Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

18910111214»

Comments

• mmccloskeymmccloskey Posts: 168
    edited January 2011
    Contrats on your 2010 LE. I have the exact same truck (all options including moonroof & LE value pkg, same color) which I purchased in October, 2009. The sticker inside the front door has a build date of 9/09 so my truck was brand new and one of the first 2010's built. Even though I paid a bit more, I've had my truck for 14 months and no issues at all. I only have 7.5K miles so the truck will last for many years to come. You might want to reference that sticker to see when your truck was manufactured.

Sounds like your dealer didn't do much prepping before delivering your truck to you. BTW, my truck came with two keys and remotes so you are owed another key/remote from the dealer. I believe the owners manual states two keys/remotes depending on the model and the LE does qualify.

Good luck with your new Frontier.

M. J. McCloskey
  • jw_kyjw_ky Posts: 3
    MJ,
    Hey! Thanks for the reply, appreciate the heads up on the keys and key fob.
    Sounds like you did well on your deal. Since the 2011 models are out, one would expect to get a better deal. Love the Nissan Frontier...nicely built, powerful and good looking too. Had my 2005 model since 2006, and had no problems, 'cept I really beat it up, lol.
    Enjoy the road and the off-road.
    JW
  • The owners manual (pg 3-2) clearly states two (2) keys w/transponder are supplied with each vehicle. The LE has keyless remote entry which allows locking/unlocking via the remote(s). I'd contact the dealer and let them know you only got one key/remote and you'd appreciate the 2nd key/remote since you paid for them. There is also a key number plate which allows keys to be made in the event you lose both keys.

I agree - the Frontier is a very handsome looking truck and the overall build quality is very good. No squeaks or rattles and the power is good to have plus it handles nicely for a truck. My sister recently purchased a 2011 Tacoma SR5 crew cab which is nice but I don't really care for the styling and you can't get a moonroof or leather seats with it. She is happy with her truck and I with mine.

Happy & safe motoring -

M.J. McCloskey
  • jw_kyjw_ky Posts: 3
    Hey!
    Got back from dealer ....don't think I'll be doing any more business with them....GGGGRRRRR! They managed to waste my whole day. 3.5 hrs travel & 4.5 hrs. waiting. However, I was able to get my 2nd set of keys w/key fob. After I insisted on going over the salesman's head, the extra set mysteriously appeared. Not quite sure why it took so long to go thru the truck and give it the cleaning it should have gotten. Unfortunately, they still managed to leave the windows dirty, and they did a poor job of drying the water off it.
    Learned a lot of lessons with deal, lol. :shades:
  • Just picked up new 2011 Nissan Frontier C/C SV w/4WD & premium package w/ floor mats & VIN etch (didn't want but they threw in) + full tank gas (today that's worth something).
    MSRP-$29,155
    Selling Price--$22,693.49
    Plus TTL & doc fee ($156.08-ILL)
    Black ext & steel interior
    M'Lady, Crystal Lake, ILL/Robert was sales person.
    Easiest transaction in 40 years!!
  • vrmvrm Posts: 303
    edited June 2011
    When will Nissan redesign the Frontier?
    Nissan has been very quiet and has not released any information about the 2012 model.

Will the 2012 model be a complete redesign?
    Any info, feedback or rumors would be be helpful. Thanks!
  • rttimrttim Posts: 1
    On 7/16 we purchased a new Frontier crew cab 4x4 SL - moved over from my Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab That I've owned for 10 years.

So far we are very pleased with the vehicle. It has all the features and capabilities we were looking for and more.

I also can't say enough about our experience with Wilsonville Nissan - everyone there was extremely courteous and they took excellent care us us. I've never liked auto shopping (ranks right up there with getting a tooth pulled) and this was truly the most pleasant and hassle free experience in purchasing a vehicle that we've ever had. Tim Wright in particular did a great job as our sales person in helping us purchase our new truck.
  • Purchased the new truck about 2 weeks ago on an ad special. 2011 Frontier King Cab, Auto, 4.0LV6, SV trim with SV Premium Utility Package. Also has bed extender, Class IV Tow Hitch Receiver, XM Radio, Bluetooth, 6 Disk CD changer, spray in bed liner, and Util-Track System. MSRP was $28,945.00. Dealer offered a discount of $4,650.00 and with the $3,000.00 Nissan rebate the final out the door price before title and registration was $21, 295.00. Best part of deal was no haggling over price. I was happy with the deal and very happy with the truck. Will be adding a new A.R.E. MX Series Truck top very soon and be driving the truck daily for work. Color is Super Black. Truck was purchased in the Portland, OR metro area.
  • boneltbonelt Posts: 1
    I'm loving this truck!

MRSP 33,320
    Price paid 26,385

Truck was purchased in SD.
  • kingrkingr Posts: 60
    I'm looking at a SV Crew 4x4 auto, SV Premium Utility Package and floor mats, MSRP $29,595, Dealer offering me a $1,800 discount plus $3,000 rebate, My question is how much of a discount should I realistically expect to get before rebate, Looking at the previous couple posts some are getting near $4,000 discount plus rebate.
    I am in upstate NY

Thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,907
    A reporter seeks to interview someone who recently bought a new compact truck. Please email pr@edmunds.com with the make and model, and your daytime contact info no later than 5pm Eastern Friday, September 2, 2011.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• caro749caro749 Posts: 1
    On March 16, 2013, we bought a black 2012 Frontier King Cab SV, 4X2, V6 with SV Sport appearance package, and bedliner/tow hitch package. MSRP $26330, final price before TT&L $19950. We're in the Phoenix area, so sales tax was brutal, but we feel like it was a great deal.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,314

For 2014 Nissan Frontier purchase experiences, please visit the 2014 Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion.

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

18910111214»