payment. Some banks like washington mutual offer free bill pay. Service as fast as 2-5 business days.
  • mehulashermehulasher Member Posts: 1
    Bought today at Ken Garff Nissan in Salt Lake City, UT. I thought I negotiated a fair price, but then checked this board and may have paid more then necessary. I'll break it down so others can benefit from my experience.

2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4x4 v-6 Automatic
    Black exterior/Tan interior
    20 miles on odometer
    Airbag PKG- side and curtain airbags
    SE Value PKG- power windows, locks, side mirrors. Cruise, remote entry, in cabin microfilter, alloy wheels, 4wheel limited slip, under-rail bedliner(plastic, not spray on), bed rail caps, floor mats.
    Tow PKG- Receiver, Hitch ball mount, class 3 hitch ball, 7 pin connector wiring harness.

I ran a TMV and Consumer reports and thought offering 24,500 would be fair, and expected to wiggle up a little. I called and said I would buy for 24,500(not including rebate). also said I would pay 149 doc fee max(they ask $299, which is stupid when others ask 150 and CA dealers can only charge $55). They called me back and said 24,500 was a deal but not budging on the doc fee. Since I had decided I can wiggle up a little I agreed to a deal.

Also traded in my beat up 97 honda accord v6, was given 2k for trade in which is what I expected due to its condition. Factoring trade in, rebate and all the fees, TTL, I got my new truck out the door for 21,909.48. I was pleased but wonder if I could have got lower. Feel free to tell me if I got jobbed or not.

Best of luck to those who are buying, hope this helps. Email me if you are planning to buy in Salt Lake City, I'll refer you and if you buy from Ken Garff then I'll split the 100 bucks with you. Also let you know who was my salesman, he was good to work with.

What do you think about the Maintenance+ program? I asked for a quote for the top level and was told $700. Part of me thinks it could be a good value especially if I can find it cheaper. At that level it is at least an oil change for every 3 months/3750 miles for 60months/75k miles. If you say $35 for each oil change, that works out to 700 by itself. Then if you include all the other maintenance items like tire rotations, wipers/filter replacements, etc. it seems to me like a good value. What do you think?
    We need MSRP sticker price and any extras added by dealer and price you paid with doc fees. Leave out or subtract taxes as that varies from 300-2000 depending upon state. Get the edmunds or kbb.com wholesale of your trade in fair-poor condition. On the surface it looks like they gave you a bit on the trade.

In general, giving yourself the flexibility of just driving to wherever to get maintenance done, especially on your schedule is better than pre paying.

enjoy
    --jjf
    Sounds like you did good (despite the doc fee). That's exactly what I paid for my 07 cc le 4x4 in June after a month of research and pitting 3 dealers against each other. That's several hundred below invoice and nearly 20% off sticker if I'm not mistaken. Enjoy the truck! Love mine.

BTW, Black and tan is SHARP in that truck.
  • rallystxrallystx Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a new Frontier-leaving Toyotas. I got a price quote for a 4X4, crew, value pkg, moonroof pkg, tow pkg, manual trans-bottom line for price $ 25,533. MSRP allegedly $27,185. Have to have one built cause there aren't any on the lot with my specs. Haven't talked about my trade yet. Does this seem like a fair deal or have others done better? In Nh if that matters.
  • carnut21carnut21 Member Posts: 38
    If you are ordering an 08, I think they are $500-$1000 to high if you include the rebate of $1,500. They are just about selling at MSRP minus rebate. Try a little harder, they probably will deal a little more. MSRP-rebate for the dealer but not for you.

By the way, the Frontier ROCKS! With the 6 speed I am getting 21-22 most every tank of 50/50 driving. Power? She will fly.
    FWIW, I also left Toyota 01 Tacoma 4x4. Toyota makes a reliable truck but not a refined truck IMHO. My Frontier has it beat hands down for overall fit, finish, ride etc.

Anyway, Forget about MSRP until your ready to gloat about your deal. What you want is to research the INVOiCE price for your package and work down from there. If you can get invoice + $0, you're doing OK. If you can get invoice -$500 you kicked butt. ( They keep the rebate and factory kickback.) This can work out to as much as 15-20% of MSRP.

