Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gregaudia6gregaudia6 Member Posts: 7
    I have the Amaretto with Oyster Grey - very rich interior, not too orange - remember you sit in the car - looking thru the windows (tinted) at first appeared oranger but not when you sit in the car - the best color combo (imho) of all the available interiors for the 2005 A6 - I absolutely love this car - voice recognition is great, keyless a must - NAV - bluetooth with Cellular ONE. motorola v551 (no problems in chiagoland)
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    I spoke to a dealer today. I have one months payment left on my 02' A6 3.0
    My payment is $499 + tax. I am over by about 2500 miles now with a month and a half to go on lease @ .20c/mile (roughly $500 dollars right not). The dealer offered to buy my car which means the overage mile charge goes away, my last payment of $499 goes away and I can get into a new A6 3.2 w/ the following options:

Black Car w/ Amaretto Interior
    Premium Pkg
    Luxury Pkg
    Convenience Group
    18" wheels (not sport pkg but only wheels)
    Cold Weather Pkg (which I don't care about in Florida)
    Keyless Start (I think it's called Smart Key)

Basically, the car lists for $50,900

He told me come up with $1500 including everything at start (1rst payment, tax, etc). It is a 36 month lease so 35 remaining payments of $640 + tax. This includes 15K miles a year. But he told me it's a purchase option deal. It's not a lease...I've never heard of this type of deal before but he told me there would be not dispositon at lease end; also, because I'm actually trading my car in, there would be a huge discount on tax for new vehicle. I could buy the new car after the 36 months are up for like $27K or walk away and lease/purchase is over. Has anybody out there heard of this kind of deal before. I always get scared with anything that smells of a "balloon" payment at the end. Also, I am saving the money up front because of the over miles and last payment. He is basically ending my lease a month early. He told me he's giving me about $4000 dollars off the new car ( I think that includes my $1500 loyalty reduction for being a current Audi lessor). If you have an y information on this type of deal or if this sounds like a good deal let me know ASAP as loyalty runs out in a few days and I might have to act on this sooner than later. Thanks in advance,

DBW

Also, if this car lists for about $51,000, would I be able to do the same kind of a deal on an A6 4.2 with little equipment because w/ very little extra equipment, the 4.2 lists for around $51,000...The only thing I really care about is Xenon Headlamps which come standard on 4.2 and the keyless start system. Shouldn't the same price work and is it worth it to get a 4.2 for the same money as a more loaded up 3.2?
    I think I got a great deal:

2005 A6 3.2 Quattro
    Premium Package
    Convenience Package
    DVD Navigation System
    Advanced Key
    Voice Command
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Premium Leather (Amaretto)
    Brilliant Black Exterior
    18" Wheels

List price on car was $51,770

Leased it for:
    Total due at start including 1st month, tax,tag complete out of pocket of $1,500
    36 month lease w/ an allowance of 15K miles annually
    35 remaining payments of $625 + tax

Picking the car up tomorrow...YEAH
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Bondguy,

I missed it, what was your OTD price? You mentioned MSRP, but didn't tell the total you negotiated...

Congrats on the car, I'm sure you're going to love it.
    The price I leased the car at was $48,001. Almost a four thousand dollar savings off of list. I wasn' t sure about getting Brilliant Black outside or the really dark blue color (both with Amaretto inside) but I went with the Black. This deal I got was better than three other dealers quoted me on a much less equipped car. Cars without Satellite Radio, Navigation and no voice command and standard 17" wheels were quoted to me with same money due at start of $650+tax.
    Sounds like a really good deal. Congrats! The black looks really nice, especially in the sun.
  • jeqqjeqq Member Posts: 221
    Sounds good to me. I was one of the earlier buyers/leasers and I had a pretty good deal. Yours is even a little sweeter. I had 2 months rebated on my previous Audi lease, which helped sweeten the pot.

