Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rv4_2011rv4_2011 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a 2011 RV4 Base FWD. May I ask how can I check the REAL invoice price please?
    I am in Delaware.
  • liam10liam10 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Just bought a 2011 RAV4 4WD V6 Ltd in Spokane WA. Options include: Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror, Navigation Value Package, Tow Prep Package, Floor Mats, Mudguards.
    $ 29,657 - Price of Vehicle
    150 - Doc Fee
    86 - License Fee
    2,639 - Sales Tax
    (750) - Less Rebate
    $ 31,782 - Out the door price (no trade in)
  • siruvaluresiruvalure Member Posts: 6
    Bought a RAV4 4WD Base with L4 and QP package in Shawnee, KS.
    For $22,200 + Tax
    No admin fee or doc fee.
  • baseline1baseline1 Member Posts: 6
    Also went to Germain Toyota in Columbus, OH. It's two hours away. But the trip is worth of the money

RAV4 base 4 Cyl 4WD with Value Package, white color

Before tax: 21,625
    Plus TTL: 23,589
    Choose $500 rebate
    Also qualify $1,000 College recent graduate program

Finally, OTD: 22,089

Quote through truecar.com. It it the exact price I got. Very satisfied with the final price.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    isnt zag and truecar the same thing? Zag uses true-car ?
  • baseline1baseline1 Member Posts: 6
    I ever asked the sales person when I purchased my car. He said they are same.

Zags has around 6 programs. They are all same.

That's what I was told.

_____

isnt zag and truecar the same thing? Zag uses true-car ?
  • tstraubtstraub Member Posts: 25
    Took delivery today, included Premium Plus EVP, backup mirror, mudguards and floor mats - MSRP $29,368. Factory Invoice $27,484 (including dealer prep), dealer invoice $26,958(factory invoice less all holdback) - sale price $26,900, $58 below dealer invoice. Add $150 doc fee, sales tax and tags. Financed at 1.9%, very happy with the deal and was able to do it locally. Spent about two hours on the phone playing dealers against each other.
  • mathersonmatherson Member Posts: 41
    Bought at Copeland Toyota in Brockton.
    Had backup camera and floor mats, as well as Premium Plus Package
    Pyrite Mica with camel interior.
    MSRP: $29,269
    Sale price after rebate: $25,351

Great deal on my trade as well.
    They beat Boch in Norwood by over $3k in total.
    I highly recommend this dealer.
  • dimaqqdimaqq Member Posts: 1
    Rav4 4wd base, OTD 24500 in Arizona, that's what we go in the end. Local dealer, Findlay's Toyota in Flagstaff agreed to match the best offer I was able to solicit online, I was at it 2 days, I started with truecar.com and continued by email and phone.

Thumbs up to local dealer, and big thanks to Hatch, Right, Power and Bell Road for their grat online quotes.
  • ph1972ph1972 Member Posts: 5
    I brought this vehicle with 11 miles on it for 20500 and 22500 after tax title and tags from Holman toyota nj
  • bao1bao1 Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2011
    Just bought one for $27000+TTL. MSRP was 29,899. Also got the 1.9% financing. I am very happy with this deal. The best part is that I got the deal over email and we were in and out of the dealership in 1 hour. The drive to get there was longer!!
  • ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    If you can't find this information on true.car website, then you could pay a small fee to Consumer Reports. They offer a service where you can get the
    information on the true cost of purchase. Including the holdback, hidden rebates, regional advertising fee, financial reserve, etc. Give that a shot.
  • dieselpleasedieselplease Member Posts: 3
    I want to buy a new 2011 Rav4 v6 4wd in Base with 3rd row.

really i am sick :mad: of local dealers in Los angeles They are .........

its ok for me to drive up 100 miles from LA if there is any good deal .

any advice.

Thanks.
  • michaelp1michaelp1 Member Posts: 14
    Like to get some feedback on an internet quote I just received from a local dealer: Base $23,896, plus $1,616 for Premium Plus Package w/mats, plus charges: $810 destination; $442 TDA; $528 holdback; and $264 wholesale financial reserve. Total: $27,556. Seems to be under Edmunds TMV (assuming that the TMV does not include holdback, TDA and reserve. Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks so much.
  • nike284nike284 Member Posts: 1
    MSRP: 267XX
    Final price: 24300 + ttl
    including $1000 college graduate rebate + 2.9% finance for 60 months

Base
    Upgrade value package
    mud guards
    5 piece mat set
    backup camera
    bluetooth
  • rav4er3rav4er3 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a 2011 Rav4 limited edition for $28000 OTD from Milton Ruben Augusta GA.
    It is fully loaded. Only rear view camera is missing.
    Leather, moonroof, navigation package, heated seats, automatic adjustable driver seat, bluetooth, 6disc changer, automatic climate control, push start.

