Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC70 V70 Prices Paid

Comments

• nepropneprop Member Posts: 41
    Anyone know if Ford's (they own Volvo) latest pricing strategy "you pay what employee's pay" pertains to Volvos. Ford announced that they are going to match GM's pricing promotion that was so successful in June. If so, does anyone have first hand dealer feedback on what an '05 Volvo XC70, leather, moon roof can now be purchased for. Thanks.
  • bing330ibing330i Member Posts: 89
    misspeppy,

I too noticed vibration (even when car is in parking mode) on XC70 and V70 2.4 (less than the XC70) but not on V50. They were all brand new. I did not think a brand new car should do this.

I am with you on your second concern - all cars are negotiable, especially when the car is in later phase of its lifecycle when all new design will come soon. One thing in particular that holds me back from buying a Swedish car is I am not certain if I get the best price, as Volvo/Saab's discount can be so huge at the end of a model year. I know I may not get the exact car I want. But I personally do not feel any color / option is a must. I would check with other dealers so you have something in hand to negotiate with your local dealer. Since your dealer is a monopoly local power, I am not sure they would give in. So you might have to drive to other dealers to get your car if the $ difference matters.

Just my 2 cents.
  • dhaliwasdhaliwas Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any recent buying experience with Stutz Volvo in Salem, MA?

They seem to be offering low prices ($8,000 below MSRP) for the 2005 XC70.

They seem like one of the smaller (smallest?) dealers in the Boston area, so I would like to hear any feedback on them - good or bad.

thanks
  • capoanycapoany Member Posts: 32
    I have a 2004 v70 2.5t Titanium Edition...follows on the heels of an s70 and s80 t-6. The vibration is a common problem at highway speeds (which are now close to 85 mph around here). My sense is it is primarily related to the tire/ wheel combo. While I love the look of the 17"/ 45 series combo, it really isn't ideal for this type of car. NJ/NY roads have taken their toll...2 bent rims and 2 tire bubbles (NOT ON THE RIMS THAT WERE BENT!) on the awful Pirelli P6's.

Car is great. Deals are great ( stay very close on information regarding Volvo dealer and consumer incentives which change dramatially month to month) Performance and reliability great. ( 2.5t is a torquey devil, much improved over the 2.4t and matches nicely with the 5 spd auto). Stealthy, comfortable, very attractive. Stash $1000 away for inevitable rolling stock problems if you live in northern clime.
  • dduffydduffy Member Posts: 4
    With the 2006 models out, I figured I could get a good deal on a '05, so I contact the one local dealer (San Antonio, TX) and two in the next closest town (Austin, TX). Below is what they are offering. I personally think that they are still asking too much, but would like your input.

05 V70 2.4 with premium pkg.
    Dealer A - 29075
    Dealer B - 30412
    Dealer C - 29965
    (Note: A&B are owned by the same folks but in different parts of the metro)

With the 4K manufacturer to dealer incentive, I would think they would be lower. I am wrong?
  • nepropneprop Member Posts: 41
    dhaliwas, I have also seen these very attractive prices from Stutz Volvo and I believe that they are true to their word. Their web site is pretty transparent. Stutz is a small dealer and the current owner/operator is the son of the founder. The founder really paid attention to his customers and had great service, however his son that now operates the dealership has a poorer reputation in this area. If you're looking to buy a car and have it serviced elsewhere then their prices are to be taken. I'm thinking of doing this myself. Good luck.
  • dhaliwasdhaliwas Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I ended up buying the car, and paid exactly the price they showed on their website. I have to say it was an amazingly easy experience.

I already had done my research, so after checking their website which quoted a $32,420 purchase price for an 2005 XC70 w/ metallic paint, premium, climate, and booster seats ($40,475 MSRP / $38,020 invoice), I called and did the deal over the phone. I FedExed them three personal checks: $32,420 payable to Stutz for the purchase price, $1,707 payable to the Mass RMV for sales tax, title and registration, and $25 payable to their runner who did the insurance & registry leg work. That was it. Next day I went down there, checked over the car, signed the paperwork and drove off within 30 minutes.

