Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Malibu Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bobcoughlinjrbobcoughlinjr Member Posts: 1
    After months of research and waiting I just purchased a 2009 Malibu LTZ w/ V6 fully loaded. Previous rental car with 5.6k miles for only $21k. Best car I have ever owned....so far. Love driving it. Red Jewel w/ cocoa/cashmere interior, sun roof, heated seats, etc.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Is the $21K OTD or plus TTL? That is a really good deal! I have got some quote for a new 2009 Chevy Malibu 4 cylinder LT1 with 6 speed automatic for around $22K OTD. You did very well. 5.6K miles is still new. Congrats on a getting a great car.
  • silverbullet13silverbullet13 Member Posts: 1
    09 LT2 sunroof 24 OTD with 0% over five years. Was checking out the Saturn Aura as well and Chevy was able to beat them for almost same car. I think the Malibu has better lines than the Aura but just my opinion, also like the sueded leather on the malibu just like the saturn red line leather. Little differences as well as the leather around the shifter and a little more chrome tipped the scale for the Malibu. Other thing I considered was resale value, not because I would sell this car but just in case for insurance purposes the Chevy will stand up better if Saturn goes under first. Only bad thing about this car is I don't like the chevy emblem otherwise one of the best drives out there, smooth as silk, great on gas for size, luxurious silent interior, and one of the biggest trunks you will ever see. I will purchase the trunk liner cargo net, can be purchased for cheaper than $185 on sticker.
  • surfgermanysurfgermany Member Posts: 24
    Well looks like we go buy in the am here's my deal
    09 malibu ltz v6 silver with ebony and brick interior sunroof and power
    pkg
    22850 plus tax title and minus a few hundred i have on my GM card rewards.
    seems to be as low as i can get in this area tried 5 dealers and costco/sams club prices
    so end up at 23465 otd or so, will update tomorrow if it all works out
    Well looks like we go buy in the am here's my deal
    09 malibu ltz v6 silver with ebony and brick interior sunroof and power
    pkg
    22850 plus tax title and minus a few hundred i have on my GM card rewards.
    seems to be as low as i can get in this area tried 5 dealers and costco/sams club prices
    so end up at 23465 otd or so, will update tomorrow if it all works out

picked it up today 23448 otd (included 300 gm card cash) very nice car included 2yr xm 2ys maint and 2 yrs onstar
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    seems like you did well surf.
    I think so really was going for a camry xle but we were at a 4500$ diff and the colors on the xle were awful light grey or light camel carpet prob would be clean for 10 maybe 15 mins lol what was strange around here was the 1500 $ diff on the same car from 5 dealers
    That is a great price on a 09 LTZ v6. Congrats on purchasing a great car.
  • fpinhofpinho Member Posts: 58
    Hi surfgermany,

Could you send me the numbers from your sales receipt as I am in the market for the same car. If need be I would drive to Vriginia to pick it up if they give me the same price. I just want to see what the Sales receipt looks like. Did you price the 4 cylinder version as well and if so what price were you able to negotiate for the 4 cyl. I drove the 4 and 6 and there is a huge difference ... the 6 sounds so much better ... Please send the info for the sales receipt if you dont mind to [email protected]

Thanks, Frank
  • lugnut1012lugnut1012 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there. I am new to this forum but I have been reading a lot of it lately. I am currently looking at a 2008 Chevy Malibu. It is one of the last one left in the area. It is a white LT 1LT with mats, boding molding, and convience package. They are giving me the $2750 rebate right now. Do you think that if I can get this car at Invoice ($21816) that I should take it? The MSRP is $22,658. Should I try to get a lower price? What is everybody's thought? If I don't go with this then I will be paying $1,500 more to get an 2009 model.
    you should get around 5K to 6K off closer to 6K to be a good deal. you can buy a new 2009 ls for 16.8K check out www.fitzmall.com and blaiselexander.com they list their prices they ware willing to sell for right on the net. if they can do so can others. remember an 08 is one year old already whether it is unsold or not. look at the used value of an 08 her are edmunds or elswhere. type in 12 miles for the mileage you will still notice a significant hit. so you take a big hit and you did not even get to drive one time during 08. what do you think that same dealer would give you for an 09 if you bring it back two weeks later to trade in ... then it will be a diffferent story. fitzmall. has an 08 ltx with 320 miles for 22.8.
    Sorry didnt look at a 4cyl ltz did drive a lt2 with the 4 and have to say i was impressed how far the 4's have come in the 10 yrs since i had a 4 cyl