It looks likes Audi Financial moved around the resids and money factor. Do you know what they are?
  • rangerwalkerrangerwalker Member Posts: 18
    Audi is apparently now offering much better terms - but doing it quietly. I haven't seen any ads for special lease rates, but I am seeing new A6s everywhere around here (NJ-NYC). I saw 3 this morning, all with the dealer temporary plates, within 1/2 mile.
    Your deal sounds excellent - that included the $1,500 owner loyalty?
    Yes. That did include the loyalty. I had a deal for a car with similar equipment from a closer dealer to my house where I leased my current 02 A6 from but it had the full sports package, no voice command, no navigation and no sirius satellite radio. He wanted w/ $1,500 at start 619/month. I have one $499 payment left on my current car but I am over miles by 2500 @ 20cents/mile. I told him to eat the mileage charge and I would cover the last payment. He said he was already at a zero deal (I feel sooooo sorry that car dealers aren't making any money.heh,heh,heh). I told him I would look to do business elsewhere. He told me nobody's going to do that deal. Well, apparently, he was wrong. They offered me w/ $1,500 at start $604/month or with $1,000 at start, $619. I figured this $500 would cover my miles. Then he told me about the car I am getting for only $20 more a month on lease with a retail list price of $2,200 more car. Sounded good to me. And, all this was done on the telephone...never been to that dealership before. I thing with Infinity and Lexus and some other newer models coming out, Audi will have to get more competitive. Can't wait to drive this new bad boy...wish it were the 4.2 but maybe next lease!!!
    This car is great. I only took it on a short test drive and never really opened it up. I picked mine up yesterday. First of all, the Amaretto interior is really rich looking. Paired w/ the black exterior it's a great combination. Even the sound of the exhaust when you step on the gas is different than my 02' Audi 3.0. Maybe it's the dual exaust. I never drove the 4.2 but it must be an incredible drive. I also never had quattro on my last car and this one corners like it's on rails. What a car!!!
  • marleybarrmarleybarr Member Posts: 334
    I think you did get a good deal... in today's Minneapolis paper: 2005 A6 3.2, MSRP of $48,870. 36 Month lease of $553.00/mo. + tax. Downpayment of $5178.00 PLUS tax,title, and unspecified dealer fees. Includes Premium, cold weather,convenience,parktronic,18" wheels,destination charges. Purchase option at lease end: $27,367. .25 per mile over 10,000 miles per year. Disposition fee of $350.00 at lease end.
  • dplushdplush Member Posts: 9
    I am about to lease a 2005 A6 3.2 and have a few dealerships that have the car I want (Black with Amaretto) with very similar options. The only thing I am concerned about is the wheels, one has the 17 inch all season and the other has the 18 inch all season. The dealer with the 17 inch wheels is telling me they are better in slippery conditions (snow, ice, rain, etc...). Is there any truth to this? Is there a different feel to the car with the different size wheels? Thanks...
    I got the same color and car you are looking at as you'll see in my previous posts. I got the 18" wheels. They look absolutely great on the car. The only downside to 18" over 17" is when it comes time to replace them they are a lot more money. I noticed in some areas, the 3.2's w/ 18" wheels come with Continental tires. Mine came with Michelin Pilots (much better tread). The 18" wheels will ride a little rougher though.
  • newaudilovernewaudilover Member Posts: 23
    I also think I got a great deal today. The money factor is extremely low right now at .00125 for the 3.2 which equates to about 2.9% interest. (I think BMW also has about the same rate right now on some of their 5 series) They are not advertising this indeed because I was actually allowed to sit behind the managers desk and watched him enter the numbers into his little computer and even he was amazed at the way the numbers were crunching out. Here was my deal:

2005 A6 3.2 Quattro
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Convenience Package
    DVD Navigation System
    Voice Command
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Glacier White
    With Beige Interior

List price on car was $50,270

Total due at start including 1st month, tax,complete out of pocket of $3,000 which includes Arizonas' extremely high tags (which are about $800 of that total down) and I am not eligible for the $1500 loyalty program (if it was available) since I am a first time Audi buyer.
    36 month lease w/ an allowance of 15K miles annually
    35 remaining payments of $610 + tax

These guys were first rate with absolutely NO pressure because they know they have a great product which can sell itself.

Time to look at one of these if you want a world class car and world class lease.
    Sounds like a great deal. You're car is almost identical to mine. The only thing other than my color is I have Premium Leather and I have advanced key feature. I also didn't get sport package but just the 18" wheels. I don't know what money factor they used for rate but mine listed at $51,770 (leased it at $48,001). I think that's where the wheeling and dealing comes into play, with the cap cost of car or " how much discount they give you". This is my second Audi and yes, you probably will get another one for your next lease. They are great cars and you picked a great year to get one. Best of luck. Enjoy you new wheels.
  • moimemoime Member Posts: 1
    any idea on what a 4.2 goes for on lease? How do you like your 4.2?
  • hintzhintz Member Posts: 71
    I got an invitation today from a local audi dealer that is offering employee pricing to present and future customers. This sounds to good to be true. Event dates are friday and saturday. Mmm?
  • montclair_guymontclair_guy Member Posts: 1
    Good Morning,