Is this a good price. BTW he offered me a 2011 RAV4 base model for $20000 OTD. I absolutely did not have anything but it was definitely worth. It made me think for very long time but finally ended buying limited edition.

Is $28000 OTD a good price for limited edition?
  • rav42011buyerrav42011buyer Member Posts: 9
    Very good price I must say. Is it a 2WD or 4 WD? V6?
    Did you get 0% financing? Also does it include the 3rd row seating? I am planning on buying a Rav 4, so want to gather as much info as I can before I got to dealer.
  • franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    Hi,

Please let us know the following: 2WD or 4WD, V6? What 's the MSRP and selling price not OTD (since tax rate and fees vary from state to state). Thanks for your help.
    edited April 2011
    It was a 2WD, V4. V6 was 1400 more.
    I got 1.9% rate for 60 months. 0% rate is for 24 months. So took 1.9%. I wanted 3rd row seating but there was none available in the entire south east region with limited and 3rd row seating. so compromised with 2 rows.
  • knang8888knang8888 Member Posts: 13
    just bought from North Hollywood Toyota 2011 Rav4 base 4cyl silver with value package, car mats and cargo mat plus cargo net for $24K OTD after $500 cash rebate.

There was a better deal at thousand oaks toyota for $19,999 plus ttl. This is for 4cyl base with value pkg. I did not get this one due to color red which my wife did not approved. Otherwise, this would have been a better deal.
  • sheeplekingsheepleking Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Just purchased 2011 RAV4 Limited with V6, AWD, Premium Plus EVP, back-up camera, tow prep pkg, 2" receiver and wiring, floor mats, cargo net. 60 mos financing at 1.9%, got $500 Toyota cash back, $1,000 college grad and Kings gives free oil/filter changes for life of vehicle. Price before taxes and trade was $28,068.

Got decent amount back for trade as well so I'm very pleased with the overall experience. Kings Toyota (Automall) is massive (23 or 24 dealers) so they have great selection.
    So bought one last week. It is 2Wd, 4 cyl, Limited with Premium package (Leather seats, bluetooth, heated front seats, moonroof etc.), backup camera, cargo mats, Blizzard pearl color ($220 extra) for $26,700 OTD.
    Hi,

This is exactly what I am looking for 2WD, Limited 4 cyl and blizzard. Since tax rates are different from one city to another, $26,700 OTD was after tax and license or before? What's the MSRP on the vehicle? Thank you.
    $26700 was after all taxes. I went to zag.com and built my car from there and took the price certificate to the dealer and they were ready to honor that price. the tax rate for my county was 6%. Before taxes it was ~$24,500. Just checked the zag again and the pricing has changed (increase of ~$2700) because of the limited inventory on Rav4 (after effects of Japan earthquake). I would recommend you wait for a month or 2 since all the dealers I went to told me the same thing about limited inventory and not getting more stock in. None of them were ready to give me the car at that price except one dealer who has more than a dozen Rav4s in stock.
    Just wait for some days and let them get the stock (since things are now stabilizing in Japan I guess).
    Congrat on getting a great deal, I have noticed price increase as well. Thanks
  • mcoctopusmcoctopus Member Posts: 13
    Rav4 owners please help me out . I bought a new Rav4 recently and the dealer couldnt give me the manuals at the time. 2 weeks after they got me owners manual. I understand there are others books and manuals that come with the vehicle. Can anyone tell me what other booklets I should be getting with the vehicle.

Thank you.
  • muthu1muthu1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

This Saturday I went to my local dealer at Woburn MA and got the below quote

- Price 24,500
    - OTD 27,200 (TAX + Document)

Rav 4 Base with 4WD with
    - 3rd row
    - Value package
    - Backup Camera
    - Bluetooth
    - Remove start with security system
    - Floor mat

Is this a good deal?

Thanks,
    Muthu
  • mlc101mlc101 Member Posts: 2
    My wife purchased a 2011 6cyl limited with the nav package, Back up camera and Body side molding. Mats and exhaust tip were added. We have had it about 6 weeks.

MSRP $33174 add in the mats and exhaust tip.

Paid $28000 all other dealers were over 29k for this.
  • mlc101mlc101 Member Posts: 2
    How do you get the nav package with the 6disc cd??
  • ravine33ravine33 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought car today! (in Massachusetts)

RAV4 Base 4cyl 4x4 w/ value package/floor mats

$21,700 after student rebate.

Basically called a bunch of dealerships. Took a while, but went back to the closest dealership to price-match.

Although... once in the showroom... my head wasn't working right, so I bought their prepaid maintenance care... meh. Waste of money in retrospect.
  • humanrighthumanright Member Posts: 2
    I am in North Indiana, the internet quote I got is

RAV4 base AWD 23100 + ttl. Total price is 24860$. Is this a deal? the price before ttl is only 100 dollars below the invoice. What a market now?

