Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1789101113»

Comments

• mandrettimandretti Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at the same vehicle. I haven't talked numbers with the dealer yet, but on the internet I had one dealer put me right around $50,000 for the 2009 A6 3.0 Prestige. I'd like to hear what others are paying too. There aren't many left now though.
  • mandrettimandretti Member Posts: 2
    Ok, I have a stupid question about the Nav on the 2009 Audi A6 and I didn't get it answered by the salesman. Can you have the map showing without plugging in an addess? (i.e. to just see where you are at the time as you're driving)
  • rmrcrmrc Member Posts: 21
    I'm also shopping for a new 2009. I'm wondering what happened to the $4,000 manufacturer to dealer incentive and if it will return?
    I'm also shopping for a new 2009. I'm wondering what happened to the $4,000 manufacturer to dealer incentive and if it will return?
  • dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    If it's not available, it's likely because almost all 2009 models are gone. I've been to our local Audi dealership last week. They have not a single 2009 left, and plenty of 2010 models.
    I think it depends on region. There are plenty of dealers choking on 2009s here in southern CA. But I'm waiting for that incentive to come back around or wait to find a nice pre-owned A6 3.0T.
  • 1audi1audi Member Posts: 1
    After you enter navigation,hit the bottom right corner button on center console. These 4 corner buttons correspond to the MMI corners. The bottom right on screen is map.
  • jhanleyjhanley Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm looking at buying an 08 A6, < 10K miles, cold weather pk, premium pk. Dealer has is for $38,900. It has 1 previous owner. as this is my first major car purchase in a few years I was wondering if you all could give me some advice on what I can expect to pay below this price.
    thanks
    Jeff
  • mitchcmitchc Member Posts: 39
    Brand new 2010 A6 - 3.0 T Prestige. MSRP is approx 54K. Invoice somewhere between 50.5 and 50.9K. Paid 52K. Was offered 50.9 by an out of down dealership after I had already purchased the car from my local dealer. Unfortunately it was too late. Hopefully, my local dealer will appreciate my business and provide me with favorable service & loaners when needed as I purchased the car "in town". We'll see...
  • silverboysilverboy Member Posts: 11
    Congratulations. Do you mind me asking what part of the country you're in? I'm in the market for a 2010 A6 and would appreciate any info you're willing to share (things have gotten very quiet in this forum).
  • hittheriver7hittheriver7 Member Posts: 1
    Received a best offer from a dealership on a CPO 08 A6 with 24,000 miles for $33,000 today. It is NOT fully loaded by any means - no NAV, no Homelink(can hardly believe it doesn't have this since my 2001 honda has it), and who knows exactly what else it doesn't have. It's a nice car don't get me wrong and has plenty of good features.

What does everyone think about this price?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm in a position to write a check for the car - so dealer financing is not needed. Would a cash deal like this mean anything?
  • montyalomontyalo Member Posts: 12
    Went to various dealers in the NY/NJ area via the internet and costco auto buying program. Got quoted anywhere from 51450 to $52000 for a new 3.0T A6 with Prestige and Cold Weather. Brought that to the largest dealer in the northeast and they countered with $51,150. Just had to negotiate my trade in, and got that to a manageable level for me. Signed the contract, now waiting to hear when the car will come in...
  • zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    What was the MSRP of the car?
    it came with the wheel locks also. MSRP is $54805
  • monkster68monkster68 Member Posts: 8
    I am in the market for a a new 3.0T A6 with Prestige 2010/11. I live in Marlboro, NJ any names/dealerships I should call for best pricing? Thanks.
    I recommend Bell Audi or DCH Audi. I eventually bought mine from Bell but thought and heard good things on DCH. I have a feeling that if i asked DCh to match the price Bell gave me, they would have and it's closer to my house. If you need names of salesguys, PM me
  • malenkymalenky Member Posts: 16
    I'm on the market for 2010 A6 Premium Plus - I've got quoted $688 including tax for 36 months, with 7 MSDs - final money factor is 0.00036 - 0.00035 = 0.00001 only inceptives up-front. Has anyone done better? Using the calculator from the lease guide I get $657.70 if the car is sold at invoice - so dealer's profit is $30 x 36 months - over a grand. I am looking to get a car at invoice plus a few hundred tops - am I reasonable?
  • gobears2gobears2 Member Posts: 23
    Dealer in Chicago area just quoted me $1,000 off MSRP ($56,925) which is high (around $3k over invoice) for the following car. I am going to wait for inventory and incentives to arrive.

