Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• funguy123funguy123 Member Posts: 94
    Looks like 2011 RAV4 is here.. Almost no difference.

Any Comments?

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/toyota-announces-pricing-on-2011-16395- 1.aspx
  • hokiemandandanhokiemandandan Member Posts: 2
    Bought my 2010 Black Limited V6 4WD new on March 30th, 2010. It has EVP1 (leather, DRLs, moonroof, JBL sound, bluetooth, power seat and 120V AC outlet), tow prep package, rear back-up camera and floor mats (incl cargo mat). MSRP $31,099...

$27,752.00 negotiated selling price
    $499.00 GAP insurance
    $299.00 processing fee
    $841.55 3% VA Sales Tax
    $10.00 online filing fee
    $12.00 registration fee
    ---------
    $29,414 OTD
  • amingo86amingo86 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    I got my RAV4 today (08/06/2010)
    RVA4 Ltd 4x2 V4 Blizzard Pearl
    Extra Value Package #1
    Mudguard
    Floor Mats
    MSRP $27473
    Out of door price: 24900 (including $750 rebate & document fee, etc)
    Can anyone tell me is this a good price?
    Thanks a lot!! :confuse:
    What is your tax, doc fee? Can you give breakdown of the price you paid and other stuff?
  • rlblake1rlblake1 Member Posts: 4
    amingo - that looks like a great deal to me
    I am in Georgia

RAV4 Limited 4 x 2 Barcelona Red
    Extra Value Package 1
    Floor Mats

399 foor mats
    382 doc fee

Sign and Drive

Money Factor .0013
    36 Months 12K - Monthly Payment 298.00 ( No Tax)
    Residual 18,524

have not inked it yet - Think I am leaving money on the table here
  • amingo86amingo86 Member Posts: 2
    RVA4 Ltd 4x2 V4 Blizzard Pearl
    Extra Value Package #1
    Mudguard
    Floor Mats
    MSRP $27473
    Out of door price: $24900 (not include sale tax and title registration)

Here is my experience. I did my homework and set up a number I think is reasonable, and then called several dealers (8+) in town and see if they can beat the price. Only one dealer accept my offer which is $24900 including $750 rebate, document fee $200, destination $810, and whatever their profit is. I hope this is a good price!!
  • seancamryseancamry Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    Prime Toyota - Saco, ME

2010 RAV4 4x4 2.5L (Black Forest Pearl)
    Extra Value Package
    Preferred Premium Accessory Package
    Mudguards
    MSRP: $24,383
    Toyota Rebate: $750
    Negotiated price: $20,240
    OTD price: $21,668.95 (includes TTL, 5% sales tax in ME)

Also included Toyota's Free 2 yr maintenance which is basically oil & filter changes, tire rotations, fluids, etc. Unbelievably smooth transaction at Prime as she was able to drive the car home within a couple of hours after arriving at the dealership.
    WoW so you got $4000 off MSRP? That is a great deal, probably best we have seen so far. Great Work. Enjoy your new RAV4!!
  • seancamryseancamry Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the kudos. Obviously, we were extremely excited to get this kind of price and, the way I see it, there are a few factors that created the situation. Prime Auto Group is growing and in the process of expanding their market reach. By lowering prices to increase leverage, they are able to pull in buyers from other local/regional markets which increases volume. Volume driven sales creates an extremely competitive scenario, it's a classic move to capture market share.

Of course, current economic factors played a role as well as Toyota having to compensate for negative press over the last 12-18 months. Not only are they offering rebates, aggressive financing, and competitive prices, but this has got to be a first for Toyota to offer complimentary maintenance. Additionally, I believe this is the best time of the year to buy as the new 2011 models are filling up the lots and 2010 models must be sold in order for the dealers to turn inventory and bring in additional 2011 models.
  • guy30guy30 Member Posts: 3
    I have recently purchased a Rav4 FWD base model for 22,800 using 1.9% financing for 60 months (it would have been 21,800 without financing after $1000 rebate in TX). This car has some additional options like Windows Tint, Tonneau cover, extra value package, premium mats, mudgaurds etc.. Also it has been factory installed with leather. Total OTD price was 24,100$. Could you please let me know if this a reasonable deal?
    what is MSRP?
    The MSRP was 24,900$.
    3k Off MSRP, you did good. Specially for under $25k sticker.
    Thank you funnyguy123. I aprreciate your response.
  • rav4fanrav4fan Member Posts: 5
    Sean did you receive the $1,000 college graduate rebate on your deal?
    After seancamry posted about his deal from Prime Toyota I decided to Google them and request a quote. I received a price of $22,233. I then sent them a link to this topic and seancamry's post. The salesperson said that he spoke with his manager and he remembers this person and that he received the $1,000 college graduate rebate and that's how he received such a low price. I then noticed that in the salesman's signature on the e-mail he was located in Roxbury, MA, and seancamry stated that he bought his from Saco, ME. It turns out there is a Prime Toyota in each of these cities. I called him out on this and asked him how his sales manager remembers this person when he bought his in Saco, ME. He told me that both dealers have access to each other's sales. I then called him out saying that at first he said his manager said he remembered seancamry and now he changed his story to him 'having access to the other dealer's sales'.

