Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• BeetBeet Member Posts: 4
    I am in the Bay Area but looking at what numbers I received from dealers here, I would gun for 300-600 below invoice. You can then index your OTD price with the TMW price Edmunds will give you when you price your car accordingly.

Note: does fritzmall serve your area? The prices on Fritzmall are fairly representative, IMHO, of internet prices.
  • andy67andy67 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the quick response.
  • NixcarNixcar Member Posts: 4
    We looked at New Rav4s the week after Christmas thinking that dealers were willing to deal! We were offered an ou the door price of $26,745 for 2009 Rav4, 4 cyl, 2WD, Extra value pack #2, Nav system, leather. It is essentially loaded!

The catch--thought we might be able to get this more around $25,000 considering media indicates how desperate car dealers are. Also, we were willing to pay cash.

We have not had one followup call from this dealer and it is now Jan 21. They must not be too desperate to sell!

What do you think?
  • yukonhawkyukonhawk Member Posts: 10
    (Mod...please feel free to move this question if you feel it is off topic)

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to purchase a 2009 Rav 4 with the (I think) "Sport trim appearance" option. This is where they delete the spare tire option and provide run flats instead. Does anyone know what brand of run flats they provide? Thanks for any info you have. Thanks
  • juancitowjuancitow Member Posts: 13
    Check the 2009 RAV 4 reviews. A member reviews the Sport Appearance package and run flats. Cheers. :shades:
  • wayside1wayside1 Member Posts: 36
    > We were offered an ou the door price of $26,745 for 2009 Rav4, 4 cyl, 2WD, Extra value pack #2, Nav system, leather.

Invoice on this car according to Edmunds, not including TTL, is $25540, with TTL (in my state anyway [MA]) would be around $26,900.

So it looks like you want it for almost $2000 under invoice. Even in the current market, I don't think this is realistic unless you can catch a rebate or the dealer is willing to pass on a really big factory-to-dealer incentive. buyatoyota.com is showing a $500 rebate in my area.
    Not sure where you are but it seems like there is a lot of variation in prices from state to state. And, if the dealer really needs to move the car off the lot or is his turnover is already so high that he will try to make profit on each vehicle. I think getting several quotes from nearby dealerships will give you a better idea of what is going on and more information to arrive at a fair price.
  • mazda626atxmazda626atx Member Posts: 227
    Could you please provide a link.
    My eyes are bleeding trying to find the review of the Sport Model with run flat tires

TIA
  • GreenLotusGreenLotus Member Posts: 2
    I am debating whether to buy the 2009 Rav4 basic model now at $30,000 on the road or wait til the price drop below 30 in a month or 2.

Anyone here from Toronto bought this vehicle recently? Please share your buying experience and price info.
  • 76CelicaST76CelicaST Member Posts: 2
    Hi. Below is an invoice we received. I removed some info like the VIN#. etc. Is this a legit invoice and if so after looking over all of the info... what should we pay for it? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

27 miles

VEHICLE INQUIRY REPORT
    DATE: 01/24/09
    Model Number: 4453A
    SERIAL # :
    Check Code: 6

Model Description: 5-DOOR 4X4 SUV
    Category ..........: G
    Year ............: 2009
    Current Dealer ....:
    Interior Color ..: LA10 LA10
    Wholesale Dealer ..:
    Exterior Color ..: 01F7 SILVE
    Previous Dealer ...:
    Body ............: 5-DOOR
    4X4 SUV LTD
    Invoice Date ......: 12/31/08 Number of Cyl ...: 6

Ship Date .........: 12/31/08
    Allocation Number:
    Retail Date .......:
    Engine Number ...: 0615763
    Date of First Use .:
    Vessel Number ...: 311
    TRAC ..............: NO
    Vessel Name .....: SCANDINAVIAN HIGHWAY
    Damage ............: NO DAMAGE
    PDI ...............: YES
    Fleet .............: NON-FLEET
    Port PDS Complete .: NO

VIN .............:
    Ignition Key.....:

Factory Installed Accessories: FE BC QY TO
    Port Installed Accessories ..: DK Z1

