Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mercutio11mercutio11 Member Posts: 2
    Did any one get finance w/ incentive? how much rate did you get? I have negotiated for an A6 and they offered me 5.9% APR. I know that Audi offers 2.9% APR for special but audi dealer told me that i can't get both, which are manufacture incentive and special rate for finance.

Now, they called me and said they can't even give me the 5.9%. At least they need to get 6.9%. Are they just playing w/ me or what? I'm wondering what's the best rate you can get?

Thanks
  • mercutio11mercutio11 Member Posts: 2
    I forgot to add one more thing..
    I got $9,540 off from MSRP..
  • sfcharliesfcharlie Member Posts: 402
    "Personally I would never buy and Audi with out a warranty and I'm sure otheres here on this forum would agree. Maintenance is very expensive and and out of warranty service is EXTREMELY expensive."

Would you buy any luxury performance sedan w/o a warranty?
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    Excellent point!
  • theomtheom Member Posts: 2
    I've been reading this forum for a while now, it's been very helpful and I'd like to add my experience. I just picked up an '06 4.2 from Audi of Alexandria in VA, with tech and cold weather packages, 18" wheels, and heated steering wheel. I called them and over the phone they said $5000 off invoice. In the store, it was $6000 off and they threw in valet service. They weren't going to combine that with the low financing. In contrast, Tyson's Audi had a similar car with 4700 miles that they were asking about the same price for (mine had 78 when I test drove it). By the way, the '06s have maintenance for 4 years, while the '07s have 1 year. If you want the 4 years on an '07, it's $550.
  • fisher54188fisher54188 Member Posts: 25
    Not too bad for 4 year. It's only $140 per year. :)
    I certanily wish I can get $9300 off MSRP, that will be wonderful! ;)
  • wbwynnwbwynn Member Posts: 246
    Technically, the maintenance plan for $550 kicks in after the free first service at 5000 miles. The 07' does offer some nice changes too.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Are you sure about the '06s coming with 4 years free maintenance at this time of the year? I read somewhere recently that Audi dropped that program around April, but I will admit I have not verified that with a dealer.

Also, what are the changes you like for the '07s?
  • bbydadbbydad Member Posts: 58
    maintenance is included for all model 2006s no matter when you buy it. I was almost going to get an 06 in July and it was included. I am also waiting for the 07 -- what are the changes that are significant? I've heard that it is harder to get individual options -- things come more as large packages....
    I am very sure that all 2006s get the maintenance; it helps them move the inventory....my dealer said it was included back in June when I was looking at 06s. I do think that the deals on the 06s are really good now, especially with the maintenance.

2007s have new rear camera and back up system that is very nice. Electronic steering wheel adjustment is new, and the former Premium pkg is now standard on the A6.
  • truethattruethat Member Posts: 123
    I must thank you.
    You did help me A LOT!!

I signed the deal on Saturday.
    Same dealer as you.
    MSRP is $50,990. I tried hard to get it at $41,500 but the
    fact that they had to bring in the car from NJ probably
    hurt me a little (I really wanted a NAV and all the nearby
    dealers had no NAV ones). I was starting to really annoy
    the manager, lol~
    In the end, it was $42,000 even. (pre- tax and reg. fee)
    I guess that's 8,990 off MSRP.

Oyster Gray + Titanium interior,
    Sunroof pkg, Premium pkg, XM radio, NAV

I'm not crazy about the color (I had little choice), but
    I'm extremely happy with the deal. :shades:

So, once again, Thank you bigblock66.

I saw at least 10 3.2 Quattros still around in the dealer's
    database, you can probably get it at $40,000, you should
    run and grab one.
  • newbuynewbuy Member Posts: 5
    I have seen posting from people about buying the 2006 Audi A6 for ~9000 less than MSRP. I live in CT and my local dealer is offering one at ~7200 less than MSRP (sunroof, premium, Nav, heater steering, 18" tires). Does anyone have experience in getting a better price in CT/NY/NJ area ?
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Look at the post above yours...
    I'm sorry to report that the deal i posted did not
    happen in the end. The dealer in NJ failed to update
    the database of his current stock promptly, and sold
    the car to someone else. :mad: I was so angry, I
    almost made a deal on an acura RL.

Nonetheless, I think the price I posted is very valid
    for anyone who can find the car for the spec.

In the end, I had to change to A6 4.2Quattro.
    Much more car and yet another awesome deal I
    couldn't refuse. Following are the details.

