Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gecko1gecko1 Member Posts: 2
    I live in Salt Lake City and today pricing for a A6 Quatro were about $10,00 to $12,000 below MSRP-should I stick with this when I go and try and purchase the vehicle this weekend? I am paying cash-is this a fair deal???
    gecko1
  • gecko1gecko1 Member Posts: 2
    Yeah-I think it is a fair deal because that is what I was quoted today for a loaded A6 in Utah
    gecko1
  • boston_runnerboston_runner Member Posts: 4
    So you guys are telling me you can get a A6 for $12,000 off MSRP?????????
  • soccerandlostsoccerandlost Member Posts: 50
    Why does anyone ever talk about MSRP? Start with the invoice and work your way down (or, if absolutely necessary, up) from there. MSRP is basically a car maker telling you that this is what they would like to make on the car. Who the hell cares what they would like to make. For the time being at least, we're still in a capitalistic society. The car's worth what the market says it's worth. And that generally has far more to do with how much the dealer had to pay for it than what the manufacturer would like the world to think its cars are worth.
    So how much below invoice can I get for the 08 A6 right now?
  • soccerandlostsoccerandlost Member Posts: 50
    It will probably depend on the model and what options you want. With the '09s eventually hitting the market, the more inventory on the '08, the lower the price. Especially with gas prices, my guess is that the quattros will be priced lower than the CVTs. At least that's been my experience in sunny CA, where there's really no need for the quattro.

For what it's worth, after reviewing the posts on this board I'm starting to think that people talk about MSRP because they like to think the car's worth more. As in "I have a $65k car that I got for $54k." No you don't. You have a $54k car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    At least with MSRP, it's a real number...

Get invoice off of Edmunds or KBB.. then, head to your dealer and have them show you their invoice..

Invoice is whatever the dealer wants it to be... MSRP is MSRP..

Negotiation is a different matter.. but, when someone posts that they got ABC car for $500 over invoice... you still can't be sure what that number means..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I know what the invoce for the car is. The reason I ask is that someone posted they got an offer from the dealer for $12K off MSRP, thats roughly $8000 below invoice. I am wonder if this is what 08 A6 are going for now, thats quite a discount. I know I can get that discount for a MB E350 right now, but I didnt think I can with A6 since there is no factory cash back like the E350 which have a $4000 back offer.

What are you guys getting for offer from dealer for the 08 A6. I was hoping for a 09 A6 with the supercharger, but if the 08 is going for so much less, I might just go for the 08.

Thanks
  • 2000a6biturbo2000a6biturbo Member Posts: 1
    The dealer wants 13,900. The car is in excelent shape one owner 56k miles on it. The bluebook value is about 14,450, but Edmunds TMV says only 11,320. How should i approach this situation in a means of negociating?
  • peterhqlpeterhql Member Posts: 2
    hey guys,
    some help please would be appreciated. hows this sound:
    a6 3.2 quattro
    premium
    tech
    sline
    navigation
    ipod

48000 pretax.
  • kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    Is it an 08 or 09?
  • peterhqlpeterhql Member Posts: 2
    08, dont think 09s will be out for months still.
    Being an 08, I think you can do better. Several posters on the various Audi forums are reporting better deals.
    You can do better, I just bought the same car for $47000 and right after that, got 2 better offer.
  • go_irishgo_irish Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a good deal - where did you purchase the car?
  • dm1212dm1212 Member Posts: 59
    Just purchased a 2005 Audi A6. CPO Ofcourse

51k Miles.
    Oyster Gray.
    Prem Pkg.
    18 Inch Wheels.
    Cold Weather Pkg.
    Rain Sensing Wipers.
    XM Radio.
    All Wheel Drive.
    Ski Sack.
    Xenons.

Paid 22,500.
    Threw on "Pot Hole Insurance." $500.00

Total was around 25,200 with all fees and tax.

Good Deal?