BTW, you won't get Toyota to deal like that!
  • rallystxrallystx Member Posts: 2
    At this point the price they quoted is without any rebate as I would have to wait until the VIN is created-then see what rebates are available. They are saying 6-8 weeks to have it built-haven't signed on the dotted line...yet! I must say though I am looking forward to a new Frontier!
  • aguadiemaguadiem Member Posts: 2
    You guys seem lucky indeed! I just took possession on Wednesday a Matador Red 2007 Frontier NISMO CC 4X4 with absolutely every factory & dealer installable option (including extended warranty, undercoating, paint & fabric protection) and I paid CDN$32,548 plus taxes. In Canada, the base NISMO 4X4 CC MSRPs at $39,248 plus Shipping $1,350 plus options, documentation fees & taxes (14%). Extended Warranty, 7 years, 180,000 costs $1,800, undercoating etc. costs $1,349, Tonneau cover $449, Hitch $518, bed extender $299, Hood deflector & Vent Shades $329 installed. I wish I could have bought it out of the USA but Nissan Canada won't honor the warranty! BTW, the base NISMO in Canada is a 4X4 and comes with Fosgate Stereo w/ MP3, XM etc., VDC, Locking Rear, Hill Assist, Moon Roof, Bed Management, etc. The only options are Trailer package, tonneau cover, bed extender, roof rack accessories, pearl coat paint. We don't get as large a selection of configurations as offered in the USA. So far, I love this truck, even if it did cost me an arm and a leg. WAY BETTER than my GMC Sierra SLT 2500 Turbo Diesel 4X4 and rides just about as well on the roads as my Toyota Sienna Van!
  • lax5lax5 Member Posts: 29
    Although there is some disagreement on Nissan's warranty issue in Canada, I bought a new 2006 NISMO RWD last year and have been told by a local dealership that the warranty will be fine.

What was your final cost for your truck, all in including taxes? Which city did you buy it in?
  • aguadiemaguadiem Member Posts: 2
    I bought it in Moncton, New Brunswick at Champlain Motors. We only have the one Nissan dealership. I Paid $29,700 on the road, out of pocket based on $32,485 (incl air tax) less $8,000 trade-in on a 2000 Sienna CE. HST was $3,620 if you want to work it back. For that I have the premium package (Rust Proofing, Sound Insulation, Paint and Fabric protection), Extended Warranty to 7/160,000, Tonneau Cover, Sliding Bed Extender, Rubber Floor Mats in addition to the carpet mats, Hood Deflector, Vent Shades and the Chrome Tailgate Handle Kit. The truck was brought-in for me from 417 Nissan in Ottawa as a dealer inventory exchange. My dealership made a mistake, they believed they were swapping for an SE CC Short Bed and got the NISMO. (I only asked for an SE CC short bed) I sincerely believe they lost money as they had to pay tranportation from Ottawa to Moncton plus the price differential was about $6,000. I looked in the States but the warranty issue worried me as well as the dealership I attempted to deal with in Virginia wouldn't spell-out what the truck had for equipment/options so I concentrated on the one close to home.
  • mafw1mafw1 Member Posts: 2
    :) i'm on the marker for a new frontier looking to buy a 07 frontier 4*2 king cab xe manual trans. xe preferred pkg. power pkg. bed liner floor mats. sticker price is 19,760 what do you guys think is a good price for this truck
  • jim1504jim1504 Member Posts: 8
    A Dallas area dealer has a deal for $15k on the Frontier.
  • vtdogvtdog Member Posts: 163
    I bought one over the summer. It stickered at 19,800 I got it for 16,100 out the door.
  • linkfeeneylinkfeeney Member Posts: 58
    looking to buy a nissan or tacoma

Nismo crew cab
    4x4 with Traction and techology package

what are you guys paying? i saw some old pots back from July some of you paying $23? and getting the bed extender and floor mat along with it? I'm sure it was a clearance price

what do you guys think now? thx!
  • financialladyfinanciallady Member Posts: 1
    Got one tonight for 15k in Washington state.
  • thundergod1thundergod1 Member Posts: 3
    We just purchased a 2007 Frontier NISMO Crew Cab 4x4 from Empire Lakewood Nissan in Lakewood Colorado.

Gloss Black:

Options Equipped:
    Rockford Fosgate Stereo 6CD changer
    Sunroof
    Bed Extender
    Cargo Divider Gate
    Rear Locker (NISMO standard?)

Out the door before taxes---$24995.00 it had 7500 miles on the clock. Pristine condition. No paint chips, no scratches...it looked like the bed was never even used to haul anything substantial, no mars on the bed lining from lumber/mulch etc. Tires still pretty much unused, no offroading gouges on side walls. Interior was just detailed...but no damage to any of the interior fabrics or plastics.

The Dealership was a good experience. I was able to talk them down $1000 off their asking price. I tried for more, but when I saw Kelly BlueBook online at $30920 for dealer asking price, I knew they weren't going to budge any further. The dealership, as all dealerships go....was very quick once you say "im interested"...paperwork signed within hours...(very high credit scores helped.)

It was the only NISMO CrewCab on their entire lot, new and used-- a lucky find!
    They had a lot of 2008 rolling in, and I could tell they were really trying hard to clear all of their 2007 stock. PS-- buy a truck at the end of the month, the sales manager is paid on UNITS sold not commission, walk in on the last week, and he will want to see his paycheck increase--DEALS TO BE HAD!

