Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC70 V70 Prices Paid

Comments

• bondmombondmom Member Posts: 7
    Bridgetesch -

I'm confused is the $28,703 the price you would pay or the price discounting the 8% sales tax?
  • bondmombondmom Member Posts: 7
    Doug -

We talked to Jessica in Nashua and Bob in Manchester.
  • bridgeteschbridgetesch Member Posts: 14
    Sorry to make it confusing... The price they are looking for is $31,000. Since it would be a private party sale, I wouldn't be required to pay her sales tax. I.e., it would be $31,000 out the door. I may be able to haggle with her, but am not sure if someone may snatch it up first if it is such a good deal?

Thanks!
    Bridget
  • njmike4njmike4 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a XC70 Silver/Graphite, Premium Pkg, Touring Pkg, Booster Seats, Upgrade Wheels for $32,275. MSRP is $35,340 afer incentives (see below). I might have been able to do a little better if I wanted to go to a larger dealer, but the convenience for going with the local dealer is worth it for me.

Not sure if my X-plan helped much, but the dealer indicated that they get 1% cash back on these sales.

Current incentives valid through 8/31 are "free" Premium Pkg, $2000 factory to dealer cash on non-base models (units with any package are non-base...$3000 is avail for base models), 1.9% financing for 36 mos. or 2.9% for 48 mos.
  • middymiddy Member Posts: 2
    Volvo V70 2.5T Nautic Blue Metallic/Tan Leather, Premium & Sport Package Paid $29K + Sales Tax, with Volvo Finance at 3.9% for 60 months. Price includes special price incentives including $2000.00 marketing support from Volvo, plus no charge premium package valued at $2489.00 invoice cost. Very good deal, in my opinion, for such a wonderful car and Volvo safety. Yes, the new models are on the way, but changes to 2005 model, can't make up for the great deals on 2004. I think they had 1.9% back in June for 60 months, but maybe they will again, now that I bought mine.LOL.

Also, love the fact that Volvo includes scheduled maintenance on new models. No hassle deal and very happy with my new purchase. I live in Southern California.
  • tunguyen99tunguyen99 Member Posts: 2
    I just paid $29700 for a 2004 V70 Volvo - total price out of the door including a premium package, a climate package and a sealant and leather protection package. I had a trade-in and I did not think I got a good trade-in for my car. So far I love this car because it is such a stable and comfortable ride. Hope this car will not break my bank with repair bills in the later years.
  • dizzyptdizzypt Member Posts: 3
    Just at the dealership last night, without any haggling I was offered $31,000 total for XC70 w/ premium and touring package. That includes a $2000 rebate. Are there anymore incentive/rebates out there and / or is that a descent price?
  • carbuying101carbuying101 Member Posts: 5
    Wow...what dealership was that at?
  • armand1armand1 Member Posts: 9
    I would be interested which dealership that is as well. Last week I offered $31k for XC70 w/ premium and touring package and the DC dealership salesman laughed. I'm going to try MD and VA dealerships, I've heard they are nicer to work with.
  • jaa37jaa37 Member Posts: 67
    NJMike--what dealership was that?
  • confusedbuyerconfusedbuyer Member Posts: 3
    I went to the dealership on saturday. I went to look at the V50 and Boy was it SMALL. I later looked at the XC70 . I was told her could give it to me for 32,800 the sticker read 39K++. He had about 10 plus on the lot. I have a trade in he gave me a value of $16,000 an Audi A4(2002)with 35,000 miles. I thought that was too LOW. Told him to call me with a better deal. He said he could take 4,000 off of the SUV's but that was it.
  • kgskgs Member Posts: 2
    Just got a V70R for ~$6100 under sticker, with 1.9% financing...similar incentives as mentioned elsewhere on this list: free premium pkg, factory-to-dealer cash, plus a negotiated discount on top of that.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Congrats! SOunds like a good deal. Enjoy!
  • dizzyptdizzypt Member Posts: 3
    The dealership was in PA. I guess it was a good deal!!
  • lebeaulebeau Member Posts: 1
    Thank you dizzpt.....I was able to use your pricing to get the xc70 w/ premium, touring and climate for $31,500 plus the 1.9% financing over 36 mths in the chicagoland area. That's after another dealer told me that the lowest she would go was $32,500!!!!
  • bill88bill88 Member Posts: 3
    does anyone know if overseas delivery prices are truely fixed. I know BMW says their overseas delivery prices are fixed, but some dealerships will bargain. Any info is appreciated.