My Question is how much would the Nav cost to install? I saw some "Nav" kits on eBay, but my dealers head mechanic said they can't be installed, nor do they work. He said the nav job would cost 4,000 for them to install the nav, because the whole car needed to "Re-Wired" and I need a new "Shark-Fin" The dealers head mechanic also said that the Ipod adapter can't be installed either on the 2005.

Some Concerns with the Quality of the Car I'm Afraid

First Week Problems:
    Sunroof "Spring" came lose, was out a car 4 days to Fix and Order parts.
    Rear Seatbelt "Plug-in" got sucked up in the retracter.
    Rear Cupholders broken; Did not deploy.
    Front Passenger Seatbelt outlet broke.

I love the way the car drives, the look, the performance, and the AWD.
    Doesn't sound to good of a deal.
    I bought a 2005 last weak from a very respected Audi dealer in Jersey, loaded. 51k miles, which may sound like a lot, but its not considering the CPO warranty.

Paid $22,500
    Did you get the 4.2 or the 3.2?
    I went to the dealer thinking I was going to lease an 09 A4 actually. To my surprise the deal was 399 a month, 4300 down, but a 21k buy out which is ridiculous, because when the lease is up in 3 years you could probably buy the car for 18 or 19. My dealer talked me into the A6, and honestly the 05 A6 drives better then the 09 A4 anyway.
  • pfchenpfchen Member Posts: 2
    Could someone share your most recent 08' A6 purchase or lease price? Thanks.
    The current offer at my dealer was 4900 down, 549 a month if I recall
  • mukvijmukvij Member Posts: 15
    Any recent deals 2008 A6 deals? I am not getting anywhere close to the deals people have reporting in Sep. Most I am seeing is 42+TTL for a premium package 3.2 Q
  • a6_to_m35a6_to_m35 Member Posts: 43
    Ok, as of today 11/18, there are new incentives for old 2008 A6 inventory. It has to be sitting on the lot for at least 90 days.

2500 cash
    3000 old inventory incentive

Plus any loyalty (1500 A4, 2500 A6)

Residual 46%, 12k, 36month, MF .00081

Don't forget most A6's were marked down with a "Value Enhancement Credit" of 5150

We just leased a car originally stickered at 54295 and sold today at 39804 including Audi Care. We paid 7k below current invoice near 46k. We turned in an expiring A4 lease.

The lease was less than 530 per month. A great car and FINALLY an amazing deal....We are BACK from our M35 to A6!

But remember, it is for old inventory only!
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    what was your total driveoff cost "a6 to m35"? Does that $530/mo include tax and if so which state are you in? Is that new incentive published anywhere?

If it was orginally a $54k msrp, I'm assuming it included tech and s line, right?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm looking at an a6 myself, and I'm also about to finish my a4 lease.
  • a6_to_m35a6_to_m35 Member Posts: 43
    The 54k MSRP was BEFORE the "Value Enhancement Credit". Current MSRP is 49100...Drive off was Bank fee, Doc, MV, taxes.

The Dealer was in NJ but the car will be registered in a state that requires taxes to be paid upfront and on the total selling price of the vehicle. A really sucky state for motor vehicles!

NO tech or S line. Just Premium, Nav, Ipod, 18" wheels.

It DOES NOT include tax.

