Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kernelpanickernelpanic Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for your input. I agree - I think can do better. But now it has come to standstill. One dealer just stopped responding and the other dealer has said this isthe best. Add to that the configuration + color I want is not even available in state (both the dealers pointed out the same thing). decisions..decisions...

TDA - Toyota dealer advertising fees. If you price through edmunds, they have a link to explain what it is. http://www.edmunds.com/about/feepopup.html

TTL - Tax + Tags + license. you can compute this by using www.taxandtags.com

The price I have is better than the true market value by ~ $1000 ( I am availing the 0% APR instead of $500 cashback) but $300 above Invoice. hmmm...
  • rupterrupter Member Posts: 69
    I feel the same Mazda. And they might match Fitzgerald..it's just a matter of when? Around where I live in northeast pa..these cars are selling at a brisk pace. Why?..I have no idea in this economy. Ravs, CRV's..Camry's and Accords are flying off the lots around me.

TTL is Tax, Title, License
    TDA is Toyota Dealer Advertising
    You should be able to get both cashback and 0% kernal. Tell them this is what would make the deal happen, and see what they come back with.

Just say "c'mon..the car is a year old"
  • kriebebwkriebebw Member Posts: 26
    rupter,

It appears that you do not live far from me. I would not rule out a trip to Fitzgerald's when you decided it is buying time. I've been keeping an eye on a local dealership's inventory (Milham - Easton, PA) over the last few months. In contrast to your observation, my thoughts are that these vehicles are moving of the lot very slowly. There are presently 66 2008 RAV's still on Milham's lot and now the 2009's will be showing up very soon. I would think these guys are going to have incentive very soon, if not now, to start moving these 2008 models. Two specific stock# vehicles for which I have potential interest have been on the lot since I started looking back in June timeframe. The longer the vehicle sits on the lot...the more money lost by the dealer. I also made a trip to MotorWorld in Wilkes-Barre and did some test drives on the RAV and the Mitsubishi Outlander. Any good or bad vibes on MotorWorld? They did not pressure me at all when I came in for the test drives and I never left my name or contact info. with them. This may be because I was in the 'research stage' of the buying process. My intent is to contact Fitzgerald's and get a delivered price quote on a vehicle. I will use that as a bargaining tool locally and go from there. If the local guys refuse to move on price I will drive to Fitzgerald's to buy...assuming they can get my vehicle of interest.
    I agree w/ rupter on the TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising) charges being BS. Edmond's states that this is a cost incurred by the sdealership for advertising. What Edmund's does not say in the link supplied in one of the posts is that 'floor assistance' money is supplied to the dealership by the manufacturer. This is in addition to holdback money. You can interpret floor assistance to mean $$$ for advertising and also money for financing the vehicle while it sits on the lot. Yes...the dealer does pay interest for the car to sit on his lot. That is why it is in their interest to move cars quickly. They get a fixed amount of $$$ from the manufacturer to help w/ financing. The sooner they move the car...the less interest they pay and the remaining interest funding is profit.
  • mazda626atxmazda626atx Member Posts: 227
    All I have to add is that this morning , I woke up and saw that I had a phone call from Fitzgerald motors.

I had not given them my home number and it is blocked. They got it somehow , and called ,but I did not answer as I was sleeping.
    I would think that this shows how aggresively they are trying to unload these cars.
    Again just my 2 cents.
    yes kriebebw...I am not far from Easton at all. I have driven thru there many times on my way up to the pocono mountains. When I am ready to buy..I am going to give all dealers their last shot and then go with the best deal. If I have to drive to Fitz for that deal..no sweat.

Please keep me and others up to date on you deals locally, and non local. 66 ravs on that easton lot seems like a whole lotta inventory to get rid of in that small town. I would certainly drive there also. Where I live, there is lots of money around. Alot of people are well off, and maybe that is why cars sell faster where I am located. I just wish I was one of those people...arghhh. My max on the purchase is 26K OTD. I would love to get the v6 rav limited..but it is a little over my budget. The v6 base will suffice though.

