Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

cob10cob10 Member Posts: 7
edited January 2014 in Nissan
I just purchased a Nissan Frontier SE, kingcab, 2 wheel drive, auto, ABS standard, upgraded tires and wheels believe are standard with this model, automatic transmission, air-conditioning, bed liner, white.. Pd $11,888, in Sacramento, CA... Believe you can get a better price, two days latter saw adds for $10,888 and $9,999. The first one is a lesser model, doesn’t have upgraded tires and has steel wheels not alloys, no 6 cd player lime mine, wheel flairs are black-color doesn’t match the paint and mine does, rear window opens,…. The $9k one is not an automatic which is a must for me….. Although for me the $10,888 P/U would have fit my needs fine. Never trust a dealer, was told this sale was special, they made a mistake and got stuck with stock from a related dealer… assured this is the best price you’ll find.. The next day (Fri) several dealers offing same vehicle same price or a little lower.

Overall I am happy with the truck, auto transmission is not smooth but no complaints… seems to ride fine, relatively quite… wanted a Toyota but a $3-$4K more I decided to buy Nissan… time, resale, etc. will tell if this was a mistake…

Comments

• bretfrazbretfraz Member Posts: 2,021
    I priced a Frontier SE V6 (that's what they come with, a V6 in SE trim. There is no 4 cylinder SE model) on Carsdirect.com. 4x2, automatic, 6 disc, the SE trim (alloy wheels, Desert Runner trim, etc.). The price I got * with rebate* was $17,331. That's basically a $300 over invoice deal plus $2500 rebate.

Sorry, I don't believe a word of the above post. If I could buy a new Frontier SE V6 Desert Runner for $12,000, I'd be all over it. I can't even find an '02 model USED for less than $14,000 in good condition. I've been casually shopping for this truck for the last 6 months from North Carolina to Alabama to South Florida.

Cheapo Frontiers are everywhere but they're Standard models, 4 cyl, 5 speed, no AC, no power goodies. Even Frontier XE King Cab 4x2 with VTP are over $12,000.

$11,888 for an SE King Cab 4x2? Nope, don't believe it.
  • pitrottpitrott Member Posts: 37
    Hi all,
    I ordered the above with all the goodies even the skid plate in the front (looks good i must say) But the book is wrong you can not get the VDC/Tire pressure system with the SE Crew Cab only XE to my displesure! now the sticker price on this puppy was 27,789 and some change after 1500 rebate and 500 military rebate i rode of at 23,300 of the lot with a 5 year extended warrenty
    The only problem so far with this Big Beefy truck is the seat belt flap! drive's me insane!
    Ohh yea the rockford fosgate system (radio) is better then the one in my pathfinder (bose) and in my house (9 bose speakers)
    Cheers
    PIT
  • cob10cob10 Member Posts: 7
    I don’t believe the above (my post) post either!!! The vehicle is an XE not a SE. Sorry for the mistake and it does make a huge difference, 4cyl vs. 6cyl. Anyone wishing to verify this post can call one of many Nissan dealers in the Sacto area or check with the Sacbee.com (newspaper). My intent was to provide information that I thought would be helpful…but I messed it up… sorry to all ….
  • oakrad1oakrad1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a Nissan KingCab 4 cyl. auto trans with the value truck package. The price was 15,995 plus tax title and license. The dealer added window tint for 200.00. The over all experience wasn't very plesant since the whole transaction took almost 4 hours. I received a 500.00 rebate and a great finance rate so that helped matters. As for the truck the 4 cyl. is underpowered and the lack of power windows and door locks stinks. The gas mileage is a major plus and a reason for buying. I believe if I had more time to look around I could have found a better deal. Take your time and you will find a good deal I believe.
  • srl99srl99 Member Posts: 37
    Back in August we bought a Frontier (4 cyl auto)
    with value truck pkg., bed liner, mats sticker
    17256 for 11,988 + tax and state fees. This was
    an ad run by the Nissan dealer in Newark, CA but
    we went to the dealer closer to us in Oakland CA
    and after some collar pulling they gave us the
    same deal. I *do* believe they lost money on the
    deal. No hassles at all - maybe 1 hour total
    in paperwork, etc.