26220 credit union price(go to gm web and look for it)
    plus 389 process
    plus 798 tax
    plus 107 title/lic fee
    = 27515
    -4065 rebates/credits (1250 1500 500 and 500) 315 gm credits

the second 500 was auto show and that only runs till the 2nd of march the others were available everywhere in the mid atl region

gives otd of 23448 (rounded numbers)
  • loulovecarloulovecar Member Posts: 2
    Hi New guy here I just got my leftover L T Z 08 OTD $23000
    down here in fl. I hope i got a good price I have been shopping for a good two month. :shades:
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Am looking at an LT2--

1) Does blue tooth work pretty well with a verizon phone?
    2) The radio isn't the upgraded 6 disc. How is the sound from the standard radio?

Any one suggest a decent price for, say, an LT2 with an MSRP of $26,500 or so with options/destination included?

I'd go for the LTZ but find the shiny wheels repulsive.
  • ebz06ebz06 Member Posts: 1
    In January, after negotiating with 4 dealers for a V6 LTZ (MSRP $30,249)with varying degrees of success, I finally settled on a deal for $21,722. That included a dealer discount plus GM Cashback ($1250), Loyalty ($1000), Lessee ($2000) and a GM Card top-off ($2000). As the wife would say: "I couldn't leave it there". Further, the dealer in Port Jervis, NY gave me $1000 more than any other for my trade-in. The entire process was absolutely PAINLESS (as it should be-but never is).

We left completely satisfied with the deal and even more so with the car itself. GM-loyal all my life, I have to say this is one terrific automobile. :)
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    Any one suggest a decent price for, say, an LT2 with an MSRP of $26,500 or so with options/destination included?

My first offer would be $21,500, but would settle at $22,500. Good luck.
    would that include a $2000 rebate I am eligible for due to ending a lease? I understand there is a 3250 rebate plus the 2000 lease ending rebate, if I don't take the 0% financing.
    if you have the lease return then shoot for 19500. do you have gm mastercard pts too.
  • fuzzyb18fuzzyb18 Member Posts: 2
    Just received a dealer quote on a 2009 Malibu LT2 with sunroof and mat package for $21,307 + TTL. Price includes $2750 in rebates. How far down do you think I could push this price?
    what part of the country do you live in (State)?
  • fuzzyb18fuzzyb18 Member Posts: 2
    I live in Wisconsin.
    fuzzy that might be all she wrote. gm has not produced many cars in two months inventory on the good sellers is very low.
  • icedog97icedog97 Member Posts: 141
    I am looking at a base LS...MSRP of $21,715

Dealer offered me $16,711 + ttl

I am thinking this is a pretty good deal...there probably isn't much more room to move $ wise in the base model. Any thoughts?
    The lowest I have seen for a LS is $16,999, so you are getting a really good deal for a base LS. I say go for it.
  • famusfamus Member Posts: 9
    Which state are you in? The price I got this month was $1.5K higher then Jan.
    I am in PA.

I have a good relationship with my dealer (3rd car there) and they came thru for me in a big way (I think).

They had 5 LS/LTs that they were willing to deal on.

I ended up with a 1LT (4cyl), black granite with ebony interior plus the power package that gives you 6 way power driver seat and remote starter...

Sticker: $23,175
    After rebates: $16,438 ($265 was from my GM card)
    OTD: ~ $17,477

Plus, they matched the rate my credit union would give me for financing...5.5%

I am very happy with this deal!

The Malibu has a nice smooth and quite ride and if it holds up well, it will make a great first car for my daughter in 6 years or so.
    did you pay state tax prior to rebate, or after rebate is deducted? in ohio, you pay tax on the sale price of the car, and then the rebate is deducted. i'd buy a 4 cylinder LTZ tomorrow, but even with $5250 in total rebates, I'm still being quoted in the mid $23000 after taxes.
    Taxes are calculated on the $16,438.

I'm not sure I understand how they can have a state tax on an amount you did not pay??!!

I always thought you pay the tax on what the car actually cost you.

Could it be that they pocket the difference?
    In Ohio if the sale price on the malibu is, say $25,000 and the total rebate is $4750, I pay tax on the 25,000 (6.5% in my county) , so the price of the car is $26,625, and then I deduct the rebate to get to 21875 OTD.