Retail Dealer

Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 27810.00 $ 24473.00

Total Accessories .....................: $ 2272.00 $ 1919.00

MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE3.5 Liter DOHC V6 Eng w/Dual VVT-i5 Speed ECT Auto Trans/Elec On-Demand4WD/4WD Man Lock/Elec Pwr Steering SysFr&Rr Stabilizer Bars/4-Whl Disc BrakesHill-Start Assist Ctl/Dwnhll Assist Ctl17" 6-Spke Alloy Whls w/P225/65' Tires& Full Size Spare Tire on 17" Steel WhlSAFETYStar Safety System Includes:Vehicle Stability Ctrl w/Traction CtrlAnti-Lock Brakes w/Brake Assist & EBDDr & Fr Pass Advanced Fr Airbags (SRS)Dr & Fr Pass Seat Mounted Side/Fr & 2ndRow Roll-Sensing Side Curtain AirbagsDr and Fr Pass Active Headrests2nd Row CRS Lower & Top Tether AnchorsRr Dr Child Safty Locks/Eng Imob & PrwreDirect Tire Pressure Monitoring SystemEXTERIORUV Reduction Glass Wndshld/Rr Priv Glass Clr-Kyd Bmprs,Grille w/Chrome Accents,Rr Spoiler,Fender Flares,Spare Tire CovrPwr Htd O/S Mirs w/ Turn Signal LampsBlk Rf Rack/Mlti-Rflctr Halgn AutoOn/OffHdlmps/Fr Var/Rr IntWipers/Roof AntennaLED Tail & Stop Lamps/Fog LampsCOMFORT AND CONVENIENCEDual Zone A/C w/Clean Air Fltration &Micro Dust/Pollen Removal/Info DisplaySmart Key System/AM/FM/6-Disc In-DashCD Chgr w/6 Spks, XM Satellite Radio(Includes a 90 day trial subscription)Aux Jack/Man Tlt/Tlscpc Lth Strg Aud Ctl Cloth Int,Mlti-Adj Fr Chairs w/Dr Ht Adj2nd Rw 60/40 Splt,Reclne,Fld Flt w/SlideFwrd Cpblty w/Ctr Armrst, 2 Cup HoldersDual Glove Box/Digital Clock/Cruise CtrlPr Windows/Door Locks/Optitron IP GaugesRr Crg Area 2nd Rw Seat 1 Tch Fld Flt LvCtr Cnsl w/2-Illum Cup Hldrs, Cell PhoneStorage,Upper Storage Tray, & Cnsole BoxTneau Cvr w/Mlti-Prpose Net & Suprt Pole

Retail Dealer Total

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 27810.00 $ 24473.00 $ 27810.00

50 State Emissions .........................

Integrated Back-Up Camera .................. 475.00 380.00
    linked to an electrochromic mirror with integrated backup camera monitor

Extra Value Package Includes: Daytime ...... 1360.00 1224.00

Running Lights, Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade, JBL AM/FM 6-disc CD Changer with integrated XM Satellite Radio receiver (Includes a 90 day trial subscription. At end of 90 day period, requires a XM Radio Subscription), / MP3/WMA playback capability / hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth and nine speakers (includes subwoofer), Premium Package (includes leather seating surfaces ./ 8-way adjustable power driver''s seat with power lumbar support / driver and front passenger heated seats / 120V AC power outlet)

Towing Prep Package - V6 3,500lb. Towing ... 160.00 128.00
    (includes upgraded radiator, fan coupling, .and alternator)

Preferred Owner''s Portfolio ................ 6.00
    Preferred Accessory Package ................ 277.00 181.00

Retail Dealer Total

---------Total Accessories .................: $ 2272.00 $ 1919.00 $ 2272.00

Destination Charge ..........................: $ 745.00 $ 745.00

TDA .........................................: $ 514.00
    Gasoline ....................................: $ 14.52
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 556.00
    Whsl.FinancialReserve .....................:$278.00

Total .......................................: $ 28499.52 $ 30827.00
  • juancitowjuancitow Member Posts: 13
    76Celica,

Your invoice for the vehicle should be 28.4 and an MSRP of 30.8. Check your vehicle options with Edmunds pricing on this website. I wouldn't pay anthing over invoice in this economic climate. Fitzmall has the same vehicle for about three hundred under invoice. I would ask for a price quote, then offer $1000 or $500 below invoice, when the dearler balks show them the Fitzmall price. Make sure the dealer gives you an OTD price that only includes tax, title and license. Do not pay dealer prep or any other fees. This is a buyers market. Keep shopping until someone matches your price. Good luck. :)
  • 76CelicaST76CelicaST Member Posts: 2
    juancitow,

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it! I will take your advice and start. :) Thanks again.
    Hi, I was wondering what people think of this deal:

2008 Black 4x4 RAV 4 with 3rd row seating, privacy glass on rear and side, black roof rails and cross bars, 17" 5-spoke styled steel wheels, wheel locks, daytime running lights, mudguards, VIP RS3200 Plus security system, floor mats, 6-yr/100k extended platinum warranty (bumper-to-bumper), pre-paid classic maintenance program with 5 coupons for oil changes and 19-point inspection for every 5000 mi valid upto 3years, state sales tax, title, and tags so the OTD price for this $23900 and a $700 trade-in brings in to $23200 delivery price OTD.