A6 3.0 SEDAN 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO
    PHANTOM BLACK PEARL EFFECT
    BLACK
    ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS & TRUNK LINER
    AUDI SIDE ASSIST
    COLD WEATHER PACKAGE
    SPORT PKG - 19" PERFORM. TIRES
    PRESTIGE PACKAGE
    An update....found a similar car in Chicago w/o sport package for $51,525 which appears to be at invoice. Pretty good deal in my opinion.
  • monkster68monkster68 Member Posts: 8
    What about lease numbers....The car I am looking at is prestige w/cold weather...msrp $55,425. Looking for only 2k down any thoughts?
    I do not know the lease figures. A car at invoice without marketing support is a pretty good deal.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Test drove A6 3.0T yesterday. Slightly disappointed with the comfort but this a performance car. Not many available which could be due to new model for 2012. They still want alot for this car eventhough it depreciates significantly and customer cash is present. My dealer started at MSRP and worked his way down. Price was in the high 49K range which I believe is too much. Any comments are appreciated.
    here is what I have in play on 2011 A6 prestige sport with cold weather, mats, & side assist: $51,050 pre tax

That is a good deal on a $56,425 MSRP in my opinion. Plus, Audi will cover first month payment with a financing rate of 1.9% for 36 months. About $1,500 below "invoice".

I also do not see much of a difference with 2012 model (actually do not like headlights).

535xi is at least $6k more that this. I realize that BMWs have scheduled maintenance; however, that is worth no more than $2k.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Looks like a great deal. The A6 3.0T I looked at was premium plus package which should have a MSRP of 52,475. Dealer took off about $2700 that also include the cash back. I anticipated a cap cost including audi care of 48,200. I was not able to see the numbers. I suspect they added extra fees to make a significant profit. May be able to deal this month, but limited number of cars of the dealers lots.
    Here is a link to the 2012 A6 that a friend in Germany sent to me. I really like the interior...kinda bmw feel. I still do not like exterior.

http://www.n-tv.de/mediathek/bilderserien/auto/Business-mit-Schick-article203176- 6.html

Link to new Audi A6 photos
  • dkvilledkville Member Posts: 9
    Looking for a 2010 or 2011 Audi A6 3.0T in Louisville Area. Anyone have anyone they work with. Wanting to spend around 44-50k.
  • minormjrminormjr Member Posts: 1
    Considering buying 2007 Audi A6 3.2 4D with 60K miles for $24K. I know I'll need the extended warranty so I'll prob add $2k to the price. The Car is loaded
    * Premium Package
    * Convenience Package
    * Navigation System
    * Sunroof(s)
    * Leather Seats
    * Front Seat Heaters

