Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• santoshmanyasantoshmanya Member Posts: 12
    Yes, its a better deal. Check in truecar.com
  • santoshmanyasantoshmanya Member Posts: 12
    2006 does not contain side curtain airbags buy 2007
  • iah_naiah_na Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_Man: Do you know if Toyota is offering any incentives on the 2010 RAV4 limited edition in TX. Thanks for your help!!
  • ted10375ted10375 Member Posts: 10
    www.buyatoyota.com will give you current incentive information by ZIP code.
  • largee2007largee2007 Member Posts: 4
    What did you pay for the "car" itself? or, the amount that dealer pockets.

For comparison, you have to strip out such 3rd party cost as tax, title fee, etc.
  • kobedavykobedavy Member Posts: 2
    I wound up purchasing an 2010 Rav4 Base 4WD. Sticker was around 24,200.

Prices are identical as far as I can tell. The dealer I was at had an 09 and 10. The 09 had good lease incentives and a 3.9% Toyota backed loan but I did not like the color combination.

I wound up getting 1000 off of MSRP on the 2010 and got financing at 4.9% through Bank of America. I could not get much more than than on the 2009.

To me the only reason to buy an 09 is the lease incentive. I could have leased the 09 for 218 month out the door. ( With 3K down )
    Thank Ted. I checked out some RAV4's this weekend. I didnt like any 09's in stock. The dealer ordered one 2010 for me at invoice +$300 - any company incentives at the time of delivry (2010 incentives on the RAV4 are not out yet).
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who have recently purchased a compact SUV in the past six months. If you’ve downsized from a larger SUV, please let me know. Please send your daytime phone number to [email protected] by Friday, October 2, 2009.
  • ncalerncaler Member Posts: 14
    Do you mind I ask where are you and which dealership? Thanks
    Ncaler, I am in Houston, TX. The dealership is Sterling McCall Toyota on 59 and 8. Good Luck !!
  • austin15austin15 Member Posts: 9
    send me your email address and I will forward that quote to you
  • gwblackgwblack Member Posts: 4
    Hello: I'm a new poster. I'm looking to get a new RAV4. I live in SW Indiana. Can anybody suggest a "high volume" dealer in this area who will give a great price? This will be my first Toyota, and so I have no idea. Perhaps such a dealer doesn't even exist. By the way, what percent off MSRP should I target as a "good deal"?

Thanks
    Gary
  • dosthdosth Member Posts: 1
    Did I pay more. This is with QY package and backup camera.tinted windows, option.
    Can any one tell me if I ended up paying more. It almost matches with TMV with options.
    Dosth: Now that you have the car. Enjoy the ride without worrying about the numbers. You got a good deal. Have fun !!
  • karabarnettkarabarnett Member Posts: 3
    Please send me your quote.
    [email protected]
  • pawninchesspawninchess Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I just moved to Seattle area. I am looking around for a 2010 Rav4 sport AWD. I've asked around and been offered around 25,000 before TTL with extra value package by a bunch of different dealers, making OTD at 28,000. Is there any chance I can drive out below 26,000? If I switched to 09 model, how much could I save? Thanks!
  • bigbl0ck72bigbl0ck72 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for rav4 sport #4442 MSRP $26500 qx,mats,muds ,locks. Shooting for under $300 x 36 , no $ down except 1st + mv NEW YORK DEALERS SUCK
  • orangeman99orangeman99 Member Posts: 88
    That's asking a lot in my opinion. I got a 2009 Limited (msrp $28,500) in April for $350 (nothing down), that's the best I could with aggressive negotiation. That was after looking at a few different dealers.

I got it at Queensboro Toyota.
    @plaza auto mall #4442 $26200 $296 x36 + 1st +75 mv + 75 paperwork fee ?
    +12.50 tire tax .On 09 only one left in red . Want the black looks 100% nicer
    with non painted side v mirors. I hope the 2010 incentives are argresive
    Looks like they raised the MF and raised resid. same promo 199 =2199 down
    but its gonna cost you another 1000 to buy .like to know MF and resid #s
  • outcastoutcast Member Posts: 5
    Well I guess to give you some reference. I'm looking at a Limited V6 with the QY and Tow packages and all dealer fees and such for $28,200. That's $450 over Edmunds invoice price so it's not too bad I guess.

Just add my TTL and that puts me at $30k and change.
    36-month | 12k miles | residual 67% | .00085 base money factor
    2010 Rav4 sport 4cyl ,mag grey,QX,mats locks MSRP $26150
    36 months
    12k per year
    299 per month
    $0 due at signing
    $200 mv + tire tax
    NYC tax rolled into monthy
    HUDSON TOYOTA ROCKS
  • dsatterw8dsatterw8 Member Posts: 3
    How close to invoice are folks getting on 2010 RAV4's so far in October? So far, I've got three offers at 600 over, 950 over and 1050 over.

Looking in Northeast Ohio at limited, fwd, 4cyl, QY package (moonroof/leather heated seats)
  • vicjorvicjor Member Posts: 11
    We just purchased a rav 4 limited 2010 4cyl, with QY and mats for 27,000.00 that is 400 over dealer invocie, edmuds does include the dealers fees.