Does this sound like a decent deal to folks out there? Thanks for the input.
    I4 or V6? And what part of htis OTD price is tax . Tremendous difference from state to state :)
    4-cyl. Its all included in the OTD price ~$23900 with $700 in trade-in and rest ($23200) in monies. How does it compare to other states?
  • kkrtrekkkrtrek Member Posts: 51
    I think what mazda626 is suggesting is that no one can evaluate your price when they don't know what the taxes, title, and license fees are. In my state, with no sales tax, the OTD price is about $40 higher than the purchase price. States have sales taxes as high as around 8%, so in some states, the purchase price and OTD price would differ by more than $2000.

It would help everyone if you could subtract out state taxes and fees and provide the actual purchase price. If you could determine the true invoice by using a site like Edmunds or others, that would be even better. Comparing the true invoice price with the actual purchase price allows everyone to evaluate your deal. BTW, what Toyota provides is not the true invoice price. It is an inflated number.
    Sorry, I misunderstood the question. Here is the breakdown:

Vehicle OTD Description:

2008 Black 4x4 RAV 4 with 3rd row seating, privacy glass on rear and side, black roof rails and cross bars, 17" 5-spoke styled steel wheels, wheel locks, daytime running lights, mudguards, VIP RS3200 Plus security system, preferred accessory package (floor mats, cargo net), 6-yr/100k extended platinum warranty (bumper-to-bumper) with $0 deductible, pre-paid classic maintenance program with 5 coupons for oil changes and 19-point inspection for every 5000 mi valid upto 3years.

Price Breakdown:

Purchase Price-$22357 (including all accessories and processing fees for consumer services of $399)

TTL-$720 (3%sales tax in Virginia)

Extended Service Warranty+Pre-paid Maint. with tax--$1537.2

Minus (-$1000 factory-to-consumer rebate and -$425 trade-in)

Total OTD--$23189.2

The MSRP listed on the vehicle (sticker price) without TTL, extended warranty, and pre-paid maintenance program was $25381 so adding TTL, warranty the sticker price/MSRP total will come to about $27638-$1425 (rebate and trade-in)
    =$26213. So i paid about $3000 or 11.5% less than the sticker price.

Does this sound like a decent deal? Thanks for the input.

I think at least a couple of places they got me was the extended warranty price and the trade-in price. Only place I could find rates for extended warranty was on Toyota website ($1350) and the dealer matched that but he probably gets that for half the price.

Is there anywhere else in the deal anyone thinks it could have been done better? This is my first experience buying a new car so I may have paid some extra$ for learning experience too. The sales people were very helpful and friendly unlike some others that we had visited--for what its worth.

I will say that it is a GREAT vehicle, we have been enjoying the ride.

Thanks.
    I'm guessing based on the price that you got the 4 cylinder...

In that case I think you got a decent price on the car - keep in mind it is a 2008, so if you sell it any time soon you will take a hit for an extra year of depreciation. You probably could have gotten a 2009 for around the same price, although the rebate might have been smaller.

I think you did get taken on the warranty a little bit. Here's the thing though - AFAIK you can buy a Toyota warranty at any time it is still covered by the factory warranty, and you can buy it from any dealer. And there are some dealers out there who will heavily discount it, you can find them it you look around.

You can probably cancel your warranty and get your money back, and then search around for a cheaper one from another dealer at your leisure. Or use the threat of canceling as leverage to get the price reduced.

I didn't get one, my experience is that Toyotas are super-reliable.
    Yes, it is a 4-cylinder. Thanks for the insight. I am planning on keeping the car for a long time so depreciation should not be an issue.
    So, I can buy the same warranty at anytime from a Toyota dealer though, right. I will have to make a few calls then. Do you think the dealer can still reduce the price if I produce a better rate from someone else? Thanks.
    Well after 5 months of looking I am about to pull the trigger. I am able to get , at a local dealer 5 miles away, instead of Fitzmall a 2009 Limited V6 with QY BC TO FE MF CF-R for $28,437 plus TTL. The MSRP is $30,858 according to him and to Fitz .