This person also asked me how they could sell that car $2,000 below invoice without any rebates, to which I replied 'seancamry did receive a $750 rebate'.

After I told the salesperson that I lived six hours away he told me that if I would stop by they could offer a competitive price. Yeah, I'm going to drive six hours without a deal done. After calling him out on his shady tactics I received an e-mail from a sales manager. He gave me the same crappy price as the first salesperson did, $22,233. So this person expected me to drive six hours to get the same crappy price? The first salesperson said they would work out something close to what seancamry got.

45 Minutes after I posted here and asked seancamry if he did indeed receive the $1,000 college graduate rebate, paxson3363 registered and called us losers. Keep in mind I did send my salesperson a link to this topic, so I really believe that it is him. lovetoyota Is probably one of his salesperson buddies. The manager insists that their web software blocks them from registering for websites like this but I bet they used a blackberry or mobile phone. The sales manager later told me that the salesperson made a mistake and insisted that I make mistakes (no, I don't deceive people), but never actually said that the salesperson was lying about the $1,000 college graduate rebate. What an experience with this dealer.

And to the two salespeople who posted above me, I may be a nickel and diming loser, but at least I don't have some crappy internet sales job. I'm paying with cash too, thanks to all of my nickel and diming, I bet you'll never be able to do that.

I do not recommend buying from Prime Toyota in Roxbury, MA. Shady all around.
    The reason I just wrote all of the above is because there were two posts calling us losers for trying to nickel and dime dealerships and we give salesmen a bad name. I know it was the shady salesmen from Prime Toyota in Roxbury MA who wrote those things. Those posts have now been deleted.

Anyway, I still want seancamry to confirm that he did not receive the $1,000 rebate. I know you're reading this Prime. You can't fool me, I'm too smart. And you owe me $500 since you couldn't beat the other dealer's price that I sent you, as soon as I buy it from them.
  • franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    I saw the two posts above you before they were deleted. I have been looking at Rav4's prices in the past 2 months. I am just waiting for the right time. I don't mind being called nickel and dime as long as I walk into a dealer knowing what I want and have a deal in place. I can't force anyone to sell me the car if they don't want to. Back to the topic, has anyone here purchased a Rav4 limited 4 or 6 cyl without Nav. in So. Cal? What's the price you received before taxes and fees. Thanks
    Prime is a joke. They have a $500 guarantee if they cannot beat another dealer's price and when I asked for information about it they e-mailed me a link on their website that said 'see a salesperson for more details.' So I responded again asking for details and they tell me to stop e-mailing them. Prime doesn't have time for me, they have other customers to screw. There is no $500 guarantee. I can't say that I'm suprised though.

I had a great deal worked out with another dealership but they did not have a red one with gray interior. I considered buying the black forest color but decided against it.
  • yaskazyaskaz Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2010
    2010 RAV4 / V6 / 4WD /LTD
    Extra value package1
    rear camera
    floor mats-

$28,190 plus 479 doc fee and tax/reg/tag etc.

any idea if this is a good deal?
  • kwhatkwhat Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Rav4 4WD with extra value package and third row seating:
    MSRP: $25,054
    Negotiated Price: $21,250 (including $750 rebate incentive)
    Additional fees: Sales tax, registration fee $125, and docking fee $299.

Deal or can do better?

