Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hoodoo_guruhoodoo_guru Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a RAV4 Limited V6 AWD this weekend in Portland, Oregon area (no sales tax!) . Thus far, I have two decent offers I'm getting the respective dealers to sweeten. These are by no means the best I expect to do, but are the initial offers from the dealers. Frankly, there is still some "fat" in these deals such as "accessory packages" and "ad fees" which I refuse to pay for.

Nevertheless, interested in hearing how these compare to other deals discussed here.

Deal 1:
    Limited, AWD, V6 with included Options:
    EJ- JBL Radio
    HD- Heated seats
    LA- Leather seat package
    RL- Daytime running lights
    SR- Moonroof
    TO- Tow prep package
    MF- Mudguards
    Rear bumper applique
    Current Offered Price: $28,674
    Edmunds TMV: $28,913
    Edmunds Invoice: $27,869

Deal 2:
    Limited, AWD, V6 with included Options:
    EJ- JBL Radio
    HD- Heated seats
    LA- Leather seat package
    RL- Daytime running lights
    TO- Tow prep package
    CF- carpet/mats
    Rear bumper applique
    Current Offered Price: $28,444
    Edmunds TMV: $28,281
    Edmunds Invoice: $27,275
  • firsttoyota1firsttoyota1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, everyone! I just bought this car TONIGHT and wanted to check that I did okay on the pricing!! Edmunds CarSpace is such a great resource!

I'm in SoCal, and it was a 2006 Toyota Certified Used Vehicle with 16,302 miles, a RAV4 Limited with the V6 FWD engine, automatic transmission in Blizzard Pearl (metallic white color) and Ash grey cloth seats. I think it's very pretty and in very nice, clean used condition.

Additional options included:
    -JBL 9-speaker sound system w/6-disc in-dash CD changer
    -Glass moonroof
    -3rd-row seat, Hill start/descent assist
    -Front/side airbags
    -Carpeted mats
    -Cargo tray
    -Rear bumper applique

I paid $19,999 for the car, plus $1995 for an additional $0-deductible Toyota-backed bumper-to-bumper 7-yr/100,000-mile warranty (not third-party; I can use any Toyota dealer for repairs) on top of the 1 year of original factory warranty remaining and 7-yr/100,000-mile Certified powertrain warranty), bringing it to $21,994. I thought maybe getting so much warranty was excessive, but on the CarFax, even though it was a single-owner car and with such low miles, it said that a computer module had been replaced last year, and I really did not want to risk anything going wrong with this car while it was being financed. With TTL, this came to: $23,918.46. They gave me $7750 for my 2003 Camry XLE V6 trade-in (85,000 miles) and I put $3000 down, so I ended up financing $13,168.46 @ 5.38% x 60 months. Does that all sound reasonable to you? I have only had the car for a few hours, but I am very happy with it! It was a lovely drive home and my dogs will definitely appreciate the extra space. :) The experience was great from a human standpoint--everyone at the dealer was super-nice to me and I didn't feel pressured at all. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the economics end of things!
  • dmb5dmb5 Member Posts: 3
    As reading this forum was so helpful in my decision to purchase a 2008 RAV4, I thought I would return the favor and let people know what I paid for my car. I purchased a 2008 RAV, automatic, 4 cyl with 4WD and the 3rd row option, which also comes with the day time running lights, roof rack, and steel wheels. It also had floor mats. I purchased it for $23,496 plus tax and title. This is invoice. I emailed every dealer in Western WA as well as in Portland OR. No one would give me less than invoice, most would match, and one asked me how much profit I thought the dealer deserved and asked me to set the price there. I feel confident that I got the best deal I could. Thank you RAV4 discussion group.
  • robomacrorobomacro Member Posts: 7
    Interested in RAV4 sports V6 4X4. I lives in Redmond, WA.