My dealer says the invoice is $28,4xx and Fitz shows it as $28,785. I do not understand the difference between Invoices, but maybe its the difference between shipping for NYC as oppsed to Maryland.

In any event the bottom line price pre TTLD is aprrox the same. The local dealer has matched Fitz malls price within $21 .

My only concern is that he has to get the car from another dealer and wants one thousand dollar deposit on my AMex before he locates it.
    I have heard to never let a dealer get the car from another dealer , and only buy from the inventory in stock,
    Being the deposit is on my amex and if I carefully watch the wording of the contract do you think I should go ahead with this.

Fitzmall has the same car for $21 less plus a similar model ,for $300 less owing to the fact that they have the car in stock for a long time.
    But driving 4 hours to pick up the car and getting service from a different dealer , I think I am better off getting it from the local guy.

My only concern is the 1k down payment . I feel Amex will back me up if there is any trouble?
    Thoughts ??
    Should I insist he get the car first and then I will buy it from him after I see it ?
    PGP
    Well after 5 months of looking I am about to pull the trigger. I am able to get , at a local dealer 5 miles away, instead of Fitzmall a 2009 Limited V6 with QY BC TO FE MF CF-R for $28,437 plus TTL. The MSRP is $30,858 according to him and to Fitz .

My dealer says the invoice is $28,4xx and Fitz shows it as $28,785. I do not understand the difference between Invoices, but maybe its the difference between shipping for NYC as oppsed to Maryland.

In any event the bottom line price pre TTLD is aprrox the same. The local dealer has matched Fitz malls price within $21 .

My only concern is that he has to get the car from another dealer and wants one thousand dollar deposit on my AMex before he locates it.
    I have heard to never let a dealer get the car from another dealer , and only buy from the inventory in stock,
    Being the deposit is on my amex and if I carefully watch the wording of the contract do you think I should go ahead with this.

Fitzmall has the same car for $21 less plus a similar model ,for $300 less owing to the fact that they have the car in stock for a long time.
    But driving 4 hours to pick up the car and getting service from a different dealer , I think I am better off getting it from the local guy.

My only concern is the 1k down payment . I feel Amex will back me up if there is any trouble?
    Thoughts ??
    Should I insist he get the car first and then I will buy it from him after I see it ?
    PGP
    Thanks for providing the more detailed pricing information. I agree with wayside that you got an OK deal--not great, but not taken, either. It is tough enough trying to determine a good price with the many techniques the dealers use to obfuscate actual costs. That's why outside sites and services are valuable. With trade-ins and extended warranties, it becomes even more difficult. My rule of thumb is to never buy an extended warranty for any product. They are packed with enormous profits for the sellers and rarely end up providing significant value to consumers. Plus, any product I buy, I expect it will be reliable--or it is unlikely I would buy it. That gives me my favorite comeback to car dealers and others when they imply I am stupid for not purchasing an extended warranty: "If I thought it needed an extended warranty, I wouldn't be buying it in the first place."

Enjoy your RAV. I just got a 2009. I prefer my engine to your, but I prefer your styling to mine. :)

I haven't posted my experience yet, but plan to do so in the next week. I got an "OK" deal--not real good, not horrific, but I love my RAV.
    I got the same response from a couple of dealers that they would get the vehicle from another dealer if I put down deposit. But, I personally preferred not to do that as I wanted to test drive and look at the EXACT vehicle that I am going to buy and I wanted to keep it simple. It was quite convoluted anyways with whole dealings and I didn't want to add another wrinkle. But, I also don't think that they can take your money if you did not want to purchase the vehicle (read the contract/promissory note carefully) and AMEX should be able to cancel the transaction if it gets to that point. However, I think they want to sell and should try to make you happy and not get a bad word out about them either by doing something stupid.
    However, I would say that if he had it on the lot you could save some more money as they can give you better discounts on what is on the lot.
    I don't have a strong opinion either way, but let me share some thoughts and experience. I got my RAV a week and a half ago. The dealer is 5-6 hours away. They got the car from another dealer (which I prefer to avoid) 11 miles away. They did NOT ask for any deposit, which I find surprising. I guess they trusted us. In any event, I would be hesitant to provide a credit card number unless I had a statement from the dealer specifying the car, equipment, maximum miles you will accept on it, and that it must be undamaged. Otherwise your deposit is fully refundable. Putting it on a credit card does give you a lot of protection should there be a disagreement. You can contest the charge if there is a reason and it will probably be removed.