Bill
  • drphildrphil Member Posts: 2
    Found a good buy on a 2001 V70 2.4T with 77K miles at $16K. The dealer is doing a complete major service prior to sale. (single-owner lease turned in).

What factors would you weigh on considering a purchase of pre-certified status for 23K miles at $950?

Recommendations?

Thanks- Phil
  • skimeskime Member Posts: 1
    Purchased an 04 XC 70 at South Atlanta dealership.
    MSRP was $40K+. Quote was $32,400 negotiated tow package at cost. Had to push to get a good trade in value on a 96 Suburban. Very happy with auto. Disappointed in Stereo. Base system is weak. Cassette??? Go figure. Will look at aftermarket.
  • yoreet1yoreet1 Member Posts: 10
    KGS,
    What dealiship was it: PA or NJ? Please provide more info as I'm looking for the similar vehicle.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE!
  • trincollkidtrincollkid Member Posts: 1
    Where can I find such a deal?
  • scottinssmdscottinssmd Member Posts: 16
    04 V70 with window sticker of $35.900. Picked it up for 29,000. No AWD or roof rack, but loaded otherwise.
  • cpeterson3cpeterson3 Member Posts: 51
    Doubt sub $32K pricing is legit as no-one has revealed the specific dealerships by name, town etc. where they have received such a deal. That price is well into/below hold-back and stock is dwindling. Tried to use but failed with 10+ dealers from Boston area to Metro NYC which generally has the best pricing I've found around the country.

Battled for $32,200 +++ on '04 XC, non-met. paint, Premium, Touring, booster and wheels. In the end, I was talking about $700 at the most(if true) so my wife said quit your.... and just go for it. We'll be driving a car around town where people paid $5K+ more just a few months ago.. ouch on the depreciation/resale.

Free Touring + $2K manu. to dealer cash and 1.9% extended thru end of Sept. should assure none left - our dealer has 2 and theire "volume." Bought now with $500 deposit but will take delivery at end of month when current lease exp. Fully financed at 1.9% is $910/month for 36 months. That's $400 more than a lease for same time frame but you own it a no-time. Take the Financing - its free money.

-later
  • ehgreenehgreen Member Posts: 2
    Think there is little to NO margin at the dealership. Buying 2005 Volvo V50 at Factory in early October and had access to dealer's weekly availability and pricing info. This is our fifth European delivery (2 Fiats in Italy, 2 VW in Germany, and now Volvo).

Salesman makes next to nothing, but was more than cooperative in working out short delivery cycle. Note: SAS web HOME page, as well as Volvo site (buried) includes two 6 month tickets from anywhere in USA to Gothenburg, and anywhere in Europe (open jaw) back home.

Note to FORUM owners -- maybe european delivery should be a separate topic, not part of any MODEL or MAKE ?
  • lebeau1lebeau1 Member Posts: 2
    Actually cpeterson I will be glad to be specific. The volvo dealership in Tinley Park, Il offered me a gold xc70 with premium, touring, and booster (no wheels nor xenon) for $31,500. I took that rate to three other dealerships until I found the red color I wanted and got the same price at the chicago dealership. So continue to feel free to question its legitimacy if you want, but I told the dealer (after buying the car) that I got the idea from this website....ergo why I thanked dizzy earlier for knocking the price down from $39Ksomething to $31500.

Either way....you still got a great deal.
  • anninainohioanninainohio Member Posts: 6
    This message is a huge Thank You to all who posted pricing information on the 2004 XC70. Armed with the prices you’ve recently paid for this vehicle, and the negotiation tactics I learned from The Motley Fool (fool.com), I just paid $32,350 plus tax, title, etc. for a Nautic Blue (metallic) model with Premium and Touring packages and integrated booster seat (MSRP was $39,690/Invoice was $37,049). (Incidentally, our best offer on a non-metallic model (black) was $31,950.)

From the comfort of my family room, I e-mailed the ten or so dealers within a 150-mile radius on Tuesday night. The phone rang off the hook all day Wednesday with great offers and eager salesmen asking, “where do I need to be?” A far cry from the way my parents used to shop for a car!