I've got several quotes from local dealer. One of them looks like this:

Dealer
    Vehicle Base Model ..........................: $ 23003.00
    50 State Emissions .........................
    JBL AM/FM 6-Disc In Dash CD Changer with ... 668.00
    Hands-Free Phone Capability via Bluetooth ..
    Wireless Technology, Satellite Radio .......
    Capability, MP3/WMA Playback Capability ....
    and 9 Speakers In 7 Locations (Includes ....
    Subwoofer) .................................
    Cargo Area Tonneau Cover with .............. 112.00
    Multipurpose Cargo Net with Support Poles ..
    Daytime Running Lights ..................... 32.00
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade ....... 720.00
    Towing Prep Package - V6 3,500lb. Towing ... 128.00
    Capacity - Includes Upgrade Radiator, Fan ..
    Coupling, Alternator, and Pre-Wiring ......
    Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mat ................ 126.00
    --------
    Total accessories 1806.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 685.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 557.00
    Gasoline ....................................: $ 10.00
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 527.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 263.00
    -------
    Total .......................................: $ 26851.00

Any suggestions about it? I know that I probably need to pay for destination charge. But why others? Gasoline and holdback???
  • firsttoyota1firsttoyota1 Member Posts: 2
    Well, I had one hectic night and morning of discovering and trying to resolve the fact that I had been taken advantage of in regards to the price I paid for the warranty!! In any case, I just came back from the dealer--with good news!!! After some super helpful outside assistance, I managed to get the overpriced warranty knocked down to $805 for the exact same coverage, and they re-wrote the contract so that I could pay that in cash and take it out of the financing.

Thus, the total NOW spent on the car + warranty not incl TTL was $20,804. Not bad, I think, for a Certified 2006 Limited FWD V6 with only 16k miles, especially when compared to a brand-new 2008 model!!! YAY. I am now extremely happy, and can't wait for years and years of fun to be had with this car.
  • heartgodheartgod Member Posts: 13
    Today (6/28/08) I bought a new RAV 4 Base 2 WD (4430) at Toyota of Orlando with the following options (there was only 1 car on the lot with the third row, so not really options but already on the only vehicle on the lot, with almost no cars with a third row available anywhere):

Car ------------invoice $19888
    Roof rails----invoice $176
    Daytime running lights--invoice $32
    50/50 Split 3rd row seat---invoice $760
    Toyota protection group--invoice $159
    AM/FM 6 Disc in dash CD--invoice $250
    17 in. 5-spoke alluminum ally wheels--invoice--$448
    Floor mats--invoice 192.50
    Fuel surcharge--- estimated invoice is 80% of MSRP- $27.50

A= Invoice price (with options) $21833
    B= Holdback (in FL 2% of invoice price) $437
    C= Wholesale reseve (1% of car MSRP $21500) $215

Dealer cost= A-B-C = $21181
    Delivery charge $735
    TDA at this dealer $700 (included dealer prep)

If I had offered 3% above dealer cost, I estimate my price would have been $23900

I got the car for $21750 (which included the delivery charge) +700 TDA= $22450 + TTL. Oh, by the way I was initially quoted an initial price of $22995- got to the dealer, and the sale price was $21995, and they lowered it to a final of $21750)

If my calculations are correct, the cost of the car before delivery and TDA was $21015, which is $100 less than the dealer's actual cost.

Appreciate anyone's comments. I think I got a steal, but could be wrong. I was already told by the internet Sales manager that since this was the end of the month, the initial price she quoted ($22995) was subject to further reduction, and sure enough they were very eager to deal on a car with a third row that can hardly be found.
    I'm looking for a RAV4 base trim with V6 engine and 4WD, Options includes:
    - cargo area tonneau cover
    - daytime running light
    - towing package
    - carpet floor mats
    - and some dealer installed VIP package (the one that I don't like)

The OTD price is 27500, which is kind higher than what I expected. I already tried hard with the dealer today. Any one has some ideas about this price. Is it fair or not?

Thanks.