The 4 cyl had pleanty of power and it is just a run around car. The limited package is very nice.

Would have loved to get the cash for clunckers deal, but it ended to early.
  • gorgekitergorgekiter Member Posts: 1
    Just bought 2010 v6 Rav4 AWD base with the "non-optional" option package (racks, tinted glass, tow prep, daytime light...) for $24,412 including the current $500 rebate from Vancouver Toyota (Wa). MSRP was $27105. Ron Tonkin (Portland) would have matched the price I think. Griffith in The Dalles, OR was really close too.

The V6 is nice! Hard to do the 4 cyl. after testing the V6, I am afraid. So my advice is if you think the 4 will be enough, which it will be, don't test the 6.

Eric
  • samuelhuosamuelhuo Member Posts: 1
    Just bought 2010 base V4 RAV4 with QV package. I am in bay area, ca.
    price before TTL: 21000
    tax: 1942.5
    Tile, license, doc fee: 428
    OTD: 23370
    loan: 1.9% ARP for 36months.
    color silver.

I emailed 4 or 5 dealerships, this is best deal I can negotiated. Not bad considering 1.9% apr.
  • tarmsnttarmsnt Member Posts: 1
    Region:
    WA state

Configuration:
    2010 RAV4 V6 Limited AWD
    QY Extra Value Package #1 (Leather seats, moonroof, JBL etc.)
    BC Back-Up Monitor

Edmunds invoice:
    $28,097

Offer:
    $29,636 (That's $1,536 over invoice)

Thanks!
  • richberichbe Member Posts: 1
    At which bay area, ca dealer did you make purchase?
  • elizabethg715elizabethg715 Member Posts: 2
    I got 24,800$ 4cyl 4wd, Sport, extra value pkg, tonneau (?sp) cover, mudguards, backup camera, metallic gray today! Anderson IN (live in Indpls but the outlaying cities were way more competitive!) the indy dealers couldn't touch it. + 7% sales tax, $99 doc fee! pit the dealers against each other and they'll drop prices...
  • elizabethg715elizabethg715 Member Posts: 2
    try taylorsville IN, really helpful. bought my rav at anderson, IN today but taylorsville was willing to match, 24,800 for rav4 4wd, 4cyl sport, extra value pkg, backup camera, cargo net, cover, mudguards
  • epfrankyiepfrankyi Member Posts: 5
    hi guys,
    is there anyone can tell me the dealer invoice price for 2010 rav4 base v6 awd ?
    plan to buy it soon. should i just add 2% profit for dealer ?
  • jdogg9jdogg9 Member Posts: 1
    Southeastern PA. Purchase at 24,300 plus TTL with 3.9 finance.
    Sport AWD 4cyl. Extra Value Package, Mag Gray Met.
    In looking at toyota.com's Side-by-Side Comparison page, it states that Climate Control comes standard for Rav4 Base by Not Available for Limited. That can't be right, can it?

I can see the Rav4 has dual temperature control for driver and passenger. I assume nothing in the back. And are they really digital climate control or just temperature setting? Can any 2010 owner comment?

Thanks,
  • browngoatbrowngoat Member Posts: 1
    I've been offered a price on a 2010 base v4 (trim 4430) with QV, TC, CF and P4

Dealer says the MSRP is $22,355, the installed options are $1,754 for a total of $24,109. They are offering a discount of $1,481 for a total of $22,628, which they say is below invoice. Is it? (With $1,640 TTL, out-the-door price comes to $24,268.)

I've tried pricing this on Edmunds, but it doesn't seem to allow me to configure CF and P4 - wthout those it shows a dealer invoice of $21,083.

I'm in Gulf States (TX).

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
  • puneecarpuneecar Member Posts: 17
    I prefer Truecar.com for TMVs, edmunds's always missing some options. Though truecar doesnt show you the Option Code so you need to know which accessories to select by name, and be sure not to duplicate accessories ... like choosing Extra Value Package and then also selecting Roof Rails and Daytime Running, etc. and be sure to select the correct Floormat package. 4Pc carpet are for 3rdRow Models.

Im assuming it's FWD based on 22500 MSRP
    What's P4 anyway?

If you want to know what's their Invoice Price, just ask them to show it to you. They SHOULD show if asked, otherwise they're trying to slip one by you. But keep in mind their invoice price might not neccesarily be the "true dealer cost".. From what I'v read, mftrs purposely give dealers "bogus" invoice prices to show buyers and then give them extra kickbacks/bonus/commissions for every car sold.

Whats great about Truecar is they also show you the Invoice vs TMV vs MSRP for accessories.. so u know what leverage you have with extras as well, or dealer will tell you they're giving you a great quote on the car and then stick you with FULL MSRP for xtr accsr to make the money back.