First time post, but avid reader. Been talking to a local dealer about leasing his demo A6 with about 2500 miles on the vehicle.
    Here are the terms:
    36 mos. with 12k per year @ $495.00 plus tax. This includes them buyng my A4 for $16,500 with about $10,000 owiing and the remaining monies go towards the car.
    Here is what the A6 has: it is silver with Ebony, Premium, Nav, Conv, 17”, and Cold pkg.
    Being told that getting the car at $1000.00 below invoice and $1,500.00 loyalty being applied to the lease.
    I know they say put as little down as possible, but need to keep payments as close to $500.00 as possible.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

WP
    Sounds to me like they are trying to capitalize on the popularity of the General Motors offer and I don't think they have an employee price structure set up. Also, is it true that there is no holdback on an Audi? If so, and I buy at what Edmunds calls "invoice price", then is the only money they are making on me through the back end in finance? They have to make other money somewhere, don't they?
  • kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    Great car. I bought the car so I can't give you any info. on a lease.
  • moose0866moose0866 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am about ready to pull the trigger on purchasing a 2005 A6. I have been negotiating with several area dealers and have gotten one down to $48, 063 on the following vehicle. This is his final offer - please tell me what you think. Am I getting a good deal? Based on everything I know, it looks pretty good to me.

Exterior: Light Silver metallic
    Interior: Platinum leather

Premium package
    Convenience package
    Cold weather package
    Advanced key
    DVD navigation
    18 inch 7 spoke alloy wheels
    Parktronic rear
    Sirius satellite radio
    Its a pretty good deal if its a 3.2 (awesome deal if a 4.2!). See if you can get him to promise you the free upgrade to the nav when it comes out in August.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the feedback - and the suggestion about the NAV, I did not know that an upgrade was coming...
    It is a 3.2, would love if I could get the 4.2 for $48K!! :D
  • halofanhalofan Member Posts: 37
    That's a very good deal, buy it.
  • gojpricegojprice Member Posts: 1
    I am about to ink a deal on a 06 A6... Can any one help me with price advice. E.g., what % off of MSRP and/or how many $ above invoice should I be asking for; or should settle for.

Any advice to cure my nervousness would help.

Located in north east MA/NH area
    yea...get an 05'...it's cheaper!
  • canreda6canreda6 Member Posts: 2
    Got my A6 two weeks ago on June 30. Shopped the usual cars, M35, GS, RL.

My deal was:

Canyon Red 3.2, Convenience, Premium, Cold, Advanced Key, 18 " wheels, Premium Leather (Cream Beige). I think that was it.

MSRP $52120
    Price: $47271 + Taxes, Tags, Wheel/Tire Insurance= $49,800
    No money down
    $725/mo
    Residual value $27500

I went dealer to dealer, and actually haggled them down since the Red is not popular, but everyone compliments me on it and it looks great especially under fluorescent lights at work garage.

Wish I had voice recognition and TPMS. I gotta think you can add them, but I asked Service Manager who talked to mechanic and he said NO, something about fiber optic connections and voice would require another one and another computer. Sounds like hooey.
    Was this a lease or purchase? I think you leased...if so, how many months is lease and how many miles are you allowed? Also, some dealers are working deals on that creme beige leather interior because Audi stopped making it around February or March of this year. I saw a car in local showroom about a month ago in Miami with same exterior/interior color combination. The car was made in February. It was on showroom floor. Be careful with the seats as they look awesome ( I like them better than the color I got but I have 3 kids and they would have made it a black color interior in no time...the one in the showroom had blue spots on it like from blue jeans had worn off on it from people sitting in the car...I bet they would offer a great deal on that car). Price you paid sounds great!!! What does TPMS stand for?
  • fourringsfourrings Member Posts: 12
    2006 3.2 A6 Oyster Gray
    Amaretto
    Advance Key
    Navigation
    Parktronic
    18" Wheels
    Premium Leather
    Cold Weather Package
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    XM Radio

MSRP $52820 Paid $49622 Drive Off $4448 Monthly $674+ tax 36 mos. 15k annual miles

Don't know if that's a good deal and if it's not what can i do. Car's great.
  • chef_jmrchef_jmr Member Posts: 41
    Are you sure it's an '06??? I ask this because the "Convenience Package" is no longer offered on the '06s and many of the options are included in the new "Technology Package". I don't think the '06s are arriving for another 2-3 weeks (per my dealer in No. California).