BTW: I lives in seattle.
    If you paid more than invoice for the car, then I think you did pay too much. It's best not to deal with the sales people in person. I just bought my RAV4 in Seattle too, but I negotiated over email. Once I had the lowest price possible (invoice), I emailed every dealer from Canada to Portland to see if anyone wanted to beat it. No one did, so I asked for a confirmation email from the dealer that showed the invoice (which I confirmed on USAA as well as other sites) as well as the specs on the car so that I wouldn't show up and suddenly the car has magically disappeared etc. I found a number of dealers willing to negotiate over email, but Lake City, which I am guessing is where you went based on the VIP package, was not one of them, so I ditched them early on. I couldn't get below invoice b/c there are so few 3rd row RAV4s in our five state region, but I am fairly sure that you could get below invoice on the V6. Competition is stiff here. The V6s aren't selling well and the dealers need to move SUVs. Everyone wants a Prius and we've got lots of dealers to choose from. Good Luck!
    Just checked for our area code--the car you name with your particular options has an invoice of $24,250, so adding tax OTD would have been $26,408. Again, I still believe there are so many out there in our area, you could negotiate for below invoice over email. Hope this information is helpful to you as you make your final decision.
    Thank you very much! Your information are very helpful! I'll try to negotiate with more dealers to see what I can get.
  • prem73prem73 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a RAV4 2008 recently and would like to know if I can get a third row fitted to it, one that is kind of removable or foldable because when I tried to purchase it with the 3rd row, the dealer was asking for a price which is like 3 to 4 thousand dollars more than the normal one. So I would like to know if I can get it fixed after I purchase it and how much would it cost also where to get it done.
  • lakhanirahullakhanirahul Member Posts: 1
    Hi I would like to make sure I am understanding the invoice price on this well:

The best quote I am getting from a dealer on this car is
    $20928 + TTL (includes options, accessories, destination fee)

Configuration I have:
    Base Model + Option B (MSRP $480) + accessory Carper Floor mats (MSRP $199)

I do plan to negotiate this price down further but can you please tell me if this is a decent deal? How much lower should I offer to the dealer?

Thanks
    Rahul
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I'm no expert but I'm guessing that even if you could get the third row added it would probably wind up costing you the same if not more had you bought the third row to begin with.
  • 2008car2008car Member Posts: 29
    If your in So Cal

I've seen it advertise for $19,888 for a base model

And several times I've seen a base model for $18,888
    Does any one know if you purchase the car with a credit card?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Most dealers have a limit... Usually $2000-$5000 is the max they will take on a card...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bledsoebledsoe Member Posts: 3
    :shades: I bought at bleow invoice so, yes, $100 over invoice is going to be pretty easy to do. This is a great time to buy because dealerships are slow right now. I bought the Consumer Reports Car Buyer's Kit, shopped all the Toyota dealers within my range, about an hours drive and closer, and called each one after deciding what I wanted. Buying at the end of the month will help you. Letting the dealers know that you don't "need" to buy helps you. Being willing to walk away if you don't like the deal helps you too. I worked 7 dealers and in the end had 3 dealers who said they would sell under invoice. I went with the best price. It was not completely easy, it took some work on my part, and one dealer lied to me and wasted about two hours of my time, but in the end I saved a lot of money. Good luck!
    Get the Consumer Reports Car Buying Kit! There is a $500 holdback on that car and there is much more you need to know! It's the best money I've spent in quite a while. I just got my new Rav4 V6 Sport for $554 below list, with lots of options.
  • toddler1toddler1 Member Posts: 1
    :blush: Heard the 2009 RAV4 is coming in Aguest?

Is it right time to get good deal in late of July?

2008 RAV4, 4WD with regular option, 3rd row seat, $21,500 or $22,000 before fax and documental fee, etc.
    Is it a reasonable price in MA?

Hope kindly suggestion....