2006 A6 4.2 Quattro
    MSRP $60,190 / Final price $50,000
    Technology Pkg.
    Cold Weather Pkg.
    18" tires
    Heated Steering Wheels
    Power side/rear sunshades

Invoice is $55,466 (I might be a little off here)
    Incentive is $6,000 (As you already know)
    So I basically paid $534 over invoice.

There were obviously features that I did not want,
    but I'm pretty sure this is one of the very few
    A6's left on any lot in the Northeast.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that the color is Silver ext. /
    Black int (which is what I wanted all along :shades: ).
    BTW, in case you couldn't tell, I'm so shocked that I got
    such a good deal. More than $10,000 off MSRP just for
    waiting it out for a few months.

My friend got a 3.2 at the beginning of this year and
    paid more than i did!!
    Hi Truehat,

Was this at the same dealer in RI? How many days after you put the deposit did you find out that the car wasn't available.
    Has anyone else had a similar experience ?
    I recently put a deposit down at the same dealer for an A6. They are getting it from another dealer in MA. I am supposed to pick it up next week. Wondering if I need to do something special to ensure that I do get the car.
    Hi newbuy,

Well, I honestly don't know how to ensure that the car is actually coming. I honestly thought that deposit and signature ensured everything (and it should have!), but I was proven wrong.

My case has got to be unique. I signed the deal on saturday after other dealers closed. The dealer in RI found the mishap on monday morning.

So, my guess is that your deal is good since you probably did not hear anything from the dealer so far. (I'm guessing maybe you already picked up the car~ lol)

I got a call on monday that the car actually arrived. (Thank goodness!) I'm picking up the car on thursday (I have to take care of insurance/parking situation).

Anywho, I hope you got a good price.
    Maybe I'll run into you at the dealer? :shades:
    Thanks Truehat. You helped me a lot.

I picked up the car today.

2006 Audi A6 Quattro with premium, sunroof, nav, wood/leather steering, rear shades.

MSRP 51,530 I paid $8800 less.

Same dealer (Inskip RI). Great service. Couldn't have been happier.
    Whoa!

I picked up my car today(well, yesterday now), too!
    I guess we just missed each other.
    Congratulations on your car!
    I'm very very happy with mine, too.
  • dkla76dkla76 Member Posts: 41
    Guys, Im in So CAL and looking to get the same deals like u guys. 9000 off MSRP. I wonder if any of the dealers have the 06s in stock anymore. if so, is the dealer 6000 cash still valid?

also, did any of you get the 9000 off msrp PLUS the special financing rate incentive?

if i do find a car 3.2 CVT (fwd) that has only sunroof options, you think i can still bargain for 9000 off msrp?
    That means its gonna be ~$34000.

thanks.
    ps. i hope im not too late in this...
    I doubt they'd sell an A6 for that price (I may be wrong...). That would mean they're releasing an A6 for cheaper than they're selling most of the A4's...
    have u read the posts from others who got 9000 off msrp?
    Yes. Have you? They were fully loaded 3.2's selling MSRP in the $50's. I wish you luck finding a CVT bare-bones for $9K off. You asked our opinion and I have given mine...
    i was right. just picked up 06 CVT with premium and sunroof ($4000 in option).
    MSRP was $45540. Got $9500 OFF MSRP, total price was $35,990.

awesome car for killer price.
    just wish i had gotten the audi special financing rate.
  • kenj9kenj9 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a loaded 2007 A6 3.2 from Carlsen Audi in Palo Alto, CA for dealer invoice price. Very fast process via Edmunds quote request. Apparently they had received 4 truckloads of Audis the day before so needed to unload them at what appears to be a good deal. I was a little disappointed to find out that I had to pay somewhat hidden $190 prep fee and $300 Bay Area advertising fees which I'm told are mandatory for every Audi in this area and no one gets away without it. I'd be interested to hear from others if this is true. Anyway, even if this meant the deal is considered $490 over dealer invoice, that seems like a pretty good deal. Other dealers offered $1000 over invoice though not sure if they would also later add ad and prep fees since I didn't get further in those discussions. Hope this is helpful.
  • kindzcarkindzcar Member Posts: 29
    KENJ9

What was the final cost of your car?