But just from the looks of it 22600 does NOT look like below invoice. it anything, it seems like it's still 1000$ ABOVE Invoice. I could be wrong, depending on your added options. give truecar a try. I also use edmunds for a comparison TMV estimate. Im no expert, I've only recently purchased a 2009 RAV4 as my first car, but i think Iv done a ..fair.. amount of reading.

btw, my 2009 RAV was 22700 Invoice. BUT mine is w/ 3rdRow (+940) and 4WD (+1500??) .. AND 2010s right now are cheaper than 2009 is/was post Clunkers... so there really seems to be something wrong with the invoice price your dealer is giving you. make sure if its FWD or 4WD.. it's a 1500$ difference!!
    Are you sure it is 4430? I thought that MSRP is $21,500 and Invoice is $20,103 (on Edmunds). You might have gotten the model number wrong or it is definite not below invoice.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I used NADA and it shows an invoice price of $22,328 so they're close on the invoice price for the Gulf States region.
    P4 is what they call Vehicle Shield Protection Package something that many of the Toyota's sold in Texas have and from what I understand common in the Gulf States region. It includes : lusterizing sealant, sound shield & sealant cleaner, rental car assistance. Invoice is $99.00 and MSRP is $349.00.
  • evergreenevergreen Member Posts: 213
    gorgekiter....could you please confirm your numbers. Invoice on a 27.1k Rav should be around 25.4k. If you drop that another 500 for the rebate, you should have paid around 24.9k if you bought at invoice. If you only paid 24.4k, that would be 500 under invoice. That is a smoking deal and even better than Fitzmall. I live in Bend and am suprised any dealer in the NW is going that low. I hear that Rogers Toyota in Lewiston, Id., and Magic Toyota up in Edmonds, Wa., are competitive and good to work with but it is nice to hear Vancouver and Tonkin are dealing. I bought a Corolla from Vancouver Toyota 15 years ago and didn't find it a pleasant experience. Maybe they have changed owners.
    tarmsnt......Check out message #3094 since you are in the same area. You may save a bundle.
    browngoat....If the true MSRP in the window stickeris $24,109, the invoice should be about $1,700 less. If they are offering a $1481 discount, that is pretty good. If there is a $500 rebate in your area, like in many areas right now, you should get the vehicle for $1981 below MSRP.
    Hey puneecar, I am not very familiar with truecar.com but I just did a comparison between truecar and edmunds. I priced out identically optioned Rav4 Ltd and got the same MSRP from true car and edmunds but true car showed the invoice to be $594 higher than edmunds showed. Do you know why that is? I just checked some Fitzmall prices too and they seem to line up with truecar's higher invoice price. Wonder what the difference is.
    I just bought a 2010 Basic RAV4, FWD, 4 cyl, with extra value package and floor mats

I got an internet price quote by a Toyota dealer at NC research triangle area.
    $20,286, plus
    dealer fees $499,
    tags and inspection $147,
    tax (3%) $608
    Net out-the-door=$21,541. This is cash price, cannot be combined
    with the promotional financing by Toyota.

To qualify for "college graduate $1,000 rebate" I have to finance the car. So, we worked out the following deal that I accepted.
    Net OTD=$21,483, with 0% 36-month financing (financing amount=$21,483) and I signed over the $1,000 rebate to dealer as down pay. Alternatively, I think I probably can finance $22,483 and pocket the $1,000 rebate.
  • nlaurennlauren Member Posts: 1
    I just got Toyota 2010 RAV4 BASE 4x4 AWD with third row seating for
    $25,370 (OTD). Wanted to know if this is a good deal in NJ area or not?

Please suggest
    Since you have already got the car, the fairness of the price is a moot issue unless you can renegotiate the price.

OTD price is meaningless to others unless you detail the other costs, like tax, title, dealer charged fees, etc. Since I have bought cars (last one, a 07' Lexus) in NJ before, I can make a rough estimate on the deal you got. After 7% tax and options, the deal you got is a decent one, although not a steal (but who has a steal?). In general, car prices in NJ are lower than those at most mid-Atlantic and New England states.
  • josievjosiev Member Posts: 4
    My dealer is telling me I can't get QY and TH. They say Toyota won't make heated leather seats in the QY along with a third-row seat. Can only get factory fabric seats with third-row option. I see your post was in Jan '09, so maybe things have changed. Are your first two rows leather?
    Is Toyota offering the $500 rebate on the RAV4 in TX? Thanks!!
    Not that I've heard only incentives I've seen are 0% for 36 months, 2.9 for 48 months, and 3.9 % for 60 months.
  • nikkiroynikkiroy Member Posts: 1
    Hi all:

I am hoping to purchase Rav4 Limited V6 with QY package, Backview mirror, tow package... (FE BC PC QY TO)

The port installed options include - CF BM MF (carpet mats, body molding, mudgaurd)

Questions:
    1. What does "port installed" mean? Is this something the dealer installs?
    2. The price I am quoted is $29300, while MSRP comes to $31,442. Is this a good price?

3. What does "dealer holdback" price mean, its something like $500, is this something the dealer can potentially pass onto me?
    4. How much can the dealer afford to give below invoice price? I am guessing he gets the car below invoice or there are some incentives he gets...

Your answers would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    -nikki