By the way - for previous poster who paid $200 for
    window tinting - I believe the value truck package or
    XE (don't know which) comes with the rear window tint.
    Maybe you got door windows tinted?

After almost 1000 miles on the truck I have only
    the 'vent blows warm air on cold setting' complaint.
    It's surprising to me there isn't more discussion of
    these trucks, I know the Taco outsells 2 to 1 (but
    with Nissan's $2500 rebate I don't see why), but why
    no meaty discussion of these trucks? I guess no one has
    any real complaints. I originally thought we wanted power
    windows and door-locks, but it's no problem to reach the
    windows from the driver's seat, and *maybe* when we have
    an alarm installed we'll put in a door-lock actuator for the
    driver's side, *maybe*.

I still can't get over the value of this truck.
    It's no speed demon uphill, but on level ground
    it's excellent. [Reviews suggest manual tranny.]

Slight update: Newark dealer is now running
    an ad for about $1k less, for this truck with the
    manual. We needed a little more clearance on
    the front seat (dog), so the auto suits us a bit
    better.
  • darksteerling2darksteerling2 Member Posts: 1
    From Sacramento, CA. I've been looking at XE 4 cylinder, automatic Frontiers with the value package and bedliner. Don't pay over 12,685 after the 2500 rebate. (well, unless you get say a bed extender or other options not listed here.) For the person above who paid 15,995 plus 200 for tinted windows, you.. well, you could have gotten it lower. Also, that tint comes with the value package. They list MSRP upwards of 17,000 but there's a lot of room for them to come down. I've been tryin awful hard to get Future Nissan and Peoples Nissan lower than 12,685 but without any luck after extended negotions. Maybe I'll go to Elkgrove and give it one last shot. Oh, and Frontier beats Tacoma and Ranger anyday.
  • eelsfooteelsfoot Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2001 Frontier XE King Cab with 80k miles (V6, full power...). Mavbe alot of miles, but it is a one owner--dealer serviced truck that is in perfect condition. It was sitting next to another 2001 with half as many miles, but looks (and drives) 10X better. Paid $11,600. Decent deal I thought, what do y'all think??

CHEERS,

Lance-
  • keith1keith1 Member Posts: 1
    I want an '04 with the power package and the sport package - p03 & s03. manual transmission. The way I read CarsDirect and Edmunds here, that's like 20,800 before the 2K rebate, so 18,800 is the reasonable price? I emailed some Nissan sales rep and he tried to tell me 22,900 was fair and that I must not have read either one properly. So glad the salesmen are there to teach us to read! Thanks for any help -
  • rezarfrezarf Member Posts: 1
    Purchased an XE V6 auto Crew Cab last month, while the rebate was still hot. Got a long bed, automatic, sport package and power package for $20K. The best part was they gave me $7K for the 2000 Frontier King Cab I had for a trade, 42K miles, 5 spd manual - that was what I was gonna market it for retail anyway. Pleased with the deal, and the dealership has treated me like they want to keep customers! Compared with the Tacoma and the Dakota - would have gone with the Dakota if they'd dealt, but they wouldn't come to my deal - bigger back seat, bigger engine, but no long bed. Never had my 2000 Frontier in the shop - ever - and I look forward to a lotta miles on the 2004!
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    sounds like you got a fair deal. how do you like the 03 so far? is the quality about the same as your 00 would you say or do you think it slipped?? (probably no better based on how people have complained about nissan quality lately)....
  • reverberocketreverberocket Member Posts: 4
    4 Cylinder 5-speed

The dealer matched a carsdirect.com price, which equalled the dealers invoice price. With Value Package (includes Basic, Utility and Power packages) and floor mats. With $2k rebate $13,720.