Thanks for the advice on their service department. As far as purchasing goes, I would highly recommend Stutz. The guy I dealt with was very professional, and their price and sales approach was way better than the other dealers around Boston.
  • pj1949pj1949 Member Posts: 4
    Planning to buy a XC70 within the next few weeks. What are the pros and cons of bi-xenon lights on this model?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Since this discussion is focused on pricing, please ask your question in our regular Volvo V70 / XC70 discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tgraysontgrayson Member Posts: 15
    I was offered a XC70 today (metallic paint, satellite radio pre-wire, booster, climate and premium) for 33,675. MSRP was 40,540...this was in Warwick RI. Any idea how to drive the price down a little?
  • monty_burnsmonty_burns Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what historical manufacture rebates typically are at the end of the model year??
  • scooter_piescooter_pie Member Posts: 5
    Dealer in NC offering 2006 XC70 2.5T
    Silver Mettalic/Leather
    AWD
    Convenience/Premium/Climate/Satt Prep
    MSRP $42,210
    Sale Price $33,250 +TTL

Seems like an excellent deal on an 06....
  • capalmrcapalmr Member Posts: 1
    That is an awesome price. I just got a similar price on that car but a 2005 loaner. What is the name of your dealer in NC?

Thanks.
  • scooter_piescooter_pie Member Posts: 5
    Volvo of the Triad, Winston Salem
  • samandrewsamandrew Member Posts: 1
    Is this a factory option only or can it be installed by the dealer?
  • titlextitlex Member Posts: 4
    The third row can be either a factory option or dealer installed.

We just bought a2005 V70 with climate and the preferred(leather) pakage and boosters.

MSRP = 35,000
    Paid = 28,500

in the Chicago area
  • rtkyrtky Member Posts: 2
    Hi Gang,

Tell me what you think please.

'05 2.5t V70
    Silver Metallic
    Prem
    Conv
    Clim

$30335 + TTL of 1877

Will be making a decision in the next two days.

Thanks in advance
  • sbensonsbenson Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    We are looking at a 2004 XC70 from a local dealership. Here are the basic details of the car:

20,000 miles
    Heated leather seats
    Moonroof
    Pre-Certified Warranty

They are asking $33,000, which is too much, but how much should I reasonably expect to pay for a car like this?
    Thanks,
    Sean
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    If you are looking for a reasonable value on this car, you might try posting here:

Real-World Trade-In Values

Or, you could try calculating the value yourself:

2004 Volvo XC70

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sbensonsbenson Member Posts: 3
    Just an update, I bought the car today for $29,500. I think it pays to wait until the end of the month (and quarter)!
    Congratulations!

Be sure to share your ownership experience in the Volvo V70 / XC70 forum..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pilotpatpilotpat Member Posts: 18
    Putting the paperwork for our order - will make the final decision when we get back from leave in 2wks.

'06 V70 2.4, 5sp M
    - Leather
    - 3rd Row
    - Boosters
    - Cargo Barrier Net
    - Roof Rails
    - DSTC
    - Climate
    - Bi-Xenon Headlights
    - DVD Nav
    - Self-levelling suspension

Delivered to NH $32,750

Best I can estimate from TMV on Edmunds, if I were able to order the same options on a base 2.4, it would run in the $34k range, but most of the options aren't available on the 2.4 usually anyhow (Nav and Bi-Xenon N/A, DSTC only as part of run-flat pkg, which requires Premium pkg). But Mil Sales allows you to build your car pretty much to your preference. We really wanted the 2.4 for the 5spd manual and the slightly better gas mileage.

Will probably put in the Ipod adaptor myself, unless it arrives with the rumored mid-06 radio head with the 3.5mm aux input plug.
  • barclaybearbarclaybear Member Posts: 4
    The lease on my 2003 XC70 will be up in a couple of months and I've started doing some looking. I have LOVED this car! I prefer to drive a car that is always under warranty so am looking for an '06 XC70 lease.

I have had some serious sticker shock! I am currently paying $480 @ month plus taxes which brings my monthly lease payment to $525. My lease is for 36 month with 15,000 miles per year. I leased this car in ME and don't know if that is the difference in cost.

My local dealer tells me that I will have to pay well over $650 a month for a similar '06 XC70. I have and want the premium, convenience, climate pkgs and the booster seats. I'm devastated that my beloved wooden steering wheel is no longer offered on the XC70.