Just worried about the high miles. Is this a decent buy?
  • elkgrove2006elkgrove2006 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a CPO 2010 Audi A6 4dr Sdn FrontTrak 3.2L Premium Plus, 10,000 miles. The dealer asked for $39,700. Is it a fair price? Thanks.
  • justin12justin12 Member Posts: 23
    Not a lot of info on pricing for purchasing a 2012. I am looking at a 2012 dakota/blk prestige with 20" sport package, innovation, and cold weather with MSRP at $66,680. What discounts are people seeing from dealers off MSRP?
  • rhmassrhmass Member Posts: 263
    After reading C&D and CR on the new A6 and had received a card with incentive to test drive the new 2012 A6, I decided to give it a try. I was impressed with the car and the handling and its supercharged engine. The only blemish I could detect is the light steering feel, although you do feel the road, but it simply was a bit too light for me. Being a BMW person, I was very surprised with this car. The sales manager readily mentioned the $2,000 incentive after inquiring the car I am driving and my intention to buy, not to lease. He would give $1,000 for leasing. Then the salesman mentioned to me on the side that they would give good price for end of year buyers. From my yesterday's experience, I would say you could get at least $3,000 off the MSRP.
  • 4moneypit4moneypit Member Posts: 4
    Re-categorizing for hopefully better focussed replies. Please see some "strategy" questions at end.
    '03 Audi A6 2.7T QT SDN 39,000mi of elderly parnts. Single Audi/Lexus dealer w/n ~170mi. $45K pd new. Want dlr take back moneypit, then get CR-reliable car. Suggestions re audi strategy?
    ~$5000 Lifetime repairs pd to-date [incl replacing I/O tie rod assembly, ignition coils, torsen differential seal, door lock switches, O sensor, coolant & exhaust temp sensors, aux water pump, eng shield hardware, chain tensioner seals, rr cam plugs, fr axle differential seal, valve cover gasket, emerg flasher switch, battery (2nd x) and brake light switch].
    ~$6300 + tx in ADDITIONAL repairs "recommended" Dec '11 but now deferred [including replacing fr brake pads/rotors (2nd x)), pan gasket and engine rr main seal, lt fr drive axle & CV boot (2nd boot), rt ft axle shaft seal, shifter assembly for reverse light, and rr rotors].
    ~$3000 + tx in MORE ADDITIONAL repair (dealer's analysis but not currently "recommended") : replace valve seal guides (after 2 induction services for exhaust smoke on startup). Therefore, ~$10,000 imminent/future repairs!!!
    Thank you for any feedback esp re strategy/tactic questions, such as e.g. :
    1) what top dollar could be demanded back from dealer if assume car were in excellent condition so p's weren't punished for car's lemony history?
    2) do you agree the repair history/imminent future is outrageous given mileage (used in se-sw US)?
    (3) Using the purchase price paid & repairs paid/to be paid over 9 years, the car's monthly "lease" rate would've been ~$460/mo. Do you know how that would compare with a real lease rate (eg for 5 years, no loan, most favorable terms for lessee)?
    (4) Would it be better to use for trade-in for new Lexus from this dealer which, with clean slate & no exhaust smoke, could be further traded for a CR-reliable/safe, etc car like Honda? Thanx for help.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    You should be thanking your lucky stars that you have a 10 year old auto with $170K miles and 'ONLY" spent $5K for repairs/maintenance.

You can spend $5K on just 10K, 15K and 25K scheduled maintenance and forget about the cost on maintenance once you get over 40-50K.

If you think that it's a "moneypit", then use it for a trade and take your $1K (maybe) and get another car.

Just MHO.
  • 4moneypit4moneypit Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Just to clarify -- the car has only 39,000 mi on it now (there is only one dealer w/in ~170,000 mi radius). The nature of the repairs already paid for (~$5000), together with the nature of the impending repairs (~$10,000) is the nub of the question. But thank you.

BTW, comparing Audi repair mileage to our '93 Honda Accord Ex manual, on several repairs, so much for Audi's high performance:

New battery Audi @ 16K & 39K but Honda @ 46K and 94K.
    New rear brake pads Audi @ 18K & 37K but Honda @ 76K
    New front brake pads Audi @ 20K & 39K but Honda @ 88K
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    170 miles would force me to find a dealer that repairs Audi's. There has to one close unless you live in the woods or desert......:-)

But, even with 39K, $5K on expense's is cheap for an A6, especially 10 years old. There is something called yearly maintenance that should be done no matter the mileage.

But it's your car.....I do not put Audi's and Honda's in the same class but that is just me.
  • ebodebod Member Posts: 2
    I'm wondering what the Money Factor and the Residual are for: (i) 36mo lease at 12k miles/year; and (ii) 42mo lease at 12k miles/year. My credit would be top tier.

I'd lease by the end of this month 2/13, if they can find the build out that I want.