I see the rebate has now gone to $2500.
  • screamedat2mucscreamedat2muc Member Posts: 1
    In April I paid 17,200 delivered for a leftover, new extended cab 4x4 XE. Couldn't pass it up...AM/FM CD, A/T, Off-Road Pkge (whatever THAT is)A/C, P/S, P/B, V6... couldn't find any deal even close...they wanted this thing gone...Solar Yellow....I LOVE it.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Always great to find that "motivated seller" that winds up with a great deal for you!

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!
    The chat room opens 15 minutes before the scheduled chat time, so come early and get a good seat! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • icarbuyericarbuyer Member Posts: 3
    Since I'm currently in the market for a 04 crew cab LB, I'm curious as to how much people are paying for one lately. Has the fact that the 05 are due out soon impact the sale and price of the 04?

Please post your price, options and location. Thanks
  • jtomjtom Member Posts: 26
    Hi, wanted to know if anyone in Oregon bought a base model 4x2 XE value package and what you paid. Carsdirect.com has it listed for $12,211 with the value package discount and $2500 rebate. Is this the best I can do? Looking to retire my 94 ranger, it's been super good to us, but this deal looks too good and airbags are nice. Thanks for all the good info, I have yet to test drive, any misc info is appreciated too. thanks - julie
  • sirdarbysirdarby Member Posts: 20
    Frontier regular cab, 5 sp with 96000 miles, black. I haven't had any problems. Just want bigger truck.

Also, is $12,500 a good price for a red, used 2004 King Cab. I think it has the Value Package. with 5100 miles. Or can I get a better deal new.
  • macfreehandmacfreehand Member Posts: 1
    Putting low mileage on my previous vehicle [last was a 1985 Mazda with 85,000, filled tank once a month]. I figured I'd purchase a NEW pickup instead of used .

With bed liner, tinted windows and desert coating [against intense heat in AZ climate] I paid $13,325. The $2,500 rebate was the clincher]. Am satisfied, after looking at Toyota's [first choice, but none available, or to pricey for my needs with ONLY a $500 rebate.]

I was pleased with the no hassle sales at Pinnacle Nissan, here in Phx. I'm glad I did my homework on the WWW. I knew what i wanted, [basic transportation - no power windows, locks] and settled for power steering, comfortable bucket seats and decent radio and ABS brakes. AND you can see the dashboard [excellent display both day AND NIGHT, awesome] clock in daytime. [not hidden out of site like in Toyota]

Have already ordered after market camper shell [$500+ less than dealer wanted] AND basic black side step rear bumper at $300 less than dealer asked. I will install it myself. The silver paint finish and black trim are a nice change from white Mazda.

Now I can go camping and mt. biking up north and do some off road [dirt road, not rugged roads]] driving. And after 4 years of NO A/C, it is nice to have one again and it cools quickly in a smaller interior than the old 4 dr sedan.

So far I am satisfied, with only 153 miles on it averaged 19 MPG in city.
  • irish24irish24 Member Posts: 43
    Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours that we got in June. Sounds like you are living in luxury these days.........desert coating AND AC...just razzing you as I used to live in Phoenix and know how hot it gets........once had to do a mandatory hike up South Mountain in mid July (115).
  • novanova Member Posts: 135
    Okay these trucks are out . All we need is the invoice pricing. I checked the nissan web sight the 2 things I do not like is. #1 Cant get aztec red in the LE crew cab. #2 Have to take the sun roof to get the side air bags
    Has any one on this sight made a purchase from this web sight called New-Nissans.com , They claim that the can sell you any nissan for $500.00 under invoice.Excluding 350Z roadsters & Altia SE-R. I submited my reguest for a qoute lets see what happens
  • sumadspsumadsp Member Posts: 2
    I found an '04 with 1100 miles, power everything, 6 cylinder, automatic, 2wd. I've been looking for a Tacoma but couldn't pass up this deal. What is everyone's opinion on this model?
  • sean3sean3 Member Posts: 158
    Hi I just looked at an '04 frontier at nissan (they were closed) and they only had a few 04's frontiers left, and I looes at an '04 Standard stickered for 17,600 give or take w/a 2,500 rebate, It did have a package not sure which ,but it included