I cannot understand the huge increase in price as the sticker price is not very different. On my present lease, I paid $2140 at signing plus I put up multiple security deposits in the amount of $5500 (which I would do again). What can I expect to pay in the next couple of months?

I'm tempted to just buy my car at the end of the lease, but I really prefer to drive a car that is under warranty - fixed income, fixed car cost.
  • b0bm1b0bm1 Member Posts: 2
    Im looking for some recent prices paid for 05/06 XC70 - premium, convience,climate, were going to buy this winter or sooner and I want to get some compedative prcing.

Thanks..
  • b0bm1b0bm1 Member Posts: 2
    Just so happens I have a lease quote right in front of me for that same XC70, premium,climate,conv,... MSRP 42,035.00, $1174.00 due at start $556.00 a month for 48 months. and 12k miles a year
  • gkc3gkc3 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual value for the 06 v70 2.4 and turbo?
  • hannabhannab Member Posts: 26
    I am planning on leasing a 2006 XC70 and notice on the Edmunds incetive list that there is a $2500. manufacturer to dealer incentive. The dealer I visited, however, claims this does not apply to a lease, it only applies to a purchase. Is this correct?

TIA
  • angbobangbob Member Posts: 4
    A friend bought an XC70 this past Saturday from Stutz in Salem, MA. She did everything right, except for one little detail in the test drive. She didn't think to drive the car to her house and park it inside the garage.

You guessed it: it doesn't fit through the garage door! Well, it does, with about one inch on each side.

Has anyone ever "worked with" a dealer to change cars in such a situation? Does it help to write a nice letter to the dealership's owner, asking how close to they can come to limiting her losses, keeping her family's business, and not losing mine?

Regards,
    Bob
    Since this question is more general in nature, versus specifically about Volvos, you might get more replies if you post here:

Any Questions for a Car Dealer?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• angbobangbob Member Posts: 4
    But of course!
    We were so focused on Volvoness, I didn't think clearly.
    Thanks very much.
    Regards,
    Bob
    - Does anyone know if the VIP warranties are fixed prices or negotiable? I'm looking for details for one on a 2006 V70 2.4

- What prices have people paid out there? I'm looking at a 6 or 7yr 100k version. I've been quoted 1500-2200 for the 6yr, 1800-2600 for the 7 yr.

- Does the price go up if you buy it before driving off the lot vs buying it at 47 months/49k miles?

Thanks,
    Pat
    Found some of the answers myself on another message board - swedespeed

VIP warranties are subject to negotiation - significant dealer margin to play with.

Yes, the price of the warranty goes up ~215-250, it sounds like, if you're over 15k miles (and/or a certain age - 15 months, I think). I don't know if it goes up further at other mile steps. Plus, it requires that you bring the vehicle into the dealership selling the warranty for an oil change - I assume that is also so the dealership can take a gander at the vehicle's overall condition.
  • greatcazoogreatcazoo Member Posts: 2
    The offer I have in front of me is

XC70 with
    Prem
    Conv
    Climate
    Booster
    Metalic
    Sat Prep

$2400 down and $483 per month. This is all costs
    Is this a good deal?
  • kabillkabill Member Posts: 35
    I've heard that the best deal possible on any Volvo is to fly to Sweden, buy your vehicle there and arrange shipping yourself to the US. My understanding, from someone who bought an XC90 this way, was that they beat any stateside deal by thousands of dollars, including the money they spent on their Swedish vacation/ business trip. I realize this doesn't do much for the US economy, but has anybody here done this or looked into it?
    Will
  • stmssstmss Member Posts: 206
    Yes you can but I still think you arrange this through your dealer - check the Volvo website for more info. I think you get a factory tour when picking up your Volvo some hotel reservations and tour parts of Europe a bit back to the docks, put your Volvo on the boat and fly back.