Thanks in advance
  • thomasw98thomasw98 Member Posts: 29
    What do you mean by "below list"?
  • 96gc1owner96gc1owner Member Posts: 54
    Bought a Base 4WD, 5 sp auto, aluminum wheels, tow prep, side air bags, trac control/down hill assist, roof rack, mud flaps, wheel locks, cargo cover, mats. OTD price was $18,000 (no tax or tag fee included just dealer paperwork fees). Sale price was $17,650. Vehicle is one owner with 40K miles. Certification is only on powertrain, but included a new set of tires & fresh fluids. I had them throw in a 2" receiver hitch/wiring harness. They wanted $1300 for the 7/100 bumper to bumper. No thanks...it's a Toyota. :shades:
    No need to buy CR purchase kit. The truth is, dealer WILL tell you that holdback and wholesale financing reserve are profits, even they sell car with exactly invoice proice. For RAV4 sports, it is 527+263=$790. But dealers, at least dealers around lake washington, are just refuse to negotiate with that. I tried several dealers, they all agreed to sell car with invoice, but not below it.

And $26851.00 is the lowest invoice price that I can found with a sports RAV4 V6 4WD with sunroof,JBL and a bunch of other accessories. I probably will go for it.
    Picked up a Rav4 Sport 2WD 4 Cyl for

$24,500

Out The Door.

Did i do good?

Got quoted

Rav 4 Sport 4-cylinder:
    MSRP: $ 25,679.00
    Invoice: $ 23,720.00
    Selling Price: $ 22,568.00 plus tax and license.
    (This price includes a $ 1,000.00 rebate)

Rav 4 Sport 6-cylinder:
    MSRP: $ 27,844.00
    Invoice: $ 25,746.00
    Selling Price: $ 24,568.00 plus tax and license.
    (This price includes a $ 1,000.00 rebate)
  • watsacwatsac Member Posts: 49
    6 things you should never say to a car salesman

Phil Reed, consumer advice editor at Edmunds.com

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnnm/080702/070208_dont_tell_salesman.html?.&.pf=family-hom- e
  • prem73prem73 Member Posts: 2
    Well could be true, but can anyone help me locate a place where I can get the third row fitted to the Rav4
    Hey Thomasw98,

What I mean by below list is this, MSRP on my Rav4 V6 Sport was 27,300. Dealer list was 25,342. Consumer Reports rock bottom price, or what the dealer really paid was 24,328. Consumer Reports suggests anywhere between 4 to 8% above the rock bottom price being a good deal. I paid 24,646. That's 318 over C.R's bottom price, and 696 under Dealer List.
  • dublinersdubliners Member Posts: 2
    This is the first time I've bought a car from a dealer so I could use some advice. I want to buy a RAV4 base model (4cyl, 2WD) with just the standard options.

1. Tried two dealers in NJ and the lowest I think I can get is $21,200. One invoice number was $21,639, which is much higher than the one listed on Consumer Reports. Any idea why?

There is a CARMAX in Maryland selling the same thing for $20,300 though I haven't looked into tax implications, etc. Does $21,200 sound good?

2. Dealers have told me 2009 RAV4 is likely coming out in October. Does anyone have any idea what kind of discount Toyota may give on 2008s at that time? I'm guessing they've done it in the past. Although I'd like a new car now, my old Camry has over 250K miles on it and could probably go a few more months.

Thanks.
  • caldreamin2caldreamin2 Member Posts: 10
    I paid $125 below invoice, plus the $1000 rebate, for a Rav4 base with third row, 17" steel wheels, roof rack/cross bars and floor mats, in California. Do you think I got a good deal? Please say YES!
    I got $0 below invoice, no rebate, for RAV4 2008 sports trim, in WA, last week. What do you say? :)
    Where do you live? I'm in WA. I can not get lower price then invoice. Dealers just refuse to negotiate with holdback.
  • zippygaellezippygaelle Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like you got a good deal to me -- which dealership did you use, as I'm in the market for a Rav4 as well. What's the rebate for -- I'm not aware of any promotion they have going now
  • caldreamin2caldreamin2 Member Posts: 10
    Do not add an after-market third row seat to another Rav4. The models with the third row are equipped with larger 17" tires and larger brakes to handle the heavier load. For safety reasons, I would NOT let a child sit in an after-market third row seat, if you can even find someone who is willing to make one for you. Too many risks!
  • markbresmarkbres Member Posts: 2
    We were at a dealer today looking at the Rav4 Limited (with leather). We got a pre-tax offer of $30,500. CR has an MSRP of $27,070. When I go through the Build Your Own feature at the website, I'm forced to pick Option B (because I want leather), and I get a price of $31,045. If I back out the options package, I'm still $800 over the CR MSRP.