Of course by me getting a little less of a Rav model, I am not going to get us much off as I would getting a v6 Limited. But I still expect to make a good deal when the time comes. Right now I am at $2642 under MSRP..but it is basically a little under invoice. I am hoping to get at least $3300 to $3500 under MSRP by the time I am done.
    Well...I started the dealer contact process yesterday. Called Fitzgerald and asked some questions about dealer trade pricing since they don't have the exact RAV that I'm looking for. Sales rep indicated they could get the vehicle I am interested in but it would be only $100 below invoice as compared to about $700 below invoice for their instock 2008 V6 Sport & Limited models. These amounts exclude $500 cash back. When asked why prices on a few similarly equipped vehciles were slightly lower the rep indicated that they drop prices on cars a bit further if it sits on the lot over 30 days. For those of you looking at their website, he also indicated that some of the numbers posted on the 2009 models were inaccurate as they do not sell vehicles at MSRP. The 2009's are supposedly also selling at $100 below invoice but you lose the $500 cash back (at least for now). They will also order 2009 vehicles for you at the same $100 below invoice.

One interesting thing he mentioned is that they will deliver a vehicle to your residence up to about 200 miles...with supposedly no additional charge. While it is certainly attention getting...I need to think about that further. What happens if the vehicle has some shipment damage and you refuse to accept it?

I also requested a “delivered” price signed buyers order on one of their in stock vehicles which I plan to use as a quote for local negotiating. So...that's the summary at this time...a lot of options at this time...more to follow.
    Well after asking a lot of new questions, what was your impression of their honesty?
    After all we will not know if they do what they say they will , untill someone actually buys a car from them.
    Did you question them about all the hidden fees etc TDA TTL processing etc ?
    Also when you get a written buyers quote, would you please post it, so I can print it and show it to some local dealers also .
    You mention the price quoted excludes $500 cash back. So in theory you are being offered their stock cars for $1200 below invoice. When do you get this money?
    My local dealer said this in an Email.

"2008 RAV-4 LIMITED 4X4 V6 MODEL# 4453 W/ FE EJ HD LA RL SR TO CF MF MSRP 31,033.00 INVOICE 28,275.00 LESS 300.00 SELLING PRICE $ 27,975.00 PLUS TAX 2,342.90 = 30,317.90 AND DMV 227.50 NEW PLATE FEES = 30,545.40 , LESS 500.00
    CASH BACK $ 30,045.40 OUT THE DOOR.

I also wonder why Fitzgerald has a MSRP on the same car of $31,343 versus local dealers price of $31,033.00 .

Also for the last 4 days or so Fitz had 18 Ravs for sale , now it is down to 17, so I assume they sold one.
    Mazda,

Been corresponding w/ Fitz sales rep through email during the day. Thus far I don't have any negative feedback but it is still in the early going. I mentioned that I have concerns if the car is damaged during home delivery or during shipment to their dealership (still contemplating on an 09 special order) and I were to refuse delivery. Not surprisingly the rep responded they would fix it or I could refuse delivery. I will get that in writing before I buy through Fitz.

You are correct that the cars w/ $500 cash rebate are about $1200 below invoice. That $1200 is already calculated into their internet price. Compare against the posted invoice price and that accounts for the $1200. Your other point is well taken in that I did not check the accuracy of their invoice or MSRP pricing against a 3rd party source such as Kelly or Edmunds. That would be wise to do so.

Fitz has a lot of consumer info posted on their website which speaks to many of the issues raised in this forum i.e. add-ons, delivered prices and so forth. Paste this link to read. http://www.fitzmall.com/Fitzway/WhatIsTheFitzway/consumerpublications.asp

Prices listed on their website are 'delivered prices' excluding tax, title, license and a small processing fee ($55 in PA & $99 in MD) Rep stated in the following words "If you are out of state, buying with your own money and wish to take care of taxes and tag work yourself all you have to pay is $ 19 towards temp tag additional over our internet or value price as per your choice".

Mazda, I think you would want a written buyers quote for a vehicle that meets your specific model & configured for the options you choose. Mine is probaly not going to benefit you at all. Another poster (don't remeber who?) just provided a link to the Fitzgerald website to their local dealership they were working with to show them the 'delivered' price. That was enough for the local guy to drop his price.