I notice you wrote that the local dealer want a deposit "before he locates it." You mean he has not even located the car you want? If that's the case, I would NOT put a deposit down. When he does find it, you might consider how far away it is, so how far it will be driven to your local dealership.

I wouldn't worry about getting your service locally if you buy from Fitzmall. Service departments tend to welcome you with open arms.

One last thought. Have him locate the car you want. Consider going to the dealer and telling him you want to buy the car, but don't feel comfortable with the deposit. If he wants to sell it to you, he will. If not, you have a fine alternative.
  • vliu13vliu13 Member Posts: 33
    I would like to get 2009 RAV4 Ltd V6 with EVP#1 (QY) in NYC. I tried online quote for $27,700 (w/ destination charge) at Plaza Automall, but they won't budge. MRSP for this is $29,915, invoice is $27,554 and TMV is $28,243. Can anyone find the same price or similar price in NYC? Thanks.
    I just checked Fitzmall site. Pretty amazing prices. I see a 2009 RAV4 V6 Ltd with QY, BC, TO, CF-R (carpets), and MF (mud grds) for $28,116 internet price. Sweeeeeet!! Do you think other dealers will price match? I live in Brooklyn. Thanks Mazda626atx. :)
    Are we looking at the same car in Fitzmall? Last four VIN #2929 Black/stone color.
    BLOODY MURDER!!!! J/K.

2009 RAV4 V6 Ltd 4WD with all the options (QZ, TH, BC, TO) minus mats for $27,990 at Hudson Toyota? What color is it? Sounds too good to be true! Good luck this weekend!
    Hudson responded with 2009 RAV4 Ltd V6 4WD QZ TH BC TO for $27,990 before tax.

Plaza Automall emailed with 2009 RAV4 Ltd V6 with QY, BC, TO, CF-R, MF for $28,116 before tax. I emailed Plaza if they can price match the above specs.
    > So, I can buy the same warranty at anytime from a Toyota dealer though, right.

That is my understanding.

> Do you think the dealer can still reduce the price if I produce a better rate from someone else? Thanks.

At this point... who knows. You can ask. If they won't match, cancel the first one and buy it somewhere else.
    > But driving 4 hours to pick up the car and getting service from a different dealer , I think I am better off getting it from the local guy.

I don't think you should worry about getting it serviced at a different dealer than you bought it from. Sales and Service are widely separated in my experience. The service manager has his own targets to meet and doesn't really care where you bought the car.
    QY NOT QZ ! What is TH ?? Do you mean TO? As I said those guys at Hudson tried to get 1k deposit from me cause they did not have car in stock They said they would get it

I never believe a price unless the dealer has the car in stock, cause then I can give them a check and buy it .
    Thanks a lot for your advice. I sent email to a dozen dealers and asked my dealer to match the cheapest quote I got and he did. I saved $400 on the extended warranty after the deal was almost done. That almost brings this deal from decent to good, would you agree? Thanks again!!
  • snorlax0930snorlax0930 Member Posts: 6
    Offered by Mossy Toyota $22500 plus Tax, Tags, Tire.
    I was asking for $22000. 2% profit.

2009 RAV4 Sport 4x2 - 4 Cylinder
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    got an internet quote on one yesterday and it is in stock. sticker is $22,613 which includes the value package, floor mats/cargo mat and cargo net. dealer is quoting $21,212 is this an ok price? of course we still have to see what my trade will bring from them. she also said a small amount of money would be knocked off being a sam's club member. this is in a suburb of chicago-continental toyota
    TH is third row seating. I emailed him QZ not QY. I am wondering if he will pull a bait and switch on me.
    From the Fitzmall website, they have your specs 09 RAV4 Base Fwd with floor and cargo mats and value pkg for $20,533. They will probably undervalue your trade-in. Check Edmunds used car price to see what your car is worth.
    > I saved $400 on the extended warranty after the deal was almost done.

Sweet! The power of the internet!!!

I'll expect my 25% cut in the mail... ;)

Overall I think your deal is pretty good. I paid $21800 for essentially the same vehicle (2009 though) without the third row seat and the $30 dealer-installed alarm, and no rebate.