If I set aside the CR price info, the offer we got is basically $500 under MSRP. That doesn't seem like a particularly good deal, right? Do people think we can get a better deal elsewhere? We've only gone to this one dealer so far, but I'm already pretty confused.
  • kriebebwkriebebw Member Posts: 26
    I recently have started to read messages on this forum as I prepare to purchase a Rav4 V6 4WD Limited in the eastern PA area. It seems from the postings that I have read thus far that a reasonable amount of dealers will negotiate to dealer invoice price but only a small portion seem to move below that amount. In an economy that seems to receive bad news day after day my thoughts are that the future buyer might have more leverage to negotiate below invoice in order for the dealers to move cars off of the lot.

Anyway, I have seen that many of you have used the internet to solicit quotes from dealers in their area. Has this been useful for obtaining good quotes or has it been just a starting point for dealers to begin 'reeling you in'? What has been your approach when soliciting a quote. For example, did you ask them to give you their best deal? Are you willing to sell at dealer invoice? This latter question seems to close the door for further negotiating any lower if the dealer comes back willing to sell the vehicle at invoice.

Looking for help with some of the acronyms used in this forum such as TTL and TDA. I assume TTL is tax, title & license. Not sure of the TDA abbreviation.

Also, anyone have feedback on ride comparison for the Limited vs. Sport. A work colleague felt that the Sport ride was stiffer than the Limited. I have test driven a Limited and a Mitsubishi Outlander on the same day on a bumpy road and the Outlander was a noticeably stiffer ride.

I noticed one comment from a dealer asking a customer as to what constitutes a 'fair profit' Any thoughts on this? I think the approx $700 that the dealer receives back from the maunfacturer is sufficent. This 3% profit seems to be lower than the Consumer Report recommended 4 to 8% 'fair deal' amount. This fair deal amount is also above dealer invoice and many of you have 'struck deals' at dealer invoice or less.

All feedback is appreciated. Thnx.
    To Kriebebw:

Please see my comments earlier on negotiating price. It has been my experience that dealers in my area (CA) will not give good prices over the internet. Most refuse to give actual numbers and just ask you to "come in to discuss". Many of them stop responding to emails once I asked for below invoice prices.

By the way, before deciding against the Rav4, I was able to face to face negotiate the price of the Rav4 down to $300 below invoice.

Re Rav ride quality: I decided not to buy a Rav4 because of the ride quality/sound/vibration. I tested the limited version and found the ride to be soft enough over big bumps, but over small bumps (washboard type) or cracks, there was a lot of vibration into the cabin and driver's seat. Also there was quite a bit of wind noise. I was really surprised because I previously owned a Camry 10 years ago which was like a Rolls Royce (smoooooth and quiet) on these same types of roads. I bought a Nissan Rogue SL instead.

Fair profit: Using "gross profit" % figures really make the dealers sound like they are getting unfairly squeezed, i.e. 3% sounds really tight. But keep in mind that the dealers do not calculate their finances in the traditional buy/sell way. Most, if not all, the cars on a dealer's lot are NOT owned by the dealer. They are just "borrowed" from the car manufacturer. The dealer's "cost" for these cars is based on an interest-type charge based on the value of the car and the amount of time the dealer holds it for. To make a simple example, a dealer's "carrying cost" (i.e. their real out of pocket) on a Rav4 might be around $500 for one specific car. So if they make $300 profit on that car, they have a nice return on investment (60%!).

