Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• toyotagaltoyotagal Member Posts: 215
    Personally I have been waiting for the 2011s after the many Toyota fiascos this last year.
    Tweaks are being made and I do like the idea of a Brake Override. All 2011s come standard with the Star Safety System which includes a combination of 5 accident avoidance features
  • maxnatmaxnat Member Posts: 1
    We just signed the deal yesterday (Sep 11th, 2010)

My zip code - 01752

MSRP of the CAR - $29317
    Invoice price - 26019
    Out of the door price - (Inclusive of new plates, documentation, tax and other charges)
    was - 27600.

I took the 500 rebate and did not go for the 2.9% financing. Also there was no trade-in.

The package :
    Limited Edition, 4 Cyl, 4WD, QY package, Body side moldings, mud flaps, floor mats, rear cargo cover.
  • funguy123funguy123 Member Posts: 94
    Wow, That is a good deal.

What was your sales tax (how many %)?
    What is the price you paid before taxes, doc fee, plates?
  • dmdubdmdub Member Posts: 2
    Using a combination of internet dealers and phone calls, I was able to get a silver base RAV4 4 X 4 with Extra Value Package for $22,321.The MSRP was 24,303. I was able to secure 3.5% outside financing, so I was also able to take advantage of the $750 cash back. Plus the dealer doc fee, my Out the Door Price was $21,850.

While I might have been able to get a better price if I had haggled longer, I was happy with the deal and didn't want to miss out on getting the color I wanted since the 2010 models are running low. I agree that internet pricing is the way to go with sites like TrueCar (I don't think Autobrag works anymore), the only time I had to set foot on the dealership was to test drive the vehicle.
  • h82bl8h82bl8 Member Posts: 5
    I just got a '10 FWD base model for $880 below invoice (invoice= according to edmunds.com) in SoCal. The options are: base model extra value pkg (QV), upgraded stereo w/xm and 6 CD (DJ), and the 5 piece floor matts. I suggest checking out cars.overstock.com. USAA car buying service uses the same "engine" as cars.overstock.com. The sticker was $23.2k and I got it for $20.9k + TTL. I also received the $500 military rebate. I couldn't get the 2.9% financing since I got the military rebate but it was worth it. OTD price was $22.6k.
  • rahras76rahras76 Member Posts: 9
    I am also looking for a RAV4 base model AWD in Texas. Is $ 22,607 OTD price ..Do let me know.
    Dear All,
    I am looking for RAV4 base model AWD best price..Any suggestion on price and let me know the best dealer who deals and give BEST DEALS..
    Thanks RK , rahul0876@gmail.com
    Dear All,
    I am looking for RAV4 base model AWD best price..Any suggestion on price and let me know the best dealer who deals and give BEST DEALS..
    Thanks RK , rahul0876 at gmail.
    I am also looking for 2010 Rav4 AWD ..Do let me know the price or how low he is going on invoice... will appreciate if you can also let me know the dealer details...rk
    I am also looking for 2010 Rav4 AWD ..Do let me know the price or how low he is going on invoice... will appreciate if you can also let me know the dealer details...rk
    I am also looking for 2010 Rav4 AWD ..Do let me know the price or how low he is going on invoice... will appreciate if you can also let me know the dealer details...Please let me know the details of the dealer..
    Where did you got the price of Out the Door Price was $21,850.
    I am also looking for Rav4 AWD at this price.
    Please let me know at rahul0876atgmail. Thanks
  • dmdubdmdub Member Posts: 2
    The invoice price I paid was $22321, plus dealer doc fee, minus the $750 rebate since I was able to get outside financing at a good rate. So your $22,650 isn't too far off, only a couple hundred more than what I paid, not counting the rebate. I would recommend contacting a couple dealers and let them know what your best offer is and see they can beat it, I saved a couple hundred dollars that way. My dealership was in Nebraska, but you can probably get a better deal if you take local stock from a local dealer if you're out of state.
  • rsj111rsj111 Member Posts: 1
    funguy123, I just looked into the same for my 09 RAV 4. Was quoted $600 from Toyota dealer.
    There must be better prices out there for these push button starts.
  • mr_pralinemr_praline Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 2010 RAV4 Ltd FWD 4cyl on 9/29 in Oklahoma City. Equipped with QZ (leather/nav), backup camera, special color, and a few PIO extras (molding, mudguards, mats, Blu Logic). MSRP of $29,520; invoice $26,843.