Your question on the difference in MSRP that you mentioned between Fitz and your local dealer is legitimate. Good catch. I hope there is a good explanation for it. Some of it might be attributed to an increase in freight charges throughout the year. I noticed this same issue on a few local dealers inventory as well. I will say those were more like $60 differences and not $300. Have they buried some add-on in there...I don't know. It looks like you are comparing apples to apples w/ included options using Fitz's Stock #: 048208. You should call them and ask for the invoice on this vehicle. They should offer it to you. I will be getting an invoice over the weekend from this rep and will examine it closely to see if I see a similar trend.
    Mazda,

Just priced your vehicle out using Edmund's and MSRP came out exactly to Fitz's price of $31343. With regard to MSRP difference between your local dealer and Fitz, I can say that freight went up $60 ($745 vs. 685) in just the short time (1-2 months) that I have been collecting info.

Edmund price came up at $31244 but did not have the MF (mud flap) option in its checklist but I know it is $99 MSRP ($60 invoice).

Given identical MSRP's what is alarming is that the Edmunds invoice calculated to $28115 vs. $28631 for Fitz. A $516 difference...very troubling. I wonder if they have TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising) built into the invoice. To further confuse the issue, your local dealer quoted MSRP of $31033 and invoice of $28275. So your dealer's invoice is $160 above Edmund's invoice even though the MSRP is lower. Perhaps the $160 is the TDA issue again. Can't fully explain the $310 MSRP difference. Right now your local dealership is looking better than Fitz IMO.

I guess I'm getting a rude awakening in that dealer invoices can be vary as well...possibly due to this advertising fee. I don't know if this shows up as a line item on the dealer invoice or is it buried in the base price of the vehicle.

Here is what Edmund's has to say about this. "The invoice price does not include any fees that may be charged by the manufacturer to dealers in a particular area of the country, such as local advertising fees, dealer association fees, or docking and storage fees. Edmunds.com does not track or provide such local fees. If a local fee appears on the invoice, it is an actual cost that the dealer paid to the manufacturer when buying the vehicle. In other cases dealers may choose to write in their own ad fees on the consumer sales contract. However, in either case these local fees are a part of the dealer's cost of doing business".

I'm going to check out another car or two on Fitz's site and compare to Edmunds and see if there are similar trends. Then I'll email the sales rep with this info and ask for explanation.
  • kernelpanickernelpanic Member Posts: 10
    Tried that one too. Didn't work. I have decided to purchase the car at this price. So my final price for 2008 v6 Ltd is $27430 + TTL ~= $30, 400 OTD

I hope all you folks get the price you are hoping for.

Osagi -

Please contact Susie @ Doxon Toyota (Auburn WA) or Shane @ Magic Toyota (Edmunds WA). If you visit these Dealers' website and go to Contact us -> Meet the Staff you can get their email addresses. I could have posted the email addresses here but the spambots will most likely pick them up.

Good luck.
  • nimiminimimi Member Posts: 249
    I'm in Tri-Cities and will (hopefully) be looking for an '09 Rav4 in October-November time frame. I bought an Avalon from my local dealer and the best I could do was $599 OVER invoice. My daughter bought a Camry from Toyota of Kirkland but I'm not sure how they were to deal with. Auburn and Edmonds would not be a bad trip for me if those dealers are willing to offer reasonable (below invoice) prices.

Are they better than Michael's in Bellevue and the Kirkland and Seattle dealers?
    congrats kernelpanic. I hope the deal goes as planned for you. So you got roughly $4100 off msrp?
    My congrats also. I have learned a lot here , and will probably be doing something similar to Rupter .
    Buying an 2009 in October or November , unless I get lucky and still find an 08 in my color scheme by then.
    I doubt it as there is only one acceptable color combo for me in my area at the moment, and I do not think it is a good idea to have a dealer buy the car from another dealer.
    Learned a lot that I will be using as soon as we firm up our plans about when I am going to Europe, and therefore shipping the car to Europe.
  • osagiosagi Member Posts: 15
    Congrats! And thanks for the names.
    Received an invoice from Fitzgerald over the weekend and it confirmed my thoughts about TDA accounting for the approx. $500 difference between the Edmunds vs.Fitzgerald invoice price. TDA looks to be a regional cost and may vary significantly but unsure. I'll find out when I try to get a local dealers invoice. Unfortunatey, invoice was scanned so could not copy sections into this post but here are some of the extras:

Destination Charge: $685
    TDA: $478
    Dealer Holdback: $536
    Whsl. Financial Reserve: $268
    Gasoline: $10

Also noticed that Edmunds base model invoice costs have the holdback (2% base MSRP) and financial reserve (1% base MSRP) already built into their price. Holdback and unused finacing money is refunded to the dealer so they are already making up to $800 on a car that is sold at invoice...let alone all of the other add-on's that they try to tack on.
  • ibleedgarnetibleedgarnet Member Posts: 5
    $27,781 for an '08 LTD V6 in Blizzard Pearl w/ Taupe Leather. 0% for 72 months.

This is my first post here. I'll be glad to include more info. if needed. Thanks, all!
    Is that the the out the door price OTD. No hidden fees aside from registration ?

What was the MSRP on your car and where are you located. If in East Coast could you please tell me the name of your dealer
    Thanks
  • sinistermindsinistermind Member Posts: 12
    Who is offering 0% for 72 months? Local Toyota (northern NJ) dealer is offering 0 for 60, but it's a scam. It was a way to get people into their dealership.
  • didokdidok Member Posts: 3
    Hello-I'm new here, but thought I would return the favor for all who posted here before, and helped me with my new purchase. I just bought a 2008 4x4 Base V6, with $936 of options, in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. I paid $23276 plus tax, title and license (there is a $750 rebate now in Minnesota). That is $200 under invoice for the vehicle before the rebate.
    I,m not sure how well I did, but the Rav4 had the equipment I wanted and was the right color (red). The price was over $400 better than the next best quote I received.
    It looks like a very nice SUV-best of luck in your buying decisions!
  • nswartzbnswartzb Member Posts: 40
    What's going on?
    Why are people still getting car's with a measly $2-4K off MSRP?
    there are good deals to be had on other quality japanese SUVs...
    i guess it is your money though...
    I too wondered about the small reduction from MSRP. I believe that several factors lead to that small reduction. For one-the resale value or the RAV4. NADA book for a 2007 used model with 20,000 miles is nearly the same as I paid new for this 2008. Used Ravs with 60, 000 miles are selling here for omly $5000-$6000 less than what I paid new for this vehicle.
    Finally, I bought the base model so there is a much smaller margin between MSRP and dealer cost to work with. As best I can tell-the dealer made far less than $500 before deducting overhead expenses on the vehicle...Thanks
    Congratulations. Because one of my dealers has offered me a price with a rebate, my question to you is , did the rebate come off the price immediately, or are you waiting for a check .
    Your bottom line is $950 off invoice , and being it is not the Limited loaded with extras ( that they make a lot of extra $$ on ) I am looking at, I think you can be proud of the deal you got . IMHO
    How much was the title and license , as I believe dealers vary in what they charge .
    Enjoy your new car
    PGP :)
    Thanks for your kind thoughts! The rebate was given immediately as a price reduction.
    The dealer costs were nominal, perhaps $150 total for license and title fees.
    Good luck in your purchase!
  • chilushahchilushah Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

Thanks for sharing all your experiences. I got my Rav4 Last night
    I paid $22,650 + TTL (After the $ 1000 Rebate) Dallas, TX. I could have gotten another $100 off but I was happy with the dealership as I was getting the options I wanted.

- Chirag

It is 2008 Rav4 V6 Base Model
    Accessories:

Cargo Area Tonneau Cover With :
    ·Multipurpose Cargo Net With Support Poles
    Black Roof Rails And Crossbars :
    50 State Emissions : $0
    Daytime Running Lights :
    Towing Prep Package - V6 3,500lb. Towing :
    ·500lb. Towing
    ·Capacity - Includes Upgrade Radiator
    ·Fan Coupling
    ·Alternator
    ·And Pre-Wiring
    Carpet Mat Set :
    ·Carpet Floor Mats
    ·Rear Cargo Mat
    Vehicle Shield Package :
    ·Lusterizing Sealant
    ·Sound Shield
    ·Sealant Cleaner
    ·Rental Car Assistance