I think you are getting a deal on an '05. Bargain more as they are trying to clear the lots!!!
    I'm sorry it's a 2005. Do you think that's still not a good deal ?
    I'm no expert at lease deals, but from what I've read here on Edmunds, I've seen slightly better. Your car is exactly how I plan to option-out my A6 this Fall (exterior color change, though). The Amaretto is sooooo gorgeous, I might special order an Arctic White with Amaretto (+$900).

You should search this forum for other's lease deals (look for "markcincinnati" posts, he's got much experience dealing with Audi...)

I would try to get as close to invoice as you can, since Audi is moving into the '06s... Check the pricing here on Edmunds, then add to the invoice what you think would be a fair "profit" for the dealer ($.02 or $500, see what happens :P ). Your options and colors are very popular, so don't wait too long to pick it up... ;)
    Actually i already have the car. Love the interior. This my second Audi and the A6 is so much better than the car i traded in(A4).One thing i noticed though oyster gray looks really nice in the shade but it when it's sitting out in the sun, it turns purple.My car was in the showroom and i did not notice it. I wanted silver but the only silvers they have was with platinum interior which i did not like and one without the options i wanted. Have you thought about atlas gray with amaretto ? That would look really nice !
  • canreda6canreda6 Member Posts: 2
    It is called Premier Purchase. I can purchase the car at any time without penalty, my name is on the registration. The rate was 3.85%. It is similar to lease in the way they charge finance it seems like. Finance charge is on the sale price and the residual, as far as I can tell.

It is 15K miles a year for 36 months.

Yeah the color is making me paranoid, but at least it has black on dash and most of the door panels.

TPMS = Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Still nice to drive away with no money down and have a fairly low monthly payment.
    I have considered the Atlas Grey w/ Amaretto, I'm waiting to see one on the lot before making my final decision. I have done the silver "route" and it's time to move on now that 80% of the cars in San Francisco seem to be silver!

Congrats on the purchase! I can't wait to join the Audi owner's circle!
    Same here. Had 2 silvers and my last car was crystal blue. Light colors are easier to maintain. I saw an atlas gray allroad at the dealership, i think that color would like nicer on the A6 compared to white. I'm from the east bay( Walnut Creek).
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Atlas Grey will be available as an 06 color choice for the A6.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter hopes to interview recent VW or Audi model buyers aged 30-40 who are first time buyers of a VW Group car and willing to discuss their profession/income; and recent VW or Audi buyers aged 30-40 who are repeat buyers of the brand and willing to discuss their profession/income. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Wednesday, July 20, 2005, and provide your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ilaudiilaudi Member Posts: 1
    2005 3.2 A6 Night Blue
    Amaretto
    Navigation
    Parktronic
    18" Wheels
    Premium Leather
    Cold Weather Package
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    XM Radio

MSRP $51920 + negative balance of $2100 on trade-in (I owe more than they are willing to pay)
    Offer:
    $2600 total out of pocket (includes 1st month payment, acquisition, and IL tax)
    $650/mo for 35

Is this a good deal? Thanks.
  • newaudilovernewaudilover Member Posts: 23
    The vehicle you mention is fairly similar to mine except the Parktronic and Cold Weather Package. I was not upside down on my trade and I am paying $650 including tax with 3K down. I think this is a pretty good deal.
  • EdsotoEdsoto Member Posts: 42
    the residual value when starting a new lease and when your lease is up?
  • fredsklfredskl Member Posts: 1
    What do our learned group think of the lease offered by Audi for the 2005 A6 3.2L listed below? Only 10K miles allowed per year but I never drive over that amount. Lease offer ends 9/6/05. Probably trying to move out the 2005s. I also noted the $1000 marketing support by Audi on this same model.

$569 Monthly Payment
    36 Month Term
    $1999 Down Payment
    $575 Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease based on 2005 Audi A6 3.2 quattro with automatic transmission, premium package, convenience package, cold weather package, 17" alloy wheels, NE or CA emissions.
    Comments $3943 due at signing. Incentives may vary; see your local dealer for details. Tax, tags and insurance are extra.
  • audiprospectaudiprospect Member Posts: 3
    Hi -

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2005 A6 lease. I have no trade-in. My dealer "ran the numbers" for a 3.2 and a 4.2. I assume they are trying to move the last of the 05s. Here are the basics:

For both the 3.2 and the 4.2:
    - Silver w/black interior
    - Convenience and Tech. Pacakges (DVD Nav. and Sirius)
    - 18 inch alloy wheels

I asked them to run the numbers based on $3,000 drive-off including all taxes, fees and first months payment included...