What did you trade in? You only got $425... I got $1000 for my 11 year old Maxima with 130,000 miles, and I'm kicking myself for not selling it myself.

How is the 3rd row seat? It didn't seem to me there was enough room to put another row of seats back there. My sales guy said "midgets and children", he was not too politically correct. :)
    Is that $29,990 with QZ ? I think he will bait and switch you.

Also the car I am looking at @ Fitzmall is not the one with the 2929 vin. That one is cheaper and in PA not MD

The one I am comparing to is BLACK/BEIGE LEATHER
    JTMBK31V69D004123
    in MD for $28,416.00

The same MSRP $30,848 is $300 higher in MD versus the one with VIN 2929 in PA.

I wonder if this is due to the fact that they have it in stock for a longer time , or because the shipping charges are different ?

I would love to know the VIN # codes so I could compare manufacture date etc on different cars .
    As you can tell, I do not believe anything car salesmen tell me . :)
    Hey you are right the mrsp is the same price but your #4123 is much better with the leather seats compared to leather trimmed seats. I just came back from Hudson Toyota and test drove the RAV4 V6 Ltd, it is QY and not QZ. When I accelerate fairly hard, the engine sounds like a 4 cyclinder, like it is working super hard. I have Honda Accord V6 2003 with less hp (240 v. 268) and it sounds so much smoother. I told the salesman, and they looked confused/ surprised. If the RAV4 sounds like that, I will not get it.

I also had an appraisal on my car and they gave me only 2/3 of the Edmunds trade in value. I left and told them that I will check with Plaza Automall. Plaza Automall gave me the same price of $27,990, but I have to check the appraisal value for my car. Anyone want my car?? :P
  • NoforNofor Member Posts: 1
    A salesman at a RI dealership told me the following regarding a 09 V6 4WD base model with 3rd row and tow prep. Interested to see if this guy's a straight talker:

1. There was a price increase of around $246 on the RAV4 from Toyota, so the Invoice/MSRP prices of some comparably equipped vehicles will be different, depending on how long they have been sitting. Older vehicles (still 2009s) which haven't sold will still have the cheaper, older prices - before the price increase.

2. The difference between Edmunds listed invoice for this vehicle and his "official" invoice ($427 more than Edmunds lists) is due to the fact that his figure includes a $350 "Toyota Advertising Fee",he called this a "TDAA" fee. He said this was not negotiable and all dealers pay this directly to Toyota. The remaining $77 I think he said was for floor mats. This seems to jive with Edmund's statement about advert fees: http://www.edmunds.com/about/feepopup.html

3. He quoted me $24,610 ("200 over invoice") for an '09 Base V6 w/ 3rd row & tow prep with 17" steel wheels. This includes the current $500 rebate and QW value package (Daytime Running Lights, Roof racks, Rear Privacy Glass). Alloy wheels bumps it up another $210.

Can anybody offer any feedback as to whether this guy is full of it, or whether this is the going rate, or a good deal? I am paying cash, no trade in. Edmunds invoice is $24,483 and TMV is $25,154.

Thanks,

Noah
    I DO NOT THINK THE LEATHER MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.

I have asked about leather trimmed and leathers seats and leather surfaces and I beleive all 3 are the same seats .
    I think as the person above, states Toyota may have raised the price or the price is lowered on cars that are in stock for longer periods of time, or a combo of both .
    I test drove a V6 and it was like a Ferrari. Good reason to actually drive the car you are going to buy before doing any paperwork
    What exactly where the options on the Plaza Auto mall car and where are they located ?
    TIA
    Ok I went to two dealerships today. Plaza Automall didnt have 2009 RAV4 V6 4WD QY TO CP BC (the same I am looking for in previous posts). You have to sign up and will take 6-8 weeks. You must go through internet quote because the salesperson I spoke in the dealership did not know anything. He said the 2008 is the same as 2009. What a joke.

I also went to Bay Ridge Toyota, and test drove the RAV4 V6 2008 (they have the same engine according to the salesperson). They had the 2009 (same specs I want) in another dealer (same owner). I gave them a price of $27,700 because they held my credit card and said if its approved then they will charge my CC as deposit. The desk salesperson came and told me they were losing money on the deal (about $800). They asked if I was doing financing or cash. I said cash if the financing wasnt what I wanted. I told them less than 2%. The desk salesperson was furious and gave me a lecture that it will be about 4-6%.