Thanx
  • kenj9kenj9 Member Posts: 2
    $51,840 inlcuding the $300 Ad fee and $195 prep I mentioned. Options below
    Technology Package
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Segmented Steering Wheel w/Shift Paddles
    Cold Weather Package
    Power Rear and Manual Rear Side Window Sunshades
    I paid $400 over invoice with no Ad fee in the numbers for my 2007 A6 Avant which was an ordered car.I thought that was a good deal and seems very close to yours
  • esotericaesoterica Member Posts: 1
    dkla76, do you mind telling us what dealer you got this deal at?
  • pearlpearl Member Posts: 336
    Anyone tried it yet? Comments?
  • tonyev1tonyev1 Member Posts: 4
    I LIVE IN NORTHERN N.J. AND PRESENTLY DEALING WITH 2 DEALERS FOR THIS VEHICLE. THEY BOTH HAVE THE EXACT COLOR AND OPTIONS THAT I WANT.ASKING 23,000(BOTH).OVER THE PHONE, I HAVE NEGOTIATED DOWN TO 22,000 (BOTH). EDMUNDS TMV DEALER RETAIL IS 22,545 AND 24,836 CERTIFIED.KBB IS APPROX. 2000 MORE.PLANNING ON VISITING BOTH IN 3 DAYS. WHAT SHOULD BE MY GOAL? NO TRADE-IN , NO FINANCING, ALL CASH.OH YEAH- MILEAGE IS 27700 AT ONE, 29300 THE OTHER.
  • rosie108rosie108 Member Posts: 17
    wbwynn - can you tell me where you purchased this car?
    Flow Audi in Winston-Salem, NC
  • whinnywhinny Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at a 2005.5 (ie 2006) A6 3.2 Quattro CPO with just under 30k miles, Nav, Premium Package (sunroof, Bose, bi-xenon headlights) Cold weather package (ski sack, heated seats), 18" wheels. Tires in good shape. Looks to be in excellent shape. CPO warranty adds 2 years to the existing 2 or so years on the factory warranty and would have 70k miles versus 50 if new. Asking approx. $39,000. Is this a good deal? Fair deal? Great deal? Any word on Audi incentives on remaining 2006 new cars?
    It's a good deal, assuming the car hasn't been in any accidents and the repair service record is clear. It's not great but certainly pretty good.

Good luck!
  • incognito1incognito1 Member Posts: 13
    I think you can negotiate it down further.
    I got mine with amerto,segmented stearing,paddle shifters,technology package on top of everything you are getting with 9k miles(CPO ofcourse) for 44k including taxes and doc fees. oh yeah and i got 1000 dollars(within the 44k) worth of after markets on it(3M bra and ultrashield interior and paint coating)

I don't know about you but I feel the car is too big for me and want to get rid of it already after owning it for 2 months.
    What part of the country are you in?
    I am in Arizona.
    I was hoping you were closer. Thought I might swing by since you were thinking of getting rid of it. But its a good ways to travel...
    Yeah. that would have worked for the both of us. In any event I would suggest you shont pay more than 35-36 for it.
    By the way, where are you located?
    If you are willing to come by, I can take a loss on the car.
  • allagarooallagaroo Member Posts: 88
    00027 is MF and the res. is 47% for 15,000 miles and 49% for 12000. If you opt for Audi care for $550 res. goes up a point to 50%-No brainer!!!!!!! $2500 owners loyalty rebate.
    Ordered a '07 A6 3,2Q Black/Black
    premium
    convenience
    technology
    18" wheels w/245/40 18" all seasons
    heated steering wheel
    MSRP 55120
    cap cost 52123 -invoice $50853+profit $600+ adv. etc.$670
    bank fee inc.
    sales tax and tax on rebate upfront
    36 months
    MP $665.25
    Picking up car 2/27 :)
    J
    Congrats! You'll love the car...
    Thanks much! Can't wait to get it except for ice storm were getting in NY now. Even a test for QUATTRO. If it performs like my '03 2.7T I'll be happy with the addition of all the tech gadgets.
    J
    I haven't had much trials of ice down here in TX, but absolutely LOVE driving it in wet weather. It sticks to the road like glue!
  • japhalejaphale Member Posts: 15
    Hi:

What was your selling price on this vehicle?

Jayant
    Hi,
    MSRP 55120
    invoice 50853
    profit 600
    advertising etc. 670
    neg. cost 52123
    plus audicare $550
    J
    Thanks. For a $ 48,500 MSRP, my dealer asking for 776/mth including taxes (zero down, docs/tags, Audi care, 15K/36 mths). I'm in the Boston area and this seems to be excessive. Could you let me know your dealer details at japhale@yahoo.com ?

J
    Sorry, I meant $ 48,500 negotiated price (not MSRP).

J
  • ketobobketobob Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone give me guidance on what I should pay for an '07 A6 4.2 w/ tech. package, s-line w/ 18" wheels, sport seats and ipod integration? Preferably in the Washington DC area, but would be curious what people are paying anywhere. How much above invoice (or below sticker) should I expect to pay? I'm waiting for quotes from a few DC-area dealers, and will be happy to share them once I get them. Thanks.