PW/PL Keyless

ac, auto

2.4 4cyl

tint,bedliner, 15"alloy

I emailed dealer today and he came back with 17,000-2,500 =14,500 before taxes and fees,

I was wondering if that is a good price, And if the 2.4 is decent,&if it has the variable valve timing,My current Mitsubishi has a 2.4L w/variable timing and it is a sedan. This was one of only 3 '04 frontiers left, Is this a good deal considering they are "leftover" 04's? the other few frontiers were outa my price range, The '04 Xe had all the options I want, but is the 4cyl sufficient, for around town and occasional higway trips, should I ask for a better deal considering the '05 is a total redesign, 14,500+fees&taxes,,I am worried if I wait it will be gone and miss a good deal..Any thoughts? thanks sean
    thas what im looking at also except the one im lookin at is a 4cyl 2wd, and that is my primary concern, if the 4cyl is able for normal driving,,my current mitsubishi has enough power and its a 2.4 4cyl/w variable timing, and im guessing the '04 frontier 4cyl doesn't have it, It seems it has decent euipment

Auto,Ac,Pw,tilt/cruise,alloys.bedliner,3-window tint, Any suggestions on '04 frontiers&prices...Sean
    Now I kind of confused on the '04 frontier XE,, Basically does the package include what is actually on the truck im looking at here is what it has

Auto,4cyl

AC

Alloy wheels

Pw/pl,pm, Keyless

Tilt

Bedliner

Tint

ABS (not for sure its 4whl abs)

CD

What package is this considered? or are they add-ons?, One of the last ones left besides a few desert runners.

dealer emailed me back w/14,500,

including rebate, not including taxes and fees. the window sticker says 17,600 including destination, The silver color would be my last choice, but if this is a good deal i dont care, I think the one thing left out was cruise control, but all other power options were included...Any other 4cyl frontier automatic drivers? any thoughts///Thanks Sean
    sorry about multiple posts, confused on packages that are on the xe im looking at, as far as i can tell for the XE there is as follows

G03-Value Truck package

B01-Basic gear package

U02-Utility package

P02-Power package

H94-storage box

M96-Bedliner w/caps

N92-Bed extender

L92-Floor mats,

Based on AC,Auto,4cyl,Pw/Pl/Pm/Keyless,Bedliner,alloys,tint,ABS 4whl?,CD, wHat packages are thoses considered, I only saw the power package listed on actual sticker tonite, I dont think this included cruise for some reason, anyways 14,500 with rebates+ taxes and fees,considering it is pratically 2005 now, the 2004 frontier is brand new on Nissans lot. I saw people were paying the same a year ago, but was confused about package options. should i try to get a better deal considering these are basically leftovers as far as the car industry is concerned, and will this 04 truck still be able to be called brand new new in a few days? This one is the only regular cab left at my only local Nisssan dealer...I like the truck but havent driven it yet, My only real concern is if the 4cyl w/auto will be sufficient, for around town and some interstate....thanks alot Sean
  • sumadspsumadsp Member Posts: 2
    Yesterday I bought a '04 Frontier. Includes auto V6, power D/L/W, 6 speaker system w/single CD, LB, crew cab, 6 year extended warranty for $21K. Bought it at Mossy Nissan in Oceanside, CA. They are running a 1%, $2500 rebate right now to liquidate '04 inventory. Great people to work with. Definitely recommend if anyone is in the market for a new Frontier.
  • charlie_bcharlie_b Member Posts: 19
    i just got back from test driving an '04 king cab xe with the 4 cylinder, power everything, cd player, bed liner, auto transmission. was not impressed. very slow. bouncy ride. stereo was absolutely horrible. they say it has 4 speakers but that is just two mid ranges and two tweeters. i made the mistake of driving the 05 before driving the 04. the 05 is so much better than the 04. of course, there's also a huge difference between $15k for the 04 and $23k for an 05.
    Thanks charlie_b , sounds identical to the one I am interested in '04 XE king 4cyl.auto, power everything,havent had a chance supposed to drive it today, 14,500 is the price dealer gave me including 2,500 reb. and "knocked" another $650 or so i think the sticker said 17,700 apx. but what you said was mmy main concern . A 4cyl auto truck would be underpowered. I noticed one power option that was not included was cruise, are they trying to tell you something like " not meant for highway or interstate driving"