I'd like to deduct the rebate first and get the sale price of the car to $20250 to $21515. Not a huge difference, but still.
  • ddombrowski1ddombrowski1 Member Posts: 5
    Hey all,

I've been looking for an 09 Malibu for my mother, but I'm a bit confused by the current rebates out there.

Dealers have been offering some pretty decent MFR rebates by themselves. I got one quote with a rebate amount of around $5,250 and there was recently a fatwallet.com story about a dealer up in new york offering 25% off of MSRP (which equates to around a discount of $6,000, so thats pretty equal.

Now, I went on the edmunds website, and saw several rebates. One was 1250 customer cash, one was 1500 customer cash (I think), one was 2000 lease savings (I guess if you were turning in a lease vehicle early), and one was 1000 marketing incentive to dealers.

But, when I priced the car out on edmunds, it showed the price as MSRP - "incentives" of 2750, which means it added the 1250 and 1500 one together and didn't show the other two.

for a discount of $5250, I don't see any combination of those 4 numbers that gives me 5,250 (sounds like a math problem from elementary school....). So, any idea what the real rebates are? BTW, we are not turning in a lease.

FWIW, we're looking for an imperial blue 2LT with tan interior.

Sorry, I tried to cut it short. Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks!
    It can be a little tricky...you can look at two different financial sheets at the dealers and get two different numbers.

In the end, I don't care what type of tricks they do with the money...so long as I know how much I am financing and at what rate.

My Malibu LT had a sticker of $23,175 but they showed the list price of $21,703 and THAT'S the price they took my rebates from (my rebates were $5,265.17) to get to $16,438.

So a discount of $1,472 was NOT counted as a rebate anywhere.

I signed a GM Customer Incentive Aknowledgement that had these totals for my Rebates:
    Customer Cash: $1,250.00
    Bonus Cash: $1,500.00
    Lesee Bonus Cash: $2,000.00
    Dealer additional contribution: $250.00
    GM Card: $265.17

I guess the thing to remember in my case is that they told me the 5 cars they were willing to deal on and I picked one of them. Based on the Inspection Sticker (9/09) these had been on the lot for about 6 months (unless my understanding of how that works is incorrect). When I drove it off the lot it read 4 miles on the odometer...so I know it wasn't moved around much.

Hope that helps.
  • greatlakesjrgreatlakesjr Member Posts: 109
    I'm kind of "kicking the tires" these days regarding a new car, it would be a third car without replacing one of ours. If I find a deal I can't refuse, I might bite but I don't necessarily NEED one at this time. Wasn't really looking domestic but I love the new Malibu and what is being said about it so I'm willing to give them a chance. E-mailed a dealer and got a quote on a 1LT w/body side moldings, 6-speed tranny, and the Power Convenience package. Got a price back OTD of 22,353 which includes sales tax, all rebates,etc, etc. Live in Michigan (6%). Doesn't sound like much of a deal for me but perhaps I'm wrong. I won't bite at that price regardless but curious to hear opinions on this deal. Thanks!
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Not much. In southern ohio here the 22000 msrp malibu has been advertised for $14000 (with 2k lessee rebate) for several months.

Most of the 08 vehicles like the malibu, (mazda6,fusion,Impala etc) have a trade in value of 10000 (Impala)-$13000. This is what the 09 malibu would be worth in 12 months. Perhaps a $24000 msrp malibu would be worth $14000 or so, under normal conditions. With the worst car sales in a decade, and the issue of GM bankruptcy/warrantees (an issue of when not if), $14000 would be a ok price on an 09 22k malibu for ALL purchasers, (not just lease turn-ins).