-----StainLess Steel Exhaust
    -----VIP RS Security Upgrade
    -----MudGuards
  • derricksonderrickson Member Posts: 131
    Hi All,
    I've been unexpectedly thrown into the new vehicle market courtesy of hurricane Ike. I just recently began looking at the RAV4. Just interested in the base 4-cyl fwd, as I'm trying to keep the price as close to $20K (or lower) as possible. I just received a quote of the following:

VEHICLE: 2008 Toyota Rav4 2WD (4-cyl, Automatic)
    M.S.R.P $23,546.00
    Internet Price (Before Rebate or Cash Down) $22,374.00
    Rebate $500.00
    Total Before TTL (Internet Sales Price) $21,874.00

the vehicle quoted above includes the following options you requested:
    CD Cargo Area Tonneau Cover with
    Multipurpose Cargo Net with Support Pole
    DR Black Roof Rails & Crossbars
    FE 50 State Emissions
    RL Daytime Running Lights
    SM Body Side Molding
    WT Window Tint
    CF Carpet Mat Set
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Rear Cargo Mat
    PV Permavin
    P4 Vehicle Shield Package
    Lusterizing Sealant
    Sound Shield
    Sealant Cleaner
    Rental Car Assistance

As the OP stated, this quote is roughly $1600 off MSRP. Is this quote typical for these vehicles? I had been getting quotes for the CX9 that is more in the range of $9K off MSRP; However, I realize comparing the CX9 to the RAV4 is like apples & oranges. Would just like to find out what others are seeing in the current environment regarding the RAV4? Thanks!
  • craigsouthflcraigsouthfl Member Posts: 1
    However GOOD NEWS an Hour up the road.

Excellent experience at Royal Palm Toyota (2009 Prius)

The sales staff are courteous and professional.
    The was no pressure to buy or push on options.

While other dealers were marking up the price of a Prius from $3,000.00 $5,000.00 or $10,000.00 Royal Palm Toyota NEVER engaged in the practice of price gouging.

Royal Palm Toyota has established its integrity for this customer and I would highly and strongly recommend the hour drive from Broward County to Palm Beach.

Royal Palm Toyota did everything possible, and succeeded in delivering the vehicle.
    Again if you looking for honesty, integrity, no games its Royal Palm Toyota.
  • nswartzbnswartzb Member Posts: 40
    your price is in the rnage of base 2wd RAV4.

as i've noted, if you want to stay in the $20K range, the CX9 is probably to oexpensive, but you can easily get an Xterra with $6000-8000 off -- which should make up for the Xterrra's lousy MPG...
  • brianfultzbrianfultz Member Posts: 1
    Happy then pissed, my Saturn decided to throw a rod at 185,000 and with a mechanic's quote of 4,000 to fix it became time to buy. Having bought new in the past I went on a shopping extravaganza. My wife and I were in the market for a Camry, Accord, or Malibu but the Rav4 caught our eye and became our first choice. I did the email thing – sending an email to everyone in our area for a 2008 RAV4 base 2x4 4cyl 4A. After receiving all quotes we looked for a color, with only two silvers in our immediate area we headed to a dealership which gave us a good quote, but not the best. We sat down with the internet sales person and showed him the quote from another store and asked about the silver one we had already eyed in the back of the lot. He said he could meet the price and hence the end of my shopping experience. That is until Thursday when Toyota came out with a 2.9 for 60 month APR (October deal in our area) – the dealership says there is nothing they can do to help us. I just hope the price I paid was fair/good, because right now I feel like I got screwed. :mad:

MSRP $23039
    Price paid (including various fees) OTD $19775.50
    (this price includes a $750 rebate & $400 student/graduate incentive)
  • jazzloverjazzlover Member Posts: 1
    Info for anyone in our area...Susie at DOXON Toyota in Auburn is a no nonsense internet resource. We paid $550 under invoice yesterday and took 0% for 3 years.
    Waiting until October was the right thing to do as rebate increased to $1000 in Central Atlantic region. Made the purchase last night from an area dealer (Hazleton, PA) even though I started my negotiations w/ Fitzgerald Motors in Maryland. Fitzgerald did not have desired exterior color (Flint Mica) in stock. Their price would not have been as good as their posted in-stock internet prices if they would have dealer traded for my specific vehicle of choice. That being said, I used Fitzgerald's prices as leverage during my negotiations w/ local dealers. None of them would match Fitzgerald's price. My final deal came within $83 of Fitzgerald's posted internet price.