If the Toyota dealer is not advertising the 2 year free maintenance incentive, does one still get it direct from Toyota or does it need to be negotiated with the dealer?
  • paxson3363paxson3363 Member Posts: 1
    You make no sense you dope...I wasnt even talking to you or about you. Pay with cash? Yeah, right. If you could pay anything with cash you wouldnt be in here saying..'do i have a good deal? like the meek person that you are....
  • pgo1pgo1 Member Posts: 9
    I am looking at certified pre-owned vehicles, including Rav4s from 2008-2009. There does not appear to be any low interest financing on certified Toyotas (as there is on VW's--1.9%). The only language I have seen on Toyota websites is that CPO vehicles are eligible for Toyota's "new car financing rates." Does anyone know what APRs and loan lengths are available from Toyota on certified cars?
  • vutronicvutronic Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I've been negotiating for a few days here is the final offer I got for a 2010 RAV4 4X2:

Out of the door price: 23,500 with 1.9% APR. Lifetime warranty powertrain. 2 yrs free maintainance.

What do you think? Also, will I regret for not buying the RAV4 4X4 later on? I currently live in Michigan. I really want the 4X4 but I can't afford it at the moment.

Thanks.
    I was looking at a certified Matrix, and they offered 1.9 % APR. So I guess it depends on the dealer.
    Seems high to me. I just paid $21,250 for a 2010 Rav4 4WD with extra value package and third row seating. Financing for 2.79% (60 months) and 2 years free maintenance.

Are you sure there is such a thing as lifetime warranty powertrain???
    $21,250 for a 2010 Rav4 4WD with extra value package and third row seating??
    Wow..what a good deal!! How long you had to negotiate?

I just called a different dealer and they told me they
    can only go as low as $23,300 for a 10 rav4 4x2.

Yes the dealer told me it's life time warranty.
    edited August 2010
    I did the whole negotiating online over a dozen emails. Went in today to sign papers and they offered me a slightly better financing rate than my credit union so I took that too.

I saw the lifetime warranty thing offered by some Michigan dealers after reading your reply. Make sure you read the conditions. It has a lot of strings attached (maintenance, non-transferable , etc.)

Maybe ask them to re-quote you without this lifetime warranty? Or find a dealer that doesn't offer it. Nothing is free in this year. That's probably why you are being quoted so high. You are paying upfront in a way.
    edited August 2010
    Ja..I mean paxson3363, do you usually call customers 'nickel and dime losers' and 'dopes' to their faces or are you just an internet tough guy?
  • crv_2010crv_2010 Member Posts: 4
    2010 RAV4 with the extra value pkg1,
    MSRP is $24994. OTD price $22900 drive out (includes everything, tax, title and registration. etc).
    Is this a good deal?
    What was your MSRP for this car? May be OTD price includes high dealer doc fees etc?
  • shabkapshabkap Member Posts: 3
    Kwhat, i m looking for the same RAV4 as yours. (with a 3rd row seating), The best internet price i got so far is 23,057. Which dealer did you go to , which state ?This price they offered me, included a 750 cash back. How did you get them to offer you so low ?
  • steadydoesitsteadydoesit Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

I've been in the market looking and haggling for this base model for awhile but I can't get the deal I want.

I'm from SoCal (LA county with 9.75% tax). I thought I finally got something yesterday at 22,800 OTD and was so glad to make the deal. Unfortunately, it turned out the internet contact meant it to be a cash payment price. I want to get the 2.9% 60 month plan with that price too. Is it impossible to get the base model at a price like that with the financing plan?

If they're trying to make me feel like no one will give me something below 23000 OTD, they're very close to succeeding.
  • obedobed Member Posts: 1
    On 8/23/2010 I took my Rav4 2004 to Del Toyota in PA for service for an antifreeze leak, underneath the engine. The service department reviewed the leak and totally rejected their own Platinum Warranty on the Rav4. They said the leak is in the engine block threads and may not be fixable. Engine block threads ? They said I would have to replace the entire engine at my cost, which Del Toyota happens to have one in stock. So why did Del Toyota in PA refuse to Honor their own Platinum Warranty ? The Platinum Warranty is good till 2011 or 100,000 miles, which the vehicle is within warranty. Please Help!
    WoW..