Thanks for suggestion.
  • wuroyewuroye Member Posts: 6
    Did you end up buying it and was that a V6?
    Which state?
    Which county or city in MA?
  • swalsh1swalsh1 Member Posts: 1
    I've been shopping a ton of dealers for an out-the-door price on a new (2011) black Base 4WD Rav4. I have only communicated through e-mail as I have no time to waste at a dealership. The lowest I have gotten is $23,500- that includes taxes, tags, title, destination fee and dealer processing fee. I saw above how someone got under $22,000?? Is that possible? I saw that invoice is $22,324. Is it possible to somehow get below invoice? If so, please share!
  • mcoctopusmcoctopus Member Posts: 13
    Unless you're particular about the colour ask them if they have 2010 leftovers. I got one with value option for 19,9.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    While not specifiically about prices paid, I thought that people out test driving and buying the Rav4 would possibly know the answer to this question. I have seen two Rav4s now and I thin they were both Limited models with no spare tire mounted on the back and it didn't look like there was ever one mounted there. Is this an option and if so, where do they put the spare? Or are people putting run-flats on and taking the spare off entirely? Or are these possibly 2012 models? They both looked nice and clean from the rear and I'm sure the door is substantially lighter to open/close.

Anyone know anything?
    You must have seen the sport version which does not have spare tire mounted on the back door and since it is sports model it can run on flat tire. So i guess it does not come with spare one.
  • notsodumbnotsodumb Member Posts: 1
    I'm in eastern Iowa and it is pretty hard to find a Rav4. I was quoted a base price of $22,800 (not including tax, title, license) BUT they have no idea if they can fnid me a 2011 RAV4 in the color I want let alone any color! They had one only new one on the lot but it was the LTD w/all the bells & whistles which I don't want.

Used, forget about it! They had a nice 2010 that was exactly what I was looking for BUT 8k miles and price of $21,900. :surprise: Even this dumb chick knows you lose at least $1k just driving it off the lot! Used RAV4s are high priced right now, I guess due to shortage.
    I'm probably just going to wait until the 2012s ow just wait period to buy. They are losing a bunch of customers who don't want to wait and buying other brands.
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    Hi,
    we will getting delivery today from newjersey dch toyota after wait for our choice color silver coming today and we were given price of 2011 rava 4 awd base with mud guard,inter tan cover for 23909 and we got pre approved for graduation 1000 off with 3.99 apr for 36months.....

i agreed with you....they donot want to have much deal on rava 4 since 75% rava 4 made in japan....

we did not have much option to wait otherwise i preffer to wait for 2012....with outside loan.,..

thanks
    hank
  • lamacgandalflamacgandalf Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I've been looking for a limited v6 fwd with nav, rear view cam, and tow prep for 28799 + tax.
    Is this a good price? This one is in pyrite mica color.
    There's one that goes for 29000 even + tax fully loaded as above, but color is red.
    I prefer the V6 power, but the wife is partial to the CRV handling. I am wondering if the pyrite mica is a better color simply because it calls for less attention (?speeding ticket).
    OTD price in CA is 31606. Any recommendation please.
  • carinquiry2011carinquiry2011 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know when the 2012 model will be released and at the dealerships? I have seen the EV model and love the style.

Does anyone know if the gas version will have the same body style?

I really want to wait for the 2012 Rav4 but can't find anything on when they will release them. I know there is quite the shortage on the 2011s and I'm unsure if that is going to affect the availability of the 2012 as well. If it isn't out in the next month or so I'm going to have to go to a different manufacture :(
  • chrism11chrism11 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2011 base 2WD OTD 23,160 near Charlotte NC.

Upgraded Value package
    window tint
    floor mats(i think should automatically come with car)
    hitch
    traded 97 Corolla w/98,000 miles

Hope this was a good deal. Looking at Truecar.com, it seems about right.
  • henry_nhenry_n Member Posts: 33
    I have talked to a number of dealers here in the Houston area. The best price I am getting is about $900 off of the MSRP, which definitely does not impress me. The dealers tell me they can't keep the V6 models in stock, so no serious discounts will happen. Disappointing.
  • didadi77didadi77 Member Posts: 1
    Could not find a single RAV4 (both 4 and 6 cylinder version) in Central Texas area. Finally got one from Dallas. A sweet family had a 08'Rav4 with 38K miles. I got a phenomenal price for it (paid cash though :(. Super SUV and we like it a lot..Hpefully it will live up to the expectations.
  • atlbravesatlbraves Member Posts: 2
    I have received quote of 20783 + 595 dealership fees + tax\registration for 2011 base rav4 2WD with following added options:
    17"5 spoke styled steel wheels
    50 state emissions
    daytime running lights
    5 piece carpet floor and cargo mats

Is it a good deal? Any other tips for the purchase? Thank you.
  • zzz2006zzz2006 Member Posts: 25
    I am looking for a 4x4 2011 RAV4. The dealer is willing to go $200 under invoice for all 2011 RAV4 in stock.

Any comments?

Thanks.