Dealer confirmed there is a $2,000 factory to dealer incentive on these models right now, though he somehow “didn’t know about it” until I mentioned it. Plus, Volvo is giving the Premium Package free right now. Consumer Reports Wholesale Price Report lists the dealer holdback as $348--and don’t bother spending the $12 for this report because that was the only valuable nugget it contained. You can be sure Volvo is giving dealer incentives to move the 04s now, too.

I hope this post helps someone else get an even better deal!
  • douginmadouginma Member Posts: 19
    Ann,

I want to make sure I understood what you said. You stated that you paid $32,350, right? Were you able to get any of the 2K F-to-D money??? Or did your $32K price include some of that money to you?
    Doug--I'm not sure I understand your question. Basically, I paid $32,350 for the car with no money coming back to me. I used my knowledge that there was a Factory to Dealer incentive and other incentives (carryover allowances to make room for 05s, free Premium package, dealer holdover, etc...) to negotiate that low of a price. Incidentally, I stopped back at the dealership today to buy a cargo liner and my sales guy said the incentive is actually $2500, not $2000!
  • talexpricetalexprice Member Posts: 1
    Ann - Thanks for your posts. Do you know whether the incentives you mentioned apply to V70s or is it only for XC's?
  • kmk6kmk6 Member Posts: 1
    KGS, Wondering if your experience getting a V70 R below MSRP is common...was it on the lot or did you order it? KMK6
  • lebeau1lebeau1 Member Posts: 2
    Taxlexprice - the discount is only available on the xc70 because it is going through a mid-line change for 2005 including new lights, a aluminum handle, a new handrest and some other minor changes. Believe me I tried negotiating a similar price for the XC90 and got shot down.
  • rgoblergoble Member Posts: 1
    Discounts are available this month on all V70 models; there's free premium package and about $4000 (somewhere about there) in other mfr. to dealer discounts. I just bought an 04 V70 2.5T with premium, touring, climate and xenon lights for $29,000 from a dealer in CT and there were others in MA willing to match but didn't have the color I wanted.
    Doug--I don't know for certain. If I were you, I'd call my local dealer and ask! Once they know you know, they seem happy to discuss it.
  • zuffen99zuffen99 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Middy,
    Where in Socal can I get the same deal.
    Thanks in advance.
  • larry4larry4 Member Posts: 1
    From Suburban Volvo(metro Detroit) just bought an XC70 04 demo w 6100 Miles for $31200 included in deal is extra certified warranty with tax and reg. $33000 otd. Equipment includes Prem pk. climate pk. booster seats. Hard negotation--it helped that I had a 31000 offer on identical car (with 14k) from another Volvo dealer. If you are looking to buy brand new with no miles I had yet another another Volvo dealer tell me today that the Costco buy program is better than the X plan. Don't forget $500 discount for AARP if you qualify
  • dealbrokerdealbroker Member Posts: 1
    I was offered $5000 off of a 2004 (on the lot) without even bargaining. Only $1,000 off of a 2005 though.
  • aqmaqm Member Posts: 1
    I'm curious as to what others think about this deal:

- "Used" '04 XC70 with less than 5k miles on it.
    - Premium package.
    - Options to buy for $32.2 with remaining warranty or $33.0 to extend the warranty by 2 years and 50k miles. Leaning towards this (second) option.

It seems like the pricing is in the ballpark for what others are paying. Given the used status and various electronic problems folks have had, etc. I don't mind kicking in a few hundred extra for a little more security on the warranty.

Car drove fine and the story behind its used status seemed legit. However, if I have one concern, it's that this car isn't "brand new" and thus I suppose there's always a risk that it was turned in for a (bad) reason. Of course, the warranty should cover me on any problems. Nevertheless, I have no desire to be hanging out at the service dept.

I was curious what others thought about the price and used status. Should I even be concerned given the extremely low mileage? Thanks.
  • therftherf Member Posts: 1
    Just got home with a our new '04 V70 R tonight from Volvo of Lisle (IL). MSRP $44225 paid $37703 (plus got them to throw in a 3rd row seat). Hopefully that number is in line with what most others are paying.
  • attaboyattaboy Member Posts: 1
    metallic paint xc70; premium & touring; booster seats.

MSRP: $39,635.

My price: $32,400.