Here are the details of my transaction:

MSRP:$29644
    Invoice: $27082
    Paid: $25500 (including $1000 rebate & excluding TTL)
    Total discount: $4144 (13.98%)
    Amount below invoice: $582

RAV4 Sport V6 4x4 (model 4443) equipped with the following options:

(EJ) JBL PREMIUM AM/FM STEREO
    (CD-A ) TONNEAU COVER
    (RL) DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS
    (SR) PWR MOONROOF
    (TO) TOW PREP PKG
    (CF-R) 5-PIECE CARPET FLOOR & CARGO MATS (PPO)
    (MF) MUDGUARDS (PPO)
    (WL) WHEEL LOCKS

Had 1 other local dealer w/ an offer $80 above what I paid and two other offers $200-$400 above what I paid. Thanks to fellow posters who helped out with the info during the purchase process. Better informed & educated car buying consumer as a result of this discussion board. Picking up vehicle tomorrow night. I'm sure they'll sit me down and try to ram an extended warranty down my throat before handing over the keys.
  • heizenbergheizenberg Member Posts: 2
    Dealer turned down an offer of 27400 + TTL on a 2008 2WD RAV4 Ltd with:
    . Tow Prep
    . Pkg D
    . Daytime Running Lights
    . JBL Audio
    . PermaVIN
    Although from what I can tell from KBB/ConsumerReports, is that this is already close to 400 over Invoice. They keep insisting that their invoice prices are different than that on KBB/ConsumerReports (new cay buying paid report). Any idea if my offer was really off? They would apparently have settled for 27600.

Right now, I'm getting all set to buy the CR-V instead
    IMO...That it is WAY too much money. You did not indicate if your offer included rebate money. Even if $1000 that would have brought you down to $26400. I can't speak for the KBB information but I do know that Edmunds data was accurate except that it does not include cost for Toyota Dealer Advertising (TDA) which is approx. $450 dpending on where you live. Edmunds does mention the non-inclusion of TDA in their price quoting. I would run your info through the Edmunds price quote and see how they compare. All that being said, you should not even be paying invoice on a 2008 vehicle at this point in time. $500 below invoice seems to be the present benchmark. I would shop elsewhere.
  • heizenbergheizenberg Member Posts: 2
    Many thanks for your feedback kriebebw.

I didn't take the $500 rebate opting instead for the 0% financing for which I'm pre-approved.
    As for the other Toyota dealers, the sales guys I've met with are even more pushy, aggressive and condescending. Same has applied so far for Toyota dealerships I've called around Austin, TX. I've not enjoyed the Toyota buying experience at all so far, except for the sales-person I dealt with yesterday... but who wouldn't come down on the price.

I've had much better luck dealing with Honda... no package d, option e, wood-grain-applique-that-looks-like-plastic-from-a-mile etc. shoved down my throat as they seem to be with the 'pre-config'd Toyotas.

Pity... I really liked this particular RAV4, but I'll have to instead go with the CR-V, which was a very close second choice.
  • liljoliljo Member Posts: 8
    Paid $28,995. with 2.9% financing for 60mos.

gorgeous red
    JBL stereo
    bluetooth
    moon roof
    etc.

gulp. can't wait for the reactions!
    I assume that includes tax. Also Limited V6 loaded . What was your pre tax cost ?
    Congratulations :)
    uhm, no, pre-tax. I'm in Riverhead, NY, so the tax is substantial... so now, do you withdraw the Congrats? Hey, it's my first new car ever! Picked a heck of a time to take that leap! LOL