I'd like to find a Desert Runner king cab 4x2 , with same options, w/V6, 5sp, but dealer only has a CC 4x4.

Does the '05 Frontier have the king kab that comes standard on every pre '05 frontier..The base engine is a 2.5L same engine as Altima..with variable valves/which I could see working in a compact truck, more refined larger power band ,bump in HP,especially in a standard tranny. Thanks Sean
  • charlie_bcharlie_b Member Posts: 19
    the 2005s only come in king cab or crew cab. the problem right now is that the 4 cylinders won't be out until march. the other problem is that to get a 4 cylinder you have to get the XE model which prevents you from getting nice stereo, utilitrack bed, spray on bed liner from factory.

the 05 4 cylinder engine is far better than the 04, but the 05 tacoma's 4 cylinder is better than the 05 frontier's. my ideal truck would be to get the tacoma's 4 cylinder engine into a frontier LS body.

as far as 6 cylinders go, the 05 frontier pretty much blows away the tacoma's. more hp, torque, and a timing chain instead of a belt.
  • hkingshkings Member Posts: 74
    05 Frontier Crew Cab LE Auto 4x4 (Loaded)

Smoke Gray / Steel Leather

ALBS

Sunroof Pkg

Leather Pkg

Traction Pkg

Side Air Bag Pkg

Rockford Fosgate Pkg

Floormats

(Buying sliding Bed Extender and chrome bumpers later.)

Fortunately, I was able to get in on the Nissan VPP program for Friends and Family which sells me the Nissan of my choice for 2.87% under INVOICE (not just MSRP), however there is a 2.5% dealer charge on the under invoice figure. Long story short I'm getting the above truck which has a:

Total MSRP of $31,690

With Invoice of $29,010

My Grand Total $28,953

I figure getting about $2737 off MSRP, ($60 under invoice) for a new 05 this early in the game is a great deal. Especially since dealers dont HAVE to honor the Nissan VPP; it is up to each individual dealer if they choose to honor it.

As a side note, I could have gotten my choice of 05 Frontiers through a dealer in Seattle that will sell all Nissans for $500 under invoice. However after shipping and travel costs to me, it ended up being a bit more than VPP.

In any event, it is NOT impossible to get a deal on the 05s. When I was first interested in the 05 Tacomas I called about 20 dealers and had some of them fighting for my business quoting up to $2000 off before even hitting lots. If everyone did their homework, called plenty of dealers, and just let dealers know that you are willing to buy, but will go elsewhere if need be, then deals are there to be had. Since the 05 Frontier is late to the game, one also has to take into account there is already built in competition.

Anyways, Good Luck and Happy New Year!
  • grandpax3grandpax3 Member Posts: 1
    That seems a bit high sean. I just purchased an 04 Desert Runner with, the value truck package, and mats for 14,947 less tax, and reg. This is from CarsDirect.com., give them a try. I think you can do better.

Grandpax3
  • wvfrontierwvfrontier Member Posts: 9
    05 crew cab LE Auto 4x4

Rocksford

ALBS

Floormats

I wasn't as fortuate to get a VPP package but i had a pretty pleasent experiace with Lewis Nissan, beckley West Virginia. After only 20 minutes of negotiating i got what i think to be a pretty good deal.