Check the insurance though, you don't want any boating incidents in the English Channel once you have taken delivery ;)
  • cbjelloscbjellos Member Posts: 1
    JUST STARTING TO LOOK INTO BUYING A XC70 IN MINNESOTA, WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH A DEALER IN THE STATE?
  • ak47ak47 Member Posts: 1
    I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and would like to know if anyone has recommendations as to a dealership to work with to procure a V70R. If you already bought one, I'm also interested in the "out-the-door" price you negotiated. Thanks.
  • sjsilvermansjsilverman Member Posts: 3
    edmunds.com shows a $500 manufacturer-dealer inentive on the XC70. cars.com shows $4500. Does anyone know which of these is correct?
    Going through Volvo Overseas Delivery (OSD), you can get a pretty good deal, plus you can order the car with specific options not usually available stateside (because of packages designed for a certain market).

Go to http://www.volvocars.us/FinancialServices/Overseas/ or do a Google search for "Volvo OSD" plus your city/state. You can also do such a search with "Price list" and find a few places that publish the prices, which are fixed.

The price includes r/t tix to Sweden (for 2, I think) and a factory tour, plus shipment (and insurance) back to the US. Other options for tours are available, or you can plan a N. Europe tour on your own and drop it off in Sweden or other places and they'll ship it back (details on the website).

For us overseas mil types, there's a similar deal, but the cost is about $1500 cheaper (and no plane tix).

Hope this helps.

BTW, BMW and Saab are the only other European manufacturers to offer similar programs.
  • ldtmldtm Member Posts: 8
    We are thinking about putting in a factory order for an '06 manual V70 2.4 with
    premium
    boosters
    3rd row
    roof rails
    climate
    no metallic paint and we want the manual trans. f/o only b/c we cannot find this exact car on a lot. Is 29,500 a fair price? I keep reading sales are down and am starting to wonder if this is the car we should be purchasing (have waited a long time to make this purchase after incredibly reliable 92 accord). Anyone know when they stop doing f/o for the year in case we decide to wait until later in the year? Also if there is someone out there who can report on 2.4 manual (no turbo) would appreciate it. Thanks.
  • drelbdrelb Member Posts: 2
    We bought exactly the same car in the 2005 model, except with Titanium grey metallic. Paid 29K

We love it--no problems at all thus far. It gets 30-32 mpg on the highway, which was a pleasant surprise.

It handles and corners surprisingly well, and the pickup with the manual (even with the non-turbo 2.4) is really pretty good: at lights, my boring wagon regularly smokes those turkeys in 'sport sedans' with automatic transmissions.

Drelb
    Thanks for the info! and I am glad to hear it handles so well - it was my hope to hear just that. I'm curious, was your car a factory order?
  • drelbdrelb Member Posts: 2
    No, it was a new car in my dealer's on site inventory. I had earlier e-mailed around requesting a manual 2.4 V70, and only a couple of dealers here (DC area) had them in stock. I picked the dealer who, at the time, appeared more ready to negotiate. Almost nobody wants a stick (the fools don't know what they're missing!), so we had some leverage in the negotiation.

The roof rails and 3rd row seat were installed at the dealer, as was the cargo net, etc.

Drelb
    Thanks for the details - you are right there are not too many around and they are so fun to drive! I can't imagine driving an automatic even with my 2 kids in tow! I think I'll do some more hunting around even if I have to drive a little bit to see if I can find one on a lot. Obviously factory order takes away that ability to help clear the inventory.
  • leftcoast2leftcoast2 Member Posts: 13
    $33995 with 15000 miles on it and i was told it used to be a rental. You have to admit that was funny. Do you think I'm getting a fair deal?
  • musrhmusrh Member Posts: 5
    Just put a deposit down on a 2006 XC70 with the following equipment:

Lava Sand Met. Paint, Taupe leather interior
    Premium
    Convenience
    Climate
    Sat Prep
    Booster Seats
    Xenon Headlights
    Xenia Wheels
    Bluetooth

Total price: $37,492 plus tax, title, and tags

I paid a few bucks more for some rubber floormats and mud flaps.

Any comments on the deal???

Got it at Motorcars Volvo in Bedford, OH
    Volvo has 3500-4500 cash back on 2006 models...you might be better off getting a new one...33,995 seems high to me.
  • klikli Member Posts: 3
    they have a 2006 XC 70 service loaner for $34995. it has only 6200 miles on it. this is from the Volvo dealer in bedford OH.

I don't think what you mentioned was a good deal at all.
  • klikli Member Posts: 3
    is the $3500 to $4500 manufacturer to dealer rebate still valid?
    I think so...dealer told me it was through the end of March.