One final comment: My Toyota dealer's sale manager was quite aggressive about claiming I was "asking them to lose money on the car." My response was just to laugh at his face and tell him to "figure it out." Actually I was pretty insulted that he would try to lie to me and tell me they are losing money at $300 below their fake "invoice price". Even though I got him to agree to the price eventually, this may have also influenced my feeling about (not) buying a Rav4.
    Thanks for the feedback. I need a vehicle for towing to substitute for my 5000 lb Jeep Grand Cherokee and the RAV4 seems to be the best fuel-efficient option out there. I also had the Rogue and CRV on my initial list but they can only handle light-duty towing.

I am aware of the manufactured sponsored financing $$ which is part of the hidden money. It is in the dealers best interest to get that car off the lot ASAP so that he has the best return on this money allocated for financing. Otherwise; the interest he continues to pay for this car to sit on the lot erodes away his financing allocation. From what I have read, the best scenario for a dealer is to have a customer order a car and take it the day it arrives. That way, he pays essentially no financing and gets to keep the allocated financing money.

Curious...how did your negotiations workout on the Rogue? Was it a somewhat ugly process as you seemed to describe on the Rav?
  • ykckbyykckby Member Posts: 30
    Thomas...thanks for your thoughts; I was particularly interested in your comments regarding the RAV ride. I'm looking at the RAV, CRV and Rogue (coming out of a Murano) as I need a car to use for dog shows. The ride/noise is most important to me (don't need/want a "sporty" handling car) as I want a soft car like ride that is as quiet as possible. (my favorite riding car is my husband's Lexus...but can't justify getting a RX350)

Did you also look at the CRV (although I've told it's a "chick" car...I'm a chick so that's ok for me) as I have heard it is also a very soft car like ride.

Your impressions? And, did you drive a 4cyl or 6 cyl RAV?

Thanks
    The Rogue negotiation was much easier since I had previously purchased a Nissan Versa (for my daughter) from the same salesman one year prior. On the Versa, he gave me $300 below invoice, so I told him I needed an even better below invoice price as "a reward for my loyalty to him"...haha!. He gave me $500 below invoice. It only took about 10 minutes to complete the negotiation and another ten minutes to sign all the paperwork. We then had to wait about 45 minutes for the car to be "final prepped" and filled up with gas. Everything in life should be this easy!

(By the way, I really like the Rogue. Horsepower is certainly lacking somewhat, but better that the CRV when considering the lighter weight. I am currently on mile 2200 of a trip up the west coast and so far everything about the car is great. I should probably write a review in the Rogue forum one of these days.)
    I drove the Rav4 premium level (softer suspension) with the 6 cylinder engine. But the vibration and engine noise was too much for my taste, especially when I was expecting so much better based on my previous positive Camry experience. I have read that the 4 cylinder is even worse, but I did not drive one. Overall, the Rav4 was a much more "truckish" feeling compared to the Rogue and the CRV.

I also drove the CRV (these three dealers are located side by said in my area, so comparison is very easy). It does not look like a "chick car" to my eyes...more like a small tank. But maybe the "chick car" reputation is coming from all the soccer moms that are driving the car these days.

The CRV pickup (torque and hp) was not as good as the Rogue, but the difference was not extreme. The main problem I had with the CRV was the loud wind noise at highway speeds. It seems to be coming from the left side mirror or maybe the roof rack or door frame or something in that area. Since I was planning on taking my new car on a long trip after a short break-in period, this annoying wind noise really was a big negative for me.

The ride/suspension feeling of the CRV and Rogue are similar in my experience. The CRV is larger, so slightly more "big soft boat" feeling whereas the Rogue is a bit more "bouncy". But both are acceptably smooth and vibrations are well isolated.