I feel like I got a wonderful deal--24995! its a great truck....and its snowing outside right now and I HAVE TO GO TO WORK! YEA!
    :D
  • billsal436billsal436 Member Posts: 7
    not sure about the XE but for reference I got a 08 King cab SE (V-6) Auto with the VTP for 17,700 OTD (less tax, title, lic) last night, probably left a little on the table... think it can be had for 17,400 - 17,500 if you work it. (I am near the new orleans market)
    Is that the 22000 msrp 2wd model? 4500 off msrp for an 08 SE king would be a very good deal.

Happy Drivin
    --jjf

not sure about the XE but for reference I got a 08 King cab SE (V-6) Auto with the VTP for 17,700 OTD (less tax, title, lic) last night, probably left a little on the table... think it can be had for 17,400 - 17,500 if you work it. (I am near the new orleans market)
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    You are happy so good deal but its a used car. A quick glance this month at the online deals show 2008 Nismo Crew with moonroof for slightly less due to rebate.
    Never look back!
  • tuoraftuoraf Member Posts: 3
    Houston,TX; Just purchased '08 Nismo KC w/tech package and Ipod connection @ 20.8K after $2500 rebate.
  • blue3fishblue3fish Member Posts: 4
    I’m looking at buying a 2008 crew cab SE V6. I would really like to get a Long bed, with a manual and the value truck package. I live in Iowa and the Nissan Dealer told me the combination of a long bed and manual would be so difficult to find I would have to have one built. This will be my first time buying a new vehicle, so I’m new to the game. Is it common to have to have a truck built because I want those features? If I get it built can I still negotiate on the price?
    I would do a search on the nissanusa website to see if you can get something in several cities within 500 mi of your locale. If you can't find one get bids from 10-20 dealers on a special order to your specs or better, an auto out of stock via internet. Make them aware you are getting 10+ bids. Do it toward the end of the month. It shouldn't cost them anything as they have no carrying costs as they do on stock vehicles. Most rebates specify only for stock vehicles and the situation with orders could only be determined by getting the bids.

An average deal on a crew cab se is 4000 off msrp (including rebate). If you can't approach this on a special order manual (you lose the 2500 rebate) you will be paying 2500 more for a manual trans.

Good luck
    --jjf

I’m looking at buying a 2008 crew cab SE V6. I would really like to get a Long bed, with a manual and the value truck package. I live in Iowa and the Nissan Dealer told me the combination of a long bed and manual would be so difficult to find I would have to have one built. This will be my first time buying a new vehicle, so I’m new to the game. Is it common to have to have a truck built because I want those features? If I get it built can I still negotiate on the price?
  • pahunterpahunter Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a 2008 CrewCab Long Bed 4x4 from Ehrlich Nissan in Greeley, CO for $22,785. They also offered me a 2008 6sp manual Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed (Super Black)for $21,999. Fly into Denver and have them pick you up. Call Brandon at internet sales 970-353-5333. They are incredibly quick and no surprises. Tell him Gary sent you.
  • angantangant Member Posts: 7
    pahunter;

Can you tell me more about the truck you bought? I am going to attempt to purchase an '08 CC tomorrow at a local dealer here in NC. did you buy an SE? What options? Automatic? Did you have a trade? That ssems like a great buy.

Thanks.
    Sorry I did not put in all the info. I realized that after I had posted my reply.
    The truck I bought is a 2008 Frontier SE CrewCab 4x4 Long Bed (Radiant Silver) with Value Truck Pkg, Automatic with Class 4 hitch (6500 lb hitch), No trade so I was in the drivers seat. I searched all over the country before buying. I even wrote a dealer in Statesville, NC because that is where we are going by the end of March. He told me they don't deal. I think anyone would be hard pressed to match the deal I received.
  • blue3fishblue3fish Member Posts: 4
    jjf and pahunter,

thanks a lot for the advice. I decided to go with an automatic, because I found three dealers in Iowa that had the truck with the options I was looking for. I sent out a few internet price quotes to the dealers I knew had the truck I wanted in stock. The next day two of the dealers called me. I just purchased an 08 CC SE long bed, 4x4,VTP with a sliding bed extender for 23,211. Not quite as good a Deal as pahunter but I was able to get rid of my 95 eagle talon, So I'm very happy
    Sounds like a good call.

--jjf
    Excellent, especially getting rid of your 1995 Talon in the deal. Congratulations!!!!!!
  • nicpnicp Member Posts: 1
    What state did you buy? Was this the price before or after any incentives?
    I'm getting ready to buy in CA and gathering as much info as possible...thanks