Over $3800 discount, that is a really good deal.
  • cochbrcochbr Member Posts: 13
    BC-Backup Camera
    QY-Extra Value Package
    CF-Premium Carpet Mat Set
    P2-Vehicle Shield Package
    MF-Mud Guards
    SM-Colored Key Side Molding
    MSRP-$28,371
    Negotiated(effortlessly)-$24,900+ttl

I had the easiest, best car-buying experience at Ford Bend Toyota, TX via internet sales manager. Very personable, yet straight to the point. No runaround, crunching numbers, where's waldo salesman. I gave him comparable quotes from rival dealerships and he said he'll beat it, let's get the deal done. So I was set with the sale price, but had the trade-in value to worry about. He met the highest quote I got from other dealerships. Simple, quick, no bs-ing. I couldn't be more pleased. He certainly will receive top ratings on the forthcoming customer satisfaction survey.
  • johninphillyjohninphilly Member Posts: 2
    Just leased a 2010 new Rav 4 Base model AWD V6. Had the pre tow package and the convenience package (roof rack , 17" wheels, etc.).

Here is the deal we got at Sloane Toyota in Ardmore:

$259.93 per month
    $470 down
    Gap insurance included
    12 k miles per year
    2 yr free maintenence

Money factor - .00034
    Residual - $17,049
    36 month lease

I took this deal to another dealership and asked them to match it and they told me there was no way they could match the deal and if I did indeed get them to honor it that I should take it and run.
  • shabkapshabkap Member Posts: 3
    I just got this offer for a RAV4 base model AWD with 3rd row seating.
    $22607. He wouldnt go less than this at all , tried my best but he did not budge. Also dealer is charging, 249 -Security system(window etching),
    313 - Registratn /title , 299 Doc. + Tax. He told me that in NJ its a new law, and that i do not need to register in the next 4 yrs and that these fees are fixed by the state.
    Can anyone tell me if this is all true, did others also pay for the Security system and that he is just not trying to get more out of me ?
    I am not in NJ but i have no idea what is $249 security system. Also Doc fees varies by dealers, they range from $0 - $599. My dealer is at $199. Registration $313 seems high, not sure if that's NJ thing or not.
    Has anyone used "Highly Rated Certified Dealer" at True Car? It seems like they can get you that price from the dealer. Of course they don't show you the dealer name. Has anyone tried this? Does it work?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    The dealer is correct about NJ collecting for four years title/registration upfront...

That doesn't have any bearing on the doc fee or window etching, though... Just add that into the selling price for the true cost...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• toyotagaltoyotagal Member Posts: 215
    Anyone have word on when the 2011s will hit the floor? I read on some websites that the end of August. But in talking to a Salesman this week he said a "couple months".
  • rav4fan2010rav4fan2010 Member Posts: 3
    We signed yesterday a deal for 2010 RAV4. The vehicle was 2010 RAV4 Ltd edition, 3.5L V6 4wheel drive, 5 speed automatic, EVP package, tow package, cargo and floor mats, exhaust tip valor. No navigation. The MSRP was $30,818 and invoice that they showed was $28764. We closed the deal for $28325 with only sales tax. I got the 2 yr maintenance plan, unlimited lifetime powertrain warranty, transferable if we decide to move/sale the vehicle. The dealer had some obscure post package of $488 that he was giving for free

What you think about the deal?
    Is this correct?
    so your MSRP: $30818 + $488 (optional stuff)
    Price you paid: $28325 + Tax

Does your deal include $1000 Toyota rebate?
  • danhoustondanhouston Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2010
    sounds like it's a lot of money for a rav4. after tax or o-t-d price, is it around $30K or more?
    NO. There was only $750 rebate. I took 1.9%APR financing instead. The cost does not inlude the sales tax yet.
    yes after tax it comes to be 30K. And I did think I paid more. But from the suggested invoice price constructed on the edmnds I almost paid the same invoice price
    I think you did good. You paid $2.5k less + $488 stuff. So almost $3k off without using the rebate. That is a good deal. I am having hard time getting $2.5k off my deal.
  • rsctx48rsctx48 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in the 2010 RAV4 LTD V6. Is paying invoice a fair deal for the RAV4 LTD? or should I aim for below invoice?

Also, I am not sure if I should get the 2010 version because of the earlier RECALL fiasco. I am worried if the recall issue is going to cause the resell value to sink later. Any suggestions?
    Has anyone tried to get the Remote Starter with RAV4 Limited (with Smart Key)? My dealer is telling me that it costs $600 to put Remote Starter in RAV4 Limited because it has smart key (Push button start inside the car). Is that true? That seems high, I thought Remote Starters were around $300?

Any help would be really appreciated.