Total MSRP $28280

My Total $26500

differance $1780.00

Which is right at what i thought i should be able to negotiate to. So far i've very pleased with my deal and my truck. Good luck and happy dealings.
    anybody know if dealers have any '04 frontiers in stock? cant quite swing the '05, but like the 04's still, Considering I have a trade, cant use carsdirect or similar company,,any v6 4x2 auto or 5sp with atleast Pw/Pl tilt etc,,or will a chevy colorado be better considering GM is known for incentives?
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    I received a call from my local dealer on Sun, Dec 19th, informing me that they had one '04 4x4 crew in stock that was similar to one I had inquired about two months earlier, so I know that new '04s in general are getting pretty rare. If looks do not matter to you then perhaps the Colorado would be easier to find and less maybe $ initially, but it will likely also have a lower resale value because of all those incentives. You might also be able to find barely used '04 4x2s in the next few months as some folks get and act on those "grass is always greener" jitters.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    somebody mentioned no 4cyl available untill march, tonite I stopped by Nissan and out of the few '05 Fronts they had one was a XE 4cyl 5sp, AC, CC, tint, Tilt,bedliner,4whl abs sticker says 18,400, It was unlocked so I hopped in it covered in snow, It looked nice thick comfortable seats, what off MSRP should I consider a fair good deal? It's the only Nissan dealer for about 30 miles, while not crazy about the color (white).w/black door handles. I can't get a clear invoice on this truck Any ideas, thanks Sean
    I got a phone call from a dealer $400.00 over invoice no dealer prep. I ran over there to pick up my new truck. The one I wanted was in the back so I drove the one they had right in front was ready to buy. I told him I want to drive the one I am going to buy. I got one block and turned around howling sound started about 27 mph could not tell if it was the roof rack or a bad wind leak some were else. They are going to try and find it on monday. I am a little worried about buying a truck they have to fix already
  • sigsauersigsauer Member Posts: 35
    picked mine up last fri nite from downtown la motors ; the first one w/ my exact choice of configurations in the northwest regions: white/steel cloth, 6spd, c/c, all option pkgs. easiest purchase ever made on new car - sent an email to the internet mgr offering the price, he excepted, went in and out in 1 hr including waiting around for the truck to be prep'ed. even got the gold security plus pkg for 7 yr/ 100k extended warranty for $1300 (not sure about if this is a good price or not since there's no comparative data available for me).

i was seriously debating b/t the taco and fronty but glad that i went w/ the fronty. best bang for my bucks. so far the truck has been sweet.
  • centralcalcentralcal Member Posts: 215
    Interesting, some people were saying there is no way dealers are coming down off MSRP, what a joke. Sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy and keep the board up to date with any problems.
  • jasong2jasong2 Member Posts: 18
    I bought my 2005 Frontier (Crew Cab SE-V6, 2WD, manual with power package, ABLS, microfilter, floor mats, in storm gray) on Friday 1/7/05. I negotiated for $1100 above TMV on my trade (and above what all others dealers offered) and then got $300 off the MSRP plus some vouchers that I have already used for bed accessories. So, the way I look at it, I got the truck for 22,060 minus $1100 over TMV for the trade and $100 voucher for a grand total of $20860 or $235 below invoice.

Jason
  • badnessbadness Member Posts: 242
    would you say it better too deal with the internet Sales rep ??
  • sigsauersigsauer Member Posts: 35
    it's definitely better to deal w/ the internet mgr. the 2 internet mgrs (in calif) at cornell nissan in costa mesa and downtown la motors are very courteous and very easy to talk to, not pushy at all. i'm sure they will agree to a price at few hundred over invoice if you're serious in purchase. stay away from the pushy salemen unless you want to talk to their sales mgr every other 10 minutes since it seems all they could do is to get their mgr to talk to you each time you throw out a number.
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    More than likely just a part improperly secured or installed backward. It happens, but not necessarily an indicator of mechanical unreliability! Hopefully this little hiccup will be just that..... good luck!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • badnessbadness Member Posts: 242
    Hey thanks for the info.
  • PaulPaul Member Posts: 9
    I have had several issues with Grey-Daniels Nissan North and south in Jackson,MS. i would not recommend them to anyone. I was looking for a 05 Frontier LE CC. Every time I would go by to shop for a new truck I would always get a rude "if you are not buying today I don't have time for you" attitude. I have also had several issues with the service dept. with my 2000 Pathfinder. They felt the need to tell me it needed items that I had replaced weeks earlier.