I asked for a 36 month lease and 12,000 miles per year...

They came back with $630 on the 3.2 and $760 on the 4.2.

Can I do better? What is the best I can expect for these leases? I would like to get this done this weekend. I LOVE the A6. Is the 4.2 THAT much better?

Thanks!
    Did this price include the Premium Package? You call it the Tech Package but there isn't one in 05'. I think you just mean NAV & Sirius.
    Also, is that plus tax a month or including tax?
    I leaased back in May and heres what I got.
    Black Car w/ Amaretto Inside
    Premium Leather
    Advanced Key
    Premium Package
    Convenience Package
    18" Wheels (not sport package)
    NAV
    Sirius Radio
    Voice Command

Car stickered at $51,770
    I had loyalty of $1500 dollars applied for previous Audi Lessee.
    I gave them a check for $1,500 including first month, all taxes and tag. Nothing else due. I get 15000 miles annually (1250/month) and 36 month lease. 35 remaining payments of $625 month plus tax...without the NAV,SIrius and voice command it would have been $607 month plus tax. That was back in May so I would think your dealer should do better than the deal they're giving you today. Just make sure you get an 05' as all maintenance is included and from what I have heard, it's not the same coverage anymore on the 06'. Hope this helps. If you're in Florida and want the name of my dealer just let me know. By the way, my cap cost or "the price I leased the car at" was $48,000 even. Make sure you compare this price when shopping and never just compare payments. The dealers love a payment buyer because for some reason, I've found they find some way to make more money on you by screwing around with the deal when all you talk about is payments.
    Thank you for the insight. It is very much appreciated.

YES. My package included the premium package and was basically the same package as you list above.

When you say "$625 per month plus tax." What is the added tax payment per month? I want to make sure I understand exactly what I will be paying each month for the next 35 months.

Yes. I would love to know the dealer that you dealt with.

Also - Do you have any insight on what people are paying for the A6 4.2? If I can get a good deal, I would like to step up to the 4.2. I really like the extra power.

Thanks again. I really appreciate the insight!!!
    I think that the 4.2 comes with a lot of stuff standard that is extra on the 3.2. I think the Premium package is standard. The problem is finding a stripped 4.2 that will be close to a loaded 3.2 price. Most of the cars are loaded and get up to about 58-60K in price.
    The dealer I leased from is Braman Motorcars in West Palm Beach. Deal with the manager only and tell him I sent you (Dean). When you drive the car, test drive it in the "S" mode too. I didn't even know about the Sport mode until I saw people talking it about it on this site. It is much quicker feeling due to the way in "S" the car shifts. It feels like an entirely different car. My tax in my county is 6%. Hope this helps and get the Advanced Key if you can...not so much for starting and stopping the car but for convenience when you open your doors from the outside, it's great to not have to fumble for keys.
    Great. Thanks. This really helps. I will check out the S-mode. So you pay 6% on top of the $625 per month? So you pay $662.5 total per month? Just want to make sure I am dealing with an apples to apples comparison.

The 4.2 does come with standard stuff...

Just wanted to know if $3,000 drive off and $730 per month (taxes included) all in is a good deal on the 4.2 with pretty much all the standard options that come with a "loaded" 3.2.

Basically, I am paying for the added horse-power...which is fine. I don't mind that. But I wanted to see if for $3,000 drive off, I can do better than $730 per month (taxes included)....
    Also, I don't know why but for some reason, if you go to AudiUSA website and search special offers, the Atlanta area always seems to have better deals than South Florida area and most other areas as well. A few months ago, you could lease an A8 L body with 0 (absolutely nothing due at inception) for $999/month plus tax. Other dealers in my area were offering the non L body for $829/month with about $5,000 total due at start. Jim Ellis Audi in Atlanta is a huge dealer for Audi and there was a lady sales manager I was working with who knew her stuff. Also, you may want to inquire about a Premiere Purchase ( I think that's what it's called) where it's a purchase that works like a lease but no fee at the end. There are other advantages too. Check it out.
    Not a good deal at all...way too much payment for that equipment...see one of my earlier posts (I think I put one up within the last 3 days) regarding payment. I have same 15000/year and put up total of $1500 at start including tax,tag and everythin including 1st payment. 35 remaining payments of $662 including 6% sales tax. My car stickered at $51,770 and purchased or leased at $48,000. I also did that in mid May...deals should be much better now. Don't do that deal.