Many of the deals being reported are nothing to write home about, compared to previous years. The tax dollars coming from the govt are probably keeping the prices up, (for Chrysler and GM) the dealers not having to dump stock to raise cash.
    The imports are benefiting a bit from the domestics troubles, and they are more flexible on production (actually able to make a large profit on cars in good times)

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm kind of "kicking the tires" these days regarding a new car, it would be a third car without replacing one of ours. If I find a deal I can't refuse, I might bite but I don't necessarily NEED one at this time. Wasn't really looking domestic but I love the new Malibu and what is being said about it so I'm willing to give them a chance. E-mailed a dealer and got a quote on a 1LT w/body side moldings, 6-speed tranny, and the Power Convenience package. Got a price back OTD of 22,353 which includes sales tax, all rebates,etc, etc. Live in Michigan (6%). Doesn't sound like much of a deal for me but perhaps I'm wrong. I won't bite at that price regardless but curious to hear opinions on this deal. Thanks!
    Finally purchased 09 Malibu LTZ 4 cylinder w/ sunroof MSRP 28400 My otd price including all taxes and fees = 22866.00 .... Rebates applied came out to 6750.00
    Very happy with the deal and the car ... This is GM's last chance after owning several Yukon's with problems, rattles etc. If this Malibu doesnt come through no more GM, Ford etc....

Here is a breakdown of the numbers:

MSRP 28400
    purchase price 27300
    Tax 7% NJ - 1911 (which gets deducted on next years taxes :)
    Total Price 29211
    -----------------------
    Rebates Applied : -6750 (1K of this was GM Card points)
    MV Fees +254
    Tire Tax NJ +7.50
    Doc Fee +144

Final OTD Price: 22866

Based on my calculations I received close to 28% off of MSRP & very happy with the deal ....
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Given all the suspension issues with my '04 Maxx, I closely studied Consumer Union's repair records for Chevrolet and other GM brands, then compared them to other brands.

Big surprise:
    Save for 1st and sometimes 2nd year, All the recent GM vehicle designs list much below average reliability for suspension components.

Other brands (except Chrysler) fared much better in suspension reliability.

When buying a Maxx, it would be good to get the repair history of:
    Struts,
    Front Steering racks,
    Front Steering intermediate shafts,
    Steering Columms
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I agree. I think I could get a better deal on an similar Accord which holds their value a LOT better. Would love to give GM a chance but not realy anxious if they are blind to the market conditions. Frankly, I believe the GMS pricing right now should be automatic for anyone along with a few more perks.
  • pragmatist1pragmatist1 Member Posts: 26
    I was about to buy a Prius, but read something on line about how good the Malibu was. I haven't bought a new American car in a decade, and never a GM, but I'd prefer to if the product were reliable, safe, with decent mileage, and the reviews say the Malibu is all of these things. I'm interested in an LS, don't have a lease to turn in, don't have a GM credit card. From Edmund's, it looks like there's 2750 to customer plus 1000 to dealer available. Does anyone know what the holdback is on this car? Are there any other incentives available? What price should I expect to pay for one of these?
    Without the lease rebate, they want about $16000 around here.($22000msrp). If you get bids from about 10 dealers via email last week of the month you may work something in the $15000's. Don't know what will happen in the traditional inventory clearance May-July. So far there aren't lots of "once in a lifetime" buy a car for any reason deals out there.(yet)

Good luck
    --jjf

was about to buy a Prius, but read something on line about how good the Malibu was. I haven't bought a new American car in a decade, and never a GM, but I'd prefer to if the product were reliable, safe, with decent mileage, and the reviews say the Malibu is all of these things. I'm interested in an LS, don't have a lease to turn in, don't have a GM credit card. From Edmund's, it looks like there's 2750 to customer plus 1000 to dealer available. Does anyone know what the holdback is on this car? Are there any other incentives available? What price should I expect to pay for one of these?
    Don't pay up for these cars... There may be a huge shooting gallery for most cars in the traditional may-july inventory reductions. A 90 day supply is considered bloated for most autos.

Good luck
    --jjf

---------------------------------
    Industry's Big Hope for Small Cars Fades - WSJ.com
    Bookmark added by casudi on 03/23/2009
    Public

Description Click to Edit
    Last summer, when gas cost $4 a gallon, buyers snapped up small cars so fast that dealers couldn't keep them in stock. Now, with gas prices half that level, almost 500,000 fuel-thrifty models are piled up unsold around the country.

The turnabout comes at a bad time for the struggling U.S. car industry, which has revamped factories and shifted product plans to produce more small cars in coming years. The moves are prompted by coming stricter federal fuel-economy standards and the Obama administration's car-bailout plan, which encourages auto makers to boost their vehicles' mileage.

Practically every small car in the market is stacked up at dealerships. At the end of February, Honda Motor Co. had 22,191 Fits on dealer lots -- enough to last 125 days at the current sales rate, according to Autodata Corp. In July, it had a nine-day supply, while the industry generally considers a 55- to 60-day supply healthy.