I ended up driving 90 miles away to buy my 05 Frontier CC LE at Petro Nissan and had a great buying experience. I do not plan on giving Grey-Daniels a penny of my $$$.
  • scape111scape111 Member Posts: 3
    doesn't matter where you go, who you talk to- nissan sets the prices. different dealers have different mark-ups though- when negotiating, try to go to two different dealers, ask to see their invoices from nissan, and ask for prices on local area dealers- they can do this in seconds... they won't let you keep the sheet though, so just bring a pen, write down the prices, and go to the next place- do the same thing. the longer you talk, the closer to that price they'll get. You can pay that price, and they'd still make money. of course, they'll say they won't... all accessories are also marked up- so negotiate on those as well- go to edmunds.com, look at the dealer costs- and don't pay more than 150-200 bucks over that- if they won't sell it to ya, stay and argue longer, if still not, say you are going somewhere else. the next day, you'll get a phone call.
  • wyldcat89wyldcat89 Member Posts: 8
    bought my 05 Frontier Crew Cab 4x2 Nismo at Puyallup Nissan for $600 below invoice at the end of January. Total out the door price was $24,400. The one option I wanted but did not get was the sunroof.. this was due to the fact that I wanted red and the only other 4x2 Nismo in the region with this option was black. I drove 160 miles (2.5 hours) into Washington State from Oregon to pick it up .. had to wait almost 4 HOURS total after arriving at my appointment time! The internet deal was already set up and financing arranged, all I had to do was sign the paperwork and have the truck prepped. Granted they were packed that Saturday night, but I'm dissapointed at their lack of speed to hurry things up. I wasn't the only one there that long, I had two other purchasers ahead of me with similar waits.

In their defense, I did get more on my trade than I thought I would.. no dealers in my area could even touch what they gave me.

All in all though, it was an irritating sale but my truck was worth it.
  • 3tacoma3tacoma Member Posts: 15
    I went by my local dealer today and I told them I wanted bottom line price on a CC,4x4,SE,with the power pack and limited slip. They told me 25,200. This is well over invoice according to Edmonds. Is this a legit price, should I haggle, or go elsewhere? I have heard alot of people on here say they paid invoice or less. Is this true?
  • 3tacoma3tacoma Member Posts: 15
    Well, it's been 3 days and knowbody has posted on here. The prices paid posted on here are invoice or a little over. Is this true? I called my dealer back and he said that the price he gave me was $300 over invoice + $500(which is the advertising and destination fee). I called another dealer in my area and he told me that the $500 is added to all customers (most people don't find this out until they go to the little office where the finance guy is).

For the people who said they are paying invoice, are you getting Edmunds invoice or dealer invoice? If you are getting Edmunds invoice, are you paying the xtra $500 when you go to the little of office with the finance guy?
  • coveredicoveredi Member Posts: 20
    Hey 3Tacoma,

I don't know where you are, but the prices offered in the St. Louis area are right at Invoice. Around here you'd get that truck for about $24,400.

I just bought almost the same truck, but with Manual, Power, no limited slip though, and had them install a hitch, and paid $23167, which is invoice without the hitch addeed.

Are you dealing with their internet sales guys? Around here they simply start out at invoice.
  • centralcalcentralcal Member Posts: 215
    Edmunds shows the destination charge (I think it was $540) in the invoice pricing, that is what I paid is $400 over the bottom line shown on Edmunds. I thought of this as part of the price of getting the truck (actually if you have ever had a car transported cross country, that is really cheap).

However, it sounds like you are talking about a seperate advertising fee that the dealer is trying to add on, I wouldn't accept it, that is there problem, not yours.