He did tell me that the title fee and motor vehicle are the same. I had a quote from Hudson Toyota in NJ and they charge me Title fee of $276 and Motor Vehicle fee of around $195. Doesnt that seem a little high? I remb when I purchase my 2003 Accord it was one fee of only $75 (transfer fee).

Plaza Automall: 2721 Nostrand Ave in brooklyn.

Testing twice with two differnt RAV4 V6, it was really loud. The salesperson said because it is a SUV, more weight, bigger engine, and more airspace under the car, so the engine is louder. Mazda626, you didnt think it was loud, more so than sedan V6? I havent tested another SUV V6, so I am unsure if the salesperson is correct.
    I think the car is louder than a sedan . But in my case I drive a 93 Merc Benz 420 SEL so there are not many cars that ride as nice and quit as that.
    The ride was not much louder than my wifes MAZDA but I had the radio on and test drove it on the Palisade Parkway which is fairly smooth.

On the subject of price . I had the salesman at Queensboro print out the invoices of the cars at Fitzmall at 2 different locations and I have found out that the Nov delivery cars from Japan have base priced invoice of $28710 and a dealer cost of $24,473 just as Edmunds says.

Now the newer cars manufactured later and at least the Jan manufacture/shipping date are base car delear cost $24,751 which is $278 more than the older models.

Also the older models (Nov etc) have a TDA OF either $453 or $495 and as high as $520 on the latest shipping date .

So it appears the RI dealer was telling the truth when he said there is a raise in prices .

That explains why Fitz has 2 exact same cars at 2 locations : one for $28,116 and the other for $28,416.

Also in the invoice, can be the price of gas which varies for $7 to $15

But the RETAIL BASE MODEL 4WD V6 LIMITED remains at $27,810 while the dealer cost has gone up approx $300.

Does anyone think Toyota could get away with this in this environment or is this more creative accounting to confuse buyers?

I am confused now more than ever .

The bottom lne is my dealer is offering me cars in his stock or coming into stock for invoice price.

Does anyone believe aside from Fitzmall I can do better in the NYC area.
    Do not settle for anything less than $27,750 before tax and TTL for 2009 Limited V6 with QY BC TO FE MF CF-R. We are looking for the same model and that is what I was given by Hudson Toyota dealer with Plaza Automall saying they will beat the price. The only thing with Plaza Automall is you have to wait 6-8 weeks. Who knows if there are discounts then (Presidents Day). With Hudson Toyota, they want around $500 for TTL, which I find really high. If they knock it down to less than $200, I will most likely take it.
    I am just wondering,

How many dealers are on this site? :confuse:
    "How many dealers are on this site? "

Don't think you'll get an answer to that question. :)
    My only problem is I want a particular color ( Black) and the ASH or as some call it STONE interior.
    What color combos does hudson have in that exact configuration. My eyes are bleeding form looking thru the inventory of 3 local dealers to find that exact combo
    The only people who has the exact car I want is Fitzmall in Chambers PA and he wants $28,116 and the car has been there since the end of November.
    The newer cars are $300 more and I am going to try Hudson tomorrow and see if they have that exact car in stock .
    Queens boro toyota wants $227.50 for license title etc $2381.59 for tax and $28437 for that car for a OTD total of $31,046.10.
    I think Hudson is robbing you on TTLD and giving you a better price on the car.
    I tend to not believe car dealers but will try Hudson 2morrow.
    I need to get my car no later than 2 -3 weeks and would not like to give a deposit in any event on a car to be delivered later.
    As to the question of how many dealers are in here? Do you think we are tipping our hand ?

As for your comment "Do not settle for anything less than $27,750 before tax and TTL for 2009 Limited V6 with QY BC TO FE MF CF-R. We are looking for the same model and that is what I was given by Hudson Toyota dealer " Is this for a car in stock ??
    :)
    Yes that car is in stock at Hudson Toyota. I test drove it on friday. I believe it is Ash (95% sure beacuse it was at night). I also want that car but I am waiting for the dealer to lower the TTL to around $200 or less.
    Is that the one that you said drove very sluggish?

Are you going to buy it for $27750 plus TTLD?

TTLD is almost a fixed amount so find out what other dealers want and insist on that amount . Queens boro toyota wants $227.50
    If they insist on robbing you tell them to give you 30 day temp and you take care of the TTLD yourself