Interestingly enough, I have not seen this incentive posted anywhere. But my dealer went through 75% of his A6 stock by yesterday after this came across his desk...
  • suzyquesuzyque Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering purchasing a 1999 A-6 with low miles from a private seller. The only problem is that the miles are low because the car was sitting for long periods without being driven and the Audi dealer had to do a whole power restore procedure to get the electronics to work properly. In doing a Carfax also found that the car had been in a previous accident (more than 1,000 in body work) and am not sure how to figure this into a fair offer price. I wanted to get the car checked with the local Audi service dept. first, but BEFORE I spend the money and time to do this would like to have an offer in mind. The guy is asking "DEALER RETAIL" price of 7,400 which is what comes up on Edmunds for a "clean" condition for this year and mileage. "Average" Condition on private party comes up about $5,600....but doesn't account for accident, sitting, or the fact that it will need about $2,400 in upcoming service for timing belt, water pump, thermostat, which need to be done soon.....What's a fair figure taking all this into account...I want to pay a price that accounts for the fact that if I need to resell...any buyer will have the same concerns about buying an accident car??? THANKS!!
  • steve777steve777 Member Posts: 41
    May I ask which dealer in NJ?
  • supera68supera68 Member Posts: 4
    I was planning to buy an A4 Avant Prestige but decided to get one of the remaining 08 A6 Avant. It has enhanced premium package with nav, tech, cold weather, AMI. Paid 14,6xx below original MSRP. Audicare and all season floor mats included. Dealer is in NJ.
  • fisherdadfisherdad Member Posts: 8
    If you don't mind, what's the final price (before tax & TTL) you paid for the vehicle? Thanks.
  • fisher54188fisher54188 Member Posts: 25
    Hello Supera...

Would you please share the dealer's name and the price? I'm also looking for either the A4 or the A6 but didn't see any good deal so far...

Thanks a bunch!
  • docrwdocrw Member Posts: 94
    I'm looking at a 2008 avant equipped the same way. Does the nav in the EPP, without the tech package come with the rearview camera?

I'm very close to buying this car, what was your final out the door price?

Thanks
    $42,750 before tax and TTL. This was at Bell Audi in Edison, NJ. Email me for details.
    The backup camera is part of the audi parking system in the tech package
  • fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    Would offer the seller $2500.00 for the car, he would be fortunate to get that! Have had almost 9 years of Audi ownership experience.....believe me when I tell you to buy another brand! Much happier the last 3 years driving Toyota and Mazda.
    Hello Supera.. your email is private :blush:
  • volodosvolodos Member Posts: 7
    I purchased an A6 last August. Since then, I have been driven a loaner car (A4) almost 9 weeks becasue my a6 has been kept by local audi dealer to fix a probelm.

Even if they have spent total 9 weeks to figure out and been trying to resolve the issue the car has, still they have not resolved the issue. Now what can i handle this situation?

I am very skeptical to keep that. In order to evade a lemon law, they have not wanted to release the car before they confirm that the issue is resolved.

This means that I may drive a4 several weeks more.

I am really regretting about purchasing a A6 instead of lexus GS series ( expected better reliability).

the best thing I want is to return and purchase another brand.

Any suggestion for this situation would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton.
    hello Supera, please provide more details, you can email fisher1999@gmail.com
    thanks a bunch! :shades:
    Hi fisher,

Sorry I was busy the past few days. I just sent you mail.
  • fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    Purchased an A6 2.7 T new in 2000 for $42,500.00.

Problems with vehicle:
    1.) air conditioning fitting replaced
    2.) black paint peeled and repainted on side moldings
    3.) alarm system failed and rebuilt
    4.) driver/front passenger window crank assembly replaced
    5.) climate control module replaced
    6.) heater blower motor replaced
    7.) valve cover/cam cover gaskets leaking and replaced
    8.) secondary cooling fan motor burned out and replaced
    9.) turbos cooked and replaced
    10.) 4 sets of front brake rotors replaced
    11.) heat shield broken from exhaust and taken off to prevent rattling
    12.)air bag light sensor on...not repaired
    13.) front bumper upgrade underneath, almost torn off parking under curb stop.
    14.)air conditioning weak on hot summer days....not repaired
    15.) heater motor blower weak on cold winter days.....no further repair`
    16.) front fog light burned out....assembly replaced
    17.) remote key fob has poor distance....battery replaced.....no change

Sold car in 2006 w/ 99,900 miles for $11,500.00.