For other models the supply situation is even worse. Toyota Motor Corp. has enough Yaris subcompacts to last 175 days. Chrysler LLC has a 205-day supply of the Dodge Caliber. And Chevrolet dealers have 427 days' worth of Aveo subcompacts. At the current sales rate, General Motors Corp. could stop making the Aveo and it wouldn't run out until May 24, 2010.

"I don't think Americans really like small cars," said Beau Boeckmann, whose family's Galpin Ford in southern California is the country's largest Ford dealer. "They drive them when they think they have to, when gas prices are high. But we're big people and we like big cars."

The logjam of small cars is caused in part by the recession, which has sapped sales of all types of vehicles. But it also underscores how badly gasoline prices have whipsawed the industry

GM Has 161 Day Supply Plus Massive Cash Burn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM struggles to reduce cash burn

Jesse Snyder

Automotive News | March 2, 2009 - 12:01 am EST

Here's the scary thing about General Motors' fourth-quarter operating loss of $5.9 billion: There's little reason to expect much improvement in the first three months of 2009.

Despite drastic cuts in production, employment, marketing and capital expenditures, GM still is hemorrhaging cash.

How bad is it? In a conference call last week, CFO Ray Young said GM's cash burn this year would be less than last year, which it put at $19.2 billion — but admitted the cash burn in 2009 would be "front-loaded."

Translation: The short-term bleeding will continue. It will be hard in this quarter for GM to reduce its cash-burn much below the $5.2 billion consumed in the last three months of 2008.

And that won't be popular in Washington, where bureaucrats analyzing GM's bailout request seek assurance that they aren't throwing good money after bad.

One of GM's biggest headaches is a stubbornly high inventory. Despite drastic cuts in production, GM had a 161-day vehicle supply on Feb. 1. A 60-day supply is considered ideal. In unit terms, GM had 792,600 vehicles in stock, down 69,800 from Jan. 1. That's a reasonable figure by historical standards.

But sales have collapsed, so unsold cars and trucks still are piled up on dealership lots. GM's January sales totaled 122,728 units, down 48.9 percent from January 2008.

GM sales analyst Mike DiGiovanni expects GM's February sales to be "about the same" as January, and he sees only modest improvements in the months ahead.

At current selling rates, Chevrolet has more than a year's worth of unsold HHRs and Aveos.
  • ddombrowski1ddombrowski1 Member Posts: 5
    Okay, my mother has decided she likes the car and we've decided to go ahead with the purchase if the numbers work out. I still don't understand how you guys are seeing such low offers without the 2k lesee rebate (ie, JJFs post about a 22k msrp car going for 16 without the lesee rebate).

The car we're looking at is a base model LT2, with an MSRP of 24705 without destination according to edmunds. Invoice is 23,346. Say we offer 23500.

There are 3250 in cash rebates right now, we don't qualify for the lessee rebate. Theres also the 1000 dealer cash marketing support. So that brings us to 19,250 as our offer.

Even if they used the car as a loss leader or factored in holdback, I don't see how on earth they would sell that car in the 16k range.

Should we realistically offer 18? Where is the extra money coming from? Or should I just offer 850 under invoice (150 over - $1000 marketing support) and take the rebates?

Thanks guys. Looking to do a deal by tonight or tomorrow before the rebates expire.
    The vehicle ($25000) will probably have a trade in value of less than $14000 in 12 months. Its sister cars the saturn aura has a (08) used trade in of $12000 (motor trend car of year 07?) and the Pontiac g6 ($22000msrp) under $11000. The Ford Fusion ($12000 trade in) is similar. Offering $19000 for a car that will barely trade in for $13000 in 12 months is no great shakes during normal times, much less the worst auto environment in 25 years and the company technically bankrupt.

All the stuff with gov't "guarantees" of warantees may or may not be tentative. The UAW has every intention of dragging them all to the bottom.

Published invoice figures have been nominal for almost 2 decades. Trying to figure their "cost" and "profit" minus holdback is silly. There is unadvertised dealer cash available sometimes and certainly here.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • oquainaoquaina Member Posts: 2
    This afternoon I am meeting with my salesman to discuss numbers & I could use some help, as this is my 1st time negotiating a car. I have a pretty good background in crunching numbers because I am a senior in college with a double major in accounting and finance.