I paid $27,400 minus $1,000 cash incentive = $26,400 out the door. That excludes any tax, title, license fees. Not a fantastic deal but the alternative was having an unhappy wife!

Another dealer I was working with had about the same price. He told me the 2011 RAV4s are to arrive in port the first week of November.
    Has anyone seen a 2011 at the Dealers yet?
  • nyc_car_buyernyc_car_buyer Member Posts: 6
    The 2011 are being delivered in some parts of the country. There are a lot in the New York area already. On cars.com you can search dealer inventory and see if dealers in your area have them. However, don't expect the dealers to be honest about it. I went to quite a few dealers in the New York City area and all but one dealer told me that the 2011's were weeks or months away when in fact were already on the way. One helpful salesperson told me the week her dealer was expecting their first delivery of 2011's and she was spot on. I was looking to lease the 2011 but unfortunately in September the money factor on the 2011 Rav4 was much higher than the 2010 Rav4. I'm waiting to see what deals are offered in October on the 2011. I think most dealers are now willing to sell the 2010 Rav4 at invoice.
    I did see that our local dealers in California show 3 each of 2011 RAV4s. But all are 4 cylinder non Limited models. Apparently there was an identical allocation to each of the 3 dealers. What I want is a Limited, V-6, AWD.
  • abiswas1abiswas1 Member Posts: 1
    Bought 2010 Rav4 2WD + Extra Value Package (privacy glass + floor mats + tonneau cover + roof rack) + Mudguards for $19,900. Dealer took $500 rebate. Got 2 years maintenance.How was the deal ?
    What is MSRP?
    is $19,900 before ttl?
  • nmm17nmm17 Member Posts: 1
    This site provided me with the name of the Toyota of Greenfield MA who discounted the extended warranty over $400 from my dealer in NH where I had bought 2 vehicles prior and which has still not refunded my money. Sometimes I get extended warranties, sometimes not. Since this vehicle had the bells and whistles of push button start, heated seats, sun roof to open and tilt, climate control, etc. all with electronics to go wrong, it seemed a safe bet on a car that I want to drive a long time. The labor costs get prohibitive on nonwarranty work.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of the Toyota RAV4 who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Saturday, November 20, 2010 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Dear All,
    I had one of the best experience of buying a car from Gene Messer Toyota in Lubbock,TX. I got my Rav 4 from this dealership, the showroom was excellent, nice décor and most important “ All friendly people”.
    The sales consultant was great and had good product knowledge. I just found there was no pressure from the sales agent. He gave us enough time to think, drive and decide. His offer was excellent and he met our budget in a very nice way. The whole team was great and was more than willing to help us in all ways. Infact we got a great warranty. I wish this store good luck and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the dealer. The Gene Messer Toyota, Lubbock , Texas dealership is fantastic. Thanks.RK
  • counselor4444counselor4444 Member Posts: 47
    Hi all,
    I'm trying to figure out how long I can get a 2010 RAV4 in the northeast. Anyone know what dealer cash is being offered this month to dealers who sell them? Also, am I correct that there is a $750 rebate? Thanks!
  • mouse6mouse6 Member Posts: 1
    I get a offer of OTD price of $22500 for RAV4 base model. Is that good? I am in south California.
  • tahoebctahoebc Member Posts: 6
    Purchased a fully loaded 2011 v6 4x4 last week for 100 under invoice. Love it so far.
  • vpadmanvpadman Member Posts: 1
    Got a quote of $19400( excluding tax/title/tag )for a toyota rav4 base model. Is that a good price ?
  • colicoli Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy my first car, and looking at Rav4. Probably base with some upgrades. If you wouldn't mind, could you please share how much you paid for yours so I have some idea how much to haggle down to?

Thanks so much!
  • popotonpopoton Member Posts: 1
    Got a 2011 4WD with value package, floor mat, remote start & mud guard for OTD $24,666. how's that?
  • pali1pali1 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you buy it from buddy?
    What is the MSRP of the car? and What Price you paid (before TTL)?
  • behringbehring Member Posts: 2
    What dealership offered you this price?

Thanks!

John B
  • behringbehring Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get this price? It is very good.

Thanks!

John B
  • kiltmankiltman Member Posts: 67
    A dealership in Ohio has agreed to my zag.com price of $800 under invoice. I have to drive to get it but the closest a local dealer will do is invoice price.
    Sticker is $28,794. Invoice is $27,010. Selling price is $26,210.