Would definately return and purchase another brand , if possible. The Audi was a great driving car w/ a fantastic interior and just plain poor mechanics/electrical components. An incredibly complicated vehicle to repair which should not be owned w/o warranty protection. A 3 year lease and return example would be best case situation for this type of automobile.
  • waverly30waverly30 Member Posts: 2
    2008 4.2 with following options
    Sport Suspension 1BE
    Shades 3Y5
    Floor Mats 6MM
    Audi Ipod 7D3
    Audi Lane Assist 7Y2
    Navigation PND
    19" Wheels PQ4

I made $1k deposit for dealer to ship car (he says cost him $400 for 120 miles ) from another out of state dealer and then "found out" it was test drive car with 350 miles! They dropped $1k on price and agree to pay shipping when I complained.

Dealer is quoting $62,330 MSRP Edmunds shows $63.800
    Last offer from dealer $52,800 before tax, etc.

Are the following dealer incentives still in effect from a Nov 18 post on this board?
    Nov 18 A6 incentives
    2500 cash
    3000 old inventory incentive
    5150 value incentive credit
    If so, I calculate his costs (invoice-incentives) at $48,861

Should a test drive car get an additional discount?
    Should I pay any other compensation for him getting it from another dealer?

PS:
    Dealer is listing almost identical but <10 mile car ($2k fewer options but wrong color) for $49.9k Retail on Internet
    I have no connection with the dealer, but a dealer posted on the Audiworld forum, of which I am a member, a 2008 A6 4.2 for more than $15,000 off of MSRP. Here is the link link title
  • waverly30waverly30 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I knew there was some wiggle room in their numbers.
  • larchmontlarchmont Member Posts: 1
    I just started shopping around and was wondering what a doos lease price is for the 3.0 Quattro with navigation and premier plus package was?

I would like to have drive off fee's only.

Please help
  • bradleyebradleye Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2006 A6 lease that is expiring. Presently pay $567/mo incl taxes (basic model: 3.2 engine, 12k mi/yr, no navigation, no sat radio). My goal was to pay nothing down and same payment for a similar basic 2009 A6 lease. Given economy I thought this would be achievable, but dealer was unwilling to consider despite my offer to do the deal on the spot.

Any recent So FL A6 lease experiences anyone can share?
  • bradsaudibradsaudi Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to buy a 2006 A6 with TipTronic and the following options.

WB6 - Sunroof Package
    PPX - Premium Package
    PAW - Cold Weather Package
    QU0 - XM Satellite Radio
    2ZM - Heated steering wheel

With around 25-40k Miles
    According to Edmunds with those options and clean condition
    Dealer Retail
    25k Miles - $25,368, CPO - $27,855
    40k Miles - $24,372, CPO - $26,825

What do you think though? This would be my first dealer purchased car so I don't want to get taken. I was thinking with 30k miles and CPO around $23,500?

Thanks in advance!
  • bradsaudibradsaudi Member Posts: 3
    We bought an A6 2004 2.7T S-Line 32,500 Miles, Cold Weather, Sat Radio, Premium Package for $18,200 Certified in June, 2009.

We absolutely love the car!
  • bafanabafana Member Posts: 8
    I am considering to purchase a CPO 2006 Audi A6 (CVT). The dealer list it for just under $23K plus TTL. Its has just over 26K miles on the clock, was ex-lease vehicle (3 year). It has about 1 year left on the factory warranty plus the CPO warranty and also the balance of the free maintenance (about one year). The dealer emailed me the maintenance record for the vehicle that showed no major repairs as mentioned in some of the other posts. I need some input if this is a good deal since I am concerned about future repair issues with this car, hopefully they would have showed by now. Thank you.
  • jmorgansjmorgans Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me the financing rate for a 2006 CPO Audi A6? I was quoted 5.9% for 60 months, which sounds high. Thanks!
  • jjomalleyjjomalley Member Posts: 9
    Anyone buying a new A6 these days? My lease is up and I'd like to see what others are paying. I'm looking at the 3.0T Prestige. The one dealership by me has a few still on the lot, so I'm thinking they might be eager to make a deal.