After signing on the deal today it sounds like September was the last time to get in on 2004 XC70 deals. One of the managers confirmed that they dropped one of the manufacturer to dealer incentives (the $2500 one, I think) on this car and confirmed that there are no incentives for the 2005.

They gave me a 3.54% 63 month term on the loan.
  • nicknjoesdadnicknjoesdad Member Posts: 1
    I've got a solid offer from a dealer in SoCal of 30750 for a v70t with premium, sport and third seat installed. Price includes tax and fees. I've got a trade -in but am trying to get the dealer to come down to an even 30K. Any chance that will happen
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    It's impossible for us to know unless you provide the price without taxes and fees. Since those items vary a LOT from state to state, city to city, we can't make a comparison unless you subtract those items.

That says, our TMV report on this vehicle seems to indicate that you're getting a heck of a deal as it is, if the 30,750 doesn't include trade-in allowance.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mugnutmugnut Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have a line on good deals (and/or recommended dealerships to deal with) on an '04 XC-70 in Massachusetts? We are about to dump our '01 Passat wagon and looking at either '04 XC-70 or 04/05 Honda Pilot. If I can get Pilot-like pricing on an XC-70, we'd probably lean in that direction. Any recommendations would be most welcome. Thanks.
  • kamala95kamala95 Member Posts: 14
    Strongly considering an '05 V70. Wondering what are the realistic expectations of price flexibility. This is our first time moving into this tier of vehicle and trying to get a feel for what is a fair price.

Basically trying to see if negotiating utilizing invoice pricing info available here and other sites is a good way to start. I know that there are some actual Volvo people who roam these boards. How often are incentives such as the current manufacturer to dealer $2500 (that doesn't show on Edmunds for some reason), which expires 11/30, available for Volvo. Asking as I will probably be ready to make the plunge Feb to March. Can I realistically expect a similar incentive type deal around that time.

Thanks for any assistance,

George
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    You might also check in our Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• drbropdrbrop Member Posts: 6
    I found a black 2001 T5, 58K miles, leather, fine shape on a Toyota dealer lot for $20K. I've just started looking at these. Edmunds shows a dealer retail of around $23K, Kelly shows mid $21's.

On the surface this looks like a good price, but I am looking for any real world opinions on this price point. Thanks.
  • kamala95kamala95 Member Posts: 14
    Does any one have any idea how often Volvo runs their incentives/specials? Apparently the $2500 manufacturer incentive expires 11/30. I think we have settled pretty well on the V70, but will miss this window. I am figuring to be ready to buy in the Feb/Mar time frame. Dealer stated I could give a deposit to hold, deal in place, but doubt they will give me the deal 2.5 months from now (we are going thru home refinancing).

Thanks for any assistance
  • sportymonksportymonk Member Posts: 258
    You sound like me. I am looking at either Pilot of Volvo v 70. Don't want an SUV and am leaning toward Volvo.

Where is a good place to buy in the Raleigh / North Carolina Area?
  • aleale Member Posts: 16
    I am looking at leasing either a 2004 or 2005 XC70. Now that it is getting to be late in the year will my chances of getting a good deal in MA increase or not.
  • stan36n121wstan36n121w Member Posts: 4
    Ok, I think the following offer is fair, but my wife thinks we should try to do a little better. Help me convince her we're doing alright. The dealer stated the offer without a word of haggling.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue Metallic Paint
    Premium, Convenience, and Climate Packages
    16" Xenia Alloy Wheels

MSRP: $40,660
    TMV: $38325
    Invoice: $37,881
    Dealer Offer: $36,881

I told her a $1000 under invoice is a good deal. Right?

Stan in Northern California
  • 10scoachrick10scoachrick Member Posts: 74
    Call me silly, but...I would have to think $1K UNDER INVOICE for an '05 that's only been out for a few weeks is pretty good. Let your wife ask for a dealer add-on of some sort(don't know what you need--seems well equipped). I never felt I had to counter an offer that I thought was fair. Didn't haggle on our latest C70 purchase, no regrets. Good luck!
  • larscalarsca Member Posts: 60
    I don't think you're going to be able to go much lower than that. You might have another couple of hundreds of $ to deal on, but it sounds like you're getting a really good deal.

If this was an '04 however... (not over $34,000 similarily equipped)