Vehicle has premium value pkg which most seem to have.
    Now I just have to wait for my wife to pick a colour.
  • theskidishtheskidish Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    Just got a V6 Sport, 4x2 with the sport extra value package (moonroof, roof rack, 6 disk changer,...) and tow prep package for what I was shown $800 under invoice for $25,750 + TTL, with 1.9% financing for 60 months. Checked with 3 dealerships and that was the lowest I could get them to move on the price. I think they were all being stingy because they were giving me a little more for my trade than it was worth (because I asked for the same price for my trade from all three).

Just thought I would share it with you guys.
    I keep seeing many posts that discuss a comparison to "invoice price". I suspect most are referring to "manufacturer's invoice". However, I only consider the effect of "dealer's invoice" on the price I will pay. With "Dealer's Invoice" being lower than "Manufacturer's Invoice". Most Dealer's want us to think that "Manufacturer's Invoice" is what the vehicle cost the Dealership. Not true just a hoax used by Dealer's to get us to pay more.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,582
    Where do you find the "Dealer Invoice" price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cameronbluecameronblue Member Posts: 1
    Hello, here is what a local dealer offered me. The OTD is for a 2011 RAV4, Apperance and Enhancement Value Package, 2WD, V4. Is this a fair deal? Accept? Decline? Any advice would help. Thanks.

MFG BASE PRICES DLR$ 21380.00 MSR$ 23625.00
    TOTAL FACTORY OPTIONS DLR$ 1386.00 MSR$ 1682.00
    TOTAL PORT OPTIONS DLR$ 629.03 MSR$ 1136.00
    DELIVERY/PROCESSING/HANDLING DLR$ 875.00 MSR$ 875.00
    T.M.F. DLR$ 726.00 MSR$
    T.A.F. DLR$ 0.00 MSR$
    2% HOLDBACK MSRP DLR$ 472.00 MSR$
    PIO HOLDBACK DLR$ 90.00 MSR$
    DEALER ADDED OPTIONS DLR$ 0.00 MSR$ 0.00
    FLEET PRICE PROTECTION DLR$ MSR$
    1% FINANCE RESERVE MSRP DLR$ 236.00 MSR$
    FLEET CREDIT DLR$ MSR$

** PRICING TOTALS ** DLR$ 25794.03 MSR$ 27318.00

OTD $28,373

Options:
    Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
    with Integrated Backup Camera Monitor
    50 State Emissions
    Enhancement Value Package
    (Savings of up to $1000): includes AM
    6-Disc CD Changer with MP3/WMA Playba
    Capability, Six Speakers, XM Radio
    (includes 90-Day Trial Subscription),
    Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Daytim
    Running Lights (DRL), Roof Rack, Powe
    Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade
    Auto On/Off Headlamps
    Appearance Package
    (V6 4WD and 4-Cylinder Models Only):
    includes Unique Rear Door with Chrome
    Accents, Run-Flat Tires, Unique RAV4
    Sport Badging, Stainless Steel Exhaus
    Tip, Color-Keyed Power Heated Outside
    Appearance Package
    Tip, Color-Keyed Power Heated Outside
    Mirrors with Turn-Signal Indicators a
    Folding Feature, Clear Rear Step Bump
    Protector, Chrome-Accented Shift Leve
    with Leather Inlay, Chrome Interior D
    Handles, Chrome Parking Brake Tip and
    Trim, and Unique Door Sill Covers
    (Replaces Four Standard Tires, Spare
    Spare Tire Cover and Black Rear Step
    Bumper Protector)
    Tonneau Cover
    Color-Keyed Side Molding
    Premium Carpet Mat Set
    Carpet Floor Mats
    Rear Cargo Mat
    Premium Security System
    VIP Sales Follow-Up
    VIP Sales Follow-Up
    Vehicle Shield Package
    Lusterizing Sealant
    Sealant Cleaner
    Fabric Guard
    Rental Car Assistance
  • westiethewillywestiethewilly Member Posts: 32
    Not confirm ,but 2011 Sport 4x4 with Value pkg, appearance pkg, Tow prep, Blue Tooth, Floor mats, and cargo net. MSRP $ 29,519. Cash for $ 26,100. I do have a $ 500 coupon from that dealer. Needs to done by Sat. 11/27. Another dealer with the car would only go to $27k. The price is around $1k under manufactuer invoice. do not know dealer invoice. I would ttthink beween $ 25 to $ 26k. Any input ?
  • theskidishtheskidish Member Posts: 2
    In my experience, 1k under "manufacturer's" invoice is a good deal (in my eyes). However, I think that after you visit multiple dealers you'll get a good feel for what you can and can't get away with. When all is said and done I had whittled it down to 3 Rav4's (at 3 different dealerships) and with my best haggling skillz they were all within $10 of each other (monthly payment) so I figured I had done my job and just went with the one I liked the best.