It's semi-loaded, as far as I know. I would like a couple of more things... but I'll live without (compass, for instance.) Figure I'll get a compass when I get a GPS (obviously, not included.)
    Well regardless of what you paid congratulations. I am in Manhattan and have gotten quotes from dealers in Queens, Upstate New york and New Jersey.
    I had a $38,200 offer one month ago. I think I could have gotten an MSRP $31,500 or so for $37,800.
    That being said there are a lot of after market items that can be added to this car. I assume your MSRP was above $31,500 or so ?
    Best of Luck with your new car :)
    thanks! picked it up today, and thoroughly enjoyed zipping around in it. had a full load of people, two of whom were 6'2" tall, and they both took turns in the back seat, and had tons of room! happy as a clam! :)
  • snap919snap919 Member Posts: 17
    Got an internet quote of 28,807+ tax for Blizzard pearl Limited V6 with:
    Cargo/mats
    daytime lights
    special color
    moonroof
    heated leather
    jbl stereo/tow pkg/wheel spare tire
    This was the first quote, how low can I go with a counter offer? Does this sound high etc.. Any help appreciated!!
    I assume you are talking 2008 model
    I looked at the Blizzard Pearl myself. I think its about a $200 extra . You did not mention tow prep but I feel quite certain thats included but check.
    $27,390 AT FITZGERALD or
    $27,566 BLIZZARD WHITE
    You can use that for a reference but I also got an internet quote of
    2008 RAV-4 LIMITED 4X4 V6 MODEL# 4453 W/ FE EJ HD LA RL SR TO CF MF MSRP 31,033.00 INVOICE 28,275.00 LESS 300.00 SELLING PRICE $ 27,975.00 PLUS TAX 2,342.90 = 30,317.90 AND DMV 227.50 NEW PLATE FEES = 30,545.40 , LESS 500.00
    CASH BACK $ 30,045.40 OUT THE DOOR

The actual cost of car pre TTL and tax being $27,703

$30,045 minus the tax $2,342.
    So I guess $27,703 plus $200 would be a fair price
    $27,900 total. Remember I got this price a month ago and they should be more motivated to get rid of their inventory now .
    Keep us informed :)
  • snap919snap919 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks. It is an '08 and it has tow prep. They actually have quite a few 08's so I'm hoping they'll go down. :D
    Good luck! I really didn't haggle at all. I've been looking for a while, and to be honest, I'm just a bit worn down! Was hoping to wait for the Venza, but it's just taking too long, and I have a hunch, it's going to be more pricey than I originally expected. I'll be interested to hear how much you get it for. Please keep us informed, and good luck.
  • jddavis1138jddavis1138 Member Posts: 5
    Finally settled on Broadway Toyota. Got Pacific Blue with Extra Value Package #2 (no navigation- includes leather, moonroof, power heated seats, Bluetooth, etc.), towing prep, back up camera.

Paid $28,266 out the door.

Love the car! Peppy, comfortable, good fit for me physically. Love how it handles- cornering, parking, turning circle is small. We've been looking at these for 3 years now, and we finally have one! :)
    What part of USA are you in? Out the door means including sales tax , and if so how much was it without sales tax ??
    I did not realize the backup package was available in 2008 models.
    I assume you are talking 2008 model , or is it 2009 for $28,266 pre tax . I am a little confused .

Thanks for your reply and Congratulations on your New Car :)
  • jddavis1138jddavis1138 Member Posts: 5
    We don't pay sales tax here in Oregon. This was for a 2009 model- that's why I put 2009 in the title.
  • sage3sage3 Member Posts: 47
    Offers can happen any time we cannot always predict when, but in all I think you got a good deal anyway.
  • sage3sage3 Member Posts: 47
    I purchased this gray rav in a suburb of Buffalo NY dealership, sales rep was very easy going, did not even go for the test drives with me, which rarely happens since I am 33 and look 25 years old, the "warranty" person on the other hand grilled me for 45 min to buy extended this and that's, with $0 sale :shades:.
    Vehicle Included: moon roof, roof rack, mud flaps, wheel locks 6cd changer with xm radio and floor mats.
    MSRP $27195
    Invoice $25245 (thats what they said, edmunds had it a few hundred lower)
    Paid $24700 plus NYS tax
    I now have 600 miles on it and I was satisfied until my steering started clunking see post in maintenence/repairs.
    Never look at titles.
    Congrats . I will prolly pick up a 2009 also in the next few months. Keep us informed how you like it .
    :)