(Maybe we should move this post to a "compare Rav4 with other cars" thread?)
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    "To make a simple example, a dealer's "carrying cost" (i.e. their real out of pocket) on a Rav4 might be around $500 for one specific car. So if they make $300 profit on that car, they have a nice return on investment (60%!). "

heh heh, no business can survive with this kind of profit margin. You forget the salary for salesman, finance manager, people who wash the car before you test drive, people who details the car, the rent for the place etc..... It is useless to figure what is a "fair" price for a particular car. The price is going to be driven by supply and demand in your local area anyway. One always get the best deal by shopping around and compare price in your local area. Once you did that, then try compare the price to places with a lot of Toyota delear (e.g. S. California) and decide if it is worthwhile to fly out to get the car or not. If the car is really hot, dealer can sell it above MSRP, they will. As long as there are people willing to pay higher price for the same car than you, then you will have to wait. Don't waste your time to figure out if you leave a fair profit for the dealer.. They will not sell you the car if they have to loss money.
    Topgun7,

Thanks for your comments on the dealer profitablility issue. You seemed to confirm my thoughts in that it is vague to understand what is a 'fair' profit for a dealer. I do agree it is about supply and demand on the 'hot' cars and that is where these guys can makea bunch of $$$. I don't believe the Rav4 is in that 'hot' vehicle category. For us near-term buyers, I'm thinking that in our present bad economic times the dealers might be more willing and flexible to make a sale. I guess I will find out in time. BTW, I've been looking for an explanation as to the 'TDA' acronym used in prior posts (2156 from heartgod & 2154 from robomacro). Any idea?
    Robomacro,

I've been looking for an explanation as to the 'TDA' acronym used in prior posts as well as this post. Can you tell me what this terms stands for?

Thanks.
    Toyota Dealer Advertising. It is the fee that toyota charges for all dealers in WA.
  • mumtazmumtaz Member Posts: 1
    Have you considered aftermarket reupholstering? Very popular in this area. Good quality leatherwork without all the leather options package cost. Much, much cheaper than buying leather. Had my Toyota reupholstered in leather two years ago and it still looks great. Ask your dealer about it. Most have this option but you have to ask.
  • toddcttoddct Member Posts: 1
    I was able to get the dealer down to $26k out the door, including destination, taxes, registration, and the 'document processing' fee that everyone in CT seems to charge (base price incl. destination to $23978, plus $399 doc fee, plus tax, plus registration). Did I get a good deal?? They of course started me at the MSRP, but thanks to edmunds I felt reasonably confident giving them an ultimatum at $26k all in. They claimed to have to sell the car $400 under their cost, but I'm sure that's BS. I just want to be sure that I didn't do something stupid... Thanks!!
  • onekplonekpl Member Posts: 1
    Just paid $20.995 for my base 4wd everglade metallic + title, sales tax, and some minor fees. Overall I think I did good. Managed to get everything done in one day. Will have the car on monday. - NY/CT - fairfield county
  • geobeegeobee Member Posts: 2
    I'm in California too and am just starting to look into a Rav4 base with third row. What was your invoice price? $1000 rebate is until 7/31 right? Sounds like a good deal, but I can let you know what I find as I continue to look into it...Would appreciate knowing the invoice price you were given though. Thanks!
  • tilak_ytilak_y Member Posts: 1
    OTD price for RAV4 Base 4x4 with 3rd row in Oregon is 24100+218= 24318(TTL).
    I like the color. Is there any $1000 discount there on this 2008 RAV4?
    If so, I had paid little higher. But I have added 3rd row, roof rack, DRL, floor mats, Rear bumper applique, mud guards and 17" Alloy wheels. Is this a good price?
    Now I'm looking for Bumper-to-Bumper warranty.
  • obssessobssess Member Posts: 6
    Was wondering if anyone has had any recent buying experience in the DFW area. I have been quoted $23,900 for a Base V6 with Towing Pkg,Xtra Mile Pkg B, Alarm system, and vehicle shield pkg. This price is after the $500 rebate.
  • obssessobssess Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone tell me how I can get the invoice price on the Xtra Mile Option Packages. I purchased the report from CR but it does not show that as one of the options. Most of the Ravs I have looked at have it and I am trying to figure out what I should pay for the vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.