I will say that even if you knew what the "dealer" invoice was doesn't mean you're going to talk them down anymore. The dealer isn't going to lose money on a sale, no matter how many times they say it.

Using this (http://www.truecar.com/Toyota/all/models.html) I paid "average", but it lists my best deal at a Toyota dealership near me and I checked all three of them and none of them came close to that price, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.
    "Knowing the Dealer's Invoice Price" merely tells you exactly what profit the Dealer will make on your individual sale. Not knowing that only means you are guessing how much profit they will make. And they do like to lead you to believe that they will make no profit if they get to "Manufacturer's Invoice" Wrong! They still make a profit. When bargaining it is usually good to start with "Dealer's Invoice" and go up from there. IMHO $1,000 over Dealer's Invoice isn't so bad for them.

I get my Dealers' Invoice numbers from Consumer Reports.org and although it costs me $14. I believe it is money well spent. You can probably get this from other free sources as well.
  • westiethewillywestiethewilly Member Posts: 32
    Ended up getting the car for $ 25,900 without Blue tooth. For a MSRP of $ 29,259. I think that was a good deal not to pass up.
  • clarksburgclarksburg Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    2011 TOYOTA RAV-4 BASE THIRD ROW AUTO Trans
    Option:
    1.Value Package
    2.Fabric-Trimmed 50/50 Split & Stow 3rd Row

Final PRICE: $21,500 (incl. Freight) +TAX, TAGS, PROC. FEE ($100).
  • biniambiniam Member Posts: 1
    Hi obed
    I was wondering if you had your problem fixed. I just had the same response from the Toyota dealership here in Michigan. I took my 2004 Rav4 after I noticed a coolant leak and they told me the same thing - replace the engine. What do you know, they also had a used engine available at the dealership. It just didn't make sense at all. I have an appointment with a local mechanic next week.
  • busnumberonebusnumberone Member Posts: 2
    I paid 25300 + tax( 6.75%) for 2011 base v6 4wd rav4 with upgrade value package, tow prep package, floor mats, door side moldings, mudguards. I know that my deal is not a great one. can anybody tell if its atleast fair or a rip-off?
    Looks like a pretty good deal.
    According to truecar.com, the invoice on that model with options is $26,400.
    So $1100 under invoice is good.
    Although quality of deal depends on whether you could use the $500 incentive in November (post didn't say if you bought last month or this month).
    Still, anything under invoice is good.
    Around me (Detroit) they won't come below invoice. I have to drive to Columbus for my Rav4 on Saturday. :)
  • busnumberonebusnumberone Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. yes, I bought it in the last week of November with the Toyota 500 rebate. my price includes that. I live in Toledo, OH. Toyota doesn't sell Rav4 v6 4wd in Base trim in this region( thats what i was told by the local Toledo dealer). So, I went to Chicago and bought one. Good luck with your purchase.
    As suggested by an earlier poster IMHO http://www.truecar.com/index.html
    is the way to go when looking at whether you got a Good Deal or a Great Deal or??????????? I recently picked up a RAV 4 Limited at below "Dealer's Invoice" which surprised me. But apparently it as because the Dealership was under renovation. No other Dealer could even come close. With "Dealer's Invoice" being less than "Manufacturer's Invoice".
    Here is what I got at Germain Toyota in Columbus, OH. I live in Detroit but the zag.com price was worth the trip.
    2011 Rav4 Ltd 4wd 4cyl Black Forest Pearl (awesome looking color) ash leather interior with backup camera, mudguards and floormats
    no gap ins. or extended warranty.
    3yrs, 15k miles/year
    MSRP: $29,368
    Zag Price: $26,420
    Acquisition fee: 650
    Doc fee: 250
    title, reg, lic: 15
    Total capitalized: 27,335
    Money factor: .00085
    Residual: @62% or $17,810
    Down: $321.13
    per month $321.13