2009 Chevy Malibu LT2 w/a V6.

It already has around 1,100 miles on it because it is a demo. The salesman hasn't given me a price yet because they were "reworking" the prices as of today. I think he is just trying to push me around because I'm a young woman & he probably doesn't think I know anything about cars.

Any advice?
  • postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    First, they should know ahead how much they are selling car for. They are being dishonest and trying to profit on you as much as they can.

Is there a reason why you want demo car? Because it is cheaper?

Young woman should not buy a new or used car alone.. do you have father or brother?

Be very careful, I have read of people who paid demo models from previous year more than experienced buyers did new one with 0 miles.
  • oquainaoquaina Member Posts: 2
    They offered me 20,500 walk out price. It only has 1100 miles on it. I think it's a fair price since the sticker was around 27000 (it's loaded). My husband went with me, but I wanted to be as knowledgeable as possible before I went in. Do you think that is a good price? I'm going today to sign.
    1100 miles is only about $350 off the price if you are the 1st titled. If you are in a state where tax, title and licence is about $1800 you have a "very good" deal. If in a state where its closer to $1000, still "pretty good".

Go to cars.com. See how many of the new vehicles are available within 50 miles or so of you. The chevy website may be more informative. If its the only one in the exact color and options you want go for it. Obviously, you have shopped for financing as you know you can leave $1500 or more on the table there over 4-5 years.

Deals are in "" quotes as what a good deal from a bankrupt company with "govt guaranteed" warantees is worth is open to question. Personally, I would be looking for around a $18000 purchase price. Whether they let it go for that (or less) would depend on their sales this month.

Good luck
    --jjf

They offered me 20,500 walk out price. It only has 1100 miles on it. I think it's a fair price since the sticker was around 27000 (it's loaded). My husband went with me, but I wanted to be as knowledgeable as possible before I went in. Do you think that is a good price? I'm going today to sign.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Ford, GM or Hyundai vehicle due to the owner protection plans. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to [email protected] by Monday, April 13, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    Looking at an 09 Malibu with the flex fuel 3.5 V-6 engine (only made for a couple months in early 2009 supposedly). April doesn't seem to be as good a month to deal as March was here in OH. I'd like to know where "jfritsch" gets his numbers as here in Dayton they are very different. i am looking for at least 5k off sticker and that's with the extra $500 for being a credit union member. Any help?
    7-8500 off msrp has been advertised in Cincinnati for numerous weeks. (The higher # with lease turn in rebate). The sales of the Malibu haven't been that bad for GM it seems, and you may have to pay up for the rarer vehicles. Not all dealers may let them go that cheap either. Many people may be unloading as many GM points as possible before chapter 11. Some may mistakenly believe this is a once in a lifetime chance for a low price. (untrue, yet)

The $22000 msrp 09 Malibu's Saturn twin has a 08 trade in value used of barely $12000. (msrp 22000). The Malibu's near twin, the pontiac G6 (msrp 22000) barely $11000. The $24000 msrp Impala barely 11000 also. This is what the 09's will be worth about 12 months from now. Even 7000 off msrp is hardly giving them away.

So either you have a lot of GM points to get rid of (they usually limit the amount you can use anyway) or really really want a Malibu.

Good luck
    --jjf

Looking at an 09 Malibu with the flex fuel 3.5 V-6 engine (only made for a couple months in early 2009 supposedly). April doesn't seem to be as good a month to deal as March was here in OH. I'd like to know where "jfritsch" gets his numbers as here in Dayton they are very different. i am looking for at least 5k off sticker and that's with the extra $500 for being a credit union member. Any help?
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    got the new car itch after six years driving a Maxima and had some spare time after finishing up my taxes. Wanted to look at American cars but was really pi$$ed to find Korean Hankook tires on the flex-fuel Malibus i drove.
    Slowly getting turned off to the buying process after four days...
    thanks for the quick reply, jfritsch
    pegasus,

I feel your pain. I got the new car itch myself and requested a couple online quotes (haven't even test drove one) for the Malibus and they seem pretty arrogant in their pricing so far (or unwilling to even quote without me coming in). Granted, I didn't counter yet but they don't appear too flexible at this time. Fine. I don't really need one right now but I have the money and was willing to help out a struggling American company. Yeah, I want a substantial discount for my risk but I'm not looking to make a killing either.