Thanks in advance.
  • medmdmdmedmdmd Member Posts: 41
    I think you have the wrong thread.
    This question probably belongs in leasing an A6 even though the first requirement to getting a good lease is agreeing to the best purchase price for the car.

I am surprised that there is not too much feedback in this thread on recent prices paid on A6s.
  • njcar2njcar2 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase the A6 Prem Plus model. The MSRP is $57,020 and two dealers have quoted me $52,500 including the $1,500 conquest money. That discount is 7.9%. What are you finding?
  • mnmwyomnmwyo Member Posts: 1
    I am buying a 2010 A6 Premium Package plus cold weather package. It has just under 24k miles. The dealer is asking $34,995. This is close to what Edmunds calculates for a CPO at $34,591.

I know there must be a few thousand dollars in profit for the dealer built into the price.

How much room should there be for negotiation?
  • hilltop3hilltop3 Member Posts: 33
    Placed an order for an A6 3.0 and received rate protection on 42 mos/10K, .00157/48% March figures. MSRP $58,820 and my initial cap cost $55,967. Doc fee $190, acquisition $695, and plates,etc $250. The $1500 Conquest rebate will depend on Audi offerings when car arrives 90 days. Michigan. Car Man, your forums and information you offer up helped me tremendously. Thanks for all you do!
  • spordniarspordniar Member Posts: 1
    I think your price is very similar (if not exactly) to mine:

MSRP: 61370
    Offered: 56500
    %Discount: 7.935%

From TMV calculator, invoice is sitting at around 6.89%, and TMV is sitting at 4.43%, so we both got a deal under invoice price, which is a good deal IMO.

:lemon:
    Hi Palciparum. When I was negotiating for my 2013 A6 Prestige, my goal was to get the price to $500-1000 over invoice. Your deal sounds great. Apparently, the more expensive the trim line, you will be closer to the $1000 over invoice mark.
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    I'm considering these vehicles. I drove a 3.0 A-6 and was sure that was the car to replace my 2010 G37X lease. But the lease numbers are too high... I am going to drive a 2.0T version. Do any posters have any advice ? Will i feel that once having steak....the 2.0T will be hamburger!!

Quattro versions and I believe the 2.0 like the 3.0 has the 8AT.

I'm also looking at a 2012 CPO A-6 Quattro 3.0 which I would buy.
  • nickm1979nickm1979 Member Posts: 10
    Does this sound like a good deal? Can I do better?
    Hi Almatti! In March I took out both the 2.0 and 3.0 for a good hard test drive. It was morning, cold, and the cars were not especially warmed up, however, when I drove the 2.0 it began to shake about 80mph. I do a bit of highway driving so that was not acceptable to me. I immediately turned around, took out the 3.0 and zero shakes up to 95 mph. I'm coming from a Lincoln 6 cyl w/ecoboost.
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    hilltop: You didn't like the Lincoln w/ 2.0 Eco boost? I test dove a 2013 MKZ w/ 3.7 V-6, AWD, - nice car but Pricey IMO - although I did not Beat up the salesperson yet. The Pushbutton Tranny takes getting used to, and does appear awkward. If they had the same shift lever as in the Ford Fusion - I may have pulled the trigger.
    The A-6 3.0T IMO, is the best of the mid-sized Luxury sedans. Big numbers though. On a lease with 15K miles which I need, I'm seeing over $725.00 per month with no $$$$$ down (I don't beleive in putting Cap Cost $$$$ into a lease just to lower the payment).
  • bp0430bp0430 Member Posts: 1
    When will these be available to purchase? Also, any major changes from 2013
  • palciparumpalciparum Member Posts: 29
    Mine is from New Orleans. Only other dealer is in Baton Rouge who won't even give the same deal.
  • bartman1959bartman1959 Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I am also looking at an Audi 2010 CPO. Wondering if you purchased this car and were you able to negotiate?

Thanks. BRN
  • Adam BoydAdam Boyd Member Posts: 23

A6 TDI Premium plus 648 a month nothing down all costs included